Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it's finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 2: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell Casino w in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueans see DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are upon us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices views from your seat. The Lord's Price Guarantee game Time takes the guests work out of buying tickets, save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the Lord's Price Guaranteed or game Time will credit one and ten percent of the difference. Take the guest work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game time. Download the game time out, create an account, use code Nightcap twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: Off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Creat an account.
Speaker 1: Redeem code Nightcap night caap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Hey, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap I have your favorite O Shanna Sharp, that's your favorite number eighty five, The Route Runner Extraordinary, The Bingle Ring of Fame, Hono Reed, the Pro Bowl of the All Pro from Liberty City, Chad oh, Jo Sinko Johnson, and we are Nightcap and we're home. Guess what to the world's fastest man. Let that seek you marinate on bad just a second. Yes, guys, please make sure you hit that like button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. We greatly greatly appreciate it. Guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We greatly appreciate that, and every subscriber matters. Make sure you check out my Shade by Laportier. We're taking pre orders only. Thank you for your patience, but we will be able to feel your order. We have it in stock and you will not have to wait months like you did before.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your pages again.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you go follow my media company page on all platform. That's Shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four. That's eighty four spelled out. Olympic merch just dropped OCHO and I having it on. We just went I have the light color. He has the dark gray.
Speaker 4: You made me, you made me change, Yeah, because we showed up here looking like looking like step step brothers.
Speaker 1: The link to the the link to the merchants pen at the top of the chat. You cold Olympics. As you know, the quality is exceptional, O Joe. I ain't gonna do a whole lot of hulla ba loo, but.
Speaker 3: You can do it. You can do it.
Speaker 5: You can do it because they did it. They did it yesterday. They need a whole lot of hooping in Holland. Yeah, a whole lot of hooping and Holland, a whole lot of talken trash.
Speaker 1: Oh remember because our girl ain't winning.
Speaker 3: They did a.
Speaker 1: Whole yea they were talking your girlt oh what half a big mouth? Now, all of a sudden, the timeline was so quiet today, quiet today.
Speaker 5: Yesterday it was everybody was hauling the oopen today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your girl got smoked. Your girl got smoked. What happened now? No allows met Jamaica's Kashane Thompson by five thousandth of a second and one hundred meters final. He ran a time of nine eight nine seven eight four to nine seven eight nine. Kashane Thompson took what Okay, according to No One Allows, took forty four steps from the block to the line, Kase Shane Thompson took forty five steps. Remember, Justin Gatlin says he took forty one step from starting to finish. Yeah, a Usain Boat took forty steps from start to finish. No Allowed gets the gold case, Shane Thompson gets the silver, and Bred Curley, who won the silver medal and last Olympics, takes home the bronze.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we.
Speaker 1: Build this, o Joe, We've been building. No Allowed says, I'm the fastest man. What we've done since the beginning of time? The man or the woman Yes, that won one hundred meter dash at the Olympics was considered the world's fastest man, regardless.
Speaker 3: If a world record holder was still alive.
Speaker 1: Because what the Jamaicans are trying to do now, well Boat still has the world record. Nah, we're not gonna do that. What we're gonna do, We're gonna continue. Whoever win the Olympics, who ever win the world championship, male or female, that's the world's fastest man, the world's fastest woman. So just because that No longer resides. Guess what y'all didn't say that yesterday. Y'all did not say when Julian Alfred won. Y'all didn't say she was the fast y'all didn't say Elaine Thompson herrold is still the fastest woman in the world.
Speaker 3: Y'all didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Y'all didn't do that, So I ain't gonna let you do it now.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: When Justin and I was talking yesterday, what did I say, if they make him run through the line, Yeah, if they make if.
Speaker 3: They keep that pressure on it.
Speaker 1: I use the analogy what my coach says, sucker, you gotta make him wrong.
Speaker 3: Make it right.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny when you think about it.
Speaker 6: Kishawn made him run because it starts still wasn't good. If you watch it, if you want, I watched it in slow motion. I watched the motions. It's because he has that two hundred meter kick, that two hundred meter kick when he hit that goddamn transition from that forty that made that fifty, from that fifty to that to that finish line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had to come back and get everybody.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 4: He made it that much more difficult and still one if you look at his reaction time, Kashane Thompson's reaction time with zero point one seven six, Noahllow's reaction time with zero point one seven eight.
Speaker 1: So that's not that's not that big of a difference. It wasn't as stick like sha Car was stuck in the blox yesterday.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that.
Speaker 1: And so now I'm close enough that you're gonna start to decelerate because you're not a two hundred meter guy. I am, and so now yes and so now, but see, another thing that worked in his favor was the same thing that happened to shakarri at the World Championship. Way out in lane seven, he can't see he sees Fred Curley right there. He sees who else was that next to him? Sabine, He sees them, and so he thinks that's his competition. He's like, I got them. I'm holding them off. He can't see all the way outside in lane seven, he can't see no allows and so now it wasn't until he got to the line and he's like, hold on, damn, I ain't know that. I ain't know you was I ain't know you was that close. Let's see what happened and it goes to a photo finish. But I knew if Noah could keep it close early everybody he rather nine seven seven, and he shut it down. It's easy to run when you know nobody in the field can touch it. Look at go look at his last twenty meters and look how he started to tie up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go back and look at.
