Speaker 1: Media.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all, how much a dialar costs?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: So today I want to talk about two leadership approaches that I giggle because again, these are one of these moments that just truly, I think validate my point what I want to do with this podcast, because I say it many times, I glaze over when you start talking about the economy because the math, just the numbers just don't make sense to me, and the charts don't make sense to me because I just it feels so much more simple than the way for which it's being explained to me, as if I am missing something, and a lot of times I might be, because I'm like, I'm not factoring in a lot of the complications on it. But if you can disentangle all that stuff, it's just like, oh wait, I do understand this. Now. We've called these episodes on economics. If you're new to the show, we have these series that we pop in every once in a while call how Much a Dollar Costs? And it's named after a Kendrick song on The Pimp a Butterfly. But the idea is, I feel like when you say it like that, it actually makes sense now that like not how much is a dollar worth, but how much does a dollar cost? Meaning what is it going to take me to get this dollar now? And the concept of the song, it's like it's gonna comes to your life because at this point you were holding onto this dollar. In the concept of the song, you hold it on to this dollar and not willing to give it to this person. So because you weren't willing to give it, give this just one dollar to this person, your life will be taking as the concept of the song anyway, in a way to understand economics and economic policy is when you went to work, right, if you think about it like this, if you made fifteen dollars an hour, that fifteen dollars, how much did it cost you? What cost you not only the hour of work and labor you did, but also the years it took or months it took to get the skills to get that job, the travel time to and from, the time away from your family, you know, and away from other things you would be pursuing. So that fifteen dollars cost you more than just that hour. It cost you all it took to be able to get the job. To get that hour, that's how much a dollar costs, right, how much that's the investment? Or if you were buying a house, Let's just say, let's be real white kyla about it. You know I'm saying you buying a house, you buy a house for it. Let's be absolutely foolish. So you bought the house for a four hundred thousand dollars, held on to it, flipped it, you sold it for eight hundred thousand. Did you make eight hundred thousand dollars? No, you made four hundred thousand dollars. How much did that four hundred thousand dollars cost you? It cost you four hundred thousand because that's how much you spent on the first one. Unless you invested more into the house to make it better, then it might have cost you that extra four hundred thousand dollars cost you five hundred thousand dollars because you put one hundred thousand dollars extra into it. You following me, how much does your dollars cost? That's why we call these shows this how much a dollar cost? Now we're gonna talk today about bullies, and why I say that is because at the end of the day, if you gonna go get your money, if you gonna run these streets, if you gonna run this lunch room, if you're gonna run this breakroom, if you're gonna run this criminal hood, whatever you're gonna do, if you're gonna run this at whatever you're doing, if you gonna be a shot caller. Man, the homie Jojo just did. Dommy followed Jojo. I had him on here before you know he blood down there, And in Daego he was commenting on YG's thing he did up in Compton, the Piru piece walk if you all know what that is. Basically like YG the Rapper did sort of a peace walk in Compton among all of the bloods down there to try to install some peace. I'm telling you, we've been real lit since the Kenney of Friends pop out, like really trying to see maybe if we could see this city different. And so he did this peace walk up there in Compton where all these different like you know, blood sets, like all got together to be like, yo, let's be better for the community now. Jojo was like, Yo, you think we could do this? In Daego and the dude he was in an interview and was like nah, And he was like why not? Because because we don't have no shot callers like that. We don't have no one person down here that could organize everybody enough where all these sets is gonna listen to this one dude to do that? Does that make sense? He's like, we just don't have that. Now, how do you become that one person? It's what I'm gonna talk about. There's you bully your way, either you do it or crash out, or you finesse it. Man, let me put you on game, like, let me set you up a situation you feel me like, like you finesse your way or you hammer your way. But either way it's an executive action. So I want to talk about Kamala and Trump's economic plans, the hammer or the finesser the politics, y'all? All right? I give this example the way that I give it for a very particular reason, which I'm about to explain after. It's like the bull look is like this bull look is like this what ut traveling this week? So coffee in the hotel on the New News, Big week, first and probably only debate between the two presidential candidates are happening this week. We're gonna be watching very close, doing a whole lot of eye rolls. If I'm the strategist for either of them, it's very simple. It is your job to define the other person. It's my job to define my opponent for the audience. So I'm gonna tell you that this lady is too liberal, or I'm gonna tell you that this man done lost his mind. When it comes to the substance, they move it too fast. There's no way in the world you're gonna get a good answer. In other news, to a surprise by nobody, Temple, Dave Rubin, and a bunch of these right wing dudes have zero antennas as to whether they being hustled or not. Them Brothers one hundred kre episode from something called the Tennessee Holdings. She was almost obviously a Russian back media group for them to do episodes for Russian talking points. The only reason we know it's Temple and most possibly Dave Rubing is because one you can line up the episodes with the view counts, with the number of subscribers, and the absolute foolishness they talking.
Speaker 3: About this man Tempole beating the table. Ukraine's our enemy. We owe ourson apology fam. Them Brothers did zero due.
Speaker 2: Diligence as to whoever sent them that money for that. But you know they victims, They victims, They four hundred thousand dollars victims because they've been hoodwinked, bamboozled. Run am up the State of New York Mayor's office. They had a lady in there working for the Chinese government. She was being paid by salted duck that she was given to her mama. Because you can't get it. You can't get it here. And here's the thing I feel you. I live in la born and raised my mama from Washington, DC. We can't get the Chesapeake Bay crabs if I can get you to send me some of them things. We can't get the crab cakes like we could. But I go visit Grandma now surprised by no one, And it's not like America ain't guilty. Of course, there's disinformation being disseminated in our social media sphere, but the approaches are different. China just don't want us to like us period. Russia want us to stay out their business. And finally, to continue the metamorphosis of Drake into draw rule, Kendrick is headlining the Super Bowl. At this point, Kendrick must feel omni present to Drake, bigger than what the man even sneaked this the boy in the commercial talking about ain't no round two, you get one shot to win the championship. The Compton kid has completely cracked the code. Drake gonna have to go to North Korea to escape Kendrick's presence. Like now, there is something to be said that you in New Orleans and Wayne ain't running it. It a little messy with Wayne and Drake. But I'll tell you what if Wayne come out during Kendrick's performance, this is what will teach you you always loyal to your sword like this, all right, we're back now. What you and I may have learned up until you know these modern times, as in like the last like year or two, is this motif around Democrat, Republican, conservative liberals, right, just like you might be under the impression that to navigate la hoods is just look for red and blues. That's just no, it's it's your team hats like and you need a guide, like the rules have changed. Don't don't come here. Don't be no Houston Astros fan unless you from Hoover Street like you don't, so you need a guide that's to have to understand which baseball, which basketball is college team. Don't be don't be no Tario fan, no buddy. Your safeest hat is your LA Dodgers hat. That's it, and it better be just a black and white one. Just listen or just don't rep your team. The narrative being told to us is the conservatives are better with money and the Liberals are really willing to spend small government big government. What those two things mean is like big government means you set up programs and institutions ran by the government to fill the gaps in the culture where there's inequalities and inequities, where there's where there's a lack of resources and services. That the idea that the government provides it like yo, I got you on the small all government side is like no, no, no, no no, let them handle it. Like what we do, what we're supposed to do, is just make sure the system works. But you put the money in they hands and they handle it. They gonna they they know what they need, right and if you work hard, you know what I'm saying, Like, you spend your money. You don't need me to tell you, Like you know how to spend your money, not about your budget. Let me just make sure you got enough job, that there's enough jobs available, and that you can handle it yourself. If something's not working right, the market will fix itself. We talked about this before, like, well, y'all not gonna buy nothing that's trash. So then I don't need to tell this company. I don't need to. I ain't let it get out the way. I don't need to tell the company to be like, do the right thing, because they not gonna buy your product if it's not right. That was the theory. All that's gone. Neither one of them fools function like that because where capitalism is gone, and because of the tone of our culture. The tone of our culture is very different. At the end of the day, here's what's crazy. Both of these candidates. We're gonna get into their economic policies today. I follow me now. I just need you to get this, understand this motive. Both of them are just running from a shot collar position. That is what you keep hearing in the news as authoritarian uh and an example of executive power. Now, remember you know Obama years the Republicans was all talking about man he doing all these executive orders. He dictator in chief, like he legislating from the from the UH, from the Oval office. You know, if you feel me like, if you just do all these things just yourself, you subvert the democratic process. If you just gonna you just gonna do the thing you just gonna call executive orders, bro, then like that's because you don't believe in democracy. Trump turned around to do one hundreds of executive orders, right. That was like his thing basically like if you can't get Congress to do the thing, we just gonna I'm the president, I'm gonna call the shot. So the country, the tone of the country has moved into that, like, fam, will you do something? What's autocratic? It's I mean, it's like, that's just what that means. Rather than using the levers of government per se to lobby laws to set up governing structures in federal agencies to help make the system function better, we stop doing that because of you know, remember I taught you all about Chevron deference. It's gone. So since Chevron deference is gone, where do we the consumers go? Like? What, how how do you make How does any of these economic policies work? And the way that we've been asking our elective officials to function is essentially like a yg is to be like make make it work. Fix it. We looking at the president like, yo, hey make the do do make it make it work? Like make it makes it? Make it work? What listen to me? What both these candidates are saying is like, it's all good. I got you on a shot. Call it because because fam being alive right now costs too much. Like that's just essentially everybody America agree and what they we agree on living costs too. It costs too much to be alive. You want to like, this is a nice day outside. I don't know, outside costs about five hundred dollars, Like that's what out? Every day outside costs? Fire, Am I gonna leave a house five hundred dollars? Niggafunk finished? Stay in the house four hundred dollars. It costs too much to be alive. So we all everybody looking at y'all being like, hey, homey, why outside costs so much? Can y'all do something about why outside costs so much? And both of them saying, don't worry about it. I'll take care of it now. You heard a little accent in there, right, don't worry about it. I'll take care of it, because there's sometimes you don't want to hear somebody say that and don't worry about it. For us, it's like I got you g don't worry about I'll take care of it, all right, niggas say less like whoa, because listen, sometimes this is like I said before, Sometimes it's some favor you don't want to call into. Like remember I told y'all about my homeboy and his mama was having a problem with the mechanic, and his cousin who just got out of jail, was like, what this mechanic doing to you? Don't worry about it. I'll take care of it. Like wait, hold on now, worried. I'm worried about how you go take care of it? How they take care of it is what I want to talk about. What you're gonna read in headlines, what you're gonna hear out they mouth is a grossly oversimplified answer to how, Because when you start getting particular, people's eyes glaze over because you don't understand the economy, just like I don't understand the economy. People can't get too specific because then you start throwing out these acronyms and all this, and I'm like, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Look, nigga, am I gonna have some more money? Because it be that simple? Can you make the grocery prices go down? Nigga? Why the gas costs so much? And then like, I don't know, if you look around gas kind of like it's actually it's going down. You know why the interest rates where my money at. It's essentially I need my money to work. Make it work. Now, there's two ways to make the thing work, and it's the same way that your mama ran your house or your daddy ran your house, or the neighborhood shot call around the streets. There's two ways to approach this. You either come in there and you just be the bully when it's like clean your room, or I'm gonna beat you like you stole something. And it's so crazy that that phrase used to be funny to me. Now that I think about it, I'm like, I can't believe our parents actually said that to us. My dad was like, son, I'm gonna beat you like you stole something, basically like I'm gonna get a spanking. But he was essentially trying to say that this is gonna be the worst spanking in your life. Do what I'm trying to do. What I'm trying to tell you, and it might have been for my own good, but it was hammer clean these dishes, or I'm beating the brakes off you. You losing all your little game consoles or whatever the case may be, like all of it, so you get what you need. I'm saying, this is what I need, and if you don't do what I need, crash out. That's the bully way you're gonna come to this march. It'd be times when, like you know, a lot of the young shooters in the streets start getting a little crazy. One of the OG's pull up and they say, hey, listen, y'all, y'all gotta chill. And then it's like, man, I'm finna listen to you. You lay that dude out, and then you look at everybody else to say, y'all gotta chill. Guess what, everybody chills bully like you do this or I'm shutting everything down, or there's the finesse, And the finesse is a way. I don't know if you've ever used that phrase before, if you've ever heard that slang. When you finesse something, it's like I'm gonna get you to do what I want you to do, while at the same time you thinking you're doing what you want to do. It takes a little more. My boy, ler Cray finesse his way into NBC giving him a ticket to the Olympics. He ain't run up in there and be like, look, I'm not snoop, but you're gonna give me a ticket. I'm gonna go out there and cover it.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 2: He was like, look, my son's in the Junior Olympics, and hey, here's my social media numbers, and like, y'all. I think they're like you know what, Actually, hey, you know, I think we need some more influencers out there to like really keep the numbers up, because you know, there's like, hey, would you be interested in going near the Like dude, yeah, man, it'd be a great family thing. Like I said, my son's already going. Can I bring my wife?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And they're like, yeah, you know, matter of fact, this is our idea. Tell you what, here's our idea. You go out there, you make it a whole family trip, you bring your wife, you know, you just do some interviews you know, just be on your social media and just you know, talk about how amazing it is and just make sure you're tagging you know, NBC. It's like work, you know what. I think that's great. I think I could do that the whole time. He was trying to get a ticket for his whole family to go to the Olympics. You finesse it. But either way, you're doing what I want. So it's still authoritarian. It's you either have you even had a daddy that come in there, flip the light on and he like clean his room, or the comes in or stepdad comes in, turns his hat backwards, turns the seat, turns the chair backwards, sits down and says, hey Champ, Hey doing man house today? Hey you want go away with some ice cream? And let's go get some ice cream. So listen, me and your mother. You know we're gonna, I know, you love, We're gonna start hanging out a little bit more. And hey, man, I want to keep these good times going with you, you know, so like you know you just and hey, my plan was to buy you you know this new PS five, you know, but for that to work, we got to do this judo and it's just like, hey, would you like to do you want to go to You're just you're finessing your way into a situation. So you but you're still just doing what you want. This is not a negotiation. I need to make this clear. A finesse is not a negotiation. I'm I'm getting what i want. I'm just trying not to be a jerk about it, so to be honest with you, as we get into these specifics of these plans that both these candidates have, they both just trying to get what they want and they both just being bosses about it. It's just one's a hammer, one's a finessa. Can you guess who is who next? All right, as you so correctly guessed, the hammer is the Trumpster, the Trumpetmania, the brother. It's just the parallels too easy. So let's get into it now. They released more of the paperwork to like what their plans are. But like I said, like the paperwork of it is gonna be real flowery, less flowery than the words coming out of their mouth. So today I'm gonna talk a little bit about mostly about the words coming out they mouth, and then I'm gonna do a little like dead analysis for you word. So Axios actually has done some really good work on both day policies. All right, So, so Trump's biggest thing is tariffs. Now, I did an episode on tariffs before, which I don't remember the number of them. Apologize, But tariffs is essentially, I'm a tax you for being able to hustle on my block. If you gonna sell here, you got to you gotta run twenty racks to the hood, like I'm taking twenty percent of whatever you're doing. If you're gonna sell here twenty percent, my g Now, this is who they're doing this too. They're trying to do this to any foreign country, but mostly to China. So tariff is again, it's a tax. It's a tax on a foreign nation. It's not a tax on the on the on the people, like the citizens like our tax. It's a tax that's levied on if a country is sending a product to ours, to our shores, to our cities. Yo, you're gonna sell to us. You gotta get the government, gotta get their peace like Yo. You can't just be making this money off us like you make it all this money. And not only are you making it's money, you costing us money because now people ain't buying our stuff, so like you gonna cover that cost for me. Now, I don't want you to think of it as like a like think of it like this. If it's it's not like a completed iPhone that China is bringing on boats. It's more like the metal is coming from Beijing, the chip is coming from Taiwan, you know, the the the plastic is coming from Korea, whatever the case may be. The pieces come into the country and then we piece it together in a factory. But if you China and you like, damn, every time I try to sell to America, I gotta I gotta pay this higher tax or this tariff to sell to America, then they gonna say juice ain't worth to squeeze. American companies are gonna be like, yo, it's actually cheaper for me to buy American made products, which means like, well, why don't we just grow our factories ourselves and just build it ourselves because China doing you know, because for China it's like there's just there's just so much taxes. So it's a way to like again, you bullying this count you bully in the country, like Nigga I'm a tax the hell out of you if you pull through here, because his goal is American made jobs, American made companies. You know what I'm saying. That's not a finess, that's a bully like bro and and and when he wasn't office, he was talking about a ten percent international tax. Now you're talking about twenty percent. Like Yo, I'm a run y'all, run y'all, twenty percent. Run, I'm a run your pocket before you even before you can even sell the thing. Were getting our cut. Now the argument again, like I said, it is like, okay, look, you still gotta sell to America. This where this where the money is being made. So now we as the government, we're gonna get our share first, right, we get our share first, And I'm gonna make these factories in America be like nah, bro, we got to build them here. So we build them here. That means that the manufacturer is spending less money. The jobs are being created here, So now there's higher employment, the prices go down, right, and everybody wins. That's the theory. And it seems cool except for history, except for the evidence of the fact that like, that's not at all what happens don't y'all. Y'all you understand what's gonna happen if the if China is taxed more, you think they gonna keep they prices the same. No, they gonna raise they prices. So what happens is in practice, and you know because we all live through it. If you raise they tax, they raise they price, so we pay more. They aren't paying the tariffs we are. Bro you think they gonna change their margins. Why in the world, Listen, I smoke cigars. I like cigars. In California, there's a fifty nine percent tax on tobacco. That's why when I go to Nashville, when I go to other states, I'll be like, give me ten of them, because it's the same stick. It just costs half. Why because their taxes are less. Why in the world would any business keep they prices the same. If you raise their taxes, they gonna make less. No, you just you just charge more. What I'm saying is tariffs don't work because bill, no fact, they's gonna raise their prices. Then next he's talking about the prices of car assurance and your electricity bill. And what he's saying is I'm just gonna tell them to charge less. My nigga said, Hey, look, your car assurance too much. I'm gonna tell them to charge less. He said, your electric bill too high. I'm just gonna tell them to cut the bill in half. Nigga. Hat you just you just gonna walk into the private company, the private folk profit company, and just tell them, hey, you need to charge less. That's what I mean by the bully. You just gonna do how you gonna do that. I'm gonna tell them to Oh, they gonna do it. Don't worry about it. I'll take care of it. Nigga. What does that mean? Bro? I don't know if I want you to just go take care of you? You just Finnah, just tell them. I'm just gonna tell you, just gonna tell these private companies charge less. Now with the energy bills, if you just gonna tell them to yards less, I mean, are you opening a nuclear plant? Are you you gonna do wind and solar? How? And the only foreseeable answer is He's like, do this or I'm gonna beat your ass. That's the That's what he said. He said. He he said he believed that he got the right to tell the Federal Reserve like our interest rates and stuff like that that had they been crazy and going up and down, and you know, autumn charts that they've been reading about, like, oh, we're trying to we don't want to go into a recession. We want to bull you know, all these things that like that, that autumn levers that I tried to teach y'all before that are still super confusing. He said, he just gonna go in there. He's like, I should be able to tell them lower interest rates because hey, black lorder interest rates you Yeah, because I because I said so bro like and he's like, yo, I've made a lot of money. I understand this works. You know you lower interest rates, food, people spend mode. It's easy lord, interest rates. You know why people broke Nigga because it charged too much for the interest. I'm just I feel like I should just be able to tell them and like, I mean, don't get me wrong, it'd be nice. Listen, it's I'm a parent, it is it would be nice. We try to do the whole gentle parents and thing. Now I come from like I'm only like eighty percent gentle parent. Like I'm still a little bit old school, you feel me. My wife is willing to like negotiate and talk with their kid. You know, now she gonna get what she wont I think in this comparison sh Kamala, I'm trump like I'm more of a hammer, she more of a finesser. Because at the end of the day, you gonna pick up your toys like this, there's not another you gonna pick up your toys and we just go get to it in a more humane way. But I tell you what its show is fast. It showed was what my parents did was faster. It was much more time efficient. Clean this room or you ain't even gotta finish the or I'm gonna clean this room. Why because I'm terrified you my kids is not scared of me. And a part of me feels like I'm let the ancestors down because they just not scared. Now again, they gonna do it. Don't get me wrong, you you ain't. Look there's a power dynamic in my house. You won't pay no bills like you're none of them. They don't none of them come in your name. You like I want to give you. Obviously my children have bodily ontonomy. That's not what I'm trying to say, Like I'm not lording over them in a way that to me feels inhumane. I'm just saying it shows it would It would be nice if the president could just be like, hey, honey, lower everybody's interest rates. Hey, cut the bill in half. Just outland this. But my favorite, think of my favorite is my man's plan on lowering the housing costs and fixing the housing crisis. Do you know what this man's plan is. I'm just gonna shut the borders and deport illegals. I'm finna kick them out their houses. They're gonna be like, hey, free house, free house. Like I'm just cooking, Like, hey, you gotta go. Anybody want this house? My man said, ah whoa. One man said, I'm just gonna kick about. It's gonna be four million open houses right now. Your rent so high because of the illegals.
Speaker 1: He this.
Speaker 2: They ain't talking about lumber. He not talking about labor shortage, ain't talking about none of that. He like, they just it's just people in the house. If it wasn't nobody in the house, we'd have houses. We'd have a surplus. Could they not supposed to be here? If they wasn't here, then that house would be open, and you know what, correct, if no one was in that house, that house would be for sale. You think they're gonna lower their prices? And let me ask you this, how much it's gonna cost to deport twelve million people and the jobs that them twelve million people have where they're gonna go, oh man, you just created twelve million new jobs. You think you think Americans gonna accept the wages these immigrants? Was being paid the blankets there on purpose? Because you know the answer, absolutely not, big dog. You just gonna kick you just you just gonna run up, crash out. Everybody leave the bully cut like look, my black punk. That's that bad economic policy. Like nigga, I've just been a teller. You go cut your prices in half because I'm gonna beat your ass if you don't, hey, and if you go sell here, I'm ana tax you twenty percent. I'm getting mine off the top. Now, one could argue that's a lot of tax revenue. But if anybody had any good sense, you either raise your prices or sell somewhere else. Juice ain't worth the squeeze. And if they sell somewhere else, guess what. That creates a scarcity. Of products, which means our prices go up. Anyway, Is you following me how much a dollar costs? Big dog? What I'm saying is everything this man is said, it's just so not republican. That's the part I don't understand. You sound communist to me, homie, that sound like that's dictator energy. That's communism. You just gonna tell them what the price is. I do understand. You just gonna tell a private company that it ain't market. It ain't got nothing to do with the free market, is what I'm telling you to charge? Like, how is y'all what like? This is this bizarro world? Gravity don't work in his universe. I'm trying to tell you what he is describing is a communist rule if you in the eyes of what I thought Republicans were. Now, it's not necessarily communism. I'm just saying, like, that's what you say, communism is right, Like you're supposed to let the market do like he doing the He doing the thing. Now, let's talk about the Finesser now, the Finesse way, which is the kamalaway. Now, before I go and get into stuff for her specifically, we got to talk about what they agree on. What they agree on is these tips that we should not be taxing tips, and Trump yelled bite her when she said it, which I thought was hilarious. It's like, oh, she a bier cause like that's funny to me, Like did you get your whole plan? But what they're saying is if you're a wage worker, a gig worker, and you survive off tips, you should be able to have tips tax free. Now tips need its own It really needs its own episode, because I know how this sounds. Now if you live off tips, I also know how it sounds, cause it's like, oh, hell yeah, the hell yeah, let's go. Here's the issue with tips. Though I am personally I tip because I understand the situation of my comment. American, y'all in a situation that is it. We are both in a situation that's out of our control. Tips exist because these people ain't paid right. So since they not paid right, and the argument is, well, because you could get more on these tips than you could get by your salary, then gonna get your tips. It puts the onus on the consumer who just spent the money to cover the costs that your employer should be covering. Now that's not that worker's fault. That's the employer's fault. We bailing you out. Now, check this out. If you're telling me you're not gonna tax it if I'm the employer and I'm the employee. If I'm the employer, I'm like, oh, I could pay you less than matter of fact. If I'm the employee, I'm like, yeah, actually pay me less because that's less money I get taxed on, and I would much rather have the bulk of my income to come from tips because it's tax free. Now, if i'm you know, Joe blow construction worker, I'm like, ain't no tips in construction. That's wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold up. How come she ain't got to pay Tell come, he ain't got to pay taxes. So now you don't put the workers against each other. You feel me? Now, if I went to school to be a chef and I want to be back there being a cook, I'm like, hell no, ain't finna cook. Cooks don't get tips. Nigga the waiter get the tip. I want to go be a waiter cause they don't. You ain't gonna pay taxes on your bread. Now, of course that means that it's up to us, the consumer, to pay your wage. But why should I have to do that when because Trump was like yo, I just told the Feds to drop the interest rate. That mean inflation just went up. The cost of groceries is still outlandish. You don't put a tariff all the stuff, so the price everything already higher. Now I gotta pay a higher tip. And the only people that win in this is the employers. Them the only people come out stop free because I get to pay you less, because you're gonna make money because them suckers out there gonna pay for it. And you know what, because I understand you suffering people like I'm suffering people, I'm still gonna do it. I'm still gonna pay your tips because it's not your fault. So what I'm saying is, don't let these people fool you this tip thing. I know this is a lot of opinion right now. Now here's the thing, black man, black man, get your money. If this gonna help you get your money, I'm with it, I'm saying. And like I said, I'm gonna pay your tips. I'm gonna do the eighteen percent I'm gonna do to twenty percent. It's because you in the ocean, you might as well swim. I'm just saying systemically, the tip situation, it keeps the rich rich, it puts it keeps your employers off the hook. That means they ain't gotta pay you right. And they argue this. There was some restaurants in New York that got that got rid of tipping and said, don't worry about it, we just gonna pay our employees right. And you know what they did. They raised the prices. And what they said was, oh, we raising our prices so that we could pay our workers better. So rather than the company taking a cut taking a pay cut, they was like, we'll just raise our prices. And they're like, essentially, it's the bill's the same, right, the bill, the end, the end, bill is still the same. And they said it didn't work. People was like, nah, that's weird Stockholm syndrome, homy. So this the anarchist revolutionary in me. That's just like you're making us pay for your greed and then blaming us when people stay in poverty. It's it's quite a hustle. And that's why I said, but both of them agree on that, my lord. All right, Now common less specifically now The hard part for her is like, well, I mean, fam, you're already in office, so when you start talking about your economic policy, because like we're already living in it, you know, I just it don't sit don't. I don't know, man, It don't feel good. You know, you fighting the vibe situation where we are our ability to forget specifics and romanticize the past and feel like, Yo, things was fine under Trump, you know, as far as our money was concerned. And it feel crazy right now. That's a vibe. No matter what we talked about this before, No matter what statue can show, unemployment rate is very low and test rates are going down, gas prices are going down, it don't feel like it though. And maybe those numbers are national. But again, like I said, nobody lives in national. You live local. I know, in my neighborhood. My wife did the numbers, Alma did the numbers of yesterday. When she was texting texting me, she was like, yo, groceries doubled, like what we paid last year versus this year fo the same groceries dumped. You can't. I don't know what to tell you, homegirl. This what we This is what we're feeling. This what's happening? So, I mean, what is you gonna do that's different than your homeboy? Now, in her defense, it's not her plan, it's his plan. And it's just that's the hard part about being a vice president when you got somebody you know in front, like you can't can't burn out HOMIEA like he the lead, you know what I'm saying. So now that you're the lead. Okay, so what you're gonna do different? Now if you start talking about what you're gonna do different, that is so different than what you've been doing, It's like, are you fraudulent? Why ain't you? Why was it you saying something this whole time? You just let you just disagree with Homie this whole time. It's a bad position. We're gonna see though. Let's see what she's talking about now this this you gotta be a You gotta be a rizzler. You gotta be a finesse god. First of all. You gotta finesse your way into being able to take credit for the good, but also remove yourself from the bad and communicate that like, na, I mean, we got some wins, but I do feel y'all pain. And then like I said, her policy, the way that she running it finesse. God, that's her plan. Her plan is to finesse a lot of the same stuff Trump talking about. But like this, So her lead off, her lead single, you know, her number one lead single off the album is the grocery prices is food industry. Now. Remember, while Trump's attitude would be like walking there and be like, hey, honey, lower your prices, she's more of a finesser and her answer is okay, listen, it's too concentrated right. Matter of fact, there was a merger that just like I believe it was Alberson's at Kroger. I think that's exactly what it was. But one of these grocers they were gonna merge into a place to where it would be a monopoly. So they like, well, if you got a grocery monopoly, it ain't before grocery stores to go to unless you go into like the local, independent, underground grocery stores. Besides that, it's like these are only options. So if they the only options, that's how you price gouge. Like we said before, you could charge whatever you want because we the only options. So they thing is like, well rather than coming here and be like, hey, hommy, lower your prices. We just gonna chip off bread to your competition. Were gonna help these other smaller grocers get they weight up, because if they get they weight up and they charge in less or you're gonna lose your customers. That's gonna make you lower your prices because now there's more options. You see that that's a finesse. I need you to lower your prices. But rather than coming in there and just telling you what to do, it's like, all right, cool, bet, it's more like it'd rather than be like do this, I'm gonna beat your ass, it's more like you're not gonna do it. Okay, bet, hey homie, come here. How much you need to get your way up? All yo, get twenty million dollars out, go build you a grocery store. I mean they say, I mean you could have just you could have just lowered your prices. But if y'all not gonna do that on your own, this is how I'm gonna do it. And you know what her thing is like, everybody happy that way, that way, everybody get they everybody like you might get better groceries. Now where that twenty million dollars coming from so she gonna give bread and break up monopolies and grocery stores, but also in actual food industry, Like there's bread they giving to the meat industry. She running the same play with both of them, the store and with the manufacturer. That the same play we did with Google. That just now just happened with Google. That was just like remember what has that came out already? Yeah? It did?
Speaker 1: I remember?
Speaker 2: Did did the episode about Google? Did we put that out yet? I don't know who I'm asking? Ain'tybody else in here? It's the anti you know, the anti the anti trust stuff, the anti monopolis like bro naw, you got too much control, if you got too much over the whole thing, then, like I just you could charge whatever you want. Ain't it's traded Joe's and sprouts if you won't try to eat well, you know, because whole foods is like I mean, my lord, I don't know if you heard the arawon you feel me like that? Y'all just it's just y'all can't just be having y'all just can't be charging what you want. So we should have more options than Wharmel and Boar's Head, which had to you know, they had to return up with all that stuff because they was finn kill us what they meet, you know, nice. We should just have more options than that. So she like, look, why not throw some bread? You feel me to some of these like independent, you know, little underground, the little little meat industries, the little meat meat packing places that ain't got but twenty followers on Spotify. You uniterstand I'm saying twenty monthly listeners. They might be really dope. They just ain't got the bread to put up the banners and you know, and pay for the ads. You feel me, so like, let me help you pay for some ads. Man, get up, bro, They shouldn't have it all. Now, Well, the thing I'm describing right now is and has been traditionally, that's a very republican market response to a market problem. I'm telling you man, it's the upside downward. That's a republic that's traditionally a republican way to handle things. But then she gets back to her own turf and she starts talking about price gouge. Now, what a price gouge is, by definition, is like it's when you exploit a natural disaster to raise your prices. A crisis, right, like if a blizzard hits. I can't just all of a sudden triple the cost on generators and shovels, like, you can't just do that. So the understanding is over the pandemic. Because the supply chain failed, people had to raise their prices, and that's understandable. Well, the supply chain fine, now and the prices is still up, which means he shouldn't you be lowering the prices now because you told me that you was raising it because of the supply chain. But the supply chain fine, why the prices ain't go back down? So we like, yo, that's price s gouge. So she's proposing a few federal law against price gouging. Now there are state laws against it. Like I said, you can't exploit. You're not allowed to exploit a natural disaster. She's saying, I'm gonna make it federal. There's already laws for I was gonna make a federal Now that's more. Again, that's a finesse because here's the thing, there's no actual there's not really any data that shows statistically that price gouging is actually happening, but it show you feel like it. So in this sense, she finessing us, because that would make me feel better that you made a law that says y'all not allowed to do this, even if they're not doing it. It's cool to know this. But again, by state the lardy exists. This is a finesse. And again this is me not telling you lower your price. This is saying, hey, you're not allowed to hire it more than it should be. But again, you still gonna do what I want you to do. I'm still I'm still a shot caller. I'm just I'm coming about it differently. Now. We all feel the housing crisis. They cost too much, it ain't enough. Her answer ain't like, just kick these niggas out. The bullyway is the finesse way. You run up to a company and say, hey, homy, we need to build three million more houses. If you down to help me with this, I'm gonna give you a tax break and I'm gonna throw you some bread to get it started because we just need more houses. So I'm gonna help you do this. I'm gonna use this bread that we had sitting over here to invest in you to give you a financial incentive to do what I need you to do, because you ain't just doing them yourself and the money that you would just be charging the public. How about this, I cover a lot of that, So we'll cover that because I need you to build these houses. In our government, there's already money a lotted for this stuff. And she like, I'm just gonna do this, put a surplus out. We just need how you bring the prices down as you just you build more. Then on top of that, after she cut the bread for them to help build the things, she say, Hey, if you are qualified first time home buyer, I'm gonna send you twenty five thousand dollars to help down with your down payment. I'll just send you the bread because the down payment. Listen, I'm self employed to buy a house. Like you know you hear stuff like three percent down Mine was thirty. I needed thirty percent of the cost of this house for a down payment for me to get approved for a traditional loan. Are you that's thirty thirty percent? If somebody would have cut me a check for twenty five thousand dollars to help out for that, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: You kidding me? Now? Use Joe Antennas. Okay, there's more houses. If I'm the company or if I'm selling my house or whatever the case may be. Now, everybody who's given me a offer has an extra twenty five k to throw into this. What am I gonna do? I hear you, I'm just gonna charge more. This ain't gonna bring the price down, nigga. This is gonna raise it twenty five thousand because I know well all y'all got that, So I'm still gonna give it to the highest bidder, my nigga, Like this is basic, eken, Like, are you just look my eleventh grade teacher, mister Jeffrey, Mister Jeffrey, you used to tell us that our homework and then he finally told me the game later. It made so much sense. Our homework was worth a hundred points, like, damn, that's a lot. Our tests were worth a thousand points, and then exams were worth ten thousand points. I was like, damn, one hundred points, dog, you can't miss a hundred when you missed a sigmon, you miss a hundred points. Got oh. He was like, it's just a decimal, Jason, one hundred points, ten points, one point, and I just it's just you're just moving the I'm just doing that because it just sounds like a lot, And I was like, this is a finesse, dude, twenty five k just moving to decimal just because that just becomes the new zero. You follow me, It's just a news. When you was a child and your auntie gave you a dollar, it felt like a lot. When you was a pre teen and she gave you ten dollars, it felt like a lot. When you were sixteen. If that wasn't a whole bill, and if that wasn't a hundred in there, it was like, dang, cuz, thanks for the twenty. I can't even get nothing with it. You just moved the decimal. It becomes the new zero. God dam. And finally, her big one is the child tax Credit, which, thank you very much, I will take that. That was one of the good ones. She talking about giving six thousand dollars a year to parents and newborns. Yo. I don't know if you have children, but they cost a lot, So this child tax credit I remember in twenty twenty one, y'all, Like, I can't stress enough how it exploitatively expensive unless you work from home or work for yourself, or can afford a nanny. Your children out of school by three o'clock. What they gonna do till you get off work, Well, you gotta pay for that. And if you if both of y'all got to be at school and work at eight o'clock, you got to drop your kids off earlier. So that's called morning care. And don't let the summer start, boy. I used to like the summer, nigga. The summer used to be a break till you become a parent. You know how much the summer costs? All your little summer camps? You remember all your little all your little fun little remembery you know memories of summer camp and going to the daycares and visiting your grandmama and going to the lake. Do you know how much that costs? Do you know how much money we spend in the God help me.
Speaker 1: Lord?
Speaker 2: That child tax credit was a man, and for somebody like me who is self employed, I need all the tax credits I can get because y'all, like, I still owe iHeart money over this over this podcast. These ads ain't added up to paying them back here, I still owe them money, y'all. Please y'all please share this podcast, y'all, please listen to these ads. I still ain't making no money off. I still owe them, niggas Bundy, please please give you a text credit. So listen, this is coming in. This is what I mean by a finesse. It's coming indirectly. It's saying, since you won't lower your prices, I'm just gonna dig up your homies. Well, since you ain't gonna pay for it, I'm gonna take that money and give it to these fools and make sure you do that. And then you're gonna finesse all of us and create a law that already exists to make us feel better. Now, how much does this gonna cost? I'm gonna try to make this a little faster because this stuff is kind of like really in the weeds, right, but again, dollars lost. If you cut taxes, that's less money coming in, right, If you spend, that's less money also that we we had. We're getting into our reserves. It's super simple. Can't spend money you ain't got, that's called borrowing, and then you get in debt. So here we go. Let's make it real easy. The child tax credit that I'm talking about, it will cost us one point seven trillion dollars. I'm gonna say that one more time, one point seven trillion dollars. I know these numbers don't feel real. It is really hard for me to get my head around a trillion, like the amount of money our country actually has. Like there might as well be it might as well be like you know, Narnia money, cause it's just and we make it ourselves. There's there is just so much money that it makes it so weird that you and I are like cheering over you not taxing our tips or funky little eighteen hundred dollars nigd a trillion anyway. But then now you add that to the newborn tax credit that's one point three billion, the expanding of health insurance tax credits that's two hundred and twenty five billion dollars. Now, when I say tax credit, what that means is most of the time, at the end of the year, when you do your taxes, they gonna take that off what you owed and then you gonna get a check. Does that make sense. So it's more like like a voucher, if you will, But with the housing one. With the housing one at the end of the year ain't gonna do us no good. I need the money now, Like when I agree to sign the papers, and I got closing costs. You need to send me this check. So that one's a little different. But most of the time it's like when you go do your taxes and then they say, hey, this is what you're claiming, this is what you paid, this is what you owe. Oh but wait, you get a tax credit because you got these many kids and these many and you know or you know, you got whatever the tax credit is. Then they take that number, add that to whatever your tax bill is. And if you are gonna get four hundred dollars back, now you're gonna get you know, two thousand or sixteen hundred back because of whatever tax credit you were gonna get. However much tax credit is that makes sense. It's not I think you're gonna cut you a check. Sometimes they do, but a tax credit means this and then a down payment support one point three billion dollars. But then you raise the tax corporate to twenty eight percent. Remember you know we still democrats. You taxing the rich. So you raise it one point, raise it twenty eight percent. We're gonna make in taxes one point. Let me look at this again, one point one trillion dollars in tax revenue So tax credits is money going out right to us, right raising taxes money coming in. If you're the government, obviously, it's the other way around if you're the consumer. If you're the this is the tax credit is money coming to us. And then the tax, the corporate tax is money going out of You understand what I'm saying depends on which side of this fence you're standing up. But when you tally it all together, add up all the things that all come come together with it. I'm not naming all of it, but it's a bunch of stuff. You had to hold thing up and it comes up to being a one point two trillion dollar deficit. So ultimately, how much a dollar cost? How much thing gonna cost us? One point two trillion dollars? God damn. Now let's look at Trump's Trump talking about individual extended individual, not just tax credit, individual tax cuts. So we're just gonna cut all of our taxes. So the way you explain that is that's not just them just cutting us a check, it's just charging us less. You feel me, you should get the sense that, like at the end of the day, the government gonna get they money. That's how you should just the money you give me, I'm probably just gonna give it right back to you hammer or finess. That's less money coming in. He talked about three point four trillion dollars. Sounds great. I'd love for lower taxes. And then you eliminate the taxes on the Social Security benefits. That's one point two trillion dollars. The business tax cuts, meaning you know, you create jobs, you're doing your thing, I'm gonna give you a tax break. That's six hundred and twenty three billion dollars. And then you lower the corporate income tax. Now remember we were talking about or now we she was talking about raising corporate endpoint tax. So if I raise the corporate income tax, and that's money coming in, I'm gonna make one point one trillion on corporations. Trump talking about lowering their tax credit. Five one hundred and ninety five billion dollars. Is what is going to be taken out of the budget by lowering the tax credit. Now again, the corporate one. Again, it's with the thought that if they have more money, they're gonna spend it on our economy. Bring it. So the ideas is supposed to balance out, like whatever money you cut them, whatever, whatever money we give people, they just gonna give it right back to us. Is the is the theory. Now when you add his plans altogether, his plan is gonna cost us five point eight trillion dollars. That's what it's gonna add to the deficit. I'm gonna say this again. Her plan is gonna add one point two to one trillion dollars or one point two trillion dollars to the deficit. His plan is gonna add five point eight trillion dollars to the deficit. Now you tell me which one of them is better with money? You just got to do the numbers. Now, this the data. I will link to the show notes a few of these papers that I'm getting them from, and you could read it yourself. I'm just saying they theory is use our power to make this happen. One is a bully, the other is a finesser. And the last thing I'll say to y'all is a meme that went through my little feed that I think ties this all together. And it's a question that says, like, what's considered trashy if you're poor, but classy if you're rich. Homegirl said day drinking, speaking two languages, hard drugs and tax avoids. That's classy if you're rich, tragy, if you're poor and the one. I would add one more thing to this, an extreme amount of debt the politics.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: All right now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got Terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski killing the Beast Softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com. I'm a speller for you because I know M A T. T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out. The heat Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia Podcast Network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the One and Oh. Believe mattow Sowski still killing the beats softly, so listen. Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.