Speaker 1: Hi, guys, welcome back. It's I Do Part two, the podcast all about finding love the second time around, and I am one of your celebrity mentors, Jen Fessler, and I am joined by my fellow mentor, the beautiful Kelly ben Simone. Hi Cal Hi. So you guys, today is very very exciting because we have one of the fabulous women from the new Bravo show which is my actually new obsession, and it is called Love Hotel. I hope you all already have heard of it. So this podcast is all about finding love again, and so is Love Hotel. And we have to talk to today one of the stars, and I just know you know who she is. Hello Ashley Darby, Hello Ji, Hello beautiful Ashley Darby. I just I have to start by telling you I'm obsessed, and I'm obsessed. It's a very strange thing because I haven't been obsessed with a new Bravo show for a while. I obviously I watch it all, but I have to say I love Crappy like I got a little obsessed there too, too loved, but this is so fabulous and if I'm being completely honest, I didn't expect it.
Speaker 2: I did not, right, I didn't either.
Speaker 3: Okay, what did you guys expect?
Speaker 1: I don't maybe because it's like on the heels also of like the Golden Bachelor, and I just I've seen so much this was And also when you think housewives, you think nastiness and conflict and bloody, and this is not that. This is like sisterhood and it's fun and you guys are bonded and you could just tell there's chemistry and the guys are fat. I don't know. It is good, I know.
Speaker 3: And that's actually why we were so excited to do it, because having come from the housewife world where you can't really share who you are some it's like your little trebidacious to be like, oh, this is what I'm feeling at the Love Hotel. It was very much encouraged, you know, and it was so supportive. And even though we're all very different, Luiyne, Shannon Gaselle and I like, we're so different, but we all had the same common goal, which was finding love.
Speaker 1: It feels like, yeah, just clicked. Also, and you did it at Grand Vealis, which is one of my all time favorite resorts in Mexico.
Speaker 2: So gorgeous and the way the sun would hit.
Speaker 4: The ball with the Flowers, but like everything from like the lighting of the show, all of you guys, like it was just the dynamic between everyone. Like I was watching it and I was just like, oh my god, this is a great show and you are really really compelling and you're just very there's something about you on the show that is like we're rooting for you, like we really really really want to even if you don't know your past, Like the way that you handle yourself in the show, Like I was like, she's gonna find it. Just get one of these guys is going to be that person. And just like the way you are in your own journey right now of like taking your time and making good decisions that are good for you and your family, like I'm getting Chelsea. I just like loved that because, like you, it just really resonates. It's like people are like, oh my god, you want to find love. No, it's not necessarily finding love. It's you know, it's really about that connection and about making things that are right for you at that time.
Speaker 3: Right, and with social beings, what is wrong with wanting love? There's actually nothing wrong with it, right, And we've all shared our stories very publicly, all four of us, so I think people are also invested in seeing us have a bit of a happy ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I really loved and I don't want to. I don't want to give way any spoilers. But in the most recent episode, you were talking about two particular men and just really sort of seeing them, like kind of hovering above and saying what makes sense here and whether or not. I don't want to again, I don't want to give anything away, but having that kind of like foresight and that sort that comes with being through and that comes with some age and saying yeah he's hot, so is he? But hold on, what's the big picture here? And I don't think you can do that until you've like I it like my and I at twenty whatever. Even if I was like, oh, look, how cute of you. I love him.
Speaker 5: I love him, shiny thing, this is the one.
Speaker 2: He's my husband. No, but it's true.
Speaker 3: And I have typically been with older men. I mean, mix husband is sixty six this year, so it's that's what I'm used to. But I really tried tilling into dating more age appropriate men. You know, it's not really my thing as much as I thought it was. Why because with younger guys comes a different level of experience and sophistication, and I'm just sort of used to a man who's commandeering, right, who like, oh, assertive and dominates. Maybe a little bit toxic in my own way, but that's what I thought I was looking for. But Wile did surprise me with having some of those traits and still being so young, you know, thirty eight.
Speaker 1: He's so cute.
Speaker 2: I'm so cute.
Speaker 1: When he came back to the room with the kit, I was like, what do you mean, come in? Are you still standing in the doorway?
Speaker 3: So respectful. The guys were so respectful that they wanted to consent to even like touch your hand, and I was like, if we don't grab this hand, okay.