Speaker 6: It, so you can you can you can say you can see the mighty language.
Speaker 5: You can see his tie up.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 6: He wasn't as relaxed as opposed to when he ran the ninety seven in Jamaica. His relaxed I'm talking about the whole time and he and he he step off the gas a little bit. Listen that pressure the moment, it will do something to you. He's still running, he was still winning. He's still ran a great race. Yeah, still ran a great race. This is one of the best hundred meter finals I've seen in a.
Speaker 5: Very long time. Yeah, well, very long time.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes. Uh.
Speaker 1: When you go back and look at it a way a race that was similar was close. Uh, justin Gatlin. You go back and look at two thousand and four. He beat Francis over Quailu nine eight five, nine eight five to nine eighty six. That was a very close race. I think, uh the last boat in the last Olympics when he ran nine eight in twenty sixteen, I think he ran nine to eight zero, and I think Justin Gatler ran like nine eight one, maybe nine eight two.
Speaker 3: But it was, it was the times were very very close. This was a very a great race.
Speaker 1: No Allows gets the go Cashane Thompson takes bronze, Fred Curley takes the No takes silver. Brad Curley takes the bronze in a seasonal best. Ken Sabin eight of South Africa he ran a national record nine eight two. Marshall Marshall Marshall, Marcel Jacobs he ran a seasonal best of nine eight five. Tobogo of Botswana he ran nine eighty six, a national record. Kenny Binarik he was a little office season best. He ran nine eight eight. I think his best time is nine eighty seven in over league. Seville made him give it up.
Speaker 6: You know what's funny that when we're talking about them running until about they had an off time or it wasn't as fast as they normally run. And we talked about they running in the nine eight and that's off. Can you imagine how fast that is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fred Curley has run nine seven six. Yeah, so he's off. He but this was the best. He's been dealing with some injuries. He's had some issues all year. I don't think anybody thought Fred Curley was gonna make the podium given how his season was going. But as Justin said yesterday, Fred is a fighter. He knows how to run in big meats. The thing that I said about Kashane Thompson, I know he's running fast, but has he ever run fast than a big meat.
Speaker 3: On a world state, on a global.
Speaker 1: Stage, a world championship, an Olympic. Oh, the trials, everybody, look, everybody can rup. We've seen people run. Sha Carrie ran ten to seven at the trials. She ran one of the slowest times that she's run this year. In the finals, it's different. The heaviest thing that a person can carry O jo, you know what it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Expectations.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, then you got the you got the world Because the Jamaica they're used to having you saying, they're used to having Elaine Thompson, Harrold, They're used to having Shelley and they're used to having Shrika. Okay, the women we knew Elaine wasn't going she had some issues, uh mommy rocket, Shelley and Fraser price for whatever trans price. Maybe she was dealing with a little injury, but she didn't get to warm up properly. Sharika had pulled out the hundred before she really even got soon as she arrived in Paris. And now we found out she pulled out into two hundred. So there's something seriously going on with her. So all their hopes, the Jamaican hopes was pinning Kashane was gonna get the gold, and then O Bleak and No Allowed, Fred Curley, they were gonna find it out for silver and bronze. But the one thing you know about nor Allows, he's a big either. Not only is he a showman, he's a big game racer.
Speaker 5: Did you see how he came out.
Speaker 6: Did you see when they introduced him, You see how he came out hyped up like that, hyped up like that, ran down the track a little bit, screaming.
Speaker 5: Looking at everybody like hooping and holland.
Speaker 6: So when he came out with that type of energy, when you come out with that type of energy.
Speaker 5: You know, you ain't got.
Speaker 3: No all that jumping up and down.
Speaker 6: Holland, Man, who you telling you? Ain't got no choice but to show up. So I expected that because I didn't know what we were.
Speaker 5: Going to get.
Speaker 6: Because everybody's time was so good, everybody talking about the trials and what people did leading up to the Olympics.
Speaker 5: I ain't know what was gonna happen. I just knew it was gonna be a good race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just like I just like I said.
Speaker 1: The thing that concerned me about Kashane Thompson is that he had never been on a global meet. Think about he ain't never had them lights turn lound like that and that music playing and them lights and they reverberating, they're going all around. Yeah, they introducing you a and it's sixty five thousand fans and you can feel that electricity. You can feel it. Right, this is the moment. This is not the Trials. Be An American or Jamaican or whatever the case may be, he's never been in this moment.
Speaker 3: Go back and look.
Speaker 1: At the last twenty meters and look at his form compared to what it was in the first sixty. I knew if they made this young man run because everything else, Oh Joe, you heart, he shut it down. He ran in nine seventy seven, and he shut it down. He shut it down in the round. I even heard Auto Boat and says he looked the best through the rounds because nobody challenged them. Right, Hey, you watch it. You watch his horses, You watch the horse, you watch the derby. Sometimes it takes out horse to pull right alongside the other horse to make him dig a little deeper.
