Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club, Yep, it's the world no dangerous morning show to Breakfast Club. Charlamagea god yet hilarious DJ Envy. Envy is out today, but Lauren Lerosa is in and we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 3: Man, y'all know who he is. Ladies, y'all know who he is.
Speaker 2: Mister Tyson back for his hair? What's up, my brother?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 4: You ain't aging at all, bro, I don't stress, so he ain't no reason for it.
Speaker 1: Mind your business and.
Speaker 4: You won't get you won't age and drink your water?
Speaker 1: How are you said?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: I was just saying that to your guy.
Speaker 4: I drank six bolls of water this morning. It's running through me already. I got up like five and worked out.
Speaker 3: Is that your way of telling us you have to peek?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I went so, yeah, I constantly the first few hours of the morning.
Speaker 1: I'm constantly going, man.
Speaker 2: But you supposed to do that when you wake up the first are supposed to do it when you wake up and drink water.
Speaker 4: Exacting exactly, and that one only drink that every other day.
Speaker 1: Don't drink that.
Speaker 3: Every day essentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 5: You can't drink it it's too much.
Speaker 4: Uh, it is good for you, but not every single day though, you got you gotta switch it up. I'm just drinking regular spring water right now, you know. And then some days I drink that, but I don't drink it every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One time I was drinking it like everyone else was doing it every day, and then I started feeling like really weird. And then doctor told me, yay, you ain't supposed to drink that every day.
Speaker 6: Like, wow, you know what we had Michael Rainey Jr.
Speaker 1: Up Here, I know, Michael, yes, and he actually.
Speaker 5: Told us, yes, he told us the same thing that it like charges your brain something to you don't have to do it ever too much.
Speaker 3: Can you make a sense?
Speaker 1: You sound like we just be careful, that's all.
Speaker 6: So you're here because of King's Court, the new reality dating show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let it be clear. I'm not desperate for uh for love. You know.
Speaker 4: It was just something that came across our table and we were just like, yo, let's try it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It was different. I love the concept of it. And then the two kings I'm on with you gotta love them, so you know, it was fun. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: You did say you wanted to put your playboy where he's behind you don't.
Speaker 4: Oh I've been did that, but you know for the show, yeah, definitely. You know I put it out there that not a playboy like that anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't even go out anymore.
Speaker 2: Every guy in the house by six, every guy who's a bunch of women, always.
Speaker 1: Want from experience earlier.
Speaker 4: And you.
Speaker 3: On that Love Island by yourself, don't be down there retired. I wasn't playing. I don't know, but you typened back.
Speaker 1: But see that's the thing.
Speaker 4: They put that label on you, and you stuck with it because there's only two labels that hit you with.
Speaker 1: In the industry.
Speaker 4: One you're either gay, or two you're a playboy or what's the third one?
Speaker 1: Oh you just like white women. I dated three white women my whole life and then pull them. I'm stuck with this title.
Speaker 4: So another reason I got on the show was trying to kill all of that stuff right there.
Speaker 1: You know, she was not around no more, she's not on radio no more. But we know, yeah that one started.
Speaker 4: I don't know why she started that room on me, but you know what, Calma hits your ass.
Speaker 1: Good for you. I'm not no forgiven.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try not to sweepy this week. You know that I don't give up at me and trust feel the same way her commerce come to her. You're just talking people business, making up stuff.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying? Why to get cloud radio? I stopped that.
Speaker 3: What's interesting?
Speaker 4: I called Kevin in the street one day, Yeah, Kevin, you don't want this? Yeah, and then he gonna call, like all my Jamaican crew and say, Yo, go done the boy.
Speaker 1: BECKI na, sir, we're bred.
Speaker 3: You're not what you call ant.
Speaker 4: Going back to the car wash in Jersey, Yeah, buddy.
Speaker 1: Had that glock on me.
Speaker 3: What what the hell going on?
Speaker 1: It was? I stayed with it. I got license for Jersey, New York, I got license everywhere. I got about six of them. So would you just stay with it?
Speaker 3: You just showed it?
Speaker 1: No, I had it. Was walking up on him like what's up? And then Jersey police came and was like A T T T come on now. But I was like, yo, he came at me, So what am I supposed to do? I'm defending myself for my life. This was a few years ago. This was a few years ago when I lived up here.
Speaker 3: What do you say to you?
Speaker 1: He just was, hey, Yo, I want you to come to my party. I said, really, bro, after all that y'all talk about me on the radio, y'all want to have me up there in your party. I said, Yo, my man, get away from me. He was like, Yo, who you think you is? Try to play tough with me. Everybody tries to play tough with Tyson, but they don't really know where Tyson come from. B X in the building.
Speaker 2: So you know, you know, I remember one time I was at a party with Wendy and you was in the party and she said, how you doing you?
Speaker 7: And you went, yeah, gonna give me a bill told us so that she uh, she wants to change.
Speaker 8: She would love you know, she wants to write some wrongs and stuff.
Speaker 2: She actually said, we was all she said. She said, based off what you just said about the karma thing. We went to dinner with her. There's probably a few months ago now. She said, I feel like I'm in the position I'm in because of how I used to talk.
Speaker 1: About And I said, is a mother.
Speaker 4: What cocaine is a very dangerous drug. They'll do things to you, make you do stupid things when you mixed the cocktails that her and him was mixing. Anyway, we an't come up here and talk about that.
Speaker 1: Just said, is.
Speaker 4: A show Sunday, No it's not. Yeah, lots of fun. But you know I'm cutting up on that too, So listen, you got to be you.
Speaker 3: I won't say that.
Speaker 2: I just wanted one thing about the karma thing. I do believe in karma. I don't know if karma works necessarily the way people think it works. Like you just put negative out it, negative comes back to you. Because there's a lot of good people that you know, don't you know.
Speaker 4: But like I said, we just were, We're just out here. This is an industry where we're just trying to feed our family. You know, do good, give people entertainment, have a good time, and you know, not be not getting in there anything, you know, because that's what gets that's what gets you to stress.
Speaker 3: I do struggle in therapy with when the therapy. Yeah, I've been going right on, like but when to let go of things?
Speaker 2: Yes, meaning like I know somebody might be I know they might have did me wrong, But how long do I hold on to No?
