Speaker 1: Hey everyone, I'm Devin Simone and I am Davion Rogers, and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast. We beat, Yes it is. And this episode was called Don't let TJ Decide, but I'm also gonna call it Horacio Wakes Up episode because baby he finally was like, hold up, wait a minute, let me put Hurracio in it finally, which is good because I they just I don't you know, my boy. But we'll get to that. Let's talk about this episode. So first, we have the Challenge Daily calls off in the distance. It's the mini final. You know, those are grueling, those are long, Those are just a taste of what it's going to be when you actually make it to TJ's final. We have teams of four. We see some cutting of the ropes, we see some caring of heavy things. We see some people sort of gas out. We see some people really struggle with counting of squares. Just a moment for that. But ultimately we see team Michelle, Mariah, Kyland, and James come out. Also proof that you should never quit because Tyellow that was way in the back at a point they took the lead for a minute, So anything is possible. Like TJ says, don't quit. Then we get into voting and we see them vote in Hirasio, which is sort of shocking because we have Kylon, who is Hirassio's number one on the winning team, but it looks like it wasn't enough to say Arrasio. Then we have the House votes. Now we know how this goes. We know how TJ plays. TJ does not like two things. He doesn't like missmach shoes and he doesn't like to have to pick who's gonna go into elimination because y'all, couln't come up with the vote. I don't know I came up with mix mac shoes. But we're just gonna roll with it. And this is what happened. They go for a stale mate between Ed and he Manuel, and so ultimately that means it's left in TJ's hands, which is a bold decision, especially because we are still living in the chaos of it all. So who knows. Well, it turns out our mercenary is none other than the big, the bad, the swagtastic c T. He really doesn't even need an introduction. He just needs to do his little grunt and like a walk in and that's enough, but it's C and CT since he automatically gets to pick because he has the chaos, then he chooses. We thought it was gonna be Jah. You am surprised it was not, Jay. I know Day was very disappointed by it. I was disappointed too, but I respect what CT said, and ultimately he picks a soft looks like we should have paid attention back in algebra. I don't even know if this is algebra. It's probably technically not, but whatever. Either way, they struggled with the puzzle, but ultimately CT comes out on top the big winner. He is still the champ and the Champ of Champs for a reason. That means ten K is gone from the prize pot and now deep in CT's pockets, and ASoft is heading home, but not without a sort of heart wrenching, loving Hallmark movie of it All moment where everyone runs down and gives us off a big hugs. We even see lots of tears. TJ says quote, I have not seen the house this sad all season except Who. He was a close second because they were very sad. When Who he went shout out to Who, We Wow, it was a lot this episode. Day, I know you've been wanting to see the CT episode. How did you feel after seeing it? The math ain' math in? It ain't math in across literally a third splitzer, because what are we talking about? We have waited. CINC has been in all of the clips, all of them. I know all of the team. I know and hit did it even pick J.
Speaker 2: Now I get it as somebody who's playing the game, you trying to get this TENK and go home. I get it, CT, I get it, But you could have did this for me for the viewers know what.
Speaker 1: I agree, But I respected what he said, which is to me, it is the high road. Although the Pettimes still want to see it, and I want to see mainly because J has been running the season, so it's always nice to see someone kind of like have to get down and dirty then and they've been having everyone else see the dirty work. But I do respect the TT said. Look, I'm not gonna hold the grudge because you beat me. You beat me fair and square. I feel like that's the talk of actually a true champion, like a real winner, which is like, oh, I'm not making excuses for why you won. You won cool. I don't have a bendetta against you. Now, it doesn't mean that in future seasons we won't see c T take swipes it Jay at some point. You know, like we don't know what's gonna happen, but I can respect that He's basically like, look, I haven't been sitting at home holding this grudge. I'm gonna do something different. But girl, I did I wanted to see.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think he was scared that that Jay may beat him again?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't. I feel like because look, even though Jay beat him, I feel like Jordan would say this, even Nanners would say this, CT would say this. They're all chap well, no, no, no, But here's my point. Here's my point back up. My point is is that on a different day, it could be anyone. So you can have an equal level of champs, but ultimately sometimes it's just not your day. You get what I'm saying. It doesn't mean that that person is definitively better than you. It just means that, I mean, even look at Bananas. We saw they've showed a clip of the CT or the Banana's backpack moment, which is infamous, but we've also seen Bananas beat CT right, like as in finals, So any day could be your day or not. So I don't think and I don't think Jays proven himself enough to be a definitive CT slayer, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, you beat him, great, but you're not Like, So, I don't think CT walks in there being like, oh, he's definitely gonna beat me, Like, I think that's given a whole lot of problems.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying when I when I when I say, do you think CT was scared? Meaning do you think CT was like, No, I came here to prove myself as a champ, and he's also said he had something to prove to himself that he still has it.
Speaker 1: So do you think he.
Speaker 2: Was like, you know what, there is a possibility that Jay might beat me, So let me not even dive into that.
Speaker 1: I'd like to think no, but maybe that's a possibility, or maybe he's saving it for season forty, like maybe he's hoping if it's going to be like a bigger moment. I don't I don't know, but I do think, like I don't think CT's afraid of Jane. No, of course not.
Speaker 3: You know, I know that, but I.
Speaker 2: Think something was like maybe let me, let me let me we don't know what also, but it could but he also picks, and he picked us off though, who is not a wallflower?
Speaker 1: So it's not like he picked someone who's two feet tall and tiny. You know, it's not like he's like, let me just pick the small sky up there, like soft is not that And he knew nothing about us OFFT so for all he knows, a soft could be a stronger petitive competitor than Jay, And arguably a soft looks strong just in the jersey at least looks stronger and a little bit bigger than J. So yeah, I don't think it was a let me pick who I think is gonna be the weaker person at all. Like I think a CT really was just like let's just try it out kind of vibe rather than but who, I know you had feelings for this episode, so we've got to get into let's start with your time outs. I know this is gonna be your role. Let's hear your day.
