Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy arm Strong and and he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and ah, that's right, it's freaking Columbus Day. I completely forgot, oh freaking Columbus and all of his accomplishments. I gotta talk about that. As I heard some high school kids talking about Columbus trafficking humans and all these things that they've been taught at their public school. Oh boy, I heard this yesterday. I couldn't have rolled my eyes harder Live from studio scene Senor a dimmly lit room, deeper from the bowels of the Armstrong in Getting Communications Compound. Hey, y'all, brand new week today, we're under the tutelage of our general manager, Trump's brain. And why is Trump's brain our general manager? It would seem as though the final argument, the final pitch, the stretch runs strategy for Kamala and Company is Trump is senile? Yeah, I didn't hear that over the weekend. She released her medical records on Friday, and why won't he release his medical record? And then to start talking about things, he says rally clearly he's got dementia. Why when he releases medical records. So is this going to be the closing argument from the Airs campaign? I don't know. It doesn't persuade me. I remember Trump's doctor, who lives under a bridge, pronounced him the healthiest president ever, like nine years ago. That's good enough for me. The rich part of this, of course, is that our current president's brain doesn't work. He's the current president of the United stated, the current most powerful person in the world's brain absolutely doesn't work. And everybody knows that this isn't even a question, right, you don't need a test. Yeah, he funks the test every time he walks out in front of a camera. And he's the current president, and the vice president who's talking about Trump's brain covered it up for all those ones. He's so energetic. I can't keep up with him behind the scenes. Oh boy. And remember she said like a week ago that Biden's completely capable of handling the world affairs. I see him in the yeah, at any time of day. So yeah, it's home lying about it. So whatever, whatever, shut up. We got some good I mean, she got big on her rallies this weekend about Trump's dimension releasing his medical records. So yeah, that is fairly rich. You could almost make the argument for national security reasons, the sitting vice president should not be out on the campaign trail saying, tell you what, old Biden, whoa, he doesn't know where he is, much less which day it is. I told him that I mentioned the White House. He said, what white House? Come on, that's a decent point. I suppose you know what you do if you're Trump. What I do if I'm Trump, is you delayed. You delay the calls grow louder to release your medical you can kill, like two of the last there's only three weeks to go. Three weeks from tomorrow is an election day. You could kill the next two weeks with the growing calls for releasing your medical records. Then you release them and it's nothing, and then you know, it diffuses the whole thing. Well, you remember Biden when his records came out and they indicated that he was just in tiptop shape. It became clear that the president Kennedy for that matter, releases what they want. Sure, that's it, Yeah, exactly. So, yeah, so I think that's the way that's going to rule out. I'm distracted by the fact that it's Columbus. I'd completely forgotten until I was I'm sorry. I'm sorry racist Indigenous people's day place right so, which is why I'm broadcasting live from Aviano Air Force Base in Italy, as that is where I'm indigenous too. I expect you to respect my customs and my traditions. Long before this came became controversial. If you're a long time listening, you'll know that I would rant and rape about this is our stupidest holiday. It is by far our stupidest federal holiday. Without a doubt. The idea of it, we have a federal holiday for Columbus is insane. Yes, an explorer landed in a country that had been occupied by humans for like twenty five thousand years. We landed in islands like four hundred miles away right here or something like that. That's true. So he lands in Haiti. Yes, after years. People have been living here for twenty five thousand years in North America, and we have a federal holiday. What an achievement holiday for him, which is Joe always points out, was something that was done back in the day to get the Italians on your buying off the Italian vote. Back in the early twentieth century. I don't remember precisely when the idiotic tradition began, but so it's that stupid thing and it's been going on my whole life and it's just stupid and super stupid. Then whoever decided that, Well, Columbus came here and then Europeans came here and decimated the Indians, so it's actually a genocide. So he's part of a genocide. So we can't have a day on it, so they change it to Indigenous People Day. So my son goes to a private school, has school today, as you should. Why wouldn't your kids go to school today? That's crazy the reason. Right. Anyway, his public school friends were with him yesterday and Sam said, can I go over to their house? They don't have school tomorrow. I know, okay, well you have school tomorrow. And I said, you guys don't have school tomorrow and they said, no, it's People Day or something. I said, you know, because they're high school kids. They don't care why they have the day off. They just know they have the day. It's not like it's a funny thing that schools do too. It's like the kids are home studying all these things whatever. Day they have off, you know, sitting around watching documentaries or whatever. But they they both said, it's I said, Indigenous People Day. He said yeah, uh, they used to call it Columbus Day. But he was like a genocide or something. And the other one said, yeah, I guess he was trafficking people or something. Is the other what the other one said? And then they rode off on their bikes and I thought, wow, that's what the public school has taught them. I guess he trafficked humans or something. You know, that's what they have the day off because Columbus traffic humans. The only reassuring part of that story to me is that I'm reminded that as the lunatic teachers and administrators are trying to indoctrinate the kids, the kids don't really care. No, not on a maybe teenage apathy that saves the United States of America. I had to say, thought, except you're talking to boys, true, and the girls are different. If the girls are told you've got to believe this to get along to belong, man, that's powerful. Uugh. So a holiday that shouldn't have existed at all. So I think this is sort of significant significant Now It was just dumb before that, they took the day off for Columbus, But now that you're using it as an opportunity to teach kids that Europeans were doing something unique on the world stage, conquering territory, fighting by going to other lands and trying to take their resources. It's what every freaking body was doing. Yeah, they're still doing it, and they're still doing it, and Russia just did it in Ukraine, and China's trying to do it in the Philippines and Taiwan. It's a thing. It's always been a thing. I've got a little feature coming up, What's Up with Africa, which will make it plain that there are a dozen different wars of quest going on on that traveled continent for instance. Yeah, I wish I had recorded that. I wouldn't have used it on the airkas wouldn't have been fair. But I just for my own the two high schoolers, Yeah, it's indigenous people or something, because I guess it was a genocide or something. Sure, yeah he was Columbus was trafficking people or something. Anyway, we got to ride off on our bikes, So that's the impression that was made on them. Oh boy, we should start to show officially, we have a lot to talk to about today. Oh you're about to hear an opening clip will explain, and that's good stuff. I'm Jack Armstrong, he's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, October fourteenth, three weeks from election day tomorrow. They are twenty twenty four. We are Armstrong and Getty and we approve of this program. Let's leap into action. Then, according the FCC rules and regulations, here we go. At Markt, I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to stop you.
Speaker 2: The incidents were limited to a handful of apartment complexes, and the mayor said, our dedicated police officers have acted on those concerned. Martha, do you hear yourself? Only a handful of apartment complexes in America we're taken over by Venezuelan gangs. More while later, you know that is an excellent rejoinder, Jady, Yes it is, and we've got the whole thing for you coming up a little bit later. The Martha Raddock's position is no, Trump's exaggerating towns haven't been taken over. A few apartment complexes have been taken over. Jady Van says, whoa, whoa, whoa. You're okay with a few apartment complexes and a small town being taken over by Venezuelan gang. That's nothing to write home about. Wow, that is so common sensically. Oh great, And we'll pair that with the latest polling on deportation. That reminds me who was it who came up? It doesn't matter. I think it may have been a piece by Peggy Noonan that I first came across. The notion of the protected class and the unprotected class. Those are the two classes in America, and so much of our media and politicians are in the protected class. They're awful. Policies open borders, for instance, don't impact them, except maybe they're gardener's a little cheaper. The folks in Aurora are part of the unprotected class, and they do care about apartment complexes being commandeered by Venezuelan gangs. It is only our a couple of apartment complex who, let's not exaggerate, how crazy is that? So you got that and a bunch of other stuff on the way, A slew of polls came out. Uh Kamala Harris isn't a bad spot? Is the headline? How does mailbag look quite good? Awesome? That's on the way. Our text line is four one five two nine five kftcart.
Speaker 4: Banks are closed today, so if you got an important banking to do, you can't because an Italian landed in Haiti twenty five thousand years after people came to North America.
Speaker 2: He's hilarious and a human trafficked or something right, right exactly. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, friends. Another great Elvis Huxley quote sent along by loyal listeners. Zabo is he like a master of the pan fluid or a magician or what? Okay, it's a screen name. Is Zabo? By means of ever more effective methods of mind manipulation, the democracies will change their nature. The quaint old forms, elections, parliament, Supreme courts and all the rest will remain. Democracy and freedom will be the theme of every broadcast and editorial. Meanwhile, the ruling oligarchy, and it's highly trained to lead of soldiers, policemen, thought manufacturers, and mind manipulators will quietly run the show as they see fit. That's pretty good, oof. Zabo does sound like a off the main drag Vegas magician show. We couldn't afford Copperfield, so we went to see Zabo. It was pretty good, pretty good. The galley sodden half was like seventy. She was wearing a sensible pants suit. Mailbag. Trump us a note with you mail bag at Armstrong at getty dot com. We're having printer problems, so it wasn't so many in America. That's not having printer problems. Oh that's a good point. We're going to get to Mars and people still can't make their printers work at home or at work.
Speaker 5: Still.
Speaker 2: I like to orchestrate it. I arrange it carefully, so it may be a little haphazard today. But guys, I was reading, Oh this is from a loyal listener, a frequence correspondent Power Law. I was reading Kamala Harris got five billion dollars for lecture school buses. They're slowly hitting the road. Proponents say the bus is whose initial cost about three hundred and seventy five thousand dollars apiece, is that will boost US manufacturing and bring cleaner air for Americans, reduced planet warming emissions, et cetera, et cetera. The story never gets around to even attempting to actually quantify and compare the cost of the buses. To the benefits derived from them. For example, if the key benefit is reduction in global warming, how great is the reduction? What benefits will come from it? I fear both answers are negligible. Oh yeah, absolutely, we can't afford to spend billions for negligible benefits. But to some of the cost doesn't seem to matter. It's practically a religious issue. Correct. That is absolutely well written. Yeah, yeah, well, said Pellow. As always, let's see Frank talks about chronic pain and how to deal with it. Then he says, now, some pain is completely different. I've had kidney stones, and that requires a different strategy altogether while walking around inside of it. As Jack mentioned, makes total sense to me. I take a similar but opposite approach. First, I congratulate God on creating something so exquisitely perfect the pain. Then I imagine him and I standing side by side and observing and admiring the pain. That and a little demorroll do the trick. Oh man, I'm so glad of dodge the kidney stone stone so far. When I had my gallbladder attack, I was trying to try to apply some sort of pain stuff I'd heard before in my life but I wasn't so much pain, I couldn't even think. Oh yeah, and then you know what did the trick? Morphine? Morphine is what really worked. Yeah yeah. A special request for this the most election of our life lifetime from JT and Livermore. Even though we only have about three weeks to go into the most election of our lifetime, the weekends are so boring, So I have a special request, for the good of the country and for the sanity of your audience, can you please do your show every day, including weekends, until the winner is announced. Critic selection of our lifetime. It is the most election of our lifetime. Well, thank you for that obviously underhanded compliment. JT. I tell you what, if you own a shotgun and you can get it into the studio and you can level it at me, prepare yourself to see my blood spattered on the walls, because you're gonna have to shoot me before I do a show on the weekends. But thank you. Let's see, Oh this is good David and Oakland who writes now and again and it's always a little like this. You're a pennis thing. How disgusting are you trying to be trendy? You guys dip below the belt and come off as desperate to be cool and with it. I turned the dial having no interest in the part you are alluding to. You just couldn't help yourself. And I wonder how dense and dumb you it can be. Do you really think this is cutting edge stuff? What are they talking about? I don't know. Did we do some reference to genitalium? Perhaps in the one war Thing podcast? Do you remember Hansen something penis related? From Friday? David has been so much lately it all blends together, right, Yeah, that's a good