Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfields, exploding down the sideline.
Speaker 3: He is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuck where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Gross, welcome to the show Hang It with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by Wingstop where Flavor gets its wings. If you look alive at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star and Frisco, where it is a cloudy seventy six degrees. The hoigh today is only eighty. The lod to night is sixty nine. Back up into the nineties next week or later this week.
Speaker 5: Let's see next week.
Speaker 4: So we enjoy some eighty degree temperatures this week.
Speaker 5: How you guys doing, how you feeling?
Speaker 6: I'm ready, I'm getting ready, but just Tay over with his gable win for get started.
Speaker 7: Man your dentals. Today's mental health Wednesday? How'd you mental?
Speaker 6: We know how it d is?
Speaker 5: I still got some problems.
Speaker 7: If we have any dentists watch our show. Please reach out to us so we can get shave.
Speaker 5: My deductive ball come to you.
Speaker 4: Instagram is Shinnon underscore PG, as well as Twitter parential guidance.
Speaker 5: Hit me up?
Speaker 4: What's your what's your what's everybody's social media handles?
Speaker 6: I'm the same hotmail dot com.
Speaker 5: That oh Lord gave an email. They can get me, they can get me. It's okay, get me back. I gonna kill you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ain't.
Speaker 5: I ain't going your mouth.
Speaker 6: You have ain't going outside.
Speaker 7: I don't meat package picks in there and everything.
Speaker 5: And I know what now, brother, wrong show yes man.
Speaker 7: Hanging with the boys too much?
Speaker 6: Hey, look ahead, old man. This game over week and we go home.
Speaker 5: Kurt, what's your Instagram?
Speaker 8: DC Star editor? Well, I'm not on Instagram much, Twitter.
Speaker 5: Twitter, Twitter is you're preferred.
Speaker 6: I thought it was X what it is X?
Speaker 7: And you're I'm mister four all the way across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, but you're not.
Speaker 5: You don't really do much on Instagram.
Speaker 7: Tell everybody that though.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying you don't. You post stuff, but you don't. You don't communicate there.
Speaker 6: Correct, I don't communicate either.
Speaker 7: Twitter is where you You know what I.
Speaker 5: Like about you?
Speaker 4: You know your you know you're limited, not limitations, but you know weaknesses.
Speaker 5: Like me, I have a very addictive personality.
Speaker 4: I know if I if I do something and I enjoyed it, I'm all in, like that's what all I want to do, like, and I do it hardcore until I get burned out on it.
Speaker 7: You're die Cocaine.
Speaker 4: You're kind of the same way, you know, like, all right, this is this is a vice. I probably don't even need to go there because I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: And then you're you got eighty five handles that Nate Newton sixty one at.
Speaker 6: No, I'm at whooping the jets. That's what I'm at.
Speaker 5: What you're what's your Instagram? Because you are on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Slaughter jets at all calls give them.
Speaker 5: I'm done with I'm done with you.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, I'm just letting y'all know what the bus Finna have? What is it?
Speaker 7: Carpei omia.
Speaker 5: Everything?
Speaker 6: What is it? Carpe go pay at the Omni? What is it?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 5: You know I'd rather have this Nate than the Nate we have Monday.
Speaker 6: All I don't is we finished. We finished some jets give us the update. I ain't gonna give you without unsol film.
Speaker 8: Why not?
Speaker 6: We want to hear what you saw, because what I saw a feelings. This is New York Giants two point game over? Is it really? Yes?
Speaker 5: But do you know we're talking about them defensive?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, defensively, they got a great defense. They but they can't score points. They can't score We'll have a.
Speaker 4: Good show today because they have a good there's things to talk about on their yes, sir, Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: It's like running into a brick wall.
Speaker 5: What do we want to start with Cowboys offense?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 5: Or do you wanna start with Jets defense?
Speaker 6: Just just gonna give us the offense a Cowboys offense? Okay?
Speaker 8: So are we good?
Speaker 5: Are we good?
Speaker 8: Teeth look good?
Speaker 5: Do you get a haircut?
Speaker 8: I did so?
Speaker 6: His meddles is pretty good.
Speaker 5: What's the one thing here we go?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 5: Here you go here?
Speaker 6: You addictive personality?
