Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckma Harrison to Montrey Moore and Newi Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Yo Yo Yo yo. Players line in the house. You got my man, heck Ma Harrison in the house. Dallas Cowboy gears looking good, looking good with the royal blue.
Speaker 4: Put it on. We got tray my boy, Trey Moore, go ahead, flash that.
Speaker 5: Always coordinating.
Speaker 6: You don't never forget it. Got the way it is?
Speaker 5: Hey, baby, what you're showing?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Showing get that?
Speaker 4: Sorry, got buried Church Toledo rocket here.
Speaker 5: I merely knew.
Speaker 4: He scrugs.
Speaker 8: Here to help facilitate the conversation. All right, guys, combined time is here and I have I've never been I love it. First off, its cold, trying to be cold. And I've just never worked for a stage with the resources where they say, hey, we want to go to that. So this is just it's just not my thing. But is the combine, in your opinion, useful.
Speaker 9: If you're talking about for the guys, that are in my opinion, at least if you're talking about the guys that are first round, top ten type picks, you know the only reason they would go up there is basically to do interviews, in my opinion, talk to the coaches, Let the coaches pick their brains. See type of personality these guys can bring. Are they a franchise type guy?
Speaker 4: But the drills for those type of guys.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: It's I don't think they're going to hurt or gain any drafts. Talk about doing that now we're talking about and my incense where I was an undrafted guy or those you know, third day guys, four.
Speaker 5: Or fifth round type of guys.
Speaker 9: It's big for them in my opinion, because you can go out there and even though a forty yard dash is not what you see in the NFL each and every down, like you got ten yard bursts here and there, nobody's really just running though straight line forty when you're playing in the National Football If you go out there and impress the scouts with those crazy numbers, workout warrior type numbers because everybody looks good and shorts, then you can improve your draft talk. So for guys that were like my incense, undrafted type guys, like I said before fourth round through later, I think the combat can be huge for them. But for guys that are bona fide first picks, you're just going up there to interview and basically chop it up with the coaches.
Speaker 6: In my opinion, it definitely is.
Speaker 10: I mean for me, I was one of those guys that got invited to the combine and unfortunately, you know, I went from being projected number one, number two overall picked to going into the third round.
Speaker 6: I say that to say that I got to.
Speaker 10: See the hype of everything going into going into their having interview and day in and day out to meet with all thirty two teams that you have there, and so it's for me it's not as pivotal as what it wants used to be, where guys everybody competed and stuff like that. We are in the new day and age, or where you said, if you're a bona fide first round pick, if anything, you're going out there hurting yourself like if I knew what I knew now, Like my I feel like my.
Speaker 6: Class was the class that set the stone.
Speaker 10: Jarvis Jones was the first guy to say Hey, go check the film like it's already the proof is in the plitting. And you had guys like me there was like, Hey, if I knew I wouldn't gonna test well like that, I should have said, hey, rely on my film because my numbers were the best one by far as the DN. So for it to be that day and age, now, yeah, why go out there and hurt your money, your stocks? And like you said, when you go out there it's cold. You're doing all this for guys that have played in warm weather climbing their whole career and don't know the nuances of warming up properly, being younger, stuff like that. You risk tearing a hamstring doing all that stuff, so it doesn't build money. But like you said, for the guys that are the laiter round draft pick, this is definitely going to build some money because you don't do a forty yard pick.
Speaker 4: Can you build more on that? For the listening audience about how you feel, like, hey, I was here, I left there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So for me at the time, I was hurt.
Speaker 10: I was a hurt puppy, But like now, going back, I realized where I made my mistakes. Like, am I mad about getting hurt there. And when I say getting hurt is this is pretty much the first wake up call for all these guys that are going out there to understand that you have meetings, you have to be on time, you have to be accountable. It's no longer somebody knocking on there, that class checker saying, hey, check in right now and do this.
Speaker 6: You have to show up early. And then on top of that, you have to.
Speaker 10: Know your body and know that, hey, I have to properly hydrate, and the fact that this is a cold weather climate. I'm going to have to go out there maybe thirty minutes early, just to warm up to like for to be a powerful explosive guy, and just for you to be quick twitching go like that pemum brittle. Don't just stretch it. It cracks right there if you do it with too much for some velocity. For guys meet like me now, knowing what I know now, I wasn't properly prepared. I didn't have those nuances. I didn't have the mental maturity to learn those things. And so going in that time, you don't think about it like that. All you think about is like, how good did I do on those interviews? And if you if you tank it, if you hear that your draft stock is dropping, if you don't have the mental fortitude or a great circle around you, you can't bounce back from that.
