Speaker 1: You're listening to the Hottest the Hottest India podcast out here. I said what I said, it's the heat Chat Chat Check. It's just a crick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check, there is so much popping around the league.
Speaker 3: Guess who's back. Guess who's back back again? Drummer Rant's back. Oh this is bad.
Speaker 4: I should just stop right now. Drum rants and pending return.
Speaker 2: We wonder what the fuck is happening with Bradley Beale's ligaments, and we get into all the news from around the league.
Speaker 3: Since it's Monday, you also know it's time for.
Speaker 4: The Hmmy Award.
Speaker 2: Plus we have a bonus interview with Clippers insider law Murray. Don't have much time to chat, so let's do me a favor. Drop that motherfucker beat that should be Rihanna. Okay, So the big news in the NBA is that our guide Jamorant. And if you say that you just don't care about this or that John Morant is no longer a top five, top seven point guard in the league because you haven't seen him in a while, Like, that's just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I've said this a million times. I'm going to continue to say it.
Speaker 2: Jahn Morant on a Tuesday in December is the most electrifying player in the NBA, maybe one of the most electrifying players we've ever seen in our lives. Like that's how I'm not saying he's better than Ann Edwards. I'm not saying he's better than Steph Curry. I'm saying, on a Tuesday, John Morant will have you call in your friends and people.
Speaker 3: Are sleeping, sleeping he will be.
Speaker 2: Back from his twenty five game suspension, which combined with missing a ton of time due to suspension last year, means that most people haven't seen him in a while. And I think, like I said, I think people forgot y'all must have forgot.
Speaker 3: The Jahn Morant is that guy? How long does it take for you to forget how good.
Speaker 4: This player is?
Speaker 2: Apparently turns out twenty five games, But now that that shit's behind him, now that it seems truthfully like he has looked inward and made some changes. I, as a basketball fan and as a ruter of John Morant, I could not be happier, not just because I get to see my favorite offensive player in the league back on the court where he belongs, but also before because I think this break, this situation, this time off, could have been.
Speaker 4: Exactly the thing that he needed to get his head straight.
Speaker 2: Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of your job and all the responsibilities that you have, all you can do is just hold your head about above water, and you start getting into some routines, into some activities that you really shouldn't be due to the health concerns or whatever, what have you. This is what Jas said when he asked about when he was asked about his suspension. In the end, I feel like it made me better. I feel like I learned some stuff about myself during that process. It was very eye opening. It kind of gave me a new look on life, how I go about my days and how I carry myself. Those are, of course the right words, the proper words. But in all fairness, Ja Morant did say some right words.
Speaker 4: To Jalen Rose.
Speaker 2: But that's why I'm concentrating on what he said after this. I can't, you know, make nobody believe me outside of my action, So me answering this question with just words probably won't mean nothing to nobody.
Speaker 4: And that's true.
Speaker 3: Nobody is believing Ja Morant right now.
Speaker 2: But that right there. Listen, I'm a liar. I lied once before I did a bunch of bullshit actor. I said I wasn't going to and I know that you can't believe me. So all I'm going to be able to do is just every day show up and do the right thing. That is the beginning of growth. That is the beginning of self awareness, the realization that actions are the only thing that matter, and not your words. Nobody gives a fuck what John Morant says that he's learned in the last two months.
Speaker 4: Nobody cares. Nobody.
Speaker 2: We don't want to hear about how much you've gone to therapy. We don't want to think about how much you've watched film, or how good Desmond Bane is right now, or how guilty you are that you've set your Grizzlies back by not being available for the team. Nobody wants to hear that. The reason that I feel like I can begin to trust him is because he said, do not trust me. That's the kind of thing that people say when they want to accept accountability. They in the past tried to weasel out of accountability, They've gotten killed for it, and then they realize, you know what, it's easier to just do the right thing, accept responsibility then to run away. Becoming better, becoming stronger, becoming more self aware is very hard work. And if people don't believe the words that you say when you tell them that you've changed, that's okay, And that's okay to say I get that I have broken everybody's trust and they shouldn't believe the thing that I said that you have to.
Speaker 4: Prove it to them.
Speaker 2: I always like the people who are skeptical about how others perceive the words that they say.
Speaker 4: But one thing is for.
Speaker 2: Sure, Grizzlies they need John Morant bad right now. They are six and eighteen right now, and they are staring down the barrel of six and nineteen because they play the OKC Thunder a day before Jaw comes back. They have Jaron Jackson right now and Desmond Bane and that's about it. And now with Job back, it's now like Luca in Dallas, Jaw, we know what time it is.
Speaker 4: With Jaw, he is good enough to make a.
Speaker 2: Bad team a playoff team all by himself, with a healthy Desmond Bane, a healthy Jaron Jackson, and soon and soon a healthy Marcus Smart who knows what we're gonna see from this team is a plan, a possibility. All I know is what Kendrick Perkins said the other day is correct. It's all about building the culture again. The last thing I'll say is this. Jaw was asked what he thought of the team's play out on this year. He said, it's definitely some guilt at that. Obviously I'm not on the floor. Nobody likes losing, so our job is to go out there and get a win. I take full responsibility to that, obviously, even though.
Speaker 3: I'm not on the floor.
Speaker 2: Decisions I made didn't allow me to be out there, to go in battle with my team, taking accountability upon every question, even when it's not about him. That's the level of leadership that we want from John Morant. And if John Morant plays like he plays and is a new man off the court, holy shit, watch out the rest of the week.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Moving on, what the fuck is going on with Bradley Beal's ligaments?
Speaker 3: What the fuck is going.
Speaker 2: On with Bradley Beal's health. It feels to me like final destination for Bradley Beal. It doesn't matter what you do, doesn't matter where you go, what bus you get on, what train you get on, what plane you get on.
Speaker 4: That thing is crash.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter what team you're on, It doesn't matter how many minutes you play. Your ankle is busting, your back is busting, your knee is busting.
Speaker 4: Injury is coming for you.
Speaker 2: Why Probably because you signed that no trade cause knowing that on that super Max deal, knowing you.
Speaker 4: Weren't gonna stay in Washington.
Speaker 3: It happened right pretty much right after he signed that thing.
Speaker 2: In his second return this season from injury, he sprained his right ankle in less than five minutes on the court.
Speaker 3: And is now on the injury reservo list again again again. No star player has been more snake bitten than Bradley Beal. Bill went down because Dante DiVincenzo didn't allow him space to land. He also got technicled up for that, and although the Sons are happy that there's no major ankle date, damage is now a several week Grade two type sprain. Six to eight weeks.
Speaker 2: That's what it's gonna take, realistically to see Bradley Beal back on the court again. Frank Vogel described this as a frustrating injury type of season, but if you're like, if we're honest, it's kind of been like a bad five years for Bradley Beal. Over the last five seasons, including this year, a total three hundred and thirty three games.
Speaker 4: You're gonna shit your pants over this.
Speaker 2: Beal has missed one hundred and twenty of those games, which is thirty six percent of available games.
Speaker 3: That is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: To give you perspective, the guy that we call skin of paper, glass of bones, Anthony Davis, Anthony Day two Day Davis has missed one hundred and sixteen games during that stretch, or thirty five.
Speaker 3: Percent of available games. Can we call it?
Speaker 2: Start calling them Bradley can't heal? Bial because I don't know what to say. It's hard to bang on them because a lot of these injuries were not his fault, landing on Deven Changeo's ankle. What are you gonna do about that? So much of that is credited to bad luck. But this is a trend now in the middle of his career. From twenty sixteen to twenty nineteen, he only missed five games in three seasons. In his first four years, he averaged missing nearly a quarter of the games. Though as a whole. So that means eight of eleven of Bradley Beal's NBA career have been plagued by long stretches on the aisle. When he's on the floor, we know what he is.
Speaker 3: He's a bucket. He's a bucket.
Speaker 4: He's a bucky. He's a bucket.
Speaker 2: But the best ability, they say, is availability, and that is what is missing in the case of Bradley Beal.
Speaker 3: I bet you Miami is so fucking glad they didn't trade for him. Oh my god, pat Riley strikes again. This year. Bradley Beal is gonna be lucky to play half.
Speaker 4: Of the Sun's games.
Speaker 2: Who knows, who knows what he's gonna were gonna see him probably all Star Break after the season. Beal has three years and one hundred and sixty million dollars left on his contract, and a guy making fifty three million dollars a year, I think, personally, just my opinion, should be counted on probably to play more games than two thirds of the games in any given season.
Speaker 3: That's just me.
Speaker 2: Though some guys have bad luck. That might be what's up with Beal. Certainly he wants to play as bad as anyone. No one's blaming him for this. I'm certainly not saying that this is his fault, but damn hopefully he can get himself right. Hopefully he can get himself back healthy, because the one thing that's dead certain almost no one gets more healthy in their thirties, no one, and Beal just went past that milestone this past year.
Speaker 3: So all that to say, what the fuck is up?
Speaker 4: Well, Bradley Beal's body