Speaker 4: I also love that, just like the chivalry. You know, do you think it's chivalry is dead or do you think it's alive?
Speaker 3: And well, well, at the Love Hotel was very much alive. The guys were so just there for us emotionally, they were very respectful. They asked about my kids. I mean, people would ask about my kids every day, you know, And I was very sad because I was missing them, trying to be present in the moment because this is a great opportunity. I've been asking Andy for literally three years to put me on a love show, and finally he did so. I you know, I wanted to be fully there and present, and it was a little challenging. But the guys would just like constantly reiterate how much they like us, how much they support us, how much they admire us as women and as mothers.
Speaker 1: And Ashley, how long were you there? How long were you going?
Speaker 2: Three weeks?
Speaker 1: So three weeks? No babies, You're baby's going to come right, So yeah, no, that I had. Definitely you have young kids. How old are your boys?
Speaker 3: Three and five? But at that time they were three and five. Now they're about to be four and six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still still babies. That's hard. And do you look at did you sort of you looking at these guys in terms of like, how would they do with the babies? Well, my babies like them? Are they We always sort of sat there for you for sure.
Speaker 3: I Mean some of the guys have kids, like Ralph has children. Wale doesn't have children, but he's a very present uncle. So if you don't have kids on your own, at least you can celebrate someone else's.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, do you think that's a red flag that he doesn't have kids?
Speaker 3: I mean, he's thirty eight, and I just I know people are waiting longer these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean I wanted to get married at twenty five and I'm my first kid, but twenty seven, like, I had a whole schedule, right, and I followed it pretty much to the sea.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, No, I tell my kids now, I don't want to hear about it until you're thirty. Do you not come to me with any news about anything until you're thirty? Not that they give what I say, what are.
Speaker 4: Some of your non negotiables? Like, what are some of the things You're like? No, these are the lines in this well.
Speaker 3: We did the game with Joel where we did our red bricks, which were like the red flags and then our green flags. Yes, so I was looking for consistency, someone understands responsibility, someone who's packing in the pants, somebody who just liked you.
Speaker 2: Just say, did that? Did that slip out? What I was like? Packing in packing? Yeah, packing in the pants. Like I just was like, oh my god, I'm like, is this a new single? Like am I?
Speaker 1: It's like, I mean, I have to.
Speaker 2: Say like a song.
Speaker 1: You are younger than I am, and I know Kelly, like, how old are you?
Speaker 2: My age?
Speaker 3: You're ageless girl, both of you.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I mean this one is actually pant packing. No, I'm just saying I have a feeling. I know what it is, and it would be the last thing I would be looking. He has a big dick.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, I told Shannon, I taught her this saying of get your back broken, get your back broke. So so that's what that means. So Shannon, would you get more mysterious?
Speaker 1: So in other words, he should be able to ride you? Yes, okay, got it.
Speaker 3: So Shannon was like, back but broke.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Now she gets it and she'll be like, Ashley, got in your back broke lately?
Speaker 1: Wow? But it's ok though, Is that like a big thing? Like you want to know? Like what if he's not great in bed at the beginning? That's it got to say goodbye.
Speaker 3: That's why you know. I'm all about like waiting and all that. But you sort of got to get that out of the way in the beginning.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting. Would you care about that cow? Not that he wouldn't care everybody would care.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've had it.
Speaker 4: I've had so many different relationships where I was like so in love with being in love, and then some other relationships where I was just so I was just like.
Speaker 2: I love the sex.
Speaker 4: So now I'm trying to like take my time, uh and just kind of see what's going on and see like, am I excited to talk to him like, you know, after like a couple of weeks versus just like having sex and then being like oh my god, no, No.
Speaker 1: I just I think like at your age, I was probably definitely that would have been key. I just think if I was single now, of course it's definitely important. I don't need to minimize it, but I don't know that it would it would like I always think, well we could work that part out, Like I don't know that it would be a no togo really.
Speaker 3: I just yeah again, I mean, I'm thirty six and long.
Speaker 2: You know, you're young.
Speaker 3: Apparently the forties are where things really start getting more exciting. So I need somebody who can keep up.
Speaker 1: I can hear that, at least hear that in my forties. I can totally I talk to fifty. You are you're really yeah, you are young, You've been through a lot for thirty six, you have.
Speaker 3: I started dating Mike's husband at twenty one.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, so I was with him till I was thirty three.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now when you're gone, when you're at Love Hotel and you're meeting all.
Speaker 4: These different guys, like you know, you've had you you know, obviously married, you have children. Are when you are you meeting these guys and being like comparing and contrasting and being like, my access is better at this Like he seems like that? Because does that go through your brain or like are you just like okay, I am like open and ready to find like a new guy.
Speaker 2: What's your thought process?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: No one's asked me that, Kelly. And that's interesting because I want to feel like I'm healed and evolved to the point that I don't do that. But I think it's a human thing to use your past experiences to judge and assess a situation. So I think, like, very subconsciously, I did a little bit of comparing thinking because he is a very Michael's a very charming, charismatic guy. He's very take charge, you know, So that's sort of what I was looking for, but then I had to remember that relationship didn't work for a reason. So I have to like think about the qualities that I do want that I haven't really experienced yet maybe or that I haven't found, and not keep thinking about the past and comparing to the past.
Speaker 4: Okay, now here's another question. So you're you're talking about being evolved, So you're evolved. I'm trying, you know, emotionally and professionally and socially, so you're a totally different person. And then when you were twenty one, you know, you've been on television for so long, you're recognizable. Do you feel like being in that position was that Do you feel like these guys were like we know who she is, we know what this is going to be like do you feel like that they were like jumping on that train or do you feel like they were just like, we want to meet you and celebrate your life.
Speaker 3: Thankfully, they felt very authentic. I mean, I don't know how the experience is for you dating, but I would rather have maybe if they know my name, that's nice, or maybe have like a general idea of who I am, But if you know everything about me, like my blood type and all that stuff. That's a red flag for me, you know, like we need to have a little bit of distance between us. And again, if you're a hardcore Housewives fan, I'm wondering if you're my team, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Have to say, yes, that's the whole thing. So that's what I thought, right, Like hardcore Housewives fans, I'm picturing well me and like, no, I'm serious about women around my or a lot of gay men obviously, so, but guess.
Speaker 2: What, I guess a lot of straight man that watch Housewise.
Speaker 1: I didn't think so until I got on. No, I didn't think so until I got on, and all of a sudden my husband became a ridiculously obsessed Housewise. I don't I'm not proud of this. By the way, he's obsessed, Okay, I love it. I don't love it at all. Like he thinks he's so cool and he's coming in he's like, oh my god, I see Atlanta. He is not ok He's a lot of things. He's a wonderful man, fabulous husband. Yeah, cool is not one of them.
Speaker 3: Moving on, But at least you're the conduit for that, right, Like if you're watching him by himself, i'd be looking at him in a good eye. But fair together is okay?
Speaker 1: Do you believe that those guys, because I know they mainly said that they hadn't watched it, they hadn't heard of it. Did you believe them all?
Speaker 3: Well, it came out later that one's aunt or mother or something watched the show, so you know, in the beginning, of course they said that. But the truth always comes to light. And I felt a little some way that he didn't tell me that from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, don't tell us which who which he.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say, right and I want to know. But he's a good guy. So so who did.
Speaker 4: You most bond with and loved Hotel? Was it the whin or like who is your?
Speaker 1: Who is your?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Giselle and I are already really close, but I've never seen Gizelle this way. I mean, Gazelle has been my number one wing woman throughout the course of my separation. I love her right and she's getting better with tome.
Speaker 2: She is so wildly beautiful.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, I was like, that woman is the most beautiful woe I've ever seen my entire life.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, whoa well for you too, that must be hard.
Speaker 2: She's just around like.
Speaker 4: She's just like really really really beautiful, and just like she's very elegant human.
Speaker 3: She is she is, and she knows her worth. That's one thing I really appreciate about her that. Yeah, so she doesn't expect or tolerate anything less than the best.
Speaker 2: Because that's the she offer for you to have as a friend. Totally.
Speaker 4: But outside of your bestie, who did you like feel like you could really like talk to and like drink wine with and hang out and just be like, Okay, this is the tea.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we had our off time and we all got down with the get down. Put it that way. But I would say that Luyanne was more of my spirit animal. Yeah, Luyenne is who I foresee myself being in the future.
