Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: Free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's slice time for Brooklyn Boys episode number two eighty eight. Got some feedback coming up. I'm excited for this one, Brody, because me too. You let me in a lot of controversial stuff, and you let a.
Speaker 1: Brick fall on the last one. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Oh about the threesome, I didn't have Wow, you let a.
Speaker 1: Brick fall out of your wall. I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brody had almost had a three until Spruce reminded me of it. I completely shunned it, blocked it out of my mind. It's a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's looking back at it. I have to be honest with you. Haven't stopped thinking about it since we recorded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but didn't think.
Speaker 4: About it for a while, don't know, fifteen years whatever.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, if you if she's stumbling upon us for the first time, just know that this is not the main Brooklyn Boys podcast. Check out one of our episodes and then go back to zero and start from there. And and you know, but this is with the companion episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the episode about the episode.
Speaker 2: Right, it's the man, right, that's the man behind the man. No, it's you're right, it's the episode about the episode.
Speaker 4: If you listen like Talking Dead that used to come on after Walking the Walking Dead. Yeah, they would sit around and talk about the episode they just watched.
Speaker 2: Or it's like Andy Cohen's watch what Happens Live, you know, if you watch the reality Housewives of all those cities, you know, and then they talk about it, you know. So anyway, so this is but this is off the show. It's like, right, but this is for you. This is for the slices. You guys, get them the slices. It's from the slices. The show is about you, and it's it's it's all from you. It's no original content from us for this next hour.
Speaker 4: Their name is in the title. Yeah, it's in the jingle. It tells you all about it.
Speaker 2: If you listen on this the app, the iHeartRadio app, there's a microphone there. That's the place that you could comment. Press the button, leave us a comment. Please make it brief. Please try not to do five in a row like some of these people you're about to hear.
Speaker 4: Unless they're fantastic Oh, by the way, the trucker is trying very hard to out himself again. He's got an account in the Brooklyn Boys fan page on Facebook called Benjamin Dover again is Bendover and he's putting up a number of videos. Now here's the thing. I go watch them. Everybody's sending me clips. I can't tell if he's filming the videos. Well, he's taking videos that people aren't in, like first person POV videos and just revoicing them. So I don't know if he's in Florida, Hawaii, this palm trees, you know. Anyway, whatever, it's all good if you want to remain anonymous. Feel first two unravels, Feel free. Yeah, all right, So it's from episode two eighty seven. Mister height is mister right.
Speaker 6: New York here too, armchair diagnose Scary.
Speaker 7: I believe that Skeary has to hang up about twelve guys because he was rejected for being too short.
Speaker 3: But actually I realized I have no idea how's all scary is. So I don't know if the steery checks out or not.
Speaker 1: No, it won't.
Speaker 4: No, won't because I'm five to eleven and I never had I didn't never had like any issues about my height. I never felt self conscious about myself except that your five ten and a half and you you round it up to eleven. Either way depends on the sneakers that I'm wearing for that day. Yeah, I don't think that counts.
Speaker 8: Rachel from New York would like a really nice looking six foot guy, kind of like Goldilocks, sweet spot right in the middle.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, we can never be together while you're close.
Speaker 9: And listening to the Slice time and it just made me think about that bottle cap situation, the water bottles. I don't think there's any anything to it because I've seen all different colors with all different brands and it's the same crap. But something interting that I learned over last passover. I'm Italian Catholic, but over the last pass was that, uh, sodas with yellow caps door in Passover have real sugar. Vinnie from Brooklyn Again, sorry about the part too, but uh so if you go look at Pepsi and Coca Cola during the passover season, they'll have a yellow cap on it. Yes, it is a hundred times better. It's like the Mexican cokes where they use real cane sugar. Instead of hyph fructos con serra.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 9: I was told that it was because it's a kosher or whatever it is. But I don't know if that can exact reason. But it is a Passover thing because they do have uh.
Speaker 1: He continues, He continues, he cannot contain himself.
Speaker 9: Vinnie from Brooklyn again, different topics.
Speaker 4: He's a boy.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well let's comment on that topic first.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, when it's not koshifa passed over, I believe the word is gubrucht.
Speaker 3: There is.
Speaker 4: So again, everyone who knows anything about Passover knows that we eat matza because the Jews didn't have time for the bread to rise when they when they ran out of Egypt, right when Moses freed the slaves, and have time for the bread in the morning to rise, so they ate flat bread that that cooked in the sun on their backs.
Speaker 1: Whatever. So we eat matza. Okay.
Speaker 4: However, certain sects of Judaism take that to an extreme and won't eat anything that rises at all. Some people feel that corn rises. That corn is.
Speaker 1: It falls. I'm not gonna get.
Speaker 4: Technical or religious on you go look it up, but corn falls under the things you're not supposed to eat during passover. I don't remember exactly why, but has to do it rising or puffing up when it cooks. And so corn syrup obviously has corn in it, got it. That's why there's no corn syrup, which we would that I understand.
Speaker 2: And then the pure cane sugar thing is probably the lesser of two evils anyway, because it's sugar.