Speaker 1: I can't, you can't live rent free in my house or in my head. No, I can't do it. Yeah, I've been letting go.
Speaker 4: But sometimes when I get a chance to clap. You know, it's like when I go to gun rage. If I put your post off, I'm letting off people's post up.
Speaker 1: When I don't say that, I don't say who pictures up? But I do put pictures up. You know, bad guys, bad guys. I love eggs. It's like to go off.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's a very serious person.
Speaker 5: He wants you to know listen I read him. I'm like star struggling. I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know you that well.
Speaker 4: And then you know, nowadays you know people people. Oh he touched me inappropriately. So for me, when I meet women in the.
Speaker 1: Street and I'm taking pictures with them, I make sure you know it's a different time.
Speaker 4: Before you can hug somebody, say what you're doing. You just got to be careful because they're gonna hit you with me too.
Speaker 1: Oh he he rubbed my broad strap. Trouble TV mind business out of trouble.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny you said you did kings Court because you wanted to try to change the narrative of yeah, yeah, because you know, I'm very private, but how do you do that very private? I'm just having a good time on the show. I mean, you got to watch it and you see you watch it and.
Speaker 1: You be like, Yo, this dude is funny. He's you know is the first episode was a huge success. People love it.
Speaker 4: You know, I've been getting I haven't gotten I've maybe gotten like four six or six negative you know, people saying something, but the.
Speaker 1: Rest of it has always been good.
Speaker 4: And you know, the Bravo PR team will be like, yo, you really you really witting these people over, you know, because I'm being vulnerable. I cried a couple of times on the episode because you know, it's like sitting down with a therapist.
Speaker 1: You know, That's why I asked you you go. So, I mean I also.
Speaker 4: Have been a few times to a therapist, and you know, you just want to get certain things out there and let people know that, you know, I'm human, man, don't come at me calling me names, making you know, saying I'm this when I'm not.
Speaker 1: And you know it gets to a person, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So, I mean there's people out there that we thought was cool and then you know they don't trial. And then you see, oh that was into that. You're like okay, and I'm like, yo, I've been a choir boy, but yes, still you put me down as I'm somebody who's doing something wrong, you know. So getting on King's Court was another reason for me to let the world see me. And then a lot of people don't get to see that I talk. And if you live in New York, you know me like, yo, that's tea.
Speaker 1: He cool, you know what I mean. He's down to earth.
Speaker 4: He's not like caught up in you know, and I don't get caught up in who I am or what I do.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, I don't take myself too seriously.
Speaker 9: So yeah, the ex that you were talking about that page six, somebody was walking your.
Speaker 4: Dog from way back and you know, she came and she apologized to me and was like, yeah, I made the wrong choice.
Speaker 1: And you know we're friends to this day.
Speaker 9: So we've been trying to figure it out because you got famous, well not a lot of them.
Speaker 8: But you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, see that's the problem when you're in the public life. I'm like, people want to know your business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm on the dating show, so there's more episodes that I talk about different things that happened to me, and it's just life experiences. I mean, what's so great about that story is so many men and women.
Speaker 1: Can relate to it. A lot of people was like, wow, even Tyson beckforgets his heartbroken. And it's true.
Speaker 4: I'm human just like you and we you know, we do the same thing. We want to find love.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm not saying that everybody should go on a show.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a fun experience, but you know it's not for everybody, you know, and I know I'm not for everybody, you know, So I'm not trying to win.
Speaker 1: The world over and like everybody love me. You know, it's all good if you do. If you don't, it's all good. You know.
Speaker 5: Now, you did say, you made it very clear you are not desperate for love, but to getting it.
Speaker 1: I'm open to all of that.
Speaker 4: I'm open to having more kids and all that. I'm the only one on the show is willing to do that. The other two guys are tapped out, so it kind of pushed a lot of traffic my way, but I enjoyed though. Yeah, if you watch the show, you see that I'm having fun. I'm cracking up, you know, me and the guys are. You know, I'm in there with two big giants, so I can't really argue with them too much. But you know, I tried my best and hold my ground and stand on business.
Speaker 2: Can you actually find love at this point in your life when you do have the trust issues that you have?
Speaker 4: But that's so another thing that I learned coming out of the show. I have let my trust issues down. I'm more, you know, I'm a better person by doing it. And like you said, it's like going to therapy. So every time I sat down with you know, to do confessions and stuff like that, I just.
Speaker 1: Say, you know what, what I gotta.
Speaker 4: Lose, I'm just going to keep it real and tell the truth. So that's what I did when I got on there, man, and I had such a good time, and it was like, you know, when you leave therapy, you feel so good, like you just had a great workout. And that's what I felt like every every episode of the show, you know.
Speaker 1: And then when we were letting girls go that didn't need to be there.
Speaker 4: That was that was that was painful for me because I became friends with those people and to see them go with sad on those days. But I knew we needed to move forward. And that's what we need to do in life. We constantly need to move forward.
Speaker 2: Did those trust issues come from you getting your heartbroken or because of all of that?
Speaker 4: All of that and then just you know, dating in New York. You know, I've been dating girls in New York. And then you got a party and you're like, where is she? That's that's my friend she hollering at Yeah. Well, I guess that's that's what they want, what they want.
Speaker 5: Spoke about the girls, some of the girls that went home. Did you ever have like the one ever go home that you're like, damn, yes, her.
Speaker 4: First episode, the girl that went home, she shouldn't have went home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there was another one that should have went home.
Speaker 6: Hey an she still there?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, she's still there.
Speaker 1: I don't know why she's still there, but I see the social media in the internet are clown and what you'd be wearing. But yeah, she's still there.
Speaker 3: Do you actually sleep with they need to winning.
Speaker 4: No, we're not allowed to have sex. We can only kiss and that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha?
Speaker 8: How do they I mean?
Speaker 9: I guess the cameras are rolling always.
Speaker 1: From the minute.
Speaker 4: You got lights like this in your bedroom when you wake up, Yeah, but they don't turn them on until maybe nine ten o'clock in the morning. By that time, I don't I don't been up since six, went to the gym, came back and you know, I got mine door from high So I'm like, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know, how can you really find love if you ain't test drive the card?