Speaker 1: Actually, do you ever watch her doing her cabaret When I get in a bad mood. Sometimes if I'm down about something, I just pick up the phone and I go to TikTok and I type in Sarah's over there laughing because she knows exactly what I'm saying. And I type and I watch her on that stage doing her cabaret, and immediately all as well with the bongos in the world.
Speaker 2: Say, lev there's just nothing like it same.
Speaker 3: We were singing that all around the hotel. Love it, Yes, And then of course I got to know Shannon. Shannon can be a little bit guarded, and she was also going through a very challenging time because was actually airing and it was the traumatic stuff that had happened to her the previous year.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you see you think about it in context like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's been hard to be going through that at the same time than you guys were filming.
Speaker 3: But I think it was almost cathartic for her because then we all knew what she was going through. We can understand to a degree. So it was like and we were in the bubble. There was really no outside influence, no other friends, no kids, really not a lot of responsibilities, so we were all able to just be there for each other and focus on the process. And part of the process, yes, was to find love, but it was also to fortify friendships.
Speaker 1: And I want to go to there and love hotel so bad.
Speaker 2: I love that I can't.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's no do you know, friendship?
Speaker 5: I had such a not to say that's for sure, but you know what, I did, hope because I have an evil side that like, maybe you guys were going to fight more and I don't know, only three episodes.
Speaker 1: In honesty, you go around a little bit.
Speaker 3: Jen, just just hold type.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry because I should not wish for that, but I also am from a world of housewives. I can't help it.
Speaker 2: Well, but think about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, the most eligible guy there who everybody had their sights one was Ralph and all of us made to play at Ralph. Yeah, so you can imagine how that ends up.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but don't you want to know? Like I want to corner you when the mics are down. I have to know what happened.
Speaker 2: Jen's gonna be like tell me everything.
Speaker 1: I'll get her later.
Speaker 4: So what happened with you guys? Off camera? You said you guys spent time together? Did you guys like like we literally liked having drinks and having.
Speaker 2: Fun or like well you know LeWinn Okay, I do know.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, we we actually had some off days because we had an earthquake and then hurricane back to back, so we had two days off and it was not in the plans. Everyone was like, we were all just kind of antsy. So they let us out. They let us off the reservation.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And we went to this Mexican restaurant called Rosa something. You may know it in Cabo. Shannon was raving about it, and she was right. We were dancing on the table like sparklers. It was just it was such a time.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Wait, so when you guys went off campus, did that like kind of ruin the vibe or did it like like help nurture it. I think it was sort of like when someone goes off and there it's like, oh, okay, that that doesn't land so great.
Speaker 2: No, you're right.
Speaker 3: I mean, certainly you can sort of be like the circumstances can make you almost like each other, but then once you're out of the circumstances like, ooh, I don't really like that person.
Speaker 2: That wasn't the case.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I mean we went shopping together. I need a conditioner for my hair, and all the girls are like, oh, come, and then we were doing a shopping trip to the beauty supplies store. I mean, it was really like this sisterhood that I didn't know could happen. And when I went on the show, I really just thought I was going to find a man like that was my main prerogative. And then when I got to spend time with Shannon, mainly Shannon because Shannon is a night out Okay, she doesn't really sleep, So when I got to spend time with Shannon at night, it was like, man, the other reason I came here. Well, the thing is I go to bed late and I wake up early. So it's not the best combinations I ever.
Speaker 1: Heard of in my life.
Speaker 4: I know that was like that says stress like, but I know I'm night.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm thank God. So I want to know something just dumb, but I can help it now that we have you here, Like, how did you pack for this? Because these outfits I have to say, gorgeous you guys, they are You did perfectly. I mean so far, it's only been three episodes. Maybe there will be a up somewhere, but you, so far it is you guys are on point. They are so gorgeous. These dresses, they are tropical. They were beautiful. I want to say, all four of you, maybe even a step up from House, Like I'm not saying you first, okay, I was.
Speaker 4: I just thought I was just like esthetically I was watching it, and I was like.
Speaker 1: God, it's really beautiful. Like your outfa were just to die for. You're not on you're on a resort on housewives and tropical resource. Sure doing your thing, You're running around, you take carry your kids. But was there a stylist in Bogs? You guys looked amazing.
Speaker 3: We all had a little bit of help at home before we came, but we never knew what was happening. So they did tell us preemptively, like, hey, there will be some of these themes. So there was like wear a sparkly dress, right, you know, where's something you might wear that's like Fiesta Mexican theme. Right, So we had some direction, but it was actually a lot of fun packing and wearing things that I knew would be a little sexy and show a little skin.