Speaker 6: And we see guys that slip all.
Speaker 10: The way to the draft where you're like, hey, this was supposed to be a second round pick.
Speaker 6: Where do you go from there?
Speaker 8: Let me add just one more or last thing on it. Where does the agent play in this process? When you talked about nobody knocked on the door, nobody told you to get warm, where does the agency and the group of people you're working with play, Especially since you talk about here, I went in here looking like I'm going to be a first or second round draft pick.
Speaker 5: That means the.
Speaker 8: Agency's got to know there's some money tied to trap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, agency comes into play.
Speaker 10: It's just like anything like you're this is who's representing you. This is going to be the first time that the team gets a chance to actually get to know you, and you whoever you're sending in there on your behalf have to know you, know who you are as a person in a personality to know how to sell you better when they have those questions of like cause the first thing they do is they have a long sheet that they go in there and they say, okay, he does this on the field. But then also, guess what we got all investigators to go get these reports. Is this guy this is he that, and it's going to be your agent to fight for you. And if he doesn't truly know for you, he can give you the bubble out cookie cutter answers and say, oh he's this, he's that, we got him volunteering. But if he truly knows you, that's where he can sell you. That's where those guys in the front office that respect your guys to say, hey, take a chance on this guy. Like if there's some character issues, your agent's gonna come in there. Because listen, it's like a cake. The cake is already there, you're putting the icing on it right now when you go to the combine and doing these interviews. But then your agent is just the sprinkles. He can enhance the cake, or he can make the cake a lot worse than what it is. So picking an agent is very important. So he can express to you though, but also with knowing you, he can put the parameters in line to say, hey, man, make sure you have all these alarm sets so you're not late for these meetings.
Speaker 6: Hey, man, I talked to this team.
Speaker 10: They're worried about you, and they heard that you have an attitude, but they love your attitude.
Speaker 6: Can you show up here? So guess what?
Speaker 10: Make sure you show up earlier here so that way you can show them like, hey, I've heard what's going on and this is how I'm fixing it. So if your agent has those inner in the workings in the system and knows what's going in, he can kind of help coach you up before then to fix your flaws.
Speaker 6: So it's a big part.
Speaker 9: In it, and the agents kind of getting a little bit of phased out when you talk about some of those guys that are top five type of picks, because not everything's slotted. When you get drafted that X pick, you're getting X amount of money, Like there's no negotiation up and down. You getting X amount of money. So if you're one of them top guys coming out, would you I don't even know if I would have an agent in that situation, because I'm like, I don't want to give this guy another two percent when I'm already getting the money no matter what.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't. I wouldn't.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't look me personally, knowing what I know now, I'm the business and stuff like that. If I have somebody that's business savvy, go get me a lawyer, and I'm locked in five. Of course, yes, I can do that, and potentially I could start somebody else's career. We see Jalen Hurts, we see all these other guys that have done it. But for those guys that are third round and below, you need an agent. You need that guy. Like for me, I had the same agent, which is very rare my whole twelve year career of playing professional football, Jobe Brain Like I knew that Jobey knew the workings on the inner workings of the system and talking to people, and he was able to say, hey, Demontre coming out. You have maturity issues. You have character issues as far as showing up on time and this and that. And then on top of that, my agent was strong enough, but I was so bullharunted. He told me not to run the forty like, he said, hey, don't do that, But I'm like, no, this is how I can show like I might not kill it in the interview, but I'm a competitor, and I want to go out here and do this and do that. I went out there and the cold thing. Guess what, history rights itself. I tore a hamstring and all that, and he was like, I told you not to do it. But if I had listened to him, I could have did that. So that's what I'm saying. Your agent can potentially make or break you. So for those later guys, get your agent. If you're not a first round locked inn, pick parents, whoever's out here right now. If you're looking at me at the camera, don't get an agent. Do not think that you can do what Jalen Hurts mom did or Josh Daniel the kid the Commanders his mom. He cannot do that because it's cutthroat back there like those people are in the front. Lamar Jackson, Jackson, I'm sorry, you can't. Everybody can't be those guys. Like you said, if you're a top round, top five or first round locked in, you're good. Yeah you don't need that, but everybody else you need it.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 11: I just feel like, you know, basically, you gave a lot of great nuggets on what that process is like in a ton of intel. But I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying, Barry, because I think that those guys that are in that first couple of slots, I think that the interview process is so important for them. And back to what you were saying, Demntree, but with having an agent or somebody that can absolutely take you through that process. I just go back to Dez Bryant and with some of the stuff that he went through with Miami and his interview and uncalled for questions. But I think it's something to draw you off sides. How do you deal with that? And you're gonna deal with it in with the press anyway, right, But you know, with all the years and for me man as being a fan of the game and watching the combine I've gone through and seen the Tony Mandridge, is that the guys that get drafted based off of how they they bitch, press and.
Speaker 5: You know, and all those things, and then you see a.
Speaker 11: Guy come out and broad jump or run a great forty and his stock goes up, and then he comes into the league and he performs well, I mean the Cowboys got a guy like that, Baron Jones, right, Baron Jones, And I mean he may have been overlooked in that situation because of what the small school guy. But then you see the explosiveness, you see the build, and you say, oh, this is a guy that can fit into our culture. And so I look at the scouts for the Dallas Cowboys, the head coaches for the Dolls, the head coach for the Dallas Cowboys, and just looking at those guys that are going to fit Coach Schottenheimer's system, his culture, what he's building. Get an opportunity to get these guys behind closed doors and ask those very important questions about your upbringing, who you are now. For me, Demntrey, when I think about a grown man and this plays football, that this is your dream. I should not have to have nobody knock on your door to get your behind up for the money, you know what I'm saying, for everything, for.
Speaker 5: Everything that is there, And I get it.
Speaker 11: I think when you come from a situation, especially from high school to college, where people are already catering to you, then that's another thing. But I'm just talking about the responsibility of being a professional athlete because it goes from the collegiate level to the pro level and now you have to raise you have to and I'm living in reality and I'm living and I'm living in the reality of the situation. And I think those are some of the things that when guys do come pros that you say, Oh my god, I mean, you're making twenty million dollars a year. You mean you can't show up the meetings on top I mean, And that's a normal seed in the media when you're dealing with NFL athletes.
Speaker 6: And all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 10: Is I agree with you wholeheartedly on all those sentiments when you become mature enough to understand that. But you got to remember this is you're playing a child's game for a kings ransom. A lot of these guys and kids for me, right, let's just take me an example.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna use me.
Speaker 10: But I was seventeen years old going into college, going from there, having that stability, having a TA coaches checker and stuff like that. Like I was oriented and focused and driven on that. But I didn't realize, like scholarships is every year, like this is doing that. Plus I'm the top guy, like you take it for granted because they cater to you when it comes to college. Some of these guys, this is the first real awakening. The guys that are mature enough are the guys that I think that are able to come in and hit the ground rolling unless you just have everything cater to you. Like I'm not going to even say certain players, but you know how you get drafted and they say, hey, we got to do all these things that line it up for you.
Speaker 6: The other guys, it's.
Speaker 10: Like when you're going in there doing that, Like I said, they're used to that, and they don't realize that until they have that meeting, and then all of a sudden, you go from a first round pick of having a twenty one million dollar signing bonus to going to a third round pick and only having eight hundred K. And it's like, that's a big difference. It's a big difference. That's before tax.
Speaker 8: So heck, what you're talking about, I like to break it down, it's idealism and realism. Realism is, hey man, this is you know ideally, hey, you would be on time for me to know this is because this is the way it works the real world.
Speaker 4: But the realism and what Trey is talking about is, hey man.
Speaker 8: Your habits and rituals that have started since you were in college and people were here doing this. You spend three four years like that and now you just hey, man, you go handle it. Yes, it's easy to miss it as a young person, and I know what times I have to make sure when I'm sitting here doing these shows and talking and you're now a person who's been down the road, he seeing stuff. You know now I'm old that. I tell you, man, I saw Kobe come in as a rookie and play twenty year.
Speaker 4: I mean that thing I have to reap, man, This.
Speaker 6: Is this these a kid.
Speaker 4: No iron I know, I forget it all the time.
