Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Maller and Danny g Radio A Happy Sunday to you. It's week twelve in the NFL got kicked off back on Thursday night with the Texans taking down Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills. Are we now at the point, Danny where the Raiders are so bad? How bad are they that you don't even want to talk about? The Raiders? Can't they cannot lose to Shooter Sanders today? Right, you can't. There's no way to gonna lose to shoot her Sanders and in the Browns, right, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Remember that one time where Baker Mayfield got signed by your Rams. He came into the game and did what he did. It seems like players have some of their best games against the Raiders in the past decade. I don't know what to tell you. That O line is freaking horrendous. We've talked about it all season. The Chargers have the same problem. The Raiders do no depth at O line, and guys that are coming in as the backups like Meredith and Kappa, they man, they couldn't even be third stringers on other teams. And these guys are the backups for the Raiders O line. And then Gino Smith, as we've talked about, he sucks when he's under pressure. He holds onto the ball too long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I maintain, well, it is fun to goof on the offensive line. I look at the Texans as a great example. Their offensive line horrific. Everyone said, my god, the Texans have no chance, and they felt bad for CJ. Stroud, And then Davis Mills goes in, who's not any good. All he does is get rid of the ball, right, He gets rid of the ball, and all of a sudden, he had no sacks against Buffalo. And the Texans are not great offensively, but they don't have to be. The defense is pretty good and they're winning games with just by getting rid of the ball faster. It's amazing how much better your offensive line is now. Not to I don't want to open up any wounds, but you know that means I'm going to open up some wounds, Danny. When I say I don't want to open up any wounds and then immediately say, but that is a dead giveaway. That is a dead giveaway. I'm about to open up wounds in my lifetime. And I believe I'm right on this. The most embarrassing loss for the Raiders? How about the last generation because I have I have a game picked out that I believe is the most embarrassing loss for the Raiders in the last twenty five years for you, as I'm not a Raider fan obviously, Danny. And we'll get to the mail bag, I promised, But what do you think your most embarrassing loss last twenty five years with the Raiders?
Speaker 4: Probably if you remember back to that Monday night football game where Derek Carr and the Raiders were being touted as Super Bowl contenders because Carr had come off of a pretty decent year at that time, the Raiders had one of the best O lines in all of football. So I'll never forget it was a primetime game. The announcers were all over the Raiders junk juggling their ball, saying, this is a super Bowl caliber team, and it was during the whole Was it Black Lives Matter? I think it was because that's when the O line and Derek Carr, do you remember that where he didn't have their back? That's what they thought, and so they didn't have his back in the game, and the rumors were that they allowed him to get murdered in that game. I think he was sacked like seven times. Do you remember that well?
Speaker 1: I remember vaguely. I don't know if it was it because of Black Lives Matter. I don't remember what it was, because I do remember they they turned on Derek Carr and there were some stories out that, yeah, issues, I remember that part of it. I definitely remember that.
Speaker 4: That to me that I remember being so embarrassed because they were being so highly praised and then they shit Sandwich live on television and that was super embarrassing.
Speaker 1: All right. So, as a non Raider fan, I believe the most embarrassing loss for the Raiders in the last twenty five years was during the twenty twenty two season. The Raiders played was Week ten and they played the Indianapolis Colts and that was the game coached by Jeff Saturday. That was the Oh yeah, that was the only win he ever got as a head coach. He went on one in seven or something like that. And the Colts I had lost ten. They lost ten of the last eleven games. The only win they got was against the Raiders and the game was in Vegas, and that was it. That was the only game Jeff Saturday one as an NFL head coach. That was against the Raiders, and that was what's his name, the guy, the Patriot guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was against McDaniels.
Speaker 1: Mc daniels. Yeah, yeah, that's say.
Speaker 4: He should have been fired right there on the spot. And I feel like, man, I feel like Pete Carroll and his son should have been fired on the spot last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wouldn't have a problem with that. I know, I like Pete, but it's not going very well. Put me in the hof at all. Well, I'll be at the Ram game tonight. By the way, Rams and Bucks. It's so funny.