Speaker 1: How was the room? How was just was it comfortable?
Speaker 3: Were you well, you know, oh my gosh, it's divine. Everything was so beautiful. The food was great too, amazing. I mean I didn't I wanted to leave, but also I didn't want to leave, you know, it was bittersweet when we left went home.
Speaker 1: I mean I would I would never want When you guys went to for Ultimate Girls, you went to bart Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's different because it's like five women or you know whatever, six women on a woman's trip. This is like looking for love and like to your point, you're like dressing sexy, feeling good about yourself. There's you know, your children aren't there, Like all of your work stuff isn't there.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is right up your alley, baby, Like you need to be here.
Speaker 4: Well, I was supposed to go to meet with Luanne and like meet her like you know, her new man friends, and like go through it with her. But I couldn't excite something else to do, and so I was like, oh my god, this is gonna be so much money.
Speaker 2: She's like the best time.
Speaker 5: Love this.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, someone I'll be like, I'll take him.
Speaker 1: I love because.
Speaker 2: It was an invader. It's Kelly.
Speaker 1: Kelly had some time with some of the Golden Bachelors from that show I have had. She has some interesting moments with a few of those. She played dating game with them. But I think it's the French guy. Was he one of the yes.
Speaker 2: Pascal other ones? Yes, Okay.
Speaker 4: I love fun with the Golden Bachelors are so so fun. They're dynamic, they are very dynamic. Yeah, they are are actually sensational.
Speaker 1: Do you guys feel like though it's like The Golden Bachelor, I do Part two, all of this stuff is there's a I feel like this resurgence, there's something I feel like, there's so much agism. Of course I think that I'm whatever, I'm older, but I feel like there's so much agism, not just in you know, society, but like specifically even sometimes in reality TV. And I think, like all of this is so cool because I find it so much more interesting to watch Love Hotel, for instance, then let's say Bachelor in Paradise, Like I've seen that, been there, done that. Well I haven't been there, done that, but like, I love this stuff. It's very cool to see women who have been through stuff of a certain agent. Again, now you're way younger, but still like watching. You know, I don't know how old is Giselle. She seems younger. Also, shann is like my age, right, shann is right, and Luanne is my age to our age pretty much right. It's cool to watch these women in these scenarios the way they're handling it.
Speaker 3: You know, because also you have some baggage like bringing and that comes out and we have to talk about it. And even that tiff between Early and Shannon was about some of the things that Earl had experienced that was triggered by something Shannon said, right, right, and even Shannon maybe not even being super self aware about some of the things she was doing because of her past relationship. So it really put all of us under a microscope, like, right, this is what I also bring.
Speaker 4: You know, it's interesting you just said that about about being triggered, and I feel like, you know, I have younger, younger kids without younger, but they're in their you know, their twenties and they're like out there dating, but they never talk about stuff like this. They never talk about this guy triggering me or that happening. And I feel like, to Jen's point, it's so much more exciting and interesting to date at our age where you're unbiased, but like because just like you were more interested in, like what what affected your partner and like how you can help, you know, help them through the that you know, all of those things, and whether that's you know, just listening or you know, being a you know, good sounding board or you know whatever giving them good advice, but like it doesn't happen when you're younger. And I also think for you, which is fascinating is that you have dated and be ben had relationships with men of different ages. And how you're so open to doing something totally different from what you're used to and you're being out of your comfort zone, I think is so cool. And it's also different than what we had before.
Speaker 1: You also were married to two men that was considerably older. Yes, so would you do would you look for that again?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No? Yeah, I agree. I think it's I mean nothing nothing against I'm not here to bash people, but like when I met Pascal with and Jen was on my date.
Speaker 2: Jen was on my date, was like, don't ask her that that's not a.
Speaker 1: Free way, not a three wheel, go on.
Speaker 2: A three wheel?
Speaker 1: No, that was not match.
Speaker 4: When Jen was on my day and he'd just come from Bachelor Nation and he's such a nice guy from Illinois and I'm from Illinois, and you know, he's French, and he was talking about being a he's a hairdresser, but he was talking about being photographer and I was like, I'm sorry, no, I can't do this.
Speaker 2: I saw you John, I was like I can't.