Speaker 3: Yes, I.
Speaker 1: Made him break form and boom, we got it. Now we have the whole world's fastest man. You saying Boat is the greatest sprinter alive, but he's not the fastest man in Jamaica's I'm not gonna let you do it. I'm not gonna let you say because your got lost. Y'all had to eat crop. Because yesterday you had a.
Speaker 3: Lot to say about your carry y'all had a lot to say.
Speaker 1: Well, y'all ain't talking. Now, jump off my timeline. Just be respectful because I got time today. Be respectful because I told y'all just for today. Now, I don't want y'all to get on there. Y'all say something disrespectful and I gunned y'all ass down.
Speaker 3: Hey, ESPN, does he work for you? Guys? Look what he's said. No with you.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm telling you now, if you come for me and I didn't send him for you, I'm gonna send your ass away unhappy.
Speaker 3: So hey, let's keep it the bell. We're gonna go back and forth like that.
Speaker 1: I love that you're making brothers and sisters and we can have a good time trash talking, going back and forth, saying it's about time, Shanner, it's been twenty years since y'all been at the top of the podium at the Olympic. And you're absolutely right. But when y'all trying to take pot shots, I'm gonna let y'all have it. I'm just letting you know. When y'all go low, I'm gonna go to the basement. If you go lord and that, I'm going to head. So I'm just letting you know now, So let's keep it above the belt. Let's have a good time. I like the back and forth. And guess what you saying, both can't run no more. It might be a while before y'all see the top of the podium because no allows ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah we are.
Speaker 1: We we us Americas the past of this billion people in the world.
Speaker 3: We got the fastest man in the.
Speaker 5: Man in the world and y'all can't do nothing about it.
Speaker 3: I see, y'allo years.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, we got two of them. Yeah, we got two of them.
Speaker 1: And we got some for you too. We got some for you too. In the relay.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: Uh they probably started probably like Thursday.
Speaker 5: Hold on, whoa, whoaout, we got something for me. Relate forget the relay. We still got no in the goddamn two hundred.
Speaker 3: And we got Kennebanark and we got Area Night.
Speaker 6: And uhh yes, when the when the winter four hundred meters the four hundred, the four hundred starts probably Monday or Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got some for him.
Speaker 1: Oh then oh look kiro McMaster, he's a four hundred guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But my got my nephew is in peak condition, Rob Benjamin, Yeah, ready to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, it's gonna probably it's gonna probably take low forty six, maybe even sub forty six to make that podium because we know what the Norwegian Barston War home. We nobody else though, Santos, we know what he can do. We know it right, right, just beat both of them. A couple of weeks before the Olympics started at anl A League meet, I think he ran forty six six. He's runnings low as forty six forty six four this year, so it's gonna be going Kyra McMaster. I think he got on the podium last year. I think he got silver. Maybe he got silver or something a bronze. But we got something for y'all. We ain't done. Oh and we got Gabby Gabby into two hunding. Yeah, and we got Gabby into two hundred and we gonna smoke in the relays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, period.
Speaker 1: I got bragging right, can't tell me nothing now, and I want y'all to do one thing for me. All my Jamaican brothers and sisters stopped the blood clock crying, brought us rada all right, rap rada me stop it ut no nor minds the champ a sweet, the champ no allowed, baby of the world.
Speaker 5: You got let up on the monk.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 1: They told Craig, say, hey, we top flaight security of the world.
Speaker 3: Craig nor allowed to the top flight.
Speaker 1: He the big dogs of the tire world. Oh Joe, No, we're gonna eat. It's us today high. They can't stop. It takes a nation of millions to hold us back nor allowed celebrate. Hey, we got a there was some records. How many records were broken today? Okay? The women, the four the four by one relay in swimming that was broken. The medley relayed two men, two women that was broken. Bobby think he broke the fifteen hundred meters world record that was broken? Noah, Oh, and we've already talked to them. And if you swam a leg on any world record breaking team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he ail us.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get you your money as soon as possible. So as soon as the sooner you can DM me who it is, Bobby Fink. You ain't got no teammates, bro, So you got fifty bands coming to me, coming to you, Curtis, feel me. The relay teams I got you, just I just need to know who swam on the team and the money gonna get to you. I'm already instructing my team, my management team. We're gonna get everything taken care of. So we're gonna have this thing in a nice and neat ball within the next two to three weeks.
Speaker 5: Hold on, somebody, tell Bobby Fink. Tell Bobby Fink.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm telling you now, remember I used to swim, right, Mandy used to swim, Yeah, when I did that semester at har But I was part of the swim team. So I saw Bobby Fink said the world record. Now I wasn't too far for that world record for that small off semester when I swam at Harvard. So I'm curious before you send Bobby that fifty ball, right before you set up that fifty thousand, how about me and Bobby we compete in the fifteen hundred, and whoever went between me and him, they get that.
Speaker 1: Fifty Ojo, Yeah, you can't swim five hundred meters right, let alone fifteen hundred.
Speaker 5: I ain't got asthma no more. I'm good now, I'm good. I ain't got asthmy.
