Speaker 1: All right, So Sabrina, Yes, we got a biggie today.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 3: We got like a legit big movie for the channel today. And this is one where fans are hugely like when it's not just fan, its fanatical about this movie and this whole, this whole what's the word I'm looking for, franchise? Thank you? Like this is big. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing too, I feel like, although we had Brink and Smart House and all of that, because it was a franchise, I want to say this was like the first like mega fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of a d com yep. And it was the first for a lot of other things too, which we'll get into. We well, I'll tell you when we get there. But first of all, welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs and your popcorn. Go back to a time when all the houses were smart.
Speaker 1: The waves, tsunamis, and the high School's musical. I'm Wilford Dell.
Speaker 2: And I'm Sabrina Bryan.
Speaker 1: Well, this week we returned to Sequel Town, but this time it's Zequel Town.
Speaker 3: Yes, people, As we tackle the two thousand and one return to Space d com Xenon the Zequel, only out done years later when the Chipmunks released their squeak Wal, a word I never thought I'd say ever in my life. I think so. Yes, this might just be the pioneer when it comes to creative wordplay for a second film. Yes the zequal The movie debut on January twelve, two thousand and one, and set up the premiere of another iconic Disney property, the first episode of Lizzie McGuire. Yes, it aired directly after Xenon the Zequeal and would go on to become one of the biggest shows of that year. Quite a big day on the channel. Lizzie McGuire obviously a show about a girl who is a singer who turns out Nope, not that at all. That just became the movie all of a sudden, out of nowhere. Thank you very much. Send all of your hate emails right to me.
Speaker 1: I wrap myself in them at night and get a great night sleep.
Speaker 3: This also marked the first zequel under the dcom banner Yes, Belee it or not, following Xenon Girl of the Twenty first Century from two years earlier. Now, usually Disney is ironclad with those sequel contracts, but maybe because it was a zequel and not a sequel, they let it kind of fall by the rayside because, yeah, Raven Simone did not return to play Nebula. She was reportedly busy shooting Doctor Doolittle too. This time it's personal, so she was replaced, which is not very common in these movies that we review. But as somebody I'm friends with knows very well, this was not the first time Raven has dipped out.
Speaker 1: Of a franchise.
Speaker 3: WHOA, I'm just saying. I wasn't referring to you at all, but hey, I haven't seen the third one. How how okay, maybe I'm wrong. How was Raven in the third Cheetah Girls movie?
Speaker 2: She was great? No, no, she wasn't in it. But hey, listen, when the when the jobs come at the same time.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: Gotta make a choice at some point, I get.
Speaker 3: And I think, obviously, for something like this, if you're doing the sequel another sequel to an Eddie Murphy movie, you go when you do that, I completely and totally understand. But we'll talk about Cheater Girls when we get the Cheeta Girls, because I haven't even seen it yet, but I want all the tea and yes, and although we haven't gotten there yet this time Xenon, like I said, is a trilogy. A third movie, Xenon Z three, would be released just three years later. Do you think they should reboot Xenon? Do you think the kids want to see it under wrap style, like a like a whole new.
Speaker 2: Version of x like do the same movie with the.
Speaker 3: New Sure you got all the technology and all the stuff going on now, I mean, do you think this is something that kids would want to see or is this is Xenon in space not a thing that kids are into anymore?
Speaker 2: I mean, we saw portion of it with what was it, the third movie of Zombies, and the kids loved it with the aliens, and I mean we didn't even get going and dancing.
Speaker 3: Would they have to add singing and dancing the Xenon? Maybe? Do they make the musical?
Speaker 2: I think what I what I When I think about Descendants and Zombies, those franchises, I think that the kids really love to find a micro world and totally just embrace a new micro world. And there has not been a lot of like space type stuff on the channel yet, so I think there's definitely a place for it. I agree, and I think the fans will embrace it one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, And I.
Speaker 2: Don't think it needs to be a musical.
Speaker 3: I know, I think actually could be exactly what we just watched. Yes, And I think actually they don't It shouldn't be a musical because now then everything's a musical, And I think they need some movies that are big tent pole franchises that are not musicals.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I think, but I do, I will say I don't think it would should be the first one. I think it would need to be the second one. Take us out of the normal everyday life, take us to space. That's what I think it would need to be. Not but I mean it was enough in space.
Speaker 3: Don't you think you have to introduce it again to a whole new generation? So like you'd have to start with the first scene in space and then see the high school a little bit, it's like, and then go back, maybe.
Speaker 2: Go back, I mean, if you're talking to yeah, I don't know, I don't know, I do not know. Can we do that in ninety minutes? Well that's the.
Speaker 3: Question, I know exactly or eighty nine? Well, who will get into that? Hilariously because this was released in two thousand and one, this was the first dcom ever to have its own website, and one thing that was on the site was a contest for fans asking them to find hidden z's inside the movie, which might absolutely made people go crazy. I did not even know about this before I watch it, and I'm glad I didn't, because that's all I would have been looking for is hidden z's.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I there there were a couple. Now that i'm there's an of them, I'm sure, yes, And that such a great idea for Disney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it's like finding these here's the thing. Now I'm going back and I'm wondering, like where I missed them in places where like, for instance, when she's walking through the big spider Web, was there a Z in the spider Web?
Speaker 1: Like I want to know, Yes, I want to know all that stuff.
Speaker 3: There is also a small Mandela effect when it comes to Xenon. There's an entire generation that thinks it was Xenon with an X, not a Z, but they're quickly made to feel stupid when they're reminded it's a zequel, and that clearly plays off the Z. Silly, silly, people, And yes, Xenon two is available to stream right now Disney Plus. You can watch it before listening to our breakdown, or watch it later after we've tainted your opinion. Ha I said taped anyway, Okay, were you excited? We obviously knew there was a there was a c well, because we watched the first one, and we knew there was the second one? But were you excited to see it? Had you seen it before? No?
Speaker 2: This That's why I was so excited, because I obviously loved that the first one, you know, had seen that, you know, several times, never had seen the second one, being that it was in two thousand and one, You're talking like my junior year of high school. So I'm really you know, I'm working. I am watching the channel for some things, but not like invested in any kind of franchise at that point.
Speaker 3: With two thousand and one, was your junior year in high school?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh, for the love of God, yes, And it's really honestly not that young anymore.
Speaker 3: It was in we just got I was in first grade.
Speaker 2: Oh, first see made He's just.
Speaker 3: Jeez, two thousand and one, Boy Meets World has already done. I was twenty five.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, Boy Meets World was done. I was your prime demo for Boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well because we're awesome. Yes, okay, So now everybody pop in your Protozoa set single, which it's not even that it should be poping your one little disc type thing that they give you in the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's called. It's time for the synopsis.
Speaker 3: Teenager xenon cars space Station is being taken over and dismantled by the military. She receives a mysterious signal. It must convince everyone it's from aliens who've appeared to help them.
Speaker 1: Sabrina early thoughts on zenone two.
Speaker 2: So the only thing I knew we haven't. We didn't really talk normally. The question is did you know anything about it? The only thing I knew about, and is from our interview with Stu, is that the second one was going to be set in space on their ship. We knew that he had told us in our interview that.
