Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo Charlamagne God HEAs to the planet is Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's Thursday. We got our special guest co host Roxy Man.
Speaker 4: Oh no got my name right, Envy Romeo?
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I wanted to say, rom meyro crazy. I don't know where I wanted to say. I wanted to roll my artist morning, Roxy Romeo.
Speaker 4: Thank you, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, candles lit everything what.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, got Maro on the list.
Speaker 2: So Roxy ben Ihar Mafia all these years and they still getting your last name?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Roxy, Roxy, I don't know, Romeo said, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know Roxy.
Speaker 2: Roxy have been doing mornings in Philadelphia for how long now?
Speaker 6: Five years? Yes, that's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Are you feeling Rocks?
Speaker 6: I'm good, are right?
Speaker 4: Blessed to be a live, blessed to be here.
Speaker 5: Roxy was like, wait a minute, I don't need my laptop or comebook like people bring their stories to me.
Speaker 6: That just started that. That wasn't like that all the time. It just started.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I've always still used just my laptop, but we still.
Speaker 7: Do feel very naked right now, not having like my laptop or my chromebook.
Speaker 5: You need to because they'll set you up there, say there's an audio, there's no audio. You know, they'll tell you that somebody's name is not their name.
Speaker 2: But you know, and you might have your own notes throughout the show that that's what I want to type out, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Things like that.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Well, today's gonna be an action pack show. The chair the Charlamagne went against. Terrence Crawford will be.
Speaker 6: Joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: Drop a bomb for Terrence. Want to close bonds to Terrence Crawford. Here's the thing about Terrence Crawford.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows Terrence Crawford is great, But what y'all don't realize is Earl Spence is great too. Okay, so that was a pick me fight. I've been picking Earl Spence for several years, way before. You know, everybody jumped on the bandwagon the last few weeks before the fight.
Speaker 6: You told that man he wasn't big enough.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: You told that man he wasn't strong enough.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: You told that man what you gonna do? Whatever Spence put on.
Speaker 3: I didn't say all that, but yes I did. I want you. I was, and I was proven wrong.
Speaker 6: I want you at that same energy when he walks in, Why would.
Speaker 3: I have the same energy.
Speaker 2: The fight's over, get fixed loss, Okay, we saw what happened, right, That makes no sense whatsoever.
Speaker 6: I don't think he's coming up with the promote to promote another fight.
Speaker 3: He's on his victory. He's on his victory last right, he's on his revenge toy. He wants to look everybody in the eyes. You said he was gonna lose and make him apologize.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 2: I know, I know how this is gonna go. You can apologize. I gotta think about it, Okay, think about it. Gott to see if he's still in shape from the fight.
Speaker 5: Also, jeez, he will be joining us taking it with. Jeezi has a book that drops.
Speaker 2: It's out now, it's all right now, Adversity for Sale. I was with Jez last night too. We was at the Schanberg Center in Harlem. We had a conversation about his book, Adversity for Sale. I want to have another conversation about the book this morning on.
Speaker 3: The breakfast club.
Speaker 5: All right now, rocks. You just jumped right in. You ain't got a way. You ain't you feel something? You just don't. Don't just see know you see the gusbands up here.
Speaker 7: You want to jump joking for the boxers.
Speaker 4: I don't have anything for Jez at the moment. I didn't read the book.
Speaker 5: Soon soon come, okay, let's get the show crack in front page news. Next, Testling Figure will be joining us your break us down. What's happening out there, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club the morning only everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club. We got our guest co host, Roxy Romeo.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It's Romeo, Romeo, Romeo? What he said? What's going on here? You're poking me this morning?
Speaker 4: So Romeo is like like Hispanic?
Speaker 9: I am not Hispanic? So it is not Romeo.
Speaker 4: It is Romeo.
Speaker 3: You all alone and heavy, you know, only Hispanic, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Not Hispanic, Red red Partero, redess quarto Rica, I'm fully black.
Speaker 6: You ass all right? Well, let's get right in the front page news.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Tesli figure.
Speaker 4: You really want to roll your arms today?
Speaker 9: He really wants to roll.
Speaker 3: What's up nothing.
Speaker 10: Good morning, d Good morning, Roxy beautiful.
Speaker 5: He says, all right, well, let's jump right into the Santus. What's happening with DeSantis.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you'll see this this morning on a lot of the national shows. Yesterday, Florida governor around the Santas suspended State Attorney Monique Morell of Central Florida, effective immediately now. She was a state attorney for the Night Judicial Circuit. She appeared in a news conference yesterday to speak out on the governor's decision to suspend her. Let's take a listen, we'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 11: If we're morning anything this morning. It is the loss of democracy. Under this tyranny, elected officials can be removed simply for political purposes and by a whim of the governor. And no matter how you feel about me, you should not be okay with that.
Speaker 3: And that's not the first time, right, it's like the second.
Speaker 10: You're absolutely right, it is the second time. Actually, he removed a prosecutor, Andrew Warren, about a year ago because he did not agree with him signing a pledge to not ban abortions after fifteen weeks. And so glad youas said you because I was just looking that up and he's tried to challenge that and hasn't gotten anywhere with that challenge as well. So she mentioned Miss Morel said that she's been duly elected, you know, and you can't just come in and be a dictator and say, hey, we just you know, we want to do We don't like the way you move. The whole point of having an elected officials that you beat him at the polls, And just as a point of clarity, she says that she disagrees with his decision. Crime has been down since she's taken her position, and she's promised everything she said she would do.
Speaker 3: Did he say why you wanted to remove.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he did.
Speaker 10: He said that he wanted to remove her because she avoided issuing mandatory minimum sentences for gun crimes and drug trafficking offenses, that she did not follow patterns and practices allowing juvenile defenders.
Speaker 9: To avoid incarceration.
Speaker 10: She issued a lot of those diversion programs, the one that Hunter Biden is under, by the way, So she issued a lot of those, you know, so that people don't go to jail and they can actually have a chance to correct themselves. But that you know, as we know that's the conservative pot liberal policy that a lot of conservatives don't agree with, but again she disagrees with that. And I just want to put out a side note. The Orange County that's kind of like my political stomping ground, and the previous state attorney that was there, mares Ayala Rick Scott, always tried to get her out of office as well.
Speaker 9: She had a really tough time.
Speaker 10: I don't know if you remember that, but he gave a really tough time because she didn't agree with the death penalty, and so she didn't run for election this last time. And this is how Monique got the position, who won, by the way, by sixty six percent overwhelmingly.
Speaker 9: So this particular state.
Speaker 10: Attorney position has always been something that conservatives have went after to remove. And these these two women just happened to be African American women.
Speaker 2: Even though you know the Ron Desantius moves like a dictator, we know that America is not a dictatorship, right, so Florida has to have a constitution right, right that protects her from suff like this right assume.
Speaker 10: Well, again, that's that's the whole point, you know, the executive order just being able to say, hey, I you know, I don't think you're following the law as you should. You're allowing criminals to go free. And that's the whole that's why this is such a big issue.
Speaker 9: You can't.
Speaker 10: It's usually a higher bar set to remove an elected official, like you know, maybe they got caught with a crime, maybe you know, they actually did something, and so there's nothing that literally says what you can't.
Speaker 9: That's the whole power of executive order. It allows you to kind of do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 10: But usually it's with somebody that has a little bit more I guess sense if you will.
Speaker 9: They said, just be honest.
Speaker 10: With you, Charlemagne, that this is all about him trying to get some pump, some more life into his campaign, because this campaign is doing terrible right now as we know. He did another staff shake up this week, and this is just a way to say, hey, Conservatives or Trumpers or whoever else, I'm willing to be the dictator that you know that I need to be, you know, if I were to be president.
Speaker 7: Yeah, which you know, Ronda Senti's is trying to change the law himself, Like I cannot stand him.
Speaker 2: I wish Monique when she did the press conference yesterday. She would have had at least three people just in there holding folding chess, just don't you know, just holding them, just holding them, and somebody sad, why are you're holding those?
Speaker 3: They're holding nothing. And then they just put them down and sit them, sitting them.
Speaker 12: That's what you know.
Speaker 5: They're making it with beams on them. Now they got beams on the on the fold and chest. Yea, so for accuracy.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 6: All right, Well that is front page news.
Speaker 5: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need the vent phone lines to wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one test, we'll see in a couple of minutes. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this? What's up? Trap beach trave what's up? My brother?
Speaker 13: On?
Speaker 3: My sister? Going on? Girl, I'm blessed Black and Holly favorite man. Lot of flirting this morning. It's not flirting. I'm talking to my sister.
Speaker 6: He said, how are you doing baby, and you said I'm good.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're telling us exactly. Come on, how are you from Philly and you don't know who our co holes? Is you being disrespectful?
Speaker 13: Oh? I never see that on I know I saw that on the brothers page.
Speaker 4: What I am wonderful? How are you let me?
Speaker 13: Let me not tell you baby?
Speaker 6: Because might be telling every might get tellus At this.
Speaker 2: Point, I don't get jaloushen you call women baby? You called another man baby story.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 14: I'm going to say one thing.
Speaker 13: That man that was out there lacking white woman around with this year. But if you listening, do not turn yourself there. They trying to set you up.
Speaker 3: They already know his name. Yeah, they can go get him if they want to.
Speaker 13: Now come to Shilly, he can come stay with me.
Speaker 2: From what that man told you.
Speaker 14: Here, y'all, we start wearing your fly mine.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 12: Good morning?
Speaker 14: You man?
Speaker 3: Sewn Stone? What's up? Brother? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 2: And you're definitely the bottom the travels the top. Just now he called first.
Speaker 13: I'm not going to engage with you, Arla.
Speaker 3: Man today okay today.
Speaker 13: Buddy, Hey, shout out to Rocky.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you for getting it right.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 13: You know, I got you beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 13: It's crazy, y'all at four thirty in the morning, everybody, you know, I drive a sanitation truck. I saw a crime out here. Somebody break into a truck into somebody truck.
Speaker 2: Why he ain't blow the horn or something called upon the police did get caught.
Speaker 13: I wish I had a full Scholder.
Speaker 3: Man, you wish you had Nathaniel Alexander's invention.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, the only the only reason why I did, like go off the door.
Speaker 13: I didn't know if he was strapped or not, but it was it was a white mail yeah, like a like a handkerchief around his face.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm glad you said that, Sean. I don't want us to get two gassed up over the folding chests. There's still people out here with guns.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, that's.
Speaker 13: Why I just called them authority on that perpetrator. Does that make me a sense?
Speaker 3: No, it makes you a civilian. Yeah, yeah, you're not. Yeah, you're not in crime.
Speaker 13: You want tom for me?
Speaker 15: That's right.
Speaker 2: Concerned civilian and you're a sanitation worker. That's what are doing your public duties this morning?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, Sean I didn't hear the cool bomb.
Speaker 3: They went off. You got to listen closely. It'll play this is it'll play. You'll hear hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 12: Rot?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 13: You boys got me turned on?
Speaker 11: Girl.
Speaker 2: I can't even eat my breakfast.
Speaker 16: It's pick chocolate.
Speaker 5: The toes, sucker.
Speaker 14: How your toes looking good? Prusty?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's a that's agreed.
Speaker 6: Ain't good morning, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: Yes, my mind in town from Philly?
Speaker 8: How you how?
Speaker 13: I am totally brooking?
Speaker 4: My toes are very very key.
Speaker 5: Put him up to the camera.
Speaker 14: I'm wiggling for us.
Speaker 4: Pay for it.
Speaker 2: He's a well, he don't even say good morning. He gets a motive harassed. You don't even he don't even gets said good morning. This is get right to the sexual erascent us, Jesus correct.
Speaker 5: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's a new day.
Speaker 15: Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 14: Wait?
Speaker 15: Wait, whether you're mad or blass.
Speaker 3: Time to get up and get something Call up now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one we want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 14: And regards to Leonard mclby, has that now the Black Delegation, we find that you have violated the name, image, and likeness of the great brother Morris Chestnow you have been stripped of your Morris test not looking like cart You have officially been demoted to Samuel Jackson, Wayne Ray White.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I mean he's he's talking truth like you've been talking about.
Speaker 5: You look like Morris chessning for the while, for the longest, and I think that's disrespectful of Morris Chesting.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know that.
Speaker 2: Y'all eat breakfast first, you know what I'm saying, or y'all just calling wild. You'll stretched before y'all wake up in the morning with what he said, any prayers, any daily affirmations, just like, let's get right to it at six in the morning.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with what he said. God's crazy, Well.
Speaker 6: There's nothing wrong.
Speaker 4: Hi, this is Lauren.
Speaker 6: Hey, Lauren, good morning. Get it off your chest, mama.
Speaker 14: So I'm actually right now because I'm talking about a few hours.
Speaker 9: Celebrate tomorrow or your birthdays tomorrow.
Speaker 14: Yeah, with the same day as fifty.
Speaker 3: Where is your phone? Sounds so crazy?
Speaker 5: All I heard was, is your birthday tomorrow is the same day as the fiftieth anniversary?
Speaker 2: She said her phone is the oldest hip hop that oldest dos her phone. It's fifty years old. They didn't sound like it.
Speaker 3: No, Yes, it's way better a.
Speaker 14: Perfect I was worth to go to celebrate when I arrived today.
Speaker 15: And.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got a big show.
Speaker 5: It's the show oh Yankee State Stadium. Yeah, yeah, they got a big show Yankee statey in and fifties performing tonight at the ball Clays. If you want to do that. A great restaurant to go to in Manhattan is Brooklyn Chop House. You can go it's black owned. Well yeah, well some black old. It's a percentage of yeah old.
Speaker 2: This Friday is the Hip Hop fifty Live at Yankee Stadium run DMC is. The headline is Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Ice Cube, Nas, Cameron whiz K. Leave for a bunch of people on that show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you can check that out Brooklyn Chop House.
Speaker 5: So you can go anywhere in Brooklyn to get some great Caribbean food too if you love that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, because I made a reservation for Lamo k for tomorrow night.
Speaker 10: I think that's like a bean as well.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, well enjoy and you have a great birthday, Mama.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 2: They got queens and hip hop said, they got Eve and Little Kim Remy mad Trina. They got a pillars of hip hop st her show. Yeah, Curtis blows. It's a big show to mark.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be dope. All right, get it off your chest.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need the vent, you can hit us up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: We have a Roxy Romeo here. She's doing the roomors this warning. Give us a little tease what we're talking about coming up. We are talking Billy Porter. Unfortunately this strike has hit him and he has to sell his house.
Speaker 12: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, The Breakfast Club needs some breakfast. My equilivery, I'm off, I'm bumping in the wall, stumbling. I feel like Dianne Feinstein around his mother.
Speaker 3: Morning. Everybody, breakfast. What's going on?
Speaker 5: We got our special guest co hosts. We have Roxy Romeo with us, and let's get to the release.
Speaker 2: Is the rumor report mafia.
Speaker 18: If you want to know if something is like cool or if it's hip, the only way that you're gonna know is if somebody from the culture.
Speaker 15: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: I literally cannot with that intro Taylor game.
Speaker 4: Like that was put together so quickly. How you don't even got that clip of me.
Speaker 6: We work, We work.
Speaker 3: Ain't no week that's Tailor can take you to Philly shout out to Taylor.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometimes I want somebody to take it, but no, every once in a while, every.
Speaker 12: Once in a while.
Speaker 7: All right, So, Billy Porter, you know that this sag after strike has been going on for I don't need weeks at this point, and unfortunately it has hit Billy Porter in a hard way. He announced he has to sell his home because he is not working. He said that he had been in the process of filming a show, a movie, and all of that has stopped him because he's not making quote unquote I f you money. Uh, He's been living paycheck to paycheck and now he cannot afford his mortgage.
Speaker 2: God bless Billy Porter. Hate to see him or anybody in that situation. But the actor strike hasn't been going on that long. So if you already at this.
Speaker 7: Point, that's why he said he's he was living paycheck to paychecks and support his lavish lifestyle.
Speaker 2: If you already at the point where you have to sell your house and you aren't managing your money correctly before, like, yeah, he was living check to check. That's not Hollywood's fault.
Speaker 15: Is it?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 6: That that is not Hollywood fault.
Speaker 5: But a lot of times we uh we uh cash checks before they actually get to us, you know, And it could have been one of those things.
Speaker 6: Maybe he purchased the house because he knew he was doing this movie.
Speaker 5: He knew he was going to get a big check, and this was the house that he caught at the right time, and he purchased it and he's waiting for that check to come and then it just doesn't come.
Speaker 2: But he got money from Broadway, you know, he did, got money from TV shows, correct movies.
Speaker 3: You're in that situation after only a couple of months.
Speaker 5: Money correctly, or we'd also don't know what he's spending his money on. We don't know if he's holding down family members, if he's helping other people, if he's like it's a bit when you're expecting something to come in and then it doesn't, you know, because he had a couple of movies on I'm playing. We don't know if those movies wereorth a couple of million dollars, but yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 7: I mean he literally said, I live paycheck to paycheck because I want to live this lavish lifestyle.
Speaker 4: Like you literally said that.
Speaker 3: It should be be more frugal.
Speaker 9: Agreed.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You can't go chasing waterfall. Sometimes you got to stick to the Nissans and the ultimate need. Like, what's wrong?
Speaker 3: I get you something I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you're talking to frugal Vandross over here, because I've been I've been unemployed four times. I've been in that unemployment line. You know, I know what that feels like. So all you don't want to go back. All you got to make great investments.
Speaker 5: Remember I've been in this industry since seventeen, and you know, some investments pay off, some investments don't. But you know, you just want to put yourself in a position where you do get monthly income from other things, just in case something that's not I agree.
Speaker 3: I'll just save your money. Yeah, but I hear people say they live a lavish lifestyle. Do you have to Nope? You know what I'm saying, like, do you have to no?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, So moving on.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, fifty had his final lap tour at the Barclays and apparently he brought out a slow up celebrities.
Speaker 4: Who did you say he brought up NB?
Speaker 5: I said he brought out a boogie, I say out the baby and he brought out J Cole, which was pretty dope.
Speaker 7: And so J Cole made a pretty big statement about Fifty's album.
Speaker 4: I think we have audio.
Speaker 16: If y'all don't make SNOI is one of the greatest ever do this fifty Curtis Jesson get Riching Dot Sign the best album of all time.
Speaker 3: I don't do him what you tell her about.
Speaker 5: It's get Rich and Dot Signed and number one and it's thrilling a number two.
Speaker 3: And I love my contestant, but I saw that.
Speaker 16: Cut a Chesson fifty cent We love you for real, New York City couldn't die.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear, that's just an opinion. That's ja, that's J Cole's opinion. Okay, I love get Rich of Die trying to but Thriller is Thriller. Bro all right, Thriller sold over one hundred million albums. There's nothing that's Thriller.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's that's his opinion.
Speaker 5: But fifties albums, and when it comes to hip hop, is definitely a top five hip hop album. Great hip hop, yes, hip absolutely, but when you go outside of hip hop, Thriller is definitely in there.
Speaker 3: Outside of that, who else is in there? Thriller is the bar, you know.
Speaker 12: What I mean.
Speaker 2: By the way, that's one thing that's j Cole's opinion. Absolutely if he thinks of Get RICHID Do Trying is better than Thriller, I'm not gonna tell him no different, But that's his opinion.
Speaker 3: But definitely top five.
Speaker 5: That that album changed a lot in this hip hop's a great hip hop album in this hip hop world. So that's definitely top five, one of my top five.
Speaker 2: Not like when people try to revise history. Man, that's a lot of kids listening. Well, well, first of all, you shouldn't even comparing fifty cent in Michael.
Speaker 3: That's a little weird. That silly is what is pop R and B T. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's about billy like silly, the albums to him though, But then kids will repeat that because they heard Jay Cole say, you know, get Richie trying, it's better than Thriller. No, then when I tell you to shut your little stupid ass up, you call me old.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, And they've never heard thriller before.
Speaker 3: Sold one hundred million plus copies.
Speaker 2: Okay, when people had to get up and walk to the record stores and drive to the record.
Speaker 3: Stores, that's different.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, what was that during that how when people had to go there was no.
Speaker 2: Hundred million listen to what I'm saying you, Oh no, no millions hundred.
Speaker 4: And that was like the hard way, not the easy way, man, not that way.
Speaker 2: And we love Get Richard I trying classic, But that was just a silly comparative.
Speaker 3: Jacole.
Speaker 4: All right, So do we have time for Lizzo?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, So you.
Speaker 7: Know that Lizzo is facing a lawsuit. Initially it was from three of her former dancers, uh you know, sexual harassment, racial discrimination, religious discrimination, all kinds of discrimination.
Speaker 4: But apparently the lawyer has now been talking.
Speaker 7: To more of her former dancer, so at least six more have now come forward claiming the same exact things, So it's getting worse for Lizzo by the minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the sad thing about this is we don't know if she's guilty or not. People a lot of people are already basically saying she's guilty, which is not right.
Speaker 6: And lawsuits like this.
Speaker 5: Once one person puts out a lawsuit and people find a way to get us some quick cash, people are copy and paste that same lawsuit over and over and.
Speaker 3: Over and over.
Speaker 5: Think checks about to because exactly and if it's the same attorney, the same attorney's going to try to get everybody in the same thing to make his case look stronger.
Speaker 7: We've seen it before, so you don't think that if somebody ends up having multiple people come forward there can't be some truth to.
Speaker 5: It that that could be in It could be, but it also could be capped it Also, it could be a money grab, people chasing money, like I've seen it happen a zillion in one games, Like like I.
Speaker 2: Used to believe it when it was multiples, but now it's like not in this day and age. I see the player I've seen I've seen them play too much.
Speaker 7: Not not that I'm trying to, you know, go off topic. But like a Bill Cosby, how many women came forward.
Speaker 2: That's different though. That's that's when, that's when I that's when I believed it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's different.
Speaker 2: But nowadays when you see things like this with the Little situation, we've seen.
Speaker 3: These lawyers do this all the time.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they put the story out that is multiples and nobody else comes.
Speaker 5: Forward, and then you see another email that says it. Then you see email if you've been affected, please contact us. I've seen seen it in a mill I've seen it too many times. Man, I've seen it too many times. And they do the same thing with people all the time, absently just with Little. There's a couple other people I've seen it happen to recently in the last couple of months. Multiple accusers have come forward and you never even see the other accusers.
Speaker 2: They just put that out in the press because they try to make Little's team fold. They want Little teams to.
Speaker 6: Cut a check, cut the check right, almost like a smear campaign.
Speaker 7: It's workings is it's working because Made in America got canceled, and I am almost ninety nine percent sure that part of that was because she was a headliner.
Speaker 12: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I think that was low ticket sales. I think that had to do with it too.
Speaker 2: I think it was low ticket, low ticket sells because they could have found somebody bigger than little I think.