Speaker 1: Last so no alive. You got fifty bands coming Curtis on me and Ojo. No allowed to hear something, Bobby, think you get the whole shebang because you broke a world record. Everybody that's on the relay team, you guys get to split fifty grand twelve five apiece for everybody that ran in track and feeling. The mixed relays, you set the world record the night before, you get twelve five if you swam on the relay teams.
Speaker 3: I think there was two relay teams.
Speaker 1: That ended up breaking the world record, the mixed relay two men to women, and the women broke the record at the end.
Speaker 3: So get that information.
Speaker 5: D M.
Speaker 3: Nightcap.
Speaker 1: Let us know who swam or I don't care who swam, what leg or what what stroke you swam. I just want to make sure I get you your money in a very very timely fashion.
Speaker 3: But again back to no allowed. No.
Speaker 5: I know, I know it might be in the chat. Hey no man.
Speaker 1: No y'allo. You know Jamaican they keep on saying no allows of Kashane Thompson. At the same time, I just want to know who coming home with the gold medal.
Speaker 6: Hold listen, they got the highest, they have the highest of technology out there in Paris now.
Speaker 5: So we're not gonna we're not gonna do that. We're not gonna do that. We're not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna do that. Somebody coming home with the gold medal?
Speaker 5: Who coming home with it? Who got who got around the neck.
Speaker 3: No, okay, what another one? A ride his neck and the two hundy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're gonna have You're gonna have two. Don't no disrespect.
Speaker 1: He gonna have three cause we're gonna get that relay too.
Speaker 6: We're gonna be fine, you know, I asked. I asked a question too, right. I asked a question earlier when it came to the sprinters and the amount of time, the amount of rest time they had between races, and someone said, well, you know what, I think the sprinters actually like it that way because they don't want to tighten up.
Speaker 5: What do you think do you think any changes need to be.
Speaker 6: Made as opposed to when you run the semis to the finals or you're qualifying, or you think the amount of time they get the rest is sufficient.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: A lot of times, that's why you take alternates because a lot of times like Noah is not going to run on the relays qualify. That's why you brought Kristin Coleman. That's why you brought a couple of other guys. Fred Curley will probably run. Fred Curley will be on the relay team in the finals. Noah Lives won't Kennan Baner will be on that team and qualifying. He won't because now he has to go back and try to get ready for the two hundred finals. Noah Lives will run anchor. I'm thinking Christian Coleman starts it off. I'm thinking Fred Curley runs the second leg. I'm thinking Kenny Bineck runs the third leg. No Allows brings it home. I see the same thing happening. Uh, Because here's the thing. The women T T. Terry, Melissa Jefferson, and Shaquie Richardson, they don't have anything else to do, so there's a great chance that they're gonna run in the qualifying and the finals. The only person that won't run and qualify is Gabby Thomas become finals time. If everything goes according to playing, Gabby will run third leg, Melissa Jefferson will leave it off. T. T. Terry will take the second leg, Gabby take third leg. Sh Carrie bring it home. Hey hey, hey, hello, hello. I need to see some of them flag you know them black and green flag?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 3: Yellow flag? Yo? You know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Dad?
Speaker 3: You go there? You gonna bridge like I been need to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know what you got that up there far. You ain't got no gold. He ain't got no gold.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, hey, they were, they were, they were letting us have it yesterday.
Speaker 6: Boy, they were let us have it. Even though even though it wasn't a Jamaican woman. That the fact that she was a Caribbean, she's from the Caribbean, it didn't matter. It didn't matter.
Speaker 5: Boy, they were they were letting us have it.
Speaker 1: You know what they're saying, Well, she was born in Jamaica.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 6: Listen the friendly bandom between the Jamaicans and Americans when it comes to the hundred, comes to the two hundred, man, it's so refreshing to be able to have healthy discussions, healthy arguments, healthy debated and to go back and forth when when someone wins, when someone loses.
Speaker 5: It, it's no, it's it's tough love. It's good love.
Speaker 6: But at the end of the day, listen, we all love each other right now, right now, we got that gold, and we should be able to pop our ship. We should be able to pop our ship the same way y'all do. Was winning when it was saying it was winning all the years. Yeah, he said nothing had no we ain't had no tricks but to take it.
Speaker 1: They beat they beaten and had the boozers going. I'm like, it's all you're saying. Yeah, America, this little tiny country the size of New York, and we blowing the dose off.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Look at all the medals, we women winning, the men and women. Ye sweeping the podium, men and women. Now y'all ain't sweeping nothing. Yeah, hey, why Jamaica known for Hey, mister Prime minister, you remember you had something to say.
Speaker 3: Now I'm gonna need you to make right Jamaica.
Speaker 1: But the Prime Man said he would talking crazy. I told her we had something bought. I think, yeah, man, it was talking crazy. Now I would need you know what they known for you? What they got from Jamaica. Curry jerky they know? But I tell you, I need something that's transportable that y'all can get it over your too.
Speaker 3: What they got?
Speaker 1: What y'all got over to Jamaica. I know somebody in Jamaica. What y'all know what Jamaica was like plantains or something?
