Speaker 1: Welcome to Serial Killers. Let's go live from the Farmland Fresh Dairy Studios.
Speaker 2: This is Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Today is Monday, April eighth. I am Scottie Bee and joining me all the way from England. Spencer came back just for this. Come on, I'm very excited for this. Andrew, of course couldn't be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I didn't believe you all the time when you say that. You know, he just doesn't come into this thing anymore. But yeah, today, I don't know excided not to join us. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Look, we were having a problem sinking our schedules up. He's got other podcasts, he's got important things. I like to record immediately after the big show because I don't want to spend my entire day here. He schedules things right after the big show, so he does spend his entire day here. And so we're gonna have to figure things out better. But for now, I'm glad you're here. Thank you for stopping by. Thank your mom Danielle brought you in today. So now you've got stuff to do, all right, So let's get started. We're live from the well, we're not live. I'm sorry, we're recording this, you know, a week or two in advance, but whatever, it's the Farmland Fresh Dairy Studio. Thank you again to our friends at Farmland Fresh Dairies for providing our fridge and our milk that we use on this show. So we're gonna go, let's go right into it, and we're gonna go new first sounds. Okay, we did one of these last week. This is new in the Kellogg's line of extra cereals. This is the very expensive ten dollars box of cereal. Okay, I still am not quite.
Speaker 2: Sure dollar of cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's small, it is small, Yeah, I mean it's twenty ounces, it's a it's over it's almost a pound and a half of cereal. But it's just because it's it's heavy, you know. But so last week we did Kellogg's Extra Cinnamon, and this is crispy Clusters with almond. Allergic to anything.
Speaker 2: Diamond, You're all good, all right?
Speaker 1: So this one, and we didn't really understand the adjectives last time around, because this is delicately crispy clusters, extra indulgent, extra dreamy, and extra luscious, Like luscious really does not apply to cereal.
Speaker 2: I thought, that's something that maybe they just talking about how it looks looks luscious.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I guess, yeah, well let's check it out. So this is a for our friend Matt. He sent us into us. This is actually the second box that he sent us because his first box. I gotta, I gotta stop it down for a second. Because our friend Matt, he's this dude, he's a he's an amazing listener. He's constantly scouring the supermarket and sending a cereal. So he'll send us these big boxes like that box back there. He'll send us these big boxes of cereal. And that box got lost in the post office, so he was devastating.
Speaker 2: Does he know he just brings you all cereals that he knows that you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he checks in, he checks and make sure we haven't had him. But that box got lost and then was found. But in the meantime, he sent us all the same cereals. So this dude spent like sixty bucks on cereals. But oh my god, look how massive these clusters are. So these basically are like granola bars. Yeah yeah, these are grandola bars that are gonna cut your mouth up because they're just broken apart, so there's definitely a bunch of slivered almonds in there. I feel like these giant clusters are not supposed to be because most of the other box are pretty they're pretty normal sized. Here, switch cups to me because I don't want I don't want you to bust yourself up. You're an athlete. I don't want you to mess.
Speaker 2: Up here, you know, fair enough? Yeah, got to watch it.
Speaker 1: How's how's the football going on?
Speaker 2: It's going going pretty good. My team just played Liverpool the other day. That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Now where are you in? Uh? In mith least? Okay?
Speaker 2: So like so like like the like the talent level, like like where.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I know, I mean geography, like I don't know. I don't know England at all, Like yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's in the middle, but it's a bit north of like what the center of England would be. So it's a it's close to Manchester, which is like northwest, and it's not too far away from Liverpool, but it's like about three hours north of London.
Speaker 1: The only dude I ever knew from England was my camp counselor from Manchester, and he was a huge, huge, football, Manchester United. Everything right, right, right, right, So back to the farm fresh Cary's fridge today. We're using organic whole milk, all right, with Calfes prominence. You're okay with all good? All right, you're a growing boy still yep.
Speaker 2: Part of my every day diet. It's all good.
Speaker 1: So and do you drink milk over there? Is it the same kind of thing? Is it different? Is it?
Speaker 2: Well, it's just like they don't like if you ask them like skim milk for some reason, which makes no sense to me because it's a difference of two letters. If you don't tell them skim skim milk.
Speaker 1: Yes, they don't know what you're talking about, skimmed milk.
Speaker 2: Which makes no sense because I ask for skim milk and they're like, sorry, milk, that's what they're talking about, skimmed milk.
Speaker 1: Like what I guess because they've skimmed the fat off.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: And that's what they call it. And they don't even call it skim milk here anymore. Here, it's just fat free.
Speaker 2: Milk, right, I did see that the other day.
Speaker 1: They changed a couple of years back. All right, So here we go. It's Kellogg's extra cereal almond all right, giant clusters. Yeah, I mean it's good, but again, this is basically just eating a granola bar and milk. So it take like you smacked up her Nature Valley granola bar, put it in a cup and put the milk in it. That's really what this is.
