Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes. So, as you know, my podcast Reality with the King is on tour and my next stop is live in New York City with the one the Only Queen of New Jersey, Teresa Judais. Yes, on Tuesday, June eighteenth at the City Winery, Teresa Judais and I will have a live conversation in front of a live audience. Make sure you get your tickets now. Log onto my website Kingdom raint dot com. That's Kingdom r E I G N e n T dot com. Or if you're on social media and follow me, click on the link of my bio to purchase your tickets. Once again, the website is Kingdom rainnt dot com. Hit the tab that says tour and me and to Judais cannot wait to see you on Tuesday, June eighteenth in New York City. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Drives on today's episode of Reality with the King, Honey, I'm with the King of summerhouse Baby, the King of Martha's Vineyard, the King of shady confessionals Honey, and the King of memes. Apparently, please give it up for the star, Honey, A summer Martha's been your resting.
Speaker 2: What an introduction. I so appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I love you, President. How have you been?
Speaker 2: You know? Life is life in like I've I just literally made a post the other day that said, you know what, I'm in a season of my life where I'm getting everything I prayed for, and I just hope it continues like this is this is a blessing, honestly, so I just I just pray it pay it continues, you know, because everybody ain't eight ball all the time. So let's just hope this maintain no listen, it will maintain listen.
Speaker 1: As the King of Reality Television press and Okay, my advice to you is just enjoy the ride and remain humble. Okay, yes, because You're only as good as your last episode. Honey, and the folks who love You're gonna read.
Speaker 2: You try, you know, but that's incredibly real. Though I always said this, I appreciate these moments because we know reality can be fleeting, so it's like, why not just enjoy the ride while it's here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Summer House, Martha's being here is such a good show. You are so fantastic on the show, Preston, And I want to firstveil this though, how did you get cast on the show? Because you never saw yourself being on a reality show, so I want to know how all of that came about too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the short of it is that, I mean, really it was by way of connection to my line brother Silas and then Jasmine. They were on the vineyard already. I was on the vineyard, but separate. We weren't staying in the same house. And it just happens that some of them who were already together, like Silas, Jasmine, Jordan, I think Shanise, Jason, Dad took this picture and kind of it was sought out, and then I guess the casting folks were like, well, if you know anybody else who could actually be good for the show, let us know, we'll just reach out. And then of course Silas reached out to me and then was like, Hey, what are your thoughts. I'm like, hell, no, this doesn't make any sense. I'm not doing this because you have to understand my career was like on this like upward trajectory, and you can't control a lot on reality TV. Like even with me knowing I can control my responses to certain things, there's just a lot there. And as a reality TV watcher, I know that. So I was like, all right, this may not make sense. But the more we talked about it, I had this list of pros and cons, and suddenly the pro started to aweigh the cons of what I could do and what I could contribute to reality TV, especially with the network like Bravo. Right, something's so expansive, something that I personally haven't really seen black gay men being like on the center stage, if you will. Like a lot of times we were seen as the accessories, the friend ofs and all love truly to those individuals. But it was just the time I think that we had to shine a little bit brighter and that space just opened up.
Speaker 1: Oh baby, you opened up the space. Honey, You're owning the space. You're clearing the girls, your confessional addites are so funny to me. And the thing that I love about you, Preston, I can tell that you're just authentically you. And what I love the most about you is you are authentically black.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if you know this. So a couple of friends texted me in the pastor ble of days and was like, I don't know if you know, but one of your tweets from ten years ago is in this black Twitter documentary and I was like, oh really, and they were like yeah, so they sent it to me and I was like, see, this is important though, right, like, because the reality is I have been very active ono, Like a lot of these new people use x, I use Twitter, so like, at the end of the day, it's like, you probably will pull up some tweets about me being extremely black, because that's just who I always have been. Frankly, no, but.
Speaker 1: That's what you bring to the show that I think is so refreshing. Like you said, is what you bring to the network that we haven't seen. And I'm happy that Ravo has chosen to really do a black version of Summer House. And I think all of you, I call y'all kids, because I'm your older big brother, right so I think you kids do a fantastic job at just being yourselves and representing the show, representing yourselves. I'm a huge fan of the show. What's interesting about it is you talk about Silas, which is Jasmine's husband, being your line brother, and he of course was like, oh, bro, you want to do the show?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: What happened to you and Jasma Honey? Because when you went to Jamaica with Bria Jordan, Jasmine wasn't part of that equation. So what is going on? Because I thought the show was built around Jasmine Honey and you left her in the dust pan with the broom.
Speaker 2: I love this question because it's always important to correct the record. Jasmine at that point, in my honest opinion, was not really my friend in that way. She is my line brother's wife, and I don't think that's atypical for like people who have ls's and LB's Like you are your part of it, and I was in the wedding to be very clear, but even Silas will admit that him and I were not super tight like we were a line brother. And as someone who's about to get married next year, I can tell you that a lot of people who you pick for your weddings sometimes are not your closest and closest it's people who are responsible, and it's people who you have love for, who you know are going to pay their bills, be on time, and actually make sure things go smoothly and so, and that's just what That's the main advice I've gotten from a lot of my married friends, frankly and so. But at the end of the day, Sars and I are like, we're cool, right, But Silas will even admit we were not like this, And I think our relationship has like had its ebbs and flows, certainly, But I say that as the context to say Jasmine was really her like their friends. So even when we were having this like full conversation about should Jasmine on the trip, they will. I'll tell you I never said no ever, because it wasn't my place to. It's like, through their connection and relationships, I built separate friendships with the people who you just named, and it just felt like it made sense to go. They had all those conversations around Oh, maybe it does make sense. Maybe it doesn't make sense. First of all, I will always have issues with people who aren't introspective enough when they're the common denominator in certain situations, everyone is not randomly not speaking to you. They may not be telling you the truth, they may not even be sharing it out loud, but they share it with me. And I'm not even talking about those women. I'm talking about a couple of guys. What were they saying about Jazmin that she was being different the Jazzminte they knew before we started filming season one was different than the Jazmine they recognized during filming and after the fact, and even in my interactions they were different. It didn't make me dislike her, but it did make me.
Speaker 1: Go, I don't know and fear like she got a big hit or ego because of the show, just moving different lead.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, and I'm not even trying to be shady. This is what I'm really like, Shady and truth can coexist, like, but I'm really not trying to be shady. When I say this, right, she will admit that she was buying Instagram fun like she bought Instagram followers, like it's stuff like that that for me makes it. It makes me uncomfortable because I don't understand why you're doing it. We had this full conversation in the text group, all of us said so like, no one is shocked. I think people just don't want to say it. And I'm always in trouble for being the person who decides to be honest. But I'm like, we know some of us felt uncomfortable. It didn't make her a villain, it didn't make her a bad person. We were just like, this is different than the person we're used to, and that built some tension for some of the folks.
Speaker 1: And one thing I will say, because as a gay black man myself, who have a lot of female friends and we hang out whatever, one thing I will say, not to speak for you, but I think I think you may agree with this. When it comes to the gays and the girls. The girls shockingly, because I know y'all think we're messy too. They are kind of a not in this case, you're not the girls fight.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's showing stuff. This is why I always need to clear the records and establish friendships and what words mean and what they don't mean. Because everyone calls everyone their friends, and I'm very clear about who my friends are and who they're not.
Speaker 1: So when it comes to the summer House, Martha's been your cast. Who are your friends?
Speaker 2: People I would consider my friends, meaning like I talk to them often, I don't I feel like I can trust them, et cetera. Would be Jordan's Summer, Nick, Emir, Noel, Shanise. Those are the people I talk to you, probably the most consistently. I don't talk to Bria often. I don't talk to oh and Alex too. Sorry, I don't talk to Bria often. I don't talk to Jasmine often, even though we you know, we're trying to figure it out. We're trying to figure it out. So yeah, so honestly, Jasmin and Bria are probably there too. I talk to the least as a fan of the show.
Speaker 1: I adore your friendship with Jasmine and Silas, and I will love to see you and Jasmine get to a good place. Do you think there's a world where you two can get to a good place.
Speaker 2: I would love that, like I would absolutely love that. I just want us to start from a place of honesty and certain lack of expectations, right, I think there are certain things expected of me that she and others were not expect of anyone else. For example, I've been dubbed right the voice of Reason, the more of the neutral person overall. But I'm like, I getn't title myself that, and so like, y'all are putting this burden on me, and it doesn't escape me that I happen to be the only queer person in this house either, and we always feel this burden of always having to be there for everyone else, and so I'm kind of exhausted with it. And so I'm like, as long as we can actually create this environment where our friendships seem as equal as they can and not being like well precedent stand up for me, like you don't expect these people to stand up for you either, So, like you know, it just doesn't make sense for me personally. I pray we can get to a good spot. Like, honestly, this show really is built around friendships, and I think it would be terrible when God forbid, when the show ends down the line. I would hate that this is what we couldn't this is what broke us, because to be honest, if there wasn't for it, we would still be okay, right, we would just go along with the get along. And so I think, obviously this is new for all of us. We're figuring it all out. But I think we have to like give each other permission to not censor ourselves. We're no, we're going to do these interviews, and so it's like give us permission to actually tell our own truth and our own side of the story. And I don't think everyone on our cast unfortunately allows each other to be that free.
Speaker 1: Did you see the interview that Jasmine I did?
Speaker 2: I did? Yeah?
Speaker 1: How did you feel when she made it seem as if the people who develoved an ego on the show were you and the rest of the people in the Jamaica trip.
Speaker 2: Well, that more sounds like jealousy from the non invitation, because the reality is Jasmon didn't really know me. Jasmine and I hung out maybe six times before the show, Like this is why I'm like, what the hell are you talking about? Like honestly, like we didn't really know each other, so like it just fascinates me because again, I am very clear about who my people are and who they're not, and I'm not about to create this like entire dynamic. Like everybody in DC when they see me on the street, everyone talks about how I'm the same exact person who they've known for the past fourteen years. And so it's like, if you think I'm going to hold your opinion higher, we haven't even spent two hands together. I just can't. I can't take that opinion seriously. I'm sorry, Yeah, I just I can't. You are, but you are not about the whole higher opinion than my best friend of twelve years, Like, I I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Would you say that when it comes to this show, was it difficult for you to walk into a situation knowing that there is cameras twenty four to seven? And did that make some of you and the cast more conscious of your behavior because you knew that by any given moment, there's a camera where backs up the bathrooms.
Speaker 2: I think yes and no. So like I think the first summer when we filmed, I think it was much more like old crap. Like I'm literally walking down the steps and I'm accidentally treating this like as avid elementary, so I'm just looking directly in the camera. I'm like, oh, I'm sorry, y'all. I'm sorry. But I think you know, when I started to learn that there was like Mike's and headboards and different things, I'm like, Okay, this is a lot. But I think honestly, the second summer, which is I think while we were so activated so quickly on the first day, is I think we just didn't care anymore. I mean, it was just like whatever, Like we're gonna get what they're gonna get from us. Literal, my whole ass cheeks is out this summer. So I think you'll just, you know, we let it go a little bit more. But I've also realized the truth is you can't run away from yourself no matter how much you try, and you know the real you is going to eventually come out. But that's just real. Right, Like we're filming for a couple of weeks, You're gonna have the good, bad, and ugly, and I think people wish they didn't show the ugly, but we all have it in us, right, It's just different things that's gonna bring it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And one thing we're walking the season, there's been this dialogue and we're seeing it for the past couple of episodes about your friend Nick being too handsy. I want to get your thoughts on that, because again I'm not in the house obviously, and the house is twenty for seven, but based on the show, and again this is my opinion, I didn't think Nick came across that way unless there's the things that happened that I'm not seeing. And I could tell that at the moment he was informed of this. What I did appreciate that he addressed it hit on. He's like, let's talk about it, and I thought he handed that delicately. But man, we're seeing the conversation happen again, so I want to get your thoughts on it, Like, is Nick a handsy person? Nick?
Speaker 2: So this is why I always said, hansy does not mean an appropriate person, right know, only people frankly who can judge that is the person who like feels your fingers on them. But that's the point I was originally trying to say to him. Anyway, It's like, yes, some people at that point, it was Jordan and Summer who were having that conversation, which to me felt very different because they do have a close relationship and so you know, for me, I was like, Okay, I cannot tell Nick, but we kind of are already that. Honestly, that episode was kind of funny because when Nick was like, we'll just do what I do, do nothing, I'm like, Okay, I feel like this is God because I probably would have kept this in, but stop the wills funny. I stopped the will Ye like, well, yeah, I'm like, NAHV that just said it. I can't just let this go. So you know, I mentioned it and he was I think kind of floored at first, but then did respond I think to your point, like well, and how he went about it. I do think Nick can be handsy. I just don't think that necessarily means inappropriate. And I think it's because Nick is very affectionate. So even with me, Nick is like always hugging on me, grabbing on me, like that is just who Nick is. But some people aren't. Some people don't like that right, And so for me, I was like, well, it's not really about if you feel your handsy. If someone is making a common aboud it and maybe making them a little uncomfortable, and that's kind of just is what it is. I think it coming up again, which you'll see. I think it's weird actually how it came up again. I feel like it was done to be messy by the person who brought it up. Ultimately, other than that, it was just kind of like girl talk, like they were just chilling and talking. I think what led to it was not as sincere as me bringing it to Nick's attention. And yeah, y'allmost see all that, but I didn't like how it came off the second time.
Speaker 1: So speaking of the second time Will and Mariah second time around, Okay, well we saw first season with Phil who by the way, you know how they call some reality stars who get a second season the second season blow up? Your band's feel had a second season blow up.
Speaker 2: He was always like an attractive person, That's what I'm just like, be attractive, but a little less loud, but show some levels.
Speaker 1: What I did love though this season because like like I said, first season, obviously he appeared to be a little just like rude you know again with his behavior he was sent home and then this season before he got to the house, he had to kiss the ring. Well yeah, he had to kiss the ring the call mister Preston to apologize like an Baker did on her second album track number one and you.
Speaker 2: Have a bit.
Speaker 1: Well, so my question to you is this, though, when you knew it was him on the phone, did you roll the eyes in the back of your head, like, y'all are not about to have this man come back and create some drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because honestly, it was two things. I was like, this could be a genuine apology. No, actually, I think it's two things together. It was a genuine apology in some instance, Like the apology was a lot better than what I ever thought he could deliver, if I'm being real. So I was like, okay, like that's a that's a start. And I knew he was trying to make his way back, you know, I am not naive, like I was like, I know exactly what this is. But as long as we're able to have a conversation, like, honestly, at that point, for me, what else do I want? Like, so long as you make a commitment to not be that shitty you know, pun intended, we're good. Like we're good. Obviously the other guys didn't feel that way. But the thing is, fil I an't going to be friends, like you know, it's just like, okay, we can co exist, that's kind of it. But I really believe in giving grace like that is just how I grew up. That's who I am. And I'm just like, so long that you didn't do anything to really harm me, we can figure it out. Like even if that means just you us drinking together. So yeah, I don't know if I think the apology was that genuine per se, but he didn't have to give it, and though I do believe he gave it, so he could, you know, be seeing.
Speaker 1: If he's back season three, because obviously, honey, if there's the season three you're back, just saying it, would you like him to be back?
Speaker 2: I'm okay if he doesn't come back, Like, I think, there are so many single, attractive black men who are not as toxic, who could do a great job. But you know what, I think we all got a little bit of toxicity in this US. I just think his came across a little bit quicker. What you know that's toxic though, Preston, look, well you know that makes your reality TV. Not everything could be seen. So there were there were parts where I was like, I don't like this, and it reminds me too much of like these straight men when I was growing up who made sure I was uncomfortable, and I'm like, and I don't like this.
Speaker 1: Oh really okay, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, which was part of the reason why I even wanted to have the conversation, which frankly is why I was so frustrated with the conversation he had with Bria after the fact, because I actually told the entire house how I felt as a gay man, and I'm just like, most of y'all won't understand this, and that's no shade, like you're not gay. So I get that something's kind of flower your head certain words you don't understand the meaning of. And I was like, but this makes me uncomfortable. So after the fact, when I heard the conversation, like, can't no grown ass man be that upset? I know, right, it was like, Okay, now I don't trust you, Like there were so many things in that moment that made me really frustrated. Then I'm like, all right, I'm gonna have to wash my hands clean of this and start looking at people differently.
Speaker 1: Now I get it, okay.
Speaker 3: Going to Mariah black Twitter is funny because when Maria was sitting home child, I was floored with black Twitter saying, no, this is effed up.
Speaker 1: We want her back. Team Mariah like the she has a lot of supporters of people, And it made because again when I watch shows Preston, I go on Twitter and I'm always looking like what other people saying because I like to take the brain of salt at times. But I thought it was funny because I said, Oh, they're like, oh, we don't what what she's about it, we.
Speaker 2: Want to see it.
Speaker 1: When it comes to Mariah, what are your thoughts on her and should she get a second chance season three?
Speaker 2: This is easy for me and the answer is yes. Like, first of all, Marian and I do have a really good relationship and actually we're kind of from around the same neative Nekata would so like, I know people like her very well, and it is the diamond and the rough, but it's also the underdog, and I really really love an underdog. I think Mariah also, to be honest, is her story to tell. But she was just going through a lot when we were like initially during the first summer, and so I do think it was her time to leave, maybe not for what happened like but the situation itself, but she she just needed to go and be with herself, incent to herself, and so I don't think she really got a chance to show just how fucking dope she is, and that is that is really what I would love to see. Like she's funny, she can dress nice body, like good spirit, like, I think Mariah is truly a great person, and I really do want her to have that chat. So I do too.
Speaker 1: I love Mariah. I was like, no, bring her back. I was glad to hear her come back to I think Mariah is has potential to be a great reality star, and I'd love to see her get another chance to really play with you. With you guys, would you like to have another queer person on the show with you?
Speaker 2: I would, I would, But you know what's funny, it's not even a bud. I one hundred percent would like one. But I know people and there will try to be people who try to, of course stirve the mess with two gay people like that is just like again, I am not naive, so like that's not very much. Already know some of the things that could potentially happen. But the truth is I get along mostly with everybody all the time. Like that's not like until you like until you are funny and you want me to be hilarious. I'm good, but I am just an easy going person. But I would love, love love another queer person, queer woman, queer man, like just someone who I don't have to explain everything with someone I guess who can share the burden of being the accountability partner, since apparently that gets put on us. That is what I would love.
Speaker 1: No, I would love that too. I think that'll be Listen to me. I've given Hey, guys, I'm giving you all some advice per season for your time. I want to talk about Amir's girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I knew it.
Speaker 1: People are saying on Twitter that Amir's girlfriend clearly likes black men, but they don't know if she knows how to foreign friendships with black women. A lot of things we've been seeing with her that appears to be a little interesting about her behavior and comments. What are your thoughts on her?
Speaker 2: I really can't speak because I really don't know her well. So I think that may have been my third time meeting her, so I can't really speak to her politics or anything like that, just who she is. I can be honest because my thing is I study culture, gender and sexuality, like race, gender sexuality. So even watching it back, I pringised on quite a few moments. There were just some moments that I hated to watch, honestly, and Candice and I did an Instagram live about this because you know, a lot of viewers kept commenting, and it was clear that they had some feelings. And I know folks get really frustrated with people using the word microaggressions, but if there's the white person touching the black person's hair, if there are particular comments like that, I imagine she's not doing well left for seeing in some of the comments. There's been a lot of comments. I've stumbled on them myself, but I really do and I'm not even just saying this, but I really do hope there's a pause for introspection, like everybody ain't lying on you, and there has to be like something where you're like, man, I'm messed up, Like there's something I did that triggered people. There's things I didn't even know I was doing, probably, and I just I want people to get there.
Speaker 1: Have you heard from a mirror about how he's been feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I think he just doesn't understand really and I'm trying to like talk to them about why, like what is going on, you know, because the mirror has admitted from last season especially, he's admitted that he doesn't really have like a lot of black friends in Texas, et cetera. So there are things naturally, I figure he wouldn't understand, like my life is black folks all the time, right, Like, so, like, I give that there are some things naturally we grew up differently. I grew up in all black environments, you know, et cetera. But there's so I can spot it instantly, things that I know he may kind of struggles spotting you through. So I'm not trying to like hold his hand through it, but I have to like respect that he's like, I actually don't know what's happening, and I'm like, y'all messed up. And here's why, like friend and a friend, I have to tell you, like, this is what's going on, and this is you. You should address it and not be so defensive, and here's how you take steps to address it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm glad of you said that, because you know, that's what I love about this show too, because I feel like one thing you guys do well is you hold each other accountable and try to explain the situation, and you guys addressed things hit on. So I'm hopeing that Ameyor and his girlfriend at least understand is based on one thing. Listen, the beauty of television is you get to watch yourself and be like, oh, I was like that. You know, like you said, some introspection that could happen, And my hope is that they both feel that way too. What I loved about this season two was your choice into really diving more to your personal life. My condolen says to you about your father, Do you have any regrets not going to the funeral?
Speaker 2: No? No, and in fact, because honestly, the relationship with my father's son is even worse. I know it was the right decision. Like it's not good and it's not even better based on the show you think the episode. Oh, I just think they all need some couch time, and I don't think they're going to invest in it. So you know, it's best for me to just distance myself from whatever is going on account.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 2: No, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: What I love though I love your fiance.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: These seems so sweet and just like super supportive of you. Talk to me about that because one thing, and I'm sure you've seen a lot of this, one thing we don't see a lot of on television is black queer relationship. When it comes to two black men, you know a lot of people on social media they feel like when a black man enters the space of Hollywood, when a gay black man, excuse me, in terms the space of Hollywood, they're never with a black man. So the representation that you showed with just bringing him on, I thought was great, not just for us to see it, but like it was just great for representation. Were you conscious of that when you decided to show that part of your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was. But also I will never and have never dated anyone but black men, So like I'm just like, I'm sorry, Like I just it's too much to explain. I can't. I am not doing it. So but so that part was like, oh, I mean clearly. What's funny was some people tweeted me people are shady. They were like who this is? I was so nervous I thought pressing it was gonna be with a white man. I was like, what I said, do you even know anything about me? And they were like no. But but to your point, they were like, when we do see black gayment on TV, you know they do have a non black partner usually, So I was very conscious of that. But to be honest, Donald truly is the sweetest thing like when Nick said Donald is the happiest person he knows, like it is true, like he is always happy, like and so you know, even when even the moments where we were like, okay, is this is this worth a debate? Probably not. Let's just let's order some food, but that is really just us, like we you know, we don't really I know, people probably think it's weird. We just don't really argue like that because it's like what why. We also have like a twenty four hour rule where it's like I am if I'm actually like, let's take twenty four hours and if I'm no longer angry, then it was probably me and not you. Right, There's like these different moments where it's like okay, you know, because you're going into a relationship, it's two different people joining together. You're bringing all your stuff in with you, you know, so you're being triggered every day by small things, especially when you move together. There's so many things that could happen. But all that to say, I'm just grateful to like for people to see our relationship, right, Like you don't obviously get to see like the ins and outs, but just the visibility of two black gay men kissing on TV. It means a lot.
Speaker 1: No, it does, it does, And I love that you're showing that. And like I said, he just seems so sweet and me and you are alike in the sense of like big personalities when we walking to him. Really we own it. We just have that quality and the partner that works best for people like you and I are reserved. They're like, this is your thing. They're the voice of reason in our lives.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, yeah, because I'll be like, tell you what he was. Okay, relax first, but you know it's funny. Donald is an introvert. But when I tell you, no one turns up like Donald, though, he will turn up and they will be knocked out right in the couch like you saw like that. That is really him threw it through. But that is why I love him. He is very supportive, Like he made it clear like we were dating a couple of years before the show even came up for either one for me especially, but eventually for us, and so this was not part of our journey. And so honestly, he could have been like, I'm good if this is the direction you want to take and take it, but I don't want to be public in this way, but he didn't. He was just like, if this is the journey you want to go on, let's go it together and we'll figure it out together. And so that's what I really appreciate. So when he came on, he made clear like I'm just here to have fun, Like keep me out of the mess, keep me out of the drama. I'm here to have fun.
Speaker 1: I love that is all of your cast members invited to your wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually right now they will be, but things can shift. And I but you know, I say that because I really, no matter how much shade we throw, no matter how much like people, I mean only two people may have some feelings about me right now, to be honest, like I'm close with the vast majority of my castmates, but even then for me, it's stuff like that is so temporary, Like the anger is so temporary that it's like I would hate to make this lifelong decision of memorying of us remembering each other at my wedding, at our wedding, then like rest on this like temporary moment, Like it just doesn't feel healthy and it doesn't feel mature. So yes, right now, everyone is about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, last question, you take your first reunion? Yes, Now, look, honey, as a reality TV fan like you are to have a reunion, I'm pretty sure you was like okay, because you understand the assignment. Now keep it real with your boy. You're a big Did you go in with some rehearse reads?
Speaker 2: I did not. I can answer that immediately. Listen, I'm a black day man. I don't need to rehearse, no reeds. So it's coming. It's coming. And in fact, what I can't say to you, Carlos is you know that I haven't rehearsed because if someone say something, I'm like what, it's very immediate, you know, you know?
Speaker 1: Okay, before I found out the reunion it is going to be at the clubhouse. Yeah, next say, Andy should be you and Jasmine because to me, y'all the force market flings.
Speaker 2: On the show.
Speaker 1: I think that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, besides herself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who gave a great performance at the reunion? Like who who? Who? Are you lying?
Speaker 2: Okay, bitch? Yeah? Honestly, even though I think she was a little shady, I think Jasmine. Yeah, I think Jasmin. You know, if there's something I have to respect about someone, who is going to say the thing like, even if it feels shady or a little nasty, just as long as you can take it back right like I you know, and so I can't lie. At one point I was like, oh, that's what I was like, you know what, respect respect? Actually so but honestly, so, I think who did the best to be honest. Just what I'm remembering is I would say me, Jasmine, Noel, oh.
Speaker 1: Summer.
Speaker 2: Jean, what she was supposed to do? You know what I'm saying. I could be good or bad, but you know, she did not hold back. That's what I'll say. She did not hope that those are the ones and I think and I think I appreciate it. I will say, the conversation between Jordan and Jasmine, Yeah, I don't gain. I don't know how everything's gonna look and people gonna feel, but I think it was the start of a healthy conversation.
Speaker 1: Do you have any regrets like doing reality television? Like you're famous?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. No, Yeah, I mean maybe like a C plus lister, but like I know you want down the street now, Preston, Oh my god, yes, And it is even the cast makes a joke about this too, because I guess because I have the most consistent aesthetic, So like you'll always see me with the hat, maybe some shades. People like the joke is always they'll probably notice Preston first, and then they'll notice us if we're around each other and that and that. So like when we were all just in New York, when I tell you we got stopped so much, like it was honestly the sweetest thing. But I don't think I've ever experienced as much love as I got until I went to Philly. It was wild. I'm not like, shout out to Philly for real, because this is around the same time. It was mostly like DC or Philly Black Pride. Pam relays. When I tell you, there was one moment it was four black women in the car and they were stopped at a red light. I was crossing the street to walk back to my hotel. Someone rolled down in one It was like that and literally I ran over to their car and they were just taking pictures like with me outside the car. It was the sweetest moment. And yeah, that's It's been so much love and I've been so grateful. But here's the thing, right, I didn't have to get picked for TV. There's something that truly saw me. There's something that Bravo on me, and you know, and honestly, I can be very I think if you just looked at my resume, there's no way to do would make sense for me. And so I'm just grateful they saw beyond the accolades right and saw if there's someone who could be dynamic and funny and yes, occasionally shady, but like someone who just felt relatable and that just meant a lot to me.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes dropped on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes, baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions yet and don't forget tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag a Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley rix An executive produced by me Carlos King Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby