Speaker 1: On heav he low, friends, and welcome into Leading Off. I am the Welsh that is Bubba, and congratulations for still being here. Championship week, final two run week in head to head or the absolute final stretch in your rotos. Congrats to you and thank you to all that still are hanging out with us on a weekly basis.
Speaker 2: Excited to be here.
Speaker 1: We're going to be talking about all this stuff and things, recapping the weekend, talking about injuries and whatever the hell we can do to prep you for this final week. It's crazy and all of this is brought to you by Prize Picks. Go and check out price Picks today. Use a promo code Leading Off get a one hundred percent match up to one hundred bucks. Start prize picking today because we're going to be prize picking in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Bubba. It was a big weekend. There's only a.
Speaker 1: Little bit left. What is the state of the state in the Bubba world of baseball.
Speaker 3: It's good. It's a grind. I have a lot of teams that are either in like the top three in a lot of leagues, and there's room to make it. It's been a fluctuation over the last few weeks. So every night I have my tradition of checking standings, and it's just like, okay, we moved up, Oh we moved down at half a point. Like, this is the world of Roto. I know you're a head to head guy. This is the the world I live in, and I'm so close I can taste a huge year. I also realized that just utter sadness is two weeks away. Also, if it goes the opposite direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it really is. I actually I enjoy Roto more than I have ever before. My thing has always been the people that scream. Roto is the only way to play, because then you're a cry I think you're a crybaby because it's like a cry baby affectionately. However, you want to play fantasy. I'm not the gatekeeper of fantasy. I never will be yes, and I'm not yeah, thank god. But I'm also never going to just tell people how you have to do things. That's the difference. Everybody else will tell you how things have to be. But I do think in the state of like.
Speaker 4: Well, Rono is superior because at the end of the day, it is accumulation without a lot of fluctuation of the capacity of the things that are gonna happen in the playoffs, and that's fine.
Speaker 2: That's fine if you like to play like that.
Speaker 1: I have always liked to play baseball similar to real baseball being played with playoffs up. But I understand the heartbreak of being great the whole year, having one bad week and losing, and people wanting a variance of all that work to pay off in rodo. But when it's the people that tell me that roto is the only way to play, then I'm like, oh, I understand you a little bit more. You're a cry baby because you lost one time and you can't handle it.
Speaker 2: I like all of them. I like to play.
Speaker 1: I don't love points. I'm not the biggest points person, but I still play in points leagues. I play rode head to head. I can do it all because I like it all, because I love fantasy baseball.
Speaker 3: And that's the beauty of where the formats are going these days is there's a little bit for everybody. You can play best Ball, you can play DFS, you can play Roto, you can play head to head. There's whatever you're app It's a going to buffet. What do you want to eat today? Knock yourself out. It's a beautiful thing. And like you said earlier, it's one thing I learned a long time ago when I met you and Bogman, and it's one thing that always sticks in my head is remember, in the end, this is supposed to be fun. So do whatever you do to have fun. Don't listen to some um dumb over there that claims there they know everything. Do what you want to do to have fun. And that's what we're here talking to you guys for the final two because baseball is fun.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be fun, and a lot of people make it not fun. And that's something you know. Joe Pisapia, I was lucky enough. I didn't get to be part of the creation of this show, but I have gotten to be a part now I think of more of the majority of the show. Now this is coming to an end of my two years of being on this show, and this show I think has only been alive for three so I have been on more than it has not been.
Speaker 2: But something I've always been. It's big for me.
Speaker 1: It's not just the fun, but also being entertaining and kind of you know, pushing the buttons and bringing a quality product of not just the information, but you know, the fun and the jokes and stuff like that, and that's what the show has kind of been built around. And a lot of people lose that fun at all different times and take it very seriously.
Speaker 2: It is serious as.
Speaker 1: When there's a lot of money on the line. We understand that, but you know, try to have fun, find ways to have fun. I'm always trying to experiment with different ways in baseball to do some of that. And it's good to see some good vibes in the chat whips that it feels good to be able to tune into leading off this late into the season. Let's go win a championship. Yeah, I am right. I got a question here who we had Mike who said I'm in the championship my first year playing, which is pretty pretty.
Speaker 3: Song down from Buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never going to recoup that or anything like that, just letting you know. And then I thought there was one more in here that I wanted to highlight. But either way, it's just good to have all you guys here. So we're gonna be answering some of your questions. We're going to get into all the news and notes, the stuff and the things. Let's start talking about it. Let's get into all of it.
Speaker 2: By the way, I've had a better year.
Speaker 1: Best balling than anything else, which is strange because I'm not a best ball person per se like I do like thirty or forty leagues or anything like that. But I got a really high hit rate this year in best ball, so I might unfortunately, as somebody who plays and has their first year winning a championship and like what I got to play in six of them, I feel like I'm gonna like triple my best balls.
Speaker 3: And you don't have that personality we else. I've never seen you do anything like that.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not manic or crazy or anything like that. All right, let's get into some of the stuff and things. Wan Soto had a pair of homers drove in six runs on Sunday as the Padres beat the Ace ten to one and one. Soto making a little strong.
Speaker 2: Push towards this back half of the year where Tatis.
Speaker 1: Is kind of leveled and many Machado has tumbled, one Soto kind of keeps it going. What do you think one SODA's value is going to look like next year?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be interesting for one to see where he lands next year, because there's still talks that they might move him and do different things there. But if he's with the Padres in this lineup, he's still back into the first round. Guy. You're going to get the all the narratives that he doesn't steal bases, Okay, whatever, But when he's elite, he's still one of the most elite hitters in baseball. There's no denying that. We're seeing glimpses of it now. I think he's still worthy of a back of the first yund early second round.
Speaker 2: Pick one Soto or Mike Trout next year.
Speaker 3: Oh so I love Trout and it's the old saying, well when healthy Trout's the b Yeah, he's never healthy anymore. Like you just can't count on.
Speaker 1: It one Soda or Vladimir Guerrero Junior one, So God, can.
Speaker 2: I get you a one Soto or Ellie Da La Cruz.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go one, So.
Speaker 1: I know you gotta say it. This is how you talk about taking someone over.
Speaker 3: Ellie're like, yeah, I don't think that value in average, don't if it's just not going to happen anytime.
Speaker 2: I mean, the stolen bases are unreal in the I'll.
Speaker 3: Get those somewhere else. Just the way I draft, I guess, just the way it goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, I mean one. So it's a good spot to be.
Speaker 3: He's a great hitter. He has had a horrible year and it starts and it just people started papooing him everywhere, and people forget he's also super young, like he's got he stills his best years ahead of him. That's crazy to think about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jazz chis and we talked a little bit about him last week, hit a Grand Slam second straight game, also walk three times. On Sunday, Marlins had a big win over the Braves, and Jazz just kind of pushing that narrative where we had mentioned second base is so much deeper and it's going to be so much deeper and this is a really positive turn for someone that has been oft injured that he's going to have like a nice little jolt.
Speaker 2: At the end. He's almost at a think about this.
Speaker 1: I just want to point this out, and this is why I fell into him at the beginning of the year, and it's been wrong, but like, think of the time that he's missed, he's almost got a twenty twenty season. He's almost a twenty twenty season under him, and he's been on the IL like six times or something like that, twelve time, I don't know. No, he's been on the al a bunch and missed a bunch of times, and he's almost got a twenty two.
Speaker 2: I think he's two.
Speaker 1: Stolen bases away home. He's two in one direction, two home. I think it might be two homers away from a twenty twenty season, which is relatively absurd. So good on Jazz. A couple pitching performances, one not so good, one really good. Whole Reagans pitched six plus innings but allowed five runs on Saturday.
Speaker 2: It was a no decision.
Speaker 1: He did strikeout seven. He ended up walking too and looking, I mean, this seemed like it was obviously a rougher matchup. He had velo upticks that's still been consistent. His average is around ninety six and a half. He was up ninety seven. He touched just around one hundred. His usage looked about the same. The fastball ended up getting a whole lot of it thirty two percent swing and with rate.
Speaker 2: But the curveball check this out.
Speaker 1: Curveball had a forty seven percent, CSW fifty six percent swing and with but he just didn't have it. He just didn't have it in this game and got beat around a little bit.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: This actually might be not the worst thing on the planet if you're thinking of next year value in kind of bringing that down a little bit. But no worries about Reagans if you have, you know, only this week to go in one more start, right.
Speaker 3: That's a question I added for you. I'm not worried. We said this going into it, that you know, he's had really nice matchups, he's flourished. You should. The tough ones are coming. He's at Houston this week. That's tough. And I was setting some lineups before the show, and if I have certain other options this time, you really don't, is that don't? So that's why I'm pitching Reagan's probably ninety percent of the time, But there is ten percent of me that is if looking at other options, if possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm I'm going to attempt to. But in like points leagues, I think it's all good. Yes, if you're in like uh, if.