Speaker 3: What? What? What? What?
Speaker 1: What's what's transportable that I can get over into the state courteus sick of Jamaica.
Speaker 5: Say the prime ministers for talking talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and y'all look at Jamaica too, they were talking to y'all. Ain't y'all a get in the metal y'all? Y'all done, y'all done, y'all say, Hey see, y'all thought y'all had something when in the summer finals with Obleak beat nor allowed, y'all didn't see no alloweds staring down.
Speaker 3: But see on June second when you Oblik beat him, he.
Speaker 1: Stared down, no allowed, no allowed, saying okay, I'm gonna take note of that.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 5: Take notes no allowed.
Speaker 1: Smoke me, smoke me on that Jamaican pack tonight. We don't that Jamaica pack. We on that Jamaica pack. Yeah, we on that pack hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey be oh jo. I'm so hyped. I'm so hyped right now. We got two giveaways to night. The first giveaway if you place an order for Olympic merch tonight three random orders. We were seeing the signed bottle of La Portier. That's right, I'm gonna seeing you a signed bottle of La Fortier eight courtesy of me.
Speaker 3: And second giveaway we're having uh uh uh.
Speaker 1: We're having a giveaway on our most recent a Nightcap post comment tag nor allows hater and the follow eighty four clothing uh to ender the giveaway. We're giving way a full Olympic capsule in that person's size. Yeah sure, and short in your size. Not the mother hoot you daddy shorts. They tried to get me in these go Actually these will actually fit you. But we got something. Yeah, Tokyo. Holdo, is that what the World championships are?
Speaker 3: Tokyo? I don't know, y'all talking about Tokyo. Right around the.
Speaker 5: Cordel, we can.
Speaker 3: What month? Is that the World championships for next year? Next summer? Okay, okay, it's paying at the top of the chat.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do, guys, go to the chop of the top of the chat and you'll see a nightcap merch We got to pin at the top of the chat. Oh man, we got well, we put that thing on, y'all. I don't even want to go to sleep my house. I might stay up. Body ours suddy study.
Speaker 3: We about to do something.
Speaker 1: The last American to sweep the hundred and the two hundred, yeah, Carl Lewis back in eighty four. Noah Allis has a chance to do that, and they also wanted to relay that year. So knowing you, knowing you, and you in great company. Boy, if you could pull this double off right here, and a whole lot of guys can ever say they've done the double?
Speaker 3: You same boat, Carl Lewis. I can't think of a whole lot of others that Jesse Owens. Let that thinking.
Speaker 1: Think about the company you're gonna be in if you were to pull this double off.
Speaker 3: Jesse Owens, Carl Lewis, You same boat? And no Allows? I think no allows when this goal pulled this double off.
Speaker 1: Considering the World championship, I'm gonna be hard pressed for me to say there's a better American male sprinter in the history the no Allows, I know it, certainly. I don't want to put the car before the horse. Guess what, I'm starting to hit him up. I'm starting to hit him up.
Speaker 5: How old is brother? How old his brother?
Speaker 3: Noah? Well? How old Nord? Like twenty seven? I think he's twenty seven?
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, damn that's dope, man. That was a great feeling. That was That was a great feeling.
Speaker 3: Broy.
Speaker 6: They the hype anticipation before the race man. Yeah, I got.
Speaker 5: I'm nervous. I ain't even out there running.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I forgot. Oh, Joe, I forgot about my guy.
Speaker 3: Holloway. You just dropped the third casual thirteen oh one.
Speaker 1: Right now, Who for me is a toss up right now between Paul and Michael Johnson as the greatest American sprinters. You look at Mike back to back, He's done something no other man that's ever done back to back four hundred meters titles. I think he's the three time world champion formal record holder. And the hundred and the two excuse me, the four hundred and the two hundred, he did both. I mean he Michael gives a lot of credit credit. But Valerie Brisco Hooks did it first. She did it in eighty four, Michael did it in ninety six, and if I'm not mistaken, Marie Jose Perett from France, she did it in two thousand where she did the double. She's a two time if I'm not mistaken, I think she's the two time four hundred champ also. But anyway, Noah Elis is about to be in great company. He's gonna be on the short list if he's not the greatest. He's gonna have a he's gonna have a shoot seat at the table with Carl Lewis and Michael Johnson as farm who is the greatest printer, and he's They can't add anything else to their legacy. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, he goes and wins the world title in the two hundred. Now, that'll be four world titles in the two hundred. He gets another world title, that'll be two in the one hundred, and he's an Olympic.
Speaker 3: Champ in one hundred meters.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a short conversation because the thing was Carl Carl was a four time Olympic champ in the long jump, two times in one hundred meters. I think he won two gold medals on the relay, and he won the two hundred meters in eighty four, and he got the civil medal in Silvil medal in eighty eight. If I'm not mistaken, I think Joe the Loach won that one. But all I want to talk about the Nordllid. All I want to talk about is I want this this about nor Allowed. I don't want to ring nobody else in the conversation. If you ain't talking about no allives, ask me anything. I want to start a trivia uh until the Olympics. Oh, we're gonna have some trivia about no a lives? How much does he weigh? How tall livey wade from was his favorite food?