Speaker 4: I know, but I mean, it's just it's just it's kind of like old fashioned what people used to do back in the day, used to court the lady before, and that's basically what we're doing, recording and giving them flowers, you know. But it's constantly many dates going on in the house. So one person be like, can I talk to you? So you go over and you start talking to them for a little while until somebody else comes and grabs you. But it is like, you know, the the girls are really fighting for your attention. So's it was like at first, it was like, damn, this is too much.
Speaker 1: I just came out the house.
Speaker 4: I'm not used to this, you know, because I went I went recluse for a while and for me to come out and then come out on this kind of show and be like outside and then hollering at girls. I was like, ah, but I watched a couple episodes and I think I did.
Speaker 3: Alright, why did you go recluse for what?
Speaker 1: Just you know what it is, it's just to rethink game.
Speaker 4: And then you know, I've been writing like scripts on the side, and then I wrote this script about my life called pretty Boy. So that was a nickname that I earned here in the streets of New York. So, you know, a lot of people don't know my back history or how I used to run with the Shower Posse and you know, you know, hang out with the sex money murder crew up. You know, a lot of people don't know my street life. So during those days with Ralph, you know, I was like, Yo. Everybody was like, Yo, you need to write a book. Your life is a movie, my ninja. And I was like, all right, So I did it, and we've been shopping it now. We just had a meeting with BT last week, but there's a lot of mergers going on up there with Paramount and everything, so you know, we're still out here shopping it.
Speaker 1: But I think I want to switch it to now a.
Speaker 4: Feature and then do the do the series later because my original plan was to do the series now, and I wanted to come back shoot here and you know, make it all about the nineties, nineties fashion and everything.
Speaker 1: Because again, you know, yes, I want to do that again.
Speaker 4: And then I want to put some you know, there were so many women that were in my life instrumentally, like my mom, whoever I was dating, you know, my manager, beth A Hartisan.
Speaker 3: So whoever you were dating, all in the well, I want.
Speaker 1: To put that in there, hide none of that. I don't want to keep it real.
Speaker 3: Did you? But were you dating a lot of women or was it just like no.
Speaker 4: Like when I first got in the industry, like you know, women were throwing themselves at me, and I was throwing myself back.
Speaker 1: You know, I have fun. I have fun, man, Let me tell you.
Speaker 4: I mean there's a scene in the script where like I go over to this known supermodel's house and we're supposed to be going on a date and she opened the doors, she's bucket naked, and she just takes advantage of me.
Speaker 1: And I loved every minute of it.
Speaker 4: There was no there was no furniture in the house. It was just a bed and it was just like, you know, the view of the city and yeah, bro, looking down.
Speaker 2: Did you Yeah, pressure to perform sexually because you know, when the ladies see you, it's.
Speaker 4: Like Jamaican man, come on, that's the old school Jamaicans.
Speaker 1: Man, stop that. Stop that if it's your woman. Yeah. Now I young.
Speaker 4: And said, I'm done to that fire for your man. Yeah, man, go ahead with that.
Speaker 1: The old school Jamaican talking. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, it's so interesting because I think we need to bring it back.
Speaker 2: To the beginning just a little bit, because if you if you don't know what we're talking about. Tyson is credited as being the first black male supermodel.
Speaker 1: Mama, your grandma.
Speaker 2: Everybody had their posters up on his wall and they lock of at school.
Speaker 3: What did that title mean to you then? And how is it aged now?
Speaker 1: So for me, it was like I wanted to make sure that we looked good always. You know. That's why I never really got in no trouble.
Speaker 4: I never got caught up with nothing because it was such a title bestowed.
Speaker 1: On me, you know what I mean, working for Ralph Lauren.
Speaker 4: They were such nice people and you know, to this day, I'm still part of that family, and it's just important to always hold your head up and give young black kids somebody to look up to, because I remember growing up like I mean, I was looking up at people like Shaft Richard Rowntree. I had a chance to meet him and he was telling me his.
Speaker 1: Story how he started off as a model. Now he's an actor and you know.
Speaker 4: And I met Lawrence Fishburne one day on the street and he was like, brother, we're waiting for you. And not even a few years later, I was in Biker Boys with him, so you know. And then my first night on set, we were shooting nights, so we had a dinner break and I got to sit with him and talk and he was just like, yo, brother, we gotta you.
Speaker 1: Know, we had a scene together. He was like, yo, you gotta bring it, you know.
Speaker 4: And I was like, all right, well I'm here, you know, and he was like, yay, remember that day in New York.
Speaker 1: We talked about this. So it's like when you start.
Speaker 4: To get those things and those gifts, and you know, you work towards all that stuff and you get these auditions, and you know, it's important, man, because when I walk into you know, a fine hotel, you know, the staff looks at me and say, hey, mister Bedford, are you like this morning I was leaving the hotel and they were like, good morning.
Speaker 1: Mister Bedford. I was like, good morning, you guys have a great day, you know.
Speaker 4: And that's respect. That's like, oh yeah, we don't like that guy. It's none of that. It's always love. So I try to want to be the best I can be as a black man because there's so much pressure put on us, and you know, every time you turn on the news, one of us doing something that's not good. So every time I come on the TV, I want us to be something like, man, I'm proud of that brother. That brother's good.
Speaker 1: From where he came from and what he used to do and what he's doing now. It's a big difference. Man.
Speaker 4: So I thank God every day that I got this life, you know, and then you just gotta protect it. You gotta stay stay cool, stay away from the baby oil. But I do like baby you know, but yeah, you gotta stay away from Yeah, you gotta stay away from all that stuff because yeah, there's that temptation.
Speaker 1: You could have been invited to them baby oil parties, but.
Speaker 4: You said no, you know, you could have been on you know, I was invited to come to that thing that Epstein had in South in Africa.
Speaker 1: I didn't go.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I don't know him did.
Speaker 4: So, but yeah, no, I mean it's like sometimes I sit back and I see some of the stuff on the news.
Speaker 1: I was like, I know that mold try to get me, you know.
Speaker 4: So it's like things that it's there, the opportunity for you to get in trouble, it's there. You just got to know, Like, now I'm gonna go home. Like I have this friend who's a model as well. His name is Corey, and Corey always say hey, and he's from Tennessee, said.
Speaker 1: He nothing good happened after two am, Toss and Bedford. I'm already in bed. I'm already in bed. I'm in the house by six.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't they don't need to be outside. There ain't nothing going on. If it ain't work, I ain't going.
