Speaker 1: What's up.
Speaker 2: This is Yellow Wolf, Catfish Billy.
Speaker 1: Make sure you check me out on the Bootleg keV podcast happening right now.
Speaker 3: Yo, Bootleg cap podcast Man special guests in here, my guy. It's been a long time coming. Yep, mister Wolf himself, Yellowolf is in.
Speaker 1: The building, man, dud, good to see you as well. Been friends for a long time.
Speaker 3: For a very long time, man, Like shit, since like I think you and I met in twenty ten. Wow, I introduced you on stage at the Wiz the Wiz tourter. But I was already like a huge fan and already kind of like diving into your world and like following Ritz and shit, and so it was dope to be able.
Speaker 1: To meet you finally. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: O G Trunk Music. It was when like I think, just I wish was on the right fucking which was a fucking great record, a remix with Ray Kwan.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, shout out Taylor Gang. Shout to Taylor Gang. Yeah, it's a fucking era, man, it was.
Speaker 2: It was the you know, breaking bad basically.
Speaker 3: Dude, Like seriously, like when I think about like the best eras of hip hop I've been a part of that is the era where it was like twenty like nine twenty ten, the blog era, like still being excited when people and people were just dropping free music with like no like plan. It was just like what is this free music? That are these z share links and these media fire links, and you know, there was that PIF and all that shit, and like you were like, you're one of the goats of that era.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, you've been through so.
Speaker 2: Much, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Earlier I was talking to so Willpower, which will Power produced Trump music and the legend and a shit, shitty shit house in fucking the hood of gas in Alabama.
Speaker 2: We did that record, but as far as like releasing music.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that in particular, we fucking put a We put pop the trunk out from from the apartment from I was rooming his apartment to Twitter. That's how we got that record going crazy. And we did it with no permission. Actually we did it in spite of the advice to not well because I was like, well, that's got time. You were fully independent, right. I was with Kawan Pray through even with KP and Ghetto Ghetto Vision, but that was like more of a production deal. There was no like, now this is before south By.
Speaker 3: When you had everybody bidding on you and going crazy. This was very early on.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this was like that. That was the That was the pivotal record that put the Internet on fire and you know, got all the attention going. Then we started doing shows and had moved off video.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah for five grand with a five D and no lights.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy when you go back and watch that video still. I watched it recently. It's it holds up. Some of those videos they don't hold up, you know, but that video holds up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. It's like a it's like shook ones. You know, it's got that for real, for real in the streets, for real with the real people do when real shit you know. Yeah, man, I mean it was just a the stars aligned for that to happen.
Speaker 3: Do you remember being featured on the hook of a Slim Thug song but not getting the featured credit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I run it didn't say feature and yellow No, I tell you, I like how so And then there was mixing up the medicine by Joel's. People were using you for hook hooks for a little bit. I went to uh the Ozone Awards in Texas. I had already done the Ozone Awards and uh with a mixtape and with DJ Ideal called Stereo. We're just getting our feet wet, you know, like trying ship doing things. That was my cup in the way, but uh, it was Jim Johnson and Jim Johnson and I both have this like affinity for classic rock, and.
Speaker 2: So I did he.
Speaker 1: I was at at the Ozone Awards and shit got crazy and I think it was Houston that sounds about right, and uh it got weird. You know, there was shit happening, beef happening, and ship and Jim was like, fuck this, Let's go to this studio. I got a session booked with Slim Thug, and uh, that is it.
Speaker 2: Flock of Seagulls.
Speaker 3: The original writ interpolation right, yeah, yeah, uh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Run the streets all night and day. So I cut the vocals and I went back to Gadsten. I was still fucking dumb, broke, still living like in the trap basically, and I couldn't afford to make it to the video. So Jim Johnson stood in and voiced over my part.
Speaker 3: People who don't know Jim Johnson, this is the multi platinum Lollipop by Lil Wayne. I mean, you just guys got real fucking hit records, many legendary platinum producer.
Speaker 1: Many, many, many hits. Yeah, from the trailer parks of Florida, shout out Jim Johnson him, but yeah, he just he saw a place for me in that, and uh so we did it. But yeah, I remember walking around and it was a smash with smash record. It was all over the radio. Yeah, and I was just walking around like that's me, that's me, that's me. No, that's literally me. That's not They're like, nah, I'm like, dude, I run, that's me. Look like I'll sing it for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll seek it for you. But it spawned a bunch of opportunities.
Speaker 1: The next opportunity that came out for a short period, I was the guy to go to for that, so I redid uh Subterranean Blues by Bob Dylan for Joel Santana mixing up the medicine and I was in the basement. So it spawned out, and then it became like, oh, I'm going to reach out to to this guy yellow Wolf. He's got the rock hooks, some cool hooks, and and then it spawned the relationship for Big Boy from Maltcast hit me up and I was like, I was like, big oh you were on I remember that was one of your first big looks. Well, your DJ no DJ started with he he was like, hey man, let me get one of them rock hooks.
Speaker 3: Because there was a few looks where I was like, oh, people are starting to catch on now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think it was the Big Boys shit.
Speaker 3: And then I remember you sharing a record with it It wasn't it wasn't it. You were on a record with bud Bee early on. What was the record?
Speaker 1: Uh around that time? Was it on your ship? Oh? Good to Go? Good to Go, That's what I'm thinking of. Yeah, yeah, good, that's your ship. That that was after uh that's after all this stuff. Yeah yeah yeah yeah. And then yeah, so I was like big please, I just want to I need I need to wrap. I can. I actually got verses, like I got something fun. I got verses and he was playing beats. He's like what about this? What about that? And when I heard your DJ no DJ, he was like, man, now three thousand produced that. That's that's a no go. I said, please, man, and he gave me the track. He said, I'll give you a shot, and I gave him like sixty eight bars, like just non stop bars. So we ended up chopping those bars and sharing versus throughout the song. That was the record here, that was the one. That was the one he took me, you know, took me to the BET Awards with him and put me on stage for the first time in front of camera.
Speaker 2: So love you big podcast.
Speaker 3: A legend, man. It's crazy around that time you because when I think of nine oh wait hip hop, I'm thinking, like, there was the year where it was you and Krit were for Mixtape of the Year. I think it was DJ Booth did their awards. I think you lost to Crit, but I remember being like this is.
Speaker 2: Like always lose to Crit.
Speaker 1: But during that time, it was like so crazy because what about that one train though that I really lose to did not? No, you did not.
Speaker 3: And also I'd also like to point out the piece of Shit record where you Ritch and Crit was a fucking legendary Yes.
Speaker 1: Oh no, full of shit, full of shit, full of shit. I'm full of full of shit. I should I Yeah, my mama said I should have had brown eyes because why I'm full of ship, full of shit on full of shit.
Speaker 3: But even then, like with the Wiz movement that was going on, do you ever because you've had so many errors of your career, but do you ever take the time out to like truly reflect on like the stuff you've been a part of.
Speaker 1: Not really because I I'm like programmed next, next, like what's next.
Speaker 3: I think we all are that way, so at times it's it's like you kind of got to just reflect a little.
Speaker 1: Like fuck, I mean, it piles up, and you know, it's a I had a night actually where I got a new place in Nashville and I had my buddy Sam Lee over the tattoo guy, great guy, a little bro, you know, and and he's like, we're playing all this other music. He's like, yo, man, let's let's let's bump through your discography. You know. I was like, and I never ever do that. And after about an hour, I like sat down on the couch and I was like, holy shit, I'm yellow Wolf, Like what the fuck? You know?
Speaker 2: It was like this.
Speaker 1: I was like, it was like a it was scary, honestly, the real to realize the amount of music and what I've done over the years, you know, it was a bit emotional. Man, I was like, fuck, man, We've I've really put in work, man, Like we we've really been out here for a minute, doing a long doing a lot of shit. So uh but yeah, unless someone else brings it to my attention, I don't I don't really dig back because I'm just so focused on like what's right now, which right now for me is war Story.
Speaker 2: The double album is coming out in May.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything is very I mean, vintage blog era bars.
Speaker 1: The beat is crazy, the videos fucking crazy. It's just a rap video. You got fucking.
Speaker 3: Legend, you got fucking Estevon in there, you got you got fucking yeah, yeah, shout the Baldacci the face of La fucking DJ Paul's And it's just a very like i'd heard, like because I was talking to will Power a bit, but I heard like you were like kind of back honed in on scratching that itch again.
Speaker 1: Why why is this? Why? Why? Now? Though?
Speaker 2: Well, I did this rock and roll album with Shooter Jennings.
Speaker 1: I was gonna bring that out, by the way, Yeah, I'm a believer. Yeah yeah, bro listen people, sometimes why is a fucking It's like it might be a perfect rock album. We thought so, me and Jelly talk about it all the time because we're like, this ship is like the best version of like the old school rock we like. But today, well that's what we we that's what we set out to do. I mean, baby's fucking hard, bro, thank you well. We great Schroman music too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that album sometimes?
Speaker 1: Why please, if you're a rock and roll even if you're not a rock and roll fan, you should, you should, you should bump down on that arena shit. It's arena shit. I mean we you know, like Shooter and I have been talking about doing a record for years. Didn't know how we we're gonna do it, didn't know what we're gonna make, honestly, but he sent me a SoundBite of a guitar riff he made and it was during COVID. So I had this little studio up under my stairs and I recorded a vocal and sent it back to him, and he called me immediately like, holy shit, dude, if this is any indication of what we can do, we have to make this happen. So we booked a session at Sunset Sound and uh, two days before our first session, George Floyd was murdered and we already had flights we already had all these things set up, so we came into l a hot you know that it was obviously a wild time and so deuring the during the making of that record, we were out marching. We were out like we would take just a break and just go walk for a few miles, you know, just supporting. And but obviously the vibe was just so and intense. You know, there's helicopters and and and you're in ls everywhere. You know, I'm on Sunset Sunset sound man, all the Sunset Trip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fucking protests were everywhere. I mean she was active right outside the door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was active, very you know, and so it did. It created that part created all an intense emotional vibe, and one record reflects that. Off that album in particular, it's it's just a story of the neighborhood is going to ship, you know, like everything is changing, and but you know, like as far as like the record and the vibe of of each song was, we just wanted to do what we loved, like the ship that we grew up listening to, the ship that we the rock that we were inspired by, and each song just started happening. We wrote and record of that entire album and that in that week, That in a week. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: If anybody who hasn't heard this album just listen to make me a believer and tell me it isn't meant to be in a fucking That ship is like stadium rock bro.
Speaker 1: That you know, like what we we definitely we thought so. I thought that that record. I thought that that album was going to change my career forever. I was like, because we thought that as well. I was like, Man, this ship may really really go, and this may actually people are going to forget that I was even a rapper. That's how powerful I thought that record was. I was like, man, they're gonna have to they'll dig back and discover pop the trunk and they're going to scratch their head. They're not going to even know. Well, as it turned out like the you know, we and we got all these crazy critical acclaims. You know, it played the played the Grammy Museum and we were you know, considered for a nomination and all those things, and it just kind of I don't think that it had a moment. I don't think that it for whatever reason, it didn't have the moment we thought it was going to have. But we did like legendary Ship. We played Rainbow Rooms fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 2: Which is crazy it played. We played the Viper Room.
Speaker 1: We did some really cool ship with that opened up for Leonard skinnerd like, yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Did crazy ship with the record. But I think.
Speaker 1: The the lack of what I considered I thought it was a little underappreciated and under under worked.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of it's that it's not you guys, it's really the you know. No, it wasn't like I mean, because I know it was worked to radio because I remember the machine well, I remember seeing it on the radio chart at rock. So I was like, oh, at least they're working it to rock, you know, Like yeah, but it's it's the machine.
Speaker 1: Okay. It takes a lot of a lot of things to make radio work. Let's just say that. And and I wasn't willing. I was like, man, if it you know, if it's not, if it's not doing what it's supposed to be. Really on a campaign, bro, it's really a campaign. Well, I'll tell you one thing that we did that we reignited as a as a crew is we put a quarter million dollars in wheat pasting across the world and billboards and we tore s it up all over Paris, Australia, Japan, like Canada, New Zealand, you know, like and that was impactful, that had that had a real impact on people. I got it. There's a photo of Paul Rosenberg taking a selfie in front of the wheat paste in Paris.
Speaker 3: You know, no people, I think people underestimate that Gorilla ships.
Speaker 1: Too, they do. I don't.
Speaker 2: But you know, keep sleeping, keep sucking shit works.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you were get back to what made uh okay so okay? So reuniting with willpower. It's been, it's been, it's been not too many years. But well, when I tapped back in, like literally like when I say, I compartmentalized those moments and so when I when I dove into sometimes why that was that was my life and my existence and I put all my energy into that. But the frustration of the what I thought was the under being underappreciated when you think.
Speaker 3: This is our life change, this is going to change things, and it maybe goes you know.
Speaker 1: And it don't and it don't. It it definitely got like artistic credibility. Sure, but it just made me like tap back in to hip hop. And when I did tap back in, I was like, nah, man, I have something to say, I have something to do. It made me so hungry for versus because I had spent so much time training myself how to sing correctly, how to deliver those rock and roll records the best that I could, and I was so hyper focused on that that when I pulled that spot out of my mind where I do rap versus hip, I just got so hungry for hip hop again. And so I talked to Malay. I called Malay and I called Willpower, and I was like, man, we need to get back together and do love story again, but this time, let's call it war story because we've been through it. And so I came out to Los Angeles State at the Sunset Market. He Malay would feed me bpms. For the most part, there was no beats. It's pretty crazy, that's pretty crazy. He would send me like, Okay, today's BPM eighty five. Yes, today's eighty five, here's a click track. And I would write full songs and hooks and everything, go into the studio at like two pm.
Speaker 2: Cut my verses, cut the hooks and he'd.
Speaker 1: Produce around it. That's the that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And people.