Speaker 3: All thing? No alive? Oh? Man, I look at it.
Speaker 1: Sobody to about oh nine seventy is slow compared to you say, but you saying wasn't running.
Speaker 3: He wasn't running, wasn't.
Speaker 1: Wasn't slow to Kashine, wasn't slow to overeliaks of meal. Let's talk about the people that were running. Don't talk about I don't want to look ad see her as a thing.
Speaker 3: That's just like.
Speaker 1: Saying, well, uh Bernard or naw or uh Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: They're not the richest man in the world John d.
Speaker 1: Rockefeller, if he was a lie, he'd have a tria dollars a mass the great kings of Africa that own it.
Speaker 3: NA, No, we're not doing that.
Speaker 1: When they put the list out the world's richest man, ain't nobody saying John d Rockefeller, Nobody said Manson Musa, Nobody said the Rothchild family. They named one of those guys, so what we're not gonna do, Jamaicans, because you lost, y'all some sored losers. And I told you I'm a sore winner. Y'all think, oh, oh, I have a.
Speaker 3: Old one day. I told you this day was coming. I told you every dog has this day.
Speaker 1: And since I'm two hundred and fifty pounds, i'm a big dog, I'm gonna have multiple days. Yeah, I will be insufferable. They say, you know that, Ojo. I ain't gonna tell the true story, O Joe. They tell my man once Shalla got a little money and he became somebody, he became insufferable. I said you a lot. I've been insufferable every since I've been on this earth. I've been insufferable, and I'm about to be more insufferable. Now. I need y'all to talk to me right now, Jamaica. Come on that there, y'all not good. Don't say that glow. Y'all got good. Y'all hurting right now. You're hurting, and I feel your pain, but I'm here for it. I got salt and alcohol to poor you wounds. I ain't bandaging your ass up. I'm gonna hurt. I wuna put some salt and alcohol and those wounds go. Joe, that's what out of here for?
Speaker 3: Now? What that what y'all got to say? Now?
Speaker 1: What what y'all better hope have some parchment come through, Kyra Master come through, cause.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be looking real y'all. You know your hurdles the only thing y'all got.
Speaker 1: I know, y'all all this time, since two thousand and eight, y y'all been on the podium in the sprint. Yeah, macleoud, I think he won the Limpic gold. In the hunt of the hurdles, arch Me won the gold. I mean, we know what you say. One year y'all swept the podium, and then y'all had all these great sprinder Shelley and Elaine, Thompson, Harrow, Stewart, y'all had all of them Jackson yep, yeah, y'all on them.
Speaker 3: Now what y'all about to go home? Empt the hand help that nothing not?
Speaker 1: Then I'm gonnait that like dollar bill get nothing, they get nothing, o' talk nothing, get a country bum nothing.
Speaker 3: Hell no, yo, we all good, were good. Y'all want to talk about something? What y'all want to talk about?
Speaker 1: I mean, y'all want to talk about Doe Eliza bo the five the five thousands of a second is the closest race since Athens in two thousand and four. No, a time nine to seven point eighty four and the men's one hundred meters of personal bet. That's his personal best. Remember he just ran nine to eight one a couple of weeks before the Diamond League meet.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's the third American to pull it off. This a millennium, justin Gallon, the Maurice Greleen. Now he aims for Carl Lewis. They he's one, which is his which was the the weaker of his events. Now he goes to his strong suit, which is one hundred meter two hundred excuse me, and if he can do this. Carl Lewis was the last American to pull off the double in nineteen eighty four, the last print double biding America in nineteen ninety six. Would call excuse me when Michael Johnson did the two four double in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Oh let's go boy, No allowed.
Speaker 1: I just want you to know everybody back in America, we're extremely proud of you because you restored order.
Speaker 3: Now we got a new lord.
Speaker 1: Now we got a new new sheriff in sheriff in town, and were arresting everybody that tried to take our throne. So Kashane Obelieve, Tobago Jacobs, whomever, don't let no allow see at sunset we taking you in no allowed King of the Hill eight being your people, the fast this man in the world. Let that sink in the fastest man in the world.
Speaker 3: That's what a set we us. We y'all better hery y'all hey.
Speaker 1: And it ain't looking promising in the World Championships either, because Shelley has retired.
Speaker 3: Shriika thirty.
Speaker 1: Now the likelihood of y'all having two elite runners that run well lately to their thirties. Carri Ridge is only twenty four, Melissa Jefferson about that same aide T T. Terry might be that same age. And you know it's said, Seid, what twenty.
Speaker 5: Five are we?
Speaker 6: We we in good hands like all State for a little minute. Now, good man, we in good hands like all State for a little minute.
Speaker 1: And we just had the hot hey, and we got of the young kid up in Maryland that just ran forty four twenty sixteen in the four hundred meters. We just had a high school kid from Florida run three sub ten seconds.
Speaker 3: He in high school.
