Speaker 1: Hey there, Fanarritos, and welcome back to How Rude tan Ritos. Today we have a guest that you know and love from the nineties, whether it be from Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Hey Dude, or the one Full House episode he appeared on as the Rickmeister. We are so excited to welcome David Lasher to the podcast today.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: This was so much fun.
Speaker 4: I wasn't in the scene with you guys when you were on it, and so I, to be fair, almost completely forgot that you were in the episode.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, you were in the scene.
Speaker 1: Was I in the scene?
Speaker 2: Ricks yours? Here's the thing. I'm gonna go see.
Speaker 4: Myself out right now, because I am I can't remember my own name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, No, that's right. What am I thinking?
Speaker 3: I watched it first?
Speaker 2: Rickmeister? Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yep, you got it.
Speaker 3: When I first of all, Christine and I loved having both of you on our show. It was so much funk. And when I rewatched that scene, my first thought was how how comedically naturally talented Jodie was at such a young age in front of an audience, in front of you know, millions of people. She was just like, you were just I don't know you had that thing. It was so funny.
Speaker 1: She was on a roll with her you know. Yeah, yeah, a moment for me. Yeah, Oh it was great. It was hysterical. Yeah. I knew you were on an episode of Full House, but I didn't remember which one, and I didn't remember that I was.
Speaker 2: In it, and they were like, wait, I wasn't he on more?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I was like, I'm confused.
Speaker 3: Every actor in the war world must have come through Full House at some times.
Speaker 1: I think so. I think so we killed a few careers, we launched a few others.
Speaker 3: I think you were just the jumping off point for a problem.
Speaker 1: You know, you'd be.
Speaker 4: Surprised at how many people did an episode of our show and they never worked again. Oh no, really, they were like, I can't do this anymore. No, I had nothing to do with our show. I'm sure, but but yeah, there were a lot of things about damn we killed their career too.
Speaker 3: They just didn't work any It was intimidating. I remember one of my early jobs. Yeah, there was a lot of star power on that show.
Speaker 1: Oh and we both of us agree that you should have been brought back as DJ's boyfriend, not just a crush like you you're such the quintessential perfect boyfriend. Oh my gosh, Like that's who you played for?
Speaker 3: How was Yeah? I was wi friend to a lot of powerful leading women. But you know what, Candice and I ended up doing a movie together in Vancouver years later where she yeah, we did play Uh, I don't know, not boyfriend girlfriend, but I think she had a crush on me. We did a movie. It was called Kids in the Wood.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I thought you were gonna say Camp Cucamonga because I remember that one too. That was like, yeah, everybody was in that movie too.
Speaker 1: This was the Wood, just one wood, kids with a Z.
Speaker 3: It was like a play on Boys in the Hood.
Speaker 2: It was kids and kids in the Hood.
Speaker 3: It was like it was every young actor who was on TGIF. It was like Candace and Darius McCrary and Tatian Ali and Alfonso Robero and me. It was like like almost like stunt casting.
Speaker 1: Wow, how fun did.
Speaker 4: You like was that? How old were you when you guys shot that one?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I don't know. I think I was probably still on Blossom on the Summer break and and and Candice was definitely still on Full House, where again it was a long time ago, but yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 4: We might have to look up Kids in the Wood and uh do you know this? But Andrea here Aby was in an incredibly.
Speaker 1: Well known movie. Uh SKay kid too, you've probably heard of it.
Speaker 3: It's oh, that's the top of my list. Kates Skateboard Kid too.
Speaker 1: Skateboard Kid Too. Write way better than the first. It's nothing to do with number one. It has this is Yes, there's a dog on the cover. There's no dog in the movie. Like, there's so many things wrong. It's this movie. So I feel like Kids Low in nineties similar movies that make.
Speaker 3: Those seriously the jobs.
Speaker 2: But you were so you were saying it was intimidating.
Speaker 4: Do you remember auditioning for the show at all, Like, do you remember what that process was like or does it blur in.
Speaker 1: With all the other auditions.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it was one of those Building one forty at Warner Brothers, you know that famous Yeah, it was like a meeting spot for all the actors your age, you know that you go up against and who is it Barbara Miller or someone was like the head of Warner Brothers. But you know, I ended up doing a bunch of those Warner Brothers shows like during those years. But I don't remember that audition specifically, but I remember being on Debt and you know, John Stamos, Bob was as big a TV star as you got at the time, right, he was on the funniest videos and the kids, I remember, you guys were really shuffled in and now, like to school, and I just just wanted to do my job and not you know, mess up.
Speaker 1: Well you did an excellent job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have good memories.
Speaker 4: How were you when you started acting? Were you like little little or were you.
Speaker 3: I was like freshman year of high school. I was doing theater in New York, and then I got signed by an agency and I did a lot of commercials. I would run around Manhattan after high school commercial auditions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just seventeen in a day.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, But I loved it. It was like freedom for me, you know, taking the train into the city. I'd meet up with my actor friends and then you know, the next morning, I was just you know, going to school. It was a good balance. But then like sophomore year, I got a TV pilot for NBC and then junior year I got the Nickelodeon show Hey Dude, and I moved to Tucson and so that was really show I love. Yeah, yeah, that show has like a very loyal fan base. But you had to be like the right eight.
Speaker 4: You had to like it had to be nick at Night, like the you know what I mean, like that sort of era of Hey Dude, salute your shorts?
Speaker 3: Right? You know, you either for the dark or you have no idea.
Speaker 1: What it is right right, you're like or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, what's Hey Dude?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No great?
Speaker 4: Do you ever go back and watch any of your other like do you ever see is.
Speaker 2: Hey Dude on anywhere?
Speaker 1: Or do you have it like on dvd?
Speaker 4: Do you ever watch it your does your family ever watch it and tease you for it?
Speaker 3: My kids? Yeah, my oldest daughter said that, yes she did watch it. It's on Paramount Plus. Okay, yeah, I think where like all my stuff lives on one of these streamers, but I don't. Uh, we do like Reunion sometimes we did Austin TV Festival Nickelodeon thing, you know, we revisited it sometimes when we're asked to show up somewhere, we did oh nineties can Yeah, we did. And you know, Christine is my co host on the Hey Dude the nineties called podcast, so we've had little cast reunions. You know. Our head writer for Hey Dude was a guy named Graham Yost, who is now like.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait that sounds really Gram was.
Speaker 3: Writing the movie Speed as we were finishing dude.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He wrote a Band of Brothers. He wrote, he created the show Justified. He he does the show Silo. He's like one of the biggest writers.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's cool. We had him on our show.
Speaker 1: Oh nice. I did the idea for the podcast come about? Like, what tell me about how you and Christine came up with that? Was it your idea? Was it someone else's idea?
Speaker 3: I mean, Amy Sugarman, who's your your producer? Is gonna be sake of hearing this because I tell this story all the time. And please tell Hamy and Danielle that I send my love. Oh yes, I had done Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling's podcast to recap my nine O two one oero episodes, right, and then I think Tory had to be out for a couple shows, so they asked me to guest host with Jenny, and then Amy asked me to guest on some other podcasts, and we talked about what if I would want to do a look back on one of the shows on Blossom or Sabrina or Hey Dude, and I thought, no, I'd like to look back on the nineties because I saw how popular nineties culture was with younger people, how nostalgic people our age were for it. And Amy said, you need a female co host. So I made a list and Christine was on it, and she said, if you can get Christine to do this with you, we'll make the show with you. So then I just like blew up Christine's phone and email and text and she thought, someone dies.
Speaker 2: I out on her lawn.
Speaker 1: It got a little weird, but you got the show done, so yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was weird because Christine and I had we had dated pretty heavily for a couple of years.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, I was like, I have heard this rumor. I need to hear things. Give us the tea, Give us the tea.
Speaker 3: Yeah. She was like my first love. Like it was you know, when you're on location, first of all, everything speeds up right right right relationships seem yeah, and then it just it kind of was like a slow plane crash and we didn't talk for like over a decade, like it was bad. And you know, we did reconnect on some of these reunions and we became friends again, but not really you know, like close. So when we did the podcast, a lot one of the great things about it is that we've become really best friends again and and we look back on that time like we were young and kind of stupid, but yeah, it's so nice to have this time in our lives again together, to like reconnect and be friends again and work together.
Speaker 4: I love that's didn't I didn't realize that about sort of the Year Guys' podcast.
Speaker 2: I mean, I seem to remember that there's that.
Speaker 4: You guys had like were kind of back in the day, but like, yeah, I didn't realize it was sort of that that big thing. But God, isn't it nice to get to the age where you can look back and just be like, God, I was an idiot, you were an idiot. We were all idiots, you know, and like, oh, like now let's be friends again.
Speaker 1: You know, like, oh, let me let all that it is twenty five year old crap go.
Speaker 3: You know it is it's like subconsciously so therapeutic to have closure on things that you you you cared about so much when you were in your early twenties, but now you're like, oh, it was just silly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we've kind of all weirdly gotten to have an opportunity to have some like closure on things that we felt we left behind as young people. I think, whether it be shows or relationships or whatever. You know, we, like you said, nineties con like, we still kind of all travel in these same circles, and then you know, it's nice.
Speaker 3: To yeah, like a big it's a big club, that whole nineties club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it really really is.
Speaker 4: So you had so you were on blot let's see Blossom, Clueless, Sabrina. You were a Josh on Clueless and Sabrina in fact, because Josh was a very popular name in the nineties.
Speaker 3: Yeah. In fact, we shot Clueless at Paramount and then uh, I was let go after the first season. It went from ABC over to another network forget what it was, and then and then I got the Sabrina role. So I literally just staying on Paramount for the next three years. Right, Wow, to do Sabrina playing the same the character with the same name.
Speaker 1: Right, You're like, this is great, just stick here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Hey, I don't care which show it is, right.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite from all of your recurring roles? I mean, I know it's like choosing your favorite kid. You can't pick a favorite, but if you have like special memories from any one particular show that stands out to you.
Speaker 3: I did three episodes of Beverly Hills NINEO two and zero, and it was started during that summer when the show like floated to a point where I mean, I remember they were on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine while I was doing the when I was doing my and my ARC was with Jenny, and it was like and I was friends with Luke, like I knew him before he got the show, and I had I had never seen anything blow up into the zeitgeist like that so quickly, and I guess at the time I had never been recognized publicly for anything I had done like that. It was like every one our age, in the entire world was watching that show. And it was back you know, before social media and streamers, where everyone really did watch the same shows.
Speaker 1: At the same time Thursday nights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was something really like I've never.
Speaker 2: Seen an episode what she's.
Speaker 4: She's No, I've also never watched an episode of Friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to catch her up to speed.
Speaker 3: Wait is that on purpose?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How is that possible?
Speaker 4: I so when when nine o two, when I was out, I was like five years younger than everybody, so like that was your guys' kind of high school years.
Speaker 2: I was still like early.
Speaker 4: Middle school, sixth grade, so it wasn't it was not in that I was a my so called life generation, which was like a couple of years later. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was my and that was my like ninth grade year.
Speaker 3: But how did you never friends?
Speaker 1: Very carefully?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You are so lucky.
Speaker 2: You get to wait, I don't watch sitcoms.
Speaker 1: She's just a joke? Is that.
Speaker 2: I can't stand sitcoms.
Speaker 1: It's just so.
Speaker 3: You've seen how the sausage is made kind of thing.
Speaker 2: No, they don't make me laugh in a lot of ways. I have a really dark.
Speaker 4: Scent of humor, so it has to like it's always sunny, arrested develop that's the kind of stuff I laugh at.
Speaker 2: But like sitcom.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I know what we're beat beat beat laugh, beat beat beat laugh. Okay, I know we're gonna like it's like so ingrained. I think that it is kind of like I know, I know what the rhythm feels like, so it's almost like I know kind of what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: And I agree. If I watch a sitcom with my kids, they're like, who's laughing?
Speaker 4: Like where everyone everyone was laughing it's hilarious, right, I have I have a challenge for you though.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's a Friends episode where Ross and Chandler are trying to move furniture from one apartment to another.
Speaker 2: Okay, is that the pivot moment?
Speaker 3: Okay, you have to watch.
Speaker 4: I've seen clips of that that I've seen the pivot clips because I didn't get it. My friend's like, oh my God sent me the thing because.
Speaker 1: We were trying to again.
Speaker 2: Somewhere have he says to it.
Speaker 3: It looks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm sure it's hilarious. I just never and again, Friends came out. I was in high school, Like I didn't they would crap about, you know, twenty somethings in New York City.
Speaker 1: I was like, anyway, I'm out.
Speaker 3: Do you guys think sitcoms are done forever?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I hope not. I don't know why they don't come back. They're cheaper to produce, the actors, the crew, everybody likes that. He loves it.
Speaker 2: They shoot in la right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're done, but I do think. I just think that any sitcom that were to be done now is you know, you just have to it's it can't be done like it was in the nineties like that. Like as much as we love that nostalgia, I think audiences are just a little more savvy these days.
Speaker 1: So you need something a little more what's the word. Uh, it's got to.
Speaker 4: Be something a little bit edgy or you know, I feel like, well, to be fair, since every since Cable and all of that, it's like all of the kid that type of full house sort of family television went to Nickelodeon or Disney, and then everything else became more like adult friendly sitcom television. So yeah, we were we were all a part of the last like sit down and watch a show when it comes on or you miss it live with commercials kind of thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and people don't watch shows collectively anymore. Like you don't sit down for appointment TV.
Speaker 4: Now, we're all like the Game of Thrones of it in the beginning and stuff like that. I feel like we're not even there where everyone's watching like an episode of something. You know.
Speaker 3: No, the last shows I remember waiting for them to come out were sopranos. Remember on Sunday Night? Oh yeah, right, but always put a new soprano.
Speaker 2: HBO Sunday Nights were ye for years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the last time I remember waiting for a show. But yeah, audiences are so fractured there. Everyone's watching their own things. But there is there's still great work being done.
Speaker 2: There is, there really is.
Speaker 4: And I think sitcoms, I think sitcoms have legs. I think people like it. I think people feel comforted by it again because it is that like you know, line line, line leaf, like there's something you're like, I know you're gonna you know, it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is comforting because like, like I love the show Severance, and.
Speaker 1: I love that show. It's so weird.
Speaker 3: You can't watch that show while you're checking your emails or you know, No, you need to really bring all your.
Speaker 4: Brain not what they call a what is it a multi screen or something like there's a word in the business for it. That they're like certain kinds of content that is made for people to have on while they are also scrolling on an iPad or their phone.
Speaker 2: And I forget what the name.
Speaker 4: Of it is, but it's something like, yeah, it's like multi screen friendly or so, you know, but it's basically they know that we're all sitting there, you know, Love islands on and everyone's rolling through Instagram, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like that people need that too, People need that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but anyway, yeah, so that's uh. I think sitcoms. I think sitcoms definitely should still stick around, mostly because I like doing them and would love to direct them.
Speaker 3: So yeah, oh yeah it'd be great.
Speaker 4: So now you would to You've been how many nineties cons have you been to?
Speaker 3: I just did that one, just the one?
Speaker 1: Okay, would you do it again? Do you like cons? Is this what?
Speaker 4: Like? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No? Yeah, the nineties con I thought was so well run and so organized. I had the best time I was there. Actually, there was a Hey Dude reunion and a Sabrina reunion the same time, so I did both I got both casts to have dinner together. It was really cool. Cool, But then then there was something called splat Con. Have you ever heard of this?
Speaker 1: No Nickelodeon.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, it feels like someone's getting slimmed.
Speaker 3: It was all of anyone who came through Nickelodeon. Everyone signed up to do it. Thousands of people bought tickets and plane flights, they had hotel deals.
Speaker 1: I feel like this isn't going to end well.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're heading towards fire festival.
Speaker 3: It was like a little fire festival, like a day or two before the festival was supposed to start, and the Hey Dude cast had all flown in and they were someone was staying in my house, some other people were staying at one of our writers' homes and uh, we all we didn't even get an email on the splat cons social channels. They said the whole thing's canceled, and so everyone no one knew what to do. The people who were throwing it I think were m i A.
Speaker 1: They took the money and ran I think, so, yeah, that's what it sounds like.
Speaker 3: But one of the one of the people from Nickelodeon, I forget who it was I think someone from Salute your Shorts reached out to everyone and said, we're gonna all the the patrons or the fans who bought tickets, We're going to have like a meet and greet karaoke night at this Paul being in Burbank, and we're going to promote it. And so we all showed up there and like hundreds of people who had at least were able to hear about it came and hung out with us and we had a really fun night. But that after that, I was like, I'm not going to do You know, these things are called cons for reasons.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I mean it's happened there.
Speaker 4: I know people that have done cons and then they go to you know, cash their check and they're like, what it's there's not what there's no money?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah happens.
Speaker 4: But no, they're always so much fun though, aside from all of the other craziness, Like you said, getting your cast together for dinner and just getting to see people that you haven't seen that you were so friendly with twenty years.
Speaker 3: Ago, you know, it's awesome. Yeah, there's one called nostalgic con. Have you heard of?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. Someone mentioned that to me. Yeah, there are some really great ones. I would love to do more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're doing what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Steel City sitting in a few weeks.
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 1: And then there's another one in September in Tennessee.
Speaker 2: A camera mountainest that's it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, I don't want to go to Dollywood. I just want to go to Dollywood. If I'm within an hour's drive of Dollywood, I swear God, I'm going.
Speaker 2: You're going with me. Maybe we're doing a lot.
Speaker 4: We are doing a live show from Dollywood. Oh no way, going to stock Dolly parton on air and be like she I need to see her now and yeah, and then we get kicked out of Dollywood.
Speaker 1: Watch it live.
Speaker 3: That sounds fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so great.
Speaker 4: The conventions are really fun, really fun. How old are your kids now?
Speaker 3: I have a daughter, Hannah, who's twenty two. She graduated from Tulane and she's actually moved to New York and working as an equity research analyst in Manhattan. Oh yeah, thank you. And my son Casey is twenty he's going to be a junior at u T Austin, Okay. And I have a fifteen year old Chelsea, who's going to be a sophomore in high school. Yeah. Wow, Chelsea's a little powerhouse influencer. Okay, oh yeah, there's a whole story behind that. But yeah, she's got like three and a half million TikTok followers. Oh my god. Her babysitter Jax. Do you know the singer Jack.
Speaker 4: No, I know Jacks Yeah yeah, Jackson, incredible singer, incredibly talented.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she with Chelsea's babysitter, and they would do these.
Speaker 4: Little videos that Oh my god, that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, so that's how Chelsea got into Okay, that's content creator.
Speaker 1: Oh awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Aby, you should check out Jack's j Ax.
Speaker 4: She's really talented young female like singer songwriters. She's really great and super positive messages and stuff.
Speaker 3: Have the Victoria's Secret songs she wrote for Chelsea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was such a That was such a great positive yeah, for young girls and body issues and stuff. Yeah, and I love that about her. I remember when you know, like her she first started blowing up. I was like, oh, I love her message, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's so yeah, you would love her.
Speaker 2: Oh awesome.
Speaker 4: So yeah, oh gosh, three kids, man, Yeah, you're in the like ab.
Speaker 1: With the early twenties of it all. My youngest just turned eighteen, so I'm like, oh, baby, adults are now. I'm oh wow, because you don't stop being a parent, but the rain changes Now it's more of a mentor. They still need me. They still come to me for all sorts of reasoning. But it's money, right usually.
Speaker 3: Right, filling out paperwork right right right?
Speaker 2: Where's my insurance card?
Speaker 1: Where's my passport?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You Now you just have to teach them the basics of like adult life. Mm hmm. What's what's a four oh one k? How much should I contribute?
Speaker 4: And that's an excellent question. What is a four one K? And how much should not? You know, I'm more on the creative side of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, My Hannah and Acey are both Hannah graduating from the Business School and Casey's in the McComb School of Business at ut Okay, they're surpassing my knowledge of business side of the world.
Speaker 1: Wow. Impressing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty sure my kids did that somewhere around uh sixth grade. So yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I was like a bond, how does that work?
Speaker 1: No, we have to talk about when you were on the Olsen Twins series Two of a Kind. You did five episodes in nineteen ninety one. Do you remember this? You reunited with this?
Speaker 3: I totally forgot about that yet. You know what the joke is. I think I was involved in the only Olsen Twins project that wasn't a huge success. Like literally, I got that role and I was like, I played Uncle Matt. I'm like, oh, this is gonna be like full house. I'm gonna be on a job for like ten years, right, And I don't know what happened. It was so funny, an amazing cast, and they were like they were like preteens. They were so professional and so sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I loved working with them. But yeah, it was like half a season and done.
Speaker 1: Huh. I wonder what happened? Yeah, because they are they were mega successful at everything.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I thought Two of a Kind had was there? No, that was their little detective series. I was like, wasn't there one where they solved mysteries?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, no, but Two of a Kind was the show.
Speaker 1: It was probably their attorney. It was probably like, we got bigger and better things to do, so we're gonna move on. I'm pretty sure he would have he I'm sure he would.
Speaker 4: Have squeezed every last drop of blood out of that stone if he could have.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but it was a really funny show and they were so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish it had continued. It was really fun.
Speaker 4: I think it was kind of kind of around that time that it was around them that they they were like, I don't think I wanna do it anymore. So yeah, and they got their feature film contract, which I think became New York Minute eventually.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so they did they That.
Speaker 4: Was like a two thousand four or something, I think five that movie came out.
Speaker 3: That's sounds right, right, I yeah, I mean I always assumed that they maybe didn't want to continue it because what network wouldn't keep them on a show?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I think it was they decided to do movies instead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe they didn't like me.
Speaker 2: I think it was you I did.
Speaker 1: I mean I heard rumors.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna say anything, but it was definitely.
Speaker 1: You and you killed the show. So I was going to bring on that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, you could have been doing a twenty year reunion, but here we are not.
Speaker 3: Wait, how's your stand up going? Are you still doing it, you know what.
Speaker 4: So I haven't been doing as much like solo stand up stuff because that requires writing and focus.
Speaker 1: No that I've done a little bit here and.
Speaker 4: There, and I always like, I have amazing friends who keep giving me spots to do shows at. But I am doing a lot of live comedy shows. So one that I'm doing right now in LA is called Smoke Show with Sweeten, a comedy pageant, and we take three comedians and we put them through the mode most ridiculous, outrageous and inappropriate beauty pageant that anyone's ever been a part of. And then we crowned the Smoke Show winner at the end of it, and it's it's off the rails, insane. We have so much fun. I have such great comedian friends that come and play. And it's yeah Bespoke in LA which the old Supreme store on Fairfax there and uh.
Speaker 3: Oh see it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Please, Yes, we have another show coming up in August. I'll send you the info and yeah, absolutely, I would love to have you guys come.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you something that I just did that's really cool. Do you know a guy named Mike Young who used to tour with Bob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know Mike.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So Mike uh started a brand, it's a spin off of a rocket mortgage called Rock Comedy Ready. He brought me on to be creative director and film all the content and launched The Social Sun. It was a twenty five city tour with some of the most amazing comedians like Steve Trevino and any Letterman and Bretans. And I was on tour with these guys like you know, Phoenix and Nashville. How fun. And so I got to see a little glimpse of what it's like to be a comedian.
Speaker 1: Like it's insane. It's insane. Everyone's up all night this sleep.
Speaker 4: Don't call a comedian before two pm because they are not going to be awake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a weird little club.
Speaker 2: It's a very small club.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows each other, rumors pass quickly. But it's really fun and yeah, and it's also an interesting dichotomy because like you see how comedians are on and doing the thing and whatever, and then you'll just see that like and they can you know what I mean? There is like there are those comedians that you're like, oh, you're the you're the the inward comedian like in between you go inside and then you come out. All of the crazy comes out on stage, and then they come backstage and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, man, what's up. How are you? You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I was so enamored by the lifestyle. I was like the little kid in Almost Famous. I kept going like, this is.
Speaker 2: The greatest girl your land in a city.
Speaker 1: And you go make two thousand people left.
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, dude, we do this all year.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They're like, yeah, we travel fifty weeks out of the year.
Speaker 3: It sucks.
Speaker 2: We're staying in a motel six.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like it's out in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: I thought it was the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 1: No, it's super fun.
Speaker 4: Well I'll have to check that out too, because that sounds also hit up mic about that because that sounds really fun. Yeah, but yeah, absolutely come to a show.
Speaker 1: I would love that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I will. I'll be back in a week.
Speaker 2: Oh perfect, Okay, good.
Speaker 4: Well tell our listeners where they can find you, David, if you're working on any new projects, where they can find you on socials, where they can find your podcast all that fun stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think your audience would love heydude the nineties called podcast.
Speaker 1: They definitely would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Christine Taylor crossover is big. Yeah, we just we have Kristin Davis from Sex and the City next week where she went ninety minutes. So it's going to be two part episode. Like the whole first episode. She had such amazing melrose play stories I forgot. Oh yeah, she had really dramatic stories from that show. And we didn't even get to Sex and the City until the second half, So that'll be two parts. We have a docu series based on the podcast called Nineties Mixtapes, and that is not in production yet, but well, I'll be promoting that as soon as we started. Oh that's fine, And you can follow me David Lasher on Socials and I update everything that I'm doing. But I follow you guys as well, so I'm always keeping up with all the cool stuff you're doing. And I'm proud of you guys. You love your show, And yeah, I hope to see you guys. And Jody, I'd love to come see your show.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, Andrey was gonna come, but she hates me, so she backed out.
Speaker 1: No, I had something come up, sweet, No, she.
Speaker 4: Was like, I can't make it. This time and I get it. Yeah, it's no, it's fine. She doesn't love me anymore.
Speaker 3: All right, Well hopefully i'll meet and you there.
Speaker 1: And yes, yes, yes, but for David over me.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Thanks so read to talk to you, David.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: He's always so sweet and.
Speaker 1: So lovely, sweetheart. I know, he's just so cute and so sweet, you know, right, good guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, always been a really lovely guy. Always been.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just remember, you know, seeing him all the time in the nineties and like he was just always pleasant and happy and like just everything too.
Speaker 1: He was everywhere you look, like literally, he was truly where you look, truly And yeah, I was a huge fan of Hey Dude. Yeah I was not. I was. I'm in the category of don't say anything about it.
Speaker 2: So you've got and I've got hey do you know?
Speaker 1: There? Here you go? Yeap, Different Worlds but yeah, Different Worlds Now.
Speaker 2: That was like my favorite show.
Speaker 1: I remember watching it.
Speaker 4: We would go for weekends like up to we had our little cabin and big Bear on the weekends. Friday night like that was Nick at night it was sleep shorts and Hey dude, and then are you afraid of the dark, which still creeps me out to this day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. Great, that's so cool.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you guys for joining us for another fun little visit back to the nineties. Tanatos. This was a great episode, and uh yeah, make sure that you're following us on socials as well at how Rude podcast, or you can send us emails at how Rude Tanaritos at gmail dot com. What else So yeah, like and subscribe to the podcast wherever you're listening to it, and you can visit our merch store at how Rude merch dot com. And uh yeah, I think that's it. Everything go all the basis, I heard everything. Yep, all right, everybody. Well, remember the world is small, but the house is full. Oh no, I love God? Was it?
Speaker 3: I told you?
Speaker 1: My brain is not.
Speaker 3: What do you got? What you got?
Speaker 1: The house is full? Houses full?
Speaker 4: Here we go, okre we go? Okay, remember everybody, the world is small. The house is full of the rickmeister, Ricky heavy, Rick puns, yeah, Rick rolls.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just there we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ye, just full of them and a few guys named Josh too for a good measure.
Speaker 3: You nail you