Speaker 1: Who don't know that's like the opposite of how it usually goes right. Yeah. I mean, if you're like hip hop, recording, it's usually to a beat to a beat, you're you're something exactly something to some kind of melody. But recording it's with absolutely nothing. Like He's like, nah, man, you make up a melody in your head, make up a concept, make up a cadence, and bring it. And so I did, and we did that for the whole album. And when I cut that album, I was like, oh fuck. I still hadn't worked with Willpower. So we cut a whole album with Malay. I called Will. I said, man, you got to come to Atlanta and I mean, you got to come to Nashville and here this fucking record that me and Malay did. It's bonkers. Your your work is cut out for you. Because if we're gonna do what I think we're gonna do, I think we're gonna to hang you gotta you gotta go crazy.
Speaker 2: And he did.
Speaker 1: He went absolutely crazy, and we went to Atlanta and cut that record. And when I had both the albums, I was like, man, this is not. I can't blend these two. This is two separate albums. But then I didn't have time to put two of them out like separately, so it's like, fuck it, let's just put out a double album. So it's Trump Music Forever with will Power and Michael Wayne with Malay all under All under a War Story.
Speaker 3: I look at like I always somehow will Power is back. We got liquor, liquors, Liquors touchdown. I was gonna say, willis coat. I always tell will Power on is it Box Chevy four?
Speaker 1: On which what's which one is on?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Trump Music too?
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I got a surprise for the block Chevy fans, but you is there. I got a big surprise for.
Speaker 2: Bock Chevy fans on the War Story.
Speaker 1: Bock Chevy eight is on War Story and crazy Man, I'll tell you this. I have three of my close friends and og Slamerican Killer my squad that were at the Grammys American sen exactly. Yeah, he knows his ship. Well, okay, fuck it, Killer, Mike, DJ Paul and Jelly Roll are on this record, not on Box Chevy eight separately and on different songs. So I'm not gonna tell you which song they're on, but they're all three on there and they were all at the Grammys. Dude, that was such a moment man like like as a, as A, as a friend and A and A and A and an artist friend, like watching that, like my boys up there getting it amazing, and look, we already had.
Speaker 2: These records in the bag.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh shit, it's funny.
Speaker 3: I saw your story when you were watching I because I was watching. I never watched the Grammys, but I was watching them like you because I just I just wanted to see if Jelly got new artists.
Speaker 1: Right right right of course. So it was literally but come on, Mike, Mike. But but it sucked that wasn't on TV because by the time the show started on TV, we already knew he won three and then I think he was in He was a handcuffs by then. That was incredible. I have been more pro I'm to sweep three of them.
Speaker 3: And then I just love the post like campaign he's on right now going to the breakfast club talking his ship like he made the best rap album of the year.
Speaker 1: It's not even close. Him and I talked about it. I was like, you're gonna get a Grammy for this that's you know what and deservingly, deservingly come on, you know and and it just goes back so far. Mike was one of my very, very first cosns. I'm talking about going back to kicking like way before, like when I first got my first situation, a brief situation with Columbia Records, Mike pulled up. Mike pulled up with when I was working with Will Power and we did Sla American Shit. Is the first time that I even mentioned Slamerican? Was that record? Alum on YouTube?
Speaker 2: I'm sure it is.
Speaker 1: Everything's on fer I just had it on my phone forever. Everything's on YouTube. I find shit of mine on YouTube. I'm like, I'm I don't even how it's still there, but yeah, everything ends up there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So for people who don't know it's American Shittisen was a record that you and Killer Mike did, I don't know, twelve years ago, fifteen years ago, I don't even know how long ago.
Speaker 1: Was in a fucking barn studio in Atlanta, Georgia. It's not even there no more. They tore that motherfucker down. It's like Atlantic Station now.
Speaker 3: No, but it's it's definitely it's it's been cool to see him and Jelly's Grammy night.
Speaker 2: Was so awesome and Paul DJ Paul.
Speaker 3: Yeah and Paul and Paul went in a Grammy. He might fuck around with an E guy if he wants to go do something.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to. Man, we talked about to score a play. Now that's what I'm saying. Please, he could get an E guy for real. I want to I want to see I want to see Memphis through his eyes in a play and and and a series for the Emmy. He deserves that, dude, Paul's the best. So what are we drinking? Dad?
Speaker 2: Slow Mafia, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, that ep you guys did? That? Was that a four banger?
Speaker 3: You guys did like what seven eight years ago with all the fucking classic samples?
Speaker 1: Fuck? Oh, Paul, he done another one that we've done two so far we did, Yeah, we did. What did we call that? That ship was tough? Yeah? That was there was only four records I think. Yeah, it was like a quick one, like a quick banger that we did another one titled slaw Mafia like that like.
Speaker 2: Two I think three three.
Speaker 1: Years ago, like I did a August I called it the august Onslaught where I dropped like four albums in a month that it was you drop that.
Speaker 3: You dropped the album with riff Raft, you dropped, you dropped two others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I dropped uh uh, DJ DJ Mugs, Miles zero Ye shout to Mugs with fucking Del the Funky Homo Sapient and DJ Paul on one record.
Speaker 3: Another great ol Fi hip hop record. Another great album you did. But it was after the Sometimes Why Ship? If I'm right that I feel like you scratched your rapping itche On was you and Caski's album.
Speaker 1: Is fucking crazy? That came after. I think it came after Yellow Black Sheep came after I think I might. I think.
Speaker 3: No, No it didn't because I was with Caski at the at the Rainbow Room.
Speaker 2: Yeah no I didn't.
Speaker 1: It was before it was, but I was with Caski at you know what you guys are talking about doing part two?
Speaker 2: You know a matter of fact, we were kind.
Speaker 1: Of deep into it, and and I knew that that record had to come out, and I was telling Caski. I was like, bro, and I was like, I got this rock and roll project. Though, Man, I'm telling you we better get this out. Yeah, we better go. But been a problem man is one of my favorite. Shout to Tasty Man, so yeah, yeah, yeah'd be his crazy that have one of the hardest videos too. Shout out to Kaski too, who's getting married in a couple of days. And I can't fucking make it too, is what. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, dog, I'm sorry I cannot make it to you. He's one of the.
Speaker 3: Best, very underrated somehow, but just murdering it, building this fan base still.
Speaker 1: I that's a that's a that's that whole underrated thing is like such a mystery. I like, I don't know how well okay, so and in the same sense, like even myself. You know, I met an artist named Cordel with DJ Paul the other day. This guy get did two billion streams just last year, and I had no clue.
Speaker 2: I had never heard of him, never met him.
Speaker 1: What kind of music does he do? It's like festival like dark know, it's they call it funk, they call it funky. Yeah, like they call that rat. But he took over that ship and you know, and we hit it up. We're homies. But I'm just like, you can you can like have these like like your parameters don't make like it doesn't line up with it, and you can have a whole solar system and no one knows, like people like you wouldn't believe.
Speaker 2: Like a dude walks up to me like two days ago, like, oh.
Speaker 1: Shit, yellow Wolf, what what dude? What I'm what? You still making music? Like?
Speaker 2: Man, I heard from you since Pop the Chunk.
Speaker 1: I was like dog, you you you checked out. I didn't check out. You tapped into some other ship. I've been tapped in on my ship, you know, Like I was like Dog. Since then, I've done like fifteen albums. I don't know where you've been. But then I have a gold album and multi platinum bro actually today like multi platinum records and you know, a fucking a whiskey company of fucking clothing and apparel brand, a fucking just all kinds of shit's going on, and you know, but it's just like you know, no, you can just exist, man. Well, I always because I went to Utah and interviewed the NBA Young Boy and I did a show with him in New Zealand. Oh that's great, it's random him and CEO. It was me and him and Cuevo Fire. Yeah, they were dope, Like, both of them are great, but the actual festival and the whole way random they did not have. I flew out there with Tea pain. I was getting more random paint. Well that's the homie first of all. Oh he's the best, he's great. Uh got knights with that guy? Yeah, me too? Uh uh? I love his wife. Two shots. His wife's wife's great. Of course she's She's from Gadsden, Alabama, my hometown.
Speaker 3: I feel like her and I discussed that, but for real, I think so because I think she had some sort of road tide shit going on and I was like, oh, you're from Alabama and she said, you're one of my only Alabama references.
Speaker 1: Obviously it's blown up a lot more. There's a lot more.
Speaker 3: Popping artists from Alabama now, you know. But like I'm always like, yo, where is that? How close is that to Gadson? And they're like, how do you know about Gatsa? Like Yellowolf from Gadson.
Speaker 1: Beyonce is from Guys and I heard I know her. Most of her family is still there, the Knowles family. Are you all hip to? Like the young I know streets of that Alabama got roots and gas. And let me be clear. I know I know she wraps Texas, but do you pay attention?
Speaker 3: Like there's a kid named No Cap who's going crazy, but he's like sign a little baby, super young street rapper, but he's fucking litt He's from Alabama like some blues dope.
Speaker 1: He's from US. He's from alabam. Alabama's having a wave man.
Speaker 2: Alabama RECTI Peace dough b.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely. Wasn't there a group called Dirty? Oh yeah, Dirty? Yeah? Of course a group called Dirty were they wasn't it Pop the Trunk? And there were were? There? Were they on rap a lot? I don't know they might have been.
Speaker 2: I don't you know what.
Speaker 1: I don't really nerd out like that, you know, like I said, I'm just I'm so hyper focused on the ship that I do the next yeah.
Speaker 2: Or just what I'm doing at the time.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't have the bandwidth to study everything that's happening. There's so fucking much and there's always something new to discover and a lot of fucking talent. Man. Honestly, the young the younger generation is killing it. In my opinion. I love what's coming up. You know, there's a lot of trash, of course, but there's a lot of inspiration as well. For you.
Speaker 3: We talked about Jelly a little bit, but just to see I really gotta want to you know. You you've been a guy who's been championing Jelly roll for it for years and years and years from the grit and uh, you know, he's always.
Speaker 1: With He's one of the first crew members with this SLA American tattoo, you know what I mean, Like that that I took Jelly on tour with me and you know, like put him in the studio and produce one of his first singer songwriter songs, you know what I mean, Like during when I was making a Ghetto Cowboy and a Trial by Fire, when when Struggle just got out of prison, had you know, Struggles still out of halfway house, when I was pulling pulling them into the studio and working and then uh waiting and Willie, which I think they've done four of them now, but the first one first was with us, you know. Yeah, And but you know, to see to see it, he's just so incredibly smart man, like blows my mind. I call him the Governor, Like, dude, you're the governor he'll walk in.
Speaker 2: He remembers everyone's.
Speaker 1: Name, always eye contact, always everyone's name. How's your mom? He remember mom's name, kids names, birthdays. He's like a savant with that ship. And he's so pleasant to be around. And I'm just happy that people are getting to experience that, you know what I mean, Like he's always been that, and he's always been the name hustling too though, Like sure, but don't get it fucked up. He's tough, tough as nails, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And so but.
Speaker 3: He hasn't changed, like people are like, yo, this guy Jelly's so great, Like his interviewsers like that's how he's always finished.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not going to say. I'm not going to say he hasn't changed, but he has evolved into a better version of himself, you know, Like the game is fucking hard, man, and when you're when you're down, you tend to be you gotta chip on your shoulder, you know what I mean. And when things start to evolve, it lightens up that weight that that you have been carrying for so long, and it allows you to be cool or you know what I mean. And so that for him, I'm happy. I'm happy for him that he is going to relieve Congress. He's relieved of the burden of getting known. Now it's a rap. Now he gets to like sit back, make more music, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean when I tell people like he's been an underground rapper for years, like this guy was opening for Insane Clown Posse like nine years ago.
Speaker 1: Like people don't get it, like ship me too, fucking woo woo. They're coming here tonight, the coming here. I'm interviewing them at ten pm. Two.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be good. Dude.
Speaker 2: It last time.
Speaker 1: I look, I did that festival. Yeah, I guess that the last the last time. What was I like, Well, the first time, the first show I went to, they started throwing fireworks on stage and I heard that, like you know, they were like rowdy. I've heard that. I've seen it, yeah, and I was like, fuck it, I'm about that life. And I was with Shady at the time. So when I walked on stage, I said, Shady records in this motherfucker and I knew but like purposeful that show, yeah, exactly, because I knew the beef You're like throw shit at me. I'm here.
Speaker 2: I knew the beef.
Speaker 1: They're like boo, start throwing fireworks on stage and.
Speaker 2: I said, I said, I said, whoo whoop, let's go.
Speaker 1: And they loved it. It was like it was like instant family, you know what I mean. I didn't say that to say fuck y'all. I said that to say I'm not scared, you know what I mean? Respect me here. I made a fucking party. So they started throwing the fucking fireworks on stage, and then somebody threw like a pile of those fucking black cat firecrackers and it just so happened right during the line, stood on top of them, jump on like a pack is standing to get back in the back and live with the pack of man ex. I just went off on this fucking tangent and they were going like fireworks and the fucking like and they were like family family.
Speaker 2: It was a rap after that.
Speaker 1: So I fell in love with their squad and the fans that they're the best man's the best people out there. Honestly, I heard that the festival's wild placement. No okay, so it got rowdier now they knew I was about it. So the second time I went, they threw mortars. Mortars. Yeah, that can hurt No, no, no, no, it definitely could. And then somebody fucking hit me in the face with a bottle rocket. Luckily I had shades on, but I was like, fuck it, let's go. I never stopped, and then this last time I went last, I'd have been done after that. Oh listen, gonna shoot me next time? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, okay they did, they did.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so I walked out on stage, and I guess at this point they're like, how rowdy can we get during a Wolf set? You know, I'm not saying they wanted to hurt me. It wasn't like that. That's just their way of showing love, and like that's just what they do. I guess it's like old school, like oh, like like Western. They used to you know, they like chicken wire around the stage and they would throw bottles and beers when they loved the band.
Speaker 2: They were just like that's just how they represent So walking on stage.
Speaker 1: Chicken wings, fucking hot dogs, and all of a sudden, I feel like I'm getting stung by bees, like all over my body, but I'm not moving. And then it started to fucking like I need to move left and right because something's they've they've sent I don't know what the fuck was happening.
Speaker 2: It was dark, but it was so come to find.
Speaker 1: There was like three people out there with those automatic fucking uh pellet guns that shoot plastic, and they were like lighting me up, just the whole my whole set, just fucking just fucking me up. But I survived. So there's that. They got that, Like the drug Bridge family, they're like, fuck you yo. So before the show, I was I was talking to what's homie's name, Shaggy you violent Jol.
Speaker 2: I was talking to viol j.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was like, hey man, you know last time they threw mortars on stage. You know, I'm not sure what's going to happen tonight, but you know, if it gets too crazy, you think you could come out there and like make sure they don't like kill me or something.
Speaker 6: He was like, bro, honestly, it'll probably get worse if I step out there and say something like you can't tell them to calm down. I was like, you're right, you're right, you're right, all right, fuck it, here we go.
Speaker 1: And so that was that. I was all fucking fucked up. Looked like I got hit with ants all over my body. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's shout out to uh to the Juggalos. They're an interesting uh group of humans there.
Speaker 2: Some artists got fucked up up out there, though, man like.
Speaker 3: Tila Tequila got fucked up for Tela Tequila was like on stage and they just just bombed her with just and I think somebody from I think od B and I gonna talk too more about the detes ICP Man's good guys.
Speaker 1: Good guys, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, they're good guys.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. They fucking they pay attention, you know, and they showed love and support. I mean, they've built an amazing following. Those dudes are brilliant, to be honest, like brilliant business guys.
Speaker 3: You have had a crazy since you got off of Shady. I feel like, well, a good thing that happened was Trunk Music too almost immediately went up on DSPs, which was fucking amazing because that's actually my favorite one, that's my favorite project of yours.
Speaker 1: But Trump music too, Yes, what's the fucking second truck music? No, I know what I'm just trying to figure out. Yeah, oh, Tennessee, first that was on that for the first time, I forget which.
Speaker 2: One is one, which one's whatever.
Speaker 1: I DJ the fucking release party in South Boy. You were fucking blackout well, of course, and I had a beard and a gold grill. Yes you did, Yes you did. Uh Boo was tripping out rest in peace. She's like, you got a grill and a beard. I'm surprised everybody I saw who would I see who?
Speaker 2: Uh uh djuh Drama.
Speaker 1: Saw Drama on the plane on the way to south By Southwest and I was sitting next to him in first class. He was like, he's like, yo, yellow Wolf. I was like, I was like, yeah, dog had a fucking big period and a gold grill. He's like, I was like, what, It's just a beard. He goes, nah, man, it's a lot. That's a lot.
Speaker 2: Nah Man, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Don't just call the beard. But I showed up at south By Southwest that hey man, thank you by the way for fucking supporting that record.
Speaker 3: And No, it's been crazy though, just to see like your output has been so awesome in terms of just from a fan's perspective, because I feel like when you were on Innerscope and Shady, we knew like if you dropped music.
Speaker 1: You'd be in a few years, you know, we get something new.
Speaker 3: But now it's like like you said, you had a month thre you dropped an album every week. You might say, fuck it, I want to go. Do you know an album with CASKI or a rock album.
Speaker 1: I do it the fu I want to do when I want to do it. The other problem at that with you know, just to add a conversation, like the reason why artists get caught up at labels is because, yeah, I got an album, it's prime, it's mixed, mastered, everything's ready to go, got the whole world out planning going. But hey, guess what, Kendrick Lamar's dropping on Fridays, so we gotta wait. You cannot you know what I mean type of deal where it's like now it's like fucking drop that ship whenever, you know. And I love that, and I know the fans appreciate it because, like you know, and also this freestyles. Freestyles are fucking fun as fuck. You know, just fucking record record them day of put them out that night. You know, like it's that shit is so much fun, and it just keeps the mojo flowing. Man, And I'm excited about worst story Oh my god, this double album. I'm excited. Oh my god. Dude, I've always told you, by the way, and whenever you want to do this during this podcast, if you would like to, You've always asked me, let me break something, let me break a record, let me break a song.
Speaker 2: So I've decided I'll let I'll let you.
Speaker 1: I will. I will grant you that. Now I'll let you take a pick. Actually, because we've been homies for so long. Yeah, okay, I got five singles that are gonna roll out all the way up until the album coming out May May. Okay, so we got five singles and five videos. We just put out everything with a video. Fucking sick video, sick record. Thank you. The next that's off of Trump Music Forever. The next single that's coming out is off of the Michael Wayne album, so we're kind of skipping back. That's the one I just listened to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, listen to that is a Michael Wayne album.
Speaker 1: No, I listened to the record though. The next record that got the next record, get the fuck out of here? Yeah, what is it? I just fucking heard it. It's vibe as fuck. Who since you make you love Me? Yeah, that's it. Right, Yeah, who the fuck? Since you make you love me? Fucking rich?
Speaker 4: You have it?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 2: Who oh my publishers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, he's fucking leaking your shit. This guy, he's leaking your ship. He sent you that record. I'm looking at it her.
Speaker 2: Hey, bro, we need to talk.
Speaker 1: I got the clean edit, too clean edit. I don't know you play clean edits have to Yeah, I'm on the like you know, I'm all over the all right, Bro? I like that record. I'll play you whatever you want. We did do a freestyle. Remember we did that Wu Tang freestyle we recorded at money Mar's house. I'll play you, I'll play you, make you love me, I'll play you. Uh, I'll play you anything you want off the records. Matter of fact, I had thought, fuck it, I'll send the whole goddamn album. I like to listen to it for sure. You can trust me. I'm not gonna leak it.
Speaker 2: No, what I'm saying is leak it.
Speaker 1: Oh you want me to leak it? Oh? I see what we're doing. Okay, Yeah, yeah, I'm down. But let's just start with the single and the singles done both. Like I'm telling you whatever.
Speaker 3: When I heard this everything record I'm telling you because I saw you teasing it, but when I saw when it finally because it dropped like two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Now it was the last Friday. I feel like it just came out. Yeah, it's like on the sixteenth. That dropped on the sixteenth. Thank you, amazing, amazing record man.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Willpower. I'm excited to hear both sides. So this is like a double disc if there were discs still.
Speaker 1: Disc well, I mean it's it's gonna be vinyl, So you're gonna be able to do the vinyl like you might even have four Vieah, you know, it's dope. This is dope. I'm going to the actual vinyl press. I'm going to pour my own wax Wow into into an exclusive amount of We're obviously we're doing a lot of vinyl, but there will be a certain number that I pour myself, and they'll be numbered. Yeah, they'll be signed the number that I've and we're gonna film it and all that shit, And that's just for the fans and also something fucking really cool. I've never been I've never done that before, So I'm gonna I'm gonna pour and press my own vinyl and I'm gonna make up. So I'm gonna do some shit like mix mix up some colors and ship make them like really super unique. Y. Yeah, put some skips in there, a little skippies.
Speaker 3: You know, it's crazy, Like it's got to feel good all these years, for all these years later though, like you know, we use that word underground and we're talking or underrated. Rather we're talking about certain people. There could be a whole solar system happened and people don't realize it, right, But you have had this fan base that has just like always supported like like like throughout whatever you're going through. You have that core, that slum American fan base that is just I mean, most artists would die to have that level of dedication from a group of people.
Speaker 1: That most artists would die to have it, But most artists wouldn't put their life in jeopardy like I have to eat it to earn it. Yeah, Like it's not it's not. It's not an easy route, you know what I mean, To build your own thing, it just takes a lot of time and it takes a lot of courage too, you know what I mean. And to dive off away from the system and to curate in your own way, your own thing. And so I'm extremely fortunate to have fell into what, you know, what SLA American is, and to create the word and the culture and the idea behind it, and for people to understand it. You know, at one point we had more people around the world with SLA American tattoos before we even printed a shirt that says American. It was that serious. People really understood it all over the globe. And so now yeah, it's we've it's become the umbrella of a lot of amazing things, you know, and you know, multiple genres. I got people coming in like younger, younger artists coming into to Nashville and recording records on new talent. Got a lot of stuff coming in twenty twenty four. Mant not just my double album, but a new new artist, crazy artists like you know, I don't co sign a bullshit like crazy artists, Country music, hip hop, rock and roll, all of it, all all the things that fall up under SLA American. I've I'm not going to say found, but I would say they have found me, and they have found a space where they feel comfortable making music and and and the right crew to put it out with because I get it, you know, I really truly do get it. And yeah it's dope fucking clothing and apparel brand popping. I just brought in Manny to do a cutting soul Slamaria is gonna have a fashion house, dog fashion house and that like the like limited drug well you were doing it's like the Bible belt or like this is something that this is like, look, we've I've been crawling. I still got my ball Mark jacket. Let's go bal Mart. Shout out, shout out Stuart Walton, Walton family, some of that o G some of that og famous Slamerican.
Speaker 2: Shit, Country Fresh.
Speaker 3: Travis Barker, I still got the white tea and it's got you on it with the skeleton face.
Speaker 1: Man. Can I say how much I love I just want to say officially how much I love Travis Barker and what he did for me, you know, being in California and Los Angeles in particular that you know, that dude changed my life, you know, like as a big brother, especially during my time with Shady. He was he was he had my sex man, you know what I mean, like really really carried me around and showed me so much not just about music and networking, but.
Speaker 2: Business and owning your own thing.
Speaker 1: So much of Slamerican, of how I built Some American was inspired by watching how.
Speaker 2: Travis did it.
Speaker 1: And you watched it from up close. Man, I was right there. I saw it, you know, as you know when when mixed Maaster Mike Travis to myself and the cool kids went out and opened for Nicki Minaj and I think Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross and Low Wayne and we were the openers for the show. And like we pull up to a city and the whole city would be dumped. Every city would already be dumped with famous famous everywhere stickers, wheat paste all over the fucking city.
Speaker 2: He had like sent his crew out to dump the city and then when.
Speaker 1: We showed up, it was already present, and you're like, oh shit, it's just brilliant, you know what I mean. And so yeah, he's just the famous era was like a real era.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now he started at dt l A, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's his ship, Yeah exactly, I know that. Yeah, I think he probably likes that no one knows that he's behind it. Well now they do, now they do. Uh? You and I haven't talked. Well, we've talked, we've seen each other. I hope I got my facts right on that.
Speaker 3: I don't know me too. I guess we'll find out. But I went to the Trunk Music three release party. It was at a random shithole bar in Sherman Oaks. MGK pulled up. It was a moment, Oh yeah, I remember, that's that's a night I met Gangster bur on your bus.
Speaker 1: I can't I don't know. I don't know what I was thinking, honestly with that party. It was super small, dude. Roll. I was like, if I'm gonna go to Oyster House, if I'm going to La, I'm gonna do it at a dive bar. At the time you're well, at the time you're pushing your creek water. Yeah, I'm gonna go do it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do a dive bar.
Speaker 1: Fucking l a thing.
Speaker 2: You don't do that ship in Los Angeles. Man, It's like it was wild.
Speaker 1: They didn't. It's not. It's that's some Nashville shit, you know what I'm saying. Like Consight's twenty twenty, I would have taken it down at least to the Rainbow or the Viper Room. Or somewhere somewhere else sunset, you know what I mean. So well, I was gonna say, like it was, it was such a big deal. GKA pulled up like I was twenty nineteen, right, I was twenty nine. Team that I'm dropped.
Speaker 3: But up until that point, like for your fans and his fans, like you guys shared so many fans, you guys had this weird like few that wasn't really about much, you know, Oh it was a gay the MGK thing. Well, I was gonna say, can you walk us through how you guys ever communicating and forward and all that for the fans who don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well MGK was just coming up super young. You called him out on my show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean, yeah, he was coming up. He's super young.
Speaker 1: Yeah do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: But he was super young. And I was on Warped tour at the time, and I was like, you know, part of my stage performance has always been you know, throwing water, crowdsurfing, mosh pitting, and he made some kind of comment I believe at the time it's like nobody needs to be crowdsurfing, moshpitting, throwing or whatever.
Speaker 2: Then this is my shit.
Speaker 1: You know. He trying to claim that. Well, yeah, he was young, like you said, Yeah, yeah, he was young.
Speaker 2: And he might not have even been talking about me in particular.
Speaker 1: I mean, he may be. It may be somebody else. I say in particular a lot these days. It's a good thing to say in particular. Yeah, I like it. I'm gonna shake it. I'm not saying it for the rest of the interview. I'm over it, all right. Well so so he so he uh so he made a comment and I made my thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, yo, you know what.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I said.
Speaker 1: But he said, say my name, dog, He said, say my name. It was like before Walter White said save my name. You were in my interview, You're like, say my name on a record. It was aggressive. I mean yeah, I mean I was coming in hot man, you know, I was fucking but you guys had this out it, you know, I know this thing. And then yeah, So I saw him at a trade show like about three or four months later. I think it was SR trade show actually, as a matter of fact, and uh and in LA and I walked up to him.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn, this fool is tall. Tall for for sure, and I was like, he was like, yo, can we That's the first thing I noticed.
Speaker 1: I like, damn, I'm goin to box this tall asthma, Like this is not gonna be go well or is it either gonna go really good for me or really bad for me? But okay, and so we're gonna I just walked up and I was like, I was like, yeoh, what up. He was like, hey, man, can we talk? I was like yeah.
Speaker 2: And then he was you know, he apologized. I apologize.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: There was nothing else to say, and.
Speaker 1: Time went by. We never did a at that time. I was like, man, you know, like honestly, let's just do a record, you know, and just squashed this whole ship because like my fans were acting stupid for sure, real stupid, like putting Slamerican banners on the side of his bus and doing dumb shit, you know, taking selfies, and I was like, this is stupid.
Speaker 2: And this is getting out of hand.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't. I didn't that you're a great guy. He's a great guy. It's fun. Yeah, it's all good. It's all good. So years later the song came out Hard years later.
Speaker 2: DJ Paul says.
Speaker 1: Hey man, we're working on a Trump music. Fucking what is it now? Three? Three? It was three?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How was you want to fuck with?
Speaker 1: Three? I like three a lot. Love three the record with Dube's hard as fuck. Yeah, great album. I love three threes.
Speaker 2: I thought three was crazy.
