Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today.
Speaker 3: Joining us now is Bloomberg News Cross Asset reporter Emily Graffeo. You're looking at shares of Walmart. We've been talking about this all day. What's going on there?
Speaker 4: I know, I hope you guys aren't like sick of talking about Walmart. Maybe everyone on Wall Street is, But yeah, I mean, this was really the big earnings of potentially the week.
Speaker 1: Walmart ticker WMT.
Speaker 4: The stock drop, that's kind of why I think it grabbed everyone's attention today. It was the second worst performer in the S and P five hundred. It was the biggest INJRO day drop since March. In the shares they actually closed down about five percent. It was a rare profit miss, so they missed expectations on profit for the first time.
Speaker 1: In three years.
Speaker 4: And then the big question with Walmart was like, we have all these tariffs potentially, how is that going to trickle down to retail companies? And actually it seems like the company itself is absorbing the tariffs more than them passing them on to the consumer. So if you read our Bloomberg News story, it says tariffs have started to materialize at Walmart in higher prices, but the impact has been limited. Prices rose one percent in the US during the quarter, So you would have expected if the company was really passing the cost of tariffs onto consumers, you'd say a much bigger number than just one percent.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that's Walmart for US. Day Force is also a company that you're watching.
Speaker 4: Day Force is a human resources software provider like back office for I guess every business.
Speaker 1: The ticker is day A.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's also in the S and P five hundred. It was Oh is it getting no?
Speaker 5: I mean if it gets bought out and taken private?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yes, that will be it will be gone. It will be gone. And that's exactly why it was up. It was up two percent today. It's up about thirty percent over the last four days. And this is all on deal news. Toma Bravo will take them private for seven dollars a share in cash. And then we also got news that now Goldman Sachs is getting involved. They committed a six billion dollar debt financing package to support the acquisition. So this is just like very big names on Wall Street.
Speaker 5: What I think is so interesting about this is our Bloomberg News team with the scoop earlier this week about this, and that's the day that you saw the stock close twenty six percent higher. Tuesday, it fell, then Wednesday it was up