Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the KSR pre Show. It's Monday, May twelfth. I am Shannon the Dude to being joined by Billy rut Ledgend. You can give us a call on the Clark's Popping Shot phone line at eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. You can also send us a text at five O two two six five six six five six be ore Whiskey Thief Call of the Day and the KSR pre Show, as always, is being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dinning in Lexington. As we open up the show every day with this song Stuck in the Middle with You. They were playing this Billy at the Georgetown Drive In Theater over the weekend, which is where I went to, and I almost just started into the show. It's like a mechanism in my brain that goes off when people are out in public and they hear Werewolves of London, they think that Matt's about the start talking. Now. When I hear this song, my brain just wants to go Welcome everybody. CHSR pre Show. But yeah, I had a good weekend. Went to the Georgetown Drive In, which is always fun. Saw the dumbest movie. But it's not about the movie itself, Billy, it's about the experience of going to an old nostalgic. There's very few of them left out there, and Georgetown, Indiana, right across the river has one of the coolest ones around. I mean, I don't think anything's changed since they built it back in the fifties. It's pretty cool. Have you been to one recently?
Speaker 2: Never, I've never been to one drive in Shannon. I know they have one in Oldham County, and yet I've never been. It's not the same, not the same. Tune your radio into the right channel to get the movie audio or is it one of those where you get a radio when you.
Speaker 1: Get so this one has the old school post with the old school speakers on there where you can actually attach it, or you can go to your car stereo too, so they got kind of both options. So it's really cool. I mean, if anybody has never been there, I would say, if you want to take a step back in time, that's a cool kind of date night weekend thing to do.
Speaker 2: Well, you mentioned the song, and I thought you were going to say that somebody played that in the karaoke.
Speaker 3: Contest that you judged over the weekend.
Speaker 1: How is that?
Speaker 2: I feel like that could be a torturous event if you had some bad entries into the karaoke contest, Shanne, how did that go?
Speaker 1: It was good? The good thing was like they had already rolled it down to the top eight.
Speaker 3: So we're in the second round.
Speaker 1: But for me, like you know, I don't know if you ever watched American Idol back in the day, as oh, yeah, that show's not on anymore, right it is, Yeah, it's still on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were just replaced Katy Perry with Carrie Underwood.
Speaker 1: I believe. Okay, Well that's that shows you how out of it I am. I didn't even realize that American Idol was still on the air anymore. But my favorite part of American Idol was always the preliminary rounds when everybody would come in and there were you know, they would be like somebody like William hung that would come in and start singing not Hollywood, I want to hear the ones that are awful. Like to me, that was the entertainment. But for this karaoke contest that I judged in Mount Washington at the Spring Festival on Friday, these were already like the top eight, so they kind of weeded out the bad singers got it down to the top eight. I got it down to the top four. I don't know who won. I wasn't there for the finals. Oh he didn't the finals. He was just doing the second round.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't have time to do both of those things. But I did it off Friday. It was a lot of fun. So it did the Spring Festival thing, and then got to hang out with mom yesterday. Billy, I hope that you had a good Mother's Day with your mom. I want to ask you, though, you tell me fair or foul. I told you on Friday that I was gonna take her out for lunch, right, and then we were going to go plant some flowers. I was going to get some quality time with mom and some landscaping done at the same time. That's multitasking right there, Billy, So fair or foul having mom dig her fingers into dirt and soil and plant my flowers on Mother's Day. I put my mom to work on Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta go foul.
Speaker 2: And it's only because my dad has done the same thing for maybe a decade.
Speaker 3: It's I mentioned this Friday.
Speaker 2: It feels like every Mother's Day would be the day that they plant the garden. They decided not to plant a garden this year, so it was a day without landscaping.
Speaker 3: It was a day without getting mom in the dirt and planting flowers.
Speaker 2: But I've got to generally go foul, just because I know my mom and I know her eye rolls that come every time my dad says, all right, time to till the garden.
Speaker 1: But if she wanted to, she enjoys doing it. And I don't have a green thumb. I you know, I'm not Cindy Sullivan. And if you've lived in Kentucky or especially the Lobal area for a long time, you know who Cindy Sullivan is, the weekend gardener that used to be on Whas. But I don't know how to plant flowers. So I'm like, here, Mom, i'll buy the flowers. You dig the hole and stick the plan in there, and I'll throw some water on it. And that was our quality time that I spent with Mom yesterday.
Speaker 2: From this see that's see, I don't know if that's like right. It's supposed to be a day of pampering, hin, It's supposed to be a day of coupon books and.
Speaker 1: Did you get your Mamma coupon book?
Speaker 2: No? I did, And I need to clear the air a little bit about these coupon books.
Speaker 3: Like my coupon books are handmade.
Speaker 2: They're like personalized with like hey, I'll take you out to a movie, I'll make dinner for you.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was getting text with like, you know, what are you giving your mom Chili's gift cards for Mother's Day?
Speaker 1: Why? When you were explaining it on Friday, That's what I thought you were talking about, you know, like you get the junk mail and you get that book and it has like two dollars off a slider at White Castle.