Speaker 1: No, I agree.
Speaker 2: Two's got some classics on me.
Speaker 1: Two though, it's just like peak willpower. Well, you know what, good point because to me, because because and three will power was not fully present because I had will power at my house when I think it.
Speaker 3: Was Box Chevy four where he just freaks the instrumental for like three minutes at the end, and it's just like it was like almost like the closest thing to a hip hop solo.
Speaker 1: There is, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. We went crazy on that one. But no, I love I mean listen, I was both appreciate it. Three is amazing, love three thank you well.
Speaker 2: DJ Paul was like, you know, we're making rowdy And by the way, it was about it. If you bout it, say you bout it.
Speaker 1: I'm about it. The city that is about it, about it, No, it's about it. But we couldn't get we couldn't we couldn't get in contact with Master, Peeve or nothing. Paul was just like, man, fuck it color rowdy. Yeah, he goes, hey, man.
Speaker 4: Go get uh.
Speaker 7: He goes go get mg K and eminem and we had the craziest record of all time. So he's like, y'all, three white boys get out of here. It's gonna be crazy. And I was like, that's not a bad idea actually, So I recorded it.
Speaker 1: And fucking senate Sena to Marshall and you know, ship next thing, you know, Marshall fucking went went crazy on on mg k's they had to kill show. I had actually think.
Speaker 3: Mg pivots, you know, do my thing, because there was I feel like, was there did they? Because that came out that was your last album on Shady Right Truck Music three?
Speaker 1: Was it? I believe it was? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so because after that was my independent release Ghtto Cowboy.
Speaker 3: Was there any pushback from Shady having MGK the album at the time?
Speaker 1: Now, there was no, No. Marshall was all about it. Marshall. Marshall like, no, respectfully, I did tap in for sure. You know what I'm saying, Like, I ain't fucking not a fool jumping off a cliffs. No, I'm not like because to be honest, it was like if if you if you say no and you say go to war, there, let's go. It's it's it's curtains like respectfully on some hip hop ships, of course tap in with the sense he so I did, and fucking he was like, nah, man, like you know, people want to hear that, you know, and it just you know, I've always had a lot of respect for Marshall obviously, you know, I've looked up to up to him for years. That moment was kind of like, damn, man, you really give a fuck about me, you know what I mean, Like you really care that much to put aside and be like, yeah and let me live. Ipect. Knowing that I had invested this before I knew this happened, I was just like, man, you're man that I got nothing bad to say about Shady or that whole time I was there. There's you know, we hit our we bumped our heads on the first album, you know, like creatively, you know, yeah, I mean I remember, but I remember you.
Speaker 3: I mean you recorded most of that Ilum in Vegas, all of it, yeah, at Moll's house, and then some.
Speaker 2: Of it in Detroit, like we did Heartbreak in Detroit.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you about heartbreak. Yeah, it's one of my favorites. That's probably the best song on that album. I like the one with Ritz too.
Speaker 1: I just burped right into the mIRC. It happens when you talk for Yeah, No, it's crazy because radioactive to me, I remember, you know what it was though, keV, What have you seen Wayne's World? Yeah? Of course I know most people have. It's kind of rhetorical, but I like, but yeah, great, fair enough. But so great movie by the way, great movie, by the way. Both is there? Three? Is there a thirty? So no, that scene where you know they have this crazy underground show and you know it, they have their stees and you know, everything's like kind of perfect, and they get ripped up and thrown into this corporate scene and then it goes the their theme music changes. You know, it's all fucking dressed up to be pretty and not the same show anymore.
Speaker 8: And that is.
Speaker 2: Exactly what happened to me with my first album.
Speaker 1: Like even.
Speaker 2: My logo got flipped.
Speaker 1: They had an art department at Interscope that fucking changed my logo and like put the radioactive symbol and the o of yellow Wolf and like orange beanies and like just all kinds of weird you know, ship that like people think I'm responsible for. So there's so much of that that I was just like, what the like wanting to flip over tables, you know what I mean, like, what the fuck are you doing? Fucking it up? And then and then creatively, you know, it was such a rat race to be on that album because like, oh my god, fucking eminem sound a white boy, What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: I want to I have to be a part of this.
Speaker 1: And plus, you know, I was buzzing pretty heavy at the time with with with Trump music and everything that had going on. And then.
Speaker 2: Poop, you know, we had poo Bear in the studio whom I loved.
Speaker 1: Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday shouts at audibles too, Happy Birthday, shout out to Molly mal you know, wild Era Bear, j Dot Kawan, Prather, the whole, the whole Gang Park in Vegas House.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was before it was like on MTV and people really knew who Mall was. Like that was like peak, like mysterious random mansion in.
Speaker 1: The I love Mall the mam man that that that dude, he liked My mom came out like look, they became like super super Superman. He would fly my mom out and just get my like cart my mom around in a may box, you know what I mean, Like just like with a driver. Dinner with you, your mom and him at the Palms one time. Oh my god, that was Newport. That was my first big bill. That was my first big dinner bill. Mmm, and your name was it was It was like seven thousand dollars to feed your puckish. Remember it was the first time you had your name on the Palm sign up on the Marquee, which the Palms Market and it was Palms is that ship because there was like rain and there was the spot on the fucking roof and yeah, pump man, Me and me and Travis bark That was my highest paying show was me and Travis Barker New Year's at the Palms. I remember teen minutes hommy hunter k that's beautiful. You know what I'm saying. Let's go me and me and fucking there was one of clothing me and Travers was like, yup it fucking split that shit up and dip well. It was one of the clothing conventions that was in town. And that shit don't exist no more. The palms, not the money. The money is still there, trust me, no.
Speaker 3: But I remember me and you went to a Travis Sweet party and it was like, you know, they were just giving away tennis shoes and shit from whatever shoe company had. So I left with like, you know, at the time, I'm making like twenty five grand a year at that shitty Vegas radio station, So I'm like, how I can have some I'm walking down the fucking elevator with like twelve pairs of shoes to try to fucking sell.
Speaker 1: It, and like all this Famous stars and strap shit, and I'm like, cool, this shit's going on. You know, I have my own shoe on Famous I think I recall that. Yeah, designed it. I drew that motherfucker on paper in the back of the bus. And so there was an opportunity to extend the deal with Famous. So I was like, man, well, I'm down to I'm down to do another run. But can I have my own like like kind of a sub line, which I was like, we'll call it Country Fresh. And then I want a shoe deal? Can I get a shoe? I always wanted a shoe, So I designed this shoe a red shoe. I remember him, you remember I remember they were higher, right, they were like a chuck a boot, Yeah, yeah, but they had their friends around the back. I remember him. I remember him man almost like a ghost face wallaby if you will, ish kind of a wallaby, a little bit of advanced chuck a boot kind of a wallaby and moccasin blend. Yes, hard ass toe box. By the way, like the silhouette on this shoe is so sick. And I'm not sure, but I want to say that whoever was running famous at the time got fired for that shoe because they made too many. They got, they got, they got too stoked on it and made too many shoes. And but that shoe, it was a unique shoe. Bro Listen, it got ripped. Van's got a hold of that design. Louis Watan got a hold of that design. That's crazy. Diamond up, Nick Diamond Diamond got got a hold of a little piece of there was like that that friends off the back of that shoe.
Speaker 2: It went crazy.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 3: Getting back to the first album, do you feel like a record Like's If You were to Move? I feel like a record like Let's Roll at that time? Was at the time you were getting pushed at urban and rhythmic radio, which was like hip hop radio, and it's kind of a It was just a hard sell to close minded program directors at that time.
Speaker 2: Always art, I'm never not hard, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If you move forward, like I feel like a lot of that ship like that, to me is a record that's like nowadays, the genre is ship like really goes. It's almost like you know, like I feel like you're almost like you were ahead of your you kind of fucking ran through bullets so people could walk safely at night. When it comes to a lot of this ship, you know what I mean, I mean, and then I app say that a lot of guys will give you that credit.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, thank you, thank you. You know, I'll take the flowers, you know, like I know, you know, I like if you know, you know, but you know, it's like, you know, walking that line took a lot of fucking like I had to make like boss decisions at a young artist age, like not not age and not age specifically, I just mean like I'm a new artist, but I gotta make boss decisions. One of those decisions was we were in Harlem to shoot, let's roll the whole out. The whole video was shot in Harlem with DJ Coolhirk, me, Bob and HERK and a Cadillac around around Harlem. By the way, there's an argument going on of not not an argument, but a discussion. There's a discussion going on. Cool Heirk told me that, you know, he created hip hop and and in in this particular neighborhood. He you know, he brought the tables Cedric Conceder, right, is this is the and then the other the other And he told me the whole story. I'm not going to go into depth about it, you know whatever, but it made a lot of sense to me, Like you know, the break beats and the MC's and how he's credited as the guy who kind of kicked the ship off kind of No, he's credited as the guy like he's the guy, he's the inventor of hip hop.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then Africa ben Bata, right, so there's thing going down, you know, but Bob and there's a lot of things going down with Africa. The whole time that we're recording this video, Bob and and HERK are just going Bob is kid rock. By the way, I just called him, I feel worried about calling m kid rock every time kid rock, kid Rock, kid Rock.
Speaker 2: He said, Bob, it's Bob, It's Bobby.
Speaker 1: So they're going back and forth, you know, with this story, and I'm just soaking it up, man, you know what I mean. We're rolling through Harlem and shit, and it was beautiful. But at the end of the edit I saw it and I was like, Bro, I'm from Alabama. My first single cannot be shot in Harlem.
Speaker 2: It can't.
Speaker 1: I need to shoot the rest of this in Alabama. Somehow, no budget, none, zero label says no. I call the director. This is what I'm saying about making boss decisions. I called the director. I said, I'll pay you everything that I have, please come to Alabama. And I did my fucking money, and I did not have a lot of money. I spent every three shoot. I think it cost me like sixty grand and I may have had like maybe seventy thousand dollars in the bank. And I took like that sixty and put it direc directly in his pocket. And so let's shoot the rest of the ship in Alabama. And thank God, because like Bro, that was the part that that guided the country rap shit that.
Speaker 3: Was that was to follow, and I think that had a lot to do with I don't know if you still their part well, I mean obviously being being because it was. Wasn't it Alabama's theme song for one of their their championship runs or something? I remember seeing it on ESPN.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a real funny story about that ship, roll Tide. Tell you a real funny story about that motherfucking shit. All right, shout to Rollie Willie. Now it's roll tiede to the grip because you know, it's a birthright when you're from Alabama.
Speaker 2: It's just some shit that you're just born with, you know what I mean? Like, come on, look, it's.
Speaker 1: Roll Tide, sign hearted Dixie, Alabama. It's getting it so recipes Tommy Mitchell, Barbara Mitchell, Barbara Jean so so like, yeah, you we had we had this whole like there was an importance to that song.
Speaker 2: Let's roll roll.
Speaker 1: Tide, duh, duh, right, match made in heaven. Like but even when I wrote it, I didn't think about that, you know what I'm saying. But I was like, oh, yeah, let's fucking let's go out and fucking support the Crimson Tide at what is it the Iron Bow Iron Bowl with Auburn. Yeah, so they're in Tuscaloosa for the Iron Bowl and we're gonna go work. Let's roll at the Arn Bowl and I pull up, pull up to the Ron Bowl and there's a dude, I'm not shipping you hanging out of a truck can with a with a like the fucking what are the megaphone? Megaphone hanging out the truck the side of a truck like a like a like a U Haul truck, literally a U Haul truck. You're the wolf is in the building outside by the way, we're outside, you're the wolf is in the building. You're the and like they have let's roll posters about on the truck size about the size of this big Lebowski poster.
Speaker 2: Taped in multiple across.
Speaker 1: Do you wow? Innerscope had given this promotional company.
Speaker 2: Money to promote me. They plastered my poster on the side of this U haul truck.
Speaker 1: How much they truck and walked around how much hold up and walked around I'll get to that, and walked and drove around yelling that shit out. But first of all, when I saw that the car wasn't even stopping. My manager goes, I say, Yo, what what the And I fucking I jump out of the car. Where are still rolling? And Jaya goes, no, no, no, please please, no no, no, no no no, I'm fucking I'm yanking all the posters off a fucking fucking take the dude's fucking megaphone out of his fucking hand, like, fucking throw that shit on the ground, get the fuck out of here. So they had, so they probably took about fifteen hundred dollars to pay that guy to do that, and then and took the other twenty grand, Yeah, and paid for a frat party keg party. Well just for people who don't know bow. If that's how that works, well, if you're an up and coming artist, the number one way that people inside of the buildings steal money from artists budgets is the street team budget. Yeah, it's all bullshit.
Speaker 3: It's a bullshit like if you if there's still there's still labels right now that when an album drops, it's in people's deals that fifty k is allocated for street team marketing. To this day, I'm talking about major labels, and I know people in those buildings that split that money between themselves.
Speaker 1: They'll take all your fucking posters and throw them in the dumpster and say, yeah, say I ran the streets. What you have to do is you got to have someone that you like. When we did our ship, we what's a fucking phone call right there? And I might a sure take that not going to fuck fuck it? So oh man, God, that just threw me off of what uh okay? So yeah, So I used to work for a marketing company when I was a kid. I so in in in New York and two thousand. I worked for a company called Guerrilla Marketing, and I did a lot of hip hop albums during that time. One of them was Autobionics for De La Soul. So I would go around the streets wearing a space suit in New York City, like a full on space like a space suit dog. And I painted this big like god, I don't know where that that painting, man, if someone could find that, holy shit I painted. I painted their album cover on a piece of canvas and and I would walk around the city, you know, with this suit the sign. My other job was to take posters and stickers and put them up in all these record stores. Now, I did that because I honored day La Soul, you know, and I also honored the job of promotion. I understood it, you know, and I was loyal. Some of the mother motherfuckers, though, they would take like a bag of like day La Soul's posters literally on the street, literally and then go get pizza, do whatever the fuck they wanted to do. You know, you're working from from from noon to to seven or eight at night, and they would just clock out at eight, and we're like, yeah, I handled that so.