Speaker 8: The baby or your hot And I know you didn't you.
Speaker 1: Use it on set, you know to get that shine.
Speaker 8: I know you're an idiot.
Speaker 1: Had Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I still want to tell the story about how we got into it.
Speaker 1: In the Street, and a lot of people don't know that story. But one day I'm gonna tell it.
Speaker 4: If you ever have a podcast, I sit down with you will tell you the podcast.
Speaker 1: But I don't got the time.
Speaker 4: It's a real it's a real street story because one day I was.
Speaker 1: Minding my business. I went to go get a tattoo on Fifth Avenue. I'm gonna make it real.
Speaker 4: Short, take a breath, No, you're yeah, okay, So let me tell you a story. So I was standing in front of the tattoo Paul talking to a friend of mine, which I thought was my friend.
Speaker 1: And Groovy Lou pulled up with some girl.
Speaker 4: Because you know that back then, bad Boy used to be round the corner from fifth and nineteenth or twentieth Street somewhere around there. So you know, I'm minding my business. He come up with this girl and say, yo, take a picture with my friend. And I say, yo, my man, I'm having a conversation. He was like what you mean and started getting tough for me. I said, Yo, Lou, don't talk to me like that. Come on, we boys, and he was like, nah, I talked to you ever whatever. I was like, Nah, bro, this ain't happening. So then he swung on me and I was yes, and I went back like this, I said, I looked at Oh, no he didn't. So we got the fight and I got to beating the brakes off that man, and then a NYPD officer came by on the motorcycle.
Speaker 1: And we stopped.
Speaker 4: And then by that time I had if you look, I got, I got a slice right here, so that's why I got that.
Speaker 1: I got six stitches in the top of.
Speaker 4: My head because I ran him into the wall and then my head also hit the wall, so bud's coming down my face. I have on a wife beating a tank top for those who don't know, So I put it on there, you know, the bleeding, you know, stopped the bleeding, and the cop says, what's going on? He knew, damn well what was going on, but he looked like he was about to go turn in the bike and go home.
Speaker 1: So we both were like, yeah, nothing.
Speaker 4: So he left and then I went to go after after Lou again.
Speaker 1: Lou ran around the corner. We know where he went.
Speaker 4: He went upstairs the bad boy and brought down Puff and some other goons, maybe about five six people. So my Homeboy West, which we're not friends anymore. He dipped on me, so they started coming at me. Puff started talking junk or whatever, and I'm backing up. I'm like, yo, my man, I don't want this, y'all don't want this. So my land Cruiser was on I think it was on sixth Avenue or something. This was before nine to eleven. I had a pistol grip Mosburg in the back, which you know, trust me, I know, I know why I needed it. So I went to the back, opened the land Cruiser, cocked it. I said, look, I only got five in here. Puffy, you gonna get it first, and big Man, you gonna get it first. The rest of y'all, I'm just gonna I'm gonna shower you with it. So that was, you know, the gist of the whole story. And then Puff went and called my manager and he.
Speaker 1: Was like, Yo, Ma, Yo, Ma, your boy. Wow. She said, Yo, he's Jamaican.
Speaker 3: Leave me alone.
Speaker 1: He will done you.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean, I could have saved the world a whole lot of trouble and took him out back then.
Speaker 1: But then we were not so y'all. I mean, we're cool. Our kids went to school.
Speaker 4: I'm not cool with him now, the man in years, but yeah, he know, you know, don't mess with me. That's how we came friends with some of the body guys that worked with him at the time.
Speaker 1: And then actually one of them, we're getting ready produce something too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did, we did.
Speaker 4: And then I don't know what ever happened to that that didn't something like, oh, we're going to give the money to the United Negro College for or something. So I didn't get the money win the lawsuit, yes, supposedly, but we didn't get no money. We didn't get paid for it. It was two year contract, you know. He gave me one year of the money and then didn't you know, he's you know again karma And this was after this is yeah, this is after we you know, we became cool again and whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, I just never we just was never.
Speaker 4: We could never be cool because just I was too straight for him and he was just on whatever he was on, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So you know, commerce where it's at.
Speaker 4: Know, we're here talking about this and he's where he at.
Speaker 9: I got one last question about it, though, because when the lawsuit was happening, you said that you you couldn't understand where it came from.
Speaker 4: I didn't understand where it came from. But over the years, I know where it came from, you know what I mean? Where we talked about that off the radio. Yeah, I'll tell you that she was after the radio.
Speaker 2: You know, you either do it now or write a book.
Speaker 1: Book. I'm writing the book.
Speaker 3: Really, the book.
Speaker 1: I'm doing the book. The book is being done.
Speaker 4: It's just that because I have this, uh this production deal for Pretty Boy, I can't you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but all that's gonna be in in Pretty Boy.
Speaker 4: There was another story, So I'm gonna put that that in there because that's a cold scene, you know, standing on sixth Avenue with a shotgun.
Speaker 3: That's wold.
Speaker 4: You know, since we talking about old shit, you you kind of bought some of this stuff up.
Speaker 3: You remember the room of Superhead used.
Speaker 4: To say, Yeah, I mean that's another one. Like, I mean, come on, girl, you can't.
Speaker 1: I never hung out with Tiger. I'm like, I don't even know that ninja like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I met him a couple of times at the hip hop event and that's it. But again, where is she?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Who is she it's.
Speaker 4: Nobody just out here trying to tell stories on She don't name how many of us, you know what I mean, And it's like, girl, go sit down somewhere.
Speaker 1: How did it bother me?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: If I was you know one time? She so let me tell you how that rumor started.
Speaker 4: She called me one time talking about, oh, I need some money, I need a place to stay. So evidently we lived in Jersey together. I guess Tiger lived in Jersey too somewhere and he lived I lived in Fort Lee at the time, so he lived around somewhere in that area. And they got into some fight. So I don't know how she remembered my phone number and called me, and I was like who this. I was like, nah, I'm getting involved because I liked them my business, So.
Speaker 1: I denied her. And then the next and you know, that came about and I was like you petty, you petty? I mean, so again these people just hating and just mad. I don't know why people want to pick on.
Speaker 2: Me, but I think over time we've all learned like that kind of is powerful.
Speaker 3: The course, when.
Speaker 1: Whenever you when you ever, you run out, and I'm gonna tell everybody busy but yeah, she was passed around.
Speaker 3: You know, No, I didn't mean that.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: People like people like oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and that's and you know, that's like it's childish because he's like, what can.
Speaker 1: I say to them? Get at him or get him mad.
Speaker 4: I'm the most masculine dude ever. I got gay friends. Yeah, but I have nothing, no problems with the gay community. And they always back me up and be like, no, he's not like that. He's you know, he's he's he's just one who looks out for us.
Speaker 1: And I don't believe in people picking on them for no reason. And yeah, I will fight you.
Speaker 4: If you if I see you messing with somebody because they're trans or they're gay, that's just that's not that's not right, you know what I mean. We're all human beings, we're all people of this world. You know, we're all God's kids. But why are you picking on somebody because of their sexual preference? What do you care what somebody doing in their house?
Speaker 1: That's not your business.
Speaker 4: So I believe that you know, people who throw that stigmatism on me or that that that you know, that name calling, it's just childish your.
Speaker 8: Money, because I know Kim Kardashian No never never.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she she learned her lesson too. You know.
Speaker 4: They they went after her, they got her, they got her, straighten her ass out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just you know what it is. I've always supported them and everything that they do. They support me in fashion. I mean some of the people I work with are gay, by and trans, you know, so.
Speaker 4: It's it's like it's they're normal people to me. You know, when we're at work, we're at work. But if I see you doing something that's not right, I'm gonna say something. I'm not gonna sit back. And like you know, in Jamaica they look down upon that. Even in jim I'm like, yo, leave the man alone. Why are you bother them. He didn't come over here trying to hit on you, So leave him alone. So you know, for me, I stand up for.
Speaker 1: All rights, you know, because it's a human thing and if you don't, you're not human.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: How do you think Tyson Beckford would have handled Instagram and TikTok back in the nineties because so toxic?
Speaker 1: Man, man, I don't think I would have came out of my house.
Speaker 4: Because I was just I was just everywhere doing all kinds of stuff. But you know what I mean, somebody would have stitched on me. Hey yo and MYPD over here with these dudes with these rags.
Speaker 1: No, stop it. Yeah, I don't think we were ready for it. You know. I'm you know, I'm on it, but I'm not really on it. You know.
Speaker 4: I try to post different things, you know, cars, bikes, you know, I just try to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I try to post.
Speaker 4: What little bit I know, but I'm not really savvy on it, like most people are making tiktoks and all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. I'm not good.
Speaker 2: Did you ever feel like you had to be the goon because you were labeled the pretty boy because they were throwing the game?
Speaker 1: No, I just was a goon, man. I couldn't help it. I'm just a goon. I was like, I mean, I was like you, I years old.
Speaker 4: I got caught up from FBI files with the with the shower posse and just.
Speaker 1: It was a goon. I just was around goons, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And that necessarily didn't mean that I was going to do like they did all the time. I was a smart goon. I saw something else going on, Like I had this love for.
Speaker 1: Being a thespian. I wanted to be an actor from when I was.
Speaker 4: Six years old, and just being in the street was just you know, messing with the goons, having fun.
Speaker 1: And then when when the red lights red and blue.
Speaker 4: Lights came, I was like, yeah, I gotta go. You know, It's just I never wanted to get caught.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I always knew when to leave, and I just knew, and I just knew, like I got I got.
Speaker 1: Better things going on than this. I'm not gonna be no you know what I mean, I'm not going to be no cell. I was raised the crazy thing because.
Speaker 4: A friend of mine was like, yo, you should mardel bro, And I was like, really.
Speaker 3: Was he a goon? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was a good yeah yeah. And even the goons wanted me out of the street. They was like, yo, bro, you you got too much to be out here doing this.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: And before my brother got killed, you know, rest in peace, he was. He was one who.
Speaker 4: Said, yo, put the gun down, man and get out of this business. You know, go into that entertainment. Because he saw me in the Source magazine and he was like, yo, that was that was nice, and all the goons seeing it up in the Bronx, and it.
Speaker 1: Was like, Yo, they would help me up in the street.
Speaker 11: You're coming to the Nah, I'm miss this one, you know. Yeah, I literally we used to We used to rob drug dealers. Yeah yeah, we used to rob drug.
Speaker 1: Dealers back in the day.
Speaker 4: They're gonna call the police on you. Just wanted to say, you know what, I'm gonna get in that in the record.
Speaker 1: This is thirty plus years ago.
Speaker 4: The cops is retired now them Feds is gone. You know they all sitting at home.
Speaker 5: Was that their way of celebrating the source magazine, Let's go do a round.
Speaker 3: No, it was just it was always planning.
Speaker 1: We used to call them jokes back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna go on to jokes. And we used to always have you always got this?
Speaker 3: You were just like you can't.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, smart man.
Speaker 1: Always keep a handkerchief. It's a handkerchief. By the way, NYPD getting task for us. It's a black handkerchief.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He's neutral means nothing.
Speaker 2: List have the term male supermodel ever limited you more than it helped you?
Speaker 3: Especially?
Speaker 4: I think so Yeah when it comes to acting, I think they just think you're a pretty boy and you can't, you know. And then that's why I said, you know what, I really need to take this pretty boy title somewhere, and that's what it did with the script. So you know, we sitting, we waiting, so hopefully somebody want to pick us up.
Speaker 1: But we are in talks with a lot of different people though, so it's a good thing. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Has there been any other male supermodels out the time?
Speaker 8: It is doing amazing right now.
Speaker 1: I love. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We got a chance to work together and that was amazing, and I try to encourage him every every time I want. I actually offered him a rolling pretty boy.
Speaker 8: Oh and he is, like everything about him is just yeah.
Speaker 1: He's just together. Pretty. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's got a little brother that looks like him too, so yeah, I want to throw him in there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you know, I want to give back somehow.
Speaker 9: And happy to hear that though, because he gets a lot of first like he's walking runways for the first time as a black male model even now, and it's like we're here in twenty twenty five, so he probably needs the support sometimes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, he definitely does. I support them all time. We send each other means and we laugh and we crack up.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: That's why my favorite thing about Instagram me DM and my boys and say, hey look at this right here, you see.