Speaker 4: I'm jealous, man, I'm jealous. This Ram season has to surprise you a little bit.
Speaker 1: It does. I did not expect Stafford to be healthy. Put the wammy on him. We'll get hurt tonight. But I thought he'd be out by now. He's been healthy. He's playing as well as anyone in the NFL. He's not turning the ball over, something he's always done. Uh so, it's it's been it's been great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys actually know how to use Davante Adams. I'm super jealous.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Just throw it to him near the end zone. He'll get touchdowns. Yes, fascinating. All right, here we are, Ohio OL, get me in the mood, Ohio OL.
Speaker 5: It's mail bag, all right, let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Time now for the mail Bag, actual letters by actual listeners. If you'd like to send a correspondence in for a future edition of the mail Bag, then go ahead and do it email Real fifth hour at gmail dot com. That's all letters, no numbers, Real fifth hour at gmail dot com. And let's get the party started. First up is Paul from Thomasville, Georgia. PAULA from Thomasville, Georgia. Welcome paul A. He says, man, I played high school golf and my golf clubs are longer than standard. I'm six four. Yeah, I asked the question, I answered a question, or we were talking about this. I talked about last weekend about golf at Camball. I think it came up with the mailbag, which is probably why Paul sending this in. I forget we do daily podcasts, but I was like, I should pick up golf. And I gave away my golf clubs years ago, and I want to get golf clubs, but they're very expensive, and I want to get like long golf clubs because I'm a tall guy, he says. Paul from Thomasville, Georgia says, I suggest you see a golf pro at one of the clubs close to you. Sometimes they have used clubs which they can modify to your specifications. If not, they can point you in the right direction. I previously contacted you about getting the Pope on the Fifth Hour podcast. He says, I'm sure. I'm sure Mike North has tipped a few with the Pope over the years. Maybe he can help secure him for your show. Good luck on the golf club shirts. That's Paul from Thomasville, Georgia. Well, we love Mike North. He's a Hall of Famer and he is the most Chicago Chicago guy I've ever met. Oh, there's no question, Mike North is a just an absolute bench loved the guy. He was a hot dog vendor in Chicago. He became the most powerful sports talk radio host in Chicago, made the most money of anyone in sports radio in the United States for a couple of years. Love Mike North, just down the earth, the kind of guy you just want to have beers with and talk about life. And then I think Philadelphia. I think Tony Bruno. I think that's the most to me. Tony's the most authentic South Philly guy you could possibly have, and that my life has crossed paths with those guys is just great. I love that. And the Pope. I don't know if the Pope and Mike North have hung out. I'm pretty sure though, that the man that became the Pope, and I've talked about this before, was listening to the Overnight show we were on in Chicago when the White Sox won the World Series. We were on the Overnight at that time, and the show was being syndicated into Chicago. So I'm imagining in my head the man that became the Pope was at the World Series and then driving home after the game, he flipped on the sports radio and heard the show that it's probably bull crap, Danny, but I'm just going with it. And as far as the golf clubs.
Speaker 3: It's probably like Vin Scully turned classical music on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I famously asked Vin. I thought Vin listened to me doing Dodger talk.
Speaker 3: No he did not, did not.
Speaker 1: Next up on the mailbag, Scott from Florida writes and says, hey, Ben and Danny, g I just read a news article that said the Simpsons killed some cast member off after thirty five years, and fans are very angry. Can we all agree at this stage that for the last fifteen years fifteen years, the Simpsons are the Rby's of television? He says, I literally, I literally don't know anybody that still watches the show, yet it somehow stays on the Are there any theories about how and why is this the bot algorithm? Ben? That's from Scott in Florida, Ur, Danny, last time you watched the Simpsons.
Speaker 3: Man twelve thirteen years? Probably?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet it's been longer for me. It's been longer for me. They are entering their thirty seventh season.
Speaker 3: That it is seve insanity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they've been renewed all that, they're guaranteed to be on through forty forty years. They're contractually obligated for forty years. So I looked up the ratings here Scott and Danny g and Scott is spot on on the ratings. According to the Nielsen Ratings, which measures the percentage of US TV households watching total viewership, total viewership has hovered in the zero point one to zero point two range in all key demographics.
Speaker 3: Me, what the hell is?
Speaker 4: It just like grandfathered in for the network, and so it's like part of the identity, so they feel like they have to carry it.
Speaker 1: It says adults eighteen to fourteen I total viewers often under two million. Despite being on across the entire United States, the series has maintained a strong online presence. It ranks the top two hundred and fifty shows for thirty day Digital Buzz. That was as of earlier this month. But that is that is not the not the gule, the not that when you're on every in every market and you're getting a zero point one and a zero point two rating, that's that's wild. They must sell a lot of They must sell a lot of merch, Danny, right, a lot of merch.
Speaker 4: And I guess that was a great comparison to RB's By the way.
Speaker 1: Good job by Scott, way to go, and a great homage to you, Danny. That's a great tribute to Ryan writes in from Shrewsbury Man. He says, hey, man, Danny, me and my my wife there have been watching the Monster series on Netflix. Currently watching season three about ed Geen is am I saying that correctly, ge I n just go with it. Season two was about the Menendez brothers, and since you both grew up in southern California, do you guys have vivid memories of when it happened. I wasn't even born yet. Ryan says, See, that's that's Ryan poking a shot at us, Danny. You old boomers.
Speaker 4: We're not bloomers, were in the generation after that. We're gen X right, gen X right? I thinks we're yeah, we're gen X.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But for you guys who were alive, is there anything you guys remember? Thanks, boys and Ben, I'll see you in Worcesta next summer. Wat Chester. There you go, that's Ryan. Look forward to seeing you, Ryan, we'll do that either spring of the summer of twenty twenty six, will be in Woosta and be hanging out to be a big Mallard meet and greet. I remember Rember the media coverage about the Menendez brothers. It was a huge story. They have money, so much money. It was a wealthy to do family and all that, and I was like, well, it was wild and I don't remember much else. I remember that there was that basketball card of Mark Jackson.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to bring up. I actually owned that card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were at a Clipper game, right.
Speaker 4: I'm going to pass that down on the coah then and then he'll be asking the gen z s what is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why why do I have I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they'll have to pass their grandparents about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's it. I mean, it was a wild time. Menendez were at the games. Every once in a while, Donald Trump would show up. He mostly stayed on the East Coast, but every once in a while the Knicks would be out or he'd be in LA for something, he'd show up. It was a wild time back back in the day. But the Minette is they were one of them was supposed to get out right and didn't get out? Is that what happened a couple of months ago?
Speaker 4: Right then one of them was going to do they didn't. Yeah, that didn't work out as far as I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people assumed they were gonna get out and they didn't. You know what happens when you assume. Next up Lucky Tony on the mail bag, he writes, and he says, hey, Bend and Danny g Danny, do you sport any teams other than the Raiders, Dodgers and Lakers? And Ben he says, get a fucking bears at. That's Lucky Lucky Tony.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: You got to call in more Lucky Tony. You won't even doing Tony or he's a jolly gunfe Oh there's nobody can and I yeah, you're pretty solid with the Raiders, Dodgers, and Lakers.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, I had some favorite players that were on other teams, like you know, jose Canseco and Mark Maguire were two of my favorite players. And my aunt lived right there in Oakland, so we would spend some summers there and bounce between LA and the Bay a lot. And so yeah, I mean We've talked about how I grew up seeing baseball games inside the Alameda County Poliseum. Awesome back then to watch baseball there, and then when we would return back to LA we'd get to watch baseball at Dodger Stadium. That's probably the only other team I've ever had a cap of when I was a kid was the A's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, I remember you telling stories about Sandy A's and Lucky Tony. There is a rumor Lucky Tony that I will be adding to my hat collection. I love be hats, and the Chicago Bears have a be hat, so there's there is some talk that I might be adding that be hat b Hotch to my be hat collection. I have the Brooklyn Dodgers, I have the Boston Red Sox. I have the Bakersfield Blaze, a couple other bees of the Buffalo Bison bee the Baker's Field. I think it's a Baker's a bunch of bee hats, but munch of beets. Gary from Pittsburgh writes, and Gary in Pittsburgh, he says, can you please have a minute long malor investigation on the origin of the phrase A penny for your thoughts? He said, he was talking about the penny going away. By the way, Benny Versus the Penny is still available on YouTube today. Watch it right now, watch it later. Watch Benny Versus the Penny. You watch it before the games. No more of these international games this year in the NFL. But if you watch it before, you can get all my picks. And if you want to watch it after, you can see how I did. So check it out, and he points out the penny is going away, he said, But the United States minted three point two billion pennies, he said, We minted three point two billion pennies in twenty twenty four. And it's not like they wear out like paper currency or we dump them in the ocean at the end of the year, and so those pennies should be around for a long time. That's Gary in Pittsburgh. As far as the phrase a penny for your thoughts, Gary, believe it or not, that phrase is one of the oldest in use in terms of common use in the world. The phrase penny for your thoughts first appeared in print in the fifteen hundreds someone named Sir Thomas Moore, and was used to invite someone lost in thought to share what was on their mind. The earliest recorded use was in a book called Four Last Things from fifteen twenty two, and it was written a penny for your thought, essentially encouraging someone to rejoin a conversation when they seemed distracted and whatnot. That means that a penny for your thought is one of the oldest idioms used, which is not biblical or a proverb, and it still dates back to the Tutor era, which seems like a long time ago. In the sixteenth century, a penny had real value, right, No, nothing symbolic or anything like that. It was a genuine thing that meant something. Obviously, now not so much.
Speaker 3: You could get candy for your penny. Back then, she.
Speaker 1: Gets something of value. So obviously, inflation the pennies has been deemed worthless by the United States. They're not gonna even bother making it. And so that's that, Thank you very much. Gary. In beautiful Pittsburgh, Pa, The Home of the.
Speaker 4: Insers, Really quick, Ben, do you think if you had a bag of pennies, could you get a prostitute?
Speaker 3: Back then a bunch of hookers and cocaine.
Speaker 1: Well, my dad, my dear dad, when he passed away, one of the few things he left for us was he collected pennies. And I had said, I've said this a few times over the years, but when my dad checked out, I was like, Dad, couldn't you have collected quarters? That would have been much better the quarters. But he loved pennies just for some reason. That was his thing. And he kept lots and lots of pennies. And there's nothing more maddening when my dad passed and we took the pennies to turn them in and stuff and get money. And then you bring in boxes of pennies and you end up with like five dollars, you know, and you're like eight bucks. You're like, what are we doing? Anyway? Alf from a complaint Department Rights and he says, happy Thanksgiving, gentlemen, what's your worst customer service experience? For example, being quoted a price for cell service and four new phones, having to buy two extra phones because of employee error, screwing up trade ins, and having to complain to the FCC to finally fix your phone bill after being overcharged almost a grand after four months. Keep in mind having to wait a month for the government to reopen in order to file an FCC complaint. No, no, not that I'm bitter, says says Alf. Off the top of my head. I'd say the experience which pops in my head right now is I got a lemon the Malamobile. This goes back probably ten years or so of that got in a car. Are really liked it, and the thing just died and we took it to the repair shop. They said, okay, we'll fix it. We'll be able to fix it, no problem. And then a week went by and we checked in and said, well, we'll still working on it. Don't worry, we're going to get it fixed up and worry about We said, okay, good, that's good. And then we went another week and we called in and said, well we're still we're having a few issues, but we think we're going to be able to get it fixed. Give us another couple days. We'll get back to it, no problem. So then another week went by. We called up the repair shop. We said, okay, it's been been a while, can we get the car back. We said, well, you know, we we haven't been able to solve what was wrong with it, and so we reached out the corporate but we think will be okay, give us another week Okay, sure, we'll give you another week. So then we waited another week. Then we contacted them again and they said, well, I don't think we can fix it. We haven't been able to fix it, so you're eligible to turn the car in as a lemon And we were like okay. And so we were okay, lemon. You know how much money we lost Danny on that car and we hardly owned it. It was we barely had the freaking thing. So the lemon law, which I think is a federal I know it's in California, but the lemon law, you think, oh great, get your money back, the depreciation of that car, and having to deal with the legal jump jump jumpy jump, the hula hoops.
Speaker 4: I mean it was no, no, no, It's like when a car gets quote unquote totaled, the insurance company gives you half the value.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was that exactly exactly. You said it better than me, and it was like, okay, So we we didn't do anything wrong on our end. We just used the car normally and we lost thousands of dollars, Like, why how is that fair? Because I drove the car off the lot. It's like, was there is there like a magic line of a point of demarcation where all of a sudden the car loses eight thousand dollars in value. I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's the That's the number one reason why people hate buying cars.
Speaker 1: I will never buy a new car again. I will buy a pre owned, certified car. And that's that's it. I will never Now I say never, unless I get a contract like a Colin Cowhard, then I would be willing to do it. Then I would be willing to do it. Other than that, forget about it. What about you, Dan, any bad customer service you want to share with the class?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think about car lots. Also, when we were looking for bar for Brenda a few years back, we went to let's say, I don't want to say the name of it, I'll change the letters around.
Speaker 3: It was a markax a lot.
Speaker 4: In Oxnard, California, and it was right after COVID, so everybody was still wearing masks.
Speaker 3: Things were still funny out there.
Speaker 4: Never forget we go and they pawn us off to some girl who was brand new at doing car sales.
Speaker 3: She was horrible.
Speaker 4: She had sitting around forever. She wasn't showing us the right car that We asked her nicely to show us and then Ben the power went out on their lot. She tells us, uh, sorry, I'm not going to be able to take the car out that you guys wanted to test drive. Not sure when the power is going to come back on. Yeah, I'm sorry. I guess I'll just text you guys later. But she never even followed up with us. It was the worst customer service we ever had in our entire life.
Speaker 3: It was so bad. It was almost like they didn't want to take our money.
Speaker 1: Well they at least there was no Hagwin, you know, at least there were Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Normally it's the other way around. At a car dealership, you want to get away from the piranhas. Yeah. With that experience, it was like they were so inept they didn't know how to take our money.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is that's unfortunate. We've all had bad ones. I'm sorry about that Alf too. That sucks. You had to contact the FCC to fix his phone bill and all. That's that's b Quang from Ho Chi Min Vietnam Rights And he says, hey, Big Ben and Daddy g Radio, Daddy, did you know that leaving dishes unwashed? Often signals emotional overload. When people feel mentally exhausted, simple task like cleaning seem monumental. This behavior is not laziness. It's the brain protecting itself from stress. According to Kwang, research has shown that during overwhelming times, even small chores drain mental energy. Ignoring dishes can be a way to preserve emotional resources. It's the mind's way of saying I need a break, and Quang says taking a step back from chores helps conserve energy for emotional healing and recovery. He says, PS, I know you are a cheating ass holes take guy on dishwashers in your make Housekeeping Olympics Great Again monologue that you did last week. However, don't sleep on the dishwasher stacking event. Quang says, who or what country can best stack an assortment of pots, pans, dishes and utensils. There's money in dishwasher advertising, says Quang. If you can get sponsorship from Samsung or one of the companies that makes dishwashers, I'm sure we could work the dishwasher angle. I just believe Danny and I'm a purist when it comes to the housekeeping Olympic games, and as a purist, I just think you should wash dishes by hand. And I think once you it's once you put the dishwasher into it, it just cheapens it. It's like saying Barry Bonds as the all time home run king. Well, he hit a lot of home runs, but he had he had some help, you know. On Washing dishes with a dishwasher is a competitive advantage. It's the steroids of the dishwashing world.
Speaker 3: You should never let them pile up. We wash our dishes as we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I am the same way. I cannot go to bed with a sink full of dishes. It drives me bananas. I go bonkers. I'm like, no, I want to that's something I want to do. I like to do it right before I go to bed. I usually do it in the morning because I work. I sleep during the day, and I'll do it during the morning. And I was like, that's great. By the time I wake up, everything's done. I washed the dishes, I put them in the dish washer, and that's that and we're good to go. We had a full empty sinks, put the dishes away. We're on our way. Kevin in Kansas rights into the mailbag, says Dear Ben and Danny G. He says, yesterday November, you sent this last week, he said, I discovered there was National Clean Out your Refrigerator Day since it was also my birthday, no shout out necessary, Yes, Kevin, I will not do a shout out for your birthday.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: If you want to contact me on CAMEO, I'd be happy to do a Kevin in Kansas Mallard monologue, but I am not going to do a shout out. There's two things I don't do, and Terry in England knows this. I don't do lists, and I don't do shout outs. I'll do shout outs on Cameo, I will not do them on the podcast of the radio show. And I don't do list. I've never done list at all.
Speaker 3: Does Cameo take bags of pennies?
Speaker 1: Sure? Sure? Why not? I should raise my raid on Cameo too. By the way, what am I doing the greatest deal on Cameo right there? Anyway? Kevin says, I thought i'd look into the fridge because it was National Clean Out your Refrigerator Day last week, and there are fifteen total items. It's pretty empty. He says, However, I'm not a chef like you two guys are. How much of your fridge will you use and how much will you end up tossing out? All right, So first of all, Kevin, we have a lot of things in the fridge, mostly eat at the house. I cook. I talked about the chicken shwarma that I make Friday for the whole week. I do that on Saturday, but then on the weekends on Friday and Saturday will make some some of the unhealthy foods that I like at the house. So it's always full of stuff. If it was up to me, I would very rarely throw anything out. My wife goes through there once every two weeks and throws out there's so much food that we throw out that could be eaten. But she looks at some date, which is I think you'd agree. We've talked about this. Those used by dates are a rough estimate. They're not they're not exactly right. My wife uses really a suggestion exactly. My wife uses them as the gospel, and she'll immediately, out of an abundance of caution, she'll throw food away, and I'll be like, the food's still fine, I just ate it yesterday. Well, no, it shows be like the date's not right. Well, I know the date's not right, but do the old There's two tests, you do the eyeball test and the smell test. And if you do the eyeball test and the smell test and looks fine, it smells fine, it's fine. It's fine. That's it. And you can do the field test when you touch it and kind of like if it's cheese and it's soft still and it's no, you can't see any signs of mold and it smells fine, it's good. Now if you see something that looks a little moldy or it's it's rock hard. Because the cheese is no longer what it needs to be, you throw it away. And we have so much stuff on our fridge, keV Like, the refrigerator looks great. However, if it's overfilled with stuff, it starts beeping. So it beeps a lot because there's so much food in there.
Speaker 4: What about you, Danny, Right, that's Brenda's department. She is pretty psycho about cleaning the shelves in there and making sure everything is fresh. In the freezer, it's mostly stuff from Costco. In the refrigerator part, it is mostly stuff from Trader Joe's. She's still OCD with the refrigerator. She turns everything so that the labels are facing towards you when you open the fridge.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's nice. We don't do that.
Speaker 3: We I don't know if nice is the word.
Speaker 1: Well, if you need to look at something like that.
Speaker 3: So so her, you're like a like, I know, it's a thing of jelly. I don't need the label facing my face.
Speaker 1: So Brenda makes it like a sitcom, like a sitcom refrigerator, you know how you can see?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the nineties, everything would be perfect. And because it was product placements, so they'd have Oh, look, I wonder I wonder what a kind of jelly that is? Oh it's look at smucker Smucker's jelly because they have the logo. It's like so stupid.
Speaker 4: It teas her about this, you know, probably once a month. I'm going to use that on her.
Speaker 3: Next time.
Speaker 4: She's turning labels around and going to be like, what what is this? Seinfeld?
Speaker 1: Or it's like full house, look at that unbelievable. Oh my friends, you know Chip from Anchorage, Alaska? How about that this podcast blowing up in Alaska? He says Ben I don't live in this part of Alaska, but there's a small town in northern Alaska that this week saw the sun for the last time in sixty four days. Could you and Danny g handle living in a place where you go two months without the sun? That's from Chip. So I think I'll go first, Danny. I think I could. Here's why, this time of the year, I really don't see much of the sun. I don't. I can see it before I go to bed a little bit, but I'm mostly indoors during the day. I don't really go out and do anything during the week. I'm indoors and by the time I get up get my day going, I don't really spend any time in the sun. Now. Saying that is one thing, but at least I have the option if I wanted to go out and get some suntime I could. Isn't that And I don't know. Chip's obviously not here, Danny. But the place in Alaska, aren't there like two much where they get no darkness? Also, doesn't it even out? There's parts of year where they get nothing but sunlight, and then the other parts of the year they get nothing but darkness.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, so I guess it balance.
Speaker 3: But yeah, obviously the harder one for people. I think with the darkness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you'd feel claustrophobic, that's the thing. I think I could do it for a few weeks, but then it would start getting really hard, especially growing up in California. I mean, we have unlimited sunshine most of the time. Yeah, it would be a super hard transition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be. Uh but thank you, Chip. I'm glad to know that you're you're listening. I've never been to Alaska. You everybody to Alaska, Dan, you've been up there and done the crew?
Speaker 4: No, but I would love to visit. And I watch a show. You should check this show out on Netflix. It's called out Last, Okay, and it's like fourteen. They start with four teams all set up in Alaska. Some guy to block you. They're given like basic supplies. They have to last the other teams. You have to be on a team to win the one million dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh cool. And so it's a survival show. It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I'll check it out. Kevin in Salem, Mass And my wife loves Salem, Mass loves it. Dan, if I ever you know. I was offered a job in Boston radio years ago and I did not take it. But if I ever moved to Boston, I think I'd live in Salem. My wife loves that town. The Salem Witch Trials. They have the police logo is the witch is a witch, which is anyway.
Speaker 3: Ken loves Halloween, then huh she does?
Speaker 1: She does, she loves Halloween. Kep says, listen on ninety five the sports up here. Locally, he says, this week the Celtics coach Joe Mozilla, Joe Mizula, excuse me. Kevin Joe Missoula says he took zero joy when the Celtics won the NBA title. He said he sucks at having fun. He says, Ben, do you know anyone like this? Uh? And that's keV And uh well it's.
Speaker 3: Kind of an open being sarcastic. Does he know that you can suck the joy out of Disneyland?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I mean I guess maybe Kevin's maybe maybe you're talking about me. I don't. Here's the thing like I as far as winning championships, it's one of those weird things. I've been lucky that all my teams have have had some success here. The Rams won a Super Bowl, the hardest super Bowl ever during the pandemic.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers have won multiple World Series. The Clippers got to the final four. So everyone, everyone, everyone's had success.
Speaker 3: All your teams except the Clippers.
Speaker 1: All my teams have had success. It's it's been great. Wrong, And it's a little deflating because you get there and it's it's awesome, you know, fantastic. Your team wins, it's wonderful. Uh, you know you aren't like Joema's at least got a ring, you know, he got that out of it. As a fan, they want you to immediately buy a T shirt and a hat, which is overpriced and all that.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing Ben and I know on the Aaron Rodgers documentary he talked about this, it's the well what's next?
Speaker 3: What do I do now? It's the what do I do now? Syndrome?
Speaker 4: After your team wins it all you're kind of left not emptiness, I don't think that's.
Speaker 3: The word, but just this like what what now? You know what I mean? Like that's the pinnacle, so it's all downhill from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. And keep in mind Joe Missoula is the guy. A couple of years ago, while the Celtics were running to win a championsped he was asked about the pressure and he said, there is no pressure. We'll all be dead soon. That was his rep fun guy at parties. Ferg Dog writes in and fullow him, Well get this. We got a few more and we'll get this done. In a first dog and fluorage and says gobble gobble Ben in Turkey g Ben, have you ever thought about intentionally giving a really bad take on the show? The problem is your takes are so thoroughly researched and fact based that you leave.
Speaker 3: This sounds like some ass kissing.
Speaker 1: All right, calm down, he says. You're your research, in fact, fact based that you leave very little room for any sane person to disagree or have a rebuttal. For example, your take on the twenty twenty World Series being the hardest in the twenty twenty NBA Finals being a Mickey Mouse production, absolutely flawless. He says. Also, with Thanksgiving coming up, do either of you guys have Thanksgiving family recipes going back multiple generations that you'd like to share with the class. Thank you. That's from Fergdog, So Ferg Dock very kind of you. And the monologues are They call me Marconi maler for a reason.
Speaker 3: And his email wasn't sarcastic at all.
Speaker 1: No, No, no, Ferk dog is. He's truth, justice and the sports talk radio way. That's what he's all about. What are you doing? And I don't have any Thanksgiving recipes? What do you You don't do the cooking, Danny, right? You got nothing over?
Speaker 4: No, no, And you know I have some family recipes were handed down through email from my great aunt Joyce, and she unfortunately passed away a couple of years ago, but she was nice enough to email me a couple of my grandmother's Italiano recipes. So I have some pastas, her famous rigatoni, her casseroles, and her famous lasagna. So nothing like Thanksgiving. It's all like authentic Italian food. She made all that stuff from scratch, and luckily she wrote her recipes down and gave them to my aunt.
Speaker 1: That's cool, my mom. When she passed away, we got obviously she left everything behind, you know, Danny, when you passed, you don't take anything with you. Anyway, she left everything and there were a bunch of recipes and she grew up and lived her life mostly without computers, so everything was written down. It was all chicken scratch. You're trying to read, what is that letter? I don't know what that what is that number?
Speaker 3: Is that a?
Speaker 1: Four? Is that? Is that an a? I don't know what that is? And so you're trying to figure that out real quick. Anthony and Boise. He says he's formally from so Calvibs and Boise Idaho says, gentlemen, they say that this Thanksgiving week will be the busiest in fifteen years. Again, have thirty six hundred, wait, three hundred and sixty thousand rather three hundred sixty thousand flights? He says, you guys, do you guys normally travel for Thanksgiving? Fun fact, Danny, I've never traveled for Thanksgiving. In fact, I hate even driving the day before Thanksgiving, which is like the worst day at least in LA to be on the highways because the traffic is insane, so I will try to avoid driving at all. I've never traveled to go to Thanksgiving ever. I've always I've normally worked in radio and done radio because there's a lot of football and Thanksgivings. Big footba all day, so radio and I don't travel. I just low key. What about you, Danny? Oh same.
Speaker 4: I've always been a dude on the staff that could do a long shift on Thanksgiving and until this day, Covino and Rich they fill in for the Dan Patrick Show each Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: So now that's my routine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you. I'll be on radio. I'm just a normal week this week. No days off, so I will use those between Christmas and New Year's I'll take a little time recharge the old battery then. But I'm not taking any time off this week. We'll get out on that. We got football today, Danny g all day. If you're hearing this.
Speaker 4: Yes, put please, please Lord, don't make Shador Sanders look like a pro bowler today.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: He's gonna throw three touchdowns in two hundred and sixty seven yards past me.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna go strangle Pete Carroll and his staff myself if they let that happen.
Speaker 1: It's actually not Pete, it's Joe Biden. That's your he's your coach. I've seen that meme bouncing around. Anyway, Danny, thank you, appreciate good weekend. We'll be back at it. We'll figure out next weekend.
Speaker 3: Looks like sleepy Joe China.
Speaker 1: He does, he does, All right, have a great day. I'll be back tonight on the radio after that ram game with the Buccaneers, and I'll be there for the first half of that game, and we'll have full blow by blow coverage on the radio overnight all the big stories today in the NFL. And we'll talk to you next week here on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey, good luck to your team. Ram It all day, ram It all night.
Speaker 1: Yay, thank you.
Speaker 3: Austa Pasta got a murder. I gotta go.