Speaker 1: Shake cane sugar well yea yeah, whereas where's coke? Colon?
Speaker 2: All the soft drinks that you drink, most of them are just high fruitose corn syrup anyway, But when you can get that, you know, in Mexico they use pure cane sugar because they don't use high fruitose corn syrup.
Speaker 4: It's a legal over there. So that's why would you say you want a Mexican coke. That's the coke in the glass bottle. It's got pure cane sugar on it. Same I'm gonna look, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna look for the yellow cap brody because I like my pure cane sugar over the corn syrup.
Speaker 4: But by the way, I now eat a Heinz ketchup. It's simply I don't use high fructose cornshup. And by the way, Vinnie from Brooklyn, thank you for letting us all know that you warn't Jewish. I was leaning that you thought you might be when you first said you were.
Speaker 1: Vinie from Brooklyn, Vinnie from Brooklyn.
Speaker 9: Again, different topic, but I agree with theory. Shopping is a relaxing thing. I do it every Friday Saturday to get away from my and four kids. I love to go to shop right by myself. I spend my time in there, look around like Scotti b does.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And the gen Alpha problem and gen Z problem is the parents, not so much the kids as that they weren't taught. And unfortunately that's us gen x's and millennials.
Speaker 1: I have a good one, all right.
Speaker 4: I like Scary Gooes shopping to get away from his stack of papers. He has no wife and four kids. Yeah, but it's still relaxing to me.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey Brooklyn boys, I've got the voice of reason here outside of Philly.
Speaker 12: This is cheezy.
Speaker 11: Got two comments one, Brody, when you went out for the steak dinner, I'm sure each time there must have been at least a tip that was probably one hundred dollars each.
Speaker 1: One hundred dollars. Boogy Places probably.
Speaker 11: Came to two hundred dollars in tips, So scary covered you scary. As far as gift cards, it's the same as cash. If I gave you a hundred dollars cash and said had dinner, and you used it, you wouldn't split that with the table.
Speaker 2: So that means if I use that gift card on Brody's steak dinner, it counts.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right for.
Speaker 4: The record, Just to clarify, he left a tip on the first dinner of one hundred dollars, which is not even close to what the dinner costs. The second dinner that you're referencing was split among a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: We've been on this a thousand times. Listen to the old episodes. You'll hear all this. That's it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, hey, fucking boys, Jamie from Queen's here, Jamie from Queens. What you guys said about my top chelf, booze, half priced drinks, scamboo anything really was interesting.
Speaker 14: It never occurred to me that maybe they put in the cheap shit saying it was top shelf.
Speaker 13: I always thought they saw a couple of twenty something girls getting half price drinks and figured we'd be too drunk. To by the end of the night to realize we didn't get a discount.
Speaker 14: So thank you so much for enlightening me.
Speaker 1: Guys, you're welcome. Jamie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got screwed twice, Jamie from Queens.
Speaker 1: Hey, scary. I've got a bone to pick with you.
Speaker 15: How come now that the Slashes are calling you out on your crying about a measly eight dollars parking when you just spend all kinds of money on an extravagant vacation where you probably spent the whole time basketing and post malons left behind.
Speaker 16: Love stank You now say it's about principle.
Speaker 1: You know, I believe that.
Speaker 15: When we were arguing the whole Brody a dollar six fiesco, Brody argued that it was about principle, and a bunch of us, including yourself, we're not buying that from Brody and proceeded to label him as a check baster, although he's only being careful with his money. And so you turn into Brody and saying it's.
Speaker 16: About principle, right, Brody, You, sir, are nothing but a flip flopper, and you're beginning to be somewhat of a curmudgeon in your old age.
Speaker 1: And that is why I'm proceeding to label.
Speaker 15: You as a cheap boogie flip flopping master that is not careful with his money.
Speaker 1: It sir, maybe that needs to be one of our new shirts. He's got a point. He's got cheap flip flop and.
Speaker 3: Booy bastard, scary and Brody Brody and scary sc Roady the knee from Connecticut here, Brody, I absolutely agree with you, mate, I thank you. Dad from Omaha. Trucker Guy is definitely Juan Valdez finished last week. He sounded very identical to one. I'm starting to think he has more character personas than Nick Foley.
Speaker 2: No, he's the he's the trucker guy. Chad from Omaha is the trucker guy that we just heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what, not not second week in a row that this guy came on after the trucker. I'm thinking this guy might be Chad and the trucker.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be a plot twist?
Speaker 5: Brooking boys, GEO Rockland County has been a while, all right, I gotta I gotta say it again.
Speaker 3: This guy we gotta stop.
Speaker 5: Enough is enough. He's got one episode he's shown.
Speaker 17: For shining I don't know whatever, and then the other fucking guy from the Bronx. Enough enough, enough enough, please keep it to two three maximum Steve.
Speaker 2: For the Bronx's Yeah, Joe's wrapping County.
Speaker 18: That was episode two eighty six. Slice time. Thank you, Peace out boys, peace brooking boys. This is Nick from Washington State. Hey, listen up, everybody slices. This is the public service announcement.
Speaker 17: Be fucking nice to each other, don't be rude and ship we're watching.
Speaker 3: We're listening to the same show. We love this ship.
Speaker 5: It's like a fucking drug that we can't get enough.
Speaker 18: So yeah, don't be mean and don't be saying some fucked up ship to each other.
Speaker 3: Come on, eat, ain't right. I know your mama told you better.
Speaker 4: All right, Public service announcem and coming in. He's got a point. We should not be cursing each other out, you know, spread.
Speaker 19: The bunk as Steve from the Bronx. You don't want the smoke. Baby, I live in the Bronx now and in your hood. Come at me, Maddie from Brooklyn in the last one over there, string a sentence together, properly. Get your grammar up homey see what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, you can't we can't wait? How are they in a roll like this? We don't pick the order, We don't know. That's it's chronological.
Speaker 19: And to be clear, no Brooklyn girl is scared of a punk ass Bronx dude. This is Maddie again. If you couldn't tell, all.
Speaker 1: Right, already I'm afraid of her and she's not even mad.
Speaker 2: We just had a public service announcement that they gated the last one.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 20: Brody over there, Rock and Stee from the Bronx.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I got a little hardsh on.
Speaker 3: I apologize, but nothing.
Speaker 20: And also I want to say to Maddie who shouting me out, go fuck yourself and love Maddie in the fire. The fact that it would both go okay, you have your opinion.
Speaker 1: I mind my opinion the full Let's be nice. It's not what this was supposed to turn into.
Speaker 4: You don't want Maddie smoke, and I love how he comes in right after Maddie.
Speaker 1: Wait, maybe Steve Rock and Steve is Maddie for the Bronx.
Speaker 4: Guys, guys, it's all all it's all love.
Speaker 1: It's all love here, what are we doing it. Oh my god.
Speaker 11: Hey, this is Gina here outside of Philadelphia, and I disagree with you, Scary. I did not like the tall guy who is not as handsome as a shorter guy who is.
Speaker 1: Good looking, sure enough, So can you lose on that one.
Speaker 11: That's like saying a man will take a skinny woman that needs a bag over her head over a woman that maybe's got an extra ten pounds but is gorgeous looking. So are you taking the bag over the head? Scary?
Speaker 1: Let us know not answering this all right?
Speaker 21: Continuing, Yeah, Reggie, here some advice for everybody.
Speaker 14: Movie theater.
Speaker 21: Popcorn, drinks, candy all way overpriced, way overpriced. Don't buy any of that stuff. Just go to the theater. Wait a couple minutes into the movie, people drop stuff. You can go around the floor and suck up more than you could ever afford to buy. Snack it light up the floor.
Speaker 4: That's a good point, A money saving tip from Reggie. Thank you, Reggie.
Speaker 22: Hey, Brodie, this is this Katie from Cleveland. I am a thousand percent with you about the nurse practitioner acting unprofessional and not telling you numbers. It is imperative that people know what their numbers are because all doctors and labs have different ranges, and functional medicine doctors and naturopaths actually have more narrow ranges so that they catch things a lot sooner than conventional doctors.
Speaker 1: Yeah that thank you.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One if my primary care physicians says, well how was you blood pressure?
Speaker 1: When they checked up? They said it was good.
Speaker 22: That doesn't transfer you, guys. Katie from Cleveland again, heyao. This TikTok thing just fyi. I was told by people in the IT industry when all that election fraud or whatever came up. China can just access stuff from Facebook and any other American social media So whether it's TikTok or Facebook, China can still access it, so it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 4: Well, the difference is that Facebook can regulate if they choose to what people post and how they post. We can't regulate TikTok. That's the issue. Again, not giving an opinion, just tell you what this is.
Speaker 23: Back again, Katie from Cleveland again. Sorry, yeah, talk thing. I was listening to some XCIA person and he said it's not possible for TikTok to be sold to the US because I don't know just however, it's structured or however it functions, it's not possible. I don't know if that's true, but that's just what he said.
Speaker 4: Unless you're not really a CIA agent. There has been some concern that the company cannot sell to an American, but that doesn't mean they can't sell to a different foreign nation or a different rich person from other country.
Speaker 24: As always, it's broady with scary Tim from Youngstown.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 14: Why the fuck would you want to get rid of TikTok.
Speaker 25: You're fucking advertising for doctor fat Loss.
Speaker 1: You are making money off of it.
Speaker 14: Use your head.
Speaker 1: What the fuck are they going to use with the information with doctor fat Loss? It might actually help you.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I don't use TikTok as much as I use Instagram. I don't regardless.
Speaker 1: Did you call?
Speaker 4: Did you tell him to mention doctor fat Loss?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 2: In fact, I'm secretly smiling from ear to ear right now because I get away with you. Yeah, he got three mentions exactly. That guy fell into my trap, he repeated, what trap?
Speaker 1: The trap?
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it the trap of me mentioning right a sponsor. Thank you so much. I appreciate you, Thank you so much. One more person.
Speaker 4: At least I know Tim from from No Tim, I love nobody else from Youngstown. If somebody else calls and they're like, oh, this is Mike from Alaska, I want to talk to you about the Slowman shield. Anybody in your clients you mentioned, Thank you, Brody. See, I don't have to play.