Speaker 3: It's a roto and you're worried about like ratios, and it's there otherwise because strikeouts will still be there no matter what. I think. I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he had seven in this past.
Speaker 3: I figure he'll still get the strikeouts. Just a matter of can he keep like three runs or less. Because the Astros are just on fire. They're hitting everything right now.
Speaker 1: I think what's see the tough part is if you're in a weekly lineup thing. If you're in a weekly setup and you got to make the decision, I'm probably putting him out there.
Speaker 3: Well he's in mind, he's in mine right now. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I head to head format with daily transactions, like you kind of you kind of get it. So yeah, you can kind of figure it out, see where you're at. If your ratios are kind of just go for it with the strikeouts. If they're really tight, maybe you don't want to. Like Bubba is saying, Bubba brought up this name and he was dominant. I actually picked him up in a couple of leagues in my sixteen team league because he was available. But Sawyer Gibson long was insane. Had a no decision against the Angels. Eleven strikeouts over five innings, twenty three swinging whiffs on eighty two pitches, ten on his change up and nine on the slider. He had a forty five percent CSW.
Speaker 3: Pretty good.
Speaker 1: I mean that that change up ratio is very similar to like what we saw with Jordan Wicks early on. You have a devastating slider change up combo with obviously teams that are not locked into you know how to hit around him. This was an insane performance. So the question becomes, what trust do you have this week?
Speaker 3: And so I mean you mean as he faces the Oakland Athletics in Pakland. I picked him up everywhere I could this past week. I couldn't get it, and I'm starting him with confidence this week.
Speaker 1: So your Gibson Long or Cole Reagans.
Speaker 3: I'd rather have Sawyer Gibson Long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I think so too. I picked him up. Yeah, and we give a shout out. You mentioned it on the show special.
Speaker 3: So he was all over Reagans and I was all over Gibson like it's it's just there's a reason certain people are pitching gurus.
Speaker 1: Well, we got to ask him that question too, like Cole Reagan's or Sawyer Gibs, I mean Gibson Long's here's here's the only negative.
Speaker 3: Tweet HI right now, and to begin an answer, here's the.
Speaker 1: Only negative on this is that we should DM.
Speaker 2: I should.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 1: You're likely to get a quicker answer. My only thing would be Sawyer Gibson Long's ability to get a win, even though it's against a great matchup, might be a tiny bit less than what Reagans is because you know Reagans can go five or six. We just I don't know if Sawyer Gibson Long is going to be able to. So just keep that in mind if.
Speaker 2: You care about that.
Speaker 1: One thing I said last week that I still think holds here. You should really not be crazy afraid of ratio based pictures.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: I know you want your wins and stuff like that, and I don't want to take that away from anybody, but if you can get a guy that is dominant for four innings, they can help you across the board.
Speaker 2: You can get big strikeouts.
Speaker 1: You're also seeing some of these guys that were starters that are moved down a little bit into shorter roles. They're unleashing kind of bigger stuff and they might be more dominant. Where a guy goes only four, he can punch out eight, where if he stretched out to six he might bring his stuff back down a little bit. I'm just not afraid of these guys. And obviously, Sir Gibson Long, it's kind of indifferent anyways, because he's got like the best matchup you could possibly have, So he's probably going to be the number one pick up streaming pitcher and.
Speaker 3: Quick answer from mister Pollock via text message Here, he says Cole Reagan's Gibson has the shag rug. It must be a pictureless term.
Speaker 2: I'm not are what the hell is?
Speaker 3: What does that happen? Yeah, I don't know, but he's got Maybe it's because it's only a couple starts. He wants to see more. I don't know, but he's going with He still s hays. Reagan's over Gibson Long. All right, I don't know how is alright. I'm gonna like, I'll message again. I yeah, I was about to.
Speaker 1: Say, I'm like, I'm gonna d m him. I'm dming him right now. Hold on, this is live on this show. I'm dming him.
Speaker 2: What in the hell is the shag rug?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: I just text Nick Pollocks so we'll see what we get here. This is h This is elitism in fantasy baseball. We can text the greats like Nick Pollock and we can get hopefully instants.
