Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Football Podcast. It is me Joey p Joe, Pi Zapia and with me for Week sixteen on the Waiver Wire, Round two of the playoffs. My best buds Deebro, Derek Brown, the King of Bros. And my Patty Cakes, who just had another year round the Sun. Everybody wish him a happy birthday in the chat. If you have missed the Fitsy birthday, We're gonna do a whole birthday month for you, Fitzie. It's gonna be fantastic. But hopefully, I mean, you know, some of you still got playoff teams alive. We're recording this Monday morning, Monday night, not one but two NFL games really making us sweat out the first round of the playoffs. I don't care for it. NFL stop doing this to me. I already have no hair on my head. So we still have some games yet to be decided. But regardless, hopefully all of you out there listening, watching on the YouTube are looking ahead to Round two in the playoffs and looking for more players or we're gonna help you add them. Because there was a ton of injuries, a ton of football to dissect and reflect upon, including a decision that I just don't understand and I just want to talk about it with all of you because there's a less than ten percent chance of getting an onside kickback. So Dan Campbell's basically telling you in that Lions Bills game, Pat, I like my chances of getting an onside kickback more than stopping Josh out on the Buffalo Bills. That's what he's telling me. What do you think I.
Speaker 2: Thought it was an imprudent decision, Joe. I would rather take my chances with stopping the Bills, and you know, stop the Bills and you get reasonable field position. If you don't get that onside kick, even if you do stop the Bills, then they're going to punt and bury you inside your own twenty yard line. And it's just, yeah, I thought it was a suboptimal decision.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was a very politically correct answer. That was really good. I'm sure a lot of Lions fans have a lot less politically correct answers about it, Debro. Dan Campbell is like the double edged sword. He's the reason they're great, and he's also the reason why in these big games they continue to fall short, and I just feel like these games get in his head. We saw it in the last year in the playoffs against San Francis Go, we're seeing it again. I just don't understand where is heads at.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just think we need a better balance of aggression versus rationality. And I'm not saying like I'm all for go go for the fourth downs, like make everything like four downs and make the defense have to stop you in four downs.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 3: Like some of the calls, I think like we're borderline like reckless in the sense of okay, kicking an on side kick with that much time left and you're only down by a score and a field goal, and what we saw the week before that going for it inside of you know, that close to your own goal line. That's where I'm like, look, I love Dan Campbell. I'm all for the aggression, but there's there's sometimes where it's just like.
Speaker 1: You, honestly do you do it? Like do you think Dan Campbell forgot that you have to announce it's an on side kick now because of the change of the kick off role. I think there's a little bit of chance that he was like, oh wait, yeah, it's different. Now, I'm just saying there's a small chance that they got up there, got to line at the decision and he went, oh, right, they know it's coming. If it'd been a surprise on ziche Cake like it was, you know, two thousand and four, maybe I feel different about it. But look, I mean, it's splitting hairs. It was just a crazy thing in the great game that was really fun to watch. You know, whenever you have almost one hundred points in offense, I'm entertained. But man, I agree with like eighty five percent of it. Man, it's the problem. It's like when you get to this, like the all onside kick stuff. It's like this.
Speaker 3: It's a similar thing as like, Okay, it's third and one. Should we run a quarterback sneak or run it up the gut? Or should we toss a bomb down the field. Okay, let's go for the hailm Arey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Well, look, hopefully our decision making process will be Joe, Joe, can I help everybody make sure you? Oh, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Gonna make a quick fantasy comparison with Dan Campbell. Like Dan Campbell is please, Dan Campbell's the guy who's got a really good roster and wants to get overly cute with lineup decisions and feel like he's really man his team. And so he benches AJ Brown because he's worried about a matchup with Joey Porter Junior and decides to start Mari Cooper instead, thinking I need upside. And you know, Joey told a few people to keep rolling with AJ Brown in our live stream yesterday, and you keep rolling with aj Patty.
Speaker 3: We got so many AJB questions, so many AJB questions in the discord.
Speaker 1: Dude. Look we were all over yesterday and it was live in the chat yesterday too. But look, hopefully we'll make better decisions here than Dan Campbell will make late in games. All right, let's start with the streamer running backs of the week. And there's an opening now in the world of Cleveland because poor Nick Chubb is terrible broken foot, so he's done. So that means Jerome Ford next man up, good matchup against Cincinnati Bengals to that defense. So let's talk about a de bro Jerome Ford. Your expectations for him in week sixteen, where you think you might have him ranked. I know it's a little early for that, But is he RB two? Is he flex? Like, what's your confidence level?
