Speaker 1: All right, we got your brand new episode to kick off the week. Welcome to the Brook and Jeffrey Second Date Update Podcast. And this is just a prime example of overthinking something, you know, accepting a little too literally and letting it live rent free in your head. It really ruined his whole date. But you're gonna hear what that is in just a second. And we always love to highlight you, yes, and today we are gonna highlight new begin who said love from Ethiopia Alexis stays strong being surrounded by old people.
Speaker 2: They mean us?
Speaker 3: No, WHOA?
Speaker 2: I hate that?
Speaker 1: Okay, is because you've been volunteering at a senior center.
Speaker 2: That's what they're It's about my personal life. Yeah, don't worry Brook. All right, let's get this new episode started right now.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 4: If your dating life isn't going well, Let's say you've been single for more than a year. You've been on a dozen different first dates, but not many seconds. Where do you go? Who do you talk to for advice?
Speaker 2: I hope you're saying us definitely not.
Speaker 4: Us, not first anyways. I mean we're more of a last resort.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Good, boy, if you hit rock bottom, open up the door to the basement and find us down there. That's exactly what our listener Anthony decided long before he came to us. He went to his friend seeking advice first. So I'm curious to learn more about it, Anthony. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the lowest point of your dating career, Anthony.
Speaker 2: We are so glad to be part of it.
Speaker 4: That means it feels great. The only place for you to go is up from here. All right, that's the good news. But let's start with hearing about your love life because you said you've been struggling a little bit lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have not had a lot of success with women lately.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I asked a female friend of mine for some honest feedback.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's good. At least it wasn't a guy no.
Speaker 2: But are you ready for the answer? That's always the question.
Speaker 4: Because that female feedback is brutal.
Speaker 2: If you ask for honesty, you're going to get it.
Speaker 4: Okay, what did your friends say?
Speaker 3: Well, we even did a pretend date during her work lunch so she could kind of see my game.
Speaker 4: Oh, but that's kind of smart.
Speaker 2: You like, role played that you were on a first date with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, smart, you know, we tried to do our best to recreate the real thing.
Speaker 4: That's okay, Like, now you're giving her the context of what you're actually like on a date.
Speaker 2: So that's a good friend.
Speaker 4: Someone willing to practice dating with you and kiss you even that's.
Speaker 3: I want to know what her review was, Yeah, it was pretty positive, okay, But afterwards she did mention a couple of things. All right, She said, I lick my lips a lot when I talk too.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I could see that being like a weird ick for some people.
Speaker 4: Totally. But at the same time, it means that she was focused hyper on your lips the entire date.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so don't get all negative.
Speaker 2: So you lick your lips too much?
Speaker 3: I do? I do. I didn't even realize that. And apparently I use my hands too much?
Speaker 2: Is that a thing? You can use your hands too much? Like when you talk as I do? Like, we don't all of us do that so much?
Speaker 3: Too?
Speaker 4: Animated when you talk?
Speaker 3: Yeah, animated, that's a I was going to say, I'm a handsy talker, but that doesn't sound direct.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a totally different problem. So you got all that feedback, what'd you do with that information?
Speaker 3: Well, I went on a date and I'm not sure if all of that helped or hurt.
Speaker 4: Okay, before we get too into the details. What's the name of the girl that you met?
Speaker 3: Oh? Her name is Amanda.
Speaker 4: Amanda.
Speaker 2: Okay, where'd you meet her?
Speaker 3: I met her off of the app.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, And it doesn't sound like you're having problem getting the dates, so that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never had problems getting the first date. It's the second date that's spin my issues.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, or something you're doing on the date. Yeah, right, So run us through how the date went.
Speaker 3: Well. I took her to a wine bar.
Speaker 2: You good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was trying to be very body conscious.
Speaker 4: Uh what does that mean?
Speaker 3: You know, just based on the feedback I got from her friend beforehand, I saw.
Speaker 4: About the lip licking and handslay.
Speaker 2: Got the driest lips on the It makes mind thinking about it.
Speaker 4: How are you body conscious about that stuff?
Speaker 3: Well? I was very conscious about not licking my lips. I even asked for a straw with my wine.
Speaker 4: Uh. You did you think about bringing chapstick, because that always stops me from doing, you know, licking my lips. Once you put it on, then you're like, okay, I'm better. Yeah I should have.
Speaker 3: I should have thought about that.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you helps?
Speaker 1: I mean, you actually put a straw in a wine glass and drank it that way?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was also keeping my hands down at my side, like I was just kind of bent down and.
Speaker 2: Sipped it chocolate milk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't want to get too handsy with your straw and your wine glass.
Speaker 2: Did you knock it over? That sounds like a terrible No.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't knock it over, but I don't know if she thought it was weird. You know, I was just trying to correct what my work friend had said.
Speaker 2: Did you tell her why or no?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't tell her why. I did ask her for help, though, because oh hell well, they weren't bringing the bill and I didn't want to be waving my arms around at the waiter, so I asked her to do it instead.
Speaker 4: You had her flag down.
Speaker 1: Did you tell your friend that this is what you did? She would be mortified.
Speaker 2: I think if this is how you took the advice.
Speaker 3: Listen, I was just trying to take the notes that she gave her.
Speaker 2: I know, it's sweet.
Speaker 1: It's sweet that you're trying and you're trying to improve yourself like we appreciate.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing. Whenever you're trying to fix something, you usually tend to overcorrect on the behavior too much. Do you feel like maybe that's what happened.
Speaker 3: I definitely think I went too far the other way. I even gave her a no armed hug, which I'm sure was awkward.
Speaker 1: It's you rubbed your chest up against her shoulder.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it basically in.
Speaker 4: Your defense, I'm sure it was the best no armed hug that she's ever gotten in her entire life.
Speaker 2: Does she hug you back?
Speaker 3: She did, but she kind of didn't know what to do. She just kind of put her shoulder back and drove it into mine.
Speaker 4: Oh so the feeling is mutual?
Speaker 3: Then okay, Yeah, it was not the kind of bump and uglies I was hoping for.
Speaker 4: So what's happened since? Because my guess is you're not texting her, since you're not allowing yourself to use your hands, that's the only problem.
Speaker 3: I just keep my phone down at my side when I do my texting, so I'm not waving them around.
Speaker 1: You're still practicing this no hand thing.
Speaker 5: No, I was.
Speaker 3: I was joking with that, Okay, the humor is on points.
Speaker 4: So how long has it been since your no handwine date.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been over a week and I haven't heard from her. So I feel like I said, like I went too far the other way and I.
Speaker 6: Need to redo.
Speaker 1: I think it's a sweet reason. I think if you get a chance to explain why you did that.
Speaker 3: But maybe she didn't notice. Maybe it was something else that my friend didn't notice, and that's the reason she's not getting back to me.
Speaker 4: True, could be another thing that you have to work on in your personal dating life. But we're gonna find out for sure. Either. Just make sure your lips are nice and super dry to get ready to speak to her when we come back. I have like, don't do.
Speaker 2: It, chopstick amedia, don't do it.
Speaker 4: It's not sexy. We're gonna be a sexy edition of the second Date update right after this hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Second Date Updates.
Speaker 4: You've heard of bear hugs, side hugs, triple person sandwich hugs, but have you ever heard of a no armed hug. Well, now you have, because our listener Anthony may have invented it during his first date with Amanda.
Speaker 1: It sounds kind of painful depending on how you know, point to your shoulders are it could be.
Speaker 4: But he did it because one of his female friends told him that he ends to use his hands too much whenever he talks and interacts, so Anthony was trying to overcorrect for that during his date.
Speaker 2: He definitely went to the extreme.
Speaker 4: Yes, tried to use his hands as little as possible. But most horrifying for Brooke was when he used a straw in his wineglass.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, he's still no hands, still no hands yet. I can't even believe you've got a wine bar that had a straw.
Speaker 4: A good point, but he did that because he was also told that he licks his lips too much whenever he's talking, so that was the workaround to not be licking his lips the entire time. He's worried he may have overdone it, but he's brave enough to come on the show and admit his mistakes. And you should be proud of that, Anthony.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, guys. I was thinking about it and I think it's okay if you tell her about all of the reasons why I was doing all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, okay. I think that's a really good idea, Anthony.
Speaker 1: I think that it shows that you're a person who's open to constructive criticism, that you're willing to change. Like, I think it's all positive for you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you guys telling her. I just I'm not very good at words, so I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Hell, neither are we. So this is going to be a disaster. Here we go. I'm gonna use my hands to dial Amanda's phone number, dude something. That's all the handplay that we'll get for today. And here we go. Hello, Hey, are we speaking to Amanda?
Speaker 5: Yes, this is Amanda.
Speaker 4: Hey, Amanda. You're on a radio show right now. There's a whole room of people here. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did I win something?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: We haven't had a budget for that in a lot of time.
Speaker 4: You should have called us back in the nineteen eighties. But now we're doing a segment called a second Date Update. Okay, if you haven't heard that before, it's where one of our listeners has reached out to us after he went out on a date with you, had a really good time, but he's having trouble locking down a second one, a guy named Anthony.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I went on a date with Anthony, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I like your tone. It sounds like you're remembering it in a positive way.
Speaker 4: I mean kinda okay, Okay, Well, we figured there must be something up because you haven't met up with him a second time, and we're just trying to help Anthony figure out if there's a reason for that.
Speaker 5: Gotcha, Okay, and he does have a thought about maybe why you're not calling.
Speaker 4: You may have noticed his behavior was a little different.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think he was great, Like the conversation was good, but you know, there was a few things that were kind of funny, like he drank from a straw his wine and oh.
Speaker 1: My god, did you about die when he asked the for a straw to drink his wine.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I just thought that it was kind of strange, especially like on a first date.
Speaker 1: You know, I would have assumed because I read a tip a long time ago, like drink coffee out of a straw and you won't stay in your teeth, Like, did you have any thoughts doing that?
Speaker 5: So one of my girlfriends insists that the restaurants don't clean their glasses well enough, so she.
Speaker 3: Always drinks with a strong no matter what.
Speaker 5: I was like, Oh, maybe it's something like that.
Speaker 2: Interesting, it's serious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dirty wine glasses does explain a lot of brooks odd behavior that would make it.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't ask though.
Speaker 3: I didn't ask him about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you get that Oki flavor if it's all washed off, you know, I get.
Speaker 4: It the flavor. So is that all that? You noticed the straw in the wine glass?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean. And then also, just like his texts, I could tell that he was not being genuine. It was like almost like he put it into chat gpt before after the date. Beforehand didn't seem like that, but afterwards it seemed like that.
Speaker 3: And I can't be sure of.
Speaker 5: It, but I just I've used chat GPT enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean when my friend's talking there Tesla's though, it does that. It does periods after every sentence, and you talk loud.
Speaker 2: I know, but there's just like a cadence to it.
Speaker 1: Like we used to have a sales guy who would send all of his emails.
Speaker 2: Via chat GPT and they're so cheesy and awful.
Speaker 4: So you're upset because you think that he's been using chat GPT to help write messages to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean, I'm not upset, but I'm just like really turned off by that, because it's like, I want someone to have deep conversations with me, not like an AI boyfriend. You can, you can order those actually, but I don't know that.
Speaker 2: That's really funny. I mean, I would we talk to him.
Speaker 1: It's really funny that you say that, because he did mention before we called you that he wasn't very good with words. So maybe it's just something where he didn't think his message was good enough.
Speaker 4: You know, let's give them a chance to try to use his words, because he actually is on the other line of this phone call waiting to jump in and with you.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Hey, hey Amanda, look at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are so nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just feel bad because I feel like I'm I just I don't I feel bad that I said that.
Speaker 3: But it's true, Well is it true?
Speaker 4: We don't know that.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to deny it, but there is an explanation.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, what's going on?
Speaker 3: I have, but you're not going to believe this. I was one of the inventors of chat GPT, so in a way, those are my words.
Speaker 2: No way has it been around for a long time. This is Chad chat GPT, Anthony.
Speaker 1: CHATGBT works by taking all everything on the Internet essentially and learning from that.
Speaker 4: Did you just event like a part of the technology or something? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 6: I did help invent it, and I so your justification is that because you helped do the codes for chat GPT, chat GBT is actually using your words.
Speaker 3: I mean essentially, Yes, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't you be so rich? Yes?
Speaker 4: How do we know he's not rich?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's calling us for help, like, don't don't listen to us. Don't real rich people like have assistance to do stuff?
Speaker 4: And Anthony, how do you feel that Brooke just insinuated that you're broke?
Speaker 2: I didn't say broke.
Speaker 1: They're somewhere in between, Jeff, you know you're not like I invented chat GPT rich.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: Anthony, feel free to respond.
Speaker 3: I can neither confirm nor deny, but I can at least say that I have not had luck with second dates, and that's why I came to you.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: Don't women throw yourselves themselves at you and they learn like that you're the founder, like one of the founding people of chat GPT.
Speaker 3: I don't normally tell people that because they never believe me.
Speaker 1: Girls google every guy's name they go out.
Speaker 4: They'll find out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I have no reason not to believe you.
Speaker 4: More about Amanda, Amanda, what do you think? Hearing that? Good point?
Speaker 5: I mean I'm also having trouble believing it.
Speaker 4: You don't think he's.
Speaker 1: One of those like gambles that you want to take right, Like, what's the worst that could happen.
Speaker 2: Is chat GBT if he's a founder of tat does.
Speaker 4: It even change anything? Like how patty are we? If he is a billionaire or he's not? Do you like him?
Speaker 1: I don't even date for money and a billionaire changes everything?
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, I never said I was a billionaire, and you guys are making this all about money, and that's my point.
Speaker 4: Does she like you for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did like the one date that was like okay, okay.
Speaker 4: I mean that's real Anthony face to face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he didn't ask me to split the bill, so maybe he did start checking, because I.
Speaker 4: Don't think that means either. Okay, he's got he's got enough for dinner.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's enough here that you'd want to go out and just see it.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, do a little investigation to find out what he really does for work, and if you're willing to see him one more time, we would pay for that date, Amanda.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm definitely going to google him to see if he's telling the truth. But that I would go on a second date.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't work on Google, so I don't know what that one's gonna say.
Speaker 2: Trust them, not trust kay AI mode.
Speaker 4: But you did. You did agree to another date, so this is successful. Anthony.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe AI stands for Anthony Intelligence.
Speaker 4: Anthony? Is that true?
Speaker 3: I connect her confirmed?
Speaker 5: Nor.
Speaker 3: I do want to confirm though, that I don't actually drink wine through a straw.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah that's true. Yeah, we never explained that to her, Anthony, and.
Speaker 4: She actually didn't mind. I mean she noticed.
Speaker 3: Well we can talk about all that on our next date. It'll it'll be a fun story.
Speaker 4: And just wait till you see what he can do with his hands, too.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny that you say rich people don't listen to our show when we literally had the Gates family in here as admitted fans. Are they not rich enough for you?
Speaker 1: Alexis, I wasn't here, so it's been a long time because we don't know that they still listen. And it was the kids like Jill Melinda never came in.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, kids, you don't count.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I guess you're right.
Speaker 1: I got hung up on the money aspect of it, which is not something I typically do you do?
Speaker 4: And how dare you shame all of our billionaire listeners all over the world. I want them to know that, hey, I see you and I am available for whatever. Wherever Okays are listed on my blog, you will find I will do almost anything.
Speaker 1: Jeff wants a millionaire dot com billionaire.
Speaker 4: Overall, though, I will say I am happy that Anthony was able to pull out another date. But if we do find out later that his friends suggested to tell the girl that he's some sort of AI mogul, obviously it works. So to Shay, Anthony, well done.
Speaker 2: I just want an update so I can find out if this is true or not.
Speaker 4: Me too, you know, because you can't ask chat GPT who knows what that's going to be, can do some sleuthing for us and tell us if they can find an Anthony who created a code.
Speaker 1: Yes, AI always lies to you, that's true.
Speaker 4: And while you're doing your research, go research our show. Wherever you get your podcasts, We're available Apple, Spotify, wherever you find them. Just look up Brook and Jeffrey