Speaker 3: CT.
Speaker 2: You were in time out because you wouldn't give me what I wanted, which was to pick J. I'm telling you my mouth was over here like watering to see J and CT go hit to hit it. You didn't give it to me, So I'm putting you in time out for that.
Speaker 1: Wait, is he a nominee or in time out nominee?
Speaker 2: And then also time out to Kyla. And I'm doing it because I have to be aware. Last time I gave Olivia time out for her lack of standing up for her friend Harafia, I have to return the paper and give it to Kyline because baby, you did nothing. You did nothing friend. All you did was stand there and say, you know what, You're right. I understand why you're saying that.
Speaker 1: You're totally right.
Speaker 2: You ain't very like I'm trying to be president, like kissing babies and stuff like. I totally understand why you're saying that, Like it's okay, I get it while you're saying that. And then the only thing that you did say in his defense is he's my only friend in the house, so I can't vote for him.
Speaker 1: And we get that, but come on.
Speaker 2: Kylin, you could have voted, especially since you came on the podcast and said Olivia could have did more.
Speaker 1: You could have did more too, sir.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm putting all them in time out, and they are stuck.
Speaker 1: When you put nominees and then just you know what, put them all in put it put them in a corner in time out. Okay, my honorable mention for a time Out. He doesn't get a nomination, but he's against novel mentioned. Kylon was just here last week talking about how it was misconstrued that he had flirted with Raven and that he did and they were just friends. Meanwhile, it's like producers, listen to the podcast some I don't know, or the challenge God to do, because sure enough we see it of Raven grinding back in that thing up, throwing her Clappa's back on Kylon at the club. Look a little flirty to me, That's an awesomeish. That's that right, And that's all I'm gonna say. Now, my nominees for this week's Time Out. The first one is gonna go to Colleen wanting to give up, right, like I get it, And she kept saying, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. And I understand this is just as an armchair quarterback, like I'm just sitting in the how I'm watching it. But when she's saying that, I'm like, grow, what you're doing wrong is you stop after every sway, like you'd go one direction and then stop and rest, and then you go one direction like keep moving, keep moving the rope until it eventually breaks. But also, you know what side note, this could be a really good strategy. What if when you're on a season like this, right you make it halfway through, you're on a mini final and you're in a team. What if you make your specially a season like this where they're trying to keep everyone who looks like a liability. In other seasons, you want to get out the liability because you might be paired with them or partnered with them or whatever. This time you want to keep the liability. What if the strategy is to sort of make yourself look weak because we heard Nari say, oh, I realized Colleen's not a threat anymore. So maybe if that takes the target off her back and then you skate to the final. Just a thought, I say, oh this bingo yatzi, I mean chest not checkers. I feel like that could be good strategies, but I don't think that's what Colleen's doing. So therefore she's a nominee on Timeout, and the other nominee is Jays smack talking because Jay's over here talking about how his team like, yes, we've got it. We saw this like puzzle, We're gonna get it. I can see the disappointment in Kylon's face, like all of this stuff at a time, and then they do it, and then TJ goes, that is incorrect. Boy, don't you know, don't count your chickens before they hatch. And then my final nominee would be raven in her math. I don't even need to explain it. You guys saw the episode. You already know pretty sure. What did she say was ten times forty. That's not four thousand, ma'am. That's not how that works. She's my nominee, and ultimately she is going to get my time out of the week. I love Dorry. I think she's so fun. I love her, but I can't. And then not even just her saying that, but when she was yelling at her team tongue about this is what I'm doing. I know what it is, and then Corey was like, but wait, He's like, but I know it's going to be higher than three hundred and ninety, and she was like, oh, because it was only four digits. I can't I cannot, So yeah, Dorry or Raven gets my time out this week, he gets your gold Star day.
Speaker 3: Oh go star.
Speaker 2: Goes up to the Wake it Up Committee because I'm telling you, the other side.
Speaker 1: Woke up this week and I'm yappy.
Speaker 2: So first of all, I want to give it to Czara, not for being on the Wake it Up Committee, but the way in that mini final how she jumped over that log. I don't know if you saw it, but it was given loura Croft and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: B you're a check raider.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 1: It was so good.
Speaker 2: And so I also want to give it to Harassio for the conversation he had with Michelle. Michelle was like, hey, trying to like plant some seeds and have a conversation, and he like, man's in line. It has been drawn like save your breads, and I'm like he speaks people, He is speaking, Okay, So I'm giving it to him. I want to give it to Ed for many reasons. I'm gonna go in and he's probably gonna be the one that actually gets it. I'm gonna give it to him because he said, oh did these people just forget about what Corey did?
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago. Liked that forget, like, like, why is he not like?
Speaker 2: And I thought that was so good to bring that up and that I also love the fact that he said, baby, I came here to play. So when he changed his vote and he said jay or yeah he said Jay, I said, come on, let's go. Let's go, because you know these people ain't got your back and so let's play. So when he did that and he made that made it a stalemate, I said, that's my guy. That's my guy. Also, even though Kylin is in time out and he gonna stay there, but I'm gonna make him a honorable mention from my gold Star because of the way that Kylin made sure to plant the seed to say, in this particular deliberation, if your name comes up, it's because it's a possibility that you are expectable. And when he said that, I said, Kylie, you better play them, damn scenes. I was so proud of him, and I thought that was a great move. But ultimately I think I'm gonna give it to Ed.
Speaker 1: There we go. I love it Ed the Labordoodle, and I have to agree with you a lot of that. My nominees for gold Star the first one actually is Jay's team strategy.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I know that they didn't win, and I know he's a nominee in Time Out, but when he was like, and that's always so risky, right when you are like, oh, I'm just gonna guess, But baby, it worked and it worked well. Very smart, great leadership by Jay. I also want to nominate Kyland because he's being the mastermind of making these moves. I love it and I agree with you when he said the you're either expendable. And then when Michelle doing her politicking thing, tried to go, well, no, there's other reasons, and he was like, you're talking about intention versus action, which is true. The intention may be I want to help my friend, but by you doing and following that intention, you're the action is saying, so you're expendable to me so that I can help my friend.