Speaker 11: It's layered and what we're talking about is very nuanced, and I'm I'm basically talking from a standpoint of you've seen the Mannings and you've seen people come into the league that handle their business. All I'm saying is, and I don't want to get into too deep a conversation about those things. I'm just saying that the combine, to me, is the opportunity for guys to compete, show who they are, go in there and shine in the interview process. I'm with you, I'm a top ten pick. I don't have to go out there, but in the forty Okay, because the tape is already gonna speak for me. But there are guys out there that can can definitely benefit by having showing strong character, showing you know, being very good, and they don't have to be articulate, you know what I'm saying. But come on now, don't call the interview cuz they go out there and go out there and handle your business. Do exactly what you need to do so you can improve your draft stock. Because what de Montree is talking about, if you're going from a ten to fifteen million dollars signing bonus to then a eight hundred thousand dollars signing bonus, I think it'd be who's your agent to make sure you get your behind up, get.
Speaker 5: Down there and be ready to gun getting that money too. Fact.
Speaker 8: And you're saying this in the context of football, but man, I'll tell you just in my industry, when I deal with these kids, Man, some simple things you would you would think would happen don't happen.
Speaker 4: And so we look at ball players and we want to put them here.
Speaker 8: But dammit, you start looking at these kids right now across any professional But what you're doing, how you showing up like this? I mean I had, I want to I'm gonna I had two damn.
Speaker 6: It, get it.
Speaker 4: Two people.
Speaker 8: Okay, their job as interns was to log the baseball game. So it's the Pirates and the Rangers Pittsburg. Our show goes on at six o'clock. The game started at six o five. I said, well, one of you can go ahead and take lunch of somebody else watched the game. These two ladies told me now we want to go together, and we try to leave now, So who's gonna log the game?
Speaker 5: Just go on?
Speaker 4: I just logged it that this is you telling me, this is your dreams that you want to do.
Speaker 8: We're trying, and it's just logged in the baseball bro They don't did it one time they logged the game and logged it from a Pirates perspective.
Speaker 5: And I don't care about the pie. We here were talking.
Speaker 4: But someone just going back to what you're saying.
Speaker 8: Man, it's not just jeez ball, it's it's it's kids in general who don't really see the opportunity the way you and I. You and I were very different. People saw this like, man, this ship a lot of folks. And when you talented like that, and and and you know this trade, but you played with some guy.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: Nothing you could have told them, told you couldn't break it.
Speaker 10: Not there's nothing that you can correct them on because it's like you're going from college and like you said, you said three or four years. Most especially in this generation, like the social media.
Speaker 6: A lot of these.
Speaker 10: Guys have been superstars since Little League and stuff like that and been handed it, and so they're in the era of, Hey, if you do good enough here, it don't matter what you do over here. Show up, lay here, do that like you can do all that. Somebody got all out and this is gonna be the first real awakening for a lot of people to where they get up and they get down. Cause, like you said, y'all two were different when y'all were younger like that, and typically the guys that are younger and have that type of mindset, those are the guys that we see excel. The Byron Jones, he was one of the smartest and most calculated people that I know, but he was an athletic and he said, hey, I'm using this to leverage myself to be a first round draft pick, to have a long career, get paid. Aaron Donald leveraged that like those are the guys that become great.
Speaker 8: We gotta get a break in here. Let's get a break in here. We've got to go dress an issue on the offensive line. Go round the table, see what should this young man be playing at the position next year. We'll do it next with Barry Church, Treymore, Harrison, Newie Scruts plays slaunch bike to by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 12: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themeed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a PROWN sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling Problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced drama of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow the Captain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Drum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan, Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football.
Speaker 5: Rule one.
Speaker 13: Any broadcast without the express edition of Cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas Toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation and Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules raising Cain's chicken fingers one love. Go Cowboys to.
Speaker 2: The Players Lounge.
Speaker 11: The most action packed motorsport experience in the world, returns to Arlington had to A T and T Stadium on Saturday, March eighth for Monster Jam. Get ready to cheer, scream, and be amazed as Massive Monster Jam trucks take over Arlington. Tickets are on sale now at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 4: Saturday Shaturday Saturday, I'm.
Speaker 5: Tickets now, you can go fund them.
Speaker 6: The man man, good time.
Speaker 10: You go get a coke from Kroger's and then going there. Man, Hey mama, we got a free ticket. Look, I got the soda right here. Couldn't wait cold.
Speaker 14: That we.
Speaker 4: Very sure Former Cowboys for Cowboy It is here.
Speaker 8: I'm newly scrugg Play Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming Combine, going on in Indianapolis this week.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys have forty five formal visits.
Speaker 8: You can meet with a player for eighteen minutes person, and right now they are scheduled to have twelve to twelve defensive front seven guys.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, somebody listening, attacking the truck. Somebody listening. Somebody Norton positions trying to help Matt Eberflus is there.