Speaker 3: I say, put in our time in for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly. Also like doing stuff with these guys and everything like that, so you can get his number two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Hey if he here's a response, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah he gets Maden. We don't know the trust me.
Speaker 2: You know what he did?
Speaker 3: He on air two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Did you just get what I got?
Speaker 1: As a response? He sent me the I don't want to careful about my phone. He sent me a link to the picture.
Speaker 3: I almost I almost did that just for fun. I'll look it up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, show here, I'll Nick Poli. He bossed me. He bossed me.
Speaker 1: He gave me a link to something he did a Jake Seeley. Check the link instead of giving me the damn answer. God, dang it. Poll all right, we're gonna answer your questions. I forgot to mention that if I didn't, we're gonna answer a few of your questions here in a little bit.
Speaker 3: I did Curious two weeks of the season here, folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it is.
Speaker 1: We also do have a where in the world are Welsh and Corbin Cara, which I'm gonna do here in just a minute, but I do want to quickly roll through, uh the hitter grid for the week, and then a few pictures for today and for Tuesday, just to kind of like really get you guys rocking here.
Speaker 2: So the hitter grid.
Speaker 1: Fantasy Pros has the hitter matchup grid, which tells you about how many you know, games teams are playing, the pictures they are going against. Here were the top five this week, bub If anybody comes to mind as a player you might want to pick up because of this, let me know, but the top five number one, the A's number two, the Rangers number three, the Orioles number four, the Red Sox number five, the Mariners best matchups versus how many games and what pitchers are going against A's, you immediately kind of jump out to think of the guys like Seth Brown, Rangers, Robbie Grossman who we mentioned who had been hitting three.
Speaker 2: Those are a couple of those players.
Speaker 1: If you want to end up taking a look at anybody else, jump out of the as far as like the top five on the hitter grid.
Speaker 3: You know, Ryan noticed playing well. Also, Rangers getting Josh youngback on Monday is a big one. To keep all eyes on that one. Otherwise, the Red Sox, we'll talk about some One of these players later saidayro Fiela has been leading off of just torching baseballs right now, so he was actually a focus of mine this past week. And then Willia or Brady they faced five rieties this week. He should play a ton as well. So those are two guys that are widely available on labor wires.
Speaker 1: Oliver on the pitching side, throw out a cup pictures and can get your take on it. This one actually thought was really interesting if you guys are doing pickups here on Monday pending when you're listening, if you're on the live stream, live stream always can pay off. Here you have Brian Wu going up against Oakland and JP Sears going up against Seattle. They're facing each other. If you had to pick one to stream, which one would you want to go on?
Speaker 3: Which one between the two, that's a time I'm going Brian Wu.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going Brian Wu as well. But Sears has had some performances to others. Well, well, i'll tell you the King Edward Cabrera today versus the Mets yay or nay, yay, strikeouts, yay ratios.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm rostering, but I'm also a weekly these two starts, so that made it easy for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Clevenger got it, still be the king if he is available out there. We've talked about him so much. I'm not really sure he is available for anybody. But Cleve's got Washington. He's like a no doubt. Tomorrow asad versus Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Yay or nay. Yeah, that is a big ya for me.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow's better, by the way. Kintamata versus since Natty, Yeah, your name.
Speaker 3: In great American small park, I'm gonna go Neay.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna still go yay. Drew Rahm versus Milwaukee your.
Speaker 3: Name, oh Man, depends on what you need, I'm gonna go nay, but I get it. I get it too, Nay.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Ney on that.
Speaker 3: No, thank you.
Speaker 2: Sabo said, what about Glito always Nay.
Speaker 3: Even if he's awesome last week, detail.
Speaker 1: You're gonna put him in your lineup when everything it counts on everything week.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: That doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Who he's facing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I'm not putting g Alito out there. If you really don't care about ratios, if you have a league where you don't have whip e r A wins, losses, innings pitched any if you have innings pitched in strikeouts, then I'll.
Speaker 2: Put in the face of the royal.
Speaker 3: It's tempting.
Speaker 1: Actually, you guys, go ahead, you put your your whole thing on the docket there. Also on the rookie lookie side, A's are calling up Joey Estes. Actually Joey Estes is they're calling him up today, so I don't know if they're using I don't think they're using him today. But Estes has, you know, traveled around through their minor league system. Used to be with Atlanta Double A, Triple A, Triple A. He's had seven games played, six started, five two three e RA. Hasn't been good in the PCL, he was really good in Double A. Might be someone to pay attention to if it's a good matchup, but I'm probably not doing anything with him.
Speaker 2: Let's go to some listener questions.
Speaker 1: What you guys have been asking, Lee said, playoffs, it's the points league. He gave us the points. I can swap out one RP for an SP. Would you bench either Class A or Trevor May who have seven games, for Mata, Kirby or Garrett. I would bench May for Kirby. Ye hundred thousand, good jillion percent right easy? Yeah, that Kirby versus Oakland.
Speaker 3: You start that one every moment you can and hope for the win and the quality you'll for fifteen points plus.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Kirby versus Oakland. I am all about that. By the way, Nick I gave Nick crap I tell them more on the live show. I was like, I was like, lol, you sent me a link and you didn't even answer. I'm dying doing this live on a show. He said, ha, it's a young man's floor. You get a shag rug for your first dorm room floor.
Speaker 3: Seeh I know it was something along those lines, okase. I looked up the gloss for you on their website. There's nothing on there, so I was like, this is garbage.
Speaker 1: Rookies are more volatile, especially after two starts. We don't know how bad the floor got. He's like, really, what is Nick doing right now? He's got too much. He doesn't have any time Reagan's is more established at the point, and I believe I said, God, I love you all right, that's the Nick Pollock is one of the best in the industry. And he also is absolutely the dad jokes of the like. I love his puns. It is is wholesome and family friendly and the shag rug.
Speaker 2: Example is the best.
Speaker 3: Type thing I knew it. Oh so put God.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I love you.
Speaker 1: See this is what you get at this point of the season where we're just live texting fantasy analysts.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a pretty easy answer. It's a good question.
Speaker 1: But yeah, rock with Kirby get made a hell out of there. We had Chris Wheeler versus the Braves.
Speaker 3: Yes, cool, Yeah, especially is out it's even better. But wheel like, there's there's a certain caliber called an ace. You just roll. That's just how it goes. Everybody else, I'm cool with you sitting Wheeler's that dude. If you're if your dude, who got you here? Get you out?
Speaker 2: Like it's that's just breaks.
Speaker 3: I've had to tell people at my discord like, well so and so I'm like, dude, you've rolled with him all season long, don't even start now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, feel good about it same O Championship week, Mountcastle or CE Scastle.
Speaker 3: Doncastle's hurt right now, it's the CE that's the only.
Speaker 2: For me as well.
Speaker 1: Because of that, we had bt fouts said made the finals. Oh this this was just thatnother one where it's like, hey, congratulations everybody that made a congratulations. Bt whips picked two to start, Morrell versus Pittsburgh and Colorado with six games.
Speaker 2: I love that you did it like this weapon.
Speaker 1: Yes, Outman Detroit, San Francisco seven games, Jordan Walker Milwaukee, San Diego seven games. I think you got your answer with those last two. When it hits the seven games. Morel is so inconsistent with the contact. I mean, Morell and Outman might be Spider Man meme to each other, but Outman's better and Jordan Walker is just, you know, more of a consistent bat in general. And those are not horrible matchups for really anybody. The only difference I understand the question Colorado being in there does that make.
Speaker 3: In Chicago though? And and there's five varieties from Morell this week, so he might sit a couple of those games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So no, I think that's an easy one.
Speaker 1: Who's a better streamer today Cabrera versus the Mets or Clevenger.
Speaker 3: It's Clevey, clev Clevenger, Yes, definitely Clevenger, all right.
Speaker 1: And then finally whips pick up two starting pitchers. Pick two starting pitchers to start weekly quality starts. Logo versus Colorado Kirby Wu, and the last one, I think you missed the person because it's just at Texas. I mean Kirby for sure here and then really woo our logo for.
Speaker 3: You, it's Wu. Give me the Oakland matchup all day every day. Lugo has been very good, but give me though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna We're gonna woo it. We're gonna well. Ace is gonna Ace too, everybody that is one hundred percent all right. I'm gonna give you the hint today because we're gonna get to it very shortly.
Speaker 2: Here for where in.
Speaker 1: The world are Welsh and Corbin Carol? Is everybody ready the hint today? Sunglasses? The hint today, sunglasses. That's your hint on where Corbin and I are. Sunglasses. There you go, take a little hint there. Injuries, shut up, Babba, be quiet. Injuries show heyo tani done for the year. We all have this kind of a little bit of late news because this happened over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Cleared out his locker.
Speaker 1: He was done and he is gone and probably going to be an angel again, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The weirdest part was is like it was so cryptic. He cleared his locker out, There'll be more news to come next day, It's like, hey, he's on the IL, done for the season. More news to come. Then there's videos of him landing in Japan. More news to come. More news never came. So there's something going on, Like there is a falling out, which makes sense obviously, but something happened that I'd love to know about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think we know what something happened was Angel Well did.
Speaker 3: Like show hey finally say you know, f you I've had enough. I guess that's what.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 1: They were like, I don't know how true it was, but there's like pictures of him like already in Japan, like he.
Speaker 3: Just so I said, like I just said, in an airport in Japan, like more news to come. He literally he really packed his bag, got on the private jet, took off. He's like say, yeah, whatever's left behind, just whatever you guys want to do with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like when you move out of here your dorm in college, you leave a few things straggling. Yeah, sorry, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he hit eighteen years old and he moved out immediately getting a big boy now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he instantly moved out.
Speaker 1: Tristan Kass is on the Ale with a shoulder injury that is likely going to end his season. Boo Tyler, Oh, this is, by the way, end of season, when you hit the iel your season.
Speaker 3: I need to put that. But I put it just in case because people should know.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I'm glad you did it.
Speaker 1: But I always find this hilarious because this is the point of the year where, uh, like you go to Rotal World and they'll be like season likely done, and it's like, yeah, like we all know that the whole season is going to be done for any guys.
Speaker 3: There's max thirteen or fourteen games up, the ten dayl fit probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Kass is done. Tyler O'Neal was placed on with a foot spring. He's likely done. That's no bueno.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Hassan Kim was scratched from Sunday's game with abdominal pain. He is day to day, going undergoing some further testing, so pay attention to that. For this week, Felix Batista threw his first live bullpen and he's potentially lining up to return before the season ends, So that could be like a quick little shot in the arm for roto people that go to the end head to head people, He's done. You should be done this week. I just want to point out, like, Okay, if you want, maybe it's uh, you could do the two week thing into the final, but I'm like, you don't do it to the end of.
Speaker 3: This Soumes's with the last week where a starter only goes one inning because they want to rest him for the playoffs. All kinds of goofy stuff like that. Yeah, that's even more crushing than the random loss here one week when you've dominated all year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but watch for him and those someone asked this earlier. Rangers manager Bruce Bochie told reporters that young Josh Young had played three innings in what's going on right now is instructs in an instructional league game at the complex right across the street from me in Arizona, and he had a really good day. And there's rumors that he could be back this week, maybe even today, So you might get Josh Young back, so be on the lookout for that. And then the one we got right before the show is Tanner Biby hit the EYEO with a hip injury kind of into season. I wonder like if it's something we could have pushed through, but he had one hundred and fifty innings.
Speaker 3: They probably didn't want him to go too much further. Anyways, I guess quick thing. Harrison Baders went on the al as we're recording. I don't really care too much about that. But if you're in league where you can pick up reds all week in Cincinnati, that opens up outfield platoony situations that are now out of the way. So something to think about for your teams.
Speaker 2: Something to think about.
Speaker 1: Three up and three down. Jake Rodgers two for three, two homers.
Speaker 2: This was on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Chas McCormick three for four, two stolen bases. He has been such a dude this year.
Speaker 2: Such a great pickup. Two out there.
Speaker 1: Carlos Redon six and two thirds, ten strikeouts. I still want no.
Speaker 2: Part of it. Next zero zero shares.
Speaker 1: Frindos on the three down Derek Rodriguez took him two innings to give up eight earned runs.
Speaker 2: That's not as easy as you think.
Speaker 1: Charlie Morton four and two thirds, six earned runs, walked five for Charlie Morton and your team. Jeremy Pania oh for four with four strikeouts. He has been I was doing my I'm work, continuously working on my Dynasty stuff. I just can't move him further down. I can't move him.
Speaker 3: Down, and he's been so disappointing. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hundred percent not disappointing. Prize Picks, that's right. Promo code leading off. Get a one hundred percent deposit matchup to one hundred bucks going download the app. Start prize picking today.
Speaker 3: We do it.
Speaker 2: You can do it. Have so much fun and enjoy free money.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't enjoy free money to price pick and have the best time of your life? Bubba price picking. What are you picking today?
Speaker 3: Well, today's National Cheeseburger Day and they're having five dollars cheeseburgers in Miami. Something with Jake Berger over one and a half hits runs and RBIs that just you know? Says it itself for you. Trey Turnow eight and a half fantasy points in a great matchup for the Philadelphia Phillies was Kyle Wright, then Josie two be over seven and a half fantasy points. First the hungover Orioles and John means because the Oriols you didn't mention it clinched the playoffs by yesterday. And if you want some inspirational videos, watch Twitter. Those boys had a great time.
Speaker 2: Dude, What is with ever?
Speaker 1: I just did this bit with my wife last night.
Speaker 2: She told me.
Speaker 1: She was like it was no She was like, it was National whatever day. And I was like, when did we get to the place where every day is national sum.
Speaker 3: There's multiple there's multiple days each day, Like there's a National Bubba Day. I have saves in my phone just make fun of you.
Speaker 2: Can I have a National Welsh Day?
Speaker 3: We can call it that if you don't mean.
Speaker 2: Aren't those called like birthdays too?
Speaker 1: Like I mean for people it's like birthdays like mine would be April twenty second, but it's my birthday. But like it was like National dog Day the other day and it was like National.
Speaker 3: Daughter National second simpling of the family day.
Speaker 1: I should start making it up. I'm gonna start making up holidays and see if we can get any to.
Speaker 3: Stay next year instead of wearing the world is Carolyn Wells, Let's do a whole like what day is today gonna be? Now?
Speaker 2: I bet there's a National travel Day. Someone's gonna tell me. Do you know what today is?
Speaker 1: They call it giving Today's National shag rug Day. Thank you Ni, National shag rug Days.
Speaker 3: We want to go watch Austin Powers and go see Elizabeth Early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, yeah, baby, Heather Graham from a little bit more Heather Graham than Elizabeth Kay.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 1: They're both fine. I'm not gonna not gonna say no to either. Yeah, that's fine. We're gonna do a poll ground my price picks today.
Speaker 2: I'd been that. I didn't mean that.
Speaker 1: Corey Seeger eight and a half on the fantasy score, Luisa rise seven and a half, and I will take one total base from Paul Goldschmith today. That is what is on the price pick.
Speaker 3: So give me that.
Speaker 1: As far as bets bets are tough, we found something very interesting and I think this has to do with the time of year, but a certain book that Bogman too, Bubba and I both like to look at. There's no props like they props are usually up the night before. There are multiple games without props, and I think they're doing this because of the volatility of the market, with like pitchers only going three or four. Maybe they're people not knowing it, but it's crazy, Like twenty minutes before going on here, looking at some books, there are zero props for teams, so it is them not wanting to get taken advantage of, which kind of stinks that that's going on. So it made this a little bit tougher.
Speaker 2: So I play.
Speaker 1: I'm playing a lot of my first fives and stuff like that. But where are you going to try to go to?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys all know I like to play prop bets. It's my DFS mentality. But I couldn't today, So we're going first five. I got the White Sox first five minus one twenty five with like Clevenger and that one at least first five minus one twenty five. I love Wheeler over Kyle Right any chance I can, and then just have some fun. Let's get let's get real wild Milwaukee first five minus one point five runs zero point five for plus one forty. I love Freddy Praulto over Wayne Right that much. I think the brew crew have some fun with Wayno.
Speaker 1: All right, my bets for today, I've got Minnesota through the first five to be up by a run. Pablo Lopez on the mountain today minus one fifteen, so they got to be up by a run to the first five. I've got the Chicago White Sox told you about Clevenger, just a straight money line minus won twenty five up against the Nationals. And then I'm going with Miami and the New York Mets through the all first five bets four and a half run over minus won twenty five, so we've got to be five runs scored in the first five for Miami and the Mets. Couple funny ones in here. Apparently there is National Whales Day for Welsh that's March first, so that makes sense. This is a good one. Richard said, August twenty ninth is National Welsh Day because that's the day that Carol got the call. That is actually very slick and a very good idea for and Jason has a great one.
Speaker 2: But I'm I'm not gonna mention what.
Speaker 3: Japan he went home? Maybe that's today show. Hey went back?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I is late in the season. Now, this is a stream only laugh if you guys can see the chat on what it is. Oh buddy, oh buddy, all right, DFS this is you get to go on this What do you got for DFS?
Speaker 3: There, Freddy for Alto eleven point three cavers the Cardinals. We love that one. Clevenger seven point six k. We mentioned our love for Clevenger all day against Washington and then Brian who seven point two caves Oakland stacks, Milwaukee Versusno Padres versus. I believe it's gonna be ty Block at the moment, Philadelphia versus Kyle Wright and Houston Versjon means if you can do Milwaukee Houston combined, I love it a lot value. Sedan Raphael outfield shortstop l is what three point five cavers Monty and then Mark Conna has been on IRI's three point two k against Wayne Wright leading off a lot with Yellich on the not on the islish day today, So call it three point two k could be a nice.
Speaker 2: One, all right?
Speaker 1: Where in the world are Welsh and Corbin Carrol the guests or the hint was sunglasses And let's take a look at some of the guesses.
Speaker 3: We had.
Speaker 1: Colorado, Colorado, Dion Colorado, Colorado, Colorado, Colorado, Colorado. Also Colorado. So, Bubba, do you have a guess what sunglasses means? Where Corman, Carroll and I were.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado at d on Prime Sam.
Speaker 1: So I set you guys up, and not one person got it wrong, not one person wrong, because we were on the field of Coach Prime. It's the worst hint I've ever given. Look at Prime with those sunglasses. He promised us a pair. Totally not not real. I'm waiting for my pair. I love those sunglasses. We were there as Colorado could not cover, but they go three and zero and Coach Prime was primed up.
Speaker 2: Look how happy we are on field. We're like, hey, we're Buffalo's. Were's so excited, Hey Buffalo guys. Every single person got it right. So I stink.
Speaker 1: I this is why I give you guys hard hints. This is why I want to give hard hints. I actually thought this was kind of slick. I was like, oh it, sunglasses, A couple of people will get it. Every single person in the chat who guessed got it right.
Speaker 2: Not one person was like the sun or something.
Speaker 3: It was a beach in South Beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it did not work, but there you go. That's where Cory.
Speaker 3: People are hip and tune of things that are going on. So that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well I know you guys are all on it too, and I appreciate the continued Welsh association. Jenny Butler tweeted they I think they talked to Corbyn Carroler and then she's like, why do they not talk about his best friend Welsh? And I was in Eno has his article out which did not mention me, by the way, which is very disappointed. I know, I thought I had really good friends, but apparently apparently not good friend day. All right, friendos, it is home run call time.
Speaker 2: Let me get back to our screen so we can take a look.
Speaker 1: At the home run board, which I'm not on, so it is so less important than it's ever been, and it is flying away Blue Harvester at sixty homers.
Speaker 2: He has cracked the sixty mark. He or she, I don't know.
Speaker 1: JJ Tator fifty five, raised ramone fifty three. Those are the only fifties. This is the critical week. You gotta be within two. I think going into next week to try to lessen this gap. Wonky's down at seven. Good job of Wonkey. I think I haven't cracked forty five yet. So, like I said, life is stupid and everything doesn't matter, so I'm not there. Where are you gonna go with your home run call today, Bubba?
Speaker 3: I don't love it, but I'm going with Alex Bragman against John Means short portion and left in Houston, So I think Houston has a big night and Bragman's a part of it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with PP d Alonso p d Alonzo for the big home runs. I'm trying to get a couple, I said Michael. I think I'm at forty three. I just want forty five. I want to get to forty five. Well, I really wanted to be the number one person in the home run calls on Fantasy Pros, but Wonky is I have very little time to be able to pass Wonky. She just keeps rocking that stuff out and.
Speaker 2: That is it.
Speaker 1: Frindos that is going to do everything for whatever we can prep you guys for for the day. For the next couple of days. We'll be back on Wednesday doing this show live Bubba and I at twelve thirty Eastern. I just have to remember what it is Eastern time. Bring your questions wearing me and Corb and Carrol. We'll talk more about streamers and pickups. We'll just get you guys prepped, and remember next week is the final week of Leading Off for the season, so make sure you're hanging out with us. If you're on the podcast, come and hang out. In the live stream. You can see me absolutely fall over on the floor when Bubba made.
Speaker 2: A enough colored joke.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: They got me a little bit, so you can do that and have so much fun. You can find them on Twitter at b d Intrick. You can find me on Twitter at is at the Welsh You guys have a fantastic week and we'll talk to you on Wednesday. Right here on leading all these friends