Speaker 5: It's gonna beautiful, gonna be beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is, it is, it is. It feel really feel real good. We didn't do too well in the women's high jump. The world record holder from Ukraine, she won you a missus. Nikola o Schlager from Australia, she got the silver. I don't even want to oh, okay. Ukraine got the bronze also, So basically the podium's gonna look like Ukraine and Australia because Ukraine got the gold, Australia got the silver, and Ukraine and Australia tied for the bronze.
Speaker 3: People are asking me.
Speaker 1: Hello, people are asking if order right before I just now, anyone that places an order on our Olympic merch tonight is eligible. Three random orders will receive the signed bottle of Shay by Laportier. So if you placed an order today on the Olympic merch, yes you are eligible. Team USA closing group played with his fifty eighth consecutive win in a dominant, comfortable win over Germany. Jackie Young finished with a team high nineteen points on seven of thirteen shooting, including five of eight from behind the art.
Speaker 3: Breonna Stewart had thirteen.
Speaker 1: Asia Wilson had fourteen, and you mentioned Jackie Young had nineteen.
Speaker 3: And it was a dominating performance from start to finish.
Speaker 1: We rebounded them, didn't shoot a whole lot of free throws beneath the team. Then we were eight for nine, they were six for eight. But we moved to the what's quarterfinals now?
Speaker 3: Right? So we move up to the who do play in the quarters?
Speaker 6: I mean, if we moved to quarterfinals, we still have two players with no points, but still nothing to worry about, huh, because we really have any We really don't have anyone over there to to test us or can test us, or if we do, they'd have to be so efficient from the field, and I think the ladies would raise their level of play anyway.
Speaker 5: That would that if that were to happen.
Speaker 6: So I mean, I'm not I'm not really worried about you know, Tarasi and ms Gray really not over any points.
Speaker 5: I think we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: Oh yo, check this out now.
Speaker 1: Yuria made history for Africa one day after South Sudan men basketball team became the first African, first ever African team to advance to an Olympic quarterfinals of the one Nigerian women have a promptish defeat. Their seventy nine seventy victory over Canada has guaranteed them a spot into the knockout round. USA plays Nigeria on Wednesday. If I'm not mistaken, one of the Nigerian players went to Savannah State. I think their guard with the Savannah State. Yeah, that's what we do, Okay, I'm my toys the Banto State. You can get to anywhere from here, world stage media doesn't matter, NFL. You can get the anywhere from here, college by the Sea.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 5: I'm Steve Baby, I'm gonna steal that.
Speaker 1: Bobby Fink's victory in the fifteen hundred meters saved the day for the US team with the first and only individual gold medal for a US male swimmer in Paris.
Speaker 3: The men were on the Olympic team men were on.
Speaker 1: The cusp of being shut out the UH for the first time of the what one hundred and twenty years it was gonna be since nineteen oh four.
Speaker 3: Bobby Finks saved the day, so.
Speaker 1: Bobby had the US men lose the medley relay for the first time ever they had won ten consecutive gold medals. Oh joey Chinese. The China chased them down and won the gold medal. Kudos to kudos to China.
Speaker 3: Great job.
Speaker 1: Hey, eventually, mean, look, I know it hurts because, O Joe, you don't want to be the one to look to break the streak. Yeah, think about UCLA streak that they had in women's basketball or women's Yukon's women's basketball when they want one hundred and something games and you don't want to be the one. No, But eventually you do something long enough, somebody gonna get you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And in sports, when you're a team, it's kind of hard for you to retire. You can't.
Speaker 1: An individual can retire like he retired. Rocky Martino said that Floyd Maywell they retired unbeat untied. But when you're on a team, you have to keep playing. Eventually somebody gets you. The United States women relay of Reagan Smith, Lenny Ky, Gretchen Walls, Walsh, and Tory Husk dominate in the four by one hundred medley relay.
Speaker 3: They win by more.
Speaker 1: Than three seconds, setting a new world record in the process. That's the eight gold that's the eighth gold medal in these games for the Americans in the pool, clinching the battle for the most goals over Australia, who finished with seven.
Speaker 3: Hello women, y'all got that thing done. Baby, y'all got it done.
Speaker 1: Now day nine, Oh Joe, we are tied with China for the most gold medals. Nineteen blowing. We blowing everybody out of the water. With the medals only, we're twenty six clear of China. We're at seventy one their forty five. France got a big boost. They're at home forty four. Australia has thirty one, Great Britain thirty four, South Korea twenty four, Japan twenty four, Italy twenty two. Christian Faulkner dons with the Olympic gold and the women's road race, ending a forty year American drought.
Speaker 3: Hell.
Speaker 1: The last time an American one was Connie Carpenter Finny playing at eighty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kanne carp the Finny when she in la.
Speaker 5: Wait, you said, is she from Finland or Finnian?
Speaker 1: Kristen Faulkner, she's the last. She's the first American to win in the road race since nineteen eighty four. When Connie Carpenter Finny, oh.
Speaker 5: That's her last name.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I wondered that her husband, David Finny, is that her husband. I think her husband was a famous cyclist.
Speaker 5: Also, you know what I watched today that enjoyed.