Speaker 3: He's a low end RB two and some of the I guess, like where he falls in that range kind of depends on who do we get for quarterback and what do we get out of quarterback in Cleveland. I mean, Jamis that is not so great. Jamis things this last week and so maybe it's dtr under center, but we all know that the matchup is good. Jerome Ford has been an efficient running back when he's gotten opportunities. I mean, we saw this last week, terrible matchup, nine touches and he got one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Four total yards.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Ford is the guy that, like I really wanted to highlight in this section because it's not only just the Cincinnati Bengals. Like I know that, you know, the last week of the NFL regular season, he gets the Ravens. But a lot of people aren't playing that in the fantasy playoffs. But the next two matchups Cincinnati and Miami both really good ones for Ford.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they certainly are. And look, drum Ford's showing you the ability to catch a football before he's shown you he's comfortable in the offense. He's not a new guy. He's he's not fresh and new, and you don't know what to get out of drum Ford. You know what it looks like when Ford's been the guy. So it's just a matter of how much work load he gets. And certainly the opportunity looks like it could be a good one for a streaming purpose. In week sixteen, FITZI, let's talk about a guy that you know, we've been talking about for a couple of weeks now stashing And really the numbers didn't climb as much as I think they normally would have. Maybe it's just the time of year, a lot of people who are eliminated not putting in waiver wire claims, or maybe people just not familiar with Sincere McCormick. Now, we'll see what happens in this evening game, but as of right now, looking ahead in theory, Sincere McCormack against Jacksonville also looks like a running back that is worth at least grabbing onto for a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so obviously how he fares against the Falcons tonight is going to affect the amount of fat money that people are bidding with whatever they've got left in the tank. But what we really like is the remaining schedule for week sixteen. In week seventeen, he gets the Jaguars and the Saints, two of the best matchups you can have for running back. So what's interesting is that Alexander Madison is expected back in week fifteen for this game against the Falcons. But Antonio Pierce had said has said he is going to roll with sincere McCormick like they are auditioning him for a greater role in twenty twenty five. So seems like he's a pretty good bet for fifteen plus touches. Let's see what he does with them. But if we get encouraging results, I think people are really gonna want to spend up to take advantage of these Jaguars and Saints matchups down the stretch.
Speaker 1: All right, So there you go. So McCormick another guy to keep a close eye on. Also keep a close eye on the most wonderful time of the year for getting all in in sports betting, hoops, football, hockey, you name it, this is it, and Draftking Sportsbook is all over it. With all the action you could possibly handle, So many games every day, so many opportunities to place your first bet. Try betting on something simple like picking a team to win or a touchdown, whatever it might be. Go to DraftKings Sportsbook app and place your bet. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use that promo code Fantasy Pros. That's promo code Fantasy Pros for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks. Happy Holidays from DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and wy four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash bball.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about a wide receiver and FITZI your Green Bay Packers really stuck it to me last night. I'm not happy about this at all. And Romeo Dobbs is back again, folks, the cycle of Romeo Dobbs, this season of getting picked up and dropped and picked up and dropped. But here we go looking ahead to next week. You want to pick them up again against the New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 2: Why because the matchup is decent. Dubbs has like sort of a minimal level of involvement, Like you can't fully trust anyone in this Green Bay passing game right now, Joe. Because the Packers really like to run the ball. They have become one of the run heavier teams in the league, and they are sorting out targets between Jaden Reid, Christian Watson, Romeo Dobbs, Tucker Crafts, cameo appearances by Dontavian Wicks, and the occasional Malie Heath or Bow Melton. So it's not a big pie to go around. But Dobbs does seem like the one receiver who's fairly consistently involved. Jaden Reid and Christian Watson will have these inexplicable disappearances. Sometimes Dobbs seems like he gets his five or six targets at least, no matter what, he's in a good offense, and the matchup looks pretty good against the Saints this coming week.
Speaker 1: Another matchup on paper that might look pretty good as one for a Tampa Bay wide receiver that I was very high on coming into the year and it just didn't happen. Godwin it Evans just kind of took off. And again, you know, I've been talking about it for weeks and weeks. Baker Mayfield is my MVP. I don't know if there's one guy that's gone out there and done more with less this year and just take this team by the haunches and going through. He's the intercontinental heavyweight MVP. That's what he is. He's the worker title guy. He's that dude who deserves a lot more credit. And Jalen McMillan, now all of a sudden, might be a guy worth looking at. And I still like this player of long term in Dynasty. I like a lot of the buzz he got in training camp and here we are now in week sixteen, Debro you think he might be relevant?