Speaker 15: I think.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 5: Who's bigger than Lizzle at this point A lot of people artist wise?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but at this point, like a month away.
Speaker 2: That's wrong with y'all, man, y'all gotta cut this out. Okay, what s That's why people That's why people won't be liking us. There was no need for that. There was no need for that.
Speaker 6: All right, Well that was your rumor report.
Speaker 5: Now when we come back, we got front page news the figure will be joining us. And then gee Z said old movies The Breakfast Club on DT The Breakfast Club, your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: With audio titles on business, fitness, motivation, and more, Audible keeps your imagination pumped and ready to hit new goals. Check out all the audiobooks, podcasts and originals you could want, and sign up for thirty days free at audible dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash Breakfast Owning Everybody.
Speaker 5: It's j NV Charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our special guest host a Roxy Romeo with us of course, with Phillis Power ninety nine.
Speaker 6: And let's get back into some front page news.
Speaker 5: Now we got to discuss the senators that fell out her home, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, once again yesterday you as Senator Dianne Feinstein, the oldest member of Congress, fell on her home and went to the hospital. Now, the ninety year old California Democrat has faced mounting concerns about her health and her ability to perform her duties as a senator. As you guys know, we've covered this story a couple of times on Front Page News.
Speaker 9: Earlier this year, she.
Speaker 10: Missed several months of work because she was hospitalized for the shingles virus and its side effects. Now, since she has returned to work in May, she has been traveling the Capitol literally in a wheelchair, believing in the I'm gonna roll until the wheels.
Speaker 9: Fall off, literally and figuratively.
Speaker 10: And so that has bothered people as well, and she appeared confused and disoriented. Remember you guys when we covered that story, how they had to literally come whisper in her ear to tell to say yes to a vote on the defense budget. Now, since then her daughter has become her power of attorney, and so folks are saying again, you know, should she resign now or wait until next year when she leaves office. She has said she won't be running again for re election.
Speaker 9: But what do you guys think.
Speaker 3: They shouldn't She shouldn't resign, they should retire her.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, it's over. How much more do we need to see save from herself?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: Democrats have to cut it out. Like you're rolling her around in a wheelchair. She's falling into the house. It's over, guys, It's over, guys, Like, come on, let's stop being stupid here.
Speaker 3: Not trying to be funny.
Speaker 5: Do they still have those braces that you pushing the police come because don't see commercial?
Speaker 3: Do they still have that?
Speaker 9: I'm sure life alert?
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't say that anymore on TV because usually you see it all the time. I fall in and I can't get up. But I'm just wondering because I don't see that anymore.
Speaker 2: All you liberals, I said, I don't want to hear y'all talk about this is ageus noticed that hahing to do with. She clearly is not capable of doing her job anymore. Physically, I don't I don't know about mentally, but definitely not physically. Let the woman ride office to the sunset.
Speaker 4: There needs to be an age limit. There's god, I don't know what the age limit should be, but there has got to be an age.
Speaker 7: Limit where they Once you hit this point, you need to just retire.
Speaker 9: Yes, man, I guess another way to get around that.
Speaker 10: It's having term limits, which I support, you know, term limits for everybody, you know, which we need for many reasons. But you're absolutely right. This is ridiculous. I mean, I don't know any other way to say it. Like you mentioned last time, Charlemadne, you said that the vote should have been stricken from the record, and I agree.
Speaker 9: You know, this is just ridiculous.
Speaker 10: Somebody has to whisper in your ear to tell you how to vote because you're confused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you got to treat yourself like an athlete, right. Athletes know when to walk away. Imagine if they didn't. Imagine if people was in the NBA rolling running wheelchairs on the court, you know what I mean, or are coming out old falling falling out on the court.
Speaker 6: Athletes don't know, but they have to get cut like you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: The team owners cut them, managers, the coaches have to cut them because it's they just can't play, and then they have to go to other leagues.
Speaker 3: She needs to be cut.
Speaker 2: She should not be allowed to resign next year, right like they need to make an executive decision and say.
Speaker 3: We love you, but it's time.
Speaker 6: Now let's talk about while people are waking up tired.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I love I hope you guys love it too.
Speaker 10: I love covering stuff in health News and I just saw this report and I thought about you Envy.
Speaker 9: This week we were.
Speaker 10: Talking about, you know, the kids and how you know we got to keep them on the schedule. And so just want to throw out a couple of tips that if you are sleeping seven to eight hours a day and you're still tired, these may be some of the reasons. Fatigue, a sedentary lifestyle, anxiety or depression, inconsistent sleep, dehydration.
Speaker 9: That's my problem.
Speaker 10: I don't drinking up water for sleep, environment or routine. And what that means is making sure your bedroom is dark and cold at night. It says that the bedroom should only be for sleeping sex, so that means, you know, no working in the bedroom. Avoiding caffeinated drinks and alcohol. This is one that I found because I like to drink, you know, maybe a glass of wine a couple of times a week. They said, don't do that as well because that can interfere.
Speaker 9: With your sleep.
Speaker 10: Sleep partner problems if your partner snores or has a different schedule than you. I know you guys have mentioned that as well, and then sleep disorders.
Speaker 6: Now, my my main is my kids.
Speaker 5: Like us, the kids get in the bed, they sleep all different kind of ways.
Speaker 3: My foot and the foot of my neck.
Speaker 6: They're hanging it like it's sleep in your body.
Speaker 5: If we don't plant it like that, it doesn't it doesn't start off like that. They usually in their bed, like last night my daughter when I was at the edge of the bed, damn thear one leg sleeping over.
Speaker 6: My daughter was in my spot.
Speaker 5: It's just you know, they might hear a noise, they something might have spoop them, or the baby might.
Speaker 3: Just be like, nah, I'm not having it. And we have not had any problems as much. Our kids are on a really great sleep schedule right now.
Speaker 2: My one year old is about to be two and she has not woken up in the middle of the night in a long, long, long.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I cannot it to that point, my seven year old whorated there because I had my four year old and the one year old in the same room.
Speaker 2: Now I got my four year old and my seven year old in the same room in the bunk bed, and the one year old have a room in ourselves, and it's been great.
Speaker 7: My eight month old two times a night, three times a night.
Speaker 3: You gotta waves to go before you get on it.
Speaker 4: But you said she's one, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, about to be two?
Speaker 10: Oh okay, yeah, and my six year old is on a great sleep schedule.
Speaker 6: So all right, Well that is front page news.
Speaker 3: Thank you Tesling absolutely, and.
Speaker 2: Make sure you subscribe to the straight Shot No Chase of podcasts on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network hosted by Tessling figure Out and follow Tesling figure Out on all social media platforms.
Speaker 5: All right, when we come back, Jeezy will be joining us. He has a new book out right now.
Speaker 3: What's name of the book, Adversity for sale? All right, and we'll talk to him next. It don't move.
Speaker 6: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, and.
Speaker 19: My team would murder and it's just like I ain't doing nothing wrong. So for me, that was one of the moments like no matter how successful you are, you know what I'm saying, they really still you know, and I just was like, man, I had to just switch it all up. And then a lot of things happened in the time that I was in jail that I thought some people was gonna look out for me, but they didn't, and that really crushed me because it was just like I always look out for everybody, bro, I'm always taking care of people. And I just kind of felt like, you just do it, you know, because you're a real one. And then when you started to figuring out, like now you might be the only real person in this situation. Now you're like, damn, I'm by myself, and I just had to, you know, make a change.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 19: I remember just calling home and talking to my daughter, my first daughter had just been born in and they were just embarrassing.
Speaker 12: Man, the call.
Speaker 19: You know, You're supposed to be this big man, a superstar, and you calling home collect well, you know, from jail, and your babies on the other line that could barely even talk, and she's where you at and you like, Daddy's gonna.
Speaker 12: Be home in a minute. It's like, you know what I mean. It was like damn, like, bro, you better you know, And so that was like the real time.
Speaker 19: But every time before that, you know, it was just always instances why I just knew that this wasn't gonna work out for me, right, So I had to figure out how to change without losing everything, you know what I'm saying. Because it got a little point even with the music, you know, and people say it all the time, I went to old music. But it's just like that was my whole life. Like I can't continue to give you something that I'm not doing. It's like me trying to give you some food in my house. I don't even eat, you know what I'm saying. And it's just like you get caught up in that, and then if you're not careful, you'll get stuck in that mindset, right, and you will continue to do the same things. And that's why a lot of people didn't understand the verses. It's like, na, bro, I gotta I started this in my mind. I got to put it into this, like I went to Nipsey Hustle's funeral.
Speaker 12: You feel what I'm saying, like I was there.
Speaker 19: I felt that pain, I felt that energy, and I'm like, I don't understand why Nip is not here no more, you know what I'm saying. I don't know why it hit me so serious when Pop Smoked died. You know, maybe because he was in my studio. When I threw puff super Bowl party, I didn't even know who Pop was. He was with Meek and fab and all these guys. He was in my studio house. We all parted and I was like, who's that like?
Speaker 12: Pop?
Speaker 19: I was like, okay, cool, the next thing you hear about me dead. But it's like why he did all this work, you know, to become a superstar and to get out of Brooklyn and then you go dine in the hills, you know. So I'm just looking at this and I'm like, how can I be effective because I'm not trying.
Speaker 12: To preach and tease to nobody.
Speaker 19: But it's just like bro on the other side of the bulls, it's a whole nother life, man.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 19: It's like it's just like peace and happiness and family and real friends.
Speaker 12: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: People you can call and say hey, you know, and Jan's my heart by the way, man, shoot the jam Like she's my heart, bro, Like we're really friends, absolutely right, and she goes hard for me.
Speaker 12: She don't even she don't know my walk of life.
Speaker 19: But just imagine, you know, you feel your spirit right and it's a relationship.
Speaker 12: And that's what real friends are.
Speaker 19: They turn you on the other other people and you know, people help each other out sod to try to bring you down.
Speaker 12: So that's that's what the book is really about to me.
Speaker 19: It's just it's about building and and being and understanding that like it ain't never too late to be better.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: One big transformation that's in the book of right around the recession time when you decided to lose weight and everything.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's when I got my sex.
Speaker 13: Some bomb.
Speaker 12: That was that was That was a good time. Which part are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You said you said you didn't like the way all of that, You didn't like the way you were living. You didn't weren't drinking the water, you weren't eating.
Speaker 12: Crystal and waffle House and.
Speaker 3: Pounds.
Speaker 12: Yeah I did.
Speaker 19: And and the crazy thing was, well, what I really realized, because that was around the recession, I wrote through recessing recession was the first time I like doubt everything back and was just really focused on the music. I wasn't doing no party and nothing. I was just working out, reading, learning, And it was like when I went out there to do that tour, that was the first time I felt like a star, you fee what I'm saying, because every time before that, up until that, I was going through you know, survivors remorse. I was depressed, I was going through all these things. But now I'm shaking this off and I lost sixty pounds instead of it being all these gangsters in the front row and I was ladies and They're throwing.
Speaker 12: Brawls, and I'm like, I ain't never going back, what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: So, and that was the first time I really embraced you know, who I was becoming. And also too, I started to notice like when I was healthier, I was just making better decisions in life, bro, because it's a thing like we all real, everybody come from where they come from, but you only get one shot, you know what I'm saying. Like they said, you're born, you look like your dad. When you die, you look like your decisions. So at the end of the day, bro, just like I could have took a lot of right and left turns and did a lot of crazy things. But I was brave enough to start making decisions that I can actually live a life, you know what I'm saying, rather than to look like I was living a life, because that's what goes on. Like coach, we all look like be living good, but all we really you know what I'm saying, Like all we happy?
