Speaker 1: You feeling.
Speaker 2: This is our production of iHeart Laudio and Overturned Media.
Speaker 3: Actually here's fine.
Speaker 4: Mhmm, watch it morning, that's morning. Hey?
Speaker 5: Can we talk? And that's something I'm gonna talk to you about.
Speaker 4: Do you have a second?
Speaker 3: Give me.
Speaker 6: Shit?
Speaker 7: Your call has been possible to an automatic voice messaging system.
Speaker 6: Jackson Martin is unavailable.
Speaker 4: Come on Jackson.
Speaker 8: MM, hey, hey, you're late.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 8: I got caught up in this time difference. You think after three months i'd have it down.
Speaker 4: There's apps for that.
Speaker 5: No did, And you could have texted instead.
Speaker 4: Of leaving me here waiting again.
Speaker 1: I was busy.
Speaker 8: If I had time to text, I would have called. Honey, what I'm trying here?
Speaker 5: You're not the one left worrying? What if something happened to you?
Speaker 1: Nothing is going to happen.
Speaker 4: You don't know that, you're right?
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: It's fine, it's whatever.
Speaker 1: I'll make it up to you, I promise.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 6: Where are you.
Speaker 1: The beach at this time?
Speaker 5: I thought you might like to see the sunrise like we used to.
Speaker 1: You're really at our spot. You hate getting up early?
Speaker 4: Things you do for love?
Speaker 1: What's the matter?
Speaker 4: This just isn't how I plan this chrace? What time is it?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 1: Almost dinner?
Speaker 4: But you know that you eating? Okay?
Speaker 1: You know I eat better when you're around.
Speaker 5: What's up when I force you to eat vegetables?
Speaker 6: Talk to me.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to go back to the script. I plan this all out.
Speaker 1: You don't have to plan things with me. Say it.
Speaker 5: You're breaking up?
Speaker 2: Jackson, Jackson, shit, come on hello Jackson.
Speaker 6: Hey, sorry, the Wi Fi's crappy here at he's the landline.
Speaker 4: So no video?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry? Is that okay?
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 6: I know you have something to say. Just tell me rip off the band aid.
Speaker 4: I wish it didn't have to be like this.
Speaker 6: Like what are you okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No? Really are we honey?
Speaker 5: I I just I I had this picture in my mind, you'd you sitting here beside me, holding my hand, but you're not.
Speaker 4: So I thought a video call.
Speaker 5: Would work, but even that's a disaster.
Speaker 4: I this whole thing is a mess. I'm a mess. I you're not.
Speaker 3: No, it's supposed to be perfect.
Speaker 5: I just wanted you to see the sunrise over the ocean.
Speaker 4: You love the ocean. I know, I know you do.
Speaker 3: I have, but you can't even see anything.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I fucked this up. I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't do anything right.
Speaker 6: It's not your fault. Okay, it's my stupid connection. Just preasee, prease for me. Okay, everything's gonna be all right, baby. Let's focus on something like that. What's the first thing you see?
Speaker 4: There's water?
Speaker 6: That's a great story. What is it? What does it look like? Smell like?
Speaker 4: Here? Is tangy, salty?
Speaker 5: It smells like the sea.
Speaker 6: I guess that founds about right, and.
Speaker 4: The water is a gray blue.
Speaker 5: When the waves crest, it's like they're wearing a massive white tool.
Speaker 6: Oh is that like what our fire girls were?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they looked like frothy little fairies.
Speaker 6: What else do you think?
Speaker 5: The seagulls they're high in the sky.
Speaker 6: Mhm.
Speaker 4: That's then up yet it's just starting.
Speaker 5: To peak out when the light hits the waves sparkles and dances on the water.
Speaker 6: If I was there, movie dip back to the van.
Speaker 4: Not me.
Speaker 3: It's freezing.
Speaker 6: I'd make you come to the dance anyway.
Speaker 5: And you'd splash me, but you wouldn't mind.
Speaker 4: I would, but I'd still let you.
Speaker 6: What else?
Speaker 4: A picture?
Speaker 5: I'm holding it?
Speaker 6: He takes a picture to the beach.
Speaker 4: Someone who wants to show it to you.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: I'll text it to you, all right, m.
Speaker 5: Let me know when you get it.
Speaker 6: This reception is the worse, and just give it a second. I think this is it, Key sir.
Speaker 7: Is this.
Speaker 6: An ultrasound your ultra cell. Yes, I'm going to be a father. Yes, we're having a baby. Oh my god, it's happening. It's really happening. Oh my god, Oh my god. I just want to hold you and hug you and just just oh, oh my god, oh my god. This wasn't the plan. I know I should. I should be there.
Speaker 5: You you will be when it's safe.
Speaker 6: But I won't be home in time. I still have eight months to go.
Speaker 4: The baby won't know.
Speaker 6: Then we have to talk every day.
Speaker 4: You know when you can make it.
Speaker 6: I'll make it, I promise. And you have to put me on speaker. Okay. The baby has to hear my voice.
Speaker 3: They can't hear you. Their ears don't work.
Speaker 6: But they will soon.
Speaker 4: They will.
Speaker 6: So we'll have a grace in Jackson talk. And then a peanut and daddy time peanut, and we gotta call them something.
Speaker 4: Peanut.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 1: I love you so much.
Speaker 6: I love you too, Grace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: For what.
Speaker 6: For making my perfect?
Speaker 3: Dad?
Speaker 4: Should we go in the water.
Speaker 6: For sure?
Speaker 9: Oh? Mum?
Speaker 7: Breaking Up is written and directed by Heather Taylor. Our cast includes Tessa Bartholomew as Grace, Danny Royce as Jackson, and the jogger was played by Jacqueline Germinia, who was also our assistant director. The songs Pizza and are You Real were written and recorded by Depish for Cute Records. The editor and producer is Cameron Kel. Our on set sound mixer is Daniel Martinez, and our sound designer and head of post production is Diego perez Us. The creator and showrunner is James Kim. Our onset photographer is Julian Park, and the score is by Robert Karova and Ryo Baum You Feeling. This is a production of iHeartRadio and Overtones Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, check out the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.