Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: So let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Caline HEPKITKB.
Speaker 1: We are joined by.
Speaker 3: Bloomberg's equity supporter Joe Eastern. Joe, good morning. So then we had some data out of BP and their share price is actually one of the few that's doing reasonably well in Europe.
Speaker 1: Yes, a BP up around two and a half percent in London this morning, so quite a decent ou performance for that one. So the company reporting at rising at production and a strong result in the latest period. They are saying that they do expect to see pretty decent growth. It is not their quarterly report, but it's a bit of an update from them. They do think the three month production will be higher versus the first quarter, so that's been taken pretty poively. Of course, with the oil stocks all about the oil price that's come down so much therefore, it's been a bit of an underperforming sector. So it's a bit of reprieve four p BP today and as I say, we're up around two and a half percent for BP in London.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, though they still have this big turnaround plan that they are enacting that they announced in February, so there's still a lot focused on that also. But BP positive today at least. Now let's think about the tariffs. I mean, BP was perhaps the one story that wasn't about tariffs today. Stilantis is down because of this universal tariff threat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so stilland is down pretty significantly, so down almost three percent for that one. This, as you say, it's the universal comments from Trumps to Trump saying that he could potentially slap this extra tariff on most training parts, but also specifically the thirty five percent tariff warning that he's given on Canadian goods Dealantis actually makes some autos in Canada and shifts them over the border into the US seals and there, so they would be directly affected by that. They also have production down in Mexico, so that's kind of tariffs on all sides of the US really for them. So that is the weakest of the autos, but the entire auto sector kind of taking a hit from this, given it is such a tariff exposed sector. So We're seeing weakness in Reno, Volvo, Mercedes, BMW, all of them a little bit softer tape, Stilantis bearing the brunt of it.
Speaker 3: And so that on the auto makers. What about the luxury sector also some weakness there this morning? Why?
Speaker 1: Yes, So luxury has been an interesting one.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We kind of saw a bit of a boost yesterday because there's a lot of optimism around China potentially doing some stimulus and that fed through into the market. But analysts out today just being really really bearissed. There's a great note out from Bank of America which I've got on my screen saying we are worried quote about the luxury sector, and they say that they had expected to see brands that are announced new creative directors. These are companies like Carrying Gucci and also Berbery to see a bit of a rebound, but so far we see no evidence of this, which makes us increasingly concerned that revenue and earnings growth modeled by analysts will be premature, and therefore we're seeing significant weakness across the luxury space today, seeing Carrying down around three percent, Elvy Matrix down two percent, Birbery was weaker, Brunello Cucinelli, which had results last night, kind of not doing enough to support the broader sector. So analysts becoming really bearish, including Bank of America, also Goldman Sachs, and therefore that sector is lower.
Speaker 3: So I vessas didn't read the story that I read this morning about the Birken handbag.
Speaker 1: The original of course that.
Speaker 2: Ten million for a bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not going to You're not going to take that on a night out, are you a ten minutes?
Speaker 3: No, it's going into a museum because of course it's about the history of fashion and.
Speaker 1: You wuldn't want to lose that one, you know.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.