Speaker 8: There's also a reports that the Cowboys are meeting with quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: So h Trey Lanceton.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, wait, we all knew that.
Speaker 6: Wait meet what happened?
Speaker 10: Quarter Horses, Horses in the state, Horses in the state.
Speaker 4: They have two quarterbacks who are free agents.
Speaker 8: They do that, gotta have them so they can run a quarterback on a day you know, day three.
Speaker 5: I can see it.
Speaker 6: I see it, I see it. What you needed.
Speaker 10: You have two of them that are free agents that have proven that they are not the guys. One guy has proved that he's just a guy for a week or two. Like, come on, now, most good teams have two quarterbacks that can be a starter anywhere, and then they have that guy.
Speaker 6: No disrespect to Cooper, He's just the guy. No disrespect.
Speaker 10: He's had multiple chances to prove like, okay, what has he done over his time has he not had multiple chances to start, not just start one or two weeks, but start at least four to five weeks, And has he produced? Because those guys that have had those four to five weeks, Let's go with a guy like rock Party, he went and got the starting job. Let's go think even back to the guys before them, Nick Cullins and all those that were back ups, when they had that time frame, they where it was like, we need to go to that guy.
Speaker 6: Get that.
Speaker 10: Jimmy Garoppolo when he was at the Patriots a few times that he got in there, you were like, he did enough to go do that. Has Cooper Rush did that where he said he has record, right, he has a winning record, but he showed you there's a difference between a winning record and a.
Speaker 11: But he's that you call you call him just a guy. But in his spotlight time and the thirty one other teams that if they lose their starter and their backup has to play any significant time, they're gonna finish with a losing record.
Speaker 5: That's the reason why you're the backup.
Speaker 10: This is this is true, and so that's why I said, let me backtrack with him just being just a guy. He's proven here that he's just the guy. He hasn't proven that he can take the realms and go do that. And it's like, okay, what are we doing this. We're prolonging your career and we could potentially go get younger talent and somebody may be better.
Speaker 5: Like come on now, well there's other aspects as well.
Speaker 6: Number money too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not paying it. That's the thing. I'm not paying crazy money.
Speaker 8: Get someone out there could say, based on the track record of what you've done, Cooper Rush.
Speaker 4: We'll pay you.
Speaker 8: I mean, lord knows he was better than anything. The Raiders tried it out and this is true. And so if you're the Cowboys, if you don't have a plan, and somebody else may say, hey, man, this guy can help us. It could be Kellen Moore who decides, you know what, I'll bring him to New Orleans because if I got to deal with but there, so, I mean that could so. So you have to start to say to yourself, what what are the what ifs? And oh, by the way, what do I want to pay him? But most off, and this is just a hardcore truth guy. You look at Dak Prescott's playing availability the past, you have better look at the position, and they may do it if you not draft anyone you could. You got Cooper Rush as a free agent. You got Tony Romo was a free agent. So Tony Romo.
Speaker 11: Oh, my man, my man. No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I was I was calling Trey Lance Tony. I'm sorry, I was, all right, I misunderstood. I jumped the gun back.
Speaker 6: Hold on.
Speaker 10: I can I put some pressure on him if we had to say, because obviously you can't draft too many, you always need three quarterbacks. If you had to pick Cooper Rush or tray Lan Cooper Rush, Cooper Rush. Okay, what's the XACTID? That's what I said. I didn't want to disrespect Cooper. Like when I say just the guy, it's like, hey, I think he's played enough to go get paid somewhere else.
Speaker 6: But I don't think he's paid. He I don't think he's done well enough to get paid here to sit for the money he's gonna do.
Speaker 10: I'd rather get somebody go through that young guy Lance. I'm kind of like, what is his legacy here in Dallas? What a practice he was a practice squad guy? Okay, I just I just want you traded for for him. I just want to know from what it was.
Speaker 5: It was a shot.
Speaker 10: I mean, take a shot. Don't stick what they say. We're just throwing darts at the wall. We're just trying to get ideas. That wasn't a good right, You took.
Speaker 8: A shot and it didn't pan out to anything. You ultimately did sign your quarterback that you you said you wanted.
Speaker 10: So I think he I think he did what he was supposed to though, like he put a fire up under the deck to be like, hold on, we're going to go trade away to get a former first round pick.
Speaker 14: Hey man, man, it was a fire or a big lighter. He got what.
Speaker 5: You had said.