Speaker 1: I'm allowed.
Speaker 4: I get paid anything from your sponsor. You just you just I need sponsors. Somebody sponsored me, gave my sponsor away. I have an announcement of another another thing you can buy to support me on the next Brooklyn Boys. I got another thing coming out, a small thing coming out. So I was the one to picture that.
Speaker 21: I have to fast forward through this lifetime jingle because it gets stuck in my head.
Speaker 14: And you said, you know it's.
Speaker 21: A good parody when like, the parody lyrics are what you hear. That is true of every single parody you've ever done. I never hear the lyrics of the real song, and I'm shocked when the real song is playing and I'm like, what they got the words wrong?
Speaker 4: No, see, that's great. That's the ultimate compliment. That really is thank you, all right, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, that looks like these are now starting for number two eighty eight, Two Girls, one schmuck.
Speaker 26: Hey, Brooklyn Boys. Jamie from Queen's Here, scary story about the ladies on the plane reminded me of the story from my dad. My dad once was coming back from Club med and these three douchebag guys didn't plan properly and relate for the plane. They showed up in their bathing suits. We're giving the slide attendant a hard time. So as they're changing in the back of the plane, the slight attendant says, I'm the loud speaker and in the back there are three full moons for everyone to look at.
Speaker 1: Hi all, but I'm bold. All right, that's a lack of play. Thank you Jamie for Queens Round, applause for the joke. Appreciate you. You'll break that the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 10: We will be right back.
Speaker 1: I'm liking these Slice times. Yeah, these are pretty good.
Speaker 4: Good so far, good talkbacks guys, But ayet next.
Speaker 27: Hey Brooklyn Boys, Slice for Life, Sean for Newton here. Oh my god, I am so glad for Bruce being back here and Spruce being able to go back to Brooklyn via my job and having Allenb's Round slize for the first time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this has made my perfection. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Continue No, no, oh he's round slice. Yes, you go there for the Sicilian the square. The round is classic. Yeah, but it's not why they're they're legendary. It's the Listen.
Speaker 2: The round is great, but you could get just as you could get the same quality awesome slice and another slice shop it was.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 4: It's though you can't get this acilia, but you cannot for the three places that rip them off.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I'm still partial to the square. You gotta have the square.
Speaker 4: But if you can get a square pie, you get one round sliced to for the right home.
Speaker 12: Hey, abrickam boys, it's Maryland from Omaha. I'm listening to episode to eighty eighth.
Speaker 6: Oh and you guys are talking about spruce and it occurred to me.
Speaker 12: You know, Scary is just channeling.
Speaker 6: iHeart John from the the DC Baltimore, Maryland A John, he says, my man all the time.
Speaker 12: It has nothing to do with Ian Black or anything. I'm just sticking up for Scary. Love you guys.
Speaker 1: Awesome. We're gonna have to get John on the show to defend me as well.
Speaker 4: Intern John filled in a couple of times as my co host on Walkers and Talkers and little known fact, I helped John get the job in Washington, d C. I'm very very proud of him. But he a man's like everyone, you're right, but scary. Only my man's people of color. That's nothing that okay, that's not true. You have never walked up to a white guy, went my man, Harold.
Speaker 1: In fact, you know what?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 2: Now, John, you oh Brody a steak dinner because he got you a job in DC.
Speaker 4: Can I can I tell you something? I'll tell you quick story and it's not funny, but it's true.
Speaker 18: So uh.
Speaker 4: Back in the day, uh, it used to be the Cane Show. Caine was a friend and Caine's boss Mark, who became our boss and see one hundred, reached out to me and said, hey, Cain and I would like help finding a sidekick, a guy who's fun and funny and do videos and he's good on social media. And I recommend it Intern John, and they loved him. Then they got in touch with me again and it said we need a female co host and Kine said to me, well listen, Kine said to me. If you get me another, if you get me a female cost I will take you to a five star steak dinner, the best dinner you ever had. Yep, so I got him. I recommended Danny from Minnesota. They hired Danny, so now I've submitted half of his show, and unfortunately Kane is no longer with us. I never got Mistake Dinner, so I've had no luck with people buying Mistake dinners.
Speaker 14: Hey, Brooklyn Boys Seamy from Queens again. Scary?
Speaker 7: Do you listen to Brodie when he speaks, because you're making it seem like Brodie's cheesecake factory experience wasn't bad enough to get a gift card when it sounds like the woman was telling Brody that they weren't going to give out a gift card period at all. So I don't think he would have gotten a gift card from that woman, no matter how bad his experience was.
Speaker 1: Then No, But then what were you fighting for, Brody?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: I mean not? If not if not a gift card, you were fighting for a gift card where you're not missing a point, you're missing a point.
Speaker 4: The woman on the phone told me, we don't give gift cards to anybody. And you said my problem wasn't big enough for a gift card. Jamie's pointing out you didn't hear me.
Speaker 2: No, because because if you hadn't big enough a gift, if you had a big enough problem, you would have gotten a gift card. That's the woman on the phone was telling you a lie. Well, I'm gonna you don't give it. You don't give gift cards out to anybody. Is a bullshit line, and you know it. And Jamie knows this.
Speaker 4: Why is why I'm gonna call back. But I told you I don't think this. This particular woman would have given me a gift card matter what I said, No, I'll get somebody else on the phone.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying was if you, if you had a big enough issue, a gift card would have appeared. What I'm telling you is what you what you were complaining about did not rise to the level of them admitting that they actually give gift cards out.
Speaker 4: It did the way I told the story. Anyway, next call hey you.
Speaker 6: Brooklyn boys, this is Maryland from Omaha. I wanted to say, scary. You know when you go, my man, you're just channeling in turn John from the Maryland area.
Speaker 12: I Heeart radio show.
Speaker 6: It's it's all good. And then Brody, Yes, Yes, if you just simply opened the emergency door on the airplane.
Speaker 12: That would be doing good.
Speaker 6: You would be fulfilling your duty. And I love MJ from NJ. I love what she says.
Speaker 12: She's so smart.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you. She is absolutely right. That was her second talk back of the same comment. Right, but but part Twoly didn't think the first part.
Speaker 1: Of you know, that's a quest, that's all right?
Speaker 4: Part two was classic you're nowhere. You're nowhere in jan Valdez territory of leaving seven talkbacks right rock and Steve has not threatened you yet, believing the same Messagewice Bertie.
Speaker 28: In episode two thirty eight, you're talking to us about how you had a Facebook marketplace customer go to your house to pick something up and and she said that she was a fan of yours. And she said, you don't understand you're a freaking rock star. And I tweeted you and quoted her saying you don't understand you're a freaking rock star. And then I put episode number two forty eight. So my height as five foot and I liked tell guys but I don't think that i'd ever date a guy that was more than like six foot. It just there's a point where they're too tall and I just can't reach them when I have to kiss them fair enough.
Speaker 4: Oh, she continued, By the way, you got to leave your name. I know you're Patty because it figured out from your tweet.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there's four more in a row. Here we go, Patty, Bertie.
Speaker 28: I agree with you. I think that kids should respect adults, and if a child is sitting in the front seat and an adult goes up to the car, the child should automatically sit in the back seats because.
Speaker 10: The adult would sit in the front seat.
Speaker 28: It's just out of respect. Yeah, that's just the way it is. And some people just don't teach their kids how to properly respect adults anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, agreed, These kids today cage today, get off my lawn.
Speaker 10: Scary.
Speaker 28: It was nice to me that you let your friend and his wife sleep in your bed. I would have if I had your money, I would have either gone out and bought a new mattress to replace the old one, or I would just buy new sheets and burn the old ones. But it was kind of funny that you decided not to change the sheets before he and his wife slept in them, so he ended up sleeping on dirty sheets exactly.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we do this all the time where we don't buy any mattresses, and it's called a hotel.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Think of the thousands and thousands of people that you have looked on a hotel mattress. They don't change the mattress after every person. I mean, the change about that time it changed the sheet?
Speaker 4: How about that time you and I and most of the morning show stayed in the same hotel room. Yeah, one after the other. Yeah, we can only hold you the same shower.
Speaker 1: Yep. What was it? Which hotel was out? I forgot, they're out of business.
Speaker 4: It was the Chamberlain.
Speaker 1: It was the Chamberlain, the chamber the chamber hotel, whatever, gone, they're gone now. Anyway, I wasn't last you were. It wasn't either. He sure hasn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 28: Bertie, what was that rule that you had that if you're going to correct somebody, you better make sure that you're right. And in one of the talkbacks I sent, I said to Scary that he should buy thirty dollars worth of food, and I should buy one hundred dollars worth of food, and then we should divide it up in sixty five dollars each, and Reggie decided to correct me. And Reggie decided to correct me, and she heard me wrong, and she thought I said sixty dollars worth of food for Scary and one hundred dollars worth of food for me, And.
Speaker 14: That's not right.
Speaker 28: And if Reggie wasn't so busy licking blood off of toilet seats, maybe she would have heard me right.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, good point there.
Speaker 28: Who decided to complain because I sent a lot of talkbacks. I don't give a shit, and nobody said anything when Juan Valdes decided to send nine consecutive talkbacks.
Speaker 4: Good point, Patty, that was five. But you never said your name, so I'm here for you.
Speaker 24: Replied to girl complaining about the drink prices at the Hookah bar. If you ordered off the menu, which it sounds like you did, it comes with the liquor included that stated under the menu. If you don't want a top shelf liquor, then you gotta say house, house margarita, house martini, whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go to the well to val valid point yep, go to the well there.
Speaker 28: That's crazy that they charged you twenty five dollars for jar of peanut butter. But it's really crazy that you didn't catch it before you left the store. And I understand the principle of charging you eight dollars to park.
Speaker 1: That is stupid.
Speaker 28: And in a small town that I live in, none of the stores charge any of their customers to park. But at the same time, you have an eight million dollar system, you can afford.
Speaker 2: Eight Yeah, see, just because I can afford it. Right, when I pull up at the valet, if I have a more expensive car than Brody's ship box, do I have to pay more at the valet?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Do I have to pay more valet at the valet? Yes? Do I have to?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 2: You have to tid war. By the way, they're doing the same circle washed. It's about the service washed.
Speaker 4: When you get your call washed, they did they stop you and go nice car man?
Speaker 1: Always No, No, they don't. Yeah, they do.
Speaker 4: I washed my call today. Two people stop me.
Speaker 1: Nice call. No.
Speaker 2: But my point is they're performing a service, and you're tipping on the service. Right, So yeah, But you want to your nice car. If if Brodie's getting the same service as I.
Speaker 1: Am mine, Wait, wait a minute, wait a minute, waitit wait.
Speaker 4: So if somebody brings you a burger a Applebee's, you give them the same tip as someone who brings you a steak at a steakhouse. They're just bringing a plate of food.
Speaker 2: No, because it's different, it's more, it costs more, not to the waiter. In that case you have to tip. In that case you tip on the price of the food. Well, then you're tipping on the price of the car. M No, wrong, but nope, Nah, there's why.
Speaker 4: Should Why should a way to bringing a plate of food in one place get less money than a way of bringing a plate of food another place?
Speaker 1: If it's the same, use it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's an interesting analogy. But you're trying to say, now I'm trying to incur the cause because I I have a more expensive car. Then let's say the next car right then, which means you wanted to be extra careful, extra careful. I don't know, I just it's a double standard. Wow, I think we found a double standard. I mean, I agree with I agree with you, but I.
Speaker 4: That's some read I can sleep tonight. No, but this is bringing up on the big show tomorrow. And make that analogy. Make that same analogy. Yeah, and say say Brody says, well, if it's the same service, then a guy bringing you a play to steak is the same as guy bringing you a burger or a woman not a play a woman, a woman bringing a burger. It's the same service. They both go to get your drink and both contender opens up, a bartender opens up a corona. Just go it gives you a bottle. You give him a dollar, right, I.
Speaker 2: Give it whatever, the problem whatever, at twenty percent of whatever that cost.
Speaker 4: All right, So the bottle's eight dollars, right, so you give him a dollar sixty for going like this whatever. Okay, But if a waitress in red Robin goes and goes all in the back and gets your soda. It comes all the way back with your soda, you don't give a what give a shit? You get nothing on a soda. Well, bartender does no work. I mean barten is working, but no, no, it's the price.
Speaker 2: The price in the soda is is going to be factored in the end of the at.
Speaker 1: The bill, at the end of the meal.
Speaker 4: So you're tipping twenty percent, given the soda girl fifteen percent on a three dollar soda. You're giving the guy fifteen percent on a bottle of beer he opened up like I think. I think the better analogy would be the bottle of beer sitting at the bar and they go and they handed you that versus a let's say, in New York City, very expensive cocktails are twenty twenty five dollars.
Speaker 1: So a twenty twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Mixed cocktail that they give you and you have I find myself tipping twenty percent on the cocktail as well.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, what if the waitress brings it over. You're sitting down and you order a cock.
Speaker 1: Same thing twenty percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the bartender doesn't get that bontonner gets tipped down, Like no, they split it.
Speaker 1: You what you think they do?
Speaker 2: They don't know what the percentage contenders have to be tipped out by the waitresses.
Speaker 4: I would like to see you tip people are at the theme rest.
Speaker 1: It interesting. This isn't the booking boys though, this is slice time. Okay, should we should explore this? You should explore this because it is a double standard. You're one hundred percent right, Brodie, Do.
Speaker 28: You really just compare an airplanes door falling off and risking somebody dying he did over a lie at the cheesecake factory. Scary is right, You're comparing apples to oranges exactly.
Speaker 1: Either way, it's fruit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brodie has a flair for the dramatic. I don't even remember what I said. It was you made some ludicrous analogy and tried to like just to fit your argument to make yourself sound that it sounds about right.
Speaker 4: That sounds about right. I don't remember what I said.
Speaker 29: That's scary Todays from CT just want to let you know two eighty eight and two eighty seven are the funniest podcast you guys have done in a while. Between What's Scary, Calls Not Black Less and my Boys Bruce or I should.
Speaker 21: Say my Mood my mood.
Speaker 29: Those were just I am still I preplayed them twice now that's how funny they are.
Speaker 1: Mike, you guys are fantastic.
Speaker 29: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I really needed that. You can't wait to get my shirt?
Speaker 2: Fuck deal still sitting here by the way on my couch. Yeah, let me let's let's address that really quickly before we move we have to well, you don't want to sit the box. And finally the box has finally made it to my apartment, the box of all of your orders. I'm sitting here staring at all of them in bags okay, stacks of sure stacks and stacks okay, stacks on stacks on stacks. Tomorrow, maybe Thursday, I will sign it. We're gonna have a sign a dual signing. Brody's gonna come over my house and we're gonna do them all at once, and we're gonna ship him out. We're on the hook now, Brody, we're on the clock. You go to Thursday, Well maybe Thursday night. How about tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Figure it out. Tomorrow's Wednesday. Do it for the slices, bro.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe tomorrow, late tomorrow. We'll figure it out. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: Come over to my house. Did you buy? Did you buy? Did you buy the silver pen?
Speaker 2: I'll even buy you. Yes, I'll even have a Diet Coke no ice waiting for you, the one year old Diet Coke no the one yellow. The last time I give you the yellow cap.
Speaker 1: I don't want sugar.
Speaker 4: It's the diet coke.
Speaker 14: MJSJ. You've got to have spruce back on again.
Speaker 30: Laughter. I was cracking up. I almost peed myself again. I'm doing my walk.
Speaker 14: Oh my god. I love him.
Speaker 30: You gotta you gotta get him back more often. And Brody, you're not going to get any credit. I'm sorry. Now, maybe you will, but yep, it really sucks. I hope you get it all right?
Speaker 14: Bye?
Speaker 1: Get what?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 1: What I get credit for?
Speaker 4: What did they get credit for?
Speaker 1: She didn't? Oh you know what? There was no context there.
Speaker 4: Oh, remind me of the Brooklyn Boys to talk about something that I never get credit for, but I finally got credit for it. Oh, really, something I did twenty years ago. Okay that everybody knows it and no one knows I wrote it. O.
Speaker 30: Hey, Brooklyn boys, I don't know if it's recording, but aback the aes PN thing for me.
Speaker 14: They're not your record keepers.
Speaker 30: They want you to be responsible for your own looking at your statement that you've been charged. But I still would complain to Verizon because they are the ones that were supposed to cancel it.
Speaker 14: I hope you do get a credit. I don't.
Speaker 30: Maybe you won't. I don't know, and maybe you will, but keep trying. Okay, love you guys, thank you, love you too.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry this is the last one.
Speaker 30: Okay, So about the Verizon thing, it's really they are fauld Okay, they.
Speaker 14: Got millions of dollars.
Speaker 30: They dropped the bag. You Okay, they really were supposed to cancel it. But then again, as a customer, you're supposed to pay attention to your statements and things like that. But I would, you know, probably call corporate Verizon, did billionaires please?
Speaker 14: That's to be a mistake. They dropped the ball. They were supposed to drop that ESPN all.
Speaker 23: Right, bye, I should have her call for me.
Speaker 24: Oh my favor. God, I'm John from Texas. We're just sitting here in a bar right now. Just thought about y'all or well you, I guess selling them full table on Facebook. If you sell it for me, there's ten percent year away. Look me up j O N S E A W R I GHD on Facebook Slice for Life.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: He definitely mulled that over over a few beers. Yeah, I'm glad he's thinking about me. I can't sell it for you because I don't know when you're home and have them pick it up. All right, I have to coordinate your schedule I.
Speaker 1: Brody is our very own task rabbit. Not a bad game.
Speaker 4: You're sitting here at a bar in Texas thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I didn't thought that was going somewhere else.
Speaker 4: By the way, come on, oh wait, this person is on speakerphone from twenty towy.
Speaker 31: This is nig Oh my goodness. Eighty eight thouars for subscription. Come on, David Brody. I don't know what happens. You're usually still good about this ship eighty eight. You can pay whole food, parking lot eleven times Scarry trips. But anyways, I feel free. I actually feel free. I'm a nerve stidic. This is fucking I'm noxious. This is why I hate those.
Speaker 24: This is nick again.
Speaker 31: Yeah, this is why I fucking hate those free subscription options from Horizon or whatever, because then you have to do it with Horizon or Apple Tea or Netflix, and I hate that shit. It's like it's like they want you to forget about that, of course, for entire fucking year, yes, god damn it. And the guests prices for all those spid subscriptions. Here's what you do began, all you, hey listeners, no fucking tips. The fident with this also just wanted to see quickly. I fucking hate Cheescape Factory and their model how they deal with plus worst. For some reason, the Cheescape Factory in Washington State, they just it's like they don't give a shit if you fucking die in front of their restaurant.
Speaker 1: I correct, Yeah, they definitely should give you something.
Speaker 3: Greater and brody love you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Whenever I sign up for like three free months of Apple Music or something, or I immediately go to my phone, I put a reminder in two weeks to get to cancel and one week away, and I cancel a week beforehand. This way I'm done. I don't ever like anyone who's ever created plot or complete, anyone who's ever created an app with a reoccurring payment structure in it will tell you it is a gold mine.
Speaker 2: It is to get that keeps on giving because they are banking on you forgetting to cancel, and they just they just run up the score. They really do, because they most people do forget to cancel or it's just being charged in the background.
Speaker 1: Facts. I know that I know some app I know some app creators.
Speaker 4: And they haven't start an OnlyFans page give like the first three months free, and then the second month is because chances are you'll forget by the time you catch up with It's like, you know the gym membership that runs that keeps going auto auto pay, and then you stop going to the gym.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: I mean I can't imagine that. I can't imagine starting so, let alone running.
Speaker 25: Room boys that Alice from Philly listening to a scary flubb over himself trying to explain why Less gets all the white girls in the bar and to talk about tall Darren is just like so cringe and watching him dig dig dig himself deeper into a hole always prodine theory.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with that.
Speaker 4: I just don't want to say the wrong thing. That's why I had to be very careful about my words. The verbal landmine.
Speaker 1: Hey Hi, Yeah, I mean you know what you doing. Yeah, we don't do it.
Speaker 2: We don't edit here. We're like as if we're live on a radio show. We're used to doing live. That's why we don't edit. Our friends a Serial Killers kudos to them, they don't edit either.
Speaker 4: They're all live. They just make sure that they don't edit. Because Scotty wants to show Andrew made a mistake.
Speaker 1: No, but it's true. We like to just go with the flock.
Speaker 4: If Scotty made a mistake, he'd edited, but no, yeah, we just let it run.
Speaker 1: We let it roll.
Speaker 2: So I have to be careful about what I say because I know that I'm not going to go back and edit it in post.
Speaker 4: Because you're lazy.
Speaker 10: No, hey, scary. I agree with you. I read labels, and it takes me.
Speaker 32: I could spend two hours in a grocery store as well, because it takes a long time to read those labels and make sure you're not getting all those extra sugars and preservatives and all those things that are making us all unhealthy and fat and obese and with chronic diseases.
Speaker 10: So I agree with you. Takes a long time. And I also enjoy being in the grocery store, especially when I go to other countries. It's really fun to see.
Speaker 22: What they have.
Speaker 1: Everything this woman just said is absolutely true. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite talk back of the week because, honestly, you know why, because she's being real there, and she's she actually read and there's she read up on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's put it that way.
Speaker 4: There's all kinds of things speak. You talk about this on the podcast. This entire country is keeping us fat, They're making us hif file At is changing their no hormone policy.
Speaker 2: Yep, you're They're allowed to have hormones in their chicken from here on out right non.
Speaker 4: Human affecting hormones.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this country makes sense. Though I read it makes sense if you just read the headline.
Speaker 2: You're like, what, these big companies are not regulated, they're on the take, and they are poisoning us.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's on the take from who the poison people know. I don't want to get into this. I don't want to get it. I'm just telling you they're poisoning us. There's no restrictions on their ship.
Speaker 2: And the bigger the company, the bigger the company, the more they get away with them. I don't want to call out brand names and call out huge corporations.
Speaker 1: Because they could be sponsors of us not going someday. Right, But it's true. No, but it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the podcast, they're the funding, they're the GoFundMe that may keep our podcast running for years. But the truth is, I mean, unfortunately, that's the way it works. She's so right, look into what she's saying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Hey, guys, this is Katie from Cleveland. This is about the verbal for sitting in the emergency row. Bulgarians actually have just the opposite meaning for headshakes our yes headshake means no to them, and are no means yes to them, So maybe that's why they need the verbal.
Speaker 1: Wow, didn't know that Brody's googling it? No one, I can't fucking believe it. Scary Jones brought home the jingles.
Speaker 3: Oh this is Dustin from upstate North Carolina.
Speaker 1: You keep thinking that Dustin?
Speaker 7: Hey, Stacy from PA Slice for Life Brody and Scary Great Herring screwce today on episode two eighty eight.
Speaker 4: Loved it, We agree, Thank you, thanks for the feedback.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'll let him know.
Speaker 24: Hey, Brody is scary monacam here this is your weekly reminder.
Speaker 9: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Congratul fucking license Scary for bringing the jingles home. Hey, you're welcome.
Speaker 24: Mary. You know you could play Brody's teake dinner updates.
Speaker 9: Sorry I don't know how to sing. Okay, god, you get the points?
Speaker 4: Is that what is requesting Brody steak innerrupt? Hold on, No, he's a question all the jingles you didn't bring home.
Speaker 1: No, he wants.
Speaker 4: Curb your enthusiasm the whole time. He never played it. Hold on, hold on here we got home.
Speaker 1: There is a jingle step oh great now Rock and Steve is gonna get pissed. Hey, there's a jingle for you. Hold on a second. That's it.
Speaker 4: You had that jingle.
Speaker 1: No I did it. I brought on the jingles. You heard the man you have play Listen and order playlessen and order by the Pearl Jam parody perfect cooking Boys. Thank you for your talkbags. We love you. Slices. You're ending the show. That's it. Reactions what it pends on you.
Speaker 4: Baby Scary Jones is a big liar.
Speaker 1: That's all we had for this week. Thanks for your participation.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you've never left the device, you never left a slice time talk back. Get in on the action. We know so many people, we see the downloads. There's thousands of you out there.
Speaker 4: Let's hear some new voices on the statement.
Speaker 1: How about some new voices on the next one and old ones? We still like the old ones? Yeah, I know I did two. Let's get some new voices. That's all I got for you.
Speaker 4: By the way Chad from Mamaha didn't call us we no, And why about that ES didn't call?
Speaker 1: Why are we still talking? The jingle's over?
Speaker 19: Why?
Speaker 1: Why are we still talking?
Speaker 4: Can't hear the jingle jingles all over the jingle because I left a minute of instrumental