Speaker 3: He was right.
Speaker 1: I think it needed to be said. Shout out to Kyland, and then the other nominee for gold Star goes to Arassio. Because I don't know if you caught this our silent man all right, when James started talking Smack and Nurse and James were going back and forth. I don't know if you saw Horasio step off that platform and walk over to James like hey, now, hey, hey, you chill out. Now, Hey, I look I like a man that's gonna protect his woman. I get that Nuris is a firecracker, but I also understand her being upset and on fire for her man, like, I think it's warranted, especially when we see it keep happening, and her alliance doesn't seem to care about her feelings at all. They just want her to do things for them without actually thinking about other people, which I have strong feelings about with Es, but another day. Anyway, I like seeing Harasio step up unlike well, you know what, never mind. I like seeing hi I was gonna say, unlike James stepping up from Ryan. I like seeing Harasio step up for Nouris in that way. And he did it in a very respect like, you know, responsible way, but he kind of also let it know, like, hey man, you're messing with the wrong one. So I respect that so so so much, And so for that, my gold Star is actually going to go. It's really close between Odossio and Kyland, but I think for the sake of the game, it's probably gonna go to Kyland. Because I am excited to see these alliance and the dynamics shift. I think it's time. I think we're on the cusp of that happening. I think when everyone comes out of their tier fog, it's going to be really interesting to see where the pieces like, are you excited to day?
Speaker 2: I am so excited. I cannot wait to see how the rest of this plays out. Because Babe, the people that were sleep are up. They don't wipe the drool, the eye away, all.
Speaker 3: Of it up.
Speaker 2: I am excited about that. And I am also excited about this interview. Oh my goodness. So we are going to finally get our opportunity to talk to Corey's best friend. I get our opportunity to talk to a soft and I cannot wait. Grab your chips, your SODA's, your snacks, your water, coffee, tea, whatever it is that is your choice.
Speaker 1: It meet us right back here after this. All right, This week on the podcast, we have a very special guest who, according to this week's episode, is arguably the most beloved player in or who was in this season's Challenge House. Please welcome Asaft Goren.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: So I've got to know what why? Because we have not seen people shed a tear since this, since Frozen two. What exactly why what do you think it is about you that had people just so sad to see you leave the house?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that just I love people. I think my connection with people right now, I think the connection with people was the very important for me, just to have an experience, to share experiences with the people. You know, I don't want to I never like to do things alone, to see the world alone, and to go through adventures by myself. So maybe that's why I had a good connection with people, and it was a real connection. Was it was genuine of course, besides the Melissa thing that, to be honest, it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't Yeah what's going on with that? Oh yeah, I'm getting we saw you put some videos out recently, sir.
Speaker 3: That yeah myself because again, you know, I think again, listen, it's on my first TV show. I did over fourteen reality shows. It's totally fine. I know what I'm going to. Yeah, by the way, I've heard you've been to you went to you be on Big Brother?
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I have.
Speaker 3: I won Big Brother Okay, yeah back in Israel, so I was like, hey, we're okay, but uh, shit, I know these type of games. It's totally I know how it goes. And I'm a person that never I'm someone that never does something to you, even if you're not gonna do something to me, Like I'm not a person gonna turn my other cheek to you. I'm not working like that. If you're coming for me and you're coming from my family and friends, like I'm coming for you.
Speaker 1: So are you implying that Melissa was coming for you? Because it seemed like she felt betrayed by you and as if you were just watching it.
Speaker 3: It seemed a little bit that right, No, No, one hundred listen, there is a reason why for four weeks straight. Sorry, like more than that, people are trying to get Melissa and Big Tea out. I got nothing against them, by the way. I think they're honestly. I spoke to them a couple of times. They're they're they're great for me, they were very nice. But the moment I felt like betrayed by them, and the moment they they for me, they did some sneaky stuff, not only for me, for everybody against There's a reason people were one in one of them out is so I I did whatever it takes to do it, like I thought they had my back, but then I realized they're not going to be there for me. They try to ask me for names to they want me to go against an elimination when I had the power or the house had the power. They never followed through their word and they never really wanted to have my back, so they always try to go like they always try to get information out of me, but he wasn't genuine and yeah, so I went for that.
Speaker 1: And we see Corey come up and given, I know, we're kind of jumping around, but before we get into sort of the order of this epic episode, we see at the end, as people are shedding tears, everyone runs down to or most people run down and give you a hug goodbye. We even see Corey in that group. Now rewind some episodes back and we see this big blow up between you and Corey where you know, it seems that you feel betrayed by him and he's yeah, and he's sort of and we had him on the podcast and he's like, look, we were never that close, like da da da, So can you speak to that of what your expectation experience was around that friendship and how you know, did you guys reconcile in the house.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, of course, Corey was one of my best friends before what happened, before it betrayed me and even after he got a forgiven let go sometimes even in this game, and yeah, he was one of my best friends. And by the way, people crying over me like this, I I'm sorry, I didn't remember that that they cried so much. But I guess he showed really the power that I had in this game, and I was under kind of under the radar because still people didn't think of putting me in to elimination until this point. Like besides Corey doing this mistake at the beginning, My there is some stuff that you don't see, is that I felt like I gathered the American team, like I was one of the ones who built it, like they were so divided at the beginning, and I was I even try to keep Chuancy in the game. Chauncey that in the very beginning. It didn't work so well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at least you put in the effort. What are some of the other things, because I feel like when we were finished watching this episode, you also said you kept saying sort of there were things that they didn't show.
Speaker 3: There are things that they didn't know, many, so many.
Speaker 1: The theme of the podcast here is don't overthink, just overshare. So can you share some of the additional things that we didn't get to see as a viewer that you think a really important piece of information for the game?
