Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live. It is b Joey p Joe Pizapia with me. Of course is the Welsh, and it's all view the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks hanging out there in the chat. We're live on our twitch twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. That's where we can watch us live every single Monday through Thursday. And of course you can also watch us video on demand on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros MLB. Yeah, that's right. We just crossed twenty six thousand subscribers. We're trying to get to thirty thousand this year. We might be able to do it. You never know. Don't count us out. Welsh, what a crazy night of baseball it was. You had five walkoff hits for two homer games, three walkoff homers, two Grand slams, and a partridge in a pear tree. Not bad, not bad, Molb Bruno.
Speaker 2: It was a fantastic fantastic.
Speaker 1: I just noticed it. I didn't even notice.
Speaker 2: Another fun one. Another one, fun one, Bruno, is that that was Tatis's first career walkoff. Last night too, we had walkoffs across the board. We had rookie stepping up. It was a true true site for baseball. Mister brunopiez Apia, Yeah, hey, my dad.
Speaker 1: Would be very happy. Right now, Let's talk about another thing that made me very happy, which is the Athletics performance yesterday, because not only did they beat the Dodgers, which is always fun, but Nick Kurtz got his first big league home run. I'm so excited. They dropped him the ninth in the order and he looked so happy. Welsh, I don't know if you saw the facial expressions of Nick Kurtz after the home run. He looked like a weight had just been completely lifted off of him. He looked like a kid who is out of school for the summer. He was so happy, and I hope this leads him towards just relaxing and playing ball and not pressing too much. Jacob Wilson another big night for him with the Athletics four for five. I want to talk about this player too, because he's such a strange anomaly statistically when you're looking at him what we are used to seeing now nowadays in terms of offensive players. He was on base all five times, even reached on an error. Yesterday. So even though he was four for five, who's still on base five times. His slash right now is three sixty three, three eighty nine, five twelve. He has five fifty eight hits and just forty one hard hit balls. What do you think of that, like in just terms of like the statistic profile of a guy who doesn't walk, rarely strikes out and just makes so much contact. A llah arise, but you know, kind of a different version, I guess now two point zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to touch on Nick Kurts in a second, but I completely agree. He has this really fun, great anomaly, makes just so much contact. He's got the profile of you know, the Luis a Ris type of guys, Like they don't barrel the ball a lot, they don't hit the ball hard, he doesn't strike out. He's like a classic incredible Points League player. I think the ballpark definitely is something we've got to take a look at. I mean you can see just in the visual hit spray chart on Savant. You know they don't look like they're no doubters. But also they have an expected home run metric on there, and his expected home runs are two less. So he's at two point nine where he's got five. So you know, even the projections are saying like, yeah, three of those five homers were doubted homers. They wouldn't have gone in every other place. So you know, I think he's taking advantage of specific ballparks. I mean in the Dodgers in that corner that really works well. He's pulling, but he makes But this is the thing the end of the day, this is the thing that makes a player like this or any of these guys that have these like ninety two. He has a ninety three point three zone contact percentage. When they make that type of contact, you're just like, just get quality of contact. Figure out how to make quality of contact with it, because good things can happen, and good things are happening with Jacob Wilson, and also they're happening with Nick Kurtz. You know, it was a little crazy pilled for me when it wasn't just you, but it was like the chat would be like or neck Kertch. We did this for like a week and it was like, guys, it's a young player. But also he was hitting for average this entire time. That's what I kept screaming to everybody. He's still hitting two seventy even though he's striking out like crazy, showing decent metrics, something's going to break here soon. And guess what it is. Now? No one's talking about why is Nick Kurtz struggling? Because he's hitting two eighty, He's got great barrel, great hard hit, he's walking, he's getting the ball in the air. Guess what he's expected batting average two sixty three. The only negative right now are those strikeouts, and he's starting to find some rhythm. So all that panic, hopefully everybody chilled out a little bit with Nick Kurtz because it's starting to click a little bit and you got a really beneficial home ballpark. But what a nine to one. By the way, Kurts at nine and Jacob Wilson at one. What a weird setup that A's team gets to do.
Speaker 1: Joey, it is uh And I'll tell you what. Look, I had to start Kurtz this week in my home league, and I was just closing my eyes and say, okay, it's got to turn on some point. We were talking about how to off the schedule is going to be ahead of him with the Dodgers and the Phillies and some of these other teams, and we said, you know, this doesn't look great, but that's baseball, right, Like, all of a sudden, he's gonna get hot against the better team. Memes, that's certainly possible and also anomaly and strange. Jeffrey Springs was the guy who stick stuck to the Dodger yesterday.
Speaker 2: And he was in there, so weird the TVDS versus where he was. He was always there in that lineup we were dealing with.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was weird because you were saying he was going to start night He was like, it feels like it his but they didn't announce it all. Yeah, I was super well be it wasn't on fan at the time of recording the show. Anyway, I thought Padres had a big night away, so oh, I think we all thought he was going to get obliterated. He did not, And that's baseball. Padres. Dylan sees ten strikeouts for him. I know last game he had nine. He left with a cramp of the forearm all as well. There two runs, six and two thirds. The window to buy him is close. We tried to tell you two weeks ago, so hopefully listened, and he tried to buy him Fernando Tattis Junior, as you mentioned, first career walk off homer, and it was a big one too off Kenley Jansen. It was monstrous. Speaking of monsters, Avier Bias continues to be one. He had a pair of three run home runs yesterday. His slashes three nineteen, three, fifty seven, five thirteen. He's got five homers, twenty seven rebees. We go into at length. I don't spend too much time because we talked about him at length yesterday in the trade video. If you miss that, go watch it on demand on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros MLB. But this is your moment. This is your moment where now it's getting to a point where somebody might overpay, you know, for Bias more than he's worth the rest of season. I'm not saying you're gonna get your Nalvarez back from him, but you know, if you're looking at outfielders, would you rather have Brian Reynolds rest of season than what he's done consistently of the last couple of years. Who was anither over five last night? Or would you rather have Hobby or Bias Welsh oh Renn.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not even a question how.
Speaker 1: Quick you answer that, but I guarantee that's a trade you could make right now. I don't mich again after last night two three run home runs. Man, people, there's somebody you'll love to be prisoners of the moment.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's an over fifty percenter still doing that. My thing when you said that was like, I'm not sure if someone is an overpay, but I think people might pay now for hobby bias. In the trade video, As talked about the one thing that is very interesting when you're talking about process in change equaling results, Hobby Bidas does have that and that's something I'm looking for for a lot of players, and that there are some dramatic swing changes in how he's gotten closed and it's very similar, by the way to the Corbyn Carroll thing, where he's closed off his stance, he's gotten closer to the plate. That's the same thing that Corbyn Carroll's done. And he's having some really great results and we're seeing that. But all of that to be said, like I don't trust it. A profile still looks messy. There's over seventy points differential and his expected batting average on the low side. But maybe he's turned from an absolutely unroosterble player to a serviceable player. But if someone is paying him for an everyday startable player, that's where you want to sell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a lot of good bilos. We mentioned a bunch of them. Go check him out on the YouTube channel. Also yesterday Elie de la Cruz scary moment there when he collided with TJ Friedel Well, that looked like it was going to be bad. It was bad for Freidile He ended up coming out, but I think a lot of us were just worried about everybody there. To show you Elie de la Cruz, who we haven't talked about, I feel like a lot on the show, You're right right, you know. Just that's why I wanted to put him in today because we really haven't had a lot of Ellie moments. We've had a couple of Ellie betts here and there and some things like that. But the slash right now is two fifty three twenty four, four oh five. Not great with the slugging right. I don't love that he's got seven homers, thirty RBI, fourteen stolen bases, so cometic stats are kind of there. But he hasn't had one of those hot Ellie runs really where he just plays out of his mind. So I'll put this to you, is this an intriguing by low opportunity on Ellie de la Cruz because he it, we know he's dreaky, we know he's going to have those moments where he's going to just blow up over a week, and he hasn't had one of them yet and we're six weeks into the season. Don't you feel like it's kind of like approaching soon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if there's any type of a by low, I'm all in. Uh, you know, the average is still a little bit lower. I think from lower from an expectation standpoint. He's not popping off on the power, he doesn't lead the league in stolen bases. I still kind of think this is, like Legal said, like, I'm not sure anyone's like selling buying him low, or selling him low. I think what happens is this is like the guy goes from an untouchable asset to like, oh, maybe someone's listening now, and you're still having to pay a cost, which would be a top five overall player, which is a lot. But I agree, like I think Ellie is still in line to pop up. If if I could find a book that would let me do stolen base leaders for the rest of the season like they do homers, I would still bet Ellie. There's a couple things in like that. His expected batting average is a bit lower that I'm monitoring. He's a lot worse against off speed pitches this year, but he's making more zone contact. I still think he's a monster. And the thing he's missing there, look, there's like a clear thing. He's not getting the ball in the air. It's a four degree launch angle this year, so he is struggling in the way because he's barreling more. So he's barreling more, but he's getting the ball less in the air. That equates to that stat launch angle sweet spot. So hitting the ball in a way that you can get the ball in the air, he hasn't found that yet. When he does, Ball's gonna fly. Would I would definitely buy Ellie in opportunities and lie said Julio or Ellie Ellie hands down for me. In the trade market, that would be one I would love. If it's like, oh, I'm trading Julio a little bit on the low and maybe he'll bounce back versus Ellie. I would buy Ellie ten out of ten times.
Speaker 1: Shane Boss three runs, four and two third. We've been watching him very closely these last few weeks because the results haven't been great. The E rays above five now, but the x FIP is three eight four. So is there a circumstance here? Where are buying Boz? And if this trend continues, are we concerned that maybe an Ian Seymour might get a look at some point sooner than later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know the Ian Seymour thing. I mean, like, I think he leads the miners in strikeouts right now. Like he's just a beast. How you phrase that? I don't think it will be at the expense of Shane Boss, like when he gets the opportunity, I don't think it'll be at that expense. But Boz has been cursed.
Speaker 1: The guys with five vrrays don't stick in rotations too long now.
Speaker 2: But that's a fair point. But I just don't think it would be at his expense. But he has been cursed ever since that person questioned me on the Dynasty ranks. It is like that moment, Shane Boz has just been brutal I love him as a buy in Dynasty right now. I think it's a it's a it's an okay buy in in Redraft versus Dynasty. I mean, you're still seeing some of the struggles, but he's got up three and a half expected era. He's giving up just way too much contact. There's a little probably bit of a pitch mix change that he's going to work through because he's still throwing like way more curveballs than he's kind of scrapped his slider. Maybe we see a readjustment there. But yeah, if if he's on the low, I think I would probably buy in Redraft. Definitely buy in Dynasty, but I have to temper my expectations because people were thinking that, you know, Boz was the top twenty sp rest of season, and I think you don't want to you don't want to pay a cost that's.
Speaker 1: Like that, all right? Uh. Devin Williams Pitch Day perfect tenth. That's good news for anybody who's waiting on him to come back and be the Devin Williams of old. And speaking of you know, guys being the better versions of themselves, Jack Lder picked up his third victory of the season Tuesday. He limited the Rockies. The Rockies just one run, two hits, six innings. He struck out five. But it was the Rockies, the worst team in baseball and historically one of the all time worst days in baseball.
Speaker 2: They have active baseball team.
Speaker 1: Though, If so, no one's told them, Okay, just.
Speaker 2: Checking, just checking. The Jack Lder wins six.
Speaker 1: That's one, so the ticker is now in one. When he gets the six starts, I'll call him a good major league But you.
Speaker 2: Don't need to call him a good major league. What I think you need to do is you need not to pooh pooh when he has a good start and then go here we go when he has a bad start, and it's like, maybe he's just like a mediocre major league pitcher, and I think that's it.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it was the Rockies. So let's not get ahead of ours. Let's take some questions here. Jerry wants to know about the Pete Rose thing. We'll say that for the end of the end of the show, so if you stick with at the end of the show. I don't know Welsh has any thoughts on it. I know he hates the Hall of Fame anyway, I have some thoughts, but you have some thoughts, all right? Is Tyler O'Neil droppable from Matt on the mound?
Speaker 2: I'd have to pull him up. I'm gonna probably say yes, yeah, two o eight two homers. He's dealt dealt with injuries. Presumably there's something decent out there. Let's go with yes.
Speaker 1: Austin Hayes ear Kurtz. It's definitely Kurts for me. Kurtz. Absolutely, I've seen Hayes have these little moments before. Let's go to do. It's bogger, Joe. I know how you feel about Michael Harris, but I just traded Senga and Alvarado for Michael Harris. Can tell Marte and Iglesias. How do we feel? I feel great because you got can Tell Marte.
Speaker 2: Trade Senga and Alvarado and got Harris, Marte and Iglesias. Yeah, I mean Senga's been good, but getting Marte.
Speaker 1: And look Senga is also a guy who's era is not gonna hold where it is right now. The expected the ra is gonna gonna bring it back around for sure. I know we have somebody who paid with points. I want to them with Stony Lee's I says Stony Stony sports question. There you go, Stony, What do I do with Brenton Doyle twelve team rodo? My outfield is Meryl new bar Springer. I also have Cruise on my bench. I'm holding on to for dear life. Also have Josh Lowe coming off the il. So what do you want to do here with Doyle?
Speaker 2: Ooh man. He was one of the lowest in the preseason on Brenton Doyle.
Speaker 1: You were you were, and he got off to a decent start to he did your call. The first two weeks you were like, eh, bite the nails a little bit.
Speaker 2: I had a couple of those though. It was like Matt McClain and Brenton Doyle. I was like lower than anybody on and then they came out the gates and I was like, all right, here we go and then they have come back down to earth. Doyle still got some profile stuff that looks solid. You'd probably be surprised at, you know, his struggles that he's striking out less than he was last year. Hard hit barrels are better than they were last year, but he's hitting just two fifteen. You got a great ballpark. He's underperforming as far as like babbit goes that. You know, if you're in a short league, ten team league, I think you can probably move. I think it might be advantageous to hold for a little bit, because yeah, there's some stuff I keep looking here. I mean, zone contact percentage is better, barrel is better, hard hit is better. He's improved on strikeouts, like all those things are going. He's getting a little bit unlucky as far as the Babbitt goes. And he's got a great home ballpark, he's got some loud tools, So I think if you can hold, probably hold on him. But if there's somebody super fun that's out there, you know what, Chandler Simpson, I would make that move.
Speaker 1: Here's an interesting one from le may Noevee Marte or Royce Lewis rest of season. I mean I would lean towards Royce Lewis here because I've seen the high points for longer periods of time than Marte. But it wouldn't shock me if Marte was the right answer at the end of the day, which I know is not great, but I think you have to you have to try with Royce Lewis. I think at this point, I think he's just further along in terms of, like of the credibility factor. I think that's where I would put it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that actually is a tougher one than I thought it would be, because it's very tough, like Marte got hurt. What he was doing before he got hurt, look like, you know, he wasn't striking out anymore, and you know he's stealing bas is hitting some homers like that actually looks pretty encouraging. Royce Lewis is doing absolutely nothing since he's got back. I think he just locked in his first hits since being backed, so he was oh for you know, in the first five games of the season. But I think Royce has got some loud tools. I'm gonna lean on Royce as well because Marte's hurt and we got to see what happens. But you know, in a month from now will be hurt in Marte's back. It is way closer than when.
Speaker 1: An hour for now, an hour from now, I know, it's much closer. I think that's why I said I think this is a great question because I think both have value and both have risk. But to me, Lewis just has had a little bit more of a track record at the major league level that I might I want to give that guy.
Speaker 2: Don't you think Royce is, by the way, one of those guys like, you know, the silly injuries we hear in baseball where it's like, you know, he he slipped.
Speaker 1: On soap and oh yeah, he fell into a cure bath yelled his name, and he turned around and slipped down.
Speaker 2: And he fell and then he got hurt for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Yeah, oh geez, that was back. He is from league. Great stat Joe's gonna love this only twice. I wonder if Bruno will like it only twice. In MLB history has a starting pitcher pitched two and a third innings, twelve base runners and eleven hits are all out and both were town or how this season? Eh, where's Mike Mayer nowhere? Where's he about his about his Boston Red Sox? Speaking of the Red Sox, rookie, lookie Marcelo Mayor two for four with a three run homer. I mean, he's becoming undeniable right now. He's sitting on my bench in a league too. I'm just waiting. I'm waiting for that call and public Chandler eight eight k's five scoreless for Triple A Indianapolis. So I want to put the bubble watch back on.
Speaker 2: It's always on, it's next next start. What do we We are okay, so here's a good thing to do. We are past the line whatever we create that line to be. There's a line where it's like I can justifiably or anybody could justifiably say. And that was the whole season where it was like, all right, you gotta build up, you gotta do this. Da da da da dad. And then you start to get really close and we're like, okay, it could be in the next week or two. Then you pass the line where it's like this doesn't make sense anymore. It should be any day. That's where Bubba Chandler's at. But junior Cameron Naro was at that last year where we were just like, what are we doing? Why is he down until August or whatever he was? We're past the line that makes any like justifiable sense. With Bubba Chandler, he had a great he bounced back from a poor start, bunch of strikeouts. We should be there. So, like I will every time you ask me, I will say, the next start is when he should be up in the majors and should be the call. And I still hold too, Like if you've been holding onto him, I still think he kind of should because you drop him now. Have you been holding on to him for six weeks and you drop him now and then.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he can't some slack.
Speaker 2: He's gonna pick him up off the waivers because you dropped him. When he gets called in two days, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Hate yourself now. Anonymous Kurts or Ronda in a keeper Ltz Kurts, it's not even in the same keeper league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely Kurts.
Speaker 1: Here's when Aronda Kurtz. I think they mean Augustin for you utility position. I would go with Kurts too, especially after yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's what I'd be looking at. Ronda's pretty incredible so far this year. I think I might lean Ronda in redraft. But I will say this, the keeper sig even close. If Kurtz like carries this over, Kurts is going to be on this line. But like you would kill for the profile that Ronda has for Nick Kurtz, So I guess I'll lean Ronda on that.
Speaker 1: All right. Lucero's I have Grayson Rodriguez and mcclannon on my IL my first league. But with the injury news, are they worth stashing? They're getting harder and harder to keep if you're getting squeezed at the IL spots. But I mean you got to try to keep both of them or trade one of them. And yeah, I think the way I'm looking at both of those players right now is if someone's going to take give you a useful piece, you know, a David Peterson back of the rotation kind of starter that you can pick your year moments with and who's actually going to play in the next six to eight week, I think I'll take that piece. I'll take Griffin Canning for one of these. I just don't want to wait and have my whole season waiting on these guys to come save my season. And meanwhile, every week I don't have them, they're hurting me. I just drafted start.
Speaker 2: Is David Peterson and Griffin Canning? Like fix what you've been waiting for? Like, that's my only argument.
Speaker 1: You know, statistically speaking, if you just take the names away a little bit, I mean they do. That's the thing I think you have to. You have to look at these hard conversations you have to have with yourself at this point where you look at at the here, we'll do an exercise, right, well, let's look at the stats of major league pictures and where they're at in terms of some of these guys. I'll throw some names at you that are been surprisingly good. If some, I don't think one's gonna give you. Robbie Ray necessarily, right, we're very agree right, especially after that last start he had yesterday, that's probably not gonna happen. I don't think Nola is available, right, I'm not not for these guys now. Jose Burrios probably yesterday.
Speaker 2: I think the names you listed are the ones where like that's that's probably all I mean, I guess if I'm thinking of it, like inversely, like I feel like the Shane McClanahan owned Keller, I want to trade him for David Peterson. But if you were, like, that's as much as you could probably give to get.
Speaker 1: Him, did you take Mitch Keller for him? Strike out to walk has been pretty good, you know, kind of league average four yard.
Speaker 2: Maybe because there's a lot of trade rumors, maybe he can well.
Speaker 1: Look and to Peterson and Canning's you know, Okay, Peterson's got three h five e r Can's got two three sixty RA. Both have eight starts. Both have gone over forty innings forty two to sixteen strike out to walk forty three to sixteen strike out to walk. I mean, geez, that's pretty good. Here's what I'll say if I told you those were Shaan mclanahan's has to be like, Okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Mcclanahan's back to like, I'm being kind of indifferent here because I think it's kind of tough. But at the end of the day, we still have no timetable on Grayson Rodriguez and he said it like a.
Speaker 1: Couple of weeks ago, and I don't think we have one on on Well, we have.
Speaker 2: Worst news because yesterday report came out that he's still feeling pain in his triceps, and that's pretty concern.
Speaker 1: Not pain. I want to say it was soreness or or I want to get the verbiage right, because he didn't use the word pain. I think I have it in the notes, discomfort, lingering, discomfort.
Speaker 2: I saw a blurb that said pain, but maybe discomfort.
Speaker 1: Maybe lingering discomfort.
Speaker 2: Oh I see this discomfort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, would you drop one of those pictures for Chandler Simpson or Bubba Chandler.
Speaker 2: Bubba Chandler Simpson, Yes stole on basis, I think I probably would. You know, I probably shouldn't be as indifferent as I am at the end of the day. If you could get a petersoner canning with what those guys are doing, probably should. But I guess like if you're not, if your I L is not a huge issue in a mess and you're like, oh my gosh, I don't have enough space and I got to drop somebody, then I feel like the upside of both of those guys for the second half of the season is still really positive. But if you are in that, I think you can make a lot of these moves. Bubba Chandler, I'd probably prioritize over both of those guys, I guess right now.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Bubba Chandler, that brings us to our Microsoft Chasing Challenges segment for today. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible, business decision makers today or turning challenges into opportunities and Microsoft meets you are you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make impact with safe secure AI solutions. So whatever challenges you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say, bring it on. And in this segment we spotlight the challenges faced by the Pittsburgh Pirates and why the hell they're waiting to give us our Bubba? Where's our Bubba Chandler? We've been waiting and waiting, and I know he had a bad start not that long ago. And to Watch's point, he's human. He's gonna have some bad stars, but ah strikeouts yesterday. Come on, if he's not up here by the weekend, what are we doing here? This team needs some sort of injection of life. Paul Skiian has been great recently, a little bit more human, but still all world. And at the same time, we're waiting for Brian Reynolds to start hitting. We're waiting for O'Neal Cruz to play again because he was out again yesterday. And look, it's not a very exciting ball club. The manager's gone already and it was only mid May. It's time to get excited about Pirates baseball. The only way we're gonna do that is to get Bubba Chandler up, So let's do it. Already, stop screwing around. Let's let the kids play and maybe, just maybe Pittsburgh think about spending more than ten dollars in the offseason and bring it on some guys who maybe aren't at the very tail end of their careers, like Tommy Vam and Andrew McCutcheon. So pirates, you got a long way to go to compete, but at least start being competitive every day on the mound by giving that rotation another injection of life too. And all of a sudden, it's a pretty good rotation with Skeens, Keller, Chandler and hopefully Jared Jones at some point as well. And that is this week's Chasing Challengers segment. Remember Microsoft's AI solutions power you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com Slash Challengers to learn more. Let's get to some more baseball, and let's start with the ups and downs from yesterday. Robbie Ray three run, six innings, nine strikeouts for him, Andrew Abbott great but no decision against the White Sox seven k's and Josh Young two homers. For him, the downs Jose Burrios classic, Jose good starts, bad starts, mediocre starts. At the end of the day, he ends up being your league average pitcher. Five runs, four earned, a, five and a third. Landon Nac got shelld yesterday against the Athletics. He gave up five runs and four and two third and Jeff Hoffman five runs blues save. Now he is allowed at least three earned runs in three of his last five appearances. So Welsh, take me to Toronto and the closer role. What's in the future here for Hoffman?