Speaker 1: This, and we're cracking up all day. So yeah, I mean that's the that's the thing that we got to do in the industry. We got to support each other. We can't be like, oh man, he's the next me. I'm never worried.
Speaker 4: You know, I did my thing, I had fun, and he just he's just a good soul. You know, when you meet him, he's a good soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah you are.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. Also, Solange's son Jules, he also.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, his grandmother has reached out.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then we had Garcel yesterday brought her son by to the photo shoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So her son, Jade's he's modeling as well, and my son is doing the same thing.
Speaker 1: So anything that I can give them, because I'm the o G.
Speaker 4: You know, they all they call me Legen Leedge now the Ledge, So I try to help them out because it's such a it's such a great industry for us because it what's our images out there, and it lets people know when you get on the elevator, he's not gonna steal my purse. You know, he's he's a Calvin model. He's this such model, you know. So I think it's good for us to have a nice image out there of good looking young man doing positive things. You know, my son is twenty six, he'll be twenty.
Speaker 1: Seven in October. I don't put this business out there. I'm sorry. If you look like you, yeah he does. He's looked like a Puerto Rican version of me though he got long hair. People be like he'd be like no, no, no, no, no no no, Like come on, man.
Speaker 4: You got to learn some Spanish because our grandfather is from Panama.
Speaker 1: So I do have Spanish in my blood. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So how did you become a star?
Speaker 2: I guess because when you name all of these other these male models, that's a big thank you.
Speaker 1: Charlam Man start.
Speaker 3: You like an eye coon?
Speaker 4: You are calls me that? Yeah, so I mean, and that's another thing. When you put that kind of thinking on somebody, the icon, you really have to start to try to live up to that.
Speaker 1: It'll be out on the street flagging and doing things. You know.
Speaker 4: You know, everybody in New York know me and they know man, that's tice man. He's a nice kid and you know, we we've been here.
Speaker 1: We came to New York. We came to this.
Speaker 4: Country in the seventies, you know, and we was you know, people we just called the book people are here and coconuts, and you know, we got called all type of names, you know, as as as immigrants and stuff.
Speaker 1: You know. So it's it's tough out here, man.
Speaker 4: You know, shout outs to all the immigrants out here running from ice.
Speaker 1: They're dangerous. Man.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like the fashion industry has become more inclusive since your peak?
Speaker 3: Are is still like diversity optics.
Speaker 1: It's getting better. Like from the time that I've got in it.
Speaker 4: To now, it's getting really good. I'm seeing more diversity. I'm seeing I'm seeing Asian, I'm seeing Latino, I'm seeing You're seeing Gaye, seeing trans You're seeing all these people now in fashion.
Speaker 1: And the crazy thing is the people of the world are fashion.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: You go down the street and you like, take your outfit.
Speaker 4: For instance, that top is really nice, and then she's got her and he's chilling with the.
Speaker 1: Old school death throw shirt on.
Speaker 4: It's everyone always had some kind of fashion on, so we're always in fashion.
Speaker 1: You know, It's just does fashion.
Speaker 4: Fashion never let us in before, but now we're in, right, you know what I mean, you think.
Speaker 1: About all these designers now you.
Speaker 9: Were when you were moving around with Rolf Lauren, Like I rest a story about Biggie stopping you and asking you about the shirt that you had.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Me and Big used to kick it all the time because Big Big used to always wear Ralph Lauren, you know, I mean it was popular in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: You know, it's popular in Queens, Bronx everything.
Speaker 4: And you know, I am a low life if you know who those guys are, and you know Big Chios.
Speaker 1: To Thirst and how the third that is.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was just something that we hip hop people took took on those some of these brands that we made these brands big, you know. I mean, now you look at fashion shows and they're playing hip hop.
Speaker 1: There's you know, I just walked into.
Speaker 4: D Square show back in February, and you know you have all these rappers you know that were in the show with us, and it's just that's that's what fashion is. Everybody wears it, you know. So it's cool man to see all this and it's back in the day when I was doing it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't any of that.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't You wasn't hearing rap music walking down the run ray of shows.
Speaker 1: You know, you weren't here playing on the sets. You know. Now you go on the set and they're like, yo, what do you want to hear? And like, oh really, you know, did.
Speaker 3: You have to feel pressure that represent something bigger than yourself?
Speaker 1: As? Oh? Yeah? Always?
Speaker 4: Always, And that's that's a lot of times when I step out to do certain things, I look at it this way, how is this going to benefit our people? So for me now it's not about the money. It's about how's this going to benefit our people? And it's going to make us look good? So anything I can do, you know for that? I mean when when you're an ambassador, you're just an ambassador. Whether it's for politics, fashion, movie, TV.
Speaker 1: You're just an ambassador.
Speaker 4: And that's what we we need to recognize and start doing as a people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna go back to the show, right, let's go right what you're here for? Okay, So you made a joke on the show right like that you would be a power couple with two of the ladies.
Speaker 1: Are or I'm not. I'm not shy of it. I had two girlfriends before. A couple of times I did that and it was it was it's tough. Did they know about each other? Yeah? They were, they were you know, all this was in the bed.
Speaker 9: Yeah, casually I had two girlfriends, a lot.
Speaker 4: Of there's a lot of guys out there in the industry now, I mean my comedian yes, yes, the right, you know that was we was before. Yeah, But again I just always kept it private.
Speaker 1: I got you, you know the world don't need to know that.
Speaker 6: What Okay, but what about it? It's hard, you said, it's hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard because.
Speaker 4: You're dealing with, as my mom always says, she's somebody's daughter. So you're dealing with two emotions. And if you can get them like on the same level, like how d Ray and Neil, because when.
Speaker 1: You look at it, you're like, man, they're all on the same wavelength. You know. Now Neil has all three of them, you know, pregnant.
Speaker 4: So I was like, okay, that's before. But if you can provide for them and take care of them, hey, who am I to tell you you can't do it?
Speaker 1: I mean I was there, you know them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I got to take care of my ladies.
Speaker 1: You know, I can't leave them, send them on the street and not yum yummed up. You know. So I'm gonna have to make some tea shirts.
Speaker 4: To you young young so you're still not opposed to know, I'm still not opposed to it.
Speaker 1: I was really trying on.