Speaker 6: It was like kayaking kayaking flollowm like they dropped down. They dropped down about twelve feet and think about twelve feet and it's a race similar type like a lot of obstacle course you gotta go around a little booie.
Speaker 5: It was dope.
Speaker 3: Connie Carpenter, I think David Finny is her husband. It was.
Speaker 1: How you know, Joe, Oh you know what, I shouldn't have this use to this knowledge, man, I really shouldn't, but I do because I never know what it's gonna come in.
Speaker 3: Handy, right.
Speaker 1: Kristin Fargner didn't start cycling until after school at Harvard in twenty twenty one. She quit her job as a venture capitalist to pursue it. She wasn't even supposed to race to day until a teammate resigned. She's now the first American to win Go and for you You see how when God have something for you, yojo? Yeah, you see how when God got it for you.
Speaker 5: Can't nobody take that from you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you never listen the funny thing about it, when He has something for you, you never know when it's coming.
Speaker 5: You never know when it's coming when you least expected. Matter of fact, right when you get ready to give up, and you done all right?
Speaker 1: Always you see, when God got something for you, he'll just move everything.
Speaker 3: The teammate resigns.
Speaker 1: Your teammates says, I'm for whatever reason, I'm hurt out of the filing steph pushing aside. When God got something for you, can't nobody to block it at allbody nobody. Congratulations Christian Pagner, job well done, quit her job. But you got to have faith that you know what, she's a venture capitalist. She's stepping out on faith. That's the unknown, that's the unseen. Seeing the Bible, God says you like, look, God says, if you trust me, I'll show you. Man says, show me and I'll trust you. Come on the difference between the two. Come on, now, well, when God got that for you, ain't nobody going there, ain't nobody going now, you.
Speaker 6: Know, I ain't gonna let you get it ready with that one Oh you know, ain't felici You get it with that man? Bring it, Come on, come on, bring that to me one more time.
Speaker 1: You say God, God said, trust me and I'll show you. Man says show me and I'll trust you. You see the difference between the two. You got to show a man before he trusts you. God asked you to walk on faith and then I'll show you.
Speaker 3: Sure, right, man, we did that, that black man. I'm so happy about No Allowed?
Speaker 1: Did I tell y'all hold on back back to the top of the program.
Speaker 3: No Allowed is the fastest man in the world.
Speaker 1: He wasn't one hundred meter dash over the invincible, the unbeatable Kashane Thompson of Jamaica in a spectacular photo finished nine seven eight four to nine seven eight nine.
Speaker 3: The world.
Speaker 1: About down to the greatness of No Allows. Thank you appreciate that. I appreciate you knowing for restoring law and order to y'all.
Speaker 3: See, sometime I think that Jamaicans forget that big.
Speaker 1: It seemed like they've been on this run since the nineteen eighties, since the nineteen seventies, y'all had a rod. Do y'all know how many chances do we have in thee hundred meters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do y'all know how many stop it? Now?
Speaker 1: We had to restore order. Now we back get to our normally schedule program. Some mom bis has a request and report of an interviewers. You guys really need to stop asking athletes what's next after they win the medals at the Olympics. Let us soak it up. Let us soak up the moment. We've worked our whole line for this.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know, media be messy, they be nosy. They want to know what your plans are, what's next? And most of the time, you know, I mean, you probably have an inkling on what it is you want to do from that point because there's something you thought about even while you're doing it, because you think about in processing. You know it, after this, what am I going to do next? Or maybe in the next four years? Do I want to put my body through the strangers regimen to compete in twenty twenty eight in LA? I mean, at times they know, but it ain't the media of business, especially right after a competition, especially right after competing. But you know, the media, they gonna they gonna ask whatever. Now that's always been I don't want to use the word protocol.
Speaker 5: But you know how they do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because everybody wanted everybody want to get.
Speaker 5: They want to be first.
Speaker 6: Yes, they want to be first, to be able to say this is what so and so is doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody want to be first. I can't wait.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to run, o Joe, I can't wait to race Bobby Famous.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: And they say doing Lives came back there saying don't worry about the saying every little thing will be right.
Speaker 3: That's what he said. We played in the head said in the warm up ferid. Yeah, the Barbary say, what are you listening to? Don't worry bob.
Speaker 5: Thing because every other thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said all right, and he say, yeah, hey, you know what he want? He said, you guess what he guess what he had for his celebration meal? What rosterposta? Oh Joe, I'm just salling with it. That's that's what I'm reading the reports. I don't know if it's true. A doctor, but they say that what that man had rosterpostle.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, hey well you here boy for you here?
Speaker 3: Shoot?
Speaker 1: Oh, I forgot Scotti Scheffler choose for sixty two on the final day to win the gold medal in golf.
Speaker 3: Scottie, you know what I'm saying. Hey? You know we Hey, DJ, Callisey and we the best? Are we doing when? When win? No matter what, were the best?
Speaker 5: I need?
Speaker 3: I need.
Speaker 5: I need to get in touch with Bobby.
Speaker 1: In the words of college and another one.
Speaker 3: Chat.
Speaker 5: Somebody get me in touch with Bobby fink Man.
Speaker 1: The volume