Speaker 12: Are we at peace? You know what I mean?
Speaker 19: We got real people around us. All those things weren't happening. For me was basically like getting up every day playing this role, you know what I'm saying, and in it, but hoping I stay alive or free, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: So imagine that you know you have the world in your.
Speaker 19: Hands, and it's just like you know, it's not really in your hands, bro, Like you know you can wake up tomorrow.
Speaker 15: Be all gone.
Speaker 5: Now you talk about changing, but also part of that was forgiving and letting go.
Speaker 3: Right when did you get to that point?
Speaker 5: Because you know where you come from the streets is a lot of times we don't forgive, we don't forget, but you have recently with all this with people industry, I forgive, but I don't forget.
Speaker 19: I had to learn to forgive myself. You know what I'm saying. I had because you know a lot of things. You know, we all make decisions, bro, Like you're not gonna be right every time, right, and you're not going to be true to your purpose every time because you don't know your purpose as you're going. But you know, I had to just forgive myself first and then start to understand that if I have this hate and this malice in my heart towards somebody, it only hurts me me. You know what I'm saying. Only every day I get up and I'm upsetting. I'm man, I'm this is this is how I feel. The person that'll give a damn you know what I'm saying, They live in their life. They don't care how I feel. And once I started doing that, it just opened up a whole nother meat because now I can go into a situation and I'm not taking things personally. I used to take every thing person right, and now I'm not taking things personal. Its just like I get it, bro, that's how you feel. I respect that. That's not my reality. So I'm keep it moving.
Speaker 6: We got more with Jez when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 5: Sej Nv Charlamage, the God we are to Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Jez Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: Why adversity for sale?
Speaker 19: Because I feel like adversity was the biggest teacher for me, right, Adversity taught me so like losing taught me so much. Man, every time I lost, I just walked out of it in I'm just like, Okay, what did I learn? And I started to break down, you know how I was learning And it was basically through all my losses, Like I learned every time I've wasted money, I learned every time I wasted a relationship. I will learn every time you know, I wasted my time and my energy on something. And I'm sitting here and I'm going like, when you look at the world, everybody shows you how they win it, how they succeed.
Speaker 12: The ride, and how I'm living.
Speaker 19: You don't never talk about what they lost, right, so you see the finished product. And that's why the instant gratification comes. Because everybody feel like they can walk outside and be you tomorrow. That's where the hate come from, really, because you feel like I can stand beside you and be you tomorrow.
Speaker 12: But you ain't went through what I went through.
Speaker 19: So adversity to me is just like I would rather focus on that and saying I want right. I'd rather sell you all the times I lost, because that's what the value was for me. So I rather sell you that you know what I'm saying, than anything. But you gotta believe you know what I'm saying. I can give you the adversity, but you have to believe. I mean it ain't that part ain't so separately you know what I'm saying. That ain't got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 2: I love the book, but do you feel like I still like you was kind of guarded well, because there's a certain parts you'd be like, that's a whole other book, you know what I mean, especially making.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's so a little bit.
Speaker 19: But you uh, Well, two things, the book to me wasn't about any malice, So I didn't want to throw anybody on the bus because that wasn't my intentions at all. The second thing is you got to understand, Charlotte Mane. You know I am still you know, coming from being the street guys, so I gotta still live by moral code, like I can't go out here and just you know, I can't believe I'm talking this much, but anyway, but it gives me a sense of freedom. I came front because I've had to sit back and not say nothing about a lot of things. But this is my story, my life, my perspective. But I'm not going to throw you under the bus in the process because I don't feel like that's going to help anybody, right And for me, it's just like if you know, you know, and if you don't then that means you're not supposed to know. So that's as deep as I was willing to go h to maintain my integrity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you dropped the young a long time ago, yes, sir, So you want to be known more as Jay Jenkins Now, I like the.
Speaker 12: Jj Z Jenkins though it's kind of cool.
Speaker 19: I mean for me, it's like, you know, and I can only ask you like how you felt like being an author, because it's just a different energy.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 19: I've been doing book signs run around, but it's like, you know, it's cool to read and when you see these you know what I'm saying, These guys coming off the streets buying three four books, damn. You know, listen and they're telling you, like, I hope this helps me out of what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 12: And the crazy thing is, like, you know, when you looked at Park.
Speaker 19: And everybody was looking at his whole thug life movement, he really just stood for something. He just had to word it so that we can relate to it, right, And you think about thug motivation, you just had to word it. But it's basically, you know, you stand up for something. And when you think about Jay g z Jenkins, it's like it's been young and it was Jeezy, that was Jay g z Jenkins. So that's the evolution of everything that I've been, right, And I get to say that now as a proud like author, right, and where I'm from, nobody even wants to hear his story, right, So for me to be able to be called Jajz Jinkings, that means you respected everything I am and everything that I've embodied.
Speaker 12: And I love that. It's like an accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Was it anybody you had to talk to before you put this book out? Like let them know, like, hey, I'm telling this story.
Speaker 19: I'm telling that story, na, because I just did it from, you know, just a place of being real or not having any matters, like.
Speaker 12: Trying to be devious.
Speaker 19: So I didn't feel like because when people tell stories, they just tell stories, right. Of course, everybody got their own idea what happened, so I didn't feel like, I don't feel like anybody's gonna come out and say, oh, you ain't tell the troop about that, because we all was in agreeance of what happened because we was all there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: So yeah, but I haven't had anything yet, so that's good.
Speaker 6: They said, not writing this book helped you overcome a fear of failure.
Speaker 12: Why is that, well, not even just failure, it's writing.
Speaker 19: This book just was very therapeutic, you know what I'm saying, Because when you write and you have to read this back to yourself, like you relive in all that trauma. And I've just been so good at like just putting stuff to the side and not dealing with it right. And you know, I tell everybody, like, even when I read the chapter about Shakira was in it, man, you know it just you know.
Speaker 12: I had to read it out loud, and I had to.
Speaker 19: Go through what I was feeling emotional and it's probably like one of the first times I dealt with it, you know what I'm saying, because when it happened, I didn't I didn't re read it like like I didn't go through the process. I just put it with everything else that ever happened to me. But I'm like, this is a real human bring being. This is my friend, and somebody changed my life. It's not one of your home boys from the neighborhood who chose to live, you know, this type of life. And it was just moments like that that really caught me off guard because you know, I'm a solid dude, Like I don't you know what I'm saying, but I had learned how to basically be emotionless, you.
Speaker 3: Know, is that because of your guy.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get too much away with your guy that used to always be like glad it ain't me, Yeah.
Speaker 12: I mean what not? What the thing is, once you.
Speaker 19: Go through so much in life and you have so much loss, you just come to grips with it and you understand this is just a part of life and that's that's that's cool, But you still have to and this is like some of the information and dolledge.
Speaker 12: I learned you still.
Speaker 19: Have to allow yourself to feel, and that's what I wasn't doing right, But I felt like that made me tough, which is why when you always see me all the time, probably why y'all be You know what I'm saying, Because I'm guarded, because I feel like that's what's gonna keep me safe. That's what's gonna keep me solid, right, And you build this wall and it also keeps people out, yeah, but it also blocks your blessings from coming in. You know what I'm saying. And I just had to realize that. You know, I'm not there yet, you know what I'm saying. But I'm getting better understanding that it's okay to feel that way. And I'm hoping that my transparency when it comes to us and people we grew up with, understand like, it's okay not to be okay, right, It's okay to feel and you don't have to walk around here and be the shell of a man, you know, because that affects your kids, affects your family, it affects your friends. And a lot of my friends didn't even know me. They thought they did, they knew, they knew the character. They knew, right, they knew that. But so when I started having real conversations, I'm like, damn, man, like, you know.
Speaker 12: You're going through that too. You know, now we helping each other, you know what I'm saying. So it's like and people.
Speaker 19: Don't believe that, like even with me and Nipsey just talked. That's why I love Nipsey so much. Man, Like Nipsey would talk to me about books and we're being in the club like and everybody partying, and.
Speaker 12: He's like, yo, you read, you know, and we just talked.
Speaker 19: I just thought that was fascinating because I was there too, because I'm trying to get knowledge. But I'm like, damn, who would have ever thought that Nipsey Hustle would be the person that I could talk to about books?
Speaker 3: That was him.
Speaker 2: You know, It's so funny that I was looking at this recently. I was looking at like the last conversation we was having, like via a text, and it was him asking me about a book, a book, bro, telling me to get him a copy of this this book.
Speaker 12: That's crazy, bro, and you know, long live there.
Speaker 5: I was going to ask, you know, your subway sandwich conversation does it ever bother you that people missed the message of you saying I did this to concerned How about that you missed the message of what you were trying to say.
Speaker 19: You know what, Man Manti used to tell me, Man, you gotta leave ignorance where it's at. And I just could do the best I can to relate. The message is on you to get it. But that was the craziest thing. I'm like, hold up waiting.
Speaker 3: For weeks in the book.
Speaker 2: In the book, it makes sense though in the context when you read in the book, it makes sense.
Speaker 19: Okay, So you did, yeah, And the point in case was like, no, I was so focused that I went to this place every day to eat because I knew I was going to spend a certain amount of money right and I could save the rest of my money. And to me, that was me building my financial literacy skills and teaching myself how to manage money. And that was the point I was trying to make. I got point and gave me no money.
Speaker 2: I think that in the book you did that because you was hustling at a certain time. So that certain time of day you was hustling, that was part of your utine. But you were still having breakfast and still having dinner.
Speaker 3: That's what it says.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I was still you know, I was still doing my thing.
Speaker 19: And and by the way, like a lot of people didn't even know, Like this is a you know, I don't want to dive too deep in, but you talking about the town. They probably had a population of twenty one hundred people, just like I want to.
Speaker 12: Yeah, He've been to.
Speaker 19: It's like the first one of our fast food restaurants. So it was like, you gotta look at the cost of living around everybody working at Family. They can't charge what they charge in New York, California for a sandwich.
Speaker 12: You know what I'm saying. But you know that's that. But I'm glad you brought that.
Speaker 6: All right, we got more with Jeez when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 3: It's the breakfast Club in the morning.
Speaker 5: Morning everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne, the gud we are. The breakfast Club is still kicking it with Gez Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: What is fifty years of hip hop mean to Jeezy man?
Speaker 19: I mean, it's so young, it's so young, but yet so powerful. Man, Like when I look around I see my peers. Man, I'm just proud, bro, Like I'm just proud to see like the Traumas and all these guys just being so successful and changing lives, making companies and holding down platforms.
Speaker 12: And it's only fifty years old.
Speaker 19: You know, think about that, you see it, and you know, I don't know what hip hop makes all the way around. I mean even for yourself, cart shows and you know, in the stuff if you do, like I don't know what it makes. If we all you know, just the billions, then it makes. But it's fifty years old. Just imagine seeing a fifty year old person that's worth you know, you know, two three hundred billion dollars because he affects everything.
Speaker 12: So just look at hip hop as a person.
Speaker 19: It's like we all been able to eat off of it, right, and we're all being able to learn right. And I tell people all the time like I learned from Tupac, like, which is why my music was always serious to me, Like why I never just wrote it for money, Like I didn't write the book for money. We could take the book off the table and I'll still be here because this is my purpose. But hip hop gave me a purpose. Hip hop gave me a voice. Hip hop gave me a platform. Hip hop saved my life, right, you know what I'm saying, because I could have been out of here and God willing, you know, whoever thought what I would be doing music and real life?
Speaker 6: Who is some of your biggest influences for people that don't know growing up?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 5: Hip hop turns fifty this Friday, So like, who is the reason that you said, nah this, I want to do.
Speaker 6: That because of this or because I heard that, because I seen this.
Speaker 3: We had a couple names in the book that surprised me. One in particular, Trick.
Speaker 12: I love Trick.
Speaker 19: Well that was because I was hustling in Florida at some point and Trick was like he was like the god down there and he was just speaking real talk, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm about my money and all those songs he had, like I just resonated with and that's when I was kind of getting a little Florida vibe. But answer your question, like, to me, the biggest entrepreneurs I saw that I can figure out how they was doing it was the masterpiece and the cast money because they were showing us all the stuff that we wanted, Like we first saw the hum video like I've never seen a yellow Ferrari and a lood other projects like I wanted that, you know, and I went out and I achieved that.
Speaker 12: I got the yellow Ferrari, I got the two three row lexes.
Speaker 19: At one time, I had the GS four hundred lexes, the GS three hundred lex But that was watching them, right, So that made me want to do what they was doing because that was the only way I saw that you can get money. Now, what made me change my life was when I was in boot camp. The first time I heard over the radio, dear Mama, so many tears from Tupac. That's that's when it changed on a like on a personal yeah, like I love with Cash money and No Limit was doing this musically, but like Tupac touched me bro like he was my people, my preacher, my mentor my goal to like this is how I'm learning and and because like I said again, like you know, when you come up the way we come up a lot of people didn't have morals and values at that time because they was just trying to survive. So I was getting all my morals from Tupac. That's how I kind of knew what not to do or not to say, and how not to talk and how not to be to me, when when music affects you like that, that's that's something different, and that's what made.
Speaker 3: Me want to do it.
Speaker 2: I love reading books like Yo Be cause you get to see how how a whole city.
Speaker 3: Grew and evolved, right Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize Shorty Red had that much influence over your Yes, you.
Speaker 3: Know, whole career now.
Speaker 2: I mean we knew he was what are your goal through when it came to production, But I'm talking about just as far as everything.
Speaker 19: Yeah, no, but what's worth you know, I feel Shorty, you know what I'm saying, Like I feel what he's going through where he's at with I've been there, you know, we just got to all just climb out of there.
Speaker 12: But as far as.
Speaker 19: Like showing me the ropes allow me to be around so I can understand what to do musically, that was all me just.
Speaker 12: Hanging around him.
Speaker 19: And then when we created a sound, that was me and him sitting in his basement. You know, Shorty believed in me, then, you know what I'm saying. And again, like a lot of things happen, like fame, happened. Success happened, and you know, I just ran with the wind, right, So maybe we didn't have the conversations of how that was going to work out if I was to succeed.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that you feel like you left out of the book. I mean you didn't even get into your new life being a husband?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Yeah, well I felt, you know, and people asked me that, and you know how you know how you want?
Speaker 12: So everybody, every room in your house, what'ce up your bedroom? Sacre? Look at shit? One thing? It's like, that's my that's my sacred place. Like I don't want nobody.
Speaker 19: I don't want all these things that I've went through to even you know, connect with that because I feel like, you know, I don't.
Speaker 12: I don't want that energy in my new life.
Speaker 19: I feel like I'm writing something to stop that chapter. And if you peak while I stop the chapter, and if you watch how I live my life and people like, why did you stop on verses, I said, because that's when I made a decision that that was the decision evolve or died, So bam, stop her there and I'm going to evolve, y'all deal with That's that's on y'all to figure iin't gotta never do another record of my life.
Speaker 12: You know. To a lot of people, Versus was just music, but it was.
Speaker 19: So much behind that culture, and and one of us had to make a decision because if it would have went the way everybody wanted to go or thought it was gonna go, then we would be in the same place.
Speaker 12: And there's not any place safe place for somebody to.
Speaker 19: Say, hey, bro, I don't really get along with what youre talking about, but we gotta figure this out, which is the conflict resolues right, Because when I look at young Thuds and Luci her my heart, bro, and my thing is when I see these these guys sitting in jail and prison and all their people was out here starving, and the people they was taking care of and uh employing and all that, it's a rap. But for what you know what I'm saying, like, because we can't sit down. So that's what Versus was about to me, and I'm gonna keep it in a thousand. I ain't need to do no Versus, you know what I'm saying, like, But for the culture I I owed him that I'm the when that was telling them to go out here and do what they had to do. So how I'm gonna go make another move and do what I gotta do. And I tell y'all, hey, look, bro, I'm gonna make this decision for all of us. And it might be unfavorable. Everybody might not get it, but you will before it's over.
Speaker 2: And I love how you broke down where you were at in that moment when the truth played. Yeah, it was like you was like strapped.
Speaker 12: Oh no, it was it was there.
Speaker 3: It was right.
Speaker 12: Jace was cued up, he was ready to go. He could have he could have set it off.
Speaker 19: In my mind, I just said what I had to say because it didn't affect me then it's not going to affect me now. And we already done been through about fifteen years of this, So I'm moving on, bro, you know. And that's that's in front of the world, right in front of everybody that respects me and might not respect me tomorrow, but they ain't got to do with my kids, my life, my my my legacy, none of that. And that's why I start the book there, because I'm going on to live my new life. And if y'all want Jeezy he back there now. If you want jay Jeezy Jenkins, he's at the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: You feel diversity for sales is right now, that's right.
Speaker 5: This book is out right now, make sure to go pick it up. Ladies and gentlemen, Jesus, we appreciate you.
Speaker 15: Saved.
Speaker 6: Y'all brotherstand and.
Speaker 3: You read your book through. You're at the audio version.
Speaker 19: Yes, I read the audio birth and the book is out right now. You can get it anywhere books are. So that's Audible, that's Amazon and every bookstore in your neighborhood.
Speaker 12: Barns and Nobles. Love There you have it.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club is Jeszu, I got morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody's DJ env Charlamagne the gud We are to Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host, Roxy Romeo from of course Power ninety nine out in Philly.
Speaker 6: Welcome Roxy, thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's get right into the rooms.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: Is the rumor report probably out.
Speaker 18: If you want to know if something is like cool or if it's hips, the only way that you're gonna know is if somebody from the culture, the black culture co.
Speaker 15: Signed on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: God, can I take this with me? I'm just saying yeah, sure, all right? So off Set.
Speaker 7: It is being reported that he filed for immediate dismissal of the lawsuit he filed in August of twenty twenty two against Quality Control Music. So the lawso claim that Quality Control was claiming ownership of his solo releases despite the fact that he executed a deal with them in twenty twenty one to buy back the rights to his music. He took special offense to this because apparently the purchase was not cheap. He stated the Quality Controls claims over his solo music was quote unquote wrongful and knowingly violates offsets rights to his own music. So he officially filed to drop the lawsuit on Tuesday, and the paperwork was reportedly dated August fourth. Earlier this year, he told Variety that he was going full fledged with his solo career. His new album, Rocket Power is set to be released on August eighteenth.
Speaker 4: The album is being released once again on Quality Controls.
Speaker 3: Was Rocket Pop.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll look it up and we will confirm, okay, But the album is being released on Quality Control again, so I'm guessing that they obviously worked out their differences.
Speaker 4: But he already released his first single for the project jealousy of course, featuring his.
Speaker 6: Wife CARTI that was hard, which is dope.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love to see Quality Control and Offset work that out, man, because I love everything QC is built.
Speaker 3: You know everything p and Coach have built over there.
Speaker 2: We know all of them together, Like the foundation of quality control to me is Pee and Coach and you know the migos. That's what I think of when I think of quality control. You know me too, So I love to see them all work that out.
Speaker 4: All right. Moving on Travis Scott.
Speaker 7: So, he recently had a show in Rome and the same situation has surfaced, so he is now under the microscope. There have been sixty people that have come forward claiming that they were injured at his show.
Speaker 4: There were sixty thousand people at the show.
Speaker 7: But the thing is is none of these injuries were like major injuries. It was like, oh I stubbed my toe, I have an injury. Oh I scraped my knee. Oh I have an injury. And so now because of this he is getting put on blasts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is sad he's gonna have to. But the sad thing about it he's going to see that at a lot of his shows from here on. Out that people are going to do that. They're going to try to get a checked. They're going to try to do that because they's it seems like an easy money grap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you put sixty thousand people anywhere, it's going to be some type of.
Speaker 6: Coss Exactly, I got a concert.
Speaker 2: I don't even know why they keep having these big ass contracts with all these people.
Speaker 3: Sixty thousand people is a lot of people.
Speaker 2: It's impossible to have the level of security that contains sixty thousand people.
Speaker 5: I mean, Ed Sharon did it at met Life, you had Beyonce just did it. You have Super Bowl, you have baseball games, you have basketball games, you have all these soccer games, these football games.
Speaker 3: So it is a prominent So is it the music.
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 3: I think I think, like you said, them.
Speaker 2: To be rowdy because like you said, there was eighty thousand plus that has sharing. It's those big numbers that Beyonce you don't see that type of stuff.
Speaker 5: But I think you do see a lot of these injuries that people don't report it.
Speaker 6: Like you're trying to tell me.
Speaker 5: That at these football games, these soccer games, nobody gets hurt.
Speaker 6: They have to get hurt. It's not just missing the music. You see it all the time. These people get hurt at these games.
Speaker 3: It's not true. You have all these people rowdy and they turned up, don't you say?
Speaker 5: All the time these football games, these soccer games, people get injured and hurt all the time.
Speaker 6: You just don't hear about this, Travis Scott. That's what that makes it the story.
Speaker 2: That's not true. It's the music. It's the fact that they wild and they being rowdy with more.
Speaker 5: People I met you if you look up how many times people get hurt at these these huge international soccer games where they're fighting and jumping and going crazy and sometimes they run on the field people, we'll get hurt an injured.
Speaker 7: I mean, this particular situation is definitely just because it's Travis Scott that they're putting a microscope. Like a fourteen year old boy got hurt, but it was his fault, Like he literally tried to sneak into the show and sneak past security. He was on some kind of structure and jumped off and hurt himself exactly right. So that's the kind of stuff you're dealing with, all right. So forty forty Club, the iconic club here in New York, owned by jay Z, has reportedly closed its stores. It opened in two thousand and three. It's been a staple in the hip hop community, and the rumor is or supposedly they're only closed because they're planning to open up in another location, but we don't know how true that actually is.
Speaker 5: I loved I loved the forty forty when I was out and about all the time. I just felt like the forty forty in the bad last couple of years just didn't do enough because it was the only place where we all can go to watch the games, to watch the fights, to watch the sports. And I don't know what happened. I don't know, maybe because jay Is moved to the West Coast. It just that we lost that feeling and hopeful lead. They're moving it to another vend. I hope you get that feeling back, because you go to all these other markets, all these different cities, there's places where we all can go watch the game, where we can all go watch the fight and we can watch it together as a culture and feel safe, and New York just doesn't have that. So with that them losing the forty four that I hope they're able to open back up and restruction and create that feeling again.
Speaker 2: What I would like to see is JD and Rock Nation get granted the license for the casino and then put the forty four in the casino. That would be amazing. That would be amazing. So maybe maybe that's what that about.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're trying to get a license for a casino.
Speaker 5: They put in the I think they put in a bid for Yeah, that granted I think one person a casino license and Jay and then put in a bid for it.
Speaker 2: That would be Can you imagine casino? That's what I'm so that feeling, there is something to do.