point. Yeah, David writes occasionally makes it clear that he just despises us, and then you know, vanishes back into the woodwork. Barbaric Joe you mentioned the other day. There's no fixing stupid. The only example I can think of, writes Daniel where stupid was fixed was the Scarecrow and the Wizard of Oz. So can we get Kamala Harris to crack open a bud light and sing if I only had a brain? I don't see that happening. And then finally this from Tammy with two e's controversial Tammy, I don't recall what prompted me to Google Katie Green this weekend. But I did, and I landed on her YouTube. But the Blue Angels number one is a woman. I pictured her as a brunette, but she's a cute blonde. I'm a hetero woman, not creepily hitting on her, just saying. Two, I've only heard snippets of Jack's experience with the Blue Angels. Three, Jack and Katie could talk about their flights. Hmm, so David and Oakland. If he didn't like penis talk, he's gonna love vomit talk, so stay with us. Yeah, yeah, Katie, did you find it upsetting digestively the flight at two instances? Yes, breast of it? No, I was fine. I filled both of the vomit bags completely full. Oh really, yes, For a while they were calling me two sack Jack because I got off the plane holding both bags and some good pictures of like trophies. However, I did drink the night before and eat unfortunate food tie food, as I recall. Yes, I went out to a tie restaurant and drank when they said don't eat anything spicy or drink okay, because rules do not apply to me, No, certainly not. What are you use some sort of sheeply, which of the many polling numbers would you like to hear that are amazing from the weekend? For instance, this one, Did Biden's policies help or hurt your family? Forty five percent hurt? Did Trump's policies help or hurt your family forty four percent helped? Uh? With tiny numbers for the other side. Oh yeah, so lots of that.
Speaker 1: Stay to armstrong and getdy.
Speaker 2: So I've been loving Saturday Night Lives take on the Election, where they have all the people. They got Maya Rudolph doing Kamala Harris, they got their guy doing Trump, they got Andy Samberg doing Kamala Harris's husband, they got Gaffigan doing Walls. They all of them every week and it's really good. But if you didn't see it Saturday Night, here's the premise before we play a little clip. Since they couldn't agree to a debate or anything like that, they decided the best thing to do between Harris, the Harris family and the Trump family would be to play the family feud truck try to decide. You know where things are, and so here's the first question for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: Okay, one hundred people surveyed. Top six answers on the board. Name something that you're keeping your glove compartment?
Speaker 2: Oh, dp, Harris, Steve.
Speaker 3: Look, I was raised in a middle class family.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh, here we go. Okay.
Speaker 3: My mother raised my sister and me. All right, she worked hard and saved up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh.
Speaker 3: We had a second mother too.
Speaker 5: Okay, did that mother have a glow compartment?
Speaker 3: A small business owner named miss Shelton?
Speaker 5: Okay, we got that something that you keep in your glocal apartment?
Speaker 2: Oh a glock?
Speaker 3: See if a big old block?
Speaker 5: Oh snap, okay, so you strapped like that? All right, show me the blip blam blicket number two answer the Democrats is controlling the board.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Oh boy. I thought that was pretty funny. And the fact that Saturday Night Live is willing to go with the look I was born in a middle class family. Yeah, as a mocking thing is you know that's something if you've penetrated to that level by Kamala Harris, that snl' is bocking you for it, sure, because they think it's so mockable. And what was interesting was that it was universally recognized by the audience. They got the joke right, away right, Yeah, which will lead into some of the a little bit of the polling that came out of the weekend. Bunch of major polls came out over the weekend. But here's a little Trump at is this all Coachella or wherever he was? He was a bunch of different plays. It doesn't matter wherever. Here's a little bit of Trump and my numbers with the black and especially black men. I love black men, I love them, I love them. I'm I have gone through the roof with black men. Black. Kamala gets four more years, the entire country will be turned into a migrant camp. And that's what's happening. Millions and millions of people early voting by mail.
Speaker 1: And in person opened in errors owner earlier this week.
Speaker 2: So if you have a ballot, return it immediately, and if not, go vote, get your you know what up and vote. So the polls come out, the big poles come out over the weekend, and it's the behind the scenes stuff. Reporting is that a lot of Democrats are strategists and whatnot, are frightened to death, and they probably should be since it's basically a tide race and everybody knows that Kamala Harris really has to win the vote by at least three points nationwide to win the electoral college, and if it's tied, they're definitely losing anyway, some of this stuff like from the NBC poll basically your approval rating your feelings toward candidate's positive or negative. Trump and Harris tied at forty three for positive. So you can talk about the threat to democracy and now he's Hitler and all this sort of stuff you want, but they're tied forty three forty three. Yeah, I hate to be tied with Hitler, absolutely new. You hate to be tied with the greatest threat to our democracy since it was found out. And the main thing about that is the NBC polled their own same pole so using the same methodology September, So that's now just a month ago. A month ago on September, that whole feeling toward the candidate was forty eight Harris forty Trump. So Trump's gone up three, Harris has gone down five. Not shocking. Who was it who said the other day, Oh it was Kevin McCarthy said, Uh, she always peaks early, and then the more you're exposed to her, the less you like her. Every race she's ever run, and he is correct. Yeah, I mean that, that's clearly true. And that was always the knock on Hillary. You need to go to Wisconsin where she'd go. Wherever she went, her numbers went down right like because a person's vision of her seemed great until you actually sorry, You're like, I don't know, I like that. I mean, Kamala Harris has got that same problem. Maybe Kamala has to get back to Central America and keep working on the root causes. Get out of the country completely. Might be your only chance to win. Here's another number that came out over the weekend that I thought was pretty damned interesting, just in terms of being a vice president running for president. When George H. W. Bush ran for president as the sitting VEEP, Reagan was at sixty percent. When Al Gore ran for president with Bill Clinton as a sitting president, so he was a bit. Bill Clinton was at sixty percent, So both Reagan and Clinton were sixty percent. Biden's at forty three. So she's trying to run with a current president, her boss, same administration a lot, you know, a full seventeen points lower, and that forty three is about as high as it's been for a long time. Yeah, I suspect some of that sympathy because the guys you know, in God's waiting room, as it were. And yeah, no kidding. And then we can get into a later the breakdown of some of the racial stuff, which is really really interesting. Trump is doing way better among Hispanics and black vote than any Republican has done, and that hasn't chipped away or gone down, if anything's got up. Oh and my other favorite number from the weekend. Oh if I might jump in quickly, I thought, Keenan, what's his last tame? I can never remember it. I'm sut In Thompson. He's the funniest guy in America. Anyway. He made a joke about Democrats are losing black people. Without black people, you don't have a party, you have a small gathering. That thought, wow, that's an interesting comment. Yeah. Oh, well, to that black vote. In twenty sixteen, Democrats got ninety two percent of the black vote. In twenty twenty, they got ninety percent of the black vote. Currently in the New York Times, Senapol Democrats are getting seventy eight percent of the black vote. So that's still overwhelming majority, but that's a big drop a dozen points or more double digit drop, and it's not explained by some sort of cultive personality thing either. I mean with Trump, it's got to be well, it's probably fatigue with the Democratic Party and its empty promises on the one hand, and also just the raw economic argument Trump it can make that appeals to plenty of folks, no matter what they look like, which is the way you ought to vote, right, I think it's I think it's wrong to break it down by race and break it down by working class men. It's black, working classmen. Working classmen are by far going for Trump. Actually, men are going for Trump and women are going for Harris by pretty big numbers. If the numbers hold where they are now, boy, this will be fun for everybody's relationships. If you're straight, yeah, if you're gay, you don't have to worry about it. But if you're straight, it's going to be the biggest gender gap in the history of America, it looks like, in terms of the difference between men and women voting. So maybe just don't bring down the presidential race, you know in the bedroom. Okay, that's some good marital advice, and maybe among the biggest numbers I saw over the weekend right after Do we have a commercial we did right after this. You ever felt a sense of unease when you leave your home, just wondering whether some scumbag is going to break in and steal your stuff and steal away your sense of security. Don't feel like that peace of mind from Simply Safe. Simply Safe home security has protected so many of our listeners homes and ours for so long. The fast protect monitoring and live guard protection. Simply Safe agents can act within five seconds of receiving your alarm and even see and speak to the intruders, stop them in their tracks. Man, that's advanced. Yeah, I like it. The film piece safe system being on when I'm home, you know, and sound asleep. But every time I drive away from my home, knowing that I got cameras there and sensors and the windows and the doors and all that sort of stuff, it does give you great peace of mind. And I put that stuff in myself, didn't take very long, ordered it online, sent to my house, Probably took an hour to set the whole thing up. They've got professional help if you want that. No long term contracts cancel any time. Pricing is transparent less than a dollar a day with no hidden fees. Ever. Protect your home with fifty percent off a new simply Safe system plus free indoor security camera when you sign up for fast protect monitoring. Just visit simply safe dot com. Slash armstrong at simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe. And here's a number that the media hates. Gotta be. This one's been holding true for a while. It's up damn near sixty percent views on deporting all undocumented immigrants, almost sixty percent support for that nationwide. Wow. You want to talk about the all time example of the difference between how America is and the way it's portrayed by the media, right there there, Shiblaus. Right. So in all your debates, they get into these conversations about immigration, always presented from the progressive point of view, about how mean you've been to immigrants, locking kids in kse just in separating families and all these things. Sixty percent of Americans want anybody that's not documented now kicked out. I don't care if it's mom and dad, I don't care if it's kids, I don't It doesn't matter to me. I want all kicked out. I mean, and that's a crazy position, but it's untenable. It can't happen, it will never happen, right, But it just shows how the country feels about this. Literally, the question from those two she wolves on ABC was are you going to separate families? Are you willing to separate children from their families? Wait a minute, whoa, whoa, whoa? How did we get into the like the four hundred level micro part of immigration policy? You skipped over the fact that the border is open. Unbelievable. Trump should hammer this more, not less, And he hammers it a lot, but he should he should feel perfectly comfortable going about as far as he can on the conversation of immigration. Yeah, that's that's just astounding. Again, how do you feel about deporting all undocumented immigrants?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 2: It doesn't even say illegals. Yeah, yeah, I was thinking about this over the weekend. I was what about the Dreamers? What are you gonna do to help the dreamers? Another question that comes up in debates all the time. Help the dreamers? Aren't they like sixty years old at this point? The vast majority, the vast majority of Americans want them killed kicked out. Yeah, wow, wow, So I was thinking about it over the weekend. I was pretty surprised. The Wall Street Journal ran a news story that was essentially taking all of Trump's nuttiest pronouncements one hundred percent seriously and and more, that he'd be a dictator, that sort of thing. I got a house said down the street from me that has a project twenty twenty five horror sign in the art or something. That's right. I gotta make a note. I wouldn't talk about that, but anyway, UH tell me if I'm wrong. And you know, I think Trump's a maniac. I think his own party will restrain his worst impulses. That's what I'm counting. I think Kamala's party will reinforce her worst impulses. Well, that's a good one. You got to send that to somebody. That's a good one. The air. I mean, this doesn't count. Somebody write that down for me. This doesn't count. Get it, busy, get it somewhere important. That's really good analysis. Right, he is going to go? Or yeah, I suppose you could make the argument for both sides. You could make the argument that he gets elected president his party, his own party is going to have to restrain him. If our side, if speaking for a Kamala Harris supporter, which I'm not, if our side wins were all in together to try to accomplish these things, we're not trying to hold back our own candidate. I would put it this way, after his inauguration, Trump will be moderated by forces with an Republican party. There you go, that's a good way to put it. Moderated. Yeah, I mean the whole woke thing, oh thousand miles per hour down the train track to doom three weeks from tomorrow. Although the chance was elected obviously, the chance that we know three weeks from marrow who one is probably fairly low. Looks like we're sending one hundred troops and an anti missile system to Israel, sending troops to Israel, will there be boots on the ground, among other things we need to talk about today, it's Columbus Day, so we've got a bit of a reverential tone going. Indeed, Happy Columbus Day to U and US. Stay tuned. Fans of the Peanuts comic strip were upset after a fan account endorsed Donald Trump. Even worse, they claim that Franklin was trying to eat Snoopy. Franklin is the black character and peanits if you don't remember. Yes, you see Haitians and they're eating the pets of the people who lived there. Wow, that's a funny joke. That's good, frank I was gonna eat Snoopy. That's funny. I laughing. Boy, it's time to get serious. I'm reminded of a quote that i'd never heard from Winston Churchill. Somebody, I think one of you find folks sent it in. We were talking about World War two and the gathering storm and the rest of it, and Churchill once said, nothing will change, or nothing changes until you're attacked. He tried for years and years and years to wake up the British government, the British people, and then the Germans attacked and everybody said, Churchill's right, let's fire up the forges, let's get ready for to defend ourselves. And of course by then they've taken terrible losses and came within, you know, the English channel of being wiped off the face of the earth, along with democracy in Europe. Anyway, this is from that theme, nothing change just till you're attacked. Mystery drones have been swarming one of our most sensitive military bases for seventeen days. The Pentagon is stumped. US officials don't know who's behind the drones that have flown unhindered over sensitive national security sites, and they don't know how to stop them because it might be dangerous to shoot them down, some shrapnel might fall and hurt somebody or something, so they just let them keep flying. I saw that, and there were quotes from normal people, not like quack jobs. That's what got my attention about this story. This is you know, you hear this sort of thing sometimes and it's wacky people talking about it, but it was like it was, you know, sober minded people. Oh yeah. US Air Force General Mark Kelly got reports that these drones have been flying over Langley Air Force Base on Virginia's shoreline. Oh, for what it's worth, Kelly, who's a fighter pilot now, in general estimating that the first drone he saw was roughly twenty feet long, flying at more than one hundred miles per hour at an altitude of roughly three to four thousand feet. This is not a three hundred dollars target drone. Once again, you are right, we need different words for different things, right, because when I read that and I saw the headlining you just mentioned it, I always picture tiny little drunk like the one I saw at the high school football game flying over it so it could get pictures the other day. That's not it. This is like an airplane. Yeah. So Kelly, who's a senior commander at the base, got on a squadron rooftop to see for himself with a handful of other officers responsible for several of the nation's most advanced jet fighters, including F twenty two Raptors. Anyway, for several nights they had been reporting this mysterious breach of restricted airspace, quoting from the Wall Street General over a stretch of land that has one of the largest concentrations in national security facilities in the US. The show so usually starts forty five minutes to an hour after sunset, another senior leader told Kelly, and sure enough, they just crisscrossed the area for quite some time, a dozen or more over the following nights, and they don't know if they belong to clever hobbyists or hostile forces. Some suspected that Russia or China deployed them to test the response of US forces, which seems absolutely clear to me. But federal law prohibits the military from shooting down drunes on your military basis unless they pose an imminent threat. Remember what Elon was saying last week about most of the time this stuff is us testing super fancy stuff that is so secretive that other people in the chain of command don't even know about it. Is there any chance we're testing our own ability to pick these things up over our own national security sites, testing our own vulnerability. Maybe I'm just trying to steal a man your argument. I guess I'm just trying to figure out why we're I'm not very concerned about this. I know, I know, and having read this, and there are a couple other quotes about how you know it could be dangerous to civilians and we don't want to risk blah blah blah. And to me, it's straight out of Churchill's quote, which is why I brought it up. It was like the damn Chinese spy balloon. The idea that you couldn't shoot a town over rural Montana because it might hit like one dude out hunting bear or something. That that is a that is a fat, happy country that thinks it's it's impregnable. Well, did you read the big New York Times peace over the weekend about they got that treasured trove of information about Hamas's planning for the big October seventh attack? Did you need that to start? I see that. Yeah, that's a good one. I'll have to talk about that later. But we know all about their planning in Israel's response and that sort of thing, and Israel, and Israel was convinced that a mass wasn't interested in attacking them, and just so we don't need to worry about this sort of society. Yeah, we know they're doing drills. Don't worry about it. Right, Well, that's that's what that's where we are. Well, the story I didn't get to related. I think scale of Chinese spying overwhelms Western governments. They're spying all the time, everywhere. Our point today, be afraid, be very afraid.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty