Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The thrill and excitement of March Mania is here. It's one of the best three four week periods in sports in America. Every single year. Draftking Sportsbook, one of America's top rinted sportsbook apps, is giving fans a chance to bet just five dollars and win one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets with a college basketball bet. You download the Draftking Sportsbook app takes ninety seconds. You put in the code column that's me coli in New customers bet five bucks for a chance to win one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets only at Draftking Sportsbook only with the code colin col i n. The crown is yours. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and y or text hope N y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling.
Speaker 3: Call eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Seventy eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino and resort ks licensee partner Golden Nugget Lake Charles twenty one plus age varies by jurisdiction. Voydan Ontario bonus bets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuing ce Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Basketball Terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming Resources.
Speaker 1: What's up, everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. We have another live stream on the Bleacher Report app. Make sure to subscribe to the Draymond Green YouTube channel if you haven't already out there. A couple of good, great interviews I thought that went out last week. One with the great Isaiah Thomas Detroit Piston bad Boy, two time champion Finals MVP Isaiah Zeke Thomas, and one with Paul Pierce The Truth actually one of my favorite episodes. Both of those episodes were actually two of my favorites. Zeke obviously having a connection to the state of Michigan and Detroit Pistons and bad Boys, and obviously being back court Mace with Joe Dumars, who I've shared with you all before as like a father figure in my life, has been for fifteen plus years. So there's that, and then Paul Pierrice. Obviously, everyone knows the history of Paul Pierce and myself and the viral clip that went crazy when Paul Pierce was with the Clippers, and we addressed that right off the gate when we got into the interview, which set the stage for an incredible, incredible interview. We talked everything from Paul Pierce being stabbed to Ray Allen, to Doc Rivers and the Milwaukee Bucks and his thoughts on that with Doc being his coach that he won championship with KG.
Speaker 3: You name it.
Speaker 1: We talked everything and it was an absolutely incredible episode, so make sure you all check them out. And then lastly, the Twitter give out the YouTube giveaway head to my Twitter replied to the giveaway tweet for your chance to win to sign Jersey. There will be a couple of them going out, so check that out. First topic, first item of business, dubs one and two without Steph losses to the Spurs and Mavericks. I know that's probably confusing for some like, no, y'all just beat the Spurs. We actually played them two games in a row. We played them once at home on Saturday and then in San Antonio on Monday. The one Saturday, we were awful. We had no energy on the court. We played with no sense of urgery, excuse me, no sense of urgency, and the Spurs kind of got what they wanted. That was without Winby, that was without Devin for Sale. But sometimes when you play teams without their best players, that actually makes them a little tougher to play. In this league, it was a very weird thing because you just don't know what to expect, and so you don't know what to expect from an offense because obviously, when your best players on the floor, you go to certain things, and then all of a sudden you take your two best players out and you're kind of just random all over the place, and guys who don't normally get the shots are getting the shots, and you don't really know how to react to it. And so, needless to say, no, it's hues. They absolutely destroyed us at home. We actually looked like we didn't belong on the same floor. Coming back in San Antonio on Monday, Victor win Biyama being back, Devin Vesel being back, we actually won that game pretty handily, took control, We took control of the game. Chris Paul had nineteen nine and eight Vintage CP game. Jonathan Kamingo was really good. Clay got it going a bit in that game, and we were in our defense, we were flying around, and we were able to take control of that game in the third and not have any issues with that game. And we're going to talk a little bit about that game and a few Victor WINBYAMA. We must talk about very interesting things to say about Victor WINBYAMA, and then moving on. We ended up losing to the Mavericks last night. I also didn't play in that game. My back has been bothering me for like four or five games, and I've kind of been going through it, like just playing through it and playing through it, getting my Like we have the absolute best training staff in the league.
Speaker 3: I would put my money on that.
Speaker 1: Rick and Danny and Yoda and and so you know, they're doing things to get me back to a good space to go in the game. And then like you know, third quarter or so, it just locks all the way back up and you're kind of grinding through the rest of the game, just trying to get to the end. Next day, not in a good space, can't really get on the court even if I want to get some work in and then kind of getting it back to a good face to go back out there and play.
Speaker 3: And so the hope is that.
Speaker 1: And not having a game since Monday for myself and not playing in the Dallas game that as opposed to getting it back to a place to where it's like, all right, I can get out there now, that those extra couple.
Speaker 3: Of days will allow it to go away, because.
Speaker 1: It's just no fun just getting it to a space where I can get in the game and then it locks back up and it's painful. And it's also has been kind of in that same area that I had the issue before.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 1: The way I view it is like my body keep giving me this warning shots. You know, listen to him before, listen to him before. You have to listen to him. You can't do nothing. And so that is why I missed last night. And you know I talked to you all about the injury before when I was out with the back injury, and like I had to relearn how to walk and relearn how to run and relearn how to jump and find my coordination again on the court. I'll never forget first getting back on the court and like run and thinking I can do just a simple jump off my left foot layup, and like it was so uncoordinated, I didn't know how to do it.
Speaker 3: I threw the ball off the glass.
Speaker 1: And that was within six weeks, seven weeks of me getting back on the court, and then we obviously went on to win a championship. And so it's just something that number one is a little scary, but number two don't really want to mess around with back can be dangerous. So my plan and hope is to play Saturday, obviously hoping that things continue to trend in the right direction.
Speaker 3: That would be my goal to play Saturday, and.
Speaker 1: We shall see how that goes before we continue on. Happy birthday to the Goat Steph Curry thirty six years old. Today Pod day for you, as po Day for me is to go Day. My brother, Happy birthday, man, it's been a pleasure. This is our twelfth birthday. My birthday was last week, his birthday today twelfth birthday spending together, like man, we're getting closer to like half our birthday is spending together. And it's such a special thing, man, to have someone like that in my life. I'm very thankful for the example that he set as the man, the example that he said as the basketball player, the example that he said as a brother, as a big brother. Couldn't ask for a better example to have in your life on a daily basis and to follow. And so I am honored and thankful for.
Speaker 3: You on your goat day, your born day, Happy birthday. Steph.
Speaker 1: Also saw some news about Steph saying he's running for president. How about that? And I actually think Steph Curry could be the president. And I actually think Steph Curry would be a great president. And the news that you all did not know you needed, Draymond Greene will be in the White House in some form of fashion. And none of y'all thought y'all needed that news, and you never could have believed it. But I'm telling you, Secretary of Defense, that'd be a good title for you, boy.
Speaker 3: So shout out to Steph. Happy birthday, my brother.
Speaker 1: But getting back into these games when we beat the Spurs number one, forget the game. Victor Winbyama is probably a top twenty player in the NBA right now. He is insanely gifted, and watching him play, I personally thought, like, man, his handle gonna be loose, Like his handle actually ain't loose, like he passed the ball and got a great handle on it and then it's tight and shout out to the San Antonio style because some are front office. Ryan Atkinson, who's always on the road scouting quite a bit, I was saying, like, Yo, San Antonio has helped him with that handle was not that good, Like he yes, he could drive the ball, but they've helped him a lot with his handle. You look at Tim Duncans, you look at the Kawhi Leonards, Tony Parker was not the player that Tony Parker ended up being when Tony Parker arrived in San Antonio.
Speaker 3: You look at all of those guys.
Speaker 1: We know that their development staff coach pop Chip England was there for years doing the hip moved on, but we know that their development staff is absolute top of the line.
Speaker 3: Like listen, I don't care how good of a prospect you are.
Speaker 1: If you get to the NBA and you don't have a good development staff, you're going to continue to be just that a good prospect. Now, that also requires you to put the work in. What I hear about Victor win Beyama, my college teammate, my brother, former college roommate, Raymard Morgan told myself and Travis Walden about Victor win Miyama three years ago, before Victor win miyama name even started popping up. Raymar played with him in France on Tony Parker's team, and he's like, man, I got this fifteen sixteen year old on my team. I'm telling y'all he gonna be the number one pick in a couple of years. And I trust Raymar's judgment because Raymar also, long before everybody started talking about Luca Dncis, told us, man, it's this kid over here, Luka Danta that played Real MADRIDI fifteen sixteen.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be a problem in the NBA. And I'm telling y'all.
Speaker 1: And people are gonna say his game ain't gonna translate, and I'm telling y'all, it's going to translate it. So those are two guys that Raymar called out to us way before, because Raymar's played euro League and stuff, and he called out those way before they start popping up on radars over here and draft boards.
Speaker 3: And all those things.
Speaker 1: And so he's not as weak as people may think he is because he's skinny, although he will need to get stronger and we all know that, and he knows that, and he will because again what I heard from Raymar and what I've heard from a Leen the kids a gym rat.
Speaker 3: He's a gym ra. He does everything the right way. He cares about basketball.
Speaker 1: He wants to be great with that skill set, with that lane, with that jump shots. Jump shot is absolutely beautiful in San Antonio, with that style. That kid watch out. And I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said before. And by the way, this is no stray at all. I think Chet Holmgren is a very good player, and I know there's been this comparison amongst those two. They're both super tall and lanky, they both block shots great, they both can shoot the ball, they both can put it on the floor. Chet Holmgren is going to be a problem, and I've told you all that on this podcast before. But I will tell you I think there's a gap in between Chet Homer and Victor Win Miyama. I honestly believe that there is a gap. Victor Win Miyama is just different and Chant is different too, Don't get me wrong, But like there's levels of player in this league, I don't care from the best plainting guards in the league to the best fight there's levels of players.
Speaker 3: That's just the case. That is always gonna be the case. There's a gap.
Speaker 1: Victor Womyema is so good and he's doing stuff like, all right, I caught it in the post this time, I'm not even gonna go score. I'm gonna go uphill dho and get this guy involved. You can see the growth in his game from where he was in the beginning of the year to where he is now. A lot less crazy shots. He's taking h moving the ball, going dhos just to get off the ball, then roll and like has great feel.
Speaker 3: He catched the ball in the middle of the pain.
Speaker 1: He always has a chance to get it to the rim and knows where he's at. Kids special, absolutely special, and he may be he may win MVP of the league in like the next two years or so.
Speaker 3: Absolutely incredible player.
Speaker 1: I also saw that Kendrick Perkins says something about me saying, Victor win Miyama is not the defensive player of the year, and I want to be certain that Kendrick Perkins, I said win defensive player of the Year. Kendrick Perkins said he should get some defensive Player to your votes. I never disagreed that he should get defensive Player to your votes. I just don't think he should win Defensive Player of the Year right now with a twenty fourth ring defense.
Speaker 3: I just don't think so. Now.
Speaker 1: His numbers will get better, as I said, and he will one day win that award, But you can't be on the twenty fourth best. I don't care when you're on the quarter. The defense is the twenty fourth best and that has to matter. And so saw that respected. But Victor Winn Miyama is a problem. Not telling you anything you don't know. But he keeps getting better. He's going to keep getting better, and watch out NBA because that kid is different. We've all had a frustrating experience buying tickets, even me. You all know I love to go to concert shows and it can be hard to find last minute tickets. You shouldn't have to worry when you buy tickets to your next big event. Game Time is the fast and easy way to buy tickets to all the sports, music, comedy and theater shows near you.
Speaker 3: I'm looking through the.
Speaker 1: Game Time app right now, and it's really easy to find tickets at different price points. The NBA season is winding down and we have some huge Dubs games.
Speaker 3: We're going to need your support. App.
Speaker 1: We always talk about strength and numbers, and we need you all to be loud at these games coming down the stretch. Game Time is the only ticket and app that gives you complete peace of mind with your purchase. They have all in pricing so you know exactly how much you're going to pay, Plus the game time guarantee means you'll always get the best price. Take the guestwork out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, creat an account and use the code word green for twenty dollars off your first purchase.
Speaker 3: Terms apply.
Speaker 1: Creating an account and use the cold word green. G R E E N for twenty dollars off. Download game Time Today. Last minute tickets loess price guaranteed. Probably gonna have to get some vets in there. But I think with Victor win Binyama, you like all of a sudden you were looking to rebuild. You can turn that notch up fast because he's that good. So that was Victor win Byama. Dubs have lost for the last six after having a strong, very strong February. Man and honestly, it sucks. Obviously, we know the race that we're in with the playing race, and kind of right there in that ninth tenth spot, right there with the Lakers, Dallas and San Antonio, I mean not San Antonio. Sacramento slash Phoenix has gotten a few games up on us. With us dropping forward the last six, I think we still can make a push. I still feel good about our chances. Hopefully get to go back this weekend Steph against the Lakers. I am hearing that he's practicing on Friday. That's what I've been told, That's what you all have heard, and hopefully that puts him back on the court on Saturday. I think we can still turn it around. And then the lost yesterday to the MAVs. That Mavericks team look good. They got some good pickups and the obviously you got Kyrie and you got Luca. Kyrie is so good at basketball. And I know a lot of people like to hate.
Speaker 3: Kyrie and.
Speaker 1: The way he lives his life and his views on certain things, like you can hit on those things all you want, but there's not many people in the NBA that can score the ball better than Kyrie. Irvan and there's not many people in the NBA that a defense is more fearful of and what they need to try to do to stop Kyrie Irving because he's a great finisher at all levels. He can shoot the three with the best of him. It's mid range is right up there with the best of him. And he's as good a finisher as there is an NBA, and that is including Victor in Miyama, that is including Daniel Gaffer who's made thirty shots in a row. Kyrie Irving is as good a finishing in the NBA as there is. And the pressure that Kyrie Irvin puts on the defense because he can do it at any level with size don't matter, you like, Kyrie Irving is a problem. And it's great to see Kai back out there on the core thriving doing what he enjoys with all all the noise, with all everybody jumping on him about his views on things, and just out there playing basketball and being the Kyrie Irving that we've all watched for the last thirteen years.
Speaker 3: Absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 1: So we got the Dallas team a couple more time. Those would be big games for us, obviously. What the standards are coming down to I think we got the Lakers one more time, maybe two, two more games with the Lakers, which those are also big games. You figure those games kind of count as two because you lose one, they pick up a win kind of counts as two games when you're right there in the race. So we need to try to make sure we take care of those games and moving forward. Another play in situation right there on the brink last night Kings and the Lakers play. I see everybody making such a huge deal out of a D being oer and ten face and Sabonas and everybody's like, is that a coincidence?
Speaker 3: Is that? Like? Do you make anything of that?
Speaker 1: And it's interesting because the first thing I ever heard, the first time I ever heard of it was like a D being over nine and then you go into a road game at SAT, you lose the game, and everybody's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh see now he's over ten.
Speaker 1: And so I actually view that as one of those coincidence type things, like do we really believe that Sabonus is better than ad or could you be a tough matchup? Of course, like everybody has tough matchups, but you also can't make it just about some bonus in ad because the reality is Sacramento offense does run through Sabonis, but not in a manner of like unbusting your ass or you but like like, it ain't that like those those It's not like Mono Emano like this this record is trying to make it out to be.
Speaker 3: You can't ignore Daron Fox.
Speaker 1: Daron Fox has been better than any point guard the Lakers have had over the last couple of years. There's this thing called addition by subtraction. I don't know if you remember, but Malik Monk was here with the Lakers, revitalized his career and played well, and then went to Sacramento. So they also plucked one of their guys and the actually using them and he's playing really well, and so I think it's more of a coincidence than like, oh, it's just that thing like they're beating them. So that was a big game in the standards as well. It's also great for us that the Lakers lost kind of keep us right there with the same amount of losses. So it'll be important for us to try to go out here on Saturday and take care of business. The Denver Nuggets are ten and one since the All Star break.
Speaker 3: With their only loss.
Speaker 1: Coming to the Suns in overtime, they just moved back into the number one seed in the West. I think things will stay that way. They are gearing up for the playoffs. They are a championship team and they're figuring out all right. We've stayed right in the mixed off season. Now it's time to turn it up after the break, and they're doing that.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: You know, things gets tough for the Minnesota Timberwoods with Cat being out. Saw Rudy Gobert went out the other night. I'm not sure how serious that is or how long he'll be out, but I do know Kat had a procedure earlier this week and he'll on his meniscus and he'll probably be out at least another four weeks. So that makes things suffer. Kat has been really good. He's an All Star for a reason. He's been really good for that Minnesota team, and so I think they'll hit a few bumps with that. It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out. So I don't think, like I said, it's a who's the biggest challenger who's not For the Denver Nuggets.
Speaker 3: I think it's more so who you know who like just.
Speaker 1: The matchups you get and how it all plays out, and we'll see where it goes from there. But the Nuggets are real and they're playing great and they look like a championship team. Before we get out of here, I'm gonna toss it to Jackson for a couple of male bad questions.
Speaker 3: Jackson, what we got first?
Speaker 4: One from at Jay Gonzalez? How do you think your game compares to Dennis Rodbmins?
Speaker 3: How does my game compared to Dennis Rodman?
Speaker 1: I think I think me and Dennis Robman have both kind of been a straw that stirs the pot. You know, the game is not so friendly with us out there. The game is intense, hard nos and I think the way Dennis Rodman defended all positions, there are some similarities there. Dennis Robmin was way far better rebounder than me, although I think I'm a good rebounder. In the game is different now I spent a lot of time like chasing guys on the perimeter and doing different things, like there's more shooting, so you're extending further away from the real Needless to say, I've never gotten thirty rebounds or thirty rebounds and several games in a row even when the game was a little different. Dennis Robin is one of the best rebounders we've ever seen, so I don't compare to him there at all. Like I said, I think I'm a good rebounder so on a defensive end, But then I also think that I do some things offensively that Dennis didn't do. But in saying that, Dennis Robin is a Hall of Famer and I can only strive to be remembered like the legend Dennis Robin himself in my.
Speaker 4: Career From at Ricky Asparza. Thoughts on the new look Mavericks team. Do you think that they have enough to contend in the West?
Speaker 3: Ricky?
Speaker 1: Like I was just saying about the West, I think the West is tough.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, the matchups.
Speaker 1: Are extremely important with who you match up with, and that's a tough team.
Speaker 3: Anytime you have.
Speaker 1: A team that has the likes of Kyrie Irbert in Luka Doncics with a supporting cast, that team can be dangerous. I think you know, as you get into it, you know you can find things defensively against them that you could possibly use to your advantage in.
Speaker 3: The playoff series.
Speaker 1: But anytime you have Luka, Doncic, Kyrie Irving, they have a supporting cast.
Speaker 3: Now, Daniel Gafford is a real player.
Speaker 1: A lot of people didn't know about him because he was stuck in Washington, real guy, PJ. Washington, been stuck in Charlotte playing losing basketball.
Speaker 3: He's playing good basketball. Now.
Speaker 1: That is a rap for this episode of The Draymond Green Show. Thank all of you tuning in on the bleacher Report App. If you're not tuning in on the Bleacher Report App live, you can still check this.
Speaker 3: Out on YouTube on our YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Go check it out and we will be back to y'all next week.
Speaker 3: Until then, it's a rap. Peace,