Speaker 11: You had that saying he was a good quarterback. What quarterback you ever seen in a quarterback competition? Give a compliments? Never da saw that. It was like y'all run me my car right now, trying.
Speaker 4: To help you out right.
Speaker 9: I ain't worried about really, ain't worried about the preseason game.
Speaker 5: Where he had all the all the reps. That's what.
Speaker 9: That's what, because it was I hope he comes go somewhere and ball and look back and be like, yeah, I don't know if he's got hoping big fellow.
Speaker 6: It's down. I love, I love, I love the other.
Speaker 8: Back on, I wouldn't be surprised if trade goes and wins the championship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, back and roll right for the renegade.
Speaker 10: Hold on your first round pick. History shows you being the first round pick. You've got one more stop before you get to the other little leagues and other stuff.
Speaker 5: Play the game.
Speaker 6: That's what I said.
Speaker 5: You a turning player.
Speaker 6: You got.
Speaker 8: C f L, you would always the renegade, former HFL team that merged with the UFL.
Speaker 4: But when you start to think about.
Speaker 8: And this is just my opinion, where this league needs to get back to, you got.
Speaker 4: Dudes need to play. Fact, Drey Lance just his resume.
Speaker 8: What they they drafted a guy who didn't play a whole lot, and you kept hearing McCarthy talk about it.
Speaker 4: This guy needs to play.
Speaker 8: When you saw Brad Johnson who won a Super Bowl, you saw Jake DeLoone who took Caroline to a Super Bowl. You saw Jason Garrett who have a serviceable career, Kurt Warner, these guys all played in that World league. They played. These dudes need to play the only way to get reps is to play because the Cowboys what the most again preseason?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and then you said and then you said pretty much, and then you sit on ice Like that's why when we were If you go back to the show and I was speaking for him, it's like you're doing him a disservice, Like you're saying, hey, we threw him out here just to see what he got, but he ain't played all season. He's not even motivated. You haven't even had an inkling of doing that. And like for guys like my self that has I've been the journey man. I played in the AF before it crashed. I played in the CFL like Newly is right, Like there are so many guys up there that can play, but just need the rep and need the coaching. And if you're not the starter, you're not getting coached into this league. In the NFL, you're coming in like it's now now football league.
Speaker 6: You need to be able to play.
Speaker 10: And for some of those guys that you're drafting off those potential, yes, playing in these summer leagues and doing all these other things, go where your opportunity is, but don't put yourself out there to have bad field. So I agree wholeheartedly when you say that two.
Speaker 8: Of their best players, Brandon Aubrey, can I take went to the went to the US.
Speaker 6: You're in the usflur.
Speaker 8: MVP Aubrey Key kicked and then to be able to go from the Spring league now took a couple of weeks off summer hits. You're ready to go, and I just think the coaches don't have time to Man, I don't know, I know you to be here.
Speaker 10: But I can think of one guy that is not to the harbor on Trierry Lance and we can go to another topic, but one guy that he still can turn his career into being because not saying that he can't come back and revive it, but Josh Johnson. Think about him, how many times have he got cut and that he went and played in these other leagues, got the rest, took them the championship and had the opportunity to where he's still hanging around right now. He potentially still might get a job this year because he wasn't sitting back and just saying, Hey, I'm gonna sit here and let everybody put me in this box. I love to play football. It's a pedigree you're related to Marshawn Lynch. I'm here, like, let me go ball out on these other leagues. Show that I am serviable, serviceable to you. At least come in and be a backup. And when y'all do play me, y'all like me enough to bring me back. The Ravens are talking about bringing them half. All that half do not have. Okay, either you have it or you do not have it.
Speaker 11: Okay, You've been given opportunities to excel in this league. You've been given quality snaps. They've taken the time to make sure that he understood the scheme here and downa say, gave him the preseason games and you understood after that that he did not have it. Whether you send him to another league if he could correct those the touch on his ball, timing, all of those things.
Speaker 5: God bless him.
Speaker 11: I'm just saying, as as his time here, it was never going to work.
Speaker 5: All right, it wasn't. It's come on, guys.
Speaker 8: Mc McCarthy said it time and time again. He just needs to play. And Mike McCarthy at the end wasn't trying to waste any time on Trey Lance because he was trying to take the games one to keep his job or you to keep his profile up so he could go get another job. And he looked at it new enough to say, Man, this dude gonna kill me, but go down with you.
Speaker 6: But that's where a player, That's where the player got thrown to the wolves.
Speaker 10: That's what I'm saying, go to another lawyer, you go to the you gottegae, I get Bob Stup. I don't think he needs to go to the Renegade, but I think he can go to the XFL or the CFL.
Speaker 5: No, there ain't.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 6: The XFL is the us I mean the USFL.
Speaker 8: That that is, but I mean the U USFL and the XFL merge, so it's now the UFL. So it's okay, yah, all in the one. And so the Renegades are part of me.
Speaker 9: I was thinking of the arena team has made. Yeah, my bad, that's what I thought you were going there here in Arlington. Okay about Cooper beb Guard Center?
Speaker 4: Where should he be?
Speaker 6: Listen?
Speaker 8: Debate that next right here on the players line of Aristocrat Gaming who sponsors us on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store?
Speaker 9: Letter rip Troy all right, folks.
Speaker 15: Let's get started with the yeiy French Press and georg coalby this day's hoigt for hours and French press thirty four hounds for U six four for the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mixed waterprove bags bags of waterproofs and Ersta waterproof doubles, water prove bag bags sports mostly water should get a water.
Speaker 4: Prove Yetty bag.
Speaker 15: You gonta smell something cooking? New cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, cornback, comperence, pot pie and potatoes next over well three sizes of the Yetty cast iron Skillers.
Speaker 16: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 7: Today life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery. With forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 4: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 12: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 4: Hey Cowboy fans.
Speaker 16: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 5: Slid with the first down.
Speaker 16: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 13: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 16: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: To the players loud.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Nation Dallas Cowboys United, presented by Globe Life is now exclusively in the Dallas Cowboy App. Joined the official Fan Club to date to receive access to all the new Cowboy Drop features, team news and pre sale access, and fan and kid of the game. Download the app now to join.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Heck Maharrison.
Speaker 8: So we were cleaning things up in the break the indoor League in Frisco.
Speaker 4: That's a Friscal Fighters.
Speaker 6: There we go. I'm sorry, I apologize.
Speaker 4: Good good, good team, good team. My cousin Church played up there.
Speaker 9: But but the the.
Speaker 6: Coaching and not to hit what I was saying. They were correct.
Speaker 8: Arlington Renegade is part of the uf L which plays over in Arlington.
Speaker 5: So they're out there.
Speaker 8: That's part of the group that the Rock and his his former wife Danny Garcia. So but we have seen guys from that league, Brandon Aubrey, Cavante, Turpin come from there.
Speaker 4: Way Phillips is coaching out there.
Speaker 6: He's over there.
Speaker 10: The San Antonio team, they were they almost won the championship.
Speaker 5: Ain't no way trade going over there, man? Why not? You don't think you can go over there and made too much?
Speaker 10: Bread man, that's his pride, that's what made But that's what I'm if you could take your bench five, you got to pay for it. You got this over there playing right now and loves it. Like, that's the probably thing. If you take that away and you love football. If Trey Lance loves football, he will be over there and he will be playing. If you don't love football, then obviously you were in it for the money.
Speaker 6: Circles up.
Speaker 8: Speaking to what you're saying, this is just my guess. If this free agency comes around here and he's sitting out here without a.
Speaker 5: Deal, so what do you do? I just don't you think he gonna go down?
Speaker 6: Do it?
Speaker 5: If you want to play football for the sixteenth while he made in the league.
Speaker 10: That's the thing about it though, And that's the difference that Trey has over other guys. That's what made it easier for me to make that transition when I went over there, Like, did I feel like, oh I should be playing in the league and stuff?
Speaker 6: Yes, I did.
Speaker 10: So guess what every time I went out there, I punished them and showed them like I am a man amongst boys. But what also helped me is that I played in the league. I had that financial cushion to where I can go get a massage, and most of those guys are not getting massages. Most of those guys don't know how to properly take care of their body. So I'm treating myself like I'm still in the league. Well, also showing them what they potentially could be doing, what could take their game to the next level, and showing those guys like it's not about just showing up and going here and going home and playing the game and hoping that we get a shot. No, we need to go in here and stretch. We need to do that. And because I had that money, I was able to fly down massage therapist for other guys to help our team be dominant, and Trey Lance can go do that. On top of that, you get the experience to play, you show that you have leadership qualities and showing the organization and how to build a leadership format. On top of that, you get your skills and you just evolve as a player. So technically it is the best thing for him to go do right now. But if your pride in the way, and you sit there and you say that I'm above this, football is football. At the end of the day, when we strap up that helmet, all the same risks happen, all the same rewards happen.
Speaker 8: Going to get a championship or now he's talking benefits, your talking price, And at some point in time, the benefits have to outweigh the price, because if you ever want the price again without the benefits, it ain't gonna happen. Heck Mahrrison candis State guy. Cooper Beebe never played at all. Cowboys threw him out there, had struggles last year. He was an All American consensus All American for the Wildcats.
Speaker 4: His former college coach is here.
Speaker 8: He spoke about how BB's played all along the offensive line, and we did ask him, are you considering moving him back to guard where he was an excellent player or did you leave him at center?
Speaker 4: He kind of left it open. What would he Harrison get?
Speaker 11: Now we get an opportunity to talk about a guy that have halfo Is that such a thing as sweat equity? Is that such a thing as a guy that has already put in the time to show you that he can be a center in this league. It's not that he showed you through playing a position that he wasn't previously playing in college. But I think he wasn't all pro, it wasn't Pro Bowl. But he showed you, coming from where you had let go previously of Tyler Piattish that he filled in nicely. Right he was next to tackle, he was next to a guard that really helped him out tremendously too. Guards and Zach Martin obviously now retired my stance on this, and even looking at brock Hoffman, who was a center that he can and then complete role reversal for both of these guys. But Hoffman showed me that he can be a guard if you didn't have that, and depending on where the Cowboys are thinking as far as the draft, now, if you have an all world center that's going to fall to you in those first two rounds, now, my thinking is completely different, all right. But right now, as I sit here right now, I say that Cooper bb is your starting center, and I think that's one less thing for you to have to concentrate on, because now all I'm looking at is either left tackle, right tackle, or right guard as.
Speaker 6: An option me myself.
Speaker 10: I'm not about to sit here and say that I'm so Cohurst and all these guys.
Speaker 6: I'm aware of them. But I had to go do my research. What he said.
Speaker 5: I had to go put ears in Google's your friends.
Speaker 6: Not Google.
Speaker 10: I had to go to the sources I talk. I like to go to players because that's who's going to tell you if they're studying film and stuff like that. And so the consensus around the locker room is move them, move them to guard.
Speaker 6: Let brock do what he's supposed to.
Speaker 10: He's bigger, he's athletic, he's showing you the capability that he can do that. You put him at his position that made him the money, got him an all consensus. You have his coach coming back there, you have the foundation for everything in the makings to who's going to be that guy that's going to be the Zach Martin that's going to transition right there. So it's like he has all the frameworks right there. Let him go be that guy and excel right there. On top of that with brock Hoffman doing what he's doing, being smart, showing that he has the athleticism, the team is rallying behind him and they believe in what he's doing. You have those two guys right there that can feed off each other. Then it's like, now let's go work on the outside end. So I'm gonna go there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm I'm with you on this one when you talk about because I like how Hoffman comes in and play center. He's dirty's nasty, the type of guy that you want on your offensive line. And BB was all pro at you know, Kansas State, and that's what his position was, god guard. But I'm also against switching back and forth as a young player. And he's going into a second year, plays center all this year, then they move him to guard all next year. I'm not I'm not a fan of switching second season. Yes, second like it's I'm not a big fan of that. But I love what Hoffman brings to the table. So I wouldn't be mad if Hoffman went into that center position. You solidified it with BB on one side, and then you got my guy Tyler Smith.
Speaker 6: On the other. So so you want BB.
Speaker 5: At guard, Yeah, I would put BB at guard.
Speaker 6: That's all we want.
Speaker 5: Back of them at guard. I don't want to like that be the young.
Speaker 8: One thing that I would say that does help BB if you put him at guard is now he has to think less. He doesn't have to make the calls to read anything. You just go out here and go be nasty and do what you do. You're replacing Zach Martin. And if I take BB, put him at guard where he has some natural ability to take the experience from being a center. Now he's back over to guard a little bit easier. Put Hoffman there. What are we talking about this team? You have munch the issues you have. You don't have enough draft capital fill all your needs. You could potentially solve this right here to have to use a draft pick or free agent capital and put it in other places because lord b.
Speaker 4: Let's see what happens here.
Speaker 8: Hey, fun show is with that chore hec Mahrison'm new he struts things to Chris Josh Jass. Everybody's been a part of it here Aristocrat Gaming, thank you being sponsor players last part team on right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Comple talks you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club