Speaker 2: I agree. I mean, you know the tubs of like granola chunks that you can get, Yeah, that's a litterally what it is.
Speaker 1: It's almost hard to eat because the pieces are so big and so crunchy. Yeah, and I'm poking.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't mind it, but yeah, you got you have to chew it up a bit, otherwise you're getting pricked in the back of your throat with you know, just the random clusters.
Speaker 1: Look. I like it. It's kind of weird that it's a cereal. I don't know why it's ten dollars for the box. It's nothing special. It's really not all that. Look lushes, I'm gonna give it three bowls in a spoon. It's good, but it's nothing extra.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna agree. Three bowls on a spoon. Yeah, it's not It's not terrible. I would eat honestly, it's something easy. I would eat it and in the morning or first snack if I needed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would eat this plane. I would throw this in a little zip hoop bag. Yeah, take it out. It is a good thing. Yeah all right. So we have another good cereal friend. His name is Ramirez. Okay, he sends us tough. Also, this box came to us a couple of months ago, and I thought it was really interesting. This is another Oh actually, hold on, I have to play something here. Oh sorry, muh.
Speaker 2: Cerial killers in.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you why, because I'm pretty sure that this is from Mexico. Really, this is Kellogg's Extra also, so in Mexico they have a whole line of extra cereals, also quite different from the ones that we have here. This one is red velvet, so I mean that looks insane. So Kellogg's Extra Collection subor red Velvet, which is red velvet flavor. It is a limited edition. Again, lots of calories and lots of sugar. That's what these two stock signs mean.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: And it is a product of I never seen that before.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all the Latin American cereals have that on this So this says a product of Latin America. It is made in Mexico. Right, so the cereal is from Mexico and it looks insane. There are I can't really read what it says, but there's there's red velvet flakes along with like the cream cheese frosting type flakes and white chocolate chips of some sort. So this is going to be pretty good. So I'm need to shake this up. Where are my shaking jingles? Oh man, I'm so here. Let's do this one. This is the problem. See, so Ramira sends of cereals. He takes the bags out of the boxes and he flattens the boxes. Otherwise it doesn't fit in the boxes. I mean the bag is sealed. I'm just gonna shake.
Speaker 2: It this leg otherwise it just almost flew out.
Speaker 1: So the flakes are insanely red. There's mostly red flakes in here, a few white of the cream cheese frosting flakes and some chocolate chips.
Speaker 2: But nice.
Speaker 1: So it smells great, sounds good. Had anything like this again, this is not I don't really believe that this is breakfast though. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Like cornflake looking though, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It's got lots of flakes. It's got some definitely red dye of some sort on these flakes. Farmland Fresh Dairy's whole organic milk, thank.
Speaker 2: You, yep, Answood. That's fun.
Speaker 1: The milk is already to like. The milk instantly is pink and then and then red. Wow. It is really really really pink.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can see that if you're watching on YouTube. It's gonna spill all over the word.
Speaker 2: I just shook it for five seconds. It's pure pink.
Speaker 1: It looks like I'm color blind.
Speaker 2: I can tell that you are a color blind.
Speaker 1: It looks like strawberry quick, the kind that you used to make when you were kidding. The powder. Let's see what this is all about. It's got an overpowering something. You're right.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say that is powerful.
Speaker 1: My goodness, I don't know what. I can't even really describe the taste.
Speaker 2: It's a kid, a young kid. I would have absolutely loved this. It just jumps out at you immediately.
Speaker 1: The flakes are very frosted flake essen that I mean, they feel like frosted flakes. You don't taste like them, but they feel like the milk is insane. The milk the milk. Is this thick, pink good.
Speaker 2: I've never had anything like this. This is this is the strongest cereal I've ever had.
Speaker 1: This is crazy. I don't taste anything even close to red velvet because red velvet basically is just chocolate cake with creams is frosting colored red. I'm trying to find a chip to see what the chips taste like. Man, these are just weird. I'm gonna try the milk.
Speaker 2: See this rating It would be different depending on what kind of people you're talking to.
Speaker 1: You know, well, any of these would, right. I just this is a very strange combination for me. Is I'm gonna give it two bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: See, I actually don't mind it. I like it quite a bit, So I'm gonna say four bowls. I think it's it's good. It tastes good. But you know, the people that don't like really really sweet and strong stuff there, you're not gonna like it. It's my dad would hate this. Wo be the worst thing my day could ever.
Speaker 1: So I just had one of the chips and it just basically tastes like a white chocolate chip that you would bake cookies with. This is just a weird come home. I mean it's a great idea. I don't think that it was executed properly, and quite honestly, I don't even know where or if you can find this cereal anymore. But it's interesting, is I'm gonna give it. I'm gonna give it that. Yeah. So it's middle of the road for me. Two bowls and the spoon, four bowls for you, and we will be back right after this.