Speaker 2: And I realized that much later that I may have not explained that properly. So no, I had a great time celebrating Mom on Sunday, another great Mother's Day. And you know, Shannon and I got a picture blown up into a fridge magnet. So I thought that was a great gift. Still glowing from Friday show at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center, Shannon, I don't know about you, but that facial man, Oh, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: Let me just say I enjoyed that facial a little too much. That was my first, but it won't be my last. I'm going to go back again.
Speaker 3: I think I'm with you.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, I think I got the open invitation. When I was talking to doctor Skaggs, He's like, anytime you're in Owensboro and you need a facial, just come on by.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: We got you. So you know, I might be taking some unnecessary trips to Owensboro just to get a facial, because I'm telling you that was relaxing. It was, and if you've never had one before, get one. It's worth it. Like it was forty minutes long and they're putting this I don't know, serum stuff on you and they're like they're buffing it into your face. Maybe that's not the right word.
Speaker 2: It was like acupun you're mixed with like hot being robbed you.
Speaker 1: We mean acupuncture. They didn't stick any needles in my fat. It was like a little pokey.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you felt it, Shannon, but it just felt a little a little odd. But you know, I was kind of in a weird situation. I felt like I was at the dentist office a little bit because the person that was giving me my facial was really chatty, Shannon, and I didn't know how chatty I needed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I mean in the dentist.
Speaker 2: Chair, they've got their tools in your mouth and they're trying to ask you questions, and I'm like, for.
Speaker 1: The life of me, I never understand that. They're like, so, what have you been doing this week? I'm like, I can't talk. You got like your fingers in my mouth. I can't talk. I'm gonna bite your finger off if I try to talk right now. Why do the dentist please keep your mouth? I thought maybe it's just my dentist. Every dentist I've ever been to, though, they want to have a full blown conversation while they got your fingers down halfway down your throat, and I'm going like, I can't answer you. I just go no.
Speaker 3: So I felt the same way.
Speaker 2: And it's like kind of like this relaxing music on and it's supposed to be really zen and she's like, so, how do you like being on the radio, And like she was asking me a bunch of questions and I'm you know, nice guysh and I'm gonna be happy to answer it. But didn't know what to do in a little bit of an odd situation, but excited to go back to the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center because I've got to get one of those again.
Speaker 1: I was afraid to fall asleep because I was afraid what might happen if I fall asleep. You know, I was afraid I might start snoring and that would be embarrassing. So I was even though I was so relaxing and I wanted to fall asleep, I go, I've got a fight, gotta fight it. Plus I had to, you know, jump up and immediately jump on live radio after you had to go in the air. Well. I don't know if you saw me, but when I walked out, I was all wide eyed because it's you know, it's kind of dark in there, and it's calm and relaxing, and then you'll wake up and it's you knowing too. All these people, which by the way, Owensboro showed up. Big thank you to all. Yeah, I mean that was a huge crowd out there, Billy on Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was a lot of fun. Big thank you to everybody that came out. And I think Matt and Mario also got a facial done before they left. So we'll have to see how it went for Matt and if he was able to sit still for forty five minutes to get that done.
Speaker 3: So big thank you everybody that came out.
Speaker 1: It went well for Kentucky baseball over the weekend. Billy, Oh yeah, that sweeping Oklahoma a huge weekend series. It puts them back in the NC DOUBLEA tournament as a right now. But they got a midweek matchup with is it Northern I think they got Northern Kentucky midwell.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure who they played mid week. I think they've only got one SEC series and it's Fandy after that.
Speaker 1: So you know, I said on Friday that, you know, if you can get three of the six from Oklahoma and Vandy, I think they're in the tournament. They sweep Oklahoma, I don't even know if they have to win a game against Vanderbilt. Of course, you don't want to leave it to chance and put the you know, the deciding factor into somebody else's hand. You want to make it definitive that you are an NC DOUBLEA tournament team. But a big step in the right direction for this Kentucky baseball team that's sort of been struggling the last couple of weeks, Billy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no doubt this was a pivotal weekend. I believe they had just been swept and lost four in a row if you include the game versus Western Kentucky, so really on the brink of if you're going to make the tournament in or out. And I think this kind of clearly he puts the Cats in unless you know they get swept by Vandy and lose their midweek game, that it looks like they are going to make it because of this, So played their best when their backs were against the wall. I worked the game on Saturday, and Ryan Schwartz was only short of a double to get the cycle, Shannon, and he walked in his final at bat, and I kind of threw my pen down, man, because you want to see a little history like that. You want to see a guy hit for the cycle. How often have you seen somebody do that, Shannon? I mean, no, hitters in perfect games are rare, but cycles are something that you could see every day.
Speaker 1: Elie Dela Cruz, I think was it two years ago hit for the cycle against the Braves, and I left, I left the beat, but he got like the I forget what it was. I don't know if he needed a single or a double or whatever. It was the last hit that he needed for the cycle. He got and I left.
Speaker 2: It's a little unforgivable. Yeah, you can't believe in mid cycle, at least by Ellie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's more important seeing your the team. You don't want to win a player hit for the cycle or beating traffic, And that moment beating traffic.