Speaker 3: That that it's worse nowadays, that kind of shit don't even exist anymore. The money is just invisible. It's like where to go.
Speaker 1: Shit. We don't fuck around though, man, my my, my boys are from the streets and have done I'm not talking about crime.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about street shit.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about street art, street ship, you know, street promotion, like gorilla shit. So when we do shiit, we you know, we're on point with it, and like you ain't. You ain't slipping up, man, We're tapping in. We know the tricks, so you ain't pulling that pulling that shit over here.
Speaker 3: You talked about having that job, wasn't there like a year in which you were doing like deep ice fishing.
Speaker 1: Oh you want to hear something crazy on a boat somewhere just before we go there, when I was.
Speaker 2: In front of t R L in a fucking spacesuit.
Speaker 1: It's an era. My wife that I would meet years later was in Fife. Yes, Fife Dobson was in my ex wife. But she's you, guys are it's very coolsher.
Speaker 2: I love Fefe.
Speaker 1: I love her to death.
Speaker 3: I'd like to point out Tennessee Life, one of the most fucking emotionally amazing love songs ever my wife.
Speaker 1: I played it my wedding. Yeah, I played this song on my wedding.
Speaker 3: It was one of the songs it was like, it was like one of the ten songs that I needed to play before we came out.
Speaker 1: I should have played it at my wedding. Fucking should have fucking wrapped that ship to her face. Maybe my marriage would have turned out better. No, nah nah, I love Fife to death. She's amazing, Like seriously, all time great Canadian listen, all time, great artists, all time, great human all time, like the first of her kind in so many ways, like artistically just untouched, like just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So love you Fife.
Speaker 3: If you watch him, she saw me the highest night of my life. I tell the story all the time. It is the first time I ever really talked to a Fifi. You and Ritz were on tour and I ate a whole weed brownie that I shouldn't ate, and that shit hit me like a fucking.
Speaker 4: Ton of bricks. Dude.
Speaker 1: You know the first song that we did that how Fifi and I like hit it off? Animal produced by Diplo Crazy on Radioactive and she featured on that record, and we hung out and and I didn't realize Diplo made that beat. Cannot confirm or deny whether Diplo actually made that beat, but let's just say he did. Okay, Nah, Diplo is a for goddamn man, dude, Like, I'm sure he did make the beat, but sometimes he just produces and he don't touch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking get get it.
Speaker 1: How you live. I'm not mad. He like our friend Molly More produce. Yes, Producing doesn't mean okay, this is for real, for real, this is for real. Producing does not mean that you touch any instrument. Sometimes producing is producing the room, producing an artist, facilitating relationships, knowing who and who needs to work with one another, and that is indeed literally producing. And a lot of the fuckers who think their producers are just making loops. So like, don't call yourself a producer if you're making a loop and you email it to somebody and they then turn that into a hit record because they are the people who are producing the song. You just made a loop.
Speaker 2: Facts and yeah, for real, loop it.
Speaker 1: Just call yourself a looper. You're a looper? What was that movie? Wasn't that? Wasn't there a Bruce Willis movie with that was called Looper? It was a Bruce Looper. That's a good producer name. No tell me about the time though, because you were you were like a fisherman right for a little bit. Was this in I was insane man night eighteen nineteen Seattle. I was out of my goddamn gord. Yeah, dude, I fucking jumped on the ground bus five five days up across. Oh my god, bro, I was I wasn't gadzed and acting a fool, like really really really down bad like you've seen on the flow. Of course, that was my life, man. That that that if you if you could, that's the easiest way to describe with somebody the kind of environment that I was in, you know, down to the box chevy. I'm not going to go into details for about things that were going down, but I would just say that it was fucking it was going down.
Speaker 2: So I jumped.
Speaker 1: I jumped on the I jumped on the greyhound bus with the thought of getting twenty grand in the season. Somebody, somebody like in Aniston, Alabama, was like.
Speaker 2: Yo, man, you can get twenty thousand dollars in one month.
Speaker 1: I was like, twenty thousand dollars, I mean one month for what for fishing? Fuck that shit. I'm going to Seattle. Let's see what's up with this shit. So I scratched up a little bit of change, got on a greyhound bus. Right, had my cousin take me to a greyhound bus at like midnight in Dothan. There were two buses and they both said Washington's keV. You can't make this shuit up. One was DC.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The bus I got on was going to UH to UH to Washington. So I get on the bus and fall asleep like a rock. Wake up in Atlanta, Georgia, and I'm like it's the wrong direction. Yes, and I'm like, fuck man, like I was, just like, I just told my boy Snake, who was who was traveling with me at the time, because I had befriended him. I was like, Snake, you come with me, Let's go get this bread. So he's with me, and I was like, dude, just don't get off the bus. If we just act like we're asleep, just don't get off the bus. So we did, and we waited all the way up to Chicago, where they made us get off the bus and I talked to that I talked to the managers and we got on the wrong bus. He said, in Alabama, how the fuck did you figure out you was going the wrong way by the time you made it to Chicago. I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, I fucking hustled him.
Speaker 1: This dude was so cool. He gave me and Snake tickets to get all the way to fucking Seattle, but we went across the north So in short, we were on that bus for five days. I was about to say, you saw the whole country by the time we got to Chicago. Broke zero money, but we got.
Speaker 3: If that dude didn't give you a break on them tickets, you guys, have it fucked not me full, I'm a I would have figured it out absolutely.
Speaker 2: I was going to Seattle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we figure it out. I promise you I'm going there, so you know I had that determination. So we're broke, right, no, no, no money. So we leave Chicago absolutely no money. Now greyhound makes a stop at gas stations for the for the patrons or the shop what do you call them? Oh, listen, passengers. The first time it was a little sketchy. You're like burrito, you know what I'm saying, Like you fucking like you know, you're kind of racking up a little bit. You get on the bus and kind of munching down. Second time you're like barrito. Third time you're like, fuck this, Shove me a two liter, give me a hat, some fucking jewelry. But by the top, dude, by the time we got to fucking Seattle, man, like, it got so stupid easy.
Speaker 2: So we ate all the way there. But when I landed in.
Speaker 1: Seattle New Year's night, two thousand, snowing, greyhound closes nowhere to go on the streets, like sleeping under a church.
Speaker 2: People, and my home boys state was like fucking why two k almost.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, okat my grandma, give me a ticket home?
Speaker 2: I said, what this fool left me? Left me by one day?
Speaker 1: Five days was a day trip, but after being in Seattle, we was less less than twenty four hours. He was headed back home to Alabama. I can't do this, I was like, bet I'm staying so I fucking like stay by myself on the streets for a while and like homeless life. Oh yeah, where would you sleep anywhere? I could or not sleep at all? Sometimes I feel like Seattle right now it would be a good place to be homeless right now. I don't know, dude. It's terrible. It's terrible. It's the worst. Whether it's the worst, it's the worst place to be homeless. Heard, it's lit out there, like they got lit. They got the fucking the little area that there's like that's what they called it these days.
Speaker 2: That's what the kids are calling.
Speaker 1: Very sad, fucking where you're gonna get your next No, No, they got an area there's like no laws. It's like it's it's supposed to be kind of like it's like Hamsterdam from the Wire. Did you say Hamsterdam? Did you ever watch the Wire?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I never got into it, okay, great shows. Not to disappoint anyone. I've never I know.
Speaker 2: People love the Wire, people fucking love fucking.
Speaker 1: I've heard.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch The Wire. I didn't watch a fucking.
Speaker 1: Breaking bad No, really little bit of it. I get bored.
Speaker 2: I get bored. I get watch, but no, get bored.
Speaker 1: I gotta go. Which show was?
Speaker 2: Uh, I've never watched a season of anything until It's gone?
Speaker 5: Was on?
Speaker 1: What show?
Speaker 2: Sons of Anarchy?
Speaker 1: That's it? Great show? Never see like I saw the episode? Never seen it. You didn't see the episode your song played it? Not a single episode of Sons of Anarchy have I ever seen? I'm sure it is. Well, you end up going being homeless in Seattle to being on a boat. So so I'm on the streets and then I started doing like day to days, you know, I mean, like I had that hustle from Gadston, Like you could go up, like you could pull up at four in the morning to like a work for hire spot it's called work for yeah, and they'll give you something to do for the day, whatever it is, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, and you get a check at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: You go cash a check, check cash and spot I had that hustle in my back pocket, so I knew I could do that. So I started doing that to pay for mine. Well, at first it was a hostel. You know, I shared bathroom. My publicist is promoting right now.
Speaker 2: This is what he does, songs, that's what he does, fucking DJing.
Speaker 1: Over there the work. So no, no, no, So I'm doing uh, you know, day to day to first play, pay for a hostel, be friend of some other kids, my homeboy Lafayette rest in Peace, who came out and he was out there randomly too, based on the same like dream of that I found him randomly. So we just collected our bread from these day to day jobs and like would get like a room, two beds, but there'll be like seven of us in like a little motel or whatever. And then after work every day was the hustles, go to the docks, knock on doors, you know, they go knock on a voat. So I did that up until the point where should I incriminate myself right now? I mean it's past the statue limitations, is it? Yeah? For sure?
Speaker 3: Was that twenty years ago, twenty five years ago? It's a ten year thing. I mean, you didn't murder somebody.
Speaker 1: No, He's like, I can't.
Speaker 2: No, No, I didn't stole a boat, not for real, but okay, so this is interesting.
Speaker 1: So one of my hustles as a kid was like, if I was hungry, I would, like, you know, I would call the pizza man or whatever, and then they would pull up and then it was just curtains. Like I would just take everything, you know, the food and everything you know, and I would just say, like, you know whatever, like I used to mask up when I was really young, give me, give me, give me the fucking tip.
Speaker 2: I've never heard a person in my life, but like it's.
Speaker 1: Just said, extra cheese, motherfucker. I think stealing food is honorable. It is honorable. Sometimes you got to steal food like Aladdin in the Disney movie.
Speaker 2: So everybody's hungry, and my hotel.
Speaker 1: I still still gum every once in a while, just to see if I still got it.
Speaker 2: I don't steal nothing anymore, every boy.
Speaker 1: If I'm in a liquor store, well not a liquor store, it's a big chain gas station and the line's crazy, and I got one pack of gum, I just I just might throw it in my pack.
Speaker 2: Well, yo, I'm out in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, like the whole fucking crew is hungry, like all seven people that are staying this little room is hungry. And I'm like, I got it, don't worry, you know. And so I called. I called the pizza dude. He pulls up and I'm like, man, this is like bold as fuck. I'm so over it. I'm like, just give me the pizza man, like just you know what I mean. I lied to him. I said, there's people in the bushes over here and there they like, trust me, you don't want it, you know. So I like seven pizzas and shit walked in there.
Speaker 2: It was life of the party.
Speaker 1: So the next day, next day, my dumb man, I walk outside in the same clothes. Now that pizza man obviously went back and called the cops. Right, so cop rolls by, Like it's in Seattle. They have these like crazy like the interstates that they have these big dividers. But it's weird because there's no it's like a pull off into a gas station. There's no like exit. It's like so but they're like one ways, you know what I mean, one way, this one, like three lanes, this way, three lanes this way, split up, split by dividers. This cop rolls by and there's two people in his car, and he's like and fucking spotlights me as he's rolling by, and I'm like, this was like two in the afternoon, and I'm like, oh, I knew exactly, and I was in trouble.
Speaker 2: So I fucking run.
Speaker 1: He goes up and I see him making a right term, but I know that he has no chance to get across to the divider. The divider's too far. Did you play Frogger? Yes?
Speaker 2: I played Frogger real life Frogger nice and I won.
Speaker 1: I won it. It was not easy. Almost splat, almost splat. Uh So so I run across the media and jump the median like went to a like a bus stop. Took off my hat I had like a beanie on, took off my hat, my hair I had long hair like past my waist. Took off my hat, my hair found out and passed my wais, took off my jacket, threw it in the bushes, and I just sat there. I just sit there at the bus stop, and that cop rolled right past, didn't didn't put and two together, recognized me because I had long ass hair, and I wasn't wearing the same ass jacket and all that ship.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I took it so.
Speaker 1: Long the longer. The short is. I got on the greyhound bus that day and went to the docks and UH got hired immediately. As a matter of fact, they.
Speaker 2: Were like, do you got anybody else? I was like, we need to the whole room of people.
Speaker 1: We got seven. They're like, bring them. Did you guys make twenty grand?
Speaker 2: No, it was a piece of ship. It was a piece of ship.
Speaker 1: The boat that we got on was left by a Russian UH, a group of Russian fishermen that lost all their money and they left it in Seattle. It got bought by this It was a jump boat. We built the motherfucker on the way out. Imagine me with a welder, did no building this ship? Like you get this welder and weld that ship like fucking like out there, like like like like making the factory on the way to SI while it's going to see like dumping tons of rotten fish out of the bow and.
Speaker 2: And trash.
Speaker 1: Captain did that, by the way, that's a fucking ask. No, he made us. We fucking so what kind of were you guys, just any type of fish?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 1: Like fucking codfish mostly, and then like somehow a bit a lot of illegal ship too, because he was a piece of ship. What's in the ocean. You can't fish on the season, like so if you like you can't go out there and like you're dragging a net across the bearing seas, are you gonna get everything? Did you guys get it? Like any dolphins? Dude, like dolphins, fucking octopuss likes. Oh, the eels are fucked up, brodude, the halibits are fucked up. That there was a halibu that got on the boat. And you know, we're fucking young fools, so we're like wrestling this halibit. We're like fucking having challenge and it's fucking this motherfucker jumped on the back of his halibet and broke it. Broke his arm, broke his arm, It pinned him against one of the fucking cleaning things, and like you had to get helicoptered all ship. Speaking of fishing, that whole that whole thing is you know what I want to do, and you you have to tell us where to do it at So me and that Mexicano t we went boar hunting in Texas out of a fucking helicopter with machine guns.
Speaker 3: It was pretty gnarly. The next thing we want to do and it's can we get some liquor? It's inspired liquor, liquor extra quicker. It's inspired by what I saw you doing with uh was his name, Rambo, your boys mboy, the guy with the pet fucking possum.