Speaker 5: They watch the fire, watch the games. You could do gamble then you could. There's a hotel you can that.
Speaker 4: What's the likeliness of him getting it?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. I hope so he's in he's in the bidding, he's in the running.
Speaker 12: I hope.
Speaker 15: So.
Speaker 6: I pray so, I pray so too.
Speaker 7: And Charlemane, you were right. That is actually Quevo's album What the Rocket Rocket Power.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're talking about that.
Speaker 3: It was only five minutes ago. Five minutes ago. Okay, hey man, things move fast.
Speaker 4: Out there, man, I don't think we know the name of his album anyway, So that was it?
Speaker 5: What about talking about I said that? All about what you said? All right, well that is your room will report. Thank you, Roxy Charlamagon. Yes, indeed, who are you giving that down?
Speaker 3: Two man?
Speaker 2: We need a woman named Brittany McClure. She's from Michigan. She needed to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a word for her. And I don't want I don't want you women to judge because a lot of you women have been in this situation, you know, dealing with a dog.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about it for after that. All right, we'll get to that. Next to the breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 15: The breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: If you're hiring, you know it's hard to attract top talent. Team up with the hiring partner who understands how tough it is and knows what you need.
Speaker 3: Zip Recruiter go to.
Speaker 2: This exclusive web address to try dipper Cruider for free zipprecruiter dot com slash breakfast.
Speaker 9: Let's gonna be a dunkey because right now you want some real.
Speaker 15: It's time for Donkey of the day.
Speaker 19: So if you ever feel I need to be a dog man with the heat rock did she get?
Speaker 12: Please?
Speaker 8: Don't?
Speaker 3: I had become Donkey of the day.
Speaker 2: The breakfast club Bitch It Well, Donkey Today for Thursday August tenth goes to a Michigan woman named Brittany McClure. Brittany Britney, Britney, she made a mistake that a lot of women making life and now she got into a romantic relationship with a dog. All right, a lot of women have been there. And don't judge Roxy, I mean, don't judge Britney.
Speaker 3: Roxy. I'm sure, wow, definitely not ass Roxy. Roxy. I'm sure you've been involved with a dog or two in your lifetime. You're from Philly, Jesus, I'm from Miami, Oh, Miami working. Yes, yes, that's right.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 3: There's two types of dealings with a dog.
Speaker 2: You can be a woman who doesn't know they are dealing with a dog, or you a woman who has a good man, but you get an action from a dog on the side, which why I'll never understand, because if you got a good man, why would you want to creep with a dog on the side. This is what happened to Brittany, she got caught by her ex boyfriend. Her ex boyfriend had a surveillance camera set up and caught Brittany creeping with Max.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, that's the name Max. Max is a known dog in this town.
Speaker 2: Yet Britney couldn't help herself and she was caught creeping by her ex boyfriend. Not just creeping, he got her on camera performing for Latio.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, can you imagine?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine catching your significant other on camera giving for Latio?
Speaker 3: And what makes the situation even worse?
Speaker 2: On the video, she's trying to get Max to reciprocate, and Max not with it. Max keeping it player. Max said, thou shall receive, but thou shall not give.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: When people show you who they are, believe them. Okay, when a dog shows you who they are, believe them. The Book of Gucci, chapter three, verse thirty two. He told you what a dog was all about. I'm a dog. Repeat that seventeen times, and then he told you on a treata like a dog in past it on my dog's Okay. A person with that mentality not reciprocating oral Okay, this is not a you put your mouth on me I'll put my mouth on you situation, not when you're messing with a dog. I'm not even mad at Max. I'm mad at Brittany for not knowing any better. And guess what she got arrested? Oh yes, yes, yes, her ex boyfriend turned her in because what she was doing was a crime. What do you mean, uncle Shala, a crime? Well, let's go to Fox through Detroit for the report.
Speaker 3: Police never seen anything like this?
Speaker 15: I have not.
Speaker 21: You probably have not either, The tailor man says. This week, he caught his ex girlfriend Brittany McClure on home surveillance cameras at their Taylor home they still share.
Speaker 3: In that video, it.
Speaker 17: Shows defendant Brittany McClure lying on the living room floor on what appears to be a mattress covered with a blanket. She then removes the blanket and calls the dog over to her.
Speaker 21: That's Taylor Pet's detective Philip Collop, who had to analyze the six minute video.
Speaker 3: She has heard saying good boy.
Speaker 21: He secured charges against McClure for sonomy and animal abuse. Max is even named as the victim in his report.
Speaker 22: PA it's his ex girlfriend performing Flay show on the dog named Max, and her attempts to get Max to reciprocate.
Speaker 21: Lieutenant Frank Canning at this job twenty four years. He's dumbfounded, says McClure. Confessed and even told investigators why.
Speaker 22: Kind of a interest and a fetish stuff that was seen on the internet?
Speaker 6: Good news?
Speaker 3: Max was not her.
Speaker 2: Now Roxy asked you a question, Mary, and I'm going to ask you to get out that we have more content. I'm sure have you ever been involved with a dog in two in your lifetime?
Speaker 20: Uh?
Speaker 4: Not that kind of dog?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay. Britney is nasty, disgusting. Is it okay to shame her? Or well I get attacked by the canine sexuals? Huh? Let me make sure that dog loves the Association of America isn't fighting for people's rights to have sex with pound puppies. Peter, how do you feel about this? Are you gonna call for my cancelation? Because I think Brittany is mentally just stirved for sucking a dog's one eyed, pink bocking rocket.
Speaker 3: Not to miss, she tried to get the dog to reciprocate.
Speaker 2: You know why the dog wouldn't reciprocate, Brittany, because dogs don't like dry food. All right, Sometimes you gotta pour some warm water over some dry food to make it soft. To Brittany, you was dryboo. All right, you want the dog to eat you already, gotta come with it wet and soft. Also, everyone knows it's not dogs that reciprocate.
Speaker 3: It's cats.
Speaker 2: That's why you have so many catwomen in this world. Put a little honey down there and the cat will go to work with that rough tongue. But that's neither head nor there. Back to the dog, you're under the blanket, calling the dog over, talking.
Speaker 3: About good boy, good boy. Also, you can put your mouth on this dog's milk bone. Yuck.
Speaker 2: Now, what's been confusing me about this situation. What I've been pondering was rather not Brittany had feelings for Max, because she could have had feelings for the dog. Oh, she could have not all right, if she doesn't have feelings for him, If they was just getting it in quick drive by, it'll probably sound like this, But what if Brittany loved this dog? What if she was into this dog? What if she cared for this dog? If she did, it would sound like this. Please give Brittany McClure the biggest he hull. Nothing left to do here but play a game of guess what rice is? All right, Brittany mcclar got caught applying that dog lipstick to her lips by her ex boyfriend. Yes, Roxy, gus, what race is for.
Speaker 4: Five hundred dollars ago with white?
Speaker 2: Okay, j V Yes, Brittany McClure got caught sucking on that K nine inch er.
Speaker 3: Guess what white? Well, Roxy and dj Envy, guess what. Both of you are absolutely Caucasian. She is Capitol Riot white.
Speaker 2: She is Montgomery, Alabama, starting fight with crew workers white.
Speaker 3: Look at her. Look at that big old jar. Helman out of the human jar. Helman's in the flesh.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, Okay, Lord have mercy.
Speaker 6: That was a nasty ass donkey today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, well, absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 3: Be Et.
Speaker 5: We'll see tomorrow, be et, We'll see tomorrow. That was disgusting. That was just nasty. I enjoyed it. That's not quite quite hilarious, Okay, it was very entertaining to me. All Right, Well, when we come back, let's see if you have that same energy. Mm because the champion, Terrence. Bud Crawford will be joining us.
Speaker 3: Bud will be here.
Speaker 5: Uh for everybody that's listening. I don't know if you remember a couple of weeks ago and a couple of months ago.
Speaker 2: You know several years, ye, several last couple of years, been saying Earl Spins would be Terrence Bud.
Speaker 6: You said, Terrence Craft wasn't anything enough against Earl.
Speaker 3: You said it's powerful and against Earl.
Speaker 6: You said, what you're gonna do when Errool Spins comes.
Speaker 3: For years against Earl not everybody else.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're gonna see if you have that energy when we come back as a breakfast local morning, breakfast club.
Speaker 16: More thing.
Speaker 5: Everybody's dj MV Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 3: But wanted to sit there, Bud wanted to sit in your seat. Bud wanted to sit see and he said, if you want him to move, you gotta make a move.
Speaker 23: He right, He right, You want to sit in your seat, and if you want him to move, make him move.
Speaker 3: Hey. That's what he's said what he needed to be. Ladies and gentlemen, we have the champion, Terrence.
Speaker 2: Call for ladies and gentlemen. Man, would you like to say anything. I mean, I gave my thumb donkey today.
Speaker 8: I apologize and say you're a loser.
Speaker 3: All listen. I don't know if apology is necessary, but I was dead wrong.
Speaker 8: Say you're sorry for wrong.
Speaker 3: I apologize. I apologize for picking Earl Spence over you.
Speaker 5: He picked Earl Spence way early on.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: The most impressive thing about the fight was everything that I thought Earl Spence would do to beat you. You neutralized it, took away and jab his side didn't matter. You would clearly stronger.
Speaker 23: You heard him and I asked you, I said, how you feel that he's stronger than me?
Speaker 2: But that was before I saw the video of your deadlifting a three? How much was that four hunder pounds like or something?
Speaker 3: I didn't know you. I really didn't know that you had that he slept on you. I'm a casual boxing fan. I see that fighting.
Speaker 6: So but let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: I know it seemed like it felt good because you had so many doubters and so many hateres people that didn't believe in you.
Speaker 3: So did you feel like that was your time?
Speaker 9: True?
Speaker 3: He was he was up in Vegas.
Speaker 8: Can you let this brother to that's Vegas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's plenty people. Did you feel like there was a lot of people that doubted you, hate it on you, especially from the culture.
Speaker 23: Absolutely, you know, there's a lot of people doubting me and saying the same thing that he was saying. Because I'm pretty sure he didn't base his opinion off of his own knowledge. He based his opinion off of what people were saying.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, that was based off with that stuff.
Speaker 23: So yeah, but when you start seeing this and this and this, and everybody keeps saying, oh, well, he's big, he's strong, and everybody keeps saying that, and then you see him fight, you know, then you're like, all right, what this dude is big and strong, and so you start believing the height. He didn't do his own homework, just like everybody else. So then you get a lot of people in the should, get a lot of people on social media, you get a lot of people in interviews they say, oh, well, Terrence small because I'm skinny, or he's small, he's little, he's coming from one thirty five, and they go with that narrative, you know, and then when the fight happened, then everybody they shocked.
Speaker 8: They surprised.
Speaker 23: They're like, man, wow, but not giving me the credit for knocking out every opponent that I faced in the welterweight division.
Speaker 3: You have to admit this to your best performance ever in the ring.
Speaker 23: I wouldn't say that, you know, I would say it's my best performance against the level of competition that it was. Given the performance that I had against a level of competitor like Aerol Spence, then that's when everybody give me my respect.
Speaker 2: Now, So just a revenge tour? Are you just gonna go around to all the media outlets who said that uh Earl he should ear is gonna win and make him apologize?
Speaker 8: Nah?
Speaker 23: Man, I just want to, you know what I mean, see your face because he was one of the main people. You know, not the last time, but way when I first came on here, Like I've always thought Earl.
Speaker 2: Not discrediting you in any way, just saying I always thought Earl would win if y'all each other.
Speaker 23: Yeah, So I just had to see your face, you know, sit in your chair and make you appreciate greatness that's sitting next to you.
Speaker 5: Well, the rematch happened sooner or later, and I mean, I know you heard the commentary after the fight.
Speaker 3: Even like Steven A.
Speaker 5: Smith's believes Arrow should retire, what's your thoughts after fighting him?
Speaker 23: Well, I don't think he should retire. I think he should take a little time off, get his mind right, get back in the gym, and get back focused. Because I never took a loss in a professional rankings. But I know how how that can affect you mentally, being at this high level and losing the way you lost. You know, you start questioning yourself. You start asking yourself, do I still got it? Am I getting old? Am I slipping? You start asking yourself all different types of questions that you got to answer. So I just would tell him, you know you're a great fighter, take a little time off and come back, you know, do it again. But don't you spoke to him after no I send him a text message, send him a text message, check up on him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he replied.
Speaker 23: Like I told everybody, I don't hate Aero Spence, like I'm a fan of Ero Spans.
Speaker 8: Like it was just business at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Did you carry Earl a couple of rounds?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 2: No er, I feel like you could have gotten I love her, but I feel like you could have got him out there a little bit earlier.
Speaker 3: It looked like you let off, especially in the eighth round.
Speaker 23: No, man, you gotta understand, man, Arrol is a great fighter. He's very strong, he's got the heart of a line, and he's very tough.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 8: He just keep getting up like he's.
Speaker 23: Like, man, I'm not giving up. I don't care what you do. I'm gonna keep getting up and I'm gonna keep fighting. So yeah, he did what he had to do the last the time that you last, you.
Speaker 5: Think the rest should have stopped it at that time because even when he stopped, the Arrow was you know, put his hands up like I'm still going.
Speaker 3: Do you think that was the time to stop?
Speaker 8: Oh? Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 23: But I think that his his his corner should have stepped in in the seventh round. You know, I feel as if they believed in Arrow, but at the same time, they should have saved the fighter from himself because as fighters, we're gonna keep fighting til there's no fight left.
Speaker 2: Were you concerned about that because there's been these rumors that you know, neurologically something is off. What else were you concerned about that? As you will fight him? Like, did you see any of that in the ring.
Speaker 23: No, no, not at all, you know, because when I'm in the ring, I'm I'm in kill mode.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 23: It's not my job to let up. You know, it's my job to hurt you because we in a hurt game. If I was in that situation, he would be thinking the same. Now afterwards, Yeah, I'm gonna be like, damn, you know, I'm feel sorry for you, check up on you, you know, wishing well pretty much?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Go, So what you're gonna do next?
Speaker 2: Because Jamel y'allo is getting script of his belts and I know you wanted that to become with undisputed champion in three divisions run right.
Speaker 3: So when that happens, what you're gonna do? Who you wanna fight now?
Speaker 8: I don't know. I'm just sitting back exploring my options.
Speaker 3: Is Jameil off the table?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 8: If you don't have to bet on I know, not at all.
Speaker 23: I hope he'd come back and him and Tim Zoo fight and fight the winner. I really, you know, I want to fight him.
Speaker 2: My boots is the mandatory. He's calling you out now listen right now. In my career, a lot of people like boosts boots that boosts. You know, fighting boost is a lose a little situation I win. They're gonna say, oh, well, he was young, he wasn't ready. You know, he was talented, he was skillful, but you you got the experience over. You got so much more than this kid that that never been tested before, you know, because we always seen them when a fashionate way, you know, to where we say, oh man, he's cold, he's skillful, but he's never been in the ring with nobody to test them.
Speaker 23: Me fighting Boots would be like, okay, well you be Boots. It's not a mega fight. It's going to sell a little bit because of your name. Is what you just accomplished, you know.
Speaker 15: But now what.
Speaker 23: Definitely one hundred percent about the money, not taking anything away from Boots, but where I am at in my career right now. I didn't fall my eyes off to get to where I am, and I deserve to do whatever I want to do, and I don't care what nobody say, how anybody feel, or or any of that.
Speaker 5: Do you see the comparisons when they say Crawford and his prime versus mayweathern is prime, who would win? What do you think about those comparisons?
Speaker 8: Well, Yeah, man, I respect it. I respect it.
Speaker 23: A lot of people always well being asking me, you know what I think, and I always say, you know, Terrece Crawford against anybody. You know, I'm not going to say one man would do anything with me, but I respect the hell out of Floyd. He's been a fighter that I've looked up to his whole career, ever since I was a little kid. He paid the way for a lot of us fighters. So I got to always pay homage to the og, you know what I mean. It's great that my name has been mentioned with the greats now at the wealthweight division like Floyd's Sugar, Ray Leonard and you know Duran and Tommy Hearns and those fighters.
Speaker 8: So I'm getting I just do all.
Speaker 5: We got more with the Champ, Terrence Crawford when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club's dj n V Charlamagne the god we are. The Breakfast Club is still kicking it with the Champ Terrence Crawford.
Speaker 2: What media personalities motivated you for the Earl fight? Like, like, like, who are the people that you couldn't wait.
Speaker 12: To go see?
Speaker 3: Other than me? You called a guy retarded at the end of the.
Speaker 8: Listen.
Speaker 23: Man, there's so many of them because you got these bandwagon people that's jumping on the bandwagon and no disrespect to Errow, no disrespect for them having their own a pen, you know. But it's it's a lot of boxing little podcasts and blogs that always put out negative information of Terrence Crawford, you know, just because they were the Arrow Spence fanst and I you know, I fed off of that though.
Speaker 3: But you and Earl was a pick me though. It was you. You could win either way.
Speaker 23: Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. It could be a pigmy call it. Call it how you call it, you know. But at the same time, don't discredit one fighter because you like another fighter. So you're trying to take all away, all his accolades away because you like this fighter. You're trying to put false information out on this fighter because you want to, you know, get this fighter all the tension and all the recognition and stuff like that. Don't do that, you know what I mean, Like, Hey, this fighter, I think you know, he got the edge because it is this fighter is a great fighter as well because he accomplished this. Don't say, oh, well he's not fighting nobody. He's fighting washed the opponents all. The only reason why he beat these guys because you know he was damaged good because Aero Spence already beat him and this and that and that, and there's no need to do that. You know, when when me and Erro fight, then we're going to see who the better man it is. And that's what we did on the twenty nine.
Speaker 2: What you did to Earl, though I didn't expect Earl to do that to you, but I didn't expect you to do that to early leave. I don't think nobody expected what we saw.
Speaker 3: Did you expect that? Did you expect you when you envisioned the fight? Did you think it was gonna go that way? Not at all?
Speaker 8: Not at all. I didn't.
Speaker 23: I didn't even expect it to go high and went. But we trained for the moment. You know, we live in the moment. When they asked me, you know about the fight, I always say when I win, because I believe that, and I really feed off of the negative energy, the negative attention, the negative comments. So I replay all that in my head and I just you know, it just boosts me and give me more energy.
Speaker 3: And I was like Okay, didn't I say that. I said, every time you hit early felt like he was hitting me.
Speaker 2: I said that it felt personal, it did It felt like you was getting something off your chest in that moment.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 23: That was definitely a fight where you know, like I said, after the fight, I felt relieved because now it's behind me. You know, when I got my kids asking me, you're gonna fight that Spencer guy, you know, then I know it.
Speaker 8: It hit home. So it's like, and this dude gotta fight.
Speaker 23: So I always try to do everything in my power and my will to make the fight happen. And it was great because it was for all the belts, you know. So that's why I told everybody it's happening at the best time, because if we're the fault sooner, it probably wouldn't have been as big. It probably wouldn't have meant as much because we're just fighting for a two belt, you know.
Speaker 8: So now, what where do we go from here?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 8: Do we fight this guy? Do we fight that guy?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 2: What I mean everybody keeps bringing up Canelo. I think that's weird, you know, because you'd have to gain like what twenty pounds, but say, that's the money fight, that's the mega fight, that's the money fight. That's the only thing that makes sense with Terrence Crawte.
Speaker 23: Well, you know what I mean, catchway, we can do something that a catchway. What you think r like one six or something. But you said you said one people.
Speaker 8: Fifty eight sixety that'd be cool.
Speaker 5: Also, I see what was that conversation when you call Eminem to have Eminem bring you out?
Speaker 3: Because I was a surprise to people.
Speaker 8: That was dope, you know what I mean. I was.
Speaker 23: I was just talking about what should I come out to. Every song that I come out to got meaning to it for for for that for that moment when I'm fighting, and I was just thinking, like, dang, man, you know, it would be dope. And then I don't think he never walked nobody out. He don't really never go out. So I was just like, man, that would be great for this great moment, you know. And for him to reply on my Instagram and say that he was a big fan, I was one of his favorite fighters. I was like, oh, you know what I mean, Like, you know, you get surprised and stuff like that when you're a fan of somebody and they are a fan of yours, but you don't know they are a.
Speaker 8: Fan of yours, and you're like, damn, word, already pull up.
Speaker 6: He really pulled up, and he pulled up right.
Speaker 8: Like let's do it. I'm like, damn, it's dope.
Speaker 23: So like everything leading up to the fight, you know, I felt as if it was my moment, and I just felt that way in my heart, my soul, like this this is my show. It can say Spence Crawford, he can be the A side, but this is my show.
Speaker 2: Canelo versus Charlo September thirty of Who Got I Got Canelo.
Speaker 8: I think it's gonna be a good fight.
Speaker 23: I think a lot of people are sleeping on Charlo. But he's skillful, he's big. He's bigger than Canelo. Even though Canelo at a higher weight. I think Canelo gonna be stronger than him. I think Canelo gonna be more powerful than him. But at the same time, I think Charlo got the boxing skills to make it competitive fight. You know, he uses jab straight punches and don't get caught up with all the feints and stuff that Canelo thought it'd be competitive.
Speaker 2: Canelo versus Crawford at one fifty eight, who wins Crawford?
Speaker 8: Come on, man, hey.
Speaker 15: Listen, what do you what do you think?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 15: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Again? That's one of the ones. But I'm just gonna sit back and watch it.
Speaker 8: And we already had.
Speaker 5: That come back to get again.
Speaker 3: That's the fight though, right Like, that's the fight.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, I can't see there's nobody else out there for you. I can't see anybody when we're talking mega fights and you know where you are now, I don't see who else.
Speaker 3: Who else would would make sense? Yeah, if they've been talking since as the company started.
Speaker 8: They already focused on what they got in front of them.
Speaker 23: That's Jamil, So I would never, you know, try to interfere on what they got going on right.
Speaker 3: Now, I mean gonna fight. You think you got left?
Speaker 2: If you had to guess if you about to be thirty seven, thirty six, thirty six, thirty six, okay, two three.
Speaker 23: I don't know, man, I'm healthy, ass could be yeah, I'm healthy, ass could be. Man, I probably can't fight time like forty five. But at the same time, all he said, I want to retire at thirty three. All he said, I want to retire from boxing. I never wanted boxing to retire me. You know, so boxing has definitely been good to me. I'm I'm gonna retire on talk.
Speaker 3: So for you, it's all about legacy and money.
Speaker 8: At this point, my legacy is already setting stone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 23: You know before when you look at my career, I was already going to the Hall of Fame without spends. That's the only thing I didn't accomplish yet is the Hall of Fame. There's nothing in boxing that Terrence Crawford having accomplished.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you made history of undisputed to the division.
Speaker 23: I'm talking about without spends. So now that that fight have happened, and now I made history again.
Speaker 2: Now what it's about the money, man, is earl, it's spent. It's Spence Crawford to a mega fight. I don't know if that's a mega fight anymore, but that's your fault.
Speaker 8: Is what it is.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 23: We're gonna figure it out. That's one thing we is gonna do. We're gonna figure it out, and if not, then you know, it is what it is. I had, I had my moment wait.
Speaker 3: On Canelo at once it did. That's the fight.
Speaker 2: W you got ready, I'm just gonna sit back shut. I'm gonna sit back and observe.
Speaker 6: See next time he comes, he's probably gonna take your chair again.
Speaker 3: It's the only person the champions sitting in the chair. Champion sitting the chair.
Speaker 5: Well, I appreciate you for coming and joining us. Appreciate you so much. I still offered you. I ain't got thirty million dollars, but if you take a little extra, you just want to.
Speaker 3: Why would want somebody for free? Check one time?
Speaker 6: It just might be gratification one time you need the champ.
Speaker 3: He's the guy. We know this all right.
Speaker 6: Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's Terrence Crawford.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, thank you brother, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Want everybody, it's d J n V.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co hosts a Roxy Romeo with us. Yes, all right, and let's get to the rooms.
Speaker 3: Is the rumor reports probably out.
Speaker 18: If you want to know if something is like cool or if it's hits, the only way that you're gonna know is if somebody on the culture, the black culture co signed it on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: All right, so definitely well deserved. Congratulations going out to Nas and Lol Wayne. Both have been inducted into Billboard's Hip Hop Hall of Fame. Yes, and they did give speeches. So let's say what Lol Wayne had to say about it.
Speaker 1: Thank you first of all. Of course you already got to give thanks to the man. Also those that we lost, those that we wish were here, we thank you as well. And to my fans, I think I worried it the best way when I say I ain't without you. This is for y'all, y'all as in my fans, y'all as and the people in the crowd, my supporters, those that work with me, those that work for me, those that work around me, those that work like me. This is for us. Just another footnote. I ain't stopping. They told me what time to be here. I was in the studio. They told me when I could leave. I'll be going back to the studio. So thank you, I love you all.
Speaker 6: What is Billboard's Hip Hop Hall of Fame? Is that different than.
Speaker 3: I never heard of it?
Speaker 2: So now, but any hip hop hall of Fame that don't got Lil Wayne and Nas and it is not valid.
Speaker 3: So dropping the cluse bons a little, Wayne, and now you got Nasby too.
Speaker 20: Yep, well, I never won awards in the nineties. First of all, I want to say thank you Billboard.
Speaker 12: Before I get into all of that. Thank you Billboard.
Speaker 20: This is cool forty nine years old. I'm about to turn fifty along with.
Speaker 12: Hip hop man.
Speaker 20: I didn't get into it for awards. We got into it because we love.
Speaker 3: The art form.
Speaker 20: So I want to thank you all for getting awards at forty nine, not when I was twenty nine. Y'all, mother was cheap. But I appreciate you. You know I'm gonna lie. Stayed away from awards shows back then. I thought that's the depth when ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 8: But it ain't.
Speaker 12: You make it what it is.
Speaker 3: Award shows a double until you start winning those awards.
Speaker 5: When they said the Billboard hip Hop Hall of Fame is new, they said they recently introduced to One of our producers said I just I just never heard of it.
Speaker 3: I wonder who else is a.
Speaker 15: Part of it.
Speaker 3: Listen any hip hop Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Lil Wayne and nas are first ballot unanimous Hall of famers. But what I love about both of them it is showing that it does get greater later. That's why as much as folks like to say hip hop is a young man's game, one of the criteria's being a great now to be considered a legend is longevity. How long can you be around? Because we've seen so many people have twenty and thirty year runs. So that's what it's about. Longevity.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, what other hip hop Hall of Fame exists.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I really don't know, but you know, I just wonder who else is in there, If LLL cooj is in there, if run DMC is in there, you know n w a e Ze, doctor dre ice Cube is And yeah, I did, nothing came up.
Speaker 12: That's why.
Speaker 4: Really, all right, well we'll look into it.
Speaker 7: So I love the story because, as you guys may know, I'm a mama and a recent mama of my second child. My daughter's eight months old, Rihanna, she is pregnant and you know, she leaves no stone unturned. She just launched a maternity collection for Savage by Offenee. She has been the sexiest mama I swear like that I have seen in a long time. I definitely was not that type of pregnant woman showing everything off and just yeah, it was never me. I was wearing oversized clothes. She was wearing undersized clothes. But she looks amazing. But it doesn't have a lot of pieces. It's only like a nursing bra right now and a big oversized shirt that says.
Speaker 4: Make more babies. But I'm sure it will expand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the nursing bra.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so congratulations to Rihanna. If I was gonna have another baby, which will not happen, I would buy something.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no, we're done.
Speaker 6: Shop is closed. Jesus, that is it.
Speaker 14: Sure?
Speaker 6: Two babies, I'm good, not more.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we're good.
Speaker 8: We're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shop is closed.
Speaker 3: If you say it, I believe it.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, moving on, But just that, So, I mean I said that before and now I have sixy has four.
Speaker 2: No, that don't mean nothing. I gotta get a propect me. I'm actually past due for a vasectomy. I've been posted to get a sector. Me been told me to get a sector.
Speaker 4: So you were both of you. Were you trying to stop before you had these other ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I think I was good. I think we were good with three.
Speaker 2: But then, you know, like I said, you just keeps I didn't even shoot the club on purpose.
Speaker 6: But COVID that COVID year was rough minus the IHEARTRADI.
Speaker 3: That COVID year. You know, we was in the house, you know, so you.
Speaker 4: Had to do something to pass the time it happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and mine was every year at iHeart Radio Music Festival, we go out to Vegas and get drunk and come back pregnant.
Speaker 2: I got you know what's so crazy, My last two come back pregnant. My last two were born around the iHeart Festival.
Speaker 6: So both of you. Mine was nine months after iHeart Radio Fest.
Speaker 3: Mine is on the weak mind, and I've actually missed iHeart Music Fest twice.
Speaker 4: Well, guys, it's coming up, envy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, letting you know, all right, Tory Lanes an update with him.
Speaker 4: Of course, you know he was sentenced to ten years.
Speaker 7: Well he has been given credit towards that ten year sentence three hundred and five days served with his like house arrests and all of that, so he gets almost an entire year knocked off the ten years.
Speaker 3: That ain't saying much. I mean that's good.
Speaker 2: It's better than doing the whole ten, but still gonna have to do like what seven eight seven, So.
Speaker 4: That behavior, So that's the that's the rule.
Speaker 5: Well, he'll get eighty five percent into ten years and then he'll knock off for a year for the Navy, so he have about seven years left.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well he is going to request a bail pending on appeal. Of course, you know they're going to appeal, but most likely that is not going to be granted.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think they declined him the first time he tried, right, sure, did.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 4: I mean, good luck, Tory Lanes. I wish you nothing but the best.
Speaker 5: You not really but you know, saying cliche stuff and no, freist know she don't feel that praying for you.
Speaker 3: It'll be okay.
Speaker 7: I didn't not expect him to get ten years. I will say that I was surprised you got that much.
Speaker 2: Hey man, Consequences have actions, agreed, No, that's not how it goes. Consequences have repercussions. No, there's consequences to your actions. That's what I was trying to say.
Speaker 4: Cause as an effect.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's consequences to your actions. That's what That's what I was trying to say. Okay, yes, all right.
Speaker 5: Well that was the rumor report. We got the People's Choice mix coming up as the Breakfast Club good morning. Let's go the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Audible pick of the day is Snoop Doggs from the Streets to the Sweets. Here's snoops Journey from the Streets to the Long Beach, the hip hop legend. Listen when you sign up for a free trial at audible dot com, slash Snoop only.
Speaker 5: Everybody is stej Envy Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have a Roxy Romeo here. She's our guest, our special guests. You're driving back to Philly. You staying out here?
Speaker 4: Well, I still got one more day, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Now, you're coming back tomorrow. You stayed out here for the No, no, no.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely not driving back.
Speaker 6: No, I do nod like it's a six hour divers Yeah, but two hours.
Speaker 4: Two and a half hours to drive come now?
Speaker 3: No, no, don't you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean you would have to get up at two in the morning, exactly. I came.
Speaker 7: I came yesterday evening, yep, and I will be leaving tomorrow.
Speaker 6: So what you're doing in the city today?
Speaker 3: Anything?
Speaker 4: I have no idea what should I do?
Speaker 2: There's not much to do you know you can go do you can go to the Brooklyn the brook the Library to go see the Bookerholes.
Speaker 7: So I have family visiting from Trinidad right now, and so I think we're gonna come back to New York for a whole weekend and we're gonna include that.
Speaker 4: So that's why I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Right now, Okay, Okay. See that's also why New York needs more things to do. That's why I hope that jay Z and Rock Nation get granted the license for the casino, because then there will be a lot more to do in the middle of Times Square, because it's not just gonna be the casino in you know, the middle of Times Square.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be other things there, you know, I mean, it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be other like how we talked about, you know, what if the forty forty was in the casino or what if there was a comedy club in Like, there's other things that's going to be in the casino, that's right.
Speaker 3: So what do you.
Speaker 4: Guys, you don't do anything while I mean while you're in the city.
Speaker 6: What are you different?
Speaker 15: Fun?
Speaker 9: You see you eat?
Speaker 5: But I mean I usually got kids with me, so if you had the kids with me, I'll tell you go to American Dream where they got the rides and roller coasters in the water park.
Speaker 4: I feel like really really big mall.
Speaker 5: Yes it is, and it's like maybe what ten minutes away, fifteen minutes through the bit through the timings, a lot of stuff for kids out. You know, I go with the kids, but you know, if it's day night, it's usually movie or play, take the wife out, go roller skating.
Speaker 6: Like we just do cool, corny stuff that we love.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how it's really nothing to do in New York City.
Speaker 7: And I can't even imagine that, Like when you think of New York. When I think of New York, like and from the times that I visited, it just has like this crazy, crazy energy that you don't get anywhere else.
Speaker 4: And the city is alive.
Speaker 3: I believe that. I believe the energy is still there. City's there, Like I was.
Speaker 5: I was in the city all this weekend and it was a lot of people are out and about the energy was there. It's just I don't really see as much things like there used to be a lot of stuff for us to do. There's the ice cream spot where my kids love to go where they show like the making of candy and ice cream, which is really cool. All the kids love it. There's a lot of little things that kids. If you were with the kids, that would take me. But you know, it is what it is. But when we come back, Positive Notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 6: It's dj n.
Speaker 5: V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host Roxy. I know, but now it's time for Positive No Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to tell everybody to man Monks Corner, South Carolina, make sure that you join me this Saturday. I'll be doing my annual back to school giveaway and fish fry. Okay, so I'll be giving away backpacks and school supplies and we have a fish fry. So it's free backpacks and school supplies, free food, free haircuts and yeah, I'll be there from twelve to three pm at the Berkeley High School student parking lot, fall six West Main Street and Monst Corner, South Carolina. You know how we do it every year, man, So I'll see you out there this weekend.
Speaker 3: All right now, the.
Speaker 2: Positive Notice this The secret to being wrong isn't to avoid being wrong. The secret is being willing to be wrong, and the secret is also realizing that.
Speaker 3: Wrong isn't fatal.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm saying that because I was wrong about Earl Spence beating Terrence Crow.
Speaker 3: Have a nice day, breakfast club bitches. Y'all finished or y'all done.