Speaker 3: I do, and I think it's time for us to stop and give the guy a respect. I mean, over the last two weeks he's gotten a twenty three percent target chare, he's averaging sixty seven receiving yards, and he's scored freaking three times.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he's a viable flex player this week and the matchups moving forward Dallas, Carolina, New Orleans are is anybody worried about any of those secondaries?
Speaker 1: Nobody should be. All right, let's talk about a quarterback here, because super flex leagues are gonna have to be look at because mahomes iffy with the ankle. Then you also have got Geno Smith. It's just it's kind of brutal out there. Superflex has been tough this year. It's been pretty late. A lot of guys gropping up on the waiver wire, believe it or not, not always good options, but there is an option against the Raiders next week. You are in on debro Let's talk about mac Jones. What you saw yesterday. I mean, obviously BTJ had a big day, so clearly, Pat, you were talking on the live stream yesterday with me on Sunday about you know, I think BTJ is gonna be fine. Just keep leaving him in your lineups, and you know, I know you told a lot of people to keep them in. Certainly was a good return. So can we roll that over for yet another week here with mac Jones?
Speaker 3: We can, And I understand people are gonna hear the name mac Jones and they're saying, oh, really, are we at that point with all the quarterback injuries and what we've seen, And the bigger part of this is they're playing the Raiders. Their past defense can't stop anybody Mac Jones and to put a little bit of respect on the name entering Monday Night Football, Mac Jones QB.
Speaker 1: Eight for Week fifteen.
Speaker 3: So that's just I just got to keep it real with people, like I understand it's hold your nose kind of gross, but the matchup is great and I think he could be AQB one again for US in Week sixteen.
Speaker 1: Against the terrifying Jets defense. No less too, speaking of the Jets. Last week, there was somebody on the show that recommended Aaron Rodgers and it was this guy over here, pet fitz Morris, And it worked out. Deante Adams had himself a day. He ate lots of yarders there for Aaron Rodgers put up a thirty burger there. In most formats So are we gonna roll the dice two weeks in a row here, Pat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if you're one of these Patrick Mahomes, Gino Smith or maybe Jamis Winston stakeholders. We don't know if Winston is gonna be starting in week sixteen. There is appeal with Rodgers. He's had two really nice games in a row. He and DeVante Adams are now clicking like they were at their peak in Green Bay. And he's got Garret Wilson who maybe gets a squeaky wheel game after apparently being upset that Aaron Rodgers didn't throw a fade that Garrett Wilson wanted him to throw. So weaponry is not a problem. And maybe in a matchup against the Rams this week. I know the Rams passing game was not going full boar last week in that kind of rainy game against the forty nine ers on Thursday night, But maybe this turns out to be a little bit of a shootout. Matthew Stafford and Aaron Rodgers hearkening back to their NFC North ays together and hooking up for a high scoring affair. I do think there's upside for Rogers. I'm probably gonna have him ranked as like a mid range QB two this week.
Speaker 1: I love hearkening back to things. I think you like a good mark in there, de bro I do. I do likes a good hearken, especially when it's cold inside. I like a good hearken. Yeah, if anybody's fixing a hearken, it's Derek Brown. Let's get to the tight ends here. Uh, let's go with you here, Fitzie, let's start off here. Let's do something smart at tight end. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty intrigued by what we've seen from stones Smart Joe, Like he looks really like quick and athletic and rangy to me, like he shows pretty good catch radius. He seems faster than the average tight end, Like he is a pretty pure pass catching tight end. And if we'll Disley misses Week sixteen, in case you haven't noticed, the Chargers can't run the ball anymore. Like their running game is just completely broken. So I think they're going to have to throw maybe a little more than Greg Roman and Jim Harbaugh would like. And maybe stone Smart could be part of that down the stretch. I think he's got some intriguing streaming potential for Week sixteen.
Speaker 1: How much does Jim Harball want Ashton genty in the draft this year. What's somebody to run the football all day long? All right? From a smart tight in selection to a strange one. Derek Brown take it away.
Speaker 3: I just for everybody they're watching this on the YouTube, Joe grinning ear to ear with these illustrious transitions, just has to get Week sixteen that you did.
Speaker 1: You were like, if you don't enjoy what you do, what's the point of doing it? Having a good time. Here, it's week sixteen, We're in the playoffs. Let's go, come on, do five thousand shows this year. You know we're coming to an end here, We're gonna a little bit of a break maybe, so plowing through this is how I amuse myself on that. Hey man, look, we gotta talk about other person.
Speaker 3: We got to talk about stranger things right now, and I'm gonna talk about Brenton Strange.
Speaker 1: I didn't think we'd be sitting here a week sixteen talking about.
Speaker 3: Brenton Strange as the tight ends stream intersure, But here we are, and they get the Raiders just talking about Mac Jones. Good passing matchup for Mac Jones Strange last week, I mean, doing his best Evan Ingram impersonation twenty six percent targets here eleven receptions and seventy three receiving guards. Now he gets raiders who have allowed the third most receiving yards per game and fantasy points per game to tight ends. Yeah, he's gonna be flirting with tight end one value this week.
Speaker 1: It's not surprising either that Strange was good with Mac Jones, because you know, when you're the number two quarterback, you're working with the number twos. We've seen this plenty of time, so keep that in mind too. If you're gonna see like Carson Wentz maybe play next week, Maybe somebody else might get a little bit more involved. It's just something to keep in mind. Maybe more of a DFS thing, but when it comes to the injuries, we've had a tight end at this point. If that Strange Jones connection is a thing, and it looked like it was at least yesterday in a good matchup, maybe in week sixteen, it's something to pay attention to. Debro Let's talk about a streaming defense for Week sixteen. Everyone's trying to eke out every single point they possibly can. What defense do you think can help folks out in this round two, we're going down to the bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 3: And I'm not telling you got to feel great about it, but you just start every freaking defense against the Giants. I don't care who's playing quarterback. I don't care if it's Tommy d Drew Locke or a day Ball is going to be under center this week because we don't know, but we're we're streaming the Atlanta Falcons against the Giants, all.
Speaker 1: Right, streaming. Well, that mean the Giants, certainly, well, they're a thing. They're a football team. They are they exist. It's bad. You know, it's frustrating too, because I had I'm not a Giants fan by any stretch of the means, but I had expectations that day Ball was actually a good hire and it seemed like, you know, things were going in the right direction, and it just seems like that one big decision that they had to make, they muffed it and they just haven't been able to get back on track since. And everything's just literally fallen apart. And that's unfortunate because that's the coaching and that's the leadership of getting the guys prepared, and they just haven't been Who's going to be prepared in week sixteen on the defensive side for you.
Speaker 2: FITZI wait, Joe, can we backtrack to this theory you have about backup quarterbacks and backup receivers, because it sounded like you brought up Carson Wentz. It sounded like you're saying we should maybe pick up sky Moore for an incoming Again.
Speaker 1: Keeper has already picked umup. I'm sure in three yeah, yah, got a roster nowhere now, No, But I mean, what we've seen that before, FITZI, like, we how many times have we seen like there's a secondary wide receiver on a team like the Chiefs, probably less of a thing, but on a team like Jacksonville where there's injuries and openings, you know, it was kind of that thing also too, where you know the New Orleans Saints quarterbacks, all right, well, Rattler Hayner, Who's who have they been practicing with? There's no wide receivers out there for this team. Maybe somebody pops off and has a good game. You can't take a lot of risk of this time in the season, though, but with range, it seems like one that you might be able to scout.
Speaker 2: Team chemistry is real, Joe.
Speaker 1: It is real, amazing, and scout team talent is real too, So remember that because sometimes it lets you down. That's why they're on the second team in the first place. FITZI stick with your Homer picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've we've got a We've got a team, an indoor team from the Deep South coming up to Northeastern Wisconsin for a football game next Monday night. Temperatures should be somewhere in the twenties I would expect for that one. And we don't know who's gonna be quarterbacking the Saints. Maybe Derek Carr comes back from his concussion and his hand injury, but really, what's the point of doing that. And if we don't get Derek Carr, I think we're going to get Spence Spencer Rattler, who came in in relief of Jake Hayner, who the Saints clearly were not too enamored with after his early game showing on Sunday. So yeah, I mean Spencer Rattler. We saw the Packers get their pass rush dialed up against the Seahawks Onday night, and Rattler in his three starts plus his relief appearance on Sunday, he has fumbled three times, thrown two interceptions, and taken fourteen sacks. So this is a pretty good.
Speaker 1: He's the one they want to see again, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and he is the preferred backup option here. So things look pretty good for the Packers defense this week.
Speaker 1: Deepro, we're you getting like a doctor evil vibe from FITZI just now when he was like, it's going to be very cold in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for a hair little cat to just jump on his lap.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: He's like, you know it was actually no, it wasn't even Doctor Reeve. It was more like it was more the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. He's like, Oh, I'm afraid Green Bay will be quite cold when you get there. I feel like that's kind of the vibe he's he's still in a high from last night. You can tell Fitzy just he hasn't slept the wing.