Speaker 3: So the first one was set in space.
Speaker 2: Remember we talked about it. It's really not on the spaceship that much.
Speaker 3: Well, it's on the spaces mainly kicked out and then she's back on Earth, right, But you at least get to, you know, the spaceship Abit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was recognizable for sure, But I remember saying in the first one, like I wish we had been in that set environment way more than just being down on Earth. So this one, I was really excited to know that the predominant amount of it was going to be on this spaceship. And I was so excited and I was never once disappointed throughout this movie.
Speaker 3: So you loved it, loved it.
Speaker 2: I loved, love, love this Okay, and Monroe liked it too?
Speaker 3: Oh good? What I thought popped.
Speaker 2: In and out? I'm no, I feel like we're gonna breeze by it, because you're making me nervous with your eyes, your Google eyes are making me a little nervous about how you thought about Xenon. What did you think?
Speaker 3: Okay, If I'm honest, I loved this movie. Oh good? I did absolutely this movie flew by. It was so fast, actually engaging. It looked great.
Speaker 1: I was like, this movie looks like it cost fifty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yes, it looked so good.
Speaker 3: It was so good.
Speaker 2: And one of the first things that pops up, I'm like, oh, I'm hoping this just like gets will right on is like the Star Wars. The retelling so that which made it great because I felt this movie you don't really have to see the first one to see the second one.
Speaker 3: No, you don't have to. They recap it well.
Speaker 2: The recap that they do in the front is so good, and it was such a fun way to do it. Four kids. It still looked like it was four kids. Wasn't too old, you know, like Star Wars feeling old?
Speaker 3: No, great, I thought it was great. I did too. It was directed by writer director Manny Coto, who did not direct the original that was Kenneth Johnson. On the directing side, Manny helmed and wrote the cult horror movie Doctor Giggles in nineteen ninety two and Star Kid in nineteen ninety seven, but we know him as the director of the Andy Lawrence Clone dcom The Other Me. On the writing side, Manny was well accomplished with credits on TV shows like Star Trek, Enterprise, Dexter, American Horror Story, and twenty four Which you want an Emmy four. Sadly, zen On two was his last directing job, passed away in twenty twenty three from pancreatic cancer. The Star xenon herself. Kirsten Storms is back. We all remember her from the First movie, obviously, which was her first acting job. Ever, you may also remember her from Johnny Tsunami, making her a bit of a dcom legend around these parts, and in adulthood she conquered another niche, becoming a massive soap opera star. On Days of Our Lives in General Hospital for over two decades Insane. As mentioned, Raven Simone was replaced as Nebula Wade. Now we have a Shaddya Simmons, a very familiar face to Rewinders. She played Piper in what is likely best dcom nominee, The Color of Friendship. Oh man, we love that movie, and she was in Quints, which we didn't like as much. She was also on the Canadian show Life with Derek, which apparently is just a bunch of people apologizing, which aired on Disney Channel and in the US.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding, it's Canadian, so that's what's the job.
Speaker 3: Forget it. Canadians are awesome people. They're just they're very apologetic people. They're wonderful. Philip Reese is back as pro Tozoa. He became an always working actor on shows like twenty four, Niptuck and Glee, and he's our guest this week on the Magical rewind Feed, ready to talk all about Xenon. Very exciting. Everybody here was freaking out. Never be in a text chain with fourteen people who want to meet pro Tozoa. That's all I have to say.
Speaker 2: Oh so good.
Speaker 3: The very recognizable Stuart Pankin also returns as Commander Edward plank He was in classic movies like Congo, Fatal Attraction, and Arachnophobia, but Big HBO fans might recognize him from not Necessarily The News, Great Show and New for the zequal Another just stellar character, actor John Getz is General Hammond. By the way, for everybody out there who's a Mash fan, I swear to God that's who they named after, General Hammond. This guy's IMDb is a murderer's row of good projects. He's been in movies like Blood Simple, The Social Network, The Fly, Zodiac, Don't Tell Mom, The Babysitters Dead, and TV shows like The West Wing, mad Men, Homeland, and Bosh. I mean, this is the dude.
Speaker 2: Yes, so recognizable, he's got that fantas.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this pops on that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would say, while he's probably not to the level that we we need for a Dabney Reynolds share, yeah, because that's really but we should come up with a new chair of like killer character actors. Maybe it's a stool character actor stool because yeah, it's he's in everything. But enough about those bozos. How about the thing we really care about, And that's the running time. Yes, xenon too, the zequal clocks in it eighty nine minutes. Yes, the time we're seeing more and more one off target, but still on the right side of history. So for me, that's like a win. Much like my dating profile requirements, I like to keep it under ninety.
Speaker 2: It also flew by, as we've already said it was it didn't even feel like an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Like it didn't, and it felt so nice. It just was. I wasn't looking at my phone, I wasn't watching it, and I actually, did you watch this on an airplane?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah I did. I had I downloaded it and I watched it. I had a long flight from Boston. I was like, oh, watch it, this will at least kill the time.
Speaker 1: And it finished and I was like, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that was that was fast?
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, I honestly didn't even have like a bunch of Sabrina seas because I normally have lists and lists of stuff that I'm saying, not I to have like six things that I'm like, yeah, these are thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's it was crazy, really fluid and writing wise, We've got Marilyn Sadler and Roger Bowlin. They are the original writing team behind the book these movies are based on. They made a book out of that kidding, and they'd go on to create one of the bigger kids shows in the past two decades, running from two thousand and six to twenty eleven, with an unfortunate name that makes Rider Strong giggle every time we say it. They made Handy Manny and just leaving it at that, go back to the Podmeats World Feed to hear all of Ryder Strong's thoughts on Handy Manny, and the teleplay is credit to the one and only the dcom daddy himself, Stu Krieger, who wrote not only the original but the other Channel classics like Smart House, Going to the Mat, Got to Kick It Up, cow Bells, and our recently reviewed Phantom of the Megaplex.
Speaker 1: Apparently dcom Daddy Steu was.
Speaker 3: Not happy with our review a film. Sure, sorry, Stu wasn't her favorite. Let's not waste another minute, though, Let's zoom zoom zoom our way into a shuttle, find these aliens, and get right into Xenon too. The zequel. We start with a reference to Star Wars, like Sabrina was saying as a zappad. The communicator tablet from the first movie spins through space, eventually landing so we can read a preface about chapter two of Xenon on its screen. The text rolls from the bottom up, reminding us that fifteen year old Xenon car saved her space station from evil in the last movie. It's now a year later, and Xenon is on top of her game, able to do whatever she wants in the space station, seen as a bit of a local hero, but now everything in her life is about to change. We are thrown directly into the busy space station. Nebula and Xenon are walking the halls. Nebula nervous about what they're about to do. Xenon knows she's seen as too much of a hero to get into any trouble and then they run right into Commander Plank, who seems stern at first, but Xenon was right. He just joyfully lets them go about their way. Xenon then takes neb to a restricted communication zone, using a card to enter.
Speaker 1: Now slang why Sabrina.
Speaker 3: Xenon has already told Nebula not to be ice when she's being on cool, and now this control center they enter is Thermo.
Speaker 1: If I had one criticism.
Speaker 3: Of this movie, it was that they really pushed the slang in this Yeah. She must have said see this lapidus forty two times, like you couldn't make this a drinking game, you'd be dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, and again it's a small criticism because I get what they're doing, but it was a little much.
Speaker 2: When we when we get a little bit later on, I'm going to tell you why it felt too much.
Speaker 3: Too okay, Yeah, because it was just a little much, this little little too many reference after reference after reference in this world.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, but I will say, Kusten, it's like it just rolled off the tongue. I think would stumble on these words, Oh, you'd get them. I mean I feel like i'd stumble.
Speaker 3: You'd get them, you know, you would hearing kids talk nowadays with the words they say, I don't know what any of this mid, And I'm like what, I just assume you're calling me an idiot, and they're probably right. Well, the room they go into looks important, but Sena says she's found an interesting monitor and turned it into a new game. She's transformed this very important CPU into a video game, like a Rachnoid or Pong. Frankly, it seems innocent, but we see they're playing. Has opened a door and Commander Plank's office and now all of his belongings.
Speaker 1: And furniture are being sucked out into space.
Speaker 3: Now. I was worried here because if she's done this before, how has all of this stuff not been sucked out in a space already?
Speaker 2: I did too, I went, okay, wait a minute. But then my brain was so determined already to love this movie.
Speaker 3: I was the same way. I was like, let go.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, like, it probably happened somewhere else his room.
Speaker 3: Great, that's also.
Speaker 2: It happens somewhere else in this space shuttle.
Speaker 1: And in an unknown little closet she was opening and closing.
Speaker 3: Perfect. Great, I'm with you. And so when Plank returns. He shocked to see his things floating outside, and then he's almost sucked out the window himself. He holds on for dear life while the girls giggle and play what they think is an innocent ArKade game on the other side of the ship, and as he's being pulled, Plank somehow knows who's behind this and yells z it on. Zena is now back in her room, talking in her zappad wishing somewhat a nice life. She tells Nebula that Greg, her Earth boyfriend from the first movie, has dumped her and a turn has been written out of the zequel. I hope that didn't affect his sag insurance. She kn't. That's got to be the worst. He's got to be like, oh my god, this is great. They're doing a sequel. Oh I can't.
Speaker 2: Oh no, seriously, how that happens?
Speaker 3: Oh god, Well, because they basically I was gonna say, oh, they're gonna keep the entire thing on the space station, but then they go to Earth. They easily could have put him in the movie, but they didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She, by the way, cannot believe that he dumped her and thinks that the Margie girlquote unquote had something to do with it. And even worse, Plank has revoked her roaming pass after her little stunt today and sent her to the Alien Patrol Lab to work it off. One month of three hour shifts and six hours on Saturday. She'll be side by side with Oriyan, who's been working there for five full years and is very quirky. He's never picked up a signal, but still gives her a tour of what to do just in case that happens. And during their first night shift, she's already fallen asleep on the job, only to be woken up by an alarm. She's ready to alert everyone of an alien signal, but it's just O'Ryan with an alarm clock and so the next day, Xenon is already complaining about the punishment to her mom and breaking the news about Greg and just when she thinks things can't get any worse, a breaking news bullet and cuts into their TV feed. Her favorite pop star, Protozoa, is missing. Since his triumphant concert in Space, he has yet to be seen. There are rumors he's retired, and Xenon is devastated, and then the entire Space station is alerted to meet in the mess hall for an emergency briefing. At the meeting, Plank announces someone has stepped in to fill the management void left behind by the of obviously the first movie's villain, and it's uh oh, the US military. They're sending up troops to assess each module and decide who is important and who is expendable. This means a lot of the Shuttle's families could be reassigned to Earth. The new leader, General Hammond again great mash reference will arrive soon and explain everything in greater detail.
Speaker 1: Xenon is stressed and lets Plank know it.
Speaker 3: She can't believe these military guys will be making such important decisions, and Plank explains he has no control over who will stay and who will go. And once this Hammond arrives with troops, he surprisingly wants to see Xenon immediately. The high ranking military official says he's always looking for the best and brightest permissions and everyone says that Xenon is the best he could find. She's down for whatever his dangerous instructions are, but instead he just asks her to supervise his daughter. And his daughter is Margie. The Brad, who may have stolen Xenon's boyfriend. She arrives on the shuttle looking like she just walked out of the movie Couless. Hammond orders his daughter to get some rest, but as soon as she starts fake crying and clearly manipulates him, he gives in and lets her stay awake. She was in the first one.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, okay, we liked her in the first one.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 2: We liked her as a She was a good villain. She was a good villain in the first one. She did it really well.
Speaker 3: But you'd also, I'd have to imagine if she came up to the space station and you think she stole your boyfriend, you'd rather have her where you can see her than down on Earth with your boyfriend. Right. Ok So there about that.
Speaker 2: You've picked up some good girl talk.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm trying to, hey, trying to After this many dcoms, it's hard not to. Now. In Xenon's room, Margie starts rubbing Gregory in her face. The two girls already start to butt heads about who's turf they're on, and Margie quickly threatens Xenon if she's not nice to her, she'll have her family removed from the station Cetus Lapidis. Now in the dining room, a visibly peeve Xenon has become Margie's servant, even cutting her meat for her. And that's not all. Xenon also finds herself doing her arch Nemesis homework and forfeiting the last of cake to her, and later Xenon complains about the situation of Nebula. She even has to paint her nails later, but for now, Xenon will go along with it to keep her family safe, but she doesn't plan on rolling over and playing dead. Later, during the pedicure, Xenon gets a little mischievous and includes glue with a nail polish, so later when Margie goes to take her socks off, they're stuck to her nails. And this, of course makes no sense, as anybody's ever been around a woman knows the second you get your nails painted, they don't put socks on. No even I know that. I mean, if I said to my wife as she's like, she just paints her nails, and I'm like, hey, let's throw on a pair of socks. Come on, we know that's not how it works, right. Meanwhile, Xenon is back in her alien lab, bored and waiting for any sort of life for them. When it happens again, she's getting little wavelengths on the monitor, so she reaches out to Commander Plank, who rushes to see the action, but he's not impressed. It's a small spike and could be hundreds of different things, and although they'd love to believe it's something alien, they chalk it up to being nothing at all. Okay, this is supposed to be in the future, and it's supposed to be very high tech equipment that she's watching, and it seems like maybe they just shot it in a weird way where she's getting these spikes that are clearly something, and then other people are. She's bringing other people in instantly, she's not keeping it to herself, and then it's like they don't see the spikes. Wouldn't she be wouldn't the equipment be recording so that she can go back and be like, look what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I found that weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I thought they were looking back at it and going.
Speaker 3: So, so that was my question. Maybe I just missed it. There they're seeing what she's seeing. They just don't believe it's anything right.
Speaker 2: That's how I took it, okay.
Speaker 3: When I first saw it, I thought it okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I felt like orian he was like, as much as I want to believe it is, it was almost like he's already seen that kind of stuff before, turned out to be nothing.