Speaker 1: But you guys were noodling.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, you don't want no parts of that.
Speaker 1: It's not fun because we're thinking like we're like, yo, we gotta do another YouTube video where we go where we go fishing or something. And I was like, dude, I remember yellow If used to noodle and he would fucking get on his fucking knees and you'd grab the catfish out of the mud. You know what I realized, man, about myself is that, you know, a lot of that ship is just like yeah, I'll do it because I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: The other part is.
Speaker 1: I'm too boogie for that ship. I don't want to fucking do that ship. Like dude, Like dude, i'd do like one thing, you know, and like I'm like, man, motherfucker, I'll buy my attacks of durmy, I ain't gonna go sit in the woods in the fucking in the cold, and and like you know, there's a there's this whole thing in country, in the South, in particularly, they always want to tap in on how country you are, how you wait country.
Speaker 2: You don't do this, you don't do that.
Speaker 1: Liken't fucking don't test me, mother. I get out there and get bucked with yours, trust me, But I don't like it. I'm cool. You've also gotten to the point in life where you know you're like, hey, I've done it, thank you. I didn't make noodling a habit. Look, okay, imagine this all right, And to some people this is okay. People don't know. Noodling is catching catfish by you're going to describe it, okay, Noodling is when you let's just say, I don't know if anyone who's watching has ever seen like a boat dock. It's like a met It's like a concrete boat dock that goes into a river or a lake. Right, you've seen them. They they they that's how they get their boats into the water. You back your truck hand or whatever. Right, so they're all over the rivers and ship. So up underneath that this is just one place to noodle. There's a lot of place of noodles. But where I was taken was a boat dock or a boat ramp, boat ramp, boat ramp, My bad. So up under that boat ramp there's a gap, you know what I'm saying, where like the water and the mud and the tide and the fucking current has has built a gap. And catfish like to go and bed down in places they can hide, right, and if anything comes in that particular space, they eat it, you know, like they just like It's like it's like you imagine going into a cave and you're like, oh, you just ate up, you know, Like that's how they do it, you know. But so you use your hands as a bait. Okay, it's just your hand is just interference to its space. It's not hungry for your hand. It's just like, get the fuck out of what the fucker what is this? The thing is is to bite your hand. You pull it out, right, Okay. So Cambo is like fucking put your fucking hand in there and fucking pull him out. He'll go under water and he comes back and goes like I got one.
Speaker 2: There's one in there, and I'm like, dog for real.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, there's one in there. It's big too, get out in there. And I'm like, fuck, I'm already committed. There's cameras browling this ship. I'm like, fuck. Fuck.
Speaker 2: So I go up under the water and stick.
Speaker 1: My hand down in that hole and I feel this slimy bastard's fucking I'm like, ah, I goes. I can't do it, can't do it, can't do it. It's crazy. He's like, nah, just fucking do it. I fucking did it, man. I fucking got down in there. Let him. The sensation of an animal biting you, biting you on the hand is not a good talk. Fuck, take me to the camper, give me my fucking saint lawns. I'm fucking out of here.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: Let me know when it's give me my cowboy boots played when it's called nice clean truck. I ain't trying to take my ship, Motherbo out of here. I just that was a real moment for me.
Speaker 2: I've did a lot with Cambo, though, anything Cambo.
Speaker 1: Would do, I would do, such a sick following ig walk walk a swamp with him, do anything he wanted to do because I'm about it. I'm about it. If I ain't gonna fucking like didn't try to get him a TV show or wasn't there TV show being worked.
Speaker 2: On, I gave him a TV show.
Speaker 1: I got him two million dollars bro crazy, I'm two million dollars, two million dollar budget under.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did it.
Speaker 1: It's a thing.
Speaker 2: He was making like five bands of show.
Speaker 1: He spent it all on guns and truck parts. Went Bro love you, Cambo Truth, truth, dark Truth, what a truth Dart? Truth Dart. We call him. Hit you with the truth. He knows it. He don't give a fuck. I love him. He knows what he did. I was gonna ask you. He built like a shack on the river with fucking like old cabin wood and built the fire. Dude.
Speaker 2: These fools were like he was so crazy, man.
Speaker 1: This fool was like he was like, oh man, watch this, and fucking like he would let people like shoot guns off his head with like a twenty two Like I don't remember following him, and I'd be uneasy with some of the shit. He was like shoot beer cans off of each other's heads with like twenty two's and shit, no that's missed.
Speaker 2: That boy was about it, about it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like Ben here, Ben Trull's.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because I feel like, you know, like you said, you're not like super paying attention to every single thing that goes on into.
Speaker 2: Not even super barely barely right, No.
Speaker 3: But I do wonder, like, you know, I feel like when you first came out, it felt like there was this scramble to be like the the white rapper right as opposed to like just being another rapper, because at that time it was like Eminem and then whoever was next, and then it was like at the time, it felt like there's only room. It's almost like the female rapper thing that happened for a while when Nikki had the crown for so long, and now there's this female But nowadays it feels like the white rapper thing has finally kind of went away in terms of like if someone's dope, they're just.
Speaker 1: Dope, like like have you noticed that? And then also on the other end of it, there's this like really dark, like weird sub genre of like white boy. Well, I just I just want to speak on female rappers for a second. Hold up, Bahamadia was amazing, Lady Bug from Diggable Planets, uh Rodga, Lady of Rage. Thanks, Gangsta boob rest in Peace, Yes, thank you so much, and fucking like Lauren Hill, Queen Latifa, Yes, thank you. Like I'm not sure Foxy Brown course, yeah, do we say that, Brad, We said it's right, right yeh boss.
Speaker 4: Ooh.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck, not a single fuck, not a single solitary fuck, remember that shit? Dude? Come on? Uh so, like I I'm not sure where like the culture forgot, but you know, uhr Jazzy Joyce, DJ Jazzy Joyce, you know what I mean, Like, come on, man, like they've they've.
Speaker 2: Always been present and I don't know.
Speaker 3: There was that era which was amazing, but I feel like I feel like in like the twenty tens, it felt like there was It was a little harder if you weren't Nikki to have a spot. But nowadays women run hip hop like like, I don't know how much you pay attention, but now the biggest records are all women artists and there's not like, oh, she's the chick of the crew or she's the chick. Uh you know, yeah, we gotta sign a girl. Like you know, back in the day, every crew have like a female, the first lady of whatever label you had. Now days it's like all of the women in hip hop are literally.
Speaker 1: Oh and also, I say, Blondie, you want to talk about first white rappers? Blondie the Rapture, Yeah, the Rapture, Yeah, come on, if you really want to go there, you know what I mean. Like so like I mean like like it's just like the the press. I don't it's hard for me to digest, like ignoring the presence that's always been there and then saying, oh, now it's this, now it's that. So like what as far as white rappers go, I was just raised on like real shit, you know what I mean. And for the brief time that I was a kid, and I was a fan of Vanilla Ice, right, and then I saw him get called out and then third base called him out and then and then all of a sudden, exactly search so and so I was like, oh fuck, I kind of I caught the okie doke on that one, you know what I mean. I kind of got like played, you know what I mean. Then he got on our senior hall and it was a real rap for me, you know what I mean. And but I had like white rappers around my neighborhood, like Eric mcinally the South Side hustler, you know that at the time, was like a real dope boy, a real street guy, you know what I'm saying, that had like real records on the streets, a white boy. But you know, in Antioch at that particular time, it was like there was a lot of that shit going on. You know, that white boy's rolling around my neighborhood with gold teeth and corn rolls that didn't give a fuck about being a rapper, right There wasn't about hip hop. It was just about what they did and who they were, and so they would tap in and so you really had to check out, you know, like when you're coming around a neighborhood that listened to fucking eight ball, MJG three six, Mafia, Suave House, you know, like that's kind of that runs the gamut, you know around the Tennessee Sound at the time. Uh, you really had to tap in and and and there was no one really doing it, you know. So when I was around again, like hustling flow, you know, you know, you talk about nineteen ninety seven at the Atrium, me pulling up you know, to see through six Mafia and Mystic may be crazy. It was fucking crazy. But let me tell you white boys nowhere nowhere like I, you know what I mean, Like I didn't see ninety, I didn't see any you know, not that I was looking, but it's noticeable, like okay, whatever, But you know it's like but and whom I came with, you know, or my family, you know what I mean, people that I grew up in my neighborhood with.
Speaker 2: So I was kind of cut from a different crop, you know.
Speaker 1: I started with my verses in the streets, like you know, like in the projects, like really out of box chevyes, like pulling up to like like like lodges, you know what I mean, like like like the Elks Lodge two thirty one, you know, like that type ship like and like not rap battling per se, but but just circle, like a circle of rappers, you know, back in the day, fucking like when I was coming up you and fucking you know, dis somebody you get slapped up, you know what I mean, Like just wrap your ship, you know, don't well you don't diss me, you know, like just tell your tell your thing, and it was move on. It was Cadillac shit, you know yeah, like like recipes like Pimpseason, like these country rap tunes, you know, so get in there, you know what I mean. So that's kind of the world that I grew up in. And so I was raised, you know, like come on man, like you know, having to go to Bankhead and Bankhead, Georgia and Bessemer Birmingham, Alabama, like popping the trunk on the Chevy and selling selling tapes out of my out of my box Chevy at the gas station and Bessemer like dolo, you know, just so the white boy thing was of course I was aware, but at the same time, like I felt, I always felt.
Speaker 2: I felt uh worthy, I felt worthy.
Speaker 1: I mean, you were a hip hop for real, yeah, respectfully. Yeah, yeah, you know, because I had already dug dug down in the graffiti scene, the b boys scene, the skateboarding scene. You know, this is me like as a kid, like doing the like the promotion for the Daylight Soul, and now I had had bumped down, back down it back down to Alabama after kicking it in Harlem with Pete Rock, you know, and and and like I had all this, all these things going on in the hip hop world that I carried back into Alabama because and you're.
Speaker 3: Doing and you're and you and you're I mean, the thing is is like rac aside, like if you're gonna move with integrity and like high artistic value in this game, like you know, that's why you've had the longevity you've had, Like you know, it's it's it feels like a lot of the ship that I'll see nowadays in like this weird like sub genre like underbelly of like what you would call white hip hop is like just weird.
Speaker 1: Short term pandem Is it even a thing?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: It's a thang, bro, It's a thang for sure. White hip hop is a thing that the fucking the like there's like a little like weird little fucking pocket bro where motherfucker's is like is it like it has it been?
Speaker 2: Like has it has it?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: So there's a whay do I fall in that in your opinion? If you could say, like, oh.
Speaker 1: I think you're I think I think that you're perceived to be like bigger than that whole, like an artist, an actual art fucking like yeah, like a real artist. Yeah, so I think that's why you know, that's tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I mean, lookten, dude, at the end of the day, like there there's you know, I think longevity is the key.
Speaker 1: You know, You've you've had twenty five years.
Speaker 3: If you go back to when you were on that fucking TV show, when you were contestant on that TV show, was hear me.
Speaker 2: Shock the world right now?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? I'm not really white? What are your native? Yeah, I'm part Native American, Blackfoot, and Cherokee. I'm not a full blooded white boy. The reason why I took on the whiteboard, Moniker, is because I was called a white boy. That's it. And if I'm called that and you want me to be that, then I'm gonna use it to my strength. I'm not a fucking Caucasian from the Caucasus mountains with not from fucking Norway, dog like like I grew up in the gutter of Alabama, you know, part Native American, you know, And that's what yellow Wolf is. Idiot, Like, come on, you couldn't see past that. You think I got red tattooed on my neck because I'm a red neck. I got red tattooed on my neck because that's what you said. It was ironic. It was ironic tattoo. Yeah, that's what you said. That's the If you put that stereotype on me, then I'm gonna run with it. And you know, but you know I but then it became affectionate, like oh, white boy, white boy, white boy, white boy. I fuck it. I used to get pissed. When I was a kid, was like fifteen, sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: It was fight music.
Speaker 1: If you said that to me, well, I feel like you carried like a boulder.
Speaker 3: On your shoulder against all the other white rappers for like at least a few years when you first came out, Well, it just became like if you like, if like And then Mac Miller happened, and Mac Miller was like, this is Mac Miller.
Speaker 1: He's like the coolest dude ever. Like, we love Mac. Mac was the best. Mac is the best dude. I'm rest in peace, man. I just took this down, and I gotta hate it somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I love Max so much.
Speaker 1: When Mac passed, dude, I was so hurt from that that I gave away everything I owned. That's a true story. Wait wait, explain. I gave away every article of clothing that I owned when Mac when Mac passed the next day, just because I felt like I needed to do something nice, like.
Speaker 2: Dude, that kid.
Speaker 1: I mean, no one really knew how cool he and I really were because we didn't do music, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But like that kid was like.
Speaker 1: When we first kicked it, he it was the cipher. It wasn't even a cipher. It was like a freestyle for the Double Excel cover, right, so like everybody did, everybody had their verse, right yeah, and Mac, dude, he might have been god nineteen.
Speaker 2: I mean he was young a kid.
Speaker 1: He was a kid for real.
Speaker 9: And I pulled a cigarette out and like we were chilling his lip. He's like, oh, that's what we're doing, you know. He pulled a cigarette and he bucking lit a cigarette up. Oh like and it was like a very like a like affectionate kind of like like almost an instant big brother role, you know what I mean, Like all right, dude, like let's go.
Speaker 1: You know, I see you, you know. And he went on to make incredible music, obviously amazing time music, and uh, like we've done tours together, dude, shows like fucking I've done shows with Mac and the Swiss Alps bro like like we were. That was my homie. Man.
Speaker 2: So anyway, when he passed.
Speaker 1: And I had just text him like weeks before, just tapping in, you know what I mean, And when he passed, I was like, Man, I'm just I just need to I need to purge, you know what I mean, Like I've got too much. You know, I've got too much. I have too many things, like I didn't feel worthy of. Sometimes having too much shit can bog you down mentally, too nah for real. So I just took all my ship and put it on hangers and set it outside my store and I told everybody I put it on Instagram, come get it. You come get an outfit, you know, like jewelry, hats, shoes, clothes, everything I gave away, like man, I don't know like one hundred thousand dollars worth of fucking fashion, just dumped it all and started over, started my my collection.