Speaker 5: The show, okay, because I'm like, i'mou oh man, gonna tell you you gotta.
Speaker 4: Watch and see Sunday nights at nine pm on Bravo watch what Happens. But yeah, it's I'm telling you, it's probably one of the coolest shows on Bravo. There's not a lot of drama. It's just it's more fun. And you're like, oh, well that is who's on the show with me. He calls me the the black Hugh Hefner. So there's a there's a couple of episodes where the boys are out and I'm home by myself with all the girls, and I got my cowboy hat on and my my HOUCHI daddy shorts on and I'm jumping in the cold tub.
Speaker 1: And then there's a point where I jump in the cold tub with two girls. So you know, ha fun.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's regular for me to get married at the end of all of this. Yeah, yeah, you would have two wives or you want to If I.
Speaker 1: Could have two wives and four or two ones, I would do it. Yeah. Why love is love? Yeah? Yeah, I gotta, I gotta. I'm gonna start my own modeling agency.
Speaker 8: With your kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I think that we are going to come to a point where polygamy is going to be a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean I think it's going to be normal.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: It's not for everybody. But if I can find one love, I'm happy with that too. You know. But if you want to love me, who am I to say? No?
Speaker 3: Have you been in real love?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: I got my heart broken real So there's a lot of you see that sprinkled throughout the show where I'm just like, I don't know if I trust this one. But you know, it's gonna get spicy. It's gonna get harder.
Speaker 3: Than somebody that people know.
Speaker 1: Maybe they know them, yeah, we know them, made them know them.
Speaker 3: Maybe didn't know.
Speaker 8: That super.
Speaker 1: Over there over there looking computers. She got to live.
Speaker 9: I mean history, you got the name.
Speaker 8: I don't know people, So I know.
Speaker 1: Is this we will let's speak about Let's go. Let's so yeah.
Speaker 4: So the show is at nine pm Sunday night, So bro, watch what happens and then I'm on watch What Happens Live right after that.
Speaker 1: So I'm on there with Octavia? Is it Octavia?
Speaker 3: I'm on there with yeah, double Whammy. I can't wait to watch that, just to see how you act on right.
Speaker 4: And then I want you to get on the radio and talk smack and then I'm gonna give you my number you called me and we're gonna talk junk.
Speaker 3: Talk in front of them, know you. Hey, but they're not going to ask you the stuff we was asking.
Speaker 4: So sure, I think they do ask A lot of girls asked me a lot of the questions, you know. And then what I need to learn in life is to ask women more questions to know more about them. I think I'm so caught up with their beauty. I don't ask enough.
Speaker 1: Questions, especially on this show. I need to ask more questions.
Speaker 4: I'll be like, Hey, when is Charlavayne and Tyson doing that podcast?
Speaker 1: I do want to know the t I.
Speaker 2: Do want to know what's one insecurity you had at the height of your career that nobody would believe.
Speaker 1: I was very shy when I first started.
Speaker 4: I was very not outgoing, and then I didn't want people to know that.
Speaker 1: I always second guess myself, you know.
Speaker 4: And then somewhere out of maybe the first year of the Ralph Lauren contract, I started to gain this confidence. Like I looked in the mirror, didn't even recognize myself, and I'm like, yo, you should be the shy Jamaican kid who who would laugh and cover his gap. And now it's I'm not that kid anymore, you know what I mean. So, you know, a lot of times when I run into people from my pastor's like, oh my god, you're so You're so vibrant, You're so out and lively now, you know.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, yeah, an impost syndrome.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it.
Speaker 4: Was, really, man, I really can't put a put a finger on what it was, but you know, it was just I guess being around like other confident people made me feel like I could be confident too.
Speaker 1: And I think that a lot.
Speaker 4: Of young people struggle with this, whether it's them trying to figure out their sexuality, what they like, and you know, high school is tough for people, you know, But like ninth grade.
Speaker 1: I struggled. Tenth grade, you know, I was, I was in the news.
Speaker 4: I kept changing schools, and then by tenth grade, I was just like, you know, I'm starting to come into my own.
Speaker 1: And then the summer after tenth grade, I.
Speaker 4: You know, I started hitting the waits, and then eleventh grade the women were like all over me.
Speaker 1: By that time, I was starting to build up more confidence, you know.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I had I had a good time in high school, and you know, it was it was it was you know, coming of age for me, you know.
Speaker 5: At this point, like even on the show, right, because these people, these women are already coming and knowing Tyson Beckford, right.
Speaker 4: But they didn't know, they didn't know at the time who were the Kings on the show until they got there, until they came out, and then you revealed and they saw us.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of girls. If the camera catches his face, you'd be like.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you know, yeah, yeah, you get that oh my god effect. And it was really it was cool, you know because they're probably thinking.
Speaker 1: That, why is he on a dating show? Right? And then everyone in.
Speaker 4: The world is thinking that, right, yeah you were you probably were like what are you doing? But it's like, I'm not going to get tender or none of that other stuff. I'm so old school. I'll beat there at the launch. Man, what's happening? You want to roller corders?
Speaker 2: So you know you just used to meet people out in about supermarket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I met women at the supermarket.
Speaker 1: Fine. No, I'm in Miami, so it's public to me. So I met this fine lady at the bank one day.
Speaker 4: The Haitian lady. She was speaking to me and crew. I was like, La, I don't know what I was saying to her, but she was smiling though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, hey, hey, Charla made to God.
Speaker 4: So let me tell you brother, We're on Bravo at nine pm on Sunday and watch what Happens Lives right after that.
Speaker 1: I love it. Oh.
Speaker 3: I got a couple of questions.
Speaker 2: Have you ever felt like the industry was more in love with your image than you as a person.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think that because they didn't I didn't get to do interviews like this back then.
Speaker 1: I think they were more in love with what they saw and didn't know me.
Speaker 4: So then when a lot of people saw me and got to meet me, it was like, yo, he a little thug.
Speaker 1: But he all right though, you know, he's like sophisticated.
Speaker 4: Uh So, I think us being able to do these kind of things, and now with social media, people get a better understanding of who you are.
Speaker 3: Do you want to let people in?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Do you want to It's like it's like my shirt. My shirt says, come on.
Speaker 4: When I say you want to let people, do not turn around?
Speaker 1: Read the shirt.
Speaker 5: Let me keep your heart three keep your heart.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm a big fan of him. So yeah, and that's like one of my favorite songs.
Speaker 3: So you think the typan Befo could exist in today's era of male models, Yeah, I think he could.
Speaker 1: He could run court with all of them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They might say he's too alpha you know this generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I am very alpha.
Speaker 4: So yeah, no, I think I think there's there's there's a there's a position for somebody like me.
Speaker 1: Who's who's you know, really out for like that, you know.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean a lot of the guys that I came up with in the nineties, that's how we were.
Speaker 1: We were the beefcake models.
Speaker 4: We worked out, we lift weights, you know, we we did push ups before shows, and you know, we're back there working out. I think that's gone now. You know, guys don't want to be buff like that no more. But yeah, I mean I got up this morning, did my three hundred crunches and my four hundred push ups, and you know I still still do it. Yeah. For me, it's mental, you know, So I need that. It gives me that get up and go in the morning, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get ready for them to ladies. That's it, That's right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna need that.
Speaker 3: Tyson Backford Ladies and Jenimen a pleasure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro, thank you for having me up here. I got a new address, new building. It's really nice and new people.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, don't be a strange It might be stuff you.
Speaker 1: Want to know what I mean? Yeah, I mean if you want me to come.
Speaker 4: I'm always dropped by brother, especially if I got something to talk to you about, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but if you ever do a podcast, call me and then I'll tell you everything.
Speaker 8: Podcast network.
Speaker 1: He didn't invite me on yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think you should write like me.
Speaker 4: And yeah, we're writing the book. But me and Fat Joe we got stories. By the way, check out.
Speaker 1: Rewind rewind the ten with Me and Fact everybody.
Speaker 3: What do you mean stories?
Speaker 1: We have stories.
Speaker 4: We were like Bronx kids, like you have you seen the podcast with Jada and yeah, we got stories.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be people that watch this to be like Tyson Capping and they be thinking he's sound.
Speaker 5: Like funny comical a lot of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he's for real.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 1: I remember Joe back in the days, and you know he was he was he was going.
Speaker 6: To go to high school together.
Speaker 4: No, we didn't go to high school together, but he was over there with them and I was over there with the other them.
Speaker 1: And and it was like we was real goons.
Speaker 4: We never ran into each other until like when Joe started coming out with the music and then like Joe biz a g and all of them because we were all Bronx kids and we all used to go to the Fever and all that stuff. So yeah, what story do you have A never ran No, I'm saying he has his set of stories.
Speaker 1: I have my set of stories as well. Yeah, we definitely was. We was definitely in the streets, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah at.
Speaker 1: The hour I was there.
Speaker 8: On the tunnel and they mentioned you was there.
Speaker 4: Every night taking my off and getting searched and you know, we kept the clack clack in the car car. You know, outside, I was outside. I was really outside. And when I think about it now, I'm riding the train with U. Because you know, my street name was two Guns. At one point, I.
Speaker 3: Was just like two guns. At one point, I just.
Speaker 1: Lead the guns. I had to leave the guns in.
Speaker 3: Your name was not two guns out.
Speaker 1: Look it up? Look it up?
Speaker 3: Look it up?
Speaker 6: You know you podcast podcast.
Speaker 4: I hope to get on there them, Jeda, because I love them too. Why didn't I guess this is my last question. Why didn't things really work out in Hollywood? Was it a role you turned down?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What? No, It's just that you know, they're the gatekeepers. Hollywood is a gatekeepers. They want to let who in when they want to let it.
Speaker 4: I mean I did at least twenty something movies like from Biker Boys, Zulander and all of that, But for me, I.
Speaker 1: Never getting Yeah, I'm I'm still looking for that script, man. I'm looking for that right script to really take that role. You know. And I remember the late Andre Herral used to always tell me you need to play some cycle sexy killer. Every time Andre would see me, he would hit me with that line.
Speaker 4: I'm like, Andre, you in Hollywood, you tell them, let's write the script.
Speaker 1: But it's I feel like Hollywood is gatekeeper.
Speaker 4: They'll they'll let who they wanted, you know what I mean, Because I don't I don't. I don't hate on everybody that's out there now, But like I man, me and Indriest used to go to Suzanne who back in the day, you know, and then that's when Cardy and them was dancing and who else somebody else was dancing too, But yeah.
Speaker 2: We like back in the day, by the way, yeah, think about it, there was what two thousand and ninety nine somewhere back then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cardy would have been like.
Speaker 1: She was then.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying when we used to go to sus that's that's a while back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting, You bought a bandre he Rescue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm listening to you talk, and when I'm listening to you talking, reminds me of somebody that Andre used to tell me about.
Speaker 3: It was Christopher Williams.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Chris, Chris. Me and Chris did a couple of plays together. And Chris is talented, but Chris was a good Chris was Chris is a good Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know personally, but I'm sinking.
Speaker 4: And I think it's because he was light skinned, had the curly hair.
Speaker 1: You know, I was pretty boy.
Speaker 4: It's we're forced into that because people want to pick on us. So you've got to defend yourself. Like my mom dropped me off at martial arts from when I was little. So I've been beating ass for a long time, you know what I mean. I've been in I can count my street fights. I've been in thirty eight street fights, no losses. And I'm not out there looking for fights. But then I went to Golden Gloves and then I did uh crawlmgrad and I did all of that stuff, man, And what it does for you, it just keeps you right. Like now, I trained with members of Seal Team six in Florida, and you know, I trained with Coast Guard and some Miami Dade PD and I'm now certified NRI Instructor for car being, shotgun and pistols, So you know, I know my way around because it's something that you might use in Hollywood. I mean, look at Keanu Reeves. You know he was you know, he was like doing the surfer movies and stuff, and then boom, looks where he's at Now he's John Wick, one the scariest man on the planet, and he'd be riding the train. So yeah, I like to do normal things, but you also got to be able to protect yourself at all times.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Hey, King's Court is cool. We need the Tyson Bafferty.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm trying to tell Andy co Andy Cohen, I'm telling you on the own show.
Speaker 8: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Check it out man, nine pm on Sundays, King's Court. Tyson.
Speaker 2: It was a pleasure, brother, Yes, brother, always it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club.