Speaker 3: That's okay. I think I must have missed that because I thought it was like they were it was like the frog who was like, hello, my baby, Hello ma honey, and then you bring it over and then the frog ribbit like that's what I thought it was. No, okay, I felt.
Speaker 2: Like it was like it was yeah, because there are they are in space and like he was saying, like he's like sometimes that we just don't know that there's like another country that like sent like satellites, and so he's like he's like, I missed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I figured I missed it. Okay. We're back with her parents. She pleads with them to believe her, but they aren't sold. Her dad even thinks she's just reeling from the last few days of disappointment, the breakup, Protozoa disappearing, and Margie showing up. He wonders if she's just saying this to get back into the spotlight, and just like that, do we have a new member of the bad dcom Dad Hall of Fame. I don't know this. I'll let it slide because he was good in the rest of the movie. But it's like he's instantly not believing her and then saying maybe she's making the whole thing up. I was like, ooh, not good, Dad, not good. And now she's even being bullied at school about her alleged alien encounter, but she's staying confident in what she saw. All the while, Margie's becoming increasingly popular on the space station, even with Nebula, and there's absolutely nothing she can do about it. And that night in the lab, while she's feeling bad about herself, it all happens again. She hears the zoom or zum as because we don't want to give it away, so she calls it the zum from the satellites and notices the spikes on the radar, and when she goes to tell somebody, she bumps right into Commander Plank and he doesn't believe her again, but this time General Hammond joins them and wondered if these zums are a signed that the Lab's machines are too old and the entire department needs to be deactivated. Xenon fights back. She knows what she heard, so as a result, Commander plank Were leaves her of her duties and bans her from the lab. The following morning, it's the big day where Section seven will be detached from the station. Everyone seems affected by the separation and are warned of a large jolt at the moment of release. Xenon just doesn't get why their station is being chopped up. Her dad explains that without these changes, they could crash into Earth, but Xenon doesn't believe that. She thinks someone needs to stand up and that person could be her. And here's where once again I wanted to point out how for the budget and for the time, it all looked great. Yeah, when they were separating the modules they're doing, it all looked really good. I was super impressed.
Speaker 2: I again, like I was like excited to see this movie, but also a little worried. We're talking two thousand and one on the Disney Channel creating a space shuttle that they're going to be like, you know, doing these special effects and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think didn't Stu tell us that they were going to make it into a show, but they wanted to then put the show on Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's kind.
Speaker 3: Of like why the whole point is to be in space and maybe it's just way too expensive to do a space show. I don't know, but it seems because this, to me, I was fully impressed with basically how everything look it was. There wasn't a moment even where I was like, oh, that looks terrible. Yes, yeah, it didn't look bad.
Speaker 2: No it didn't. It really didn't. And it made me kind of go, like, I wonder what because I don't ever remember hearing and it wasn't in any of our stuff that this was like a huge budget for the channel at the time, right either. So No, it's they just did it, like they just nail worked.
Speaker 3: It worked. It really did.
Speaker 2: They really did.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought it looked great. Commander Plank now has his own issues, though his office has been taken over by Hammond and he's been moved into the small supply closet. Xenon tries to get him riled up to fight back, but Plank seems defeated and overwhelmed with the responsibilities of living on the space station. He wonders if Earth is just easier and is quick to blame Xenon's alien fantasies. Everyone's blaming Xenon.
Speaker 2: Seriously, come on, and.
Speaker 3: The poor kid. She just saved you all in the last movie, for God's sakes, and brought a rock star, international rock star up to see you. Maybe a little something anyway, and the whole station. Now, that's the other thing I wanted to mention. It's been I think two years since the last movie came out. It was night I think ninety nine, and then two thousand and one that she Kirsten definitely looks older. Oh yeah, like she definitly. I mean you could really see a change in her. When I saw I was like, oh wow, okay to the point where when I first saw her, I was like, Oh, is she gonna be like working on the space station.
Speaker 1: And then I realized, oh no, they probably still have her in high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they actually I noticed when we were doing the callback, they actually made it a big point of And now Xenon's fifteen.
Speaker 3: She is not thirty one, nor is she twelve or thirteen anymore.
Speaker 2: She looks different kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because she did. She definitely looked older.
Speaker 2: Yeah she did. She's such a pretty girl.
Speaker 3: She is, and the whole station now sees Xenon as the girl who cried alien throwing in. Let's throw in the fact that Nebula is getting even closer to Margie and even using her slang word fabula. What that's a big stab in the back. This is a disaster.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, dude, your friend's bailing on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Poor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that night Xenon.
Speaker 2: Is doing it, was like, Raven would never do that.
Speaker 3: Right, exactly, where's Raven?
Speaker 2: Where get Raven? She'd never do this, She never.
Speaker 3: Nice. That night, Zenon is doing what every kid and every kid thing, whether it's Disney, Nickelodeon or whatever, talking to herself in bed. It's just the old kid stand by when we were kids growing up on a television show, you always had scenes where you're just talking to yourself.
Speaker 1: And that's when her zappad beeps.
Speaker 3: It magically downloaded the Alien Lab radar software and is spiking again, but this time she recognizes the sound. It's zoom zoom zoom from Protozoa. She fetches her old Lab coworker Oryan and compares the zooms from the Radar to Protozoa song Zoom Zoom zoom, and they are the same. She quickly deduces that the aliens want to meet the pop star, which seemed like a big jump for me. It's like, that's where you went because the first thing that went through by I was like, wow that okay, got there quick. Yeah, I thought it was gonna be that. It turned out that it was because they said that Protozoa had disappeared and now she's getting these I thought they were going where he's reaching out to her.
Speaker 2: He's me too, That's exactly where I was going.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Same with my head.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, she's gonna go save.
Speaker 3: Him say it, thought the same exact thing. Yep, I thought the same thing. It's like it's gotta be Protoza. But yeah, that seemed like a big jump where she's like zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom, aliens want to meet him, Like wait what But hey, I'm still I'm still loving them all in But that was a little bit of it.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, that's where it got true.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. O. Ryan of course buys the story and knows how huge this is. He wants to tell Plank, but Xenon knows he or Hammond won't believe them. And then it's time to say goodbye to Section seven. Everyone must report to their safe zones for the moment of release. We get some again great special effects of space shots of the pieces being removed from the station, and then it's gone. Now we're in the dining room and Xenon finds Nebula, who's obviously bothered by something. Xenon assumes it's their earlier squabble over Margie, but it's because her fan section is being sent back to Earth tomorrow afternoon. They're not even getting time to say goodbye to people. They're just ready. We're leaving at one Like wait, what.
Speaker 2: Yes, you must pack all your belongings and go.
Speaker 3: It's like this is her home. My god. Xenon, of course cannot believe it. This is crisis mode extreme. She's not gonna let General Hammond get away with this. Then Xenon helps Nebula haul her big moving box into the waiting area for her sections departure to Earth, and surprisingly, Margie is hiding in the room.
Speaker 1: And here's the best friend saying goodbye to each other.
Speaker 3: It's now the big day Xenon's parents are saying goodbye to Nebula and her mom, but Xenon is just too sad to join them. We cut to Earth, where section twelve is landing and the luggage is deplaning, and we learn that Xenon was in Nebula's big box. Please don't ever make me say that sentence again. She eventually escapes the luggage, but once she's out, she's welcomed by Margie, who was also hiding in a box for the trip and wants to accompany Xenon on our adventure to prove these aliens do in fact exist. Xenon can't believe what's going on, but she gives it in Their first stop is her Aunt Judy's place, who's just as kooky as she was last time, and kookie enough to believe that the alien story is true and willing to help. So now Aunt Judy, Xenon, and Margie powow and Margie wonders if Protozoa was actually alien napped, but Xenon isn't hearing it. She knows the singer is justin hiding somehow, which, again alien naps seems more logical yeah, but she decides to study his lyrics to look for clues about where he is, and Margie mentions a Linda who is referenced in a lot of the songs. Aunt Judy mentions that Linda means beautiful in Spanish, and boom, the Zeppad magically has a result. It's a cliff side home. Not sure how beautiful and Spanish got them there, but I did. It's like, wait a second, he said the word blue. He was in vane, like wait, what will you do?
Speaker 2: I rewound this part. Then I was like, no, that's that's all they gave us.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 2: But I'm telling you, I didn't care. I was like, we gotta finds, I know, but they how do.
Speaker 3: They not do something where it's like it's Linda and then it's like, you know, his famous lyric, it's a house on a hill, like something they give But they didn't. They were just they said Linda and.
Speaker 2: He and then they got the zillow exactly.
Speaker 3: He's currently on sale for six point five megaquat ludes. Yes uh, and there's an open house tomorrow, so we now see inside the cliff side home they found by just learning one word in Spanish, and it is Protozoa. He's pacing and talking to his manager about what to do next after already being the first rock star in space. He can't be president of the Pope, so he might as well just retire and hide in this house. I mean, I feel like there are a whole bunch of other options, but hey, who am I to get into an artist way?
Speaker 2: But you gotta pause because this is the first time we are actually getting a look into Protozoa's like personality. Yeah, and the character, and I am all in. It was like, he's funny, he's got this great accent. Yep, oh my god.
Speaker 3: The hair is still on point.
Speaker 2: The hair is still there. I mean, but we got to see and I'm like, this guy's a great actor. I feel like we didn't really get to see much of him, and this is amazing.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, I'm really glad that he's become one of the main characters because he does add to the film. He really does. It's great.
Speaker 2: He adds so almost steals it. Yeah, at some point of.
Speaker 3: It, I agree. I agree. So now on Judy is dropping off Zene on Emergie into basically the jungle to hype again. If you're flying did she drive though? They drove, right, I don't they drove?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, but yeah, they have to now hike to Protozos hideaway. They immediately find a green screen waterfall, which it was, and Margie is already tired and annoyed, even falling into a puddle of mud and coming up to face a very big spider, but she gets through it. But now we're back on the space station. General Hammond finds a message from Margie telling him that she went to Earth with Xenon and lies, saying she was forced to go with threats.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I know, just when I was kind of kind of starting to warm up to Marge. I was like, oh no, oh no, Marge.
Speaker 1: How dare you Margie? Yep, So that was not cool.
Speaker 3: But he rushes down to see Xenon's parents and they all quickly realize Xenon is not in her bedroom like they thought. She does the full Ferris Bueller thing with the like you knock on the door and she's like, oh wait, it turns out to be a recording.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They call Aunt Judy and they get the whole story. At the same time, Zenon and Margie have found Protozoa's house, but they hit a force field that, when activated, tickles them. Their incessant laugh leads Protozoa right to them, but luckily he recognizes his old pal Xenon immediately in the house, Xenon breaks down the entire alien story for him while Margie is stars. He also hears the similar zoom zoom zoom, but isn't ready to go to space again. He wants a new challenge, so Xenon entices him by explaining he'd be the first musician to ever play for aliens, and then he's in So what an easy cell that was. Back with Xenon's parents, they are furious with their daughter and aunt Judy. General Hammond is now more likely to send everyone to Earth, which is Xenon's mom's biggest nightmare, and to add insult to injury, General Hammond has placed Xenon's parents under house arrest until she returns. He arrests them, but only we know. The girls are at Protozoa's pad, who has finally made it out of his fonk at his writing music again, but he wonders why if the aliens want him so badly, why haven't they just beamed him down and picked him up. Margie suggests that the aliens saw et and they're afraid they'll get probed. Meeting in space would be much safer. Yeah, okay, I'm going to leave that, leave that exactly where it is. And as you're wondering what I would say here, like everybody to quickly rewind everything they've heard and just go back.
Speaker 1: Please to Sabrina saying taint.
Speaker 3: But Protozoa is not sold. Since space is huge, how would they even know where to meet up. Xenon logs into her zappad and finds access to a map. She enlists the help of Oriyan to figure out what it means, and asks Margie to call her dad for a shuttle. She's hesitant to engage with her dad, especially since she told him she was kidnapped by Xenon, but Xenon knows finding aliens will save their space station, So I don't know how she knows that, but she does so. Margie eventually agrees to do it, but when she calls him, it accidentally taps into a meeting where he's announcing his secret plan to send all residents back to Earth and destroy the space station once and for all because it's on the verge of crashing from the intense damage that occurred over the years.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have to ask because this is interesting.
Speaker 3: He's saving everybody's life like it wasn't He's not bad, you know what I mean, he's a bad guy, right. It's not like I'm selling it off or this is going to become a military space station. It's he's literally.
Speaker 1: Saving everyone and doesn't want to kick people off.
Speaker 2: Right, But they're not interested. They want to die on the sh I know.
Speaker 3: But it's one of those things though, where if you think about it, nobody's really.
Speaker 1: Bad in this movie. There's not a villain.
Speaker 2: No, that's right.
Speaker 3: You know, Margie is not the greatest, but they're traveling together, her dad is trying to save everybody's life. Really, there isn't a villain like there was in the first one. That's so true, which I thought was interesting. Yeah. I figured, obviously this guy's going to have where it's like, oh they tapped into a secret meeting, what's really going on?
Speaker 2: Right, And it.
Speaker 3: Was that he's really trying to save everybody's life.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to make sure that you don't all die. Yeah, that's my evilness.
Speaker 2: I'd like to, you know, offer you a future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. This place is literally going to crash into Earth and be destroyed in the next month, So I'm getting everyone off and saving it. There's no villain, no So now with this in though, Aunt Judy calls Plank and tells him the bad news.
Speaker 1: She demands a shuttle for the girls to find.
Speaker 3: The aliens, and more importantly, Oriyan has figured out the map. He shows Plank the exact location of the signal and is sure that if you travel there, you'll come face to face with aliens. Back with Xenon and Margie, they're finally working out their issues. Margie blames her own sarcasm and a surprise people listen to her at all. She's had a rough upbringing, moving from place to place with her dad and just wants to fit in. She's envious that Xenon can just be popular with no effort, but Xenon explains that everyone has pressures in their life. She must see outside of herself and be a good person anyway. It was a very nice message. Then we jump over to Nebula's house on Earth. She's complaining to her mom about their new surroundings. The house is small, the airs polluted, and she misses the space station and that's when the US Intergalactic Patrol, dispatched by General Hammond, arrives at her front door. They want to interview Nebula to find out where Xenon is, but our girl stays strong. She knows that snitches end up in ditches, and back at the that's true. And back in the station, Plank meets a general him and he says Aunt Judy his girlfriend, which I think was a detail I completely and totally forgot from the first movie.
Speaker 2: Did you remember until they said it? But then I remembered, Yeah, they met like at the very end.
Speaker 3: Right, but I had i'd's based on that too. Yeah, but is begging him for a visit. He asked for permission to take a shuttle to see her for twenty four hours, and is quickly, of course granted said permission. So Aunt Judy immediately let's see No. No, Plank will be coming with the shuttle landing at the beach and we'll pilot them to go see the aliens. But they have to stay safe because the Intergalactic Patrol is roaming the area to find them, and even worse, While Plank is talking to Oriyan about the upcoming alien mission, Hammond's overhears everything and places Plank under house arrest too. It seems like if you're going to be discussing breaking all the rules, maybe just a quick look over your shoulder to make sure the guy you're trying to discuss isn't right behind you.
Speaker 2: Exactly, like or maybe not even be like walking around doing it, like let's think a secret area or like secure area that's like secured.
Speaker 3: Or at least whisper. It was like, you know, it's like what are you doing? But the girls and Protozo are clueless to this and ready for the shuttle. It's also worth pointing out that Xenon's parents are still locked in the room, only to finally be broken out by Orion, and Aunt Judy had made a break from her house as well, with officers at her door, and they've all shown up at Nebula's house at her house, so they're looking, they're looking all over, and they're all on ATVs, which I find strange, but hey, strange, no one's in a car. They're like a weird ATV gang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you and your buddies back it's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're the Heck's Angels.
Speaker 3: Xenon's parents calls Xenon to encourage her to surrender and come home, but she can't give up on the Aliens. With Plank gone, she wants her parents to fly the shuttle, but her mom is just too afraid to fly and apparently has convinced herself she hates Earth, but for her daughter, she's got to try. Orion leads her through the pipes to get to the shuttle, but says things are too hot to leave in the obvious rocket. She'll need to use the smaller and dumpier waste management transport. It's obviously not ideal. But this part of the film to me was so like struck a chord because, as somebody who deals with anxiety, there are times where you're you're you're scared and you just have to do it anyway. And so they really wrote her where she basically has a mental illness. I mean, she's like she's too scared to leave the shuttle. She's not going back to Earth. She hasn't flown, she hasn't done any of this, and it's like, my daughter needs me. I need to get over my panic and that's what it was. This was a woman in full panic attack ye who's like I gotta I gotta feel the fear and do it anyway. I gotta go. And so it was like, all right, good for you, like I got you.
Speaker 2: I loved it the messaging, and that I don't want to do it until it's like literally only.
Speaker 3: Superret okay, we'll do it. Then, we'll do it then.
Speaker 2: But so good. Such a great thing, especially for what we're dealing with, which is a kid's show, Like even parents get these big feelings and these and can be scared. But yet here we go. This is this is the message, this is the you know, the learning.
Speaker 3: I think so too. On the beach now, Aunt Judy and Nebula arrive to help and reunite with Xenon, Margie and Protozoa. Judy is devastated to hear Plank won't be manning the shuttle, and when we cut to Xenon's mom and Orion flying the trashmobile, it seems pretty touch and go. She's freaking out and very scared of the landing, but Xenon's mom makes it happen, finding the courage and the love for her daughter and abruptly landing on the beach just as Hammond's troops arrive on their stupid ATVs. The now full group Xenon, Xenon's mom, Aunt Judy, Protozoa, Margie, and Nebula take off in the shuttle, just escaping the bad guys. Hammon is of course furious and ready to take it out on Xenon's dad and Plank, but since his daughter Margie's on the shuttle too, they suggest he helps get them home safely. On the shuttle, everyone butt, Xenon and her mom are asleep and they can't find the aliens anywhere. The calculations don't appear to be precise. Xenon is still optimistic and her mom is so thankful to be backflying and pushing herself.
Speaker 1: She is so proud of Xenon.
Speaker 3: But their gas tanks are now empty, and Orion didn't fill up the backup tanks.
Speaker 1: Way to go dummy like one job.
Speaker 3: They can't get in touch with the space station and they're close to being sucked up into the gravitational pull of the Moon and thrown through space to death. Also, Aunt Judy is so annoying when she thinks she's dying and she won't stop yapping. And then the moon does pull the shuttle in, but it's not going to crash. It's to meet the aliens. They've arrived for the rendezvous, and their UFO looks like a beautiful laser bird. It full on reminded me of the Abyss. I don't know if you ever saw the Abyss, but no, straight out, you've never seen the Abyss.
Speaker 1: You've kind of seen James Cameron's the Abyss. It's great, and it kind of this is what it reminded me of.
Speaker 3: But it was beautiful. And that's when an alien beams into their shuttle, but not to meet Protozoa. It's because Xenon can surprisingly read the alien's minds. She finds out that they've been lost in space for years, unable to return home. If they can borrow a map in some charts, they'll get the crew back into their space station then return home. They needed permission to use the computers, though, because they wanted to be polite, which is very funny. Yeah, and now the alien led plane controlled by the laser Bird return into the space Shuttle, completely shocking Hammond and his officials.
Speaker 1: The crew reunites with their families, but.
Speaker 3: Without any actual proof of the aliens, They're still all in trouble and the space station is still gonna be deactivated. And I was like, what more proof do you need than matching what you just saw?
Speaker 2: Yes? Like, was someone supposed to take a picture of it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What? What was it?
Speaker 3: The mom is a scientist? Yes? Do you think she's gonna go back and be like aliens have no No, like she's gonna lie about it? Come on, it's like what I was like, Wait a minute. I was like literally yelling at the screen in the plane at that bot. I was like, what else do you need to know? Uh?
Speaker 2: Seriously, sorry, man, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Watching the zequeal.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's a heated debate right now.
Speaker 3: It was three C was pretty mad at me, and just as Hammond becomes more insulting, Margie finally speaks up. She insists they did find aliens and everything about their adventure is true, but her dad needs proof.
Speaker 1: And then the ship starts shaking. They're being put back in orbit.
Speaker 3: It's the aliens that are helping, and they're also reattaching the previously removed pieces of the ship. The laser bird waves goodbye and Xenon finally proved she was right. The now intact space station is back on track, and to celebrate, Protozoa performs for the ship. He explained, Xenon is the true hero. The Aliens didn't even really want to meet him, but being humbled has creatively woken him back up. He's even performing weddings now, and that's where we realize. We're at Commander Plank and Aunt Judy's nuptials. He wishes them the best and dedicates a song to Xenon. It's called the Galaxy as Ours and it's not the best song in the film.
Speaker 2: It's not zoom zoom.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not tough. This your sophomore album is always difficult. Everyone knows that.
Speaker 2: But not only that, think about it. Not not to like ruffle my shoulders and pump them up, but like this was before the world of musicals in the channel too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's true, it's right. I hadn't up yet. This is yeah yeah, and this is me PCG pre Cheetah Girls, right, And.
Speaker 2: Although I know Cheetah Girls fans love the first movie, the second movies music is a beefed up version, you know what I mean? So It's like, this is really before Disney was doing music, so I.
Speaker 3: Did, well, we know they had to RecA. We know Protozoa is in the third one, so maybe there's a new song in the third one that's that's kicked up. Who knows.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I gave I gave him a past.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, because by then they were in the wheelhouse of music. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I agree, Yeah, But who cares? We don't care. Things are good. I don't know. Margie has even returned to the Space Station and convinced her dad to let her stay. She wants to get to know Xenon better. Xenon pretends to be bummed at first, but they hug as the sucky song continues to play. Also, it looks like maybe Xenon and Orion have developed a little bit of crushes on each other.
Speaker 1: Together, and Plank and Hammond have even made up.
Speaker 3: Everything is turning up Space Station, and that is our movie. Let's do some real reviews. I have the five star review this week. I love how both of our reviews are very short. This week our five star reviews from our old friend who nom Nomen is back, And here is this review.
Speaker 1: I've seen every movie and this one is good.
Speaker 3: Five stars. Ok, thank you ver.
Speaker 2: What do you got stars? I've got the one star. This is from Augusto forty. Yeah, this sequel sucks.
Speaker 3: One star.
Speaker 2: I thought that was right.
Speaker 3: I guess sequel sucks. We are now, of course, to Sabrina's favorite part of the program.
Speaker 2: Is warming up to me a little bit.
Speaker 3: I haven't been doing you know why, because.
Speaker 2: Here to make me feel like a complete So there you.
Speaker 3: Go, no Jensen, and the feature becomes a lot easier, doesn't it. So our feature this week is called Alien Concepts. To honor, Zenon and her new alien friends, will be given a description of a movie that includes aliens. Oh, I should be good at this. We have to guess the title of the movie from a little multiple choice option three out of five wins.
Speaker 1: Who is playing with us today?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Here we wait before Lisa. Are you you are one of our just brainiacs of the of the producing staff? Are you a like alien movie fan?
Speaker 3: Oh? She's gonna know all these backwards for I don't even know what.
Speaker 2: The questions are. I only have the answers. Oh, okay, the alien.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Number one. After witnessing a UFO, an ordinary man becomes obsessed with the mysterious visions that lead him to a remote site in hopes to make first contact. Is that a fire in the sky? B Mars needs moms, see Close Encounters of the Third Kind or D super eight? What do you got, Sabrina?
Speaker 2: My eyes are going to cross this game. I'm gonna go with see Close Encounters of the Third Kind?
Speaker 3: It is C Close Encounters for the third time? Am I right? You don't even need me?
Speaker 2: Will I don't?
Speaker 3: I don't to be honest with you, but I love having you here and hearing your dulcet tones. So that's right. We're one for one. Number two?
Speaker 2: Wow, you guys, I feel like I want already.
Speaker 3: She's stepping away. I'm done. I just had my one good golf shot. I never have to play again. Yes, yeah, Number two. Aliens launch a massive attack on Earth, and a group of survivors, including a pilot, a scientist, and the US President unite to fight back. Is it a Independence Day? B Mars attacks, CE Deep Impact or d Armageddon? What do you got, Sabrina?
Speaker 2: A independence day?
Speaker 3: It is a independence day? Two for two, Sabrina, Am I correct.
Speaker 2: Like aliens more than you think? I think a pair. I listen, No, the next one? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Number three, a young boy befriends a stranded alien and helps him reunite with his family while evading government agents and enjoying McDonald's. Is it a E T B Big Hero six see Gods and Monsters? Or D mac and Me Sabrina, What do you got.
Speaker 2: A E T Ooh?
Speaker 3: This is where producer Jensen really gets because he added enjoying.
Speaker 2: McDonald That's when I went, I don't remember McDonald's and ET, but it wasn't. It was so close to it.
Speaker 3: Basically a commercial rip off. It was a rip off of ET called mac and Me McIver.
Speaker 2: The mac Oh damn it.
Speaker 3: There's literally like in the middle, there's like a McDonald's commercial. Essentially, you need to go look up every Paul Rudd appearance on Conan O'Brien.
Speaker 2: I think it is he just.
Speaker 3: Okay? Number four, a man claiming to be from another planet is sent to a mental hospital, where his calm, wisdom and mysterious knowledge make everyone question if he's actually telling the truth. Is it a Lawnmore Man b K pax C Galaxy Quest or D Home.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm gonna go b K Pax.
Speaker 3: It's definitely not Galaxy Quest. I've never heard of Home. I think lawnmore Man is a horror movie. So I'm gonna say b K Pax it is b I won.
Speaker 1: I think we won. And so the fifth one just for I did number five.
Speaker 3: An alien couple crash land on Earth and try to blend in with humans using fake identities and end up living an oddly normal suburban life a Earth to Echo B Paul c Arrival or D coneads.
Speaker 2: Heads.
Speaker 3: Yes it's d co Heads.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's back in me and I have never seen that. I don't even know.
Speaker 3: You should watch it. It's worth it. It's funny, as is it funny? It's yes, because.
Speaker 2: It's so it's supposed to be funny. It's like a comic.
Speaker 3: It was supposed to be eat, and it's just not eat.
Speaker 2: It's just not.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Okay, it's got a.
Speaker 1: It's got a great cult following.
Speaker 3: It really does. Really Yeah, it's all right. Well, thank you so much, Lisa. I appreciate it. And now do some Sabrina sees.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so I have to. I just have to hit it because we sort of sort of talked about it at first, and as soon as I pop it up to push play on Disney Plus, I realized that it wasn't Raven on it, and I was like, I thought Raven wasn't in the third one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Thought I was expecting Raven and I just didn't realize I thought she wasn't in the third one. I thought she was in the first two. So I was kind of like, oh, but then I was like, oh, wait, no, that's from the Color of She's from the Color of Friendship.
Speaker 3: Oh she killed it, and she killed it.
Speaker 2: She did a great job. So anyways, it was kind of I did have a little bit of an emotional rollercoaster even before person play. And then did you notice that Stu is not just a writer, he's a producer on this?
Speaker 3: Yes, there's a couple.
Speaker 1: Now we've seen that he's a producer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, I think that's amazing. Next next hit was and I get what they were looking for when we first see Margie for the first time again, you know she's back, and we see that she's in the second movie, and they do it. They're a little clueless. Those shoes were so horrid. I oh my gosh, they were so awful. I felt terrible. That was just terrible, terrible.
Speaker 3: I love you see things and it's like I'll never ever see anybody's shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would die if I had it. Makes it when I watched these movies because it's like, really, when I was doing so much acting, was at this age is thinking like, oh, if I had to do that, if they told me I had to paint and touch someone else's toes, I don't know how I would have gotten through the scene.
Speaker 3: Why are you Are you that creeped out by feet?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like if it was, I mean imagine like it's not even like somebody who's like you're like really your friend, Like.
Speaker 3: Girls don't paint each other's toenails when they're like thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, But I don't think. I don't remember doing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't My weirdness of feet came like later on in life and especially now, like I could chomp on my kid's feet. I love my kid's feet. I'm good with Jordan's feet. If anyone else touched me with their foot like that, let alone asked me to paint their nails, I would I would probab just throw up all over them.
Speaker 3: I know I'm going to ask you for my fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. One of the things that I just had to write it down. The mom with her helmet before, like, when was.
Speaker 3: She an anxiety helmet? I want one? Wait?
Speaker 2: Was that an anxiety helmet?
Speaker 3: Is? She says she's playing that. Yes, they do. They explain she's got she's wearing her her stress helmet, her anxiety helmet. I was like, oh my god, I want one of those.
Speaker 2: I was dying at it. I didn't realize that that's what it was. I thought that was the helmet she was gonna be wearing too. Why And I'm like, that is the most rid It is funny. It was a funny little like fun prop for a Disney movie. I loved it. This was when I like almost started getting a little choked up. Is I'm like, I put oh Stu and his wisdom, and we're going back to what I was talking before. It says one of it was, obviously, you know, the the idea of the mom really like we already talked about. But the second part of it was their chat that they have together as a mom and a daughter. And she talks about you had a kid and kids make the stakes change. When she's talking about her anxiety, She's.
Speaker 3: Like, what's wrong with me?
Speaker 2: And it's so true? And I was like, oh, is it's so so true. And then it goes through her second one where she says, you never realize how like you're You never realize how much your kids are gonna teach you, and I just I'm like, I weld up twice because of Stu and I feel like you've done that to me before.
Speaker 3: He's he's great with the messages, so good. Yes.
Speaker 2: And then my last and final thing, and it's a little bit more of a discussion because we both knew this was from from Stu. I think is who told us that, uh, or we just had it from our producers that this shot in New Zealand. Did you feel I felt like there were several times that we were on the set of Zombies, specifically when she's overlooking and and then on the beach, the beach area, I swear there was a shot and I'm like, there saw the night Walkers and the day walk Yeah, there dance. There was a section on the beach where I'm like, I swear Paul took them there, and that's where they did it was just so exactly like it, I'm sure. And there was a lot of different areas in the movie when they're outside, mainly by Protozoa's house, where when they're actually outside in New Zealand that I'm going this is there. They've got to be shooting somewhere where they're like around the area that they shot zombies.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. Yeah, I think it's kind of a pretty famous place for a ton of movies, is right here.
Speaker 2: Yes, So that was something that I really loved because we're here twenty years later seeing some of the watching the kind things, and it was pretty cool. I thought that was awesome. I felt like that. I felt like it was like kind of like an Easter egg. It is sense.
Speaker 3: All, Well, now I have to watch the movie again and try to find those z's because now it's going to go.
Speaker 2: I know. I think I'm gonna have to. Because Monroe came in at the end and she's like, wait, they live in space. Oh yeah, that's cool, and so she watched the of it while they were, you know, on the space thing, and so she I think, I'm going to have her watch the full thing, and oh yeah, I'm looking for it.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thank you so much, And I think it's time for us to rate our film our options this week. I thought as I was watching this, I was like, okay, we're going to switch it up this week. We're going to do one out of ten, okay, and we're going to make ten the best one okay.
Speaker 1: So here are options. One out of ten, sag insurance.
Speaker 3: Cards, cut pieces of meat, one out of ten, glued socks one out of ten, zums, one atten, Spanish words for beautiful green screen waterfalls, horribly yapping aunt Judy's one out of ten, beautiful laser birds, or one out of ten Protozoa's horrible songs. What would you like?
Speaker 2: Oh? I like Spanish words.
Speaker 3: I do too. I think it's great. So I think I went first last time. So I think it's your two two? Did I show?
Speaker 2: What was it you?
Speaker 3: Our last movie? Was?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: Underwround?
Speaker 1: They?
Speaker 3: Did? I go on? Did you go first?
Speaker 2: I went first?
Speaker 3: All right, I'll go first. I'll throw it out there. So I really liked it. I did. I really liked this movie. I it went by quickly. It was engaging, there was a good message, the acting was good. It really kind of hit all the boxes that you're supposed to hit for a d com. I'm giving this a solid eight point five space and it could be a nine. It really could be a nine. But I'm going to give it eight point five Spanish words for beautiful, because I really did.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of fun and enjoyed this movie quite a bit.
Speaker 2: I am right there. I loved watching this movie, I thought, I again. I loved the micro world. I loved how much we were in space. I loved that we got to go on like, I think, like a better spaceship, like the traveling the one that the mom drives. Yeah, but it's cooler than the what we went on the last one. The last one looked kind of just like an airplane. This one was like a cool looking spaceship. I love even building off of that. All of the special effects were so surprisingly amazing. I agree, yes, and you know, obviously these kids, actually the kids are great. I love seeing Protozoa's his character being like built so much. I felt like we got so much more from this first the second movie, and I loved the first movie, so this is just it was awesome. It was a great sequel to an already awesome movie. And I'm giving this nine Spanish words for beautiful. I'm pushing it. I love it and I would again. I think I'm gonna watch it soon.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't disagree. This was this was good. This was very very good. Okay, so well, thank you everybody so much for joining us in space, because that's where we were. Our next movie. This is a really big one, everybody, and we're we're switching it up a little. We still have plenty of dcoms to go, and plenty of wonderful World of Disneys to go. But we've now talked about this movie so many times and I haven't seen it yet. And I think Sabrina, if she could reach through the zoom and smack me, she would. So it's a theatrical release from Disney, and one that has withstood the test of time. For my first time ever, we are watching the nineteen ninety three classic. I think I'm pronouncing this right, hocus Pocus. I'm saying that right, hocus Pocus. Yes, I mean, it's available basically everywhere, but most notably on Disney Plus. So check it out and get ready for a monumental magical rewind and yet before we dig into that. This week on our dedicated magical rewind Feed, we talked about this. We've got a Park Copper episode for the Ages. Oh, we're gonna zoom zoom zoom over there because we talked to Protozoa himself, the incredible Philip Reese. That's right. We somehow convinced him to come on here and talk about Xenon despite his dozens of other accomplishments in the field, and we love him for that.
Speaker 1: Check out a little snippet of what you'll hear.
Speaker 3: So that was you. That was your idea? Then to do the hair? Yeah, actually tell the truth.
Speaker 4: It was from a previous role I did maybe a month prior with with Luke Wilson. I did a comedy with Luke Wilson, and I had the peroxide blonde hair bit like Johnny Boy in Train Spotting if you're Bill Miller. So I did that peroxide and then that audition came so I went in with kind of blondie hair. They like that, and then they came up with the let's make it all spiky.
Speaker 3: We love it.
Speaker 1: It was so much fun, a dream come true to have Philip on the show.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to subscribe to our dedicated Magical Rewind feed and catch up with all the popular decomcast and crew members we've interviewed so far. You can also follow us at Magical rewind Pod on the Instagram machine. Now, thanks everybody, Bye bye,