Speaker 4: I just yeah, And then telling me how he's going to do all these romantic things, and I was like, Jen, this is not going to work out.
Speaker 1: I can totally hear that from both of you. You wouldn't want to maybe get back, you know what I mean? Like, Yeah, if I was single now, I would only want to date guys that were considerably older. I would be open, obviously, because you have to be, but I would I mean, my husband is sixty two. I'm fifty six, so but I would look right into the seventies. I'd be all about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm got a call false on that note. You know, I see you do in your tone and like a nice little late thirties.
Speaker 2: I have seen you say that now.
Speaker 3: And you know, obviously I don't anything to happen with you in your house.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I just think you might be a little curious.
Speaker 1: I don't listen. I did my thing.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: Believe me when I tell you, and I mean, I'm, you know, hosting this podcast. I do part two even though I've been married, because I was separated for like a year and a half, and I dipped my toe a lot, and I did my toe as a young person a lot too much. I hope my kids aren't listening, but no, you gotta live. I lived, I lived in that sense, and I just feel like at this point in my life, what I want is and again I don't actually you're younger, like I feel like we're I don't want to. You know, this was not for you about necessarily being an older person. It was about doing it again. You're an old soul. You started at twenty one. Yeah, most definitely, so the age might not is doesn't necessarily correspond, but like you comment things with a different vantage point, right. But if I was doing again, what I would want is what I have now, which is peace. I would want a brand somebody who you guys talk a lot about want to laugh. I'd want to be able to laugh with that person. My husband is not that funny, but I am and he laughs, so like whatever balance, yes, but I would just want it to be you know, so sounds so tripe like best friends. Like he'd have to have a certain amount of money. I'm just being honest. I'm not there's problem, by the way, is what it is. Yes, And he'd have to be easy, and he'd have to be funny and kind and I don't know that he need to have a what is he?
Speaker 2: Would you say packing in the pants?
Speaker 1: I don't know that you have to be packing in the pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I vibrator pack something in your pants in.
Speaker 3: Your bag, Kara, Yeah no, I like I like the flesh. You know, I was riding with you for a long time till you got to that part. But you know, I mean, and it's not a shallow thing. I think I'm just more self And I think another thing too, is at you know, this evolved time, this evolution, I'm able to vocalize what I want and.
Speaker 1: Before I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I felt maybe a little self conscious, being like this is what I need from you. This is how I need you to love me.
Speaker 1: It's different, you know.
Speaker 2: But what about you talked about kids.
Speaker 4: So let's say one of these guys is like, I am so crazy about you and I want to have a child.
Speaker 2: The record stops.
Speaker 1: Unless it was really packing in the pants.
Speaker 2: Back in the band, just like, okay, you're a try pod. It's fine, right? Did I say that loud? Yes?
Speaker 3: Bral on the same patrio.
Speaker 2: Yeah no.
Speaker 3: The It's also a very big financial thing because you know.
Speaker 1: Kids are not cheap.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm paying twenty thousand dollars for preschool Montessori like.
Speaker 2: We just waiting, just wait till they go to college.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, see, I just finished everything. I'm like, oh god, I was like wow. I was like, I was like, oh my god, I'm just going to buy those shoes, and I just don't. I'm not like, oh my god, I can't buy those shoes.
Speaker 1: Stop bragging my kids. In law school, we never paid more for Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It's a good investment.
Speaker 2: It's an investment.
Speaker 1: You don't think about it that way, but still fair enough.
Speaker 2: I really like shoes. Yeah. So singing, Yes, I watched this video of you singing. You have a beautiful voice.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I enjoy it a lot. Did you and Luanne sing on the show together? Yes, we did sing guys singing something to live for. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's on camera now and I think.
Speaker 2: Of it, but you're wearing a fedora is all I want to know.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I went into Luane's room and she fitted me in the door and a fedora that fit my face oh wow, and my bone structure.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: She was very intentional about that.
Speaker 4: Jam Sash, Duane and I were in Morocco. We she had she shared Her room was right next to mine, and at night we were just She'd be like, what are you doing. I'm like, I'm just laying bad. She's like come over. I'm like okay, I'm like, I'm in my underwear. She's like, fine, coming. We would literally sit there in our underwear, drinking wine. I was like, you, guys, you're missing everything we're in. I was in like, we're like no clothes and we're having the best time. And I mean, she's she's a great.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering why you both didn't have clothes on because I clo It was like, yeah, like in my underwear and I'm seeing lots of wine and Kelly and Luanne unclothed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots lot of money for a lot of money. What was it? What were the songs you guys were saying? Can we get? Can we get? Like a couple of hones?
Speaker 3: I can't even remember. We would just like jam out. She would like put a song on and she started singing and dancing in our bathing suits. So pretty close to.
Speaker 4: You, guys, Yeah, exactly, so same vibe, Yeah, same vibe. Actually, you had a Fedora on didn't count.
Speaker 1: I'm like the Queen of shallow questions sometimes, but I have to know how do you have that body? I mean, what do you do? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you working out like a crazy person? What is going on?
Speaker 2: We have a lot of sex. Hello? Is that you know? I do have a glow about me.
Speaker 3: Yes, I I do work out a lot. I work out four to five days a week. Yeah, it's just I don't know. Since I was twelve, been doing it me too.
Speaker 2: I just like it. I don't do it.
Speaker 4: Everyone's like, you want to be skinny. I'm like, actually no, I like just be fitting in my brain like yeah, booty, but okay, and building that booty exactly.
Speaker 2: I just had squatted before. I had a red light mascot and I was like, squat squad. I'm like, oh, deeper.
Speaker 1: Hello. We were away in health. I got to this hotel next morning. She had to catch an early plane and she's like, no, I'm at the gym. I'm like, you're at the what.
Speaker 2: I just just like I like it before we leave.
Speaker 4: First of all, you are gorgeous and sweet and kind and you and I met in the elevator and I was just like, who are you?
Speaker 2: I was like, we need to be friends and I love you.
Speaker 1: Do you remember where we met the first time? Overwhelmed? No, wasn't Teresa's wedding. Yes, not her wedding at her wedding show shower shower.
Speaker 3: Yes, because you guys were filming them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're filming it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It is such a sister the Housewives.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's so great, but I have to ask you, what are your thoughts on New York as a fellow O G like and a big, big, big New York housewife. It made me really upset to watch them. I'm just like, first of all, you don't have jobs, so like I had a job when I was on Housewife, I had young children, like we had like a really I had a very very strong narrative and I'm not wasn't pushing a brand like at all, and so it was just very weird. It was like, well, me and my brand, I'm like, I don't even know what brand you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm an influencer for whom, Like, I don't even know what what does that mean?
Speaker 4: Like, we don't like we had real people like Luanne and I had met in the Hampton's multiple times. I mean, yes, Bethany had come to my house and was, yeah, looking through all my things, true story, but you know, like that we had some kind of connection between us, and I.
Speaker 2: Just felt that was super disconnected. I tried.
Speaker 4: I tried to watch it, and I tried to be like, you know, like supportive, but I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I was just I didn't see any kind of real uh kinship. I didn't see any real connection. I don't think any of it was lat like. And again, I loved a couple of those women that I got.
Speaker 4: I know Jenna, I worked with her like one hundred years a go, and Uber and I are friends, so it's not like I don't know some of these women. But I just was like they needed like someone to be like, you guys should talk about this.
Speaker 1: I didn't see. I just didn't see any kind of clicking. I know they didn't. I didn't, And it wasn't fun It wasn't funny.
Speaker 3: Well, it seemed like maybe the ladies were editing themselves a little bit too much too. I mean, you have to be willing to make a fool of yourself to a degree because you're not always going to be perfect You're not always going to have your makeup and your hair right. You're gonna say dumb stuff right, So you just have to be prepared to go through that and to be present.
Speaker 4: But I also love like you and Giselle are really really good friends, and you guys are working together and you do all these things together. I mean, like Jen and I met through Housewives and we've become really good friends.
Speaker 2: We have we have so much fun together.
Speaker 4: And I I've met so many I've met so I have so many like Sutton and I.
Speaker 2: Are really really good friends.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Luanne and I are really good friends. I mean I have so many friends that are from even before they were housewives, and you know now they were so much closer.
Speaker 2: But it is such a it's such a sorority. I mean, it really really is. And I'm just so happy that you had the best time in love. Hope.
Speaker 4: We want you to find love because you know what you deserve it and living well and finding love is the best revenge.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have to say, and I know this is shallow, but like, I'm so not worried about you Ashley Darby, Hell about.