Speaker 4: One thing that you do that you do for yourself that when that makes you feel good better if you have a little funk, or even if you're in a good mood, it just it brightens you.
Speaker 5: Like get your hair cut.
Speaker 7: It's not get that turkins out.
Speaker 5: This is not.
Speaker 6: Is out for this.
Speaker 10: Once you get your jerkings out, we need to get out.
Speaker 5: We didn't even make it to the third segment. Oh, I'll try to.
Speaker 6: Get It's one more thing I gotta say to you other shows, y'all are wrong. We don't have gadget players. Oh, we don't have gadget players. So go ahead and sorry, I just you know you.
Speaker 5: Want to call them out by name? Yeah, I would, man, but one of them signs my check, so.
Speaker 7: I don't want to be associated with that conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's pretty good. Cowboys offense, Jesse go.
Speaker 7: Let's reset. Can we reset.
Speaker 5: Started the intro? Chris, you got the intro?
Speaker 7: Can we reset this thing?
Speaker 5: Let's get let's get focused cowboys, Let's get focused.
Speaker 7: Let's let's get focused.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Okay, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 4: This one point oh two segment brought to you by Wingstop Thats w b C Podcast Studio. We're back, Yeah, Jesse, Holly, Kirt Daniels, Nate. Yes, we're about to talk Cowboys offense. Yes, Jess Holly, our offensive dissecting Guru.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't go Gurule. That's a little bit much. Okay, that's a little too much. I don't want that on my shoulder.
Speaker 5: You did the you did the work before the first game.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna do the work every game you and you called it. I'm gonna do the work every game you called it. And so all right, so remember that there's a there's a viral video out right now of Miles Garrett and he's like dribbling, like he's like air dribbling the basketball. I promise y'all, that's Mike McCarthy. Like Mike McCarthy. And the way that he's setting up this offense is literally like he's literally at the top of the key. I saw, like he's just sitting up there like this. And when you go back and you watch the Giants game, like, maybe it's not obvious for everybody, and I shouldn't put that kind of thing on everybody, but you can see how he's setting things up. You can see the multiple personnels, you can see the multiple alignments, you can see all of those things being set up, and then you can see that at that one point in time of the game, and it's really like right after halftime, you can just see him go like this. You can just see him throttling down and go, we're gonna solvet this thing out and we're gonna do.
Speaker 5: Just what we need to do. Let's don't show too much save it, but.
Speaker 7: You can just as you're watching the game develop and he's just literally like this, dribbling the basketball. It's like, I'm going to get what I want when I want, how I want to who I want to get it to, whenever I want to get it, and he is just jumping for joy. And honestly, the rain cheated us. The weather, the weather in New York cheated us.
Speaker 4: Did Dack's timing look okay, because I know that was a big concern amount.
Speaker 6: To me, Yes, I think it's time was on, but go ahead on my brother.
Speaker 7: But but it goes back to I think the weather cheated us. The weather cheated point because the.
Speaker 8: Even case to look forward to.
Speaker 7: But but you can tell that Mike wanted to come out and just where Shorts hit the button, like he wanted to let it all hang out.
Speaker 6: He wanted to hang with.
Speaker 7: And the thing that I looked at like I saw the drop passes, right, but that play, those plays, I'm not giving these guys excuses because I hate drop passes, weather conditions, permitted touchdowns, drive continuers, chain movers, those plays will come back again the way that he was designing these plays to get the one on one matchups, to create these different type of situations and scenarios. Man, when you watch the rough plays, when you watch the mess plays, when you watch how the tight alignments, when you watch how.
Speaker 4: He's using the set the setups, the setups, and it's going to continue to be there in your opinion, another forty, Oh.
Speaker 7: I don't know about forty burger like, because come on, it is saying it's hard to score forty. Even in the midst of all of that, the Cowboys scored twenty seven points offensively, Like in the midst of drop passes, the weather and throttling down, they still put up twenty seven points. And if you go across the border you look at it, twenty seven points would have put you atop the National Football League in points score, right up there with with Miami and the Chargers, Like it puts you at that level. Forty is okay, And then a donut that this doesn't happen like this is not college football right when you where you can match guys up and be like Alabama verse direction who.