Speaker 3: Was as mad he would tell you it would be beating traffic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm still scarred for my dad making me leave a Reds game early and then they hit a grand Slam as we're walking out into the parking lot. So there's there's a there's an art to leave in games early, and sometimes it can burn you, there's no doubt.
Speaker 1: Yep. So big weekend for the Batcats. Also the Kentucky softball team. We got to talk about them for a minute. They are in the NC DOUBLEA tournament. They're going to be playing in the Clemson Region versus number three seeded Northwestern. That's going to be a two o'clock game on Friday. And that's also sixteen consecutive appearances in the NC DOUBLEA tournament for coach Rachel Lawson. That's pretty impressive. Billy sixteen straight for the Kentucky softball team.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, it's been a little bit of an underwhelming year. I think they're around five hundred in their overall record in below five hundred in SEC play. So Rachel Austin's done a lot for this program, and it started it with an emotional plea about her having to get better and put her players in better positions. So I'm glad to see them make the NCAA tournament. And you know, to a degree, it's just about making the two tournament and then see what happens after that.
Speaker 3: Right, So, so do you.
Speaker 1: Do you have to work those softball games too?
Speaker 2: So will you be producing? You know, I'm not sure. It's it's it's kind of on. It's by occasion with these softball games. We don't broadcast every home game. It's just like a select few.
Speaker 1: Tournament game is a big deal. Though, I feel like what he should broadcast the NCAA tournament game.
Speaker 3: It is Saturday.
Speaker 2: I was late for my first ever broadcast and I was told the wrong pregame showtime. Hey, I'll be at the studio in twenty minutes and Darren's like, hey, you know, we go on the air in ten.
Speaker 1: So what happened then? Did they get it on the air or does somebody fill in for you?
Speaker 2: Our guy Jim Fenn was back around his laptop. He was able to insert the player interview and we switched the first two segments. So we came on the air, we played the open and then the player interview played. We went to break and then I was able to make it in studio in time to be able to.
Speaker 3: Put Darren on the air.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, maybe it was a yeah, that's that's the thing about these close call I don't know, like what people listening have have like in their mind imagination for what the radio station's.
Speaker 1: Like, but the reality is you got this building and there's not many people here. There's like you walk through the hallways like you know, it was started during COVID, but there was tumbleweeds rolling down the hall and every now and then you would pass one person who was actually at the station, but you know.
Speaker 3: Maybe twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean think about it. Usually. I mean you're at the station there in Lexington today, but a lot of times you have the ability to work from home and right. A lot of times you don't have anybody. So if somebody's late, my point being, somebody's late in your situation, a lot of times you're like, well, I guess we're we're in trouble. There's nobody here to take care of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Part of that was, you know, Darren was like, hey, is there anybody in the studio that can maybe just get it up and running and you could talk them through it. I was like, no, there's a better chance of seeing a tumbleweed in the studio and then it's somebody here in this office on a Saturday. But you know, I will say the Louisville building, there seems to be a lot more people than kind of whom Mosy's around here in Lexington. Shannon and I've come over a couple of times over the last month or so. And you guys got cup of noodles.
Speaker 3: In the kitch.
Speaker 1: Oh, we got snacks, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Snacks and drinks, bougie. We got some mean officer don hanging out of here.
Speaker 1: We got those twenty five cent Ramen noodles ready to go at any time. That's a meal. All the raw ma noodles you can eat.
Speaker 3: Made it through college on those things.
Speaker 1: Much better than at the other stage. That way, we actually had to pay for our snacks. Remember that time there was a Resi's cup that was in there during COVID and it was in there for like three years, and somebody actually got it out of there. Well, yeah, we never found out who that was. But then there was one employee that never showed up again. So what may have been that person.
Speaker 2: When they had they got sick and got food poisoning. Well, there was also a time where there was like like a there was money on the table in the kitchen, and I think we watched it for like a.
Speaker 3: Month or two and still he took it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you still got the twinkies there. I still got twinkies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody I do want to thank KSR pre show listener Tony. He got a delivery to the office and he gave me twinkies and ho hos Shannon.
Speaker 3: So we're restocked over here in the corner for the next four years.
Speaker 1: All right, if we got our snacks ready to go, we're gonna hang out here with you till ten o'clock and turn things over to ks R. We'll take your phone calls, come it up. Eight five nine twenty two eighty seven. I want to talk a little bit, a little bit about otega Oway, Billy. I don't think we talked about it much on the pre show on Friday, doing he says he's all in on the NBA draft. Oh, I want to I want to ask you if you're if you're concerned about that at all, if you think that maybe there's a chance that he doesn't come back for another year at Kentucky. And we'll talk about a whole lot more, including a hypothetical that I want to throw out there to you as well. Billy. We'll get into that coming up next year on the KSR pre show. All right, welcome back. It is the ksrppre Show, Shannon the Dude and Billy right Ledge eight five nine two A doh, twenty two eighty seven. If you want to get in and give us a shout, get an update from the karaoke contest, Billy. It was a guy named Jacob Coffin. He's singing the song Never Tried Cocaine. On Friday, he was good, do you know that song?
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't know the Congratulations to Jacob so there was a karaoke win.
Speaker 1: What did he win? I think some money. I don't know how much cash. Prez, Look, it's not it's not good a free karaoke contest. You're gonna win something and you come to the Mount Washington Spring Festival, Billy.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you bring the dude in as a as a judge. There got to be there better be a win out of this. Did you did you feel the earthquake over the weekend?
Speaker 3: Shannon?
Speaker 1: What where?
Speaker 2: Four point one earthquake Saturday morning in East Tennessee could be felt in parts of eastern and southern Kentucky. Didn't know if you had felt the earthquake at all, Shannon, I know, I don't think I've ever been in an earthquake before.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't either. Did you fill it?
Speaker 3: No? No, I just thought. I remember when.
Speaker 1: I was a kid, there was like some and I don't know why anybody believed this guy, but there was like some sort of no sterdamis you know I can project the future and tell the world's gonna end on this day Doomsday? Or guy who made this? You know, I guess I really don't know why anybody believed him, but he made this prediction. That there was gonna be a big earthquake, and people like including myself. I think I didn't go to school that day. I think my mom kept me out of school because we actually believed this guy when he said there was gonna be an earthquake. And it never happened, of course, and you're probably too young for that. You probably weren't even living, and you probably weren't even alive back you probably won't even a living period.
Speaker 3: There's a twinkle in my dad's eye at that way.
Speaker 1: I think this was back in the eighties, but there was there was.
Speaker 2: There was something in twenty twelve where I think somebody predicted the end of the world.
Speaker 3: There was even a movie that was made about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then that day came and went wrong. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think there was something that was like the end of the Mayan calendar, and that was you know, that's when how the world's going to end. But no, I've never been an earthquake before, Shane. What do you do if you're an earthquake? What's the thing you do?
Speaker 1: If you were in school, you had to get underneath your desk. That was the thing. Get underneath your desk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard you get in like underneath the doorframe.
Speaker 1: Maybe is that? Now I don't understand, Like why, okay, why would I want to hide underneath of a table or a desk. Why wouldn't you just go outside, well, where nothing's going to fall on you? Like, well, I don't know anything about earthquakes, but I'm just thinking rationally here, or at least trying to if an earthquake is coming, what do you want to be out in a field where there's nothing to fall on you?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but if you're in a school, you don't want to cause a panic and the you know, not everybody needs to run outside.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I do. And I'm saying that if I'm home and my house starts shaking, I'm not gonna hide underneath the table. I'm gonna go out the door and go out where there's nothing to fall on me.
Speaker 2: Now, if you're home by yourself, I don't know what the what the move is they go under doorframe?
Speaker 3: Is it go outside?
Speaker 1: I think it's run outside immediately so nothing falls on your head.
Speaker 2: But no, you're in school, you get under that desk because you don't want anything falling on you, right, Tornado drill. It was you know, what, do you go to the floor and put your hands above your neck? That's going to stop a tornado?
Speaker 1: The least comfortable thing ever you got to Yeah, they would take us out and you would have to, likee go up against the wall in a single row and tuck head down. The worst it was the absolute.
Speaker 2: Hands above a neck. I guess, so nothing, no shards of glass fall on my neck. Yeah, I die that way.
Speaker 1: But so nobody was hurt, I guess in the Tennessee earth I'm not sure. I didn't see details about that.
Speaker 2: I saw Chris Chris Bailey doing some reporting on it, and I just thought it was a little strange. We don't get a ton of earthquakes, I don't think around these parts. I could be wrong, but they were.
Speaker 1: On the fault line. Is it good? I think Kentucky's actually on the fault line.
Speaker 2: You know, we've seen Tornado Alley change a little bit. How it's kind of shifted from Kansas and Oklahoma to maybe the Ohio Valley a little bit. So you know, maybe we'll start getting more earthquakes.
Speaker 3: I hope not.
Speaker 1: Eight five, nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. I don't know if you watched any of the NBA playoffs. Yeah, sure, the Pacers blew out the Calves.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a chippy game too. DeAndre Hunter for the Pacers. He he got punched in the chest, pushed down, and I mean they completely blew out What was it like, it's a twenty point game, but they were at about like forty points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like forty at half time, Yeah, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the Calves were taken on the mindset, if you can't beat them, just beat them up.
Speaker 3: Calves are the one seed, aren't they?
Speaker 1: They are? They are, and they're in trouble too. My Celtics took care of the Knicks on the road. Actually didn't blow a twenty point lead this time. So they need that little blowout games over the weekend. But the playoffs are here and you can bet it all on DraftKings promo code ks R. If you're a new customer, you bet five dollars and you get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Win or lose on that first bet, you're gonna ge two hundred and bonus bets. As a new customer on DraftKings with same game, parlays, live betting, player props, fast and easy payouts all on the Draft Kings Sports Book, and the Crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem, call on a one hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply and new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms are responsible gaming resources see DKNG, dot co slash audio.
Speaker 2: You know, Matt was talking about those tickets at the garden being what eleven hundred dollars just to get in something crazy to see the Celtics.
Speaker 3: Only win by like twenty or so.
Speaker 2: So another game in Madison Square Garden tonight, Shannon, what's the most you would spend to watch your favorite team play in the playoff NBA?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm not like Celtics are my team, all right, but I'm not like hardcore, you know, NBA four.
Speaker 3: Let's see braves because you bigger braves?
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. Yeah, I don't know. Man, Like we're talking World Series.
Speaker 3: Would you pay eleven hundred dollars for a ticket for one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I don't think so. I don't think I would like, would you, I mean for a Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'd spend eleven hundred. I've told you the story. We were offered ten grand apiece for our tickets at the Super Bowl, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Super Bowl though a little bit different though than a series, you know, like Baseball, a little bit of NBA. You're playing series like this was just one game. This wasn't the final game. This was just Game three of the Celtics Knicks, right, and people were paying, you know, like I said, around one thousand dollars for one ticket.
Speaker 2: By the way, we did try to sell the tickets when we were off for ten grand apiece. It had our names on the tickets, so we could not sell them, but we tried. But my real answer is probably closer to probably around two or three Shannon. Maybe a bucket list moment to go see a World Series or a Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: If we're talking Game seven and I'm like living in Atlanta, Yeah, but I'm not dripping down Atlanta to go to a game. O.
Speaker 3: The drive is what's gonna do it for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, oh come on, man, I look, I'm to the point to where I would rather watch these games and I'm gonna sound like an old man, but I've always been like this. I would rather watch the games at home. You know, it's comfortable. I don't have to wait in line for the restroom. I can grab a beer anytime that I want out of my fridge, and it's not gonna cost me fifteen bucks a beer. It's just a lot more fun to watch them at home for me, I crowd, I don't have to worry about parking. I'm already there.
Speaker 3: I'd agree for the most part.
Speaker 2: Like but playoff games that playoff atmosphere, Shannon, even in like sports, you don't like like go to a playoff hockey game and go sit on the ice or like right on the glass there. I'm telling you you're gonna have an adrenaline rush. It's just a different, different sort of feel, like an NCAA tournament game for Kentucky or an SEC tournament. I mean, those are the things that you remember for a while.
Speaker 1: So say, I mean, like, ww oie is in Louisville tonight and I could probably get free tickets, but I don't even know if I want to go and mess with it.
Speaker 3: You know, why is it been there, done that for you?
Speaker 2: Or is it you you're too old, Then you'd rather sit at home and I get sleep before the Today Show again?
Speaker 1: I could. I can just watch it from home. You know, he can fire up Netflix and you can watch it, or you can you know, I guess be there. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I might.
Speaker 1: I might end up being there. We'll see, we'll see if.
Speaker 2: We got I'd love to know the most somebody's spent on a on a ticket to a game.
Speaker 3: Maybe Texas five oh two two sixty five sixty six five six.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll take your calls. Coming up next eight five nine, two eighth twenty two eighty seven. Shannon the Dude, Billy Rutledge KSUR pre show. We'll be right back. This is the song that he's saying. I don't think i'd ever heard this either. This is Travis Bolt.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the karaoke songs.
Speaker 1: The karaoke song. Yeah, unfortunately you can't hear it on podcast though. Uh eight five nine, twenty two eighty seven. So we're gonna get to the phones in just a minute. We talked a little bit on Friday on ks R Billy about otega Oway and you know he's saying he's all in on the draft. I kind of gave my take on it with the guys on Friday, But but what's your take on Otaga saying that he's all in. Do you think that there's any chance that he ends up drafted and you know, does it come back for another year here at Kentucky or do you think we're safe and Otega always going to be back for another year?
Speaker 2: You know, I think the odds are more in favor of him coming back than him staying in the draft and being drafted. But look, I mean, reaching the NBA is the ultimate goal for a lot of prospects, and I'm sure it is for Otega away. So he should take this process seriously, right and if he is going to do that seriously, he should say things like I'm one hundred percent in on the NBA draft. Now, the reality of the situation is, do you want to be a late second round pick? Would you rather make a ton of money in this new nil climate and then possibly be a first round pick next year? That may be more advantageous, But I'm not going to discredit a guy who has steps away from his ultimate dream saying things to the media like I am one hundred print sent invested in this process, so I think it's like, it's not even a conversation that needs to be had. I think that this is something that he should say, but that doesn't lead me to believe that he's more likely to keep his name in the draft. You do what I mean by that, Shanna?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the bigger conversation is whereas he projected to go. I don't think that there's any scenario to where he ends up in the first round this year. Is there a scenario where he could next year? I think absolutely. If he comes back at Kentucky, has another great season, develops a three point shot. He had just a couple of games where he didn't score in double digits. I mean, he was the most consistent player that Kentucky had all year long, and they sort of, you know, he carried He put the team on his back a lot of times and carried them throughout the season. So if he comes back and has another season similar to what he just had, but throws in and shows the ability to knock down a three point shot on a consistent basis, I think there's a very good chance he ends up in the first round. And then I think that's to me, that's the path he should take, and I think that's the likely path that he will take. I think he'll be back for another year, and then you're talking about making a lot of money and having a good career potentially in the NBA versus you know, if you go now, look, you're gonna make more money at Kentucky coming back another year than you would the second round in a G League. Traveling around in a stinky bus. Nobody wants to do that. It's not a glamorous life in the in the G League.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: So I don't really think there's much of a chance at all that he doesn't come that he does not come back. I think he will absolutely come back for another year of Kutucky.
