Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus.
Speaker 1: On what matters most Ready.
Speaker 2: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be. But understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: Can you talk about Africa? For sure?
Speaker 4: Were let's do it? So let's talk about Africa finally, point where do I start? Uh So, if you're not familiar, if you haven't been following us on social media, we are taking a tour of Africa. We are in our second country. We started in Rwanda and they coincided with the NBA Africa League and now we are in Kenya. Now rob Kenya, shout out to Kenya diaspora. So we're gonna hit a couple other countries before we leave. It's an extended, extended trip and we're here to talk to dignitaries, entrepreneurs and uh further our reach inside the continent. Mm hmmm hm, well gotta do it yep. So first, lit'sten man Rwanda country. I don't think a lot of people are really understand like the level of infrastructure that they have. Man, they run this country. They run that country on a very efficient model. Everybody told us it was the cleanest country in Africa. When I got there, I realized why they said that, because there's no trash. They don't even have They don't allow plastic bags inside the country. It's like it's like the Rwanda like for real, Like they don't allow plastic bags inside the country.
Speaker 1: And plastic bottles will be out by next year.
Speaker 2: The last crop of plastic bottles are now being distributed and they won't be any more going forward.
Speaker 4: There's no there's no trash on the streets. Streets are immaculate. I didn't see any homelessness when I was there. I didn't see any any people begging for money.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Security is super tight everywhere you go, very militant, very impressive, extremely and it's beautiful too. They got mountains, it looks like Switzerland or so like. It's like it's all on the hills, mountains, green, very lush green. You know, we went to see the gorillas, so they got there's a bunch of different things to do in Randa. But okay, now when we go to Rwanda, we meet a variety of different people and everybody man shout out to fa team. It's too many people to name. But Fatima she's important. We'll get her market mondays soon. She's an entrepreneur that's actually building a real estate development out there. She kind of like laid out a whole itinerary for us and everything. But we met a lot of great people with like NBA Africa, we met a lot of great people in the government, a lot of opportunity for sure. Calice actually owns a lot of property in Rwanda. At least lives in Kenya. She moved to Kenya, but she was in Rwanda and she was telling us she owns a lot of property in Rwanda as well. So she's all over Africa just buying up land and doing a variety of different things.
Speaker 3: We got to talked to her. We got talked to her eventually too.
Speaker 4: But they were very impressed about invest Fest and we are here working on behalf of investvest Also, I'll say that we're here working to try to get people to come speak at Investmentest for sure, stay tuned, stay tuned. And we're also working on behalf of trying to get just representation from the continent at Investmentest. So there will be panels about investing in Africa at invest Fest, there will be pre there will be a presence inside off in the marketplace at a high level.
Speaker 3: Let's just say that.
Speaker 4: To promote investment on the continent, because you know it's crazy. We went to a restaurant yesterday and when we was in Rwanda and shout out to Tuma and he told us like a local restaurant, so we met up. We met an entrepreneur and older gentleman. But you can tell like he's like a very well respected savvy entrepreneur. He's like one of those guys and he has a variety of different businesses outside of just being a restaurant tour But after we we ate, we had a conversation with him and he said, he said, I need you. He said, quote he said, well, first he said, he said, he said, this.
Speaker 3: Is he said, how y'all like it? How you like? Why now you like Africa? Like we know, we love it.
Speaker 4: He's like, this is your continent, Like, this is your continent. He's like, he's like, have you brought property out here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like he's like, what you're waiting for. I'm like, I'm like, you know, we're just trying to figure it out. And he's like, this is your continent. He's like, and I want you to tell your people in America. This is what he says. I need you to tell your people in America, he said, and it was a very respectful way.
Speaker 3: But he was.
Speaker 4: Like, like the change that you have on your neck.
Speaker 3: He was like.
Speaker 4: He was like cash. He's like, just cash those chains in and proper. He's like investing Africa. He's like investing. He's like anywhere. But he was like, you know, since we in Rwanda that was he was championap He's like anywhere in the continent. He was like, look, he was like, just try it out, just buy one property. Like he was like literally like going. He was like look, He's like why would you Why are you staying there? Like why are you in a country that doesn't want you? He was like Yo, we need you here. Like he's like tell. He's like, tell your people. He's like, take the chains, like cash in the chains and buy a house in Africa.
Speaker 2: He broke it down to a science and he was like, Yo, how much would the house cost you, let's say in Atlanta, like maybe four hundred thousand. He's like, how much rental income would you get for that? Like, I don't know, maybe three thousand, thirty five hundred. He was like, I could buy one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars house and get the same rent here.
Speaker 1: Why would you waste the money?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and house in Atlanta is way more than that. Now we can talk about how's in Atlanta at one point one million, two million dollars. But yeah, he's very educated on on the geopolitical landscape because he used to live in Canada.
Speaker 1: Yep, so he was.
Speaker 4: We had a conversation about the political landscape currently in America. We had a conversation about real estate prices in Atlanta. We had a conversation about minerals in Africa. And he was a very he's very educated person when it comes to the world. But his his his thing was why are you wasting your time over there. He's like, even if you don't come full time, like just to have something. He was like, He's like this, He's like, I want you to know and I want your audience to know that this is your continent.
Speaker 5: Straight up say again placed because they may not have heard it the first time. And this is coming from a person who's in Africa, right because I know this is coming from an African that's living in Africa. Now when he says it's your continent, not to say like it's not his too, but he's saying like it's ours.
Speaker 3: So he's like, look, why are you not here?
Speaker 4: Why why why don't why don't come? Like, why don't come here? He's like, we got the infrastructure, we got everything, we run in the government. He's like, he's like why why, why, why why are more people not coming.
Speaker 2: I'll just add to being in Rwanda outside of it, yes, being I feel like it was the safest I don't think I felt any safe for anywhere that I've been in the world. Definitely one of the safest places. Definitely one of the cleanest places as well. But how government works with the private sector and works with its citizens is pretty impressive. Like everybody has the same vision to make sure that they promote Rwanda to be the brightest and be it full of opportunity. Everybody's on that same mission, no matter what. If it's the restaurant, if you're going you're walking down a store, if you're in the car with the driver, everybody has that same vision of loving the government but loving what they can help do in terms of infrastructure. So we went to a few properties and shout out to Fatima again, but she brought she brought us to her development which was affordable housing, which is incredible because sustainability that they've been able to create.
Speaker 1: And we were sitting here like why are we doing this here in America? Like why what kind.
Speaker 2: Of codes are they passed and infrastructure and technology are they creating that they're able to do this at scale in a very short amount of time. And then we saw a luxury housing and I know everybody's like, the first thing when they think of Africa, it's not luxury for why wouldn't you, right, Like, there's people who have wealth and there's people who are wanting to obtain it. And so when we went to the luxury problem, which is just like man, this is incredible, like.
Speaker 1: Real cities.
Speaker 2: And so a couple of things that I noticed was like, obviously, who's running it, who's the architect, who's the engineer, who's the interior designer?
Speaker 1: All looked like us.
Speaker 2: But on top of it was like that everybody's pretty young that's doing this. The team that we met, I mean maybe mid forties or younger, which is incredible.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: And we've seen we've seen a few Americans that have gone there and said like, there's no need for us to go back.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a bunch of Americans that expats that I've moved there. There's a bunch of people that was living in America that moved back or got educated in America for team and she actually went to war in school of business and came back.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of people that are like.
Speaker 4: Not really impressed about trying to just live in America, Like they could have the option to live there if they want to, but there's like too much money, too much opportunity, too friendly to peaceful. And the thing the thing about the country too, is that they had the genocide that happened thirty years ago. So if you've seen that movie hotel in Rwanda, which they have very strong views about that. But so they read not to cut you off. They said it was.
Speaker 1: Some some some truths and some falseots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they said it says a lot of creative license.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of misrepresentations, a lot of representation, a lot of misrepresentation was done in that on it.
Speaker 3: That's what they say. But it's like Singapore.
Speaker 4: There's no smoking, so I asked them yesterday, there's no there's no there's no drugs in Rwanda and you can't smoke weed, so you're not going to see nobody. It's a very militant place. Like if you've been to Singapore, you can kind of you understand what I'm saying, Like it's it reminds me of Singapore, Like it's it's very militant. The night life is they don't really have like it's not like on the West Side, Like they don't party to like you know, but everybody's not a partier. So some people just want to just have a peaceful, just quiet life and just enjoy their life.
Speaker 3: Right. So that's that's that's Rwanda. Now we're in Kenya.
Speaker 2: Oh not before we leave, because you talked about entrepreneurs, and we be remiss if we didn't say that. We went to a tech chub inside of Kakali, and we want to talk about just brilliance. So this tech cub is pretty much solving the problems for the continent. So a lot of people are coming here. Investors are coming here, but a lot of the billiant minds of the continent are coming here. We spoke to a gentleman and we'll probably have them on market moneys as well. Who's creating infrastructure for I guess it would be like W nine workers in a sense, right, no contracted.
Speaker 4: Workers economy, the gig economy like uber drivers.
Speaker 1: Oh well yes, but that was part of it.
Speaker 2: It was the uber economy obviously from people getting jobs, but the people who do a lot of the contract and it was like, how do you know how much they've worked?
Speaker 1: How do you know the projects that they worked on?
Speaker 2: There's no data set for it, which is not a problem, like we don't think about that, but like that's a real issue.
Speaker 1: If you have a lot of infrastructure and.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of people that are working for it, it would be like when you go to the side of the road and you pick up somebody and you're like, oh, I need you to fix something like there's a country that's doing that, but nobody's getting documented. And when they go to banks or institutions to try to get loans, to try to have credit, there's no paperwork on them. So how do you create the infrastructure that has that paperwork? And now when they go to an institution and say, hey, this is the body of work I've done, here's my work history, here's how much I've made, here's what I need, that becomes more of an easier process, which is not something that sitting there thinking about, I'm like, wow, that makes a lot of sense. How many countries need something like that? I mean, just a lot of brilliance that's happening.
Speaker 6: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security under President Trump attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,