Speaker 6: Is a donut sponsor? Used to be used to be Duncan is who is that doing? Okay, well you should get donuts donuts? Yeah, should. But to add on to that, Jess, and I'm glad you put that spill together, right, Uh. I just I looked at the offensive line again. Yes, and then we were stable? We were stable?
Speaker 5: Was speaking of the offensive line? How was be honest? Some people said he had a bad game.
Speaker 6: He had a few technique breakdowns. I think because one time he reached the guy, but he didn't get his hands on him. He didn't lock his hands into him. Because if he hadn't locked his hands into him, it was a hit for a loss and it forced Tyron and in the playside guard into bad angles. So they closed down on him because they forced the play out and they were supposed to go up inside.
Speaker 8: Two of the best. Right.
Speaker 7: But let me ask you this question because and please, I do want I do not want to sound like I'm making excuses, but I know as a receiver, just kind of like I watched CD run that post caller and most times I would say back route because of how many stuff they took for him to get out of the route.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: It was still a completion, but due to the weather and that feel of slippery met life has become notoriously known to having a bad surface, like people hate life service. How does that affect offensive line because even getting to a guy and being able to reach them, its hands and feet have to come together.
Speaker 6: Right. What happened is the guy just didn't read the defensive player didn't. He was already slightly playside. The play was going left. He was on my left eye. So that made me have to be quicker as a center because it's raining, but I had to be sure he got his feet there. But he just didn't lift his hands into him so he could turn back into him. Because if you to put his hands into him, that'll put that play side foot in the ground. And he could have shoved him back only six inches and bow you gotta play because now your tackle and your guard up on their guys. But when they did, already forced it out wide and they threw these guys out of line and they just closed down for a loss. I saw that run time and he got drove back. Well. In this league, when you're playing them them Alabama boys and them Georgia boys, they gonna push you back. You're gonna see a little bit of it this this week too. But this guy pretty good. But these guys did bless you think what these guys did, for the most part was latched onto guys and stayed glued on. And that's with Tony Pollard Donald and he and and now Turpin is our third running back. These guys made Hay with it. I wasn't gonna play, but I'm telling you give for I'm telling you, uh, we we we We're facing a more active defense. I think this week player for player. Uh this is just my eyes and I know everybody may not see it because we're so high on our defense. This defense can play with our defense. I told somebody earlier. I say the only thing they're missing is a Michael Parsons because if you take Parsons and set him out there will coach a Solah if you he will be using this guy the same way our genius is. And this I hate to say this. I know I'm upset some people. Hope y'all guys speak to me. Player for player, they're better than us, except for Parsons. Player for player, they're equal, are better.
Speaker 11: Than I was going to ask you there are there two cornerbacks better than our two.
Speaker 6: They're just as good. They're they're they're just as good. Now I have I don't know how good sauce is gonna be, and I don't know how good.
Speaker 7: Let's not go there. Let's let's not go defense just yet. I do want to I do want to add a couple more things on offense that I think.
Speaker 6: Well, you got to hurry up, bab we got two more segments. No, no, you got to hurry up y'all. Guys, y'all need me.
Speaker 5: What they need you for.
Speaker 6: They may got some money. Their dudes bring money.
Speaker 5: They bring money you need. They didn't realize that they need me pr now the county. I thought, those the guys you don't want coming.
Speaker 6: The money man. But I'll go ahead on Jess. I'm just messing and offensively.
Speaker 7: We talked about a little bit earlier in the week, and I think this is going to continue to rain. True. It's the distribution. It's the distribution of how this offense is getting the ball out to all the many different guys. Like when you go back and you look at that game we talked about it Monday, there were multiple I mean three or four running backs touched the ball what was it? Seven seven seven? Eight receivers last tight ends touch the ball like this is. And And while that may not pay huge dividends right now because we want to see the big guard, those are going to come. Those are gonna come. The guardy numbers are going to come. What it does now is it allows this team off fit to be so multiple, to be multiple in their options, to be multiple in their sets. And now once everybody becomes a viable option, it's hard for a defense to set on one guy. When you compare what this team is offensively to it was what it was last year. I can understand a little bit why Dak Prescott through so many interceptions when you had that, Like as just as a thinker of the game, when I when quarterbacks go into a game like they're human just like us, and that is he can sit in front of the media and say all the right things. He's perfect at that. Like the Cowboys have had a long line of just people who know what to say in those situations. Tony Romo, Jason Went and Dak Prescott, all those guys say the right thing. But I find it very hard. No, I don't know about this. I don't know about this. I find it very hard to believe that in the thought I said of Dak's mind that he would go out there in certain games in my life. And I like Noah Brown, but I don't know if Noah Brown is the matchup that we want. I like Dennis Houston, but I don't know if this is. I don't know if there's a level of confidence that he really internally took. And when you're trying to make things happen, and you know the only option that you have right now is Ceedee Lamb and other teams do that as well, so you're trying to I think what he was trying to do last year is what they're going to do this year. Trying to make guys multiple, trying to make the offense make multiple, trying to make other guys an option for the offense so that he could get an opportunity to exploit what Ceedee Lamb is as a player. I don't think he has to force that this year.
Speaker 11: Are we in this kind of sweet spot though right now where teams haven't really seen McCarthy's offense yet, or should we explore or games?
Speaker 7: Right Nah, you can go back and watch Green Bay.
Speaker 6: You think so, you but it still ain't gonna they still ain't gonna know totally because it's new players, Like we're going intoday, it's still the new players. You may have concepts, Yeah, there's some some philosophies, but.
Speaker 7: But but but you know at the end of the day, right, the foundation is the philosophy that you've had all your But.
Speaker 11: You're not worried about teams kind of figuring out trends and that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: No, not this early.
Speaker 7: Right, we're kind of yeah, yeah, to not this early to figure out trends and concepts, like to figure like to get a real beat on what that you need, you need four to six games, like usually by time jokers get to the bye week. You are who you are, like.
Speaker 8: Just in time to face the forty nine ers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're like you are who you are like that like a lot of what you are and what you what I don't look at my chill out you gave you gave.
Speaker 5: Kurt, Look like, no, man, you're trying to put a dam Let you an't.
Speaker 6: Let you put no damp on this man.
Speaker 7: If there was curse words to that one, we would we would be off the air right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm saying you bring in straight gospel.
Speaker 12: He's saying, Amen, you're gonna worried about this week. That's who we play in this week. Ex yeah better, what better? Were worried about this week? At the forty nine?
Speaker 6: That's pretty good?
Speaker 13: Look like.
Speaker 7: I like that, but yeah, like so so that that's kind of like my last little bit of of what the Cowboys are off faces.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Peter might be down here because of Jesse's comment earlier. He might be trying to jerk you take a first break. That one yeah you.
Speaker 7: Had to.
Speaker 2: Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve GUACAMOLEI made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores produce or deli section grab some today.
Speaker 14: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 6: You want to stay at.
Speaker 14: The team hotel, attend the best tailgame party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 15: See Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog worthy care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, See Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek After day Seed Geek, You're a ticket.
Speaker 6: They're great.
Speaker 13: Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 7: How's wing stop sound?
Speaker 13: Crispy juicy classic wings made to order cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature windstop range and of course spicy Cajun fried corse. I think you've heard enough, get your flavor delivered at Wingstop.
Speaker 6: I come back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys. Kurt Daniels, Jesse, Holly, Nate Newton.
Speaker 4: I am Shannon Gross and our second segment each and every day is brought to you by a blockchain dot com. Thank you blockchain dot com. Jesse talking about Cowboys offense because because this defense is so good in their corners, their coverage games so good. Does that make your third and fourth receiver higher value this game? Will they see more targets? Are they more I guess valuable this game?
Speaker 5: Will they?
Speaker 4: You know, because Sauce is probably gonna be Is he gonna man up on CD or is he gonna Is he gonna stay on his side?
Speaker 5: Is he gonna they'll play sides?
Speaker 6: They'll play sides an they didn't.
Speaker 7: They didn't man them up against Stephan. Yeah, so if you rate Stefan better than you do CD, then equal or equal to so.
Speaker 4: I don't see the Yeah, so does that make tight ends more important in this game?
Speaker 5: Tight ends and third and fourth receiver?
Speaker 13: Nah?
Speaker 7: You know what, you know what's important in this game?
Speaker 5: What running game?
Speaker 7: You gotta run the football coming from a receiver. You have to run the football. While while and I still do believe the Giants had a really good defense in front, the trend in the National Football League right now is I need to get Quinnon Williams type players who command double teams in the middle and then allow my other guys to work one on ones when you see when you see our guys. And I went back and I looked at Micah lined up multiple times in a gaps standing over the center, and it was just for the simple fact that when he lines up in there, he's getting double teamed. And so you are allowed to have guys like Osa ghostend and the others play off of that, because, like Nate was saying the other day, when your B level players are high level B level players, they're expected to win the one on one battles. And if you have good coverage in the back end. If Micah is eating up a double on either side, then I have to have a guy like os Digyzua win a one on one battle. When you look at the Jets defense, they're they're built in that manner. You're gonna hear the name a lot Quincy Williams. You're gonna hear that name a lot on Sunday. You're gonna hear that name a lot. Quinnen their brothers.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 7: Quinnen is the defensive tackle. Quincy is the linebacker. He's a dog. He is a dog. They don't rush him much, no, but he doesn't miss much. When it comes his way. Big Bro cleans it up. Big Bro keeps him clean. Quinn in the middle is eating up double team blocks and allowing Quincy to be a rover and just go and go see ball, get ball, hit ball.
Speaker 6: The thing is the way I say and what Just to expand on what Jesse was saying, they don't have to put their guys in the middle. Because of what he just said, Quinn Williams going to demand a double team. He is the reason that Quinton Jackson had two sacks because this guy did. Jefferson, Quentin Jefferson had two sacks. Correct, he commands that type of respect. I didn't know he was that nice. Last year had twelve sacks. This team had forty five sacks all together. And they basically did it with a four man front with Quinn Williams leading the deal. When you look at them and then they come at you in waves, they come at you with Solomon Thomas, they come at you with Mike, with Michael Clemens, they come at you in waves.
Speaker 5: Excuse me?
Speaker 6: What's the kid named Carr lost and didn't even play. He was out with a bad back. They didn't even put him on the on the injury report because they were trying to decide whether he was going to keep him out this game, play him this game or wait for our game. And so this guy is ah, that's another beast. They come at you in waves. They don't they don't worry about so who As long as Quinn Williams is in the game, they really don't worry about what's around him, because, like you said, there's two linebackers, Moseley and Williams. They don't have to come out in nickel and the Williams kid good enough to play a little bit of that diingbacker.
Speaker 7: You know, so he had a play where he covered, thank you, he covered shoot against the Buffalo Bills. They're running back to little brother. I'm joining the black.
Speaker 6: Now Minnesota's older running Yeah, Dalvin Cook, Dalvin Cooks, James James Cook.
Speaker 7: Yeah, where he covered him. Come on the field.
Speaker 6: And I'm telling you man for man. And like I said, i know people gonna take this strong way, but I'm telling you they equal. I'm telling you take away the alien, you take away parties. I ain't saying parts of alien.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 6: But if you go three technique, one technique, outside linebacker, outside linebacker, inside linebacker, inside linebacker, man for man, they can with us. And so if this, if they come in here and play us, even this is gonna be a hell of a game.
Speaker 11: When you've got a strong linebacker. We finally saw a little bit of screenplays and that last week does that kind of negated.
Speaker 8: When you've got linebackers like that that.
Speaker 6: Are they can go get it, get it.
Speaker 7: And that's the thing.
Speaker 6: They can get it.
Speaker 7: They tried to run screens and Buffalo get it. This is a really good defense. Like if nothing else, the Cowboys will be will be prepared for playoff football from the defenses that they have to see up to this boy, and this defense understands, and this is this is going to be. And I don't think this is a track game by any means.
Speaker 16: I was gonna ask you that I don't think this is a track by any means because of the defense. Yes, yes, And I think I think this team is so focused. This Cowboys team is so focused. But this Jets defense understands if we're going to win football games, it's gonna have to be done on this oide of the ball. We're gonna have to give our teams field position. We're gonna have to give our teams maybe a couple extra possessions by turnovers. We're gonna have to create some sort of momentum for our football team because if not, if the Jets offensively under Zach Wilson will not be equipped to come back from ten, thirteen to fourteen points down, if they have to go all passing. So this defense will be motivated.
Speaker 7: They'll be motivated to come out in this football game and to try to create some momentum for their football team.
Speaker 6: Go ahead on Jack Kurk, pull up their lad They lost like out of their last seven eight games, they lost seven of them. They only had one game where they was kind of beat down. Every other game was in six or seven points. These guys, they defense hung in there, and I think coach Salih went to their ownership and say, look at her, fellas, I can't take my defense out here again this year. Do we have total chaos anarchy in our locker room?
Speaker 11: Their last five games last year they scored the highest they scored with seventeen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the highest they gave up was twenty three.
Speaker 6: So you know how you gonna tell your defense? Yeah, man, just hang in there. We got this kid. Just it'll be that archy in that locker room.
Speaker 5: Man, we'll get y'all. We'll get y'all fourteen games.
Speaker 11: When you got a defense that knows, I mean they know they have to carry the stick here, does that maybe open them up for you know, they're gonna take chances they don't need to, or.
Speaker 5: Or do they take less chances?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I mean how does that? Can the Cowboys exploit that in any way?
Speaker 6: I guess they When you have a front four that can come at you in waves like this, they don't have to take chances. They can play you man up play. They got two nice corners. They gotta, they gotta. They got a safety that stays back in the hole.
Speaker 8: Ex.
Speaker 6: Little quarterback, he ain't going nowhere. He gonna beat that single high back, the deepest, the deepest guy to fifty one night. So I'm just saying, they believe in one another. Now, can we hit him with misdirection? Can we get something going?
Speaker 5: Gadget players, don't do that.
Speaker 6: Don't do that.
Speaker 7: Don't don't do that.
Speaker 6: They're not gadgeting offensively.
Speaker 7: The Cowboys. See here's what I don't want people to get to fall in love with. Like again, this forty point. When you beat a team forty to nothing, it becomes this.
Speaker 5: You say it's gonna be a ugly game.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's going to be an ugly game. But understand, if you beat the Jets twenty four to three, that's a good game. That's a forty to nothing with that's a good we we we get, we get, we get infatuated with these forty burgers and we want. We're saying, oh, well, we should have beat.
Speaker 5: Just by forty, and they says fantasy football.
Speaker 7: It's fantasy football, And I just don't that's not realistic in this.
Speaker 6: Let's be fantasy, baby, that's not.
Speaker 7: Realistic in this. And you know, if you go out and you beat the Jets twenty one to three, that's a big win. That's a big win win. And how you beat a team like this you dragging the deep water. You dragging the deep water, and you say, can y'all hold up for four quarters defensively?
Speaker 6: Can you?
Speaker 7: Because I don't believe what.
Speaker 8: You can do.
Speaker 7: I don't believe offensively you got enough. So I'm just gonna drag you the deep waters and eventually you'll break.
Speaker 11: Like the running game then or what do you what do you mean how to just keep going?
Speaker 7: The Jet? The Jets are gonna win. We'll talk about their offense. They're gonna want to drive, run the football. They're gonna try to make this a long, old school three yards on the cloud of dust type of atmosphere.
Speaker 5: Offensively, what do you mean by dragged the deep water?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 17: That?
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 7: If you take this defense, this Jets defense, ten play drive, thirteenth grond drive, twelve play drive, even if you're getting field goals fourteen play drive ten wear them down eat because by the time you get to the fourth quarter. You see guys they doing this, hands on their hip and then you stinglem.
Speaker 6: And God and God forbid they down by nine because you mean just talking about you got them in that deep water and they say they down by nine. You have no other choice but to give it up then, because you got to throw got to throw it and that deep water? What was the box that he uhould be trying to take everybody deep water? I can't think of his name, but he always wanted to get you deep. He always wanted to get you in the nine tenth deep in deep water. Oh yeah, yeah, no, no, don't try to break the heat off of you try to get that. Don't trying to get that Marshall deep.
Speaker 7: We got you, Muhammad Ali.
Speaker 5: Let's take our last break.
Speaker 4: When we come back, I want to know about these cornerbacks, Sauce Sauce is getting all the hype.
Speaker 5: Is he as good as they say he is? And then DJ Reid, what's he like when we come back on the last segment of Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 6: Never missed it.
Speaker 17: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 7: The freshcout who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 5: He escapes flapped.
Speaker 6: He'll want for a perch down.
Speaker 17: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 17: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 7: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 17: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 13: How's wing Stop sound crispy juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and saused tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried. Of course, I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 15: Seet Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan? Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered? Download the Sea Geek after the seat Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 18: James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 19: Enter today, Back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome Back.
Speaker 4: Final segment of the show, presented by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: All right, last segment.
Speaker 4: What I want to know in this last segment, at least part of what I want to know Sauce Gardner. He's got the fancy chain, Sauce, he's got the look and the swag.
Speaker 5: Is he as good as the hype?
Speaker 6: How many yards did my man have Stefan Stepan one.
Speaker 7: Hundred and two five something like that, Let's.
Speaker 6: See, because what they had like two hundred some year is passing. Yeah, and that was at the end of the game.
Speaker 11: Ten catches off, thirteen targets.
Speaker 6: Quarterback was twenty nine for like forty one or something like that. Right, not a very good day.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 7: This this goes to NAT's point, like he was saying earlier, man for man, we're equal to or greater that, like you didn't kind of And Sauce is kind of just like Diggs, very very opportunistic. He's a little bit longer and his play but like Diggs, you can complete passes on them like he's not. He's not shut down, like he's not like, oh, you can't come to this side of the football field or I'm gonna pick you off lo like he's he can. But where he's like with Diggs, if the opportunity presents itself get you, he'll get you. You know, he'll he'll he'll run with you and he'll tip one back in, you know, for an interception, he'll deflect one like he has the same kind of like this, Like he has that kind of same sort of play like digs where they can they're just very opportunistic. They can be beat for pass they can be taking advantage of they can be thrown on.
Speaker 11: But he gave up fourteen point eight yards per target last week for one hundred and eighteen point seven passer rating, So they didn't seem not a good game of him.
Speaker 7: No, he's not. He's not a guy that you fear. He's a guy that you go all right, I know, I can't like that can't hang balls footballs like wide or high or or behind, so it cats you nothing.
Speaker 6: Nothing to say because you're talking too slow.
Speaker 5: If you be fast, I'm trying to get my next start. I wouldn't even call it split second. But he wouldn't have corrected. He didn have been five.
Speaker 20: I don't even know y'all got it, childish man, But that can't float in the balls.
Speaker 6: That kind of guy, he's quickly jump on them jump?
Speaker 5: How about the gall of? How about dj Reed? Is he any good?
Speaker 6: He's a little more physical. He's a little more physical. H The reason I say that these guys are equal to us, what's wrong?
Speaker 7: Nothing?
Speaker 8: Just crying?
Speaker 6: The reason I say these guys are a little bit more equal because they have the same trace, they have play making ability. It's some corners just covered.
Speaker 5: You see what he does?
Speaker 9: What's that he starts this? He does this every show he starts something. Yeah, and he's ready to be serious? Did he just he just acts like?
Speaker 7: What what's wrong?
Speaker 5: You see?
Speaker 6: You ain't good? You ain't good? Jes can you finish this? Let's go to some of the curse questions, bst some of your questions.
Speaker 8: Let me see what.
Speaker 5: Glad?
Speaker 11: Wow, here's one you can you could maybe both tell us about this. So Jerry said on his Ready show yesterday, he said that the line of scrimmage, they're making more of the calls, whereas Dak maybe was doing it before. Right, what what's the advantage of of the line doing Do they have a better look at what's going on?
Speaker 8: Is it just taking something off his plate?
Speaker 6: What's it gives Dak opportunity to help his receivers UH through coverage, UH, run better routes, be more precise. And what it does for the office line it makes everybody have to study and to get on the same page. So when the Center gives his key words, give it the strength from you know this guy to that guy. You know, it makes every you have to study, you have to actually know. And that is what Jimmy brought and when we when he came in. You know, for a long time, I was like, you know, lacking lacks of daisical in my studying. But they it was it was Premierre, you know, because we're using these cold words, sometimes no words at all, and so it's just a pointing system. You had to know who this guy got so you won't be you know, stuck in the same on the same guys.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they call the alignment or the scheme or whatever. They get set and everybody shifts as dak then call.
Speaker 6: It no no, no, no, no. The center. The center. The Center is sitting there looking and he's seeing the shift and if and if, and we're looking at films and anticipating some moves and so like I say, you know, I could say something or not say something, an I key word. Everything was based off trio. You know, when we said trio, it was always about three guys, you know, but a lot of times it's trio treo and they'll think they know what's coming, but it would be a dummy call, just depending on what the play was and what the look was. Sometimes sometime when he got ugly and you playing a defense like the forty nine, sometimes we be like, hey, fellas, we get up there, point to you guy. It don't matter that you know, we know you know what. Yeah, So that's yeah. So that's how it is, man. When you got a smart center and smart offensive line up, which I think all of these guys are. I really do think they got a quality offensive line for the mental part of it. You know, they can pick out the right guys. But New York is not gonna hide these these ninety five is gonna be sitting between both both guards. He ain't going nowhere, and baby brothers gonna be running.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have to bring you You'll have to bring your hard hat, your luve like. It's gonna be like, be honest, and I don't know if Tyler Smith is gonna go this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's is there?
Speaker 5: An update?
Speaker 6: On Tyron Tyron or Tyler Tyron Tyrone. All right, he's fine.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good, Yeah, Tyler sounds like he's close.
Speaker 7: Okay, he's gonna be needed. I'm just saying like he's he's gonna man.
Speaker 6: But the couple is them Bama Boys, Man, them Bama Boys something Madam Georgia Boys and Obama boy the big country hole feed before we before we leave, Jesse, what are you seeing out of this one game in small I think before you speak, think, think before you speak.
Speaker 4: What do you what are you seeing from this tight end group as far as route running.
Speaker 5: And past catching? Because the last few.
Speaker 4: Years, you know, everybody's been like, get you up, get some blocking tight ends in here.
Speaker 5: Now we've got them. We got them. Can they can they catch? Was it was it the weather or they? What do you see from them from a catching perspective?
Speaker 7: I think I think weather. I think weather concentration because when you look at the passes, you know it was the one Ferguson kind of just he just you can tell the ball was here and he started to do this just looking into the catch. You know, guys, sometimes first game of the season. I don't think so, I don't I don't I love Ferguson. I don't think so. I mean, we saw Ferguson do pretty well for this team last year. I think he has that ability to continue to do that and still have that. I think he has the sauce. He has that kind of the sauce of the tight end room. To me, I talk a lot of it up to first game of the season, whether conditions was an ideal, a little bit of nerves trying to make a play, just everybody's just moving a little bit too fast. I think this game, you're at home, conditions will be perfect. It'll be a nice seventy two degrees inside at and T and you know that that's gonna be fun.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't look at this as a trend. I think they're going to be fine. I think they're going to be fine.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 5: I may try to go to the game. Really, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Just called Derek, hey, but let your boys say, let your boy in. Let you know, old time saying, see a media pass, Yeah, you should be able to get that.
Speaker 4: Ain't even get a pass getting this building, much less to get in the game.
Speaker 7: Twenty years and that's how they do.
Speaker 6: Stop Stop man, don't do that, man, he could get it. He's just trying to be old sort of loser, man, that's what he is. Man, he's just trying to be.
Speaker 8: Me.
Speaker 5: I'm the winner. I'm in here with y'all.
Speaker 6: Okay, get get the pass with Jessy through Friday anyway.
Speaker 5: Weekends are totally see I'm winning Monday through Friday to hang out with you guys.
Speaker 6: I was traveling I don't know where, and they said, man, I remember the show man glad to see you that it was glad to have you back. Man, Yeah, I said, who you're talking about, because I was maybe, you know, talking about us three like a little guy with a big old.
Speaker 5: You know, so good to be back.
Speaker 7: If you got thin skinned, this is not you.
Speaker 6: Say you talk slow, you know what?
Speaker 5: You know what the shows like. This show is like hanging around Britt Brown. If you don't get crap.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they don't like it.
Speaker 8: You don't like you.
Speaker 5: They don't like you.
Speaker 6: So we got yeah, yeah, come see the players to the real lounge, come to the real loud something or something.
Speaker 5: All right, we gotta get out of here.
Speaker 6: Jesse, good city, Nay, good city, man, I'm going up right now and make sure everything cool with I show Cowboys, cow Boys, don't say nothing, then you'll go.
Speaker 4: Back and listen Cowboys D Jets Offense Tomorrow Thursday, same time, same place, the people show. If we don't get canceled, we'll be here tomorrow with the job.
Speaker 5: Thanks Chris.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.