Speaker 2: Think about that comparison for a second. Either it's the G League, maybe you are getting on the bus bust into some strange cities, or you could be a superstar at Kentucky, maybe a preseason SEC Player of the Year or at least one of them on a team that's top ten in the country, right, I mean, so, expectations are going to be a lot different with Otega.
Speaker 3: You know, him coming in from Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: This last year, it was almost like, let's see what we get from the guy, and he ends up being a double digit.
Speaker 3: Performer in all but maybe one or two games.
Speaker 2: Now, I feel like some fans might expect that from him every game, and will he be able to deliver to that? Will he be able to improve on his last season? I hope so, because that is the path to being a first rump in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a guy that a year ago, none of us were talking about this time of years year. We weren't even saying, you know, that was we heard all these names in practice Otega, right, his name wasn't one of them, and he ended up being the guy that was the big surprise of the year.
Speaker 2: And you're also right about maybe nil being more at Kentucky than it would be as a second round pick in the NBA.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, so yeah, I'm not saying that, you know, I like tongue in cheek. I mean, I think that's legitimate, right, I think you actually would make more money here at Kentucky.
Speaker 3: And I'm actually Kentucky, I mean, yeah, compared to some of his.
Speaker 1: And life's not bad when you're playing Kentucky basketball and you're the star of the team while you're winning that's right. And you know, I think this team is going to compete for a national title this year too.
Speaker 3: So with the roster that they throw up, strong strong words, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that they're going to be up there.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to don't think it's crazy, but I mean, I just to say it out loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if you were to say, give me ten teams that could compete for a national title next year and you look at the roster that put together, I don't think that's a crazy statement. I think that a lot of people would probably agree with that. Let's take a phone call. Let's go to Ben. What's up, Benn?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Guys? How are you guys this morning?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 1: Doing well?
Speaker 4: Just a quick question before you.
Speaker 6: Last night had a little bit of a corn bread hip and I watched one of my favorite.
Speaker 4: Sports movies ever.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you heard of it, called basketball, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 6: And I was just I was just wondering, like, if you guys could combine two sports to put butts in seats that would make people want to watch? What would you do?
Speaker 4: And I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 1: Great question, all right, if you could throw together two sports Billy what would it be? Wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's let's think about entertaining spectator sports.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna throw golf out there.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be one of my answers here, probably one of the more boring sports.
Speaker 1: But what if, like what if for golf on ice?
Speaker 2: I still think that would be a little boring because then you could you could eventually stop and then hit the ball. I was thinking more of like combining you FC with something, Shannon, like I don't know UFC with baseball or something. You got to do a ground and pound to see who gets the first base. I don't know, like get out of this headlock if you want to try to steal second to third.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting question. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Basketball is a good one though, a classic movie from the creators of South Park.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I have a really good answer for that, though. You know, like rugby has kind of like killed the man with the ball, so that's kind of like kind of like wrestling combined with soccer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I don't know if anybody's got a good answer at Shannon the Dude or at Billy ur Sports on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Let us know I don't only have a good answer for that. We'll just throw two sports out there and see if we can make it work.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, football and basketball. I don't think we can. I don't think how do you make that work?
Speaker 2: Basketball court with a football ball? You could just and it's tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's no fouls.
Speaker 3: No fouls.
Speaker 1: All right, there we go.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 1: I think we have our answer. No pads, no pads too. That's right. The Man's League. What's up? John?
Speaker 7: M Great Americans?
Speaker 1: You're a great American. I know you were happy with the baseball and softball team over the weekend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am. We mean or Oklahoma. We beat them for they gear and we're gonna beat Northern Kentucky about thirty veg instants teesy night. We don't need ten run rules, we don't. We need to go and go back to where it used to be.
Speaker 1: John says, no mercy, I'm gonna beat you about thirty. Okay, all right, Well, let's hope they can take hopefully, hopefully they can beat Northern. If they can't beat them, then we may be in trouble again. But I think they'll take care of business and then uh, we'll see what happens with Vandy over the weekend.
Speaker 7: It will be well, sweet vand and we're gonna beat it's less and also I start, he runs, he's he's Friday's that game televised? I know it's a tooth soccer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it should be televised. I don't know exactly where, John, I'll have to find that for you. I'll have to check my local listings. But I would say that game would be televise maybe if nothing else on ESPN. Plus, I don't know if they have the rights to it or not. I'm not sure how that works on softball, but I would say it's out there. You may just have to look for it.
Speaker 7: Okay, Russ get a boat to eight un rules thirty.
Speaker 1: John just wants to pulverize everybody, Like no sportsmanship whatsoever, John, short spread. John's just gonna run the score up on you. So all right, John, good.
Speaker 7: Here, run around slow bass players, not starts looks.
Speaker 4: Run the score.
Speaker 1: Ohka, backup. It's like rubbing salt and insult and injured. Yeah, John, you're getting beat by thirty by the team's bench players. All right, all right, John, that's right, Thanks for the call. We appreciate it, Billy, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I got a couple more combined sports if you want.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Uh how about basketball and trampolining, Shannon, if you remember slam ball late at no Yeah, that was that was a fun watch on TV. Chess and boxing have been combined in the past.