Speaker 3: This Searon, Honestly, I think my commentary I had so many, so much funny commentary. Yeah, I mean CT was aiming for me for sure. I mean, I guess other child. I was talking to other challenges, other champs while there they came. I think Jordan was kind of pissed at me. He was throwing some jebs on Twitter. We knew each other before, but I was talking a little bit shit when he came. What else?
Speaker 1: So basically just a bunch of smack talking. They show you doing a lot of smack talking. We see a lot of the reads that go on in the daily Let's talk a little bit about this week's competition though. When you heard that it was going to be the mini final, were you stoked by that? Were you a little worried? I mean you seem like someone who doesn't run from a challenge, like someone that's excited about, you know, going up against or doing something that could be challenging. So how did you feel when you found out it was going to be a mini challenge or minifinal? And then how did you feel when you realized who your team would be? Were you excited?
Speaker 3: I was? I was very excited. Of course. How many listen from someone who got eliminated their on the first episode on their first season. For me to run a mini final to get to this point, it was so amazing. I was so excited. My knee was my knee was kind of crap. I twisted my knee like if you one challenge one daily before that, and I was still I was like, no matter what, I have a chance to be part of this amazing mini final. So excited. You know. I even got a great team. Physically, not so much when it comes to numbers and Matty not very good and mad ye honest, high school drop left school when I was fifteen. Was never very good with numbers, better with spinning on my head and making music. But yeah, I was. So it was amazing for me, you know, regardless to what happened, regardless that I'm not in the game right now, geez, I'm so blessed to be part of this beautiful competition. Yeah, and do it again and again.
Speaker 1: Do you feel that you came in because your last season was total madness, right and a lot of these other challengers have come from more recent seasons. Do you feel that there was a that you had a disadvantage there? Did you feel like, what was it like during the off time? You know, where have you been training kind of keeping an eye out to come back to the challenge? Like what was your feeling coming into the house and seeing all these new people?
Speaker 3: Well, I wasn't really planning to go on the challenge, Yes I was. I love I'm a fan of the show anyway, so I would watch the show and stuff. But you know, time, like life goes on and I became a father, I moved back to the United States. I have my family hope, like me, my wife and my son over here. I have built a music studio. I'm a full time music producer. There's nothing to do with the physical. I'm a I'm part of the RuPaul's drag Race is a pet crew. So there's nothing really wow, Yeah, there's nothing really that involved, like too much of the like challenge oriented.
Speaker 1: But I mean you're very in shape, though is off. So clearly you're at least working because you there's not a muscle out of place. You clearly are very face. Yeah, and stay active in your day to day I'm guessing or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, ndred percent. But I mean, like just because you're like you're trained, that doesn't mean you're trained for the challenge. It's so different. So right, like you could see Chauncey, one of the fittest guys I've ever seen, on the challenge, Like, no, he wasn't ready for the challenge at all.
Speaker 1: Well mainly his political game play. But we've talked about Chancey P. Jordan about that.
Speaker 3: I think I got you. I got you. No, I always this point like, yeah, listen, I would go on the challenge even like even if I'm not ready physically or mansonally. I love this game so much, like I'm a fan. I'm a fan. And but again, I think what was different in you asking him why people are crying? I think when I left is I was I know how people have been playing this game, and people a lot of people have been playing this game from a perspective of like they're gonna do whatever he takes to get a call back, like I didn't give a ship and I still don't. Don't give me a call back, like I'm not looking for the call back I'm looking for for me. There's one season. I'm on. One season. I mean, do the best as I that I can for this season. Only whatever gonna happen right after that, well it doesn't matter even like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Living in very much in the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't care if they call you again for another season or not.
Speaker 3: Listen, I know if they call me great, If they don't call me great, I'm sure it's going to be a great season regardless without me. They know how to do good TV. But again, if they call me again, I'll be happy. If not, I'll be happy to it's all good.
Speaker 1: Who do you specifically think played the game so far without giving away any spoilers, Who do you think is playing the best game right now? And who do you think is playing the worst game right now? You know, sort of physically but also really like politically and socially.
Speaker 3: Who I love how Jay's playing. He's being a little Jay started kind of like in a comfortable situation position and then he started like playing the game good. I love who else I think, Well, I think Kyland was doing whatever he takes to stay in the game. It was licking, was licking up as much as he.
Speaker 1: Could, licking up as much as he could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, yo yo.
Speaker 4: The moment Melissa laughed, the dude started licking up to everybody, it was so funny, like what's going on?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, do you mean when he had the funeral, when he wore the shirt and was like that my relationship is dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even and stuff like it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as someone who's played this game, I want to know your input on who do you think what would you consider a champ? Someone who orchestrates in the background and just kind of has everyone else to do their dirty work, or someone who actually gets into the pit, into the eliminations and fights to make it to the end.
Speaker 1: I know where you're going.
Speaker 3: I do both of them because I think the beauty in this game used to do both is the is the social part and also the physical part and and the to be brave and risky. It's all of that. You can look you can be a champ. You can literally be a champ without going through elimination right without doing without doing Like literally, look at Turbo at his season, he wasn't doing any He was winning some dailies, but he wasn't going through eliminations, or he didn't orchestrated any moves or planned anything. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, I played with Turbo, so I got to see some behind the scenes Withdeh one of the worlds.
Speaker 1: Turbo had a mouth.
Speaker 2: Turbo definitely had a mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I got you. So I'm saying I'll say both both. You gotta if you want to be a real champ, take some risks. And I think if you want to win this game, you got to take the risks you might lose in this game and in elimination. And of course it's fun to get the money to go through uh, throughout this through all this game, through a whole season without going into elimination. I wouldn't want to do it. I wanted to go through elimination. And whenever Cet was looking at me like I'm listen we were standing out there on the stage set, was looking at me like I'm double cheeseburger with fries on the side, it was aiming for me. I was happy. I was happy I wasn't. I wasn't scared. I wasn't And you know what, even if it would be a hull brawl or anything physical, I was down for that.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on the stalemate even happening? So before we knew it was CT, before we knew he was gonna call you, you know, there seemed to be different opinions amongst taking the route of the stalemate, right, So like Zaza was trying to warn everybody that, hey, TJ's unhinged, do you really want to put it in TJ's hands? And Corey who sort of took her up on that in the sense where he we see in the episode he's like, I don't want to be you know, like I don't want to be at risk because of a stalemate. So I'm going to remove my vote, which seemed like a smart play. And then Ed, because Ed is chaotic, Ed Ed the Golden Retriever the Labradoodle, was like, ah, let's go ahead and make a cast. Yeah, So what was your feeling about that? Did you want this is again before we knew it was CT, before we knewgu did you think it was smarter? Did you want to do the stalemate? Or would you at the time, did you think it was smarter to like have a name.
