Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: I have never done this before, but I just want to give my personal like what I actually did today in the last couple of years. Yeah, I made some I've been making moves. So how I look at it is this. Hey, before I tell you what I'm personally invested in, I want to just give them my philosophy on it. If you study boxing, you know the number one rule of boxing is to protect yourself at all times. And one thing that you know, Connor McGregor said, when he thought Floyd Mayweather was at the end of the fight, he said that, you know, Floyd wasn't really that strong.
Speaker 3: You know, Floyd's not a power puncher. He's not really that strong. He said.
Speaker 2: Floyd wasn't really that fast. He's older, so he lost he lost some speed, he said, but he's composed. That was the I don't think a lot of people really fully appreciated that comment. Composure is more than anything. Composure actually can beat speed, power, all of that. He's he said, he's composed. So I say that to say my number two rules of investing is to protect yourself at all times and stay composed. And I learned from people that have a lot more money than me. Mark Cuban, you know, when he spoke to us and he told us that you have to protect Once you have money, you have to protect it and humble when he said, uh, you only have to get rich ones. Yeah, So I'm a I'm a defensive investor. I've been a bear in my whole life, not just in investing. I'm just a bear period. I'm always a pestimist and everything. That's just how you know, my brain works. So I'm only really have like five stocks on my on my watch list right now, Apple, XLK, xl Y, Microsoft, QQQ.
Speaker 3: SPY vt I. I guess that's actually six.
Speaker 2: So how I looked at it was like Apples one eighty two was the high was one eighty two. They won fifty nine around that time, so it's like twelve percent off. I personally think that Apple, that's I'm not comfortable buying right now. For Apple, I think it can probably get lower in like the one forty ranges. So I waited on that. XLK fifteen percent off of is high. It's not a It wasn't a bad buying, I don't think. But I'm already kind of heavily weighted in tech, so I didn't jump on that. Xli is interesting. I wanted to up my position at xly for a long time. Xly we talked about that. The reason why I like Xli is that it does have tech exposure in it, but it also has it has other companies that's not just technology companies. It has Starbucks, it has loads, it has home Depot, and so you know, when I saw it at eighteen percent off of its all time high, I thought that was a good time to actually add some money in Microsoft, a company that I wanted to actually add. I wanted to have an add on my position for Microsoft for long, so I've been waiting. I've been waiting for Microsoft for a very long period of time. When you see a company like Microsoft almost down twenty percent from its all time high in the two eighty range, I think you have to start to put some money in now.
Speaker 3: Like Choy said, don't.
Speaker 2: Necessarily have to load the whole boat, but you know, I definitely put some money. It's not something that you know, if it goes lower, I'm not going to be mad at it. Like you know, when you look at something almost sixty dollars off of it's all time high, a company like Microsoft, it's an opportunity to start adding to your position. So I added to Microsoft. Checkq is is another one that you know I have a strong position in. But I just didn't feel comforable putting money in QQQ right now, because you know, I already have a lot of tech. I just kind of went over that SPY and VT I. I've been putting money in those and that's for diversification standpoint.
Speaker 3: That's more of a safe bet. You really can't go wrong with that.
Speaker 2: It's not really a time for me to put money into option contracts right now because I feel how I look at with the options is that I have a substantial amount of money and options right now. If things go right, I'll make a lot of money. If things go wrong, I won't. It won't like kill you, it won't kill me. But it's not It can't be greedy. Can't be greedy. So if it if it bottoms out and it goes lower and it gets a position where I feel like, you know, it's a no brainer. If Apple goes to like one forty, then you know, I might look at some long term option calls close to the money, close to the money long term. Once again, me personally, and I can only speak about my personal philosophy and where I'm at in life. If I was younger and I needed I needed to make a lot more money on investments, I might take more risks, but I don't necessarily need that right now. And preservation of capital is extremely important to me. So this is my this is my thought process. Like, if I can get sixty seventy one hundred percent, I'm okay with that. Don't necessarily need to get a thousand percent because you start to look at the risk reward ratio show and once you start to understand how money works, if I can turn over, you know, one hundred percent on an on going basis, you know that that's a lot of money down the line. So that's why the options I'm not I'm not really rushing into option contracts right now. But like I said, if keep some money on the sidelines, if there's an opportunity that you know, I just can't miss, then I'm gonna go full full fledged with a couple. But I'm only looking at those. And then one other thing before I finished. The reason why I'm only looking at those that I just named is once again, safety first. Yes, Zoom is down sixty three percent, almost that fifty two week low. Touch it, but let me let me just finish. So people might get tempted with that, people might get tempted with Netflix. People might Yeah, you could always potentially make more money on a more riskier play, but once again, it's the risk for ward ratio I liked.
Speaker 3: I'd rather go.
Speaker 2: With something that I'm not going to lose money on, Like the number one rule to invest in is don't lose. So everybody's risk appetite is different. But I'm not in investing to lose money. I'm in investing to actually make money, preserve the money that I've already made. So my risk for ward ratio in my brain is to say, Okay, zoom could potentially if it just goes up crazy, I can make a lot of money, but it's also a very high risk situation right now. Would rather go with something that I know is gonna you know stand that's the time. And it's just like sports, when you get down, you go with your start players, Like I played basketball my whole time life. When you're down by twenty, you don't put the seventh man off the bench in the game you recover, you put the star players in. You gotta go with your care when when you're down, you go with your You go with your core players that have been there, that's proven, that's going to get you to the victory. You don't bench Tom Brady in overtime or.
Speaker 4: Cut Antonio Brown when they need when you need.
Speaker 3: A slot receiver.
Speaker 2: So that's that's that's my that's my personal playbook. That's some of the moves that I made today.
Speaker 5: I feel compelled because I was busy. I feel I'll share a few then let's let's do that. So like you again, obviously we have some similar investments. But over the past, I say, in the past three weeks or so, obviously wouldn't and astec having a correction. I've decided to go more into having shares, and so I know one of the things I've been saying on Market money is for the past two years is that we want to start our own club. We want to make it like the forty forty of investment. And so I said, let's do a thousand shares and one hundred doors. And so I hope everybody's been still doing that. I got to my thousand shares.
Speaker 6: Of app welcome to the club. Yeah, so I got a nuge of Derek clap it up for Troy. Appreciate that, Troy. Shout out to Taylor Man.
Speaker 5: We had a great conversation a young man from our neighborhood and he's really diving in it into investment and we had this whole conversation about Apple when it got up to one eighty three. And this episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 6: It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring.
Speaker 5: To safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member fdiic.
Speaker 7: Erners.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like, the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even.
Speaker 6: One of our merch partners.
Speaker 5: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 7: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 8: It was the new game day, scratches from the California Lottery players, everything. Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 7: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 8: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game that's off of now.
Speaker 9: Coach, one more question play the new Los Angeles Chargers San Francisco forty nine ers and Los Angeles Rams scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace may responsibily must be eighteen years or older to purchase plate or claim.
Speaker 6: So I'm just wait. I send the text message. I said, it's gonna pull back.
Speaker 5: Let's look at it in that one fifty to one fifty five range, just based on the percentage I was looking at. And it hit one fifty five and I sent them the text message right on time. And so I grabbed some shares at Apple today that got me to my thousand Microsoft Like I said, Uh, And it's crazy because we were Lawrence was on the chat today with the earnest and as he's talking about Microsoft, I'm actually persting, and we looked at the same exact thing, and we had put it in the two hundred EMA and we looked at how often does Microsoft trade below is two hundred EMA?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: The last time I did it was exactly, you know. And so when you look at it, if you look at it's two hundred.
Speaker 2: Move but it's ten thousand people on YouTube shots, everybody shout. Somebody might not know what the EMA is.
Speaker 5: What's so it's estimate moving average, so over the two hundred days span, especially so the last time it was March twenty third, twenty twenties. This is right in the right during the pandemic, like the height of everything shutting down.
Speaker 6: And so that was the last time I did it.
Speaker 5: And it finally did it like on Friday, and I was like, all right, well, maybe it still has some moves to move down, and it actually did.
Speaker 6: It got down to two seventy seven.
Speaker 5: And so once I did two seventy seven, I was like, oh yeah, gotta grab some share.
Speaker 6: So I grabbed some shares at that number.
Speaker 5: I hit a few shares, and look where it closed today, right at his two hundred, right at two ninety six.
Speaker 6: So right, it got right back up to his two hundred day moving average. So that was a great play. Facebook.
Speaker 5: Another one that you know already have some option calls on it for out to twenty twenty four, like long term leaps. But I saw the stock the equity, I'm like, look, I wanted under three hundred.
Speaker 6: It got down to two ninety. No brainer.
Speaker 5: If I loved it at three hundred, I have to love it at two ninety. And so I grabbed some shares there and in video, oh mine video, I had my price point under two nineteen and to see it go down to two eleven again. If I loved it at two nineteen, of course I have to love it at two eleven. So I grabbed some shares there. I actually uh invested in uh was it VT? I think I got some vt I shares I added to the custodia account for the kids. And so this is what I'm saying. When people are very fearful, like they looked at the fair and Greed Index, right that was remember those that was one of those early episodes, and we were like, look at the fair and Greed Index. It'll tell you what the market is thinking. The fair and Greed index is at thirteen right now. Everybody's fearful. And we told you when people are fearful, that's when we see opportunities. And so these are some of the opportunities that I saw today and decided to act upon. I'm sure there'll be someone tomorrow, but you gotta you gotta be active. You gotta know like this is a this is a time, right. If you loved it at one number, you got to love it at the next one.
Speaker 4: I want to stress this really quick. Please write this down because this is a scholarship. Vo A vt I, Apple, Microsoft. If you choose to dbate, the losses will be a lot heavier. So I know some of you got but vo A vtr Apple Microsoft. And one of the reasons I love Apple. If you go look at the top apps Zoom TikTok, Disney Plus, you you Instagram, Facebook, Snap, Messenger, Gmail, cash App, Amazon, Netflix, Google, Maps, Door that they get a percentage of all those businesses. Why are you not invested in them? So you stick with the plan because all the money going back to the marketing point consistency. If you keep switching out positions, you're going to end up in a lot of trouble. For those you looking to do option, do not do an optional Apple until it gets till one thirty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it has it has to be something. And one time I guess one more.
Speaker 5: I had one more, so there was there was one more and it didn't I had a limit order on it, and that was CrowdStrike because again it had the number that I had like exactly, so it had the number that I liked, and so I put the limit on. But the problem was when I put it in, I think it was like at like three fifteen. By the time the market had started to turn around, and so it started trending back up. And I'm like, oh, all right, so that's one that I'll have to look at tomorrow.
Speaker 6: But that's what it is.
Speaker 5: Man, When when need type of situations where it is a correction, especially in an astect, even inn SMP itself, Nope, get your point, get your target point right, and stick with it.
Speaker 6: Well, y y'all did all the work.
Speaker 5: Y'all waited for it to get to a number, and then it got to the numbers, Like wait, should I do it?
Speaker 2: And one thing I'm shot to jadakids. One thing that he said early on is focus what I'm focused on, what I'm invested in. And that's something that I always remember that line for my whole entire life. I don't talk about a lot of stocks because I'm not invested in them. I'm not focused in them. I'm focused on what I'm invested in. So I never invested in Amazon. That's why I don't really talk about Amazon. But I want to ask you about Amazon, I don't I never invested in Disney, I never invested in a lot of these companies. That's why I don't talk about it. You don't need a lot of companies to get rich. You just need to focus on a few. I focused when I'm when I'm invested in. One last thing about these options. Once again, everybody's option strategy is different. Just be careful because, like I said, I never lost money on a long term close I iver lost money on long term in the money option or close to the money option.
Speaker 3: Stop gambling, I know I want to chase nine hundred percent. Stop gambling.
Speaker 2: You get out of the money, far out of the money. You can hurt yourself. And don't get fooled by social media. They say the average Black families networth is like twenty five hundred dollars something like that. So my thing is this. If you're on social media and everybody's a market genius, they all of a sudden they posted twenty fifteen they make money on puts when the market goes down short term options. If everybody's making money, who's poor. If everybody's rich, who's poor?
Speaker 4: And here's here's a quick test. Ask them how much they have and then literally ask me, hey seen me some money? Shout out to everybody in stock club. I was supposed to get cash ups to you guys have been saying cash ups. If you got them, put your in chat asks them to seving some money. That's a real test to though. Everyone's talking. If you want to steal my entire strategy, go to inanel that reveals the hitting the secrets of investing article I did, I think in twenty sixteen or seven and rolling out take my entire ship.
Speaker 3: Let's see who's really winning?
Speaker 6: Because man, same thing A shoty.
Speaker 4: I was quiet today, Yo, I ain't see that any posts, no talk about hedgend where was it at?
Speaker 3: No? But that's how I love though.
Speaker 2: But that's not a lot, but it's it's actually now, it's actually out of love. God, I know that's our culture, even hip hop. You talk about you talk about things before you have it. That's always been part of our culture, like to speak things into existence. I respect that on a certain level with it, sometimes not in lion of Yeah, sometimes you gotta tell the truth.
Speaker 3: Just sometimes you gotta tell the truth.
Speaker 2: And like I said, if everybody's making money, who's losing money?
Speaker 6: Who listens?
Speaker 4: My dad's been doing construction probably since ninety one, if I wanted to, I can call him and take every tip from him and put it on social I never do it because those of you that actually do construction, when I say two by four instead of four by four, you're gonna be like he is a fucking fraud. Stay in your lane, master your craft. Then all the riches are there because which I don't want you to do. That's what happened with Elizabeth Thairknos and other people who have destroyed their brand. You can jump out there too early, and once a flux of people don't trust you, no matter what business you go in, they'll never do to business you again.
Speaker 2: My graduates from my school being forced bad drop.
Speaker 3: Bag drop Mike, drop back, drop drops.
Speaker 7: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 8: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery players, everything. Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 7: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 8: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game. That's all for now, Coach.
Speaker 9: One more question play than New Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine ers and Los ange wiless ram scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day face play responsibly. Must be eighteen years or older to purchase play or claim