Speaker 1: Chests and boxing.
Speaker 3: Chess in boxing, so like I, if.
Speaker 1: I'd take your pawn, I'd punch you in the face.
Speaker 3: How does that work something like that?
Speaker 2: Maybe do a little couple of minutes of chess and then a couple of minutes of boxing, and I'm sure after the third or fourth round it becomes a little bit harder to play that chess match. But I'll keep looking, Shannon, We'll keep trying to find some we can combine.
Speaker 1: All right, A five nine two eight h twenty two eighty seven. That's the Clark's Pumping Shop pong line. There are We were talking some college basketball earlier, some rules that the NCAA committee is considering. Billy, I want to ask you if you would be four or against some of these rule changes. Okay, number one, this one's inevitable. I mean, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, but they are still considering changing men's men's college basketball to four quarters. I mean, that's that's let's do it. It's going to happen, right, yeah, I think so. I mean, what is it.
Speaker 2: Men's college is the last one doing halves at this point. Even Olympics have changed the quarters.
Speaker 1: All right. They're also considering a coaches challenge at the end of the game, so each team would receive one coach's challenge game. It could be used if a team still has a time out. If it's successful, they get another one. If you lose it, that's it, you're out. You don't get anymore. But the challenge can be used to review out of bounds calls, basket interference, goaltending, and whether a secondary defender was in the restricted area.
Speaker 2: I like this because there are some things that you just can't naturally review that this would solve. But it also needs to come with the caveat that we can't be stopping play every minute or so to review something like maybe after every the two minute mark, they'll the the officials.
Speaker 1: Start reviewing everything.
Speaker 2: But you know, we've got to speed up the end the games or even just the overall games a little bit in basketball. So I am for the challenge because I think that would ultimately put the power in the coach's hands instead of the refs to a degree.
Speaker 1: And then the final one would be some sort of continuation rule, which you know, would you know, I think the only argument against that is some people may not like it that the college game is becoming more and more like the NBA. So would you be in favor of a continuation foul? You get found, I get fouled, I can take two more steps, it'll lay up.
Speaker 2: And it's an and one. Yeah, I think I'm fine with it. You know, it's more like the NBA. And so whether whatever to make the two more alike, I'm for Shannon. So I think if if you want to keep the make the continuation a thing, I say do So, let's just not make it different between the two.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Larry from Paducah.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Larry, Okay, I'm going to combine four sports for you, and it's going to be wrestling, ultimate fighting, football, and and pro basketball. But that's just the NBA playoffs. Yeah, well, that's how you're combined four.
Speaker 1: Well, if you know, if you're watching the calves and pacers. It kind of turned into that.
Speaker 4: It was brutal, pretty entertaining, but it'll be a lot better to go watch you know, Stone Cold or somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, Larry, appreciate the call.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Larry. That's the nbas in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Right, oh yeah, like the Pistons teams. Yeah, go back and watch those guys like Bill lambier Well, Jordan Rules, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was just beat them up.
Speaker 1: Those guys were just punch you in the face. So I don't even think they got thrown out of the game. A lot of times it was like, you know what, Okay, we'll call that a personal foul. Punch in the face, just lost the tooth, but it's just a regular foul that It was definitely a different league back then, for sure. This segment was sponsored by Silk Velvet Whiskey, a historic brand revived first crafted back in the eighteen hundreds Billy eighteen eighty in Henderson, Kentucky, brought back by the Harkes family over a century later. I've talked about this cool story that Silk Velvet Whiskey has. It went away during the Prohibition era and then brought back just a couple of years ago, and we're talking about an exceptional smooth bourbon one hundred and seven proof, at least six years, aged in age to perfection and bottled for a bold Kentucky flavor with a smooth, velvety finish. I mean, I actually try to get out there Friday and they want me to select a barrel, Billy, I feel like that's a big responsibility.
Speaker 3: Wait, you get a whole barrel.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're going to send me home with a barrel, but I think they're going to do like a release and they want me to go, you know, sample some of the product and say, hey, which one do you like? And then which one I pick? They mayrol yeah, yeah. But Jacob Call is an award winning master distiller with multiple whiskeys ranked in Whiskey Advocates Top twenty in the world, and he leads his production at Western Kentucky's Distilling Company in beaver Dam, Kentucky, the second largest one percent independent distillery in Kentucky. You can check them out at Silk Velvet Whisky dot com, available on shelves across Kentucky, at liquor stores, bars, and in restaurants. Just ask for it. It's silk velvet whiskey. We're going to take a break, come right back and take more calls. In our final segment of the KSR pre Show. Final segment of the KSR pre Show Metallica right here. Billy I was having some fomo over the weekend because in Columbus they had Sonic Temple Festival, which is kind of like they're Louder than Life and Metallica played twice in the same weekend, which might sound familiar if you went to Louder than Life a few years ago. They did the same thing here. But like all these bands are playing, I'm going, man, I kind of want to be there, but you know, it's Mother's Day weekend. You got to stay home and plant flowers with mom. I couldn't go hang out and watch Metallica twice, That's right. But we got Louder than Life coming in in September, so I'll just have to wait till them. Hey five, nine, two, eight oh, twenty two eighty seven, Billy, have you fixed that crack in your windshield? Did you ever fit on that?
Speaker 3: No, it's still there. It's still there.
Speaker 1: Are you just happy driving around like with a big crack in your windshield.
Speaker 2: If you're I wouldn't say I wouldn't say happy, but it's just it's become like a floater in my eye.
Speaker 3: I just don't even see it anymore.
Speaker 1: That was a rhetorical question. I didn't need you to answer that I was leading into my road.
Speaker 3: I don't help the ad read wait, I do need to get it take thank you.
Speaker 1: There you go. Now you're playing along. If you've ever had a crack in your windshield, don't be like Billy are sports and drive around with a crack. Get that thing fixed. Right Way auto Glass makes repairs easy with same and next day as well as mobile service will actually come to you to do the repair. So call it right Way Autoglass directly. You know it could be a real pain trying to get ahold of your insurance company. Right Way auto Glass We'll do it all for you though handle the insurance claims process. They make it that easy and it right Way Autoglass. They're locally owned and operate it. They combine generational skill with cutting edge technology to repair your broken glass the right way. They have team members that are experienced, licensed and insured. They start with integrity and in with five star service. It's rightway autoglass dot com. That's rie rightway autoglass dot com. Or give them a call at eight five nine five two three ten ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Shannon, we were talking about combining sports. We've gotten a lot of suggestions about slap fighting. Have you seen those videos?
Speaker 1: If you have slapping the.
Speaker 3: Crap out of each other?
Speaker 1: I don't get it. Like the thing about okay, competitive fighting, you get to defend yourself right, Like some people would say, I don't like MMA, it's it's too it's too much. Well, okay, whatever, but at least the guy has the chance to defend himself. In slap fighting, you have to put your hands behind your back and allow somebody to just slap you as hard as they can. And I mean it could be entertaining. I guess if you like to see people just pass out from getting slapped so hard, Like they slap the soul out of these people's body. They hit them so hard.
Speaker 2: No, it's brutal. You could see the brain damage happen in real time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, like Eric suggests pickleball and slap fighting, loser takes one on the chin after the match.
Speaker 1: Well one person, Uh, suggested what tennis and ping pong, and I think we have that. It's called pickleball.
Speaker 3: That's pickleball, right, literally what it is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, i've seen clips of it. I don't know where you would find slap fighting, like is that a pay per view event that you have to pay for to see? I don't think they have it on like f S one or ESPN. They should make it a part of the ohow.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 3: No, it's slippery stir climbing and slipper racing.
Speaker 1: There you go. We're gonna combine slippery stairs with slap fighting. You can just on the see yeah, you can just slap your opponent as you're.
Speaker 3: Going up while you're up the stairs, watch.
Speaker 1: Them slip slide down the stairs.
Speaker 3: That's our answer.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Mike. What's up, Mike?
Speaker 6: Good morning, guys, love the show, Thank you, thanks for losing Mike. Yes, Shannon, So, I think the individual that predicted the earthquake was in the nineteen nineties. It was along the New Madrid fault and his name was I don't remember the first name exactly. It was Ivon with a B or Ivan with a V. Last name was Browning. Okay, yep, yeah, I mean it coust quite a bit of panic. I lived in northeast Arkansas at the time, and you know, people were thinking the world was coming to an end. And also in the nineteen seventies, I'm an old guy. In the nineteen seventies, I was working at a grocery store after high school one day and we actually had a three point eight earthquake. I was in the storeroom, we were unloading a delivery truck, and it was just like everything just shook very slight for a couple of seconds, and it was so sudden and unexpected. You know, everybody looked at each other like what just happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. That's the thing, like, you don't get warnings from your meteorologists. You just get them from people who think they can predict the end of the world.
Speaker 6: Do you have to listen to exactly? And when I'd been Browning did that? By the way, I was a human resources manager at a large manufacturing plant. We actually, in order to incent the employees to show up for work that day, we actually took a tractor trailer truck and loaded it full of supplies like water and meals and things of that nature. Because people were so panics they weren't going to come to work.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Mike appreciate it. We got to run. Thank you for the phone thanking though. Yeah, I'm looking at it here from ninth. It was December third, nineteen ninety major earthquake was predicted that it would occur, and it calls wide spread panic from people who actually believe this guy. I don't know why we would believe some guy that thinks he can predict earthquakes. Oh, there's a lot of gullible Billy. Our sports is out there right, and I was just happy because I got to stay home from school that day. Billy coming up on Friday. I don't call a lot of things must see TV. But Bill Belichick is going to be on Good Morning America. I feel like interview. I feel like we need to watch it. I mean, what's going to happen on Good Morning America this Friday. I can't wait to see it with Bill Belichick. Draftking Sportsbook promo code KSR bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bet, same game, parlays, live betting, player of props. It's all there for you on the DraftKings Sportsbook with promo code KSR. New customers bet five, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. That is it for the KSR pre show, Fun Show Today, Billy. We'll be back tomorrow and KSR is up next. We'll talk to you then. Thanks for listening, everybody,