Speaker 3: First of all, Nourice was me and Nourice. We had an agreement that how she was my number one by the way, just letting you know, interesting, Okay, Nurice was my number one, Michelle number two. And throughout the season she always told me like we were the Fantastic four. She told me that I'm her number one, and because Michelle's number one is j so she got to have number one. But look, things changed. Of course, by the way, what happened was because of her she chose. She basically backstepped me and Jay. We had multiple meetings. I made sure that I'm always her number one until the I think the episode this episode, she was like, hey, you for sure my top three? What do you mean top three? I thought you you always told me I'm your top one. What happened? What change? Well?
Speaker 1: She started making out in dancing. What do you think?
Speaker 3: So hey, listen, Jay getting pissed on on Nourice. It makes it totally makes sense. And I'm telling you from behind the scenes. She promised us, She promised us like she she's never gonna break it. She said, always like, there's a game, and there's a there's life and there is game. There's friends and there is the game, and the game is different than real life. So she played the game and then she played us.
Speaker 1: So but well, as if you were watching it, it seems like like Jay and particularly Jay Michelle even you didn't create space for the fact that she clearly has this very strong bond with Hirasio. So it almost seemed like you guys expected her to fall in line and keep being your pawn or doing your work without making space for the same way people made space for Jay and Michelle's relationship. Right, So it's like, oh, I know, if I'm protecting Jay by default, I have to look out for Michelle because they're number ones and vice versa. It didn't feel like you guys were creating the same space for the Reese. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but but I have a question around, you know, do you see how it might be perceived that way or do you guys feel in the house you were trying to at least be mindful of the fact that, hey, she looks like she's basically falling in love with herassio. Obviously she's gonna want to keep him safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the answer is no. We always made sure that we always well, yeah, we made sure that everything is clear, and I always went and checked on her. I was even worried at some point, worried about what, like about her fall in love with Orasco and my my, you know where I'm standing in in there, like if I'm still her number one and stuff. So I kept asking her, So you're.
Speaker 1: Worried about yourself and her falling in love with Rosco, not worried about her. So you worried about you.
Speaker 3: I just want to make sure of course. Yeah, okay, yeah, oh my god, she was trying. It's beautiful because now they were together, but she was trying hard for Rascio.
Speaker 1: Of course, do you blame her? I mean just meaning that if you go so when.
Speaker 3: You cared about Don't get me wrong, no, I.
Speaker 1: Don't mean like, I don't mean like whether or not you date him. I just mean like if someone you care about, you know, you start caring about or whatever. In the house. I mean, heck, we see half the house going hard for you in a way because of the emotions that they showed when you left. So like clearly they cared about you, And I'm sure you had some of those friendships going in, but some of them I'm guessing you made while in the house, right, Like people grew to love you and.
Speaker 3: I met everyone for the first time in the house I never met them before instead of ja Wow.
Speaker 2: So then what was this blood coming in with Corey then, because on your end, it seemed as if like that was like your friend friend for real friend Corey was like when he was on the Yeah, and Corey came on the podcast and he basically was just like I just met him. So I don't understand what this was about.
Speaker 3: What he said, I'm going to kill him. What are you talking about? You said that on the podcast. I'm gonna call him. No. No, me and Corey, we didn't just meet like we were friends. I love to do with It was one of the closest people to me in the game, you know what, one of the top two or three.
Speaker 1: Wait, but you're saying you didn't just meet but I thought you met everyone in the house like you met everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean in the game. Yeah, we were like two weeks, but you know, two weeks in the house is like like two months, right, two years? Yeah, come on, we all know that we've been there. It was still for two weeks, it was one of the closest to me, and still, you know what, even here's the thing, he had to admit that he made a mistake and the game played him a little bit, because again, it wasn't close to other people than me. It wasn't close to j to James, it wasn't close closer to Horacio Kylan. He wasn't closer to so many people, and then they chose me. I think it was the path of least resistance. That's why. That's what he thought. He didn't understand how strong I mean, like, how good politically I mean politically in the game. That's why you were listen. It happened. That's weird. He didn't say, and he didn't regret it. But anyway, I love him. I love him anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he made it very clear that he said that you said he was your best friend, but he said he never once said.
Speaker 3: You were his.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 3: Nah, that's a lie. Come on, that's a lie. Come on, Corey, that's a podcast. You have to tell the truth. What's going on on the podcast. You have to tell the truth. You don't have to play the game anymore. He does not see that's real life. Oh shit, I'm like listen, and Corey cried to me after that and and everything. He said that he's sorry the game played him and he lost himself and all that, and I hugged him and he told good for me. A week and he's courshed the beef right after. But of course, don't feel bad a Sotoff.
Speaker 1: He did that to us on the podcast too, and then afterwards was in Twitter beef with people like two weeks later, so so yeah, yeah, so he he, well he when he came on the podcast, he just said he realizes things that he didn't love that he did in the game, blah blah. But then he like doubled down on it on Twitter like a couple of weeks later. So yeah, no, he's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no beef. There's no beef with Corey anymore. There's no beef.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got to take a quick break, but we'll be right back after this. Is there beef between you and anyone in the house now, like after the game's over?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, there's no beef. Listen, I'm after that game. Let's be in the game, of course. Let's by the way, what I'm saying on Twitter is just to listen. I have to speak up. I have to tell my side when the editing is not is not showing it. And and again.
Speaker 1: I admitted you talk a lot of smack in your talking heads right on your interviews.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like funny stuff. But but but but also explaining more of my side and the reason and the reasons for the reasons for my actions. But yeah, there's no bad block between me and or. Of course, there's a bad bab between me and Melissa, big T and Kyland, of course.
Speaker 1: But I didn't know it was a four situation.
Speaker 3: I thought it was just you.
Speaker 1: It's a new fantastic for I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's a vicious for Oh my god.
Speaker 1: How did it roll over to big T and Kyland?
Speaker 2: Is it like you and Kylon and them two, or like you have beef with Kylon as well?
Speaker 3: Well? Kylin twitter that he literally saw me and Melissa sitting down and I promise both of them that I'm never going to say her name because my wife will kill me. I never said that, yes, or I maybe said that that. I don't remember. And then I said it in it and honestly, listen, not hold on, not you.
Speaker 1: Going I never said that, and then going, maybe I did, and I just don't remember.
Speaker 3: Because I'm a human being. If I made a mistake, listen, there are stuff that I don't remember, and if there is, it happened, and you can prove it, I'm gonna say I'm sorry again. I'm a human being and a like if if you're not men or woman enough to say hey, there's there's a possibility that I'm wrong, you already put yourself in a place that you're a liar.
Speaker 1: So listen, did you tell her that I don't listen.
Speaker 3: I never told them both, sitting them both with them and telling them, listen, I will never put you in the I'll never said that. With me and Melissa, we had one agreement and that is on the day one of the show that if we hear each other's name, we're gonna let each other's know. Right. It was never next to Kylin And he's made making up stories. That's why I'm telling you. He was licking up. He tried to work with me, he said he he said he's sorry. He was planning to call my wife to tell her he's sorry for mentioning her.
Speaker 1: Wait, he said that.
Speaker 3: I was so close to me. Listen, I told him listen. He said, Okay, I'm gonna call your wife and I'm gonna say that I'm sorry. Yeah, I'm telling you. You can ask anyone you that. And that's something really happened. We were sitting outside and I told him, if you want to start a war with me, let's go. I don't. I'm not scared. I'm all out for that, and uh he said, listen, no problem. Was like, listen, you really want to you wanna finish that the whole beef with me, Call my wife and tell her you're sorry. He said, no problem, I'm gonna do it, and he really listened. Kylin didn't mention my mother. And I'm sorry for saying like I snapped because I thought I heard the word mother, so I thought he was talking about my mother. Again. I'm not perfect, especially when English is not my first language. But I heard the word mother. I snapped. But he did mention my wife, and he was going under my skin. I think that's how you say it. He got under my skin with this one, and uh, yeah, that's why I snapped. And it was very emotional. It was after my first wing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's and look, that's totally understandable people do that. Let's talk a little bit about this mini final. So we see the the first piece where you're like going against the rope, and we see you directing as though you were a conductor. I appreciate the representation of your music background there as you're directing them to.
Speaker 3: Try it, and you can see it.
Speaker 1: Cut the ropes on the bat and that.
Speaker 3: They did. They put some music they did. Okay, they did this one anyway. Yeah, you gotta orchestrate. Shit, Hey, you gotta have rhythm when you have to cut the rope and you have to do it in the as you need a team work to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So how are you feeling about that challenge so far? Like, did you feel confident in your team that you guys were going to be able to, you know, take a win or were you were there any other teams that you were sizing up.
Speaker 3: Well, you're so exhausted and you're it's hot, You're so tired and humid and beautiful at the same time. Did you don't think about other people? You only think about yourself? You think about your team and to make them to keep them in the you know, in a in a in a good spirit. I always I was only worried. I remember, I was only worried about Olivia. So because she almost died, her cardio was wasn't very good.
Speaker 1: Oh, when she was gassing out, when she was tired, Yes she was. It looked like she was powering through it though, compared to Colleen, who really seemed to struggle in the competition. I mean, we even hear Naris say like, oh, now I realize Colleen's not the competition that I thought she was, whereas we see Olivia tired, but you know they show her power. Yeah, that she's she's a fighter.
Speaker 3: She Yeah, well, from what I remember, we could do it even way we can do it. We could do it faster if Olivia would just go on the trademills at least once a week. But she did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to tell her that there, And are you still friends with Olivia today?
Speaker 3: I'm good with everybody. I'm not in touch with so many people. Like here's the thing, That's what I'm saying. Some people are trying to get a callback and try to make like a like vacation friends and to stay in the like being a vacation alliance. Vacation alliance. Yes, that's how I think. That's how you say. I'm not a dad. I'm just a music producer who lives in LA and have with my family and I have a very simple life and nothing more than that. I'm just producing music for people and making music in my studio. That's it.
Speaker 1: Like, what was it like working with Hirasio, even though he's on the opposite side.
Speaker 3: It was good. Hey, I know his cardio is fantastic. It was fun. I knew. Well. I think this minifinal just exposed both of us for not being very good with numbers. Squares yeah, sheees, Yeah, we just we're just we're just not good with numbers. We might be good with cardio and running and physical stuff, but we're not good with numbers at all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was a good showing up until that point though. I mean, you guys were powering. You guys looked like the team to beat for a very long time and looked and I know you said you felt like Olivia needs to hit the treadmill more or whatever, but you guys were powering through. Yeah, very very well. It wasn't until you got to the mental stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. I think this this minifinal exposed that a Rassio is not that competitor that everyone got he was. Yeah, he is very good with the physical stuff because he's an athlete. But listen, do you really got what he takes to be a challenge champion because it's not only physical. And hey, I'm not talking. I'm not trying to be a hater or something.
Speaker 1: Of course, not he's again, it sounds a little like, yeah, you know, he's he's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds at I was just saying I'm not good with numbers, but hey, I guess is not good with numbers too. And I because a lot of people targeted in targeted Hourrasio and they thought he's like he's a threat. And listen, on the challenge. You gotta be good at both. You gotta be good with everything. You gotta be good mentally physically, numbers, math, literally everything puzzles and uh, if you're not good in one thing, hey, it'll be a disadvantage.
