Speaker 1: Please listen to what I'm about to say. It's the Jewble Show. It could save you thousands of dollars in potential prison time. Oh yes, and if you're listening to my voice right now, two things, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Also, there's an alarming trend on social media right now that could literally wreck you financially and you could end up in jail. Oh no, and no, it's not the Let's rop a bank challenge, which is probably a thing. It's actually something you might believe or try. And because we care about you, yeah, like a lot'll tell you what it is next so you don't have to worry about the next intimacy you have with your loved one being your body's pressed against a pain of bullet proof class in a grody little phone booth while prison.
Speaker 3: Guards watching their prying eyes. Nobody wants that that's how you really scare them. Actually, it might have sounded good to some people. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But anyway, we'll tell you what it is next so you don't fall victim to this scam. It's the Jewble Show. Stop everything. You might be about to make a huge mistake, a mistake that could lead to the gun seizing all of your assets and then being carted off to a federal prison.
Speaker 3: It's a jewble show.
Speaker 1: Also, just so you know, I'm performing in Olympia this Saturday. You can get tickets to my show if you go to the jubilshow dot com and click on stand up comedy. Yeah, but that's not the thing that can land you in prison unless you get too drunk.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, never know anything happens at a Jubil show.
Speaker 1: And to some people, being carted off to a federal prison and having all of their assets season might be a great time, but trust me, most people think it isn't. And there's an alarming trend on TikTok right now where unfortunately, we get all of our advice from right and it's tax season if you weren't aware, So there are tons of influencers sharing their TikTok tax hacks and most of them are definitely terrible advice and things you should ignore. So let's go over the TikTok tax hacks that you should definitely ignore right now. Okay, hiring your kids excuse me, yes, that's a tax has influencer saying you can hire your kids to save money. According to some videos, business owners should hire and pay their employees so the child can contribute to a rough ira with their earned income. One dude even wrote his newborn a ten thousand dollars check, saying that it's it will work, and it's a good tax hack. And people are believing these people on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Which is rain I would have believed that.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've heard this before and people have actually done it, especially like if your kid is an influencer or something.
Speaker 3: Whew.
Speaker 2: Some people make those accounts for their kids or their dogs or whatever. So technically, but that doesn't mean that just anybody can do that and be like, oh, maybe you cried today, good work.
Speaker 1: Speaking of hiring your dog, Nina, that's another tip that's been shared on TikTok that's gone viral and people are like, oh, that's.
Speaker 3: A great idea.
Speaker 1: Hiring your dog is not a good way to get out of paying extra taxes.
Speaker 2: You can just imagine how these videos go. Thanks for being on my sho I'll ride up your dog, thank me later.
Speaker 1: Thank you for following me along in my tax journey.
Speaker 3: Why would I like that video that some do taxes with me? I'm hiring my Dog Today.
Speaker 1: Videos like this one claim you can write off your pet as a guard dog who protects your business.
Speaker 3: Now you can't. What if I do if my cat you protects my home.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can get away with that Victoria. No. They say it's true that if a dog is trained and the right breed for the job, guard dog spinses are deductible, But the I R S doesn't let you deduct your Corgie for barking at the door every once in a while.
Speaker 3: It's god, it'll pee on you.
Speaker 1: They're going over a trend of TikTok tax hacks that you should ignore.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: We get all our advice from TikTok, obviously, and there's a lot of tax hacks out there that you definitely should not do because they would get you in tax trouble. People are also believing this one write off your Range Rover or other luxury vehicle if you have one. There's a viral claim about a tax loophole that lets people write off the cost of a luxury vehicle on their taxes. I've seen people do this, but it's because they certain types of cars.
Speaker 3: They can say they're for their business. But I mean it's influencers and so their businesses themselves, right, and so it gets them from place to place.
Speaker 1: It's not as simple as just having a nice car though, according to the IRS Section one seventy nine tax Code.
Speaker 3: Oh so smart.
Speaker 1: I'm not smart at all that. It's just in the article that we got. Businesses can write off a vehicle that's used for business purposes at least half of the time, but it doesn't allow them to duct to the full cost of the vehicle the year it's put in a service, and there are strict limits due to the deductible on luxury vehicles. So it's like they pay attention to Oh it's a Mercedes, is it really for business?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I could see maybe, like if you were a driver, like if you were an expensive driver, uber driver.
Speaker 3: Or something, then maybe you write it off that way.
Speaker 2: But they've been giving people a hard time for even writing off your like miles for how far you drive for work, Like you can't even do that anymore.
Speaker 3: I think, I don't know it used to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, over TikTok tax hacks that you should definitely ignore, Like most advice on TikTok. Do some research before you just go oh yeah, oh great, I'll do that forming an LLC to deduct personal expenses aka turning your hobby into a business.
Speaker 2: Actually a lot of people do this, but I don't think you should do that. Somebody want me to do it before.
Speaker 1: You can have an LLC and write things off through it if it's a legitimate business. But some videos are going viral that claim you can just set up an LLC and you can deduct personal expenses like your mortgage, car payments, grocery bills, and business expenses to lower your taxes. One guy said that if you just say your hobby is a business like playing video games, you can deduct everything related to it.
Speaker 3: Suddenly thousands of.
Speaker 1: People are trying to make their Netflix Netflix Chance me a media review company.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you think about it, like some people would stream for a living, so in tankly they could tax.
Speaker 3: That, right.
Speaker 2: I think I've tried to do that before because we work in media, so that's the more we have to talk about. So I've tried to write off my different streaming accounts and stuff.
Speaker 3: Then I kind of got laughed out. They're like, you can really do that?
Speaker 2: Like that. Yeah, but we can do like your cell phone or like your you know, your computer stuff.
Speaker 1: But and LC is only good if the LLC is making money because oh, what you do and I know this because I have one. What you do is you pay yourself a salary out of the LLC if you make money. If you make money, yeah, and there are ways to have the money that you make from your job go into the LLC, so you can pay yourself out of the LLC and then it's you get some tax breaks on it. But it's not even that big of a break, you know, but it's just like a little break.
Speaker 3: But you can't just go.
Speaker 1: Everything I did today is free because I'm putting it through my LLC.
Speaker 2: Briddy didn't tell me that part. So this is what's happening on TikTok. You have a limited amount of time to capture somebody's attention. There's this much truth to what they're trying to tell you, but they can only fit it in.
Speaker 3: So many works. They got me.
Speaker 1: Also another TikTok tax hec that you should ignore that people are believing become a fake church. Wow to avoid taxes, someone say, just start your own church with a few friends and register it as a nonprofit and you'll pay zero taxes.
Speaker 3: WHOA, that sounds like a lot of work. Tell me, just pay the taxes.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you I just started a church, the Holy Order of Brunch, and we're writing off all of our mimosas today.
Speaker 2: It's great, it's actually believable until you call it the Holy Order of Brunch.