Speaker 3: Over Rest in Peace, Man, Rest in peace to Mac. Before we wrap, I want to go through a couple of quick hits. One would be uh one Train, which is one of the most probably the last great hip hop posse cut.
Speaker 1: We've gotten you murdered it obviously, what was when you got it? Did you know who was on it? No, here's the beat. Do what you do? So ASA sent me the track like per Rocky, Yeah, send me the track personally.
Speaker 2: Through a text, and uh.
Speaker 1: So I jumped on it like of course, like whatever, like we you know, and look, I don't do features because I I think there's some kind of win or some kind of that's that's never the thing. I really have to like the track. I like the track one two. It was my boy, you know, we we had been through Europe and doing shows together and ship like that, and so yeah, I hopped on it. I had no clue what he had planned or what was in his back pocket. Now had I known, you would have a different raisier, like if I could size up. But I'm sure everyone thought that, you know what I mean. I'm sure every maybe he did that to everyone. He probably did, and which is genius. But when I heard everyone else's verse, I was like, ooh, the is going crazy. Who do you think if you remove yourself from the equation? Who had no?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I your favorite? Even with myself in the equation, Big Critt killed it, krit crit like come on, man, Like I was like Krik killed it period. I mean that's just my opinion. I mean, I love my verse. I think I snapped on majority and like, you know, I say that like in the sport of hip hop, you know, the competition between all MC's and shit, like, oh yeah, I got created on that one.
Speaker 2: But the truth is, like I really feel like he closed it properly.
Speaker 3: Segueing to the next thing, why did we never get country cousins between you and grit.
Speaker 1: And did it?
Speaker 4: Did it?
Speaker 1: Was there ever any songs recorded for that?
Speaker 2: Well at the height of like you know, just like at the height of.
Speaker 1: There are some like cultural and there's there's a cultural importance to a project like me and Krick coming together, right, you know, And I think that there there there's a time and a place for that. I don't make excuses about why we haven't done that project yet, and I can't predict when we might do that project because I won't put it off the books. I love crit I'm a huge, huge fan. Obviously, he was early early on and the crew, you know what I mean, like early early like Tree Sound, Tree Sound Atlanta early, and uh so I just let it happen, you know. But I think that there's like, I think that he and I both appreciate the importance of what that record means. It's not it's not just not just the collaboration. I think that there's some artistic cultural importance to that particular collaboration. Sure that means something, and I think it needs it needs. I mean because Krit was hearing trunk music was the same year. Yeah, because you could take it lightly. But the record we did, the record, the record we did do Happy Birthday hip Hop amazing as a statement record.
Speaker 3: How's your relationship these days with our psychopathic friend Ritz over there?
Speaker 1: I got his plaques over there, our psychopathic friend. I love Rich to the to the grit. Rich is my Rich is my dog. I mean, you know, hey, man, he's a maniac. Artists is going to be artists man like, and I'm a maniac too. I just have you eat your maniacs, by the way, in your own way, like my dad said. My dad said, everybody has their own brand of crazy, you know, and that's what's up. You know, Like I like my crazy. I feed it and take care of it, you know. Like I'm looking forward to like when Rich is like able to like I'm.
Speaker 2: Trying to get him to sing.
Speaker 1: keV No, he could sing. He can't sing, but it's come to Nashville and record a singer songwriter album with me. Please, I'm putting it on the record. I've told you that over the phone. Now I'm saying in the podcast. I've been trying to all the fans that are watching, Yo, I don't want to hear you rap no more. I want to hear some singing. BRIT's time singing, Buddy, time to sing with a little bit of rapping. And I want him to do like a He's a great singer, he is. He could sing his ass off. He's always been singing as he could play the guitar like a motherfucker too. By the way, Yeah, yeah, like crazy, let's let's go. Let's do a fucking secret songwriter album man like do something different, No, for.
Speaker 3: Sure, shout out to ritz Man Albums coming out in May. How many videos are in the can?
Speaker 1: Five? I already got five? Okay? Is that? Are you gonna keep shooting if it feels right or we'll see what like, We're gonna shoot five videos right and just from the from the pat just learning releases and ship like I want to like, I want to let the fans tell us, like, Hey, if this song goes fucking crazy takes off, shoot a video to this, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just let us know, Like, let us know what you want to see.
Speaker 1: We've picked our personal faves and what we thought led led you into a war story the best way. But after that, I really do want to listen and and basically like kind of take a poll, you know, like what do you want to see next? Because I've fucked up so many times by not shooting videos to songs that I should have. Catfish Billy, Oh such a good Hey, Tennessee love no video. You know, it's funny. There's a lot of classics with no Videofish Billy.
Speaker 3: I just think of like this fucking boat floating with all your belongings in like a dark like I think of like a fucking lantern, you know what I mean. Like that's probably the best mash pit song. Fucking dude, that song makes me want to fuck motherfucker's up.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 3: That's like my workout joint, bro. Like Halffish Billy. And when you perform that shit live violence.
Speaker 1: Dude, fucking sick Yes, Savagery Savagery tour coming unless uh nah, listen, man, maybe.
Speaker 2: Got clever back. Oh Doodle is back?
Speaker 1: All right? I did on the fucking new record is crazy, dude, when I let are you pressed for time? No?
Speaker 3: I mean no ever find we can keep going. Fuck off that Mexican Ot might walk in here, But that's fine.
Speaker 2: Mexican Ot is coming. That's my dog, man.
Speaker 1: What's up? I'm you guys, dude. I fucking love that guy. He told me to keep you late. He was like, if I'm on a four, make sure he stays. I want to say hi to him. Man, I'm not leaving, good, good, I'm not leaving.
Speaker 2: I have to meet this guy in person. I'm fucking I'm a huge fan of.
Speaker 1: To meet him. Okay, so we got time, go ahead. So I'm so psyched to meet Mexican Ot. Man, he's sick.
Speaker 3: I'm distracted by the you meet his dad to his dad's fucking great, dude, we were at the talk, we were at the taco truck last night and his dad knocks some fucking dude the fuck out there is this drunk maniac. He was chugging Mickey's outside of the Taco truck and he kept doing then the Hitler salute.
Speaker 1: And fucking he was talking to nitler Ler.
Speaker 3: And Chuck warned him like twenty times, even gave him half of his food to go away, and the dude stepped to him one more time and he fucking slapped him, and we're like, all right, well it's time to walk off.
Speaker 1: Go fuck with Dad's strength, man, No, his dad's a fucking rock. Dad's strength is this dude is like he looks like the rock, Like he looks like a professional.
Speaker 3: Rest But even if he wasn't, you don't withd no for sure strength And he's got like a certain other type of strength starts with arm.
Speaker 1: Can't say it anymore, Royd's strength. Oh is that the R word? It could be? You can't say anymore. I don't we just did?
Speaker 2: Have I been that checked out? I think it's the word I'd like back.
Speaker 1: I don't mind. I don't mind it. How about this one? I don't know if it's up to whether we find it. How about this one?
Speaker 2: You fucking that fool's got franks? Let me not be insensitive.
Speaker 1: Sure I'm not, I'm not. Okay, listen whatever, dude, it's like, save it canceled, card been canceled? How about that? Uh? Where are we going with this, I said, Clevers back in the due said, you don't even know. You don't even know. I got the crazy story for you. Okay, look, yo, when I talk to my friends, I'm talking to my friends.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I know we're filming and ship's going on, but I don't like whatever. It's like we'll be kicking it with pain. We're just doing whatever. Okay, So we land in Los Angeles. Is from Atlanta. Yeah, we're going to New Zealand. This fool gets arrested clever, Yeah, police are waiting by the plane.
Speaker 2: Now I have a whole This is me going down to do the festival in New Zealand.
Speaker 1: And not sure what happened, but there was a confrontation with a passenger on the way and that particular passenger was a lawyer. So this is a lawyer called L A. P. D. And they they drag my boy out, you know what I'm saying, Like, put him in a wheelchair, push him out the airport, like Hannibal Lecter. I'm on the way to.
Speaker 2: Fucking New Zealand.
Speaker 1: I got no DJ, and I'm like, I like, Zilla, looks like you're DJ and doll you better fucking laptop, that shit fucking press play one one finger Jones, hit Intern, hit Intern, hit space bar Innerarenter. I've had to do it before warped tour, So like fucking lost my DJ. Didn't know what the fuck was gonna happen, you know what I'm saying. Like I thought he was gone, like forever, you know what I'm saying, Not forever.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought he was gone. I was like, dude, I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna I'm not gonna see him in New Zealand for sure. For sure, Delta xes him out of the whole situation. I mean they're like, get him off the property type ship. Uh, my friend Stefan Janowski, this guy he's got his own Nike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking pro lifer. He's the best I cost that fire.
Speaker 1: I'm like, please pull up Stefan and Jessica love y'all, please pull up and get my friend. And he's he needs to ride an airport or he's going he needs to ride to the hotel. He's going to jail. Police were like, yo, since somebody get him whor he's going to jail, So like, ah, we got you, Like, dude, this New Year's night. They're like chilling out the crib and they and they go get him like real friends, like real friends, go get them taken to the hotel.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he woke up the next.
Speaker 1: He was fucking hammered, hammered.
Speaker 2: He was hammered before we let that land.
Speaker 1: Uh, Nashville. We're drinking on the plane.
Speaker 2: Oh bro, Delta lounge.
Speaker 1: The plane drinking.
Speaker 3: It hits different, especially when you land and go to stand up and you're like, oh fuck.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we uh we we got him back. We flew him out coach.
Speaker 1: So when he made it, we flew coach. He made it.
Speaker 2: We flew coach to New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Dude, Okay, look what is that is that like New Zealand? No full thirty six hours It took me to get from Nashville to New Zealand. All right, so god, it's torture like coach Middlese that's, oh my god, for a day and a half. Fun. But like he he he ended up making it, you know what I'm saying, And we pulled off the shows and ship. But yeah, like arrested, arrested upon arrival. Now he's he's moving back to Nashville. He actually moved back to Nashville, and he's from Atlanta. Where's he from? Atlanta? Georgia. Man Atlanta's finest bro one of the greatest DJs. Man no scratch DJ, and I put that, I'll put that on everything for the record. And you've had some great DJs. You had Chris Curran, you had the what was fucking your o G DJ? The guy who was Latin was not for.
Speaker 2: The record, And this is like, this is just healthy competition.
Speaker 1: Like any dj MC combo that wants to battle, I'm up at the fire, I'm ready, We're ready. I'd sit well any person on the planet. You go get your best MC and your best DJ. And I've tried to do this before and nobody stepped up. Maybe somebody will. I want to see it, and I will gracefully bow out. If you come with a better set, you're not going to It's curtains there. It is. Last thing? Did you and Royce ever patch things up? I love Royce? Okay, I haven't spoken to him since that incident happened, but that's my dude, man, Like I have I really I don't hold any I don't harbor any bad feelings about Royce. You know what I mean. I haven't spoken to him, like I said, since that that time. But at the end of the day, we did a lot of great things together. You know what I'm saying, Like I mean your grace to XXL with him. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like a lot of a lot of amazing moments happened it.
Speaker 2: Yeah with my boy, you know what I meaning, like and it's it's all good for me.
Speaker 1: It's all good.
Speaker 2: That's good and you know that that's it just is what it is, Like.
Speaker 1: What DJ Premiere, you know, DJ Premiere, Royce me, come on, there's a lot of there's a lot of moments Royce and Ritz, you know, like Royce, Marshall, myself, the fucking Gang, you know, like like there was there's there's history there that like I can't, I can't like just make disappear.
Speaker 2: And you know what I mean, like to put some.
Speaker 1: You know, discrepancy or a disagreement or like whatever it is. You know.
Speaker 2: Whatever it's not it's not to me. It's water under the bridge.
Speaker 1: Good. I thought of another random thing.
Speaker 3: When you did Worldwide Choppers with Tech, did you know there was gonna be people wrapping in like Turkish and fucking all kinds of fucking wild ass languages on that ship.
Speaker 1: Speaking to Posse Records, that shit went platinum. There's a Turkish verse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the beginning. There's a dude who's like that, no way, Yeah, it's platinum.
Speaker 1: You're on it. It's platin.
Speaker 2: I never even I never, I never heard it.
Speaker 1: I only recorded my verse.
Speaker 2: I never even listened to it.
Speaker 1: It's like you it's him, No I know, I'm it's bust rhynd, twist buzz around like and then it's a bunch of other dudes to expect bro, I fucking like, just fucking you send me some ship. Sometimes I'm like and then I go, fucking I'm out. Yeah, I don't like, you need to get a plaque sent to you. You're on the song. It's placked. Let me tell you. One of my biggest regrets what is that with with Tech nine? I got a few, but musically one of them is Tech nine sent me a record and he said, he said, hey, I won't meet you and Kendrick on this song. Yes, it's called Fragile. And I was like, I listened to it and I was like, man, I don't know if I can talk about being fragile, because I don't feel genuinely fragile, and I don't know if I am.
Speaker 2: Maybe I am, but I at the time, I was like, I.
Speaker 1: Could not connect with the concept of like admitting that I have a problem with someone not liking my music, you know what I mean? Because it was really for people I haven't heard the record.
Speaker 3: It was really like an ode to negative journalistic opinions on our critics, critics, like a fuck you to critics, essentially.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Man, do I wish I would have just you know, I actually laid a verse I did. I recorded a verse and never sent it. So I have a verse in my in my hard drive on Fragile with with Kendrick and and Tech nine, but I never returned to them that had been crazy and look in these and these and then like you know, fast forward Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen to you kids, don't.
Speaker 4: Just do it.
Speaker 1: Don't overthink it.
Speaker 2: No, don't overthink it. Fucking do it. We got keV over here. Look at me.
Speaker 1: I'm making sure Ot is not outside. He's not here yet. He's running late for the usual. So we're fine, okay, man, just making We're gonna do it a nice hang. We're gonna go hang. You guys can do a song tonight. Let's make a song. Happen.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen to you kids, do not.
Speaker 1: Don't overthink.
Speaker 2: Another one is uh run the Jewels?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Oh bro?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: LP sent me a song when I was making Trump Music three, Trump Music three. Yeah, and so did Ritz And I was so I was so wrapped out, you know what I'm saying. I was like so versed to death. Right after making that, I was like, I'm like tapped. I've tapped right everything I have to offer as an MC to do this, Like, I don't got it. Man, missed the opportunity to be on the Run the Jewels record, like like ship that, Like that's an opportunity that's always open. I'm sure, though, Well, you know I've I've kicked it. I've kicked it with LP quite a bit. You No, Obviously, Mike's my fucking dog, you know, And I love LP and I've I've spent some time with LP in New York and we've had moments.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I was around for some of their earliest sessions at Tree Sound again, like when they were probably working on rap music. Oh, yeah. Yeah, like before it happens the thing thing. Yeah, it had been crazy. You want one of them fucking bro them fucking Run the Jewels, fucking albums, all four fucking crazy amazing. I hate myself for not doing that.
Speaker 2: I hate but but at the same time, like I just wasn't.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 1: So Ritz is like, Yo, give me a rat verse, give me a rat verse. This is on this album that he's coming out with, uh with Tech, okay, right, and I'm like, oh, you talking about like a couple of albums, like when he was on he was on Strange. Yeah, I gave him the worst verse his first album, one of my careers, Like, like, you mean the song you did with him on your on his first Soul Late terrible. Yeah, I remember he hated No, he was like, dude, fucking and then Wolf gives me this fucking throwaway verse and it made the album because of course his first album needs to have you on it.
Speaker 2: He's like, he's like, he's like, you have to be on this.
Speaker 1: I said, Ritz, no, I don't, mane he said, no, you have to. And I was like, all right, dude, here you go. Man, somebody saw Tech. He was like, uh, Tech, we'll talk about doing another record. I say, man, I'm not gonna be I'm not gonna give you one of the races, one of the more verses, and he was like, he was like, please, please don't, please don't. Oh my god, bro crazy man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, hey, dude, well, look the new album is coming out, and do we have an exact May date?
Speaker 1: May twelve? Oh, May twelve, May twelve, you heard it first. May Twelve's the double disc? Ish? Definitely double vinyl, maybe even four vinyls. I feel like this might be like a well no, I think it's like twenty it's like twenty four twenty six songs. So how many vinyls does that take? At least three? That feels like a triple A triple rich? How many vinyls we're doing? Six? Rich has six six vinyls six two four six. Yeah, it's gonna be a six. It gonna be eight vinyl probably. I don't know, fucking know, man, I do know that, like I want like a you know, you got like eight songs on one side, eight songs on the other. Right, How long they are all? That part? Yeah? That part? So it depends if you got like a fucking six minute joint. You know which you probably do? I do got one? Probably do? Would you do another? Sometimes? Why? Because I guess Fuck yeah, I gotta do another one. I have to man yeah to the ship's do good. I'm just gonna this time. I'm just gonna record it and say keep sucking. I'm not doing the whole fucking run around like May seventeenth is the album May seventeenth, Get it right, May seventeenth, May seventeenth war story comes out? Damn, Hey, yo, you're gonna come out to my podcast? Are you? Are you gonna do a podcast? Yeah? Fuck yeah? You know what you gotta do now? That Ritz I think is singleish. You gotta have Rits on your podcast so he could tell the nastiest stories in hip hop unapologetically. Now we ain't even got time for me to go into the stories I know about the bus troll.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, hey, riddle me, this Canadian missed the bus troll. You know Rich is the bus troll?
Speaker 1: Bro was Rich? Was Rich? Why I hit on it in that fucking garbage verse that I gave for for I'm glad you admitted it. He's gonna be so happy you admitted it.
Speaker 2: He fucking knows.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, Ritz feels some type of way. You guys never did a project together. You know it's it's it's because fans always bother him. He's like, yo, man, we could have gave the fans that the ogs American fans.
Speaker 1: I don't want to rap with Ritz man, that's the truth, man, Like I want to rap. Man, Let's let's do some other ship. Man, I'm singing. Yeah, it's rapping is too easy, man, Yeah, let's do some ship. We put some rap ship in there, but I want to do some mo Was it the tour with you uh, in which his nose blew up red? Wasn't that your guys's tour? He had the coke nose?
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna love this interview. He's gotta love this. You see if I get him answer a facet had this piece of ship. Oh my god, dude, he showed me pictures of that ship. You had to let the pop forgot about the cocos. Oh my bro, this will text me at three in the morning the night before last.
Speaker 8: Oh oh, let's let's double team, let's tag team and full home. Oh right now, cos please God bless America, Please phone Coke.
Speaker 1: Gang bangon pause through face time, full Home, full Home. Oh yeah, he'd like it, full sin. He's had worse. He's the grenade jumper. You pussy answer the phone, Coke knows look at us. You're on the fucking you're on the podcast, You fucking pussy. Yeah, you pussy like man, he's probably in the basement somewhere crying, Hey, why are we calling you both? And you're not answering your piece of ship? Yeah, get your ship together, man, know. Fucking bus troll. Yeah, it's probably fucking a midget on me. You know I caught it the bus troll, because you would get hammered, dog hammered in the bus, and he.
Speaker 4: Would just.
Speaker 11: We have understand some Jeremy Scott Adidas swaying back, like if you imagine Rinson is under his hair, I can imagine it, Yo, like blocking the door with a fucking plastic bottle of.
Speaker 1: Canadian bro How about this.
Speaker 3: The only time Ritz ever got really mad at me was I was blacked out and I took his beanie off and he oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, I touched the beanie. It was a fucking problem. Hey, well this is him without a beanie, Like this might be that Mexico toot's see you guys here.
Speaker 2: No Spotify?
Speaker 1: Okay, so what's their et a idea?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: All right, let me cause that I'll find out. Are you I'm in here, I'm in here, come in you fuck him in the middle of an interview. There's a winning gate. It's unlocked. Push it through, you got it? Goodbye?
Speaker 8: Yo.
Speaker 1: So look so like he would like why we called him bus troll?
Speaker 10: It is because he was like standing in the hallway, bro and like blocking the antl to the to the bucks and no, with a bottle of Canadian miss like a fucking leprechaun or some ship.
Speaker 1: And so we started saying, riddle me this Canadian miss, like you had to answer a riddle to get to your bunk. So anyway, we shout out to Ritz. He's a legend, great guy. I love him.
Speaker 10: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, I'm just here having fun. That was funny. It's funny. It is because I'm crying. You know who was gnarly? Was your old fucking road manager the night I told you about Josh Spice. No, no, no, Jos's cool shots o G. I'm talking about the fucking violent motherfucker Brooklyn. Oh Brooklyn. He was crazy nuts. So I'm tripping out, worst trip of my night, like of my life. So I'm on, I'm on all the edibles in the world, right, Rich is opening up for you. I'm standing in the crowd. My legs are cemented to the floor. I can't move.
Speaker 3: Garfield the Cats on stage next to Ritz with fucking slot machine eyes.
Speaker 4: You go on.
Speaker 1: I go outside. I'm puking on the side of the venue. I'm just throwing up profusely. Right, And I walk back in, and for whatever reason, like when I'm tripping hard, all of the ship that would make someone's trip really bad happening in real life around them always happens to me. Right, So I got some Native American dude trying to check me about being white on stolen land. Outside, going to the fucking backstage of the venue, and Brooklyn's beating the ship out of some guy on the side of the stage. We wait, is this the observatory? No, this isn't Arizona.
Speaker 2: This is this is how many times this happened.
Speaker 1: This is the clubhouse. I don't wonder which venue. This is the clubhouse in Arizona. And so I'm sitting on the couch and this fucking dude just getting the ship rocked out of him right in front of me. And I don't know how real it is because I'm fucked, and that dude's a gnarly dude. Little dude, but like not even a little dude, but like not like as big of a dude as you'd expect to be throwing the way he was throwing, like normal size guy.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: No, Brooklyn was a savage. Savage. Yeah, that's crazy. Yeah, he's a maniac. Yeah, good time, the best time tour coming ish, Yeah, spot. I'm not I'm not into torn right now. Man, I'm telling you, I'm just like I'm.
Speaker 3: You had ruptured your spleen skydiving, right, that's crowded guy, crowd crowded.
Speaker 1: In a way. Yeah yeah, in Los Angeles, and that had stopped you from doing more of that? Correct? I? Well no it didn't. It didn't stop me, but did it? Got? I got this tattoo it said calm down. I was in ICU for fucking four days and assisted living for two weeks. They I had signed a death papers for that that injury. Like they were like, if you die, we're not responsible. Type of ship I was on dolt of and ship and then I and then I left that assisted living and went straight to the airport to Australia for a tour. Fuck and ah, man, I mean, I'm cool, I'm cool on like I just look, man, you're not gonna climb to the top of the venue and do a fucking flying elbow off of it. I mean I might, yeah, you know, I mean, what better way to go out? Honestly, I mean, dude, when I ruptured my spleen, what happened is I landed on a dude's face and his nosebone went into my spleen. So I like dove off of like fucking ten feet in Los Angeles. Actually I don't know what venue it was, so that dude was fucked up, but everybody's hands were up and this dude turned around like.
Speaker 2: Fucking splattered his nose.
Speaker 1: He was so stoked, he was so happy. No, wow, good for him for him being a real one. Twenty twenty four. That happens. They're getting fucking too. I've been superfore for what that that ship that happened at Observatory, What happened? How was happening at a few of your shows there? Now that that full jumped on stage and pulled me down. It was on like all like, what is it all hip hop or whatever?
Speaker 3: I remember the vlog you had where someone stepped on your bus and you clocked them. You remember that on the bus stairs? What was that like twelve years ago?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that? It was on one of your vlogs, like on your YouTube channel. Some fools some food was trying to get on the bus and you just fucking lay Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: But that that shit happened the loss you having an observatory.
Speaker 1: I got pulled down by my overalls. It was like a it's not no, it's all Star, No, not all Star world Star. Was this that ship and they posed it up but it blew up on ward Star or whatever? I like, was this the show that the jelly and struggle opened up on? No, no, no, people go okay, But anyway, Brooklyn was there. Yeah, the point is Brooklyn was there. I got a lawsuit. Shit I threw. I threw a bottle of this idiot who was who was trying to beat me up? Basically, and yeah, I got I got the business. Well, look man, May seventeenth album is coming. It's I'm excited for this one. Man, can we do some hip hop this year?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can we fucking do some mother fucking hip hop this year? That's what I'm trying to fucking do. Man Warst Story May seventeenth, Truck Music Forever. My energy is up, man good, My energy is way up. I'm glad, bro, I'm serious, I'm glad. I feel it. I feel like that first record was a statement, like, bitch, I'm here to rack dog. You know what I'm saying, Like, don't forget I wanted the coldest. I'm here to do more than that fucking ballmart ballmart Baby, Go buy some some American. Go support this guy, Go buy some Slamerican. How about not go bootlegg it?
Speaker 2: keV dad joke?
Speaker 1: What's up with Newport? I still have a green hoodie with his fucking face on it.
Speaker 2: You have the fucking dude We're killing it hoodie. Yeah, that's a classic, man, you better hold on to that.
Speaker 1: We'll never make it again. I'm sure he won't. Why would you? That was a moment like be like, yo, let's print another Newport hoodie. Might print some skateboards or some shit, but oh Newport, dude, he's got his own skate shop. He's great man, Magic City, Miami. We had If you are getting down to Miami and you want to go to a skate shop with the family, check in in Magic City. Man. That's my boy. Man, he's got a great skateboard shop, you know, popping.
Speaker 3: Would you ever do any movies or try to maybe like write a pilot for a TV show based on some of your life or any of your fucking why do you.
Speaker 1: Ask so many things that have such long answers.
Speaker 3: Well, because we're waiting for that Mexicano t his handler just got here, the gay man in the corner over there.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I've done my first feature film. It's called Peter Peanut Butter Falcon with Sealah Buff Dakota. Zach. You used to check it out, Okay I didn't. I haven't seen that. When I didn't, we'll fucking stop sleeping on, stop sleeping. Got some bars, he definitely does, got bars, but not now this role. Oh John Hawks, you know what I mean, like like crew crew. But the movie is called Peanut Butter Falconi movie. That's also a sick band name. It's a great movie. Zach is starring in it and the story is what got me about the role. But I was fresh out of rehab, dude, like, and my role is called rat boy and pooh boy. Did I own that?
Speaker 5: You know? So?
Speaker 1: I fucking that was my first role and only role. But I just say down with Shannon from Average Joe's who they just did Old Henry And if you haven't seen Old Henry, please do yourself a favorite. Check that movie. I was brilliant Old Henry. So we're working on some things. I mean, we'll see. I'm just not a fucking artist that wants to do film for film's sake. I like rad shit, like I like how like most Death did it right get out. He just got the Italian job to be Henrie Wind. You know, he just picked great roles and he had a very like he was very tasteful about how he approached it, you know, and it was somehow it seemed like on brand for what you would appreciate from from him most deaf, you know what I'm saying. So I would like to do it like that. Another artist who did it is like Dwight Yoakum. Dwight Yoakum did it very tastefully. I feel like too. From from like music to film legend. So I'm just trying to make that like transition and like gracefully. I get rolls all the time, but it's always like some love interests, like fucking weird, just romantic comedy, like the fuck.
Speaker 9: Out of here.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do a romantic comedy like I want some fucking gnarly shit. Let's get gnarly.
Speaker 2: Let's get gnarly in twenty.
Speaker 1: Four, Gnarly twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I gotta fucking piss like a raise me too.
Speaker 1: What's in the fucking podcast? The podcast just ended. It's over. Now, it's over. Wait, what's the May seventeenth? May seventeenth War story? The double album is out, Thank you my god. keV, Hey, you're going to introduce me to os. Yeah, he'll be here in a second. Yeah,