Speaker 1: For you in who are the people in order? Who would you say are the top three guys that you think have that combination of skill set like that you think are the best potential competitors in the house this season. So let's do your top three guys, and then I'd love to hear your top three women as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, okay, for sure, I would say for sure, for sure, J for sure. J is very smart j J manueal ed Yeah.
Speaker 1: And who your top three girls?
Speaker 3: Well, Burner, I'll say for sure, physical and Moriah and Geez I don't remember. Oh, what's her name? Raven? Raven? Who? I think Raven is a beast?
Speaker 1: Okay, So no one in the Fantastic four except.
Speaker 3: I think Michelle just lagging the physical stuff again, that's what I feel. Oh, Nourice good too. Actually, shit, I forgot I would put in the Reese number three or four. Mm hmm, Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I would love to know.
Speaker 2: Let's take J out of the equation because I feel like JA would be your answer. So I just want to pull him out right now outside of JH. Now now that you're out, no spoilers, right now, that you're out of the game, who did you leave the game? Saying I hope this person wins.
Speaker 1: Take J out?
Speaker 3: Take J out? Who Corey friend? My friend? I had good friends. Hey, Emanuel is a brother. Ed is a brother. But when I really think about it, I want Corey. I wanted Corey to win. And from the from from the man.
Speaker 1: What said Corey above the wreck? Because you just said the other two of your brothers, So like, what about Corey was the thing that made you say I'm really rooting for him the most?
Speaker 3: Like, well, here's the thing. Corey made tons of mistakes. It's so real life, Like in real life, you're you're like life putting positions that you're got to be an idiot sometimes and if not, you're just a boring person. You're just like a machine. So it was acting like an idiot in this game, and it's okay. And he said sorry and he made mistakes. You got a lot of hate at the beginning, and then people forget forgive him, and then and I think, I want Corey to do that to win. If it's not gonna be Jay, I wanted him to do it.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. We get CT Finally we've been waiting.
Speaker 1: We've been waiting and waiting and waiting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was hoping. I was hoping this is gonna be physical stuff, but.
Speaker 1: No, you wanted to go head to head with CT.
Speaker 3: A hundred percent. What do you think, like how many times I have that the like the chance to go against the best of like the champ of all champions for real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what you thought you beat him?
Speaker 3: Listen when I think, I think if it was a ball no like it would it would it would make me his girlfriend out there in the arena in like decades. Don't get me wrong, but I'm up for the experience. I'm up for the for the challenge. I'm up for you know, I've already in.
Speaker 1: The windows draw. You just want to play.
Speaker 3: I wanted to play, and I wanted to have like listen, what if I win in a physical stuff? I don't know how, but you know, even though, like looking back, it's a great experience to go against a champion like CT. He has so much experience. You've been doing this for such a long time. And for me, like I grew up watching him like for real, ad to she I was. I used to watch a challenge back in Israel, like in some sort of like a weird Chinese website that you know, because it's not working in websites in Israel. So listen, I love this show so much and CT is one of the faces like of the show, and to go against him is a is an honor. So for me to go to go out like this in a math equation that, by the way, it took us over two hours in the arena. Really yeah, the math equations. We couldn't. We couldn't solve it for two hours.
Speaker 1: This is the It took y'all two hours to solve it.
Speaker 3: At least at least.
Speaker 1: I wonder why CT looked tired at the end. It's because it took.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, this is not the This is not the elimination that you want to go out against the champion like CT. Of course, for him who gives a ship, he won, he won, like But for me, I was like, hey, if I have to go against the champion of all champions, let me do something. Let's go and do something crazy. Let's go do let me break something.
Speaker 1: Stuck on the two hours of sorry, I just I like, I get I get the like prime numbers thing, I get the and you but you have the group. Also. We see Jay, who we know is smart, yelling, and we see like Ky yelling. But Jay isn't actually yelling anything helpful. He's just yelling clear's rooting for you and it was helping you a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing, shout. You only see them at the first five minutes helping me kind of helping me. Like, I don't know if you've seen any elimination the house because we have to keep the ten thousand dollars. They all we all helping each other, right because it's everyone.
Speaker 1: Now Big Tea, we didn't see y'all helping on that one.
Speaker 3: Which one Big T. No, we even we screamed toil Big t on stop even to Big T to Melissa No, but Melissa definitely. No, we didn't scream anything. But I didn't give a ship.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, okay, got yeah, okay, And what was your strategy es off? Like did you pull all the numbers out first? Because we see you guys going back and forth, you know, like pulling out there's different.
Speaker 3: Like the numbers are. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I do know what Sorry.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah oh really yeah, well we learned it.
Speaker 1: In school and like when we're young, but people don't remember that, like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I wasn't in school, but yeah, so I didn't know about that. I just tried. I tried to guess. I try to calculating in my mind.
Speaker 5: He took us so long, listen such a long time, and uh it was and he was boring even I think it's some point I was like, fuck this shit, Like, hey, CT, you want to you want to start wrestle or something.
Speaker 1: Why do you think CT picked you?
Speaker 3: I think because he doesn't know me. Of course he did a great it was right. He did a good choice. But he'll never pick J because he knew J would be him and he knows the other guys as well. I'm the only one listened from a from an outside perspective, like, he doesn't make sense that the production brought me back to the challenge. I was the only one who got eliminated on their first episode on their first season.
Speaker 1: No, you're not. You're the only one in this season that that's happened to you. But you're not the only person that that's happened to that's been invited back.
Speaker 3: No, no, on this season. I'm talking yeah, yeah, But like in general.
Speaker 1: It means they saw something in you back then and they wanted to bring you back for all that you contributed this season to the show, which was a lot You're definitely a key player and everything that was going on. If you when you come back, I'm not even saying if I'm gonna say when you get a call.
Speaker 3: Back, you even want to get a call back?
Speaker 1: Is there anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was there anything you would do differently about your gat Like what did you learn from this season that you would apply to your future gameplay?
Speaker 3: On my future gameplay, I'd be honest with you. I feel like I did. I was. I learned a lot from Jay and Michelle because they know how to control themselves. I'm more of a I'll do what I don't give a shit. I'm like there there were so many times that I wanted to offer, like propose myself up for elimination, because I'm more of a risk taker and Jay and Michelle are more like calculated. They're like, no, the most important thing is to get to the finals and then do whatever the fuck you want, but make sure you get to the finals so you have a better chance to win the money in hell your family. I'm like, true, but like, where's the where's the fun of it?
Speaker 1: Like what you wanted a little chaos?
Speaker 3: I wanted a chaos and without Jan Michelle, I would offer, I would jump right in when Devin came.
Speaker 2: Well, you wanted the chaos and you got it, sweetie, you got it.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yet I got it, and I'm happy. Listen, I'm happy. It's so good. It's so good. And by the way, fuck Devin, Fuck this dude, what fuck him?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Fuck him for? Really?
Speaker 1: There was some Twitter beef, okay, but explains that's coming from for the listeners who don't know what is there? What's your line? Why are you mad at Devin?
Speaker 3: He started talking shit about me on Twitter, saiding that I'm a fraud and it's kind of funny that because he said there's nothing to compare me in a soft and like that and that and that he said that my music sucks, which is I know he's a fan because I know he's watching, he's listening to my music, So thank you, Evan. But besides that, you bitch, like he knows he's part of the show for such a long time, and he knows that he never heard my side of the story. So being him getting involved in something that is not even I'm like and I'm like, chill, Devin, You're gonna get a call back.
Speaker 1: Chill, like, I think he knows he's gonna get a call back exactly though.
Speaker 3: I think that when I'm down, like, it's easier to people to go to go against me and to pick me as the as a villain or something which I don't give a shit like interesting, like, and I wrote him back, and I'm saying this for everybody to hear it. If I'm coming back, I only coming back if Devin is on the same season as I am is on the same season, and he's gonna agree that me and him were gonna go into elimination the first the very first elimination of the episode. I don't care. Let's go like the.
Speaker 1: Game is not usually set up that way, but I appreciate the positive spirit and outlook on that. What do you think is going to happen with your alliance next?
Speaker 3: With my alliance? I don't know, because it's kind of broken. The Reice kind of kind of stepped them in the back like Nourice stabbed our alliance in the back basically. And I understand the game is changing. It is what it is. But if they're coming for you, don't be surprised, like you know.
Speaker 1: If they're coming for the res next.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know, I haven't been there, but they better go because if I would be there, I would go for the ree Yeah. Ok, yeah she she Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well everyone was very very sad to see you go. Was that at least comforting for you to know that, you know, I'm leaving this game with so much love still in the house even though you're not getting the money. Yeah, you're still living with a lot of love and a lot of memories.
Speaker 1: How did that feel?
Speaker 3: It felt? It sucks, But at the same time you got to say, uh, you got to appreciate and say uh, to be grateful for the bad as much as you grateful for for the for the good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it did it warm your heart that people? Did it warm your heart in that moment to see people who some of whom we hadn't seen emotional all season, to literally tear up and run down to you. And even TJ said, you know, I haven't seen the house this sad this season? Like, did that in that moment? I know there was a lot going on probably in running through your mind, but did you feel like, did you feel the love they have for you in that moment?
Speaker 3: Yes? It warms my heart and it feels good, you know, every we all love, we all want to be loved at some point. And by the way, I'm getting so much hate, so much hate lately, and it feels good when I see people, when I see the rest of the the house, like, you know, being emotional and giving me love.
Speaker 1: And loving on you. Yeah, and I'm I'm glad that we got to hear that we don't we don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be clear, we don't condone anyone hating on anybody for any reason, So that's not welcomed over here. So I do hope that you can get the love and appreciation from people online, in life and just across the board. We love you, and we thank you for coming to hang out with us on the podcast like you've been such a gem and such a treasure. I have a question for you. Where can the people find you on social fidose who want to sell you to send you love?
Speaker 3: Yes, you can find you at a S A F G O R E N A softogoran one on all social media. Hit me up free beats. I can send you some free beats if you want.
Speaker 2: All right, free beats for the people.
Speaker 1: Sure, well, thank you so much. Asoff and You were definitely a valuable asset to this season of the show. I am sure you will be asked back for sure, uh, because you brought it all and yeah it was. It wouldn't have been the same season without you. So hate that your time ended here, but I know that we will see you again, and thank you so much for coming on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Let yeah, thank you for the time. Guys.
Speaker 1: That was a great interview. So good. All right, if people day want to keep up on your maybe they just want to express their feelings about all the heat that was brought in this week's episode of the challenge. Where can they find you on social.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at day Davon Underscore, Instagram Davon Diane Underscore.
Speaker 1: And TikTok at Day Diane Underscore.
Speaker 2: You can find me in those places, Devin.
Speaker 1: Where can the people find you? Well, you guys can go to my website devinsimone dot com. That's Devin with a y simone with an ie. But if you scroll to the bottom you can see my socials. Instagram is where I'm most active. That's Devin with a Y Simon with an eye. It's all pretty consistent. TikTok Twitter as well, and again, thank you guys for joining us on another episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. Now. Remember, if you like this episode, rate and review us on Spotify or Apple podcas and tell a friend of a friend of a friend, and then catch new episodes of the Challenge Battle for a New Champion on MTV.
Speaker 2: Yes, and remember, you can watch the Challenge and more on Paramount Plus. Subscribe at paramount plus dot com and use Cold Challenge thirty nine by March seventh, twenty twenty four and get your first month of Paramount Plus on US. Must be age of majority to subscribe US only payment method require terms and conditions apply. Visit p plus dot legal slash subscription for more and we'll see you back here right after for a brand new episode of MTV's official challenge podcast, Wake It Up.