Speaker 2: Her not just.
Speaker 1: Look at her and you should by the way you should enjoy this single time because it ain't gonna last.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm fifty seven. It's lasting.
Speaker 1: It's not lasting. It's not a couple.
Speaker 3: I mean, I am a lover girl. So I'm trying to like you my wits about me a little bit because that can fall and fall hard and fast.
Speaker 2: You know me too. I'm trying to not do that too.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Your friends have to keep you accountable. So Jen's gonna help you make sure that you keep your priorities right. You know, you need to do your non negotiables list. I worked with a confidence coach, Yeah, and she made me write down like the things that I was looking for, but to the finest details. Share share Share like about teeth and breath is a breath was like number two on the list.
Speaker 1: I think it's because I have had in my life like chronic calatosis, Like I've been very I'm always conscious of it because there was I went through a phase when I first got veneers no where I was like, I felt like the people that were closest to me, so I appreciate, like, dude, you got bad breath. And I became so self conscious of it but now, and I mean, I'm very conscious of it, and when someone has bad breath it almost pisses me off. It's like, because you can do something about it, how dare you.
Speaker 2: I don't brush your tongue.
Speaker 4: Get a listing thing, go to the doctor, go to the doctor.
Speaker 2: Figure at the pH like, you can do it bio.
Speaker 3: But you know, there's this other thing. It's like the pheromones where it's not even your breath.
Speaker 2: It's just like.
Speaker 3: No, but it's not like must or anything. It's just like your natural scent. Right, there was a guy and I went in to kiss him and then I paused right before because his pheromones hit me and my nose scrunched up, and I was like, I'm about facing right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think you'm being very kind. I think you probably had body odor. But no, what.
Speaker 2: That is or anything? No, no, no, it's like it's pheromones.
Speaker 4: And it's interesting because they that's why everyone in the fifties like they were together because they had these pheromos. They were they were put together, but then they stayed together because they're like, we're going to make kids. And then you know, in the seventies you are like I'm on the pill. You can't smell when you're on the pill. I heard that, So you don't know who is who and then all of a sudden you go off the pill. And that's why people are like, I'm sorry, who are you? Yes, like, we're not friends here, Like you smell and I don't like you.
Speaker 1: So wait, some fat bad breath. Okay, just give us one more non negotiable.
Speaker 2: Teeth, bad breath.
Speaker 3: Yeah, teeth and bad breath way up there.
Speaker 2: She's a big smell for anything else.
Speaker 3: You have to love your mom. If you talk bad about your mom, you have nothing to say to me.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent. So what about your ex wife? How do you feel about like when they talk badly about their axes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of that either, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean then like they're gonna talk badly about you?
Speaker 3: Well, there are some pretty hideous people out there. Let's just keep it a buck there are You know, maybe the way that you talk about it could be a.
Speaker 2: Little softer, right exactly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I'm never my lobster, like whatever, right, that's what I always say.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm not my lobster.
Speaker 1: Yes, Actually, Darby, you are a gift to us.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait. I mean, I'm not. I really I want to sort of corner you now and make you tell me what's going to happen. But I'm not going to be exciting.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing it for you, Jo, I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 5: Really, you guys just take a photo because yes, but you guys.
Speaker 1: If you whoever's listening, I am telling you right now, trust me on this. It's different. I feel like it's different than any of the recent Bravo shows. From being honest, like I love, I do. I agree Crappy Lake, there was something about it was and there's something about Leve Hotel that's not I didn't expect it. It's fun to watch you guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, but have you guys seen the new wife swap one that they're doing.
Speaker 1: I know they're doing it, Okay, I do. I can't wait for.
Speaker 3: This freshness that's coming. Yes, I love, Yes, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree.
Speaker 2: An interesting way of using us too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but in like a good way and really good way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Big fan, Yeah, big fan, big fan. Yes, Sunshine.
Speaker 1: Ashley again, thank you, we love you. We can't wait to see how it all pans. Out you guys. Just be sure to check out the new episodes on Bravo and also listeners. We would like to hear from you please. Are you not having luck in the dating department? Do you need any help? Email us or call us. We're here to help. All the info is in the show notes. Please follow us on socials. Make sure to rate and review the podcast I Do Part two, an iHeart podcast where falling in love is the main objective.