Speaker 2: Hi. I'm Wilfrid Brimley and I've had diabetes for about twenty years.
Speaker 1: Edward back, nice, So again, Scotty be here. This is Serial Killers, the podcast where we talk about cereal. We eat it, we rate it, We let you know whether you should try it or not, even if you can't get it like this last one that's only available in Mexico. And Spencer's on board filling in for Andrew today. Thank you, Spencer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Now I got a big giant box from General Mills. So now that we are a cool cereal podcast and we are on their mailing list, the periodically send us new products that they have. Very excited for it. There's a bunch of stuff in there from Annie's and from Nature Valley and from Betty Crocker, and they also was a box of Springtime Tricks. So this is the Spring edition Tricks. It's all flower shapes. I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same thing. Yeah, I mean every once in a while companies will just put out different shapes or forms of the same serial just like there's also Reese's Puffs Bunnies in there as well, you know, for Easter that's coming up. Tastes the same, different shape. But let's do it, because you know what I checked back at serial KILLERSPC dot com. We never had a Trick Spring edition before we've been We've had many different tricks. Do you know? Do you know Spencer that the very very first Serial Killers episode number one, tricks?
Speaker 2: Was it tricks? It was true, I remember, I look, I listened to the episode probably four times. I remember it was. It was. It was a very it was a good episode. I mean it was the beginning. But I remember the first one I remember was the strawberry banana whatever you had. I think it was frosted flake. That was like the earliest one that I remember.
Speaker 1: The very first episode was Tricks and Banana cream.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what it was. No no, no, that was what it was. Banana cream fross the play.
Speaker 1: And back then we only did two cereals per episode. We've graduated to three and we are now well over one thousand cereals, which is just insane. It is insane crazy. So it smells like tricks. Yeah. Oh they are little flowers with uh just dumped it all over the warp. So they're multi colored. Each each one is a different color with the green little green center. Yep.
Speaker 2: And it looks like normal tricks, just like you said, flower shaped.
Speaker 1: I've been pretty consistent with my tricks ratings.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I went back and looked, and we've had the only the only variations of regular tricks we've had is tricks, and then we've had tricks Miniskay, which you can still find in stories. The other ones all had marshmallows and were slightly different flavors and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Trick, so minis how much smaller can they get? In this?
Speaker 1: They were little?
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They were almost like ice cream topping.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, fair enough, So here.
Speaker 1: We go tricks ring addition, it's tricks. Yeah, I mean, there's really not much else you can say about it.
Speaker 2: It's straight tricks.
Speaker 1: It's got your fruity tricks flavor. Yeah, and it's strange. So the consistency of the pieces are a little bit different because they're flatter than the actual the balls are usually. But I still like it. I'm going to give it my normal three balls in this boom. Yeah, it's not as as as far as the fruity cereals go. I apologize general mills, but fruity pebbles is always top of the top of them. It's top of the game for me. But these are good three balls.
Speaker 2: These are good. I mean, like you said, though, that the flat shape changes it a bit. I mean just because I feel like the ball shape it was just I don't know, like filled up with the milk more.
Speaker 1: Yes, it gives you a little bit more.
Speaker 2: So I would prefer the balls over this one. Okay, yeah, wait watch in there. But but no, I say, uh, Let'll say three balls.
Speaker 1: In a spoon. Spoon, So you prefer the balls to the flowers. It's good to know. It's good to know, right anyway, Thank you so much. That was a spectacular episode of Serial Killers. Please follow us in all socials at serial Killers PC. Check out the website, Serial KILLERSPC dot com. You can see all our ratings, all the history, lots of other fun stuff, and we probably still have a T shirt or two available there promising you that merch is on the way. We haven't even figured any of it out or looked at it or checked anything out, but Andrew keeps hounding me. We're gonna do some merch. We're gonna do a merch line. Maybe balls or have or something like that. Cereal bowls, refrigerator, magnets, whatever. Do people put magnets on their fridges anymore?
Speaker 2: I don't know if there are there still fridges that like, because my fridge.
Speaker 1: You can't mind either, stainless steel, they don't stick. Yeah, it's not the only The only refrigerator that I have magnets on is the old crappy one in the garage, because what people do is once they take the crappy one out of the kitchen and they put it in the garage, that's the magnet refrigerator because they don't stick to the newer one. I don't know, we'll find something, all right. Well, thank you so much, until we see you next time. Thank you again, Spencer for sitting in you again. Say Crunch, my friend, Crunch, very good, nice, no fighting though.
Speaker 2: No no fighting people miss that. But we can argue if you want.
Speaker 1: I don't have good.
Speaker 2: You gotta pick a topic.