Speaker 4: He was watching all that.
Speaker 3: He kept watching all the same house sacks. One think about his day.
Speaker 1: He saw the Lions lose in the afternoon, then at night he saw his Packers win. He's looking around, He's like, oh, maybe you know the Viking's good lose today. Next thing, you know, all of a sudden. Those Packers are right there and think of it like that's that's a spicy All right, Let's get to the kicker, because we have to. Who's the kicker?
Speaker 2: Cade York for the Bengals, repped by your sweatshirt, Joe.
Speaker 1: That's right, and uh yeah, I mean were good that one year, Yes, Cad York.
Speaker 2: I believe his career field goal percentage on like thirty seven career tries, it is only like seventy three percent. So I'm not vouching for the caliber of the kicker. I'm vouching for an offense that has averaged thirty four points a game over its last six games. The Bengals are just on fire offensively, and that is going to have residual benefits for whoever's kicking field goals and extra points.
Speaker 1: All right, So there you go, another kicker added to the list. Go ahead, their debro. Give us the kicker for Week sixteen.
Speaker 3: Chase McLaughlin. Baby, he's at least sixteen Fantasy points sixteen in two of his last four games.
Speaker 1: So you talked about loving Baker, Gotta love the kicker too. Hey, man, Baker's been the real deal. I'm I'm happy that he figured it out. Yeah, he's a fun player. He's got a lot of energy. I know he had a lot maybe too much swag. Maybe he needed to get humbled a little bit. Whatever it was, he's figured it out now and it's been great. And Tampa does play in a soft division. But regardless, man, he has been a great job leading this team. This is gonna be back to back QB one years for him fantasy wise. I mean, what a value he was in super flex leagues and he's played so good. Man.
Speaker 3: If the Bucks had a like an actually good defense and they were a ten or eleven team, I think he honestly would be in the MVP conversation and he should.
Speaker 1: We Look, they can fix that. It's so offseason, right, like if you have the quarterback, you can fix everything else. You know, got to keep the OC, keep the OCU. But look, I mean this is a different OC this year though, too. I mean, look, that's lost canals last year and then you know this year, new OC. A lot of people were question sing like, is it gonna fall apart? Louyd Gino did it didn't. In fact, it might have even gone better in some aspects of the game. Let's talk about the top five list for those of you who are running waivers this week. In Week sixteen, Round two of the playoffs, FITZI give us your top five that you feel good about rostering this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got Sincere McCormick number one over Jerome Ford. Pretty close call. I think you could flip those if you wanted to. But I really like Sincere McCormick's Week sixteen week seventeen schedule. Number three, Kendre Miller. We saw Alvin Kamara leave with a groin injury, and so maybe it's a full dose of Kendre Miller in Week sixteen against the Packers. You know, not a favorable matchup, but if he's getting twenty plus touches and the Saints are trying to hide their quarterback, he could have some value. We'll go with Romeo Dobbs at number four and number five, ty J.
Speaker 1: Spears.
Speaker 2: You've got Tony Pollard dealing with an ankle issue, and Spears looked really good as a pass catcher yesterday against Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Okay, Debro, your top five for Week.
Speaker 3: Sixteen pretty much in concert with FITZI here just a few small wrinkles, but since here McCormick number one, Jerome Ford number two, Kendre Miller number three. For all the reasons that FITSI outlined, I mean just volume alone of Kamara Missus, he's on that RB two, RB three, CUSP, Jalen McMillan number four, and Tajy Spears coming in at number five.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's your Waiver Wire for the week. Remember the rankings are up for Waiver Wire on Fantasybros dot com, so or all the Waiver Wire articles and contents. So we need extra help and of course the waiver Assistant still rocking and rolling sink your leagues for free with my playbook. Download the app, go to fantacypros dot com slash my playbook, use the tools to find these guys that are available in the rest of your leagues that are still alive. And if you've listened to the show all year, we encourage you drop a review of the podcast. Leave a five star review. It's the season of giving, so give us a couple stars. We appreciated. The nice review is always a nice way to say thank you for all of those teams that you have that made the playoffs and all the hours and hours of joy that Pat Fitzmorris gave you. He deserves it. Give him the five star, not me, and certainly not Derek. But again, subscribe to the YouTube channel, subscribe to the Fantasy Prose podcast wherever you get your pods, and that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for Derek Brown and Pat fitz Morris. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at Fantasypros dot com, slash.
Speaker 1: Review, or on Spotify.
Speaker 5: Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros.