Speaker 1: Hold up, hold up, hold up, give me you got a call? Hello? Hello, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Uh, we'll call, We'll call.
Speaker 2: We'll go with Isaac, Isaac. How can I get you today? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Not much, Grek. You know, I'm just chilling right here. I'm in California, so you know where I'm at. Time wise, he's drinking a beer after work.
Speaker 2: I'm in California, so you know where I'm at. Well, it says here that you wanted to talk about uh being legally blind and helping out other legally blind people. Now, how blind are you? Are? You? Like, hello, blind? They're not that blind.
Speaker 1: So I am totally blind from one eye and then from my other eye. From my left eye, I only have about tunnel vision, and everybody kind of looks. Have you ever played that game Minecraft? Uh? Yeah, you know how I kind of looks by blocking? Yeah, like low graphers and stuff like that. Yeah, yeah, that's that's how it would have that my visions.
Speaker 2: So in one eye you see nothing, and then the other eye you see Minecraft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but on the right eye that I don't see nothing out of It's like it's not darkness, it's just light. I could still see light, so I know when it's dark. I know when it's night. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So you can so you see light out of your like when you're in when you're in a dark room, you don't see light, right, you just see. I mean like if I close my eyes and I stare at the sun, I'll see orange. Is it like that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Speak of it like seem into like a because I had vision in the past. I lost my vision, so I just gut it as like a you know how when you look into like a car with headlights, it's like a hypem mhm. It's just bright, right, That's how it works.
Speaker 2: How'd you lose your vision?
Speaker 1: Man, that's a long story. I had what's known as toxic epidermal narcolosis.
Speaker 2: Toxic epidermal epidermal something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could call it. You can look you can google it by looking at Stephen Johnson's syndrome.
Speaker 2: Okay, I had that.
Speaker 1: But it's like a spectrum type of stuff.
Speaker 2: How old were you when you lost your vision? There'steen fifteen. Ah, that sucks. It's like long enough to really get acquainted with seeing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been about twelve years, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe one thing. If you lost your vision when you were like four, it's like I didn't really get to see anything, but now you kind of like know what's seeing is Like, what did that suck? Was that a bummer?
Speaker 1: Honest? You guys, do you know what I really missed? I lost my virginity when I was like fourteen, I missing tits.
Speaker 2: I knew when you said I knew when you said, do you know what I miss right now? I knew you were gonna say tits.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's like if A feel them, I know where they're at, I know how it looks, but it's like I can't can't you can't see them? Painful? Dog?
Speaker 2: When was the last time you saw tits?
Speaker 1: Oh? You want me to get like technical up in here?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: So I got sick, so my condition. I got sick like like oh, March March, like mid March, and I had gotten laid about a week before that.
Speaker 3: That was the last time.
Speaker 2: Man, So you had sex h a week before you lost your vision?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well before I started losing my vision.
Speaker 2: Man, do you think it's like a god opens a window, closes the door kind of thing?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Describe that? What do you mean.
Speaker 2: Like like something good happened to you. You had sex for the first time, and so the playing field needed to be evened out, so something bad had to happen to you.
Speaker 1: Well, that wasn't the first time I had sex.
Speaker 2: I thought you said you lost your virginity. Oh okay, I guess.
Speaker 1: That makes no no, no, I said I had the last time I had sex.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well you had sex. That's a good thing, and so it was balanced out that. Yeah. Whether or not it was the time you lost your virginity, it doesn't matter. Yeah, all right, this this is sorry. This was a stupid thread that I took us down, and I take full responsibility for that. Okay, so what but you still remember what tits look like? So can you still imagine tits?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can.
Speaker 1: I mean I can still kind of technically see them because I still have like a I still have like a tunnel vision in my left eye. It's like looking in imagine holding up your fingers with the with the hole in your hand, and that's all you can see. Yeah, you see who you have to adjust That's how I have to look at it. I can still see them.
Speaker 2: So everything looks like minecraft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a tunnel tunnel vision, because I only have tunnel in my left.
Speaker 2: Eye, so pretty much forever, anytime you see tits it looks like Minecraft hen tie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, and it sucks that it's only gonna get worse with time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eventually you'll go from Minecraft tits to South Park tits? Yeah? So you know what do you miss? Do you miss Do you miss seeing butts?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm more of a tick guy than an ass I got. I hate to be on that side, but I'm more of a kick guy something.
Speaker 2: What about? What else do you miss seeing?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? I really missed another thing? I really missed? You ever like played baseball and like you still like a baseball and you can track a baseball in the year or a football year. I missed that. I really miss that.
Speaker 2: Do you miss it more than you miss tits?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I miss tis more than I missed that. H I still wrestle and I can still box After I boxing and blind, that was not cool. I gota functioned my face a lot.
Speaker 2: Get Is it harder to have sex in general when you are blind? No?
Speaker 1: Not really, I mean it's mostly feel I mean, I mean, I know, I know, I know where everything's up comically speaking, I mean, I've been with my girlfriend for like two years now, So.
Speaker 2: Is it crazy? Is it crazy that you don't know, uh what she looks like?
Speaker 1: You see, I do, and I don't know what she looks like because, like I said, I have I have like a little bit of visions in my left eye. I have tonal vision, no picks, but like I can make out where she looked like a little bit.
Speaker 2: Is she pretty?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah she is. I like her. Oh that was not a good response.
Speaker 2: No, But you know what's funny is it It wasn't a good response, And you totally could have like, it's not like you. It's not like you like thought she wasn't pretty, and you would be lying if you said like she was. You don't even you don't even have like, uh information on which to lie about. There was only positives in and enthusiastically answering yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you worred about that. You heard about that. I mean I like my girlfriend emotionally. I mean she drives me places when I need to get to places. You know, she's cool. It's like we've been together two years, so it's like kind of like the honeymoon pha is kind of over mm hm, you know which is you know, you know, you know what I mean. You know she stays in my apartment. Now, it's so cool.
Speaker 2: How did you guys meet?
Speaker 1: How did we meet at college?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, we met when I was doing my bachelor's program. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was the first thing she said to you?
Speaker 1: Well, she was more interested in the fact because I have like a really like good memory because I don't know if it's because I'm blind or because i'm or because of my brain, but like I want, like if I like I only need to like I only need to like review a document one time, and then I can recite to you information on that document.
Speaker 2: How do you read?
Speaker 1: Well, I had listened to it. Gags.
Speaker 2: You listen to a document and then that whole document is Is you you remember everything that it said?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And how did you said that? She was interested in that? How did that manifest?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Like when when I was when I was going and when I was doing college, I was also like I was kind of like tutoring because I graduated, Like because I.
Speaker 1: Like I'm telling you, it's like I could just recite information. It's like a lot of teachers will like kind of respect that, and then like a lot of students are kind of like kind of like gravitate towards that, and then I would be able to help them with online testing because I was just really you know, good with that, and people would just gravitate towards me. And then I would give a lot of people answers. I had a group of like seven people around me, like helping me, walking me around places, and then I would just help them with like their homework, give them ideas, give them like we'd all take tests together, and yeah, they would just pass.
Speaker 5: On my laworld.
Speaker 2: So people would just naturally gravitate towards you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: So how do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: Well? It was what it was, man. I mean I didn't really think much about it because you know, I would just do my thing and like people like whatever, you're making me think. I wouldn't abuse me.
Speaker 2: What you said people abuse you.
Speaker 1: You're making me think that, like you're make me think how went on?
Speaker 2: I'm not saying anything. I'm not trying to make you think a damn thing.
Speaker 6: My friends, No, but like, yeah, that's how I met myself friend and we ended up because we ended up being in the same major, and then we ended up.
Speaker 1: Just taking like the same classes together, and she would help me kind of get from like the college to like my apartment where I was staying at university, and then you know, one thing let to another, and then you know, now now we're a couple.
Speaker 2: Now I got a question for you. Uh it says here in your text that you wanted to talk about your arrest record.
Speaker 1: That's another story, Dick.
Speaker 2: Do you do you still want to talk about it?
Speaker 1: Well, we kind of into all this is like I kind of I don't know because he's just asking your question.
Speaker 2: You said you want me to ask another question. Yeah, okay, So you don't want to talk about your arrest record?
Speaker 1: No, not right now?
Speaker 2: Okay? With like not right now? Is in like you like you don't want to talk about it for the rest of the time that we're on the phone, or like you don't want to talk about it, like literally like right now?
Speaker 1: Oh well, if we're going to talk about let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Well wait, wait, where are you at? Do you want to talk about it? You know? I want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I guess I'll talk about it because it's nothing like incriminated. It's more embarrassing if anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it was just like.
Speaker 1: I went out one time and I went out for drink and like I got a little bit too drunk, and I didn't have my blind king with me, and I was walking out and I got in a fight with somebody that was also really intoxicated, and then we both ended up getting in trouble.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean that's not that embarrassing. There's way more embarrassing things you could have done to get arrested. Then, you know, fight another guy. People think that's cool. I think get in fights and stuff, you know, I think that that's if like that. I think there's social I think there's in theory social clout to be gained from getting into fights. People watch. People pay him a lot of money to watch people fight each other, you know, So I don't know, people take a lot of people take a lot of pride in fighting each other. So I mean, you, I don't think it's that embarrassing.
Speaker 1: But dude, I got so much shit going into work because I was I was like with one of my coworkers and like Mike, one of my coworkers told them what happened, and obviously I didn't get in trouble, so like nobody was mad at me. But the very fact that I was like held like put into I guess not under arrest. So like what do they call it when you're when you're being held by the cops? Are be not arrested? Detained?
Speaker 2: The detained? Yeah that sounds right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because they wanted to get like the information, and I would. I'm never going to live that down. My co my co workers always come back to me and tell me, like, Hey, what's going on? Were you detained? Is that where you relate to work?
Speaker 2: Do you still work at this job?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I still work there now.
Speaker 2: Is that you have a job helping blind people?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, well you were blind of the time. And he got into this fight, right, yes, But like I said, I was drawing, how do you how do you? How do you? How do you uh do anything? Blind and drunk? Let alone get into a fight with a.
Speaker 1: Guy, Okay, because like, okay, the area that I was in okay, So like where I live, I lived here with my whole life. I've walked the street where I was out all the time. But I've known him like the back of my hand, and now that I'm blind, it's like I kind of pay attention to them even more. But like at the incident, I didn't have my white kne because when I go out with people, I don't like to have my white kne just to like just to like take attention away from me. Because imagine, if if you see a white cane, everybody's gonna be like, oh, look are blind a richer and I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you had your white cane, you could have kicked his ass with it.
Speaker 1: Well, he wouldn't he probably he probably wouldn't have attacked me.
Speaker 2: Interesting, No, it's true, he probably wouldn't. He probably wouldn't have attacked because you would look like such an asshole, you know, fighting a blind guy.
Speaker 1: But isn't that what you would have jumped in?
Speaker 2: Right? But isn't that what you want? Right? Like, you don't want to be treated any differently because you're blind. You want a guy, you know, if you're going to get into a bar fight, you don't want that experience to be hindered for you by somebody feeling bad for you because you're blind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like honestly, when it happened, It's like I went back into like because I used to wrestle and like wrestling and like box and everything, and I just kind of went back into like those raw like I don't know what happened, but justly just came over. Apparently the guy hit me in the face, and then when he hit me, I grabbed him in a bear hug and I tackled him to the floor, and then I took his back and then I was just right there riding his back, just holding him.
Speaker 6: Bright.
Speaker 2: You did that while blind? That's insane and drunk? What why did this guy fight you? Was what happens.
Speaker 1: I bumped into him, apparently, and I stepped on him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard, is this guy. This guy gets mad at you for bumping into him, and he doesn't know that you're blind, so he fucking punches you in the face.
Speaker 1: Honestly, do you know one of the do you know one of the cops, said one of the cobs, one of the CAUs honestly said, it is like you really couldn't tell that he was blind. Look into his fucking eyes and you can see his fucking blindness.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. No, No, see that guy should be embarrassed. That guy, you shouldn't be embarrassed. You should feel sick. You should be stoked about this. This is uh, this is a very very cool story on your end and an incredibly embarrassing story on his end, because he got his ass kicked by a guy who can't even see, and you, without being able to see, just took this motherfucker down with your sixth sense of wrestling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, it's it just you know, I don't know, because like I was obviously intoxicated. I like people like around me tell the like, oh yeah, it's like that guy punched you and then you just kind of bare hugged him and just took him to the floor. And then yeah, and then the cops showed up like a couple of minutes later, and then they just separated us and put his god, his both.
Speaker 2: Do you think if you had the cane you would have fought him with it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I probably would have been. Yeah, I probably would have been that ship like folded it up and probably like keep the ship out of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, like fucking turn it into nunchucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like brass knuckles or something and use like the cane tip.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: I would hope that somebody would jump in.
Speaker 2: So you for your job, you do you do special education? You teach other blind people ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the irony of everything. Yet I see I teach people how to, like how to walk around and how to like live independently within their own homes.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Do you teach them how to kick people's asses?
Speaker 1: No? No, Uh, you got to sign up for my only fans for that.
Speaker 2: It's your only fans. Uh what, So you teach them how to live in that? Do you? I mean you live with your girlfriend. But before that, did you? Were you able to be pretty independent?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, I mean I lived. I lived, you know, I obviously lived at home, and you know, just trying to you know, get myself on my feet and you know, trying to figure out oh, like the like the rules of like working as a blind person who's perceiving like like got government support. So it's like it's all that you just got to figure everything out. And then I got help with like housing from the government. They helped me get on my feet, and then you know, and you know, they helped me kind of fill out the people stuff and you know, pay like low prices for rent, and it's like there's a lot of resources out there and not really what I help people with.
Speaker 2: Now, that's pretty cool, man, that's pretty that's a that's pretty good. Do you like life? You sound like you're you're you're doing pretty damn good.
Speaker 1: I mean, I want to say, I am. You know, I think there's places. I think there's better things I can do. I don't know, like what, you know, like maybe cut back on drinking, you know, that's it, you know, just personal things like that. But outside of that, it's like I don't really know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask the chat real quick if they have any questions for you before we go. Let's see here. Someone said, I want to hear that story from the other guy's point of view. Yeah, I would. I would love to hear that story from the other guy's point of view.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Someone said, oh, how do you get to work? Like do you drive.
Speaker 1: So multiple ways depending on the weather, so like where I live. I specifically chose it because it's around a uh it's around a bus hub, so like a major transport for a lot of buses. So it's about like a about a quarter mile walk straight shot, just a straight shop.
Speaker 2: Someone asked, oh, it's quarterbackle. Oh okay, so you can just walk there, it's easy, Yeah, to.
Speaker 1: The bus hub and then I could just get to whatever bus I want and then all those buses take me wherever I want in my city. Or if it's raining, I could take a lift.
Speaker 2: Someone here says, what's your favorite advantage of being blind? What what's like anything good that you can take advantage of.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll give you one experience, one experience, okay, okay, okay, okay. I set this up. Okay. So I was kicking it with one of my friends, and they brought over like their cousins right like it was like a family get together, right, and and like their cousins they knew I was blind, but they didn't know how blind I was. They kind of just went like, oh, he's just blind blind and they were like like they were trying to like pull like like it was like a sap. We were like at a table right, like a table, and they were like and they were like pulling. They're pulling pranks on each other, like pulling like ship like that. And then one of them this was like back like when I still had like acid decent blind vision and like one of them like flashed another one of them because they were like friends or something like that, and they didn't think I would see it, but I saw it.
Speaker 2: So in this one instance, being blind caused you to see more tits. Yes, that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Because they, I guess they were playing on the idea that, oh, just splore you continuer make the stereotype ship and uh, they just they sayd it real quick, And I was looking that way, and like I saw it. I didn't acknowledge it, but I saw it.
Speaker 2: So yes, somebody asked, uh, final question, have your other senses gotten better? And follow up? Can you at least feel tits better if you cannot see them?
Speaker 1: Yes, I can. I can feel Tip's just great. And that's actually the first question. Then my senses get better. That's a misconception. It's not that my senses got better, it's just I learned how to use them better. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Explain?
Speaker 1: So, Like I can't I obviously see my peripheral visions and ahead of me and behind me, right, but I can hear people walking from a distance to me, like I can hear the footsteps, and that's how I know that there's people there. I can't see you, but I can hear your footsteps, and yeah, that's how I know there's people coming up in front of me when I'm walking.
Speaker 2: Isaac, sir, thank you very much for sharing your story with us. This was fun, This was a good conversation. Is there anything else that you wanted to talk about or that you wanted to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: Honestly, no, guest, It's like I don't want to pontificate or do anything like that. I'll just say, you know, hope everybody has a great rest of your day.
Speaker 2: That's it. Greg Hei, Thank you very much. Isaac, take care all right, bye, greck. I bet he is very good at fingering Attention. Europe. I am bringing my wildly fun Therapy Gecko Live show once again to your continent this fall, and you can get tickets right now at therapy geckotour dot com for the following European cities. Amsterdam November twelfth, Berlin November thirteenth, Manchester November fourteenth, London November sixteenth, Cologne, Germany. We'll see how many people come to that. November eighteenth, Dublin, Ireland November nineteenth and Glasgow, Scotland, November twenty first. Once again, you can get tickets for all those shows, and you can still get tickets from any of my US American tour dates right now at therapy gecko tour dot com. These are very fun shows. I did a europe tour last year and I had the time of my life. I hope you guys come back out. That's therapy geckotour dot com for tickets. Hope to see if folks there. Hello, what is your name?
Speaker 7: My name is is Eva?
Speaker 2: Eva? What's going on? Eva?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: Okay, you want me to be real with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you texted me and you said my name is Eve, I'm twenty five, and I quote need you to talk some sense into me with two exclamation points. What does that mean?
Speaker 7: That means that I miss someone that logically I really shouldn't. I really shouldn't and and I guess I'm really just sitting with that, you know, like it's to us, I was in love with this person, and well things were really really toxic between us. He just upped and was like I'm gonna join the Marine peace out and so we try to make it work. It's obviously not gonna work, And honestly, like, I'm really glad that he left because I kind of left me alone and forced me to like sit with myself and like look at our relationship, which was not the greatest, but it's just lonely. Like he felt like one of the only people that understood me at that time. Even though that might just be a lie, I'm telling myself completely real.
Speaker 2: No, this is a very interesting topic. I like thinking about this, do what oh what was I going to say? Why was it toxic?
Speaker 7: I think drugs was a big part of that. Keep it was only weed.
Speaker 2: Okay, what kind of what kind of drugs?
Speaker 7: It was just weed, Like that's We would just smoke a lot together and it was really interesting time in my life. I was also in on that like spirituality wave, so just got into some like really crazy mindsets. So like when ever he would say something that was like kind of mean, I would be like, oh, no, no, it's just my ego. Like that's the only reason it bothers me is because it's my ego. And so I would like put a lot of things to the side that looking back, I'm like, oh, maybe maybe that should have been a red flag. Actually, it would.
Speaker 2: Kind of mean what kind of mean things would he say?
Speaker 7: He would talk a lot about his eggs, and he would compare me to her, and I even just saying that, I'm so embarrassed because like why why would I say?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 7: Why would I put myself through that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: But just just like stuff that you I don't think you should be like telling someone who you claim to love someone, right, he'd do that. He would talk a lot about like other women. He would talk about me like I I have like I used to have really bad acme uh and there's still some scarring on my cheeks and so like he would point it out and be like, why do you why do you have like marks on your face? I'm like, bro, you know why?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, so this is a thing of just like you, how long it has been broken up for.
Speaker 7: I haven't talked. I haven't spoke to him in three weeks. But we were really.
Speaker 2: On and off, so that so you are not I mean, so it's not even a thing of broken up or not broken up. YouTube were so on and off that it wasn't even like a light switch that turns on and off. It was just a flow of of up and.
Speaker 7: Down definitely, I mean gets a little deeper. Like I mentioned the drugs. I at one point was doing acid and I thought the universe was like easier soul may And now I know that's silly, but I think that's also where it kept me there so long.
Speaker 2: But you miss him after these three weeks, you miss him, yeah, are Yeah, I mean that happens, right, like you get fucking lonely and so and like the lonelier you get, the more, the more, the more you're willing to uh just fucking accept whatever.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm. Yeah. And I think it's also like rebuilding.
Speaker 2: Like I know, you know, it's a whole thing, you know. I know, it's like like for if you you spent you invested all of this time and energy, the fucking the energy that it takes to like get to know somebody, and the time it takes to get to know somebody is a lot. And so for you to be like sitting there thinking like, well, you know, there's this guy who already likes me and he's kind of shitty, but I'm willing to put up with it so that I don't have to put all the fucking time and energy into finding somebody who's less shitty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, exactly, that's exactly right. And then also, like like I said, kind of stuck in the kind of weird spiritual space. So I thought like we were manifesting all these things. I thought we were going to be like the new Beyonce and Jaesus, I know, freaking high assholes, like we were both kind of ambitious people. And I'm sure you know it could be hard to find others who like want to do something cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I I I this is a tough thing. I mean, look obviously like the obviously the option, uh is it sounds pretty clear that yes, even though it's a lot of time and energy to invest in another relationship, it's like, I guess that's what you gotta do. I mean, that's what you gotta do. I mean you, I mean you don't even have to do that. It's like, I mean, even just being single is better than like being with someone who's like shitty to you because you don't want to be alone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, no, you're right, And.
Speaker 2: That's a tough that's a tough that's a that's a that's really like a like an easy uh logical, like there's an easy conclusion to logically come to is that you're you're better off alone or doing the work with someone else than with somebody who's shitty. But we I don't think that we make these kinds of decisions logically. We make them very emotionally, and so the loneliness is gonna like throw logic to the fucking corner of the room and it'll make the decision of like, no, no, we need to ease our loneliness immediately, right fucking now, and text this a crazy marine guy, this is what happens. And I don't know, I don't know if I don't know what the Yeah, that's the thing. It's like, you can come you can come to all the enlightened conclusions that you want at the end of the day, Like that you've got to learn how to overcome that strong emotional fucking thing and your brain that's gonna make you wanna, you know, text this dude who is like being shitty to you. How does one overcome that that strong emotional part of the brain that's guiding them into illogical decisions? Uh? If you find that out, I want you to call me back and tell me because I don't really know. Uh, it's probably it probably has something to do with like mindfulness or I mean this is a specific like like that that journey right of overcoming that emotional force that's guiding you to make illogical, stupid decisions. There is something spirit There is something spiritual about that, you know, something about you got to tap into a higher human side of your brain and and kind of ignore the monkey part of you.
Speaker 7: The monkey, Yeah, the monkey.
Speaker 2: I don't And I don't know. I don't. I mean, what do you think about all that?
Speaker 1: No? I I agree.
Speaker 7: I lately have just been listening to like David Gobbins yelling at me, like, do you want to do something better with your life? You gotta get up and get after me. And that gould of helped, but that could only get me so far. But I think it just like comes down to kind of, like you said, learning to be present and like actually making the changes. That's something you want, And that's like tough because not a lot of people like want change. And I'm speaking for myself, like I was in that relationship for three years and I mean I didn't even really get into like how it was at times abusive and stuff. But that's something that I sit back and look at and like, why why would I stay through that? Like why it doesn't make any sense? And I think it's just because I didn't want change, even though at that time, you know, I felt like I was on my spiritual journey. I felt like I was manifesting things. I felt like I was trying to find alignment with the universe or whatever whatever the people want to call it. It was really that I was addicted to the toxicity and up and down to my relationship.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, And by the way, you know, look, don't beat yourself up about it, because you were following a very It's it's human to like follow the lead of our emotions, causing us to make stupid fucking decisions, you know. So I don't think it's something to beat yourself up about. I don't know anyone who's mastered it. I get. I think to master it, you got to be like a literally a monk or something. I really don't know, like I, and I mean I I was feeling a type of way a couple of days ago, and I just I bought a PlayStation five. But I can only do that a couple times before it stops working. And then I got to find some other band aid. So it's really just I think maybe it's maybe it's a matter of just picking the least destructive band aid. That's where I'm at right now, Like if I'm feeling very like, uh, like I need to calm my fucking emotions. It's like you can get high, you can uh eat a box of cocoa puffs, you can buy a PlayStation five, you can go on a walk. And I'm like, all right, I'll go on a walk, Like what's the which band aid will fuck up my life the.
Speaker 7: Least the least and also like trying to keep this fresh, right, like how many walks can you go on before you're like, oh, I've seen this tree tho.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I guess what I've been thinking. I'm I've been really theory crafting this stuff. I think it probably has something to do with like, like in the short term, when you're just like when you're like lonely and you're like, I'm so lonely. Fuck this, I don't want to do that. I'm just gonna text uh my asshole marine boyfriend guy. You're like, Okay, that's something I could do to short term, you just gotta find a better a short term band aid for yourself and keep running them through into you because you're gonna hit You're right, You're gonna see the same tree over and over again, or eat the same brand of fucking cookie dough over and over again, and the returns they're gonna diminish. So like, do that in the short term, but then I guess in the long term, I don't, I don't know. This is like how to like fix your life, which I'm trying to figure out, is like, in the long term, you probably should be doing some thing to change the actual day to day of your life that's more of like a year or two or three or five or ten fucking whatever. And then in the short term, you know, you eat uh uh what I eat? I eat Mike and Ikes until but again, but find something better than eating mic and ikes. Fucking go on a to go on a walk, so just the least destructive band aid you can.
Speaker 1: Find, yeah, yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: Keep going and then eventually you'll die and it won't matter and you'll realize that it was all it was all you worried about everything for no reason, and now you're dust in a in a cave.
Speaker 7: I mean, I would hope to be like dust at the bottom of the ocean or something. I mean, okay, wait, ten does exist in the ocean.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything. I don't know stuff.
Speaker 7: You always say that, but I think you do.
Speaker 1: Like these are just but these are.
Speaker 2: Just like theories that I'm playing around with. I don't know. I don't know anything for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess that's the thing, right, none of us will ever know for sure until we know.
Speaker 2: I forgot what I was gonna say. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Well, what are you gonna what are you gonna do?
Speaker 7: I think I'm going to. Well, first, I've got some work to do, but I think I'm going to put myself out there and try and make new friends and just move on with That's a good idea. Yeah, I'm being out with some new people. The city I live in has lots of cool like art spaces and like, there's definitely a lot of things I can I could go.
Speaker 2: What city are you in?
Speaker 7: I'm in San Antonio?
Speaker 2: San Antonio? Okay, I have heard that's a real good for you.
Speaker 7: I have wager And how can I go along?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There we go. And next time you want to text your ex boyfriend, just go, just go to Waterburger instead and get everything.
Speaker 7: Actually, that sounds like a terrible idea.
Speaker 2: That's what I told you. I said, I don't know any of this stuff. This is my thing you're taking. I mean that's I can only tell you what I would do, and what I would do is not always the best thing to do.
Speaker 7: Uh Well, San Antonio is known for being like one of the most obese cities. I forgot who was There's some comedian that I was like, Damn, I've never seen more of fatmage in a city before.
Speaker 2: I was like, dang, that's the kind of fat that I'm getting to. Is that's the kind of fat that I'm getting to.
Speaker 1: Is.
Speaker 2: I'm considering moving cities so that just optically I'm one of the skinnier people that would be. That's my backup plan.
Speaker 7: It's a plan.
Speaker 2: What's your name again?
Speaker 7: Eva?
Speaker 2: Eva? Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 7: Drugs don't give you wisdom, They give you cool things to think about.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that, Uh, take care of it. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 7: Yeah you two level bus one by.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Drugs also just get your really fucked up. They get your high. So that you kind of just zone out or I don't know. They affect everyone differently, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know from Christina.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi there, What is your name? My name is Christina, Christina. What's up? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 7: I feel like.
Speaker 3: I think I'm having like a predicament about being ginger, and I think I'm just tired of it.
Speaker 2: Christina, do me a favor? Could you actually put me on speakerphone?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, is this better?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, you're having a predicament about being ginger? Yeah, what's the predicament is?
Speaker 3: Like? Should I continue being ginger? If it is like a really big part of my life and it like it affects my every day, like like I get a lot of attention from it, and like a lot of men like are really weird about it. But I'd like i'd have to tell you, like why I'm ginger in the first place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, you're talking about it like it's isn't ginger? Like you are born with.
Speaker 3: Red hair, I was born ginger, but like it was on purpose.
Speaker 2: You were born, you were created ginger? How does that work?
Speaker 3: My mom, she she had like she had a really traumatic marriage and she left the marriage, and she she was like forty two at this point, and she bought a sperm donor who was ginger and so she could have ginger kids.
Speaker 2: Why did she specifically want to have ginger kids?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: She she was, she's like she passed away, but she's she was kind of racist and like weird and a little crazy, and she just had like a really you know, traumatic life. So I think that could have done it. But she got.
Speaker 2: Are the whitest white people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: What is sher? Is your mom ginger?
Speaker 3: No? No, she's not ginger.
Speaker 2: Did you have much of a relationship with her?
Speaker 3: I did, Yeah, she she passed away like four years ago, but we didn't have like a very good relationship. I definitely like had a problem with how crazy she was and she ended up marrying a ginger when I was eleven, and so that was like just my stepdad was this ginger guy.
Speaker 2: So you're debating whether or not you would like to continue being ginger? What would you do if like you didn't want to, would you just like dye your hair and shit?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I'd probably just like dye my hair black.
Speaker 2: What kinds of cons are you experiencing from being ginger.
Speaker 3: So I I think like a lot of like I see a lot of memes on the Internet where people were like they're the ugly gingers and the attractive gingers, and I feel like I accidentally fell into that attractive category where men have like a fetish about gingers. So I, like, I go to work, I've had like multiple stalkers at my job. I was like a barista, so I had like multiple Like I had a man memorize my schedule and like he sent me flowers and like he ended up like getting pictures of me and like knowing my name. And I had no idea who this man was, but he would like send me letters at my work and like he I had to get like walked to my car for a month. And I've just had like a lot of situations like that, and I've dated a lot of people who are just like ginger fetish. It's it's really weird.
Speaker 2: So you well, let me ask you do you like being ginger?
Speaker 3: I think it's cool, Like I don't like the attention, but like my hairs cool.
Speaker 2: And I mean like I mean, listen, dog, here here's here's the thing is like in my opinion at the end of the day. It's like, regardless of of you know, what other people think. It's like, what I mean, what do you want to do? Like, if you like the way you look, I wouldn't change it just because of you know, other people. And if you don't like the way you look, then you should feel free to change it if you if you want to. So, I mean, regardless of whatever's going on outside of it, I would like tap into what what you want to do.
Speaker 3: That's true. I feel like i'd probably I want to stay ginger and just I don't know, by again or something to protect myself from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, here's the thing. You know, Uh, if you're attractive, you're going to get attention regardless of whether or not you're a ginger.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: I just think like maybe if I look a little bit edgier or like a little scarier, then maybe people would avoid me. I also have like the worst social anxiety ever.
Speaker 2: So you just okay, So you just are trying to find out how to what way can I look that will attract the least amount of attention to me as possible. I mean, look, math, that's how you want to do it.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. If again, if I were you, I would just it's how you want to look and be.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: What the fuck was I gonna say? Oh yeah, you said a bunch of crazy stuff. You were like your your parents, your mom made you ginger on. But can you even do that's like a thing you can do, Like can you go into a sperm donor and like could you you just buy? Like what you can just be like, hey, I want you can like custom create a character your baby, and like you can like race and ship.
Speaker 3: Allegedly, there's like a rule against gingers donating sperm because we have such high levels of skin cancer and like they think it's genetic, but obviously it's just because we're pale. But somehow my mom found one and I'm ginger now and I have like a bunch of documents from the guy who donated and it describes his appearance. It doesn't give his name, but he's like ginger, blue eyes, six foot, he was like an engineer, So yeah, you can you can pick all that stuff out.
Speaker 2: What do you think of that South Park episode?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's pretty funny. I've definitely set my boyfriend it and he liked a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny because you would think like I because I maybe it's just like ginger guys or whatever. But I always thought that there was a general uh uh anti ginger sentiment.
Speaker 3: Well, ginger guys get the worst of it. Ginger women are just like they're They're usually thought of as like attractive, but like ginger guys get the worst, Like they're automatically going to be kind of weird and like pale.
Speaker 2: You know, do you are you? Are you actively unattracted to ginger guys?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would never date a ginger. Imagine how weird that would be.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: I got like shipped with gingers when I was in middle school though, like everyone thought I was going to date the other ginger, which is weird.
Speaker 2: So you're anti ginger guys? Is there a dating the ship? Is there a like a ginger meat?
Speaker 3: Really incestuous? You know?
Speaker 2: Incestuous? Yeah, here's the let me tell you something. You could take any relationship and if you go back far enough, it's incestuous.
Speaker 3: But like gingers, especially because they're just from one island, Is that true? Well, I guess you could be Scottish, but like the land of Ireland is such a small island, and like.
Speaker 7: I just wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I probably wouldn't date someone that was a redhead because like whenever I see like a flash of orange or like red, it's like my reflection. So I'd probably get like jump scared. I just think that there's like a mini me with me.
Speaker 2: Do you would you date any Irish person?
Speaker 3: Maybe? I I kind of know probably not.
Speaker 2: Someone should make that. Is that a thing? Gingermait hold on, hold on just real quick. I'm gonna google this. I'm gonna google this real quick. Okay, hold on, uh, let's see.
Speaker 3: Gin someone in the chat that I have a PhD.
Speaker 1: And Gingery.
Speaker 2: Ginger dating. I'm not like those other podcasts where like they can pull shit up. I just have like, okay, Ginger, Oh, there it is redhead Dates.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Dot com choose your country, United States, join for free today. Okay, yeah, there it is find your red Okay, so oh you know what, all right? I think I don't know if this is for I think this is for just anyone looking for a redheaded wife. I don't know if you have to necessarily be a redhead.
Speaker 3: I've I like, did this is like a secret, but like I may have done a little bit of sex work before, and I think I definitely benefited or like crofited off of it, like men go crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: By the way, I just if I could take this time to just on in my personal life, if anyone out there just like has a fetish they specifically like Jewish men, I don't care at all. I don't mind. Just I'm just throwing that out there.
Speaker 3: I'm pro ginger fetishists because that's where I make the money.
Speaker 2: You So, there we go. Everything works out, I think, and I'm still a breetist. So they tip, Well, so what do you are before we go? Do you think you're gonna do it? Are you gonna stay?
Speaker 3: Or you know, honestly, at the end of the day, it's really just how lazy I am. And I'm too lazy to die my hair black and like manage to upkeep with it.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another thing. It's a whole fucking it's a bunch of work. Yeah, well, what's your name again, Christina? Are you gonna have it? Would you want to have ginger kids?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. My boyfriend's Mexican no way.
Speaker 2: But if you have kids with your boyfriend, they're gonna be half Ginger, half Mexican.
Speaker 3: No, they're gonna be Mexican. There's no way.
Speaker 2: The way you hold on, hold on, hold by the way, the way you said that, the way you said that just now, the way you said that just now made it sound like if you had a ginger kid you would kill them.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe, well, don't throw a child in the dumpster. I'm gonna make that my official and I'm gonna make that an official Therapy Gecko opinion. Uh, Christina, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go? Hip or Buris says, take care?
Speaker 3: Okay, you too?
Speaker 2: By Christina Bye, Dan, that's pretty crazy. She said she might kill one of her kids, but I don't She was probably joking. Hello, folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to by becoming a premium member of Therapy Gecko over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes, they get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, They get recordings from my live shows, members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode, who is this? What's your name?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 5: You can say my name?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: That was?
Speaker 2: That was That's a That's a crazy way to answer that question. That's the craziest way I've ever heard someone atswer that question. What's your name? You can say my name. It's like if you were a demon that escapes from my head and I met you on the street in the form of a human and I was like, what's your name? And you were like, you can say my name? You know me, I'm the demon in your head.
Speaker 5: I have a book called The Testament of Solomon that I read and it describes all the demons in hell, so I know quite a few demons.
Speaker 2: Well, what's going on with you, Daniel?
Speaker 5: I currently have a warrant for my arrest right now.
Speaker 2: Okay. If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a premium member at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com, or find the link in the episode description. That's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say, Goes on the line. If your phone calls every night, never be get goes don his ride who was teaching you
Speaker 3: To house over your life, but he's not ready an expert