Speaker 2: It might be big. Chad Green specula time, I know someone had mentioned that not too long ago, and that this, I mean, this is the curse of curse, and yeah, it was you. Well, I think a listener also had brought it up. It just like it was me, listen, Jeff brought it up. Okay, Well, Jeff had signed that deal, he had been pretty solid through the season, he had had everything locked up, and then pretty much right after saying that he has had all these poor outings, Chad Green has been pretty good. He's got a three and a half hera. I will say, though, oh my god, he's giving up twenty percent barrel right now, and he's gotten expected era that's over five. So this isn't exactly Cade Smith taking over for Emmanuel Clause or Luke Weaver taking over for Devin Williams. I kind of still think that Hoffman, even if they were to say like we're gonna give him a little rest or something like that and they go to Chad Green, I don't think Chad Green's taking this over for him. So I'm still probably a pick up if he's dropped or something like that on Hoffman. But it never hurts to speculate on those second guys if you can. If you have the ability and your rosters and he's out there, Chad Green maybe gets a savor too. Kause Hoffman has been a little nicy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you need help making moves, to use my playbook manage all your Fantasy Baseball lineups. So dominate your leagues with my playbook from fantasy pros against the most powerful suite of tools you'll ever find. Go to Fantasybros dot com, slash MLB My Playbook or download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app today injuries, a lot of them. Roki Sazaki goes to the fifteen DAYIL with the shoulder impingement. I think he went to the IL with the an impingement of his era, which is four seven to two fifteen percent strikeout right. Yuck. Has not been great for Roki, and I was probably the biggest fader of him going into this offseason at all.
Speaker 2: After after me to say we do me both.
Speaker 1: I killed him in the Black Book this year too, I really did. I was like, guys, I'm just not there on this kid. Heyeh.
Speaker 2: I think he'd be massively talented. He's a really interesting dynasty buy. But from day one I got a lot of crap. I did this Industry Prospect draft and I had the first pick and I didn't take Roki Sazaki, and I got crapped on for it. I dated him. I took Tom and guys, which doesn't look that great. So you can grab on me about that, but that I didn't take Roku Zaki, you can grab on me, just not the same thing with the crochet stuff, Like if you wanted, if you want to come at me, come at me about the right stuff, not the wrong stuff.
Speaker 1: But can he bounce back, though, can he come back from this? Yeah? Injury and oh yes, well Zaki caim.
Speaker 2: But the problem has always been you saw Vlo down, You seen that his uh his, he had no slider, his fastball was kind of flattened out. It was all the split finger injury problems or seeing this little mental game to it from day one, fading him. Unbelievable ADP that he had going on zero shares of Roki Sazaki. It's a little I told you so. Does that mean he's going to be an untalented player? Absolutely not. There's a long way to go. But the draft capital that was put into him in the preseason is Berserko. Absolutely berserko.
Speaker 1: Uh. Let's get to some better news. Uh, at some point on the injury list more bad though, Corey Seeger did officially go in the IL. I just want to throw that out there. We were waiting for the official move to happen and took a while. Acunia though, it was back Ronald Acunya, first game back, minor league rehab game, first one Welsh What did he do? Hit a home run? How'd that make you feel? Well? Feel strong? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the cockles were just jingling so wonderful. It is sad, that, isn't it sad When a major superstar has a rehab assignment and I'm not there, It just doesn't feel quite right.
Speaker 1: It is kind of strange.
Speaker 2: I feel like I should have went to Florida just for that. But it was phenomenal to see hit a Homer. He was hanging with all these kids. This is why I'm also taking that under again. He's not going to be for the I think it was in the SCL He's going to move up. He's going to get a little bit more competitive, and I really do think pre what did you say June sixth? Originally you're going to get him right before May happens that we're going to get Ronald Acunya back and love to see Homers in those first rehab starts.
Speaker 1: There's no like. I'm trying to remember too. Was he on the sixty, Like, is there a date where he's not allowed to come back before June?
Speaker 2: That's a great question. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: If he was put on for research that sixty where's the research team? Somebody get them on there.
Speaker 2: But also if research team, let's say he was put on this because you could retroactively do it if he was put on the sixty the season started, I think the twenty eighth, which would line up beautiful four the thirtieth, So.
Speaker 1: There you go, just in time. So yeah, what you first? All right? Kevin Cash, we mentioned it earlier, was mentioning that Shane McClanahan still feeling discomfort, lingering discomfort, and he's not going to start ramping up the intensity right now. So there's still no timetable for Shamee McClanahan, and that just sucks. Man. I went all in this year with McClanahan and Alcontra, and let me tell you, in this one league, it has not been good to me. It has not been good. It's been an epic fail. I have to own it. It's been terrible. The math was good, the risk was good, the price was good. It's just been terrible. Tyler Glass, now he's clear, start throwing, okay, So keep your fingers crossed and that goes okay. Logan Gilbert twenty five pitch bullpen session yesterday. You Darvish is gonna make a minor league rehab start today in triple A. TJ. Friedo we mentioned earlier, had that terrible collision in center field with Ellie de la Cruz. He was removed with a wrist soreness there and then Mike Trout moved from the zero gravity treadmill to fielding into Jody drills on Tuesday. So maybe getting closer to a rehab assignment for Mike Trout, which would be great and Welsh. That brings us to the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh, Let's take a look at today's betting slave. We've got a lot of day games. We're gonna go right to the night and I'm gonna go right to Nico Horner plus two twenty five to steal a base. Now, why am I doing that? Because Augustin Ramirez is just one for fifteen throwing out runners this year. That's not great. Nico's got some wheels, he can steal a base. We're getting a huge return on this plus two twenty five. So I love this. I went out there and you know I'm doing these stolen base props.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm very big on this because I like to see the catchers that are struggling to throw guys out and find the speed stairs because you're always getting such a positive number and tonight Nico Horner is definitely that guy that's getting a really good plus two twenty five just to get a steal. He's also, by the way, fun fact of two players one of two that has yet of all qualifying at bats to hit a home run him and you want to guess who the other one is qualifying.
Speaker 2: At bats that do not have a home run, that do not have a home run. Oh, give me like a small hint.
Speaker 1: A National League East infielder.
Speaker 2: Oh, those are good hints, Mace. That's central. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's leave it for the chat. See what the chat has to say about it. In the meantime, give me Aaron Judge to drive it a run today a plus one twenty five as well. He has a career four twenty nine batting average with a fifteen hundred ops against Castillo. Who's on the hill tonight for Seattle and Turik scooble, give me over seven and a half strikeouts at minus one oh four last six starts, he's been brilliant fifty strikeouts, one walk in thirty seven innings, pitch four earned runs. Just incredible run here for Tarik's schoogle. So those are my bets Welsh. We'll go through yours and then we'll see if anybody's got an answer. No, it's not Jackson Holiday, he said, National League's, National League's.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go with the New York Yankees first five money line. I think Will Warren is on the bump. But more importantly, even though it's the Luis Castillo on is why this is not like heavily favored one direction. But Luis Castillo has not been great. Yankees offense has, so we're gonna go first five money line. It pushes, we push. If they're up by a run through five, we taken it home. We're going with the New York Yankees first five money line. Corbin Barrels Corbyn Carroll is tied for the league lead in homers. Did you know that he is a monster. There is some wind blowing out it's to his opposite side, but you know he's not afraid and he has punched plenty of homers out on the opposite field. But we don't even care about that. Jordan Hicks hasn't quite done that. But we're gonna go with over total bases one point five over total bases, which is plus money on carbon barrels, one of the hottest hitters in baseball plus one oh five, and then this canna be a weird one. But Hunter Dobbins over four and a half strikeouts plus one ten. Dobbins has kind of been a monster. I was doing a stream yesterday on my personal twitch and someone had brought him up and you're looking, and you're going, man, this split finger. There's this fastball, there's this like three pitch mix that's getting it going. He's keeping batters to you know, he's not a strikeout monster, but he's keeping batters to bad contact. You got the Tigers in town. I think that split finger is going to give some people some fits. So we're going to go five strikeouts, which Dobbins has hit I believe in two of his last three starts. So Hunter Dobbins over four point five strikeouts versus the Tigers at plus one ten. Those are my best bets, me and Puppet Joe. I don't know if you saw Joe. We almost had a real true Puppet Joe moment pre bets of the day, but you came back unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Well I always come back's that's possibly today too, which could be fun, all right, don't forget everybody. Make your bets over with FanDuel at fantacypros dot Com slash leading off. New customers place five dollars bet you win. You get two hundred and fifteen bonus bets only when you go to Fantasypros dot Com slash leading off and use the promo code leading off. When you download the Betting Pros app, get seven free day trial of the premium Betting Pros tools. You got NBA, NHL, MLB, all going on, NFL futures, get your bet on, use the Betting Pros tools. You get the Parley Builder, and there the betting systems, the prop betcheet sheet for MLB and more. So head over there today, download the app, use the promo code leading off to get seven day free trial of the premium tools. To the home run board. There it is Wankee Penguin at fifteen, above the Welsh now at fourteen, Marty's still at the top of nineteen. I did not get a homer at up for grabs, I should say, is the Sammy Sosa jersey here autographed by Sammy Sosa, and of course it's from Pristine Auction dot Com. Head over there to get all your fun stuff. Father's Day. Great time to get some stuff for dad or the man in your life. Uh little, uh little, or even just yourself. Get yourself something nice. Well, forget yourself something Bruno, whatever you want. All right, So tonight I'm going with Aaron Judge again. Great numbers against Guestdio. Aaron Judge is out of his mind. He's having a Bonds esque sort of season. I need a home run. I'm I have no shame. So Aaron Judge, that's it. Uh, I got no uh no analysis behind that Welsh what do you got?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna go shameless with you because I haven't done this all year. I don't think I picked. I've never picked Aaron Judge this year. I think check the records, and I don't think I've picked sho heo Tani. I usually do most of mine without but we're gonna go Otani tonight. There's some wind blowing out Otani. Obviously the monster gonna get back on the board. So I saw Joe playing at cheap. I'm gonna play at cheap today.
Speaker 1: We're going double down because I have Hotani yesterday.
Speaker 2: So well, Also, you're gonna do a little imperpetuity because you're not gonna be here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I'll just take judge in perpetuity.
Speaker 2: For the next two days because.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow I'm getting my perpetuity checked. That's he's going to got to do. When you get in your mid forties, he's supposed to go do this, So I'm going to do it. Well, No, not that one. Now, that's not that. It's not that one. It's the other one. It's the one where they, you know, with the camera and they go whoo, they look around in me, they see what's it? Well, they find speaking of pieces of crap, Pete Rose was reinstated to Major League Baseball, I guess yesterday along with Shoe was Joe Jackson. People asked us for any comments we had at the beginning of the show, so we did all the fantasy and all the betting stuff. First. I think that America has a complicated history, and I think it's important to tell it. I think Baseball has a complicated history, and I think it's important to tell it. I think at the same time, you have to let the people who are in charge of the decisions make these decisions. It's funny in some ways Baseball was ahead of America, you know, around the like in the fifties when you're breaking the color barrier with Jackie Robinson. There's a lot of amazing things that went on with major league free agency. Yeah, we take that for granted what that looks like in other sports now that people aren't just indentured servants. In a lot of ways, the story of baseball and the story of America go hand in hand. And they're not always pretty stories. Sometimes they're a little ced, sometimes they're gross, sometimes they're sad, sometimes they're scary. And Pete Rose was an incredible baseball player and also probably a sociopath. He convinced himself that he wasn't doing something he was doing. He did a lot of other things that were very unsavory. From all the accounts that we have. He's the all time hit leader. I think it's kind of crazy to put him in the Hall of Fame after he's dead. I know that's what the family wants, but at the same time, well for me, I look at it and saying, if his peers vote him in, or whoever now gets the vote, if it is the baseball writers first, which I assume it is, that there's a good chunk of them that are going to vote for him. I just want the plaque to tell the truth, and I think at the end of the day, a museum is supposed to be the truth of a scenario and the truth of a history. Same with Joe Jackson, Which is funny because Joe Jackson was never convicted of doing the things. He always said, I never did this. He was part of that group, and you know he said I never threw the games. You know, the money never showed up, all that stuff. So I have an easier point with Joe Jackson than I do in some ways with Pete Rose. But I'm fine with both of them being in the Hall of Fame as long as the plaque tells the truth and the whole story and not just the warm and sunny version of it. Welsh, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I guess I've for the most part, just agree with that. Like it's there's a lot of stuff that people are bringing out about some things I didn't even realize about Pete Rose and what kind of like a garbage person he could be in some spaces, But the Hall of Fame is about the player on the field, and like maybe some of those things can be differentiating factors for a fringy player, but like you know, I'm this is very different scenario, but like very Bond should be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Like there's not.
Speaker 2: A question about it for me.
Speaker 1: Again, tell the truth and tell the truth on the plaque.
Speaker 2: Pete Rose definitely, you know, differentiating the type of person he was and the stuff he did to what he did in baseball, I think are crazy. But I'll tell you this, of all these things, I'm still a little I'm always indifferent. I think the Hall of Fame is kind of silly and all others, like, especially with how it's been treated. But I was thrown off by what they decided to do in the take of this, being like, well it's a lifetime ban, but they're dead, so now we'll talk about it. I think that's hilariously stupid. Really, I just think like, yeah, that's going to if you're gonna consider them in any capacity, then let's have a bigger conversation. Don't just be like, well, now they're dead and they went to their grave with all the badness and that they'll never get there. But now that they're dead, now we can do that. And by the way, US Baseball, we're gonna take all the credit and all the accolades, and oh, we're gonna now put them here and people are gonna come see this, and we're gonna make money off of their name, and we're gonna I think it's silly and stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, the family's care, the legacy cares. They can make money off of it too, sure to a certain degree. But you know, once the once the person's gone, which is why I always hate when people go in possums. I hated when Buck O'Neil went in after he had passed away, a man who gave his life to the game of baseball, and so many people from the Negro leagues had gotten in the Hall of Fame, but not Buck O'Neill, who was an ambassador of the game everywhere, just an incredible human being and a great baseball player too. I was so grateful that Dave Parker was not in that circumstance. He's not been well for some time. I want Dave Parker in the Hall of Fame, to be there at the Hall of Fame, but you know, it's it's baseball. Hall of Fame is a weird.
Speaker 2: And there's not definitive answers for anybody. I think everybody knows that. At the end of the day, it's like everybody has their opinion on it. It's fine. I think there are some things that are kind of like you can just full on, you know, say, like we can't really disagree. Like Pete Rose was the all time hits leader, you know, so like that speaks for himself.
Speaker 1: That is what it was his letter, But he lied about betting on baseball, which he did, which was illegal at the time and was subsequently banned. Tell the story. It's okay, it's a museum. It's music museums. Think about the museums, you know that have horrible things in them. They tell the truth, right, but they're accurate and it's important.
Speaker 2: And there's some scumbags that are in there right now for sure. They just hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's guys who took steroids. There's some horrible human being of Ty Cobb, not the best human being. Yeah right, you know, but again the circumstances are what they are. The answer, by the way of the trivia question, the other guy was Xavier Edwards, who's in this next and last question. He's the guy that doesn't have a home run? Who should I take rest of season? Head to head, Edwards, Netto Wilson or William Thomas, all available on waivers. Wow, shallow league, very shallow.
Speaker 2: They gotta go Nedo. But these are all great options, and you should go with the hot hand if all those type of guys are sitting out there, because then you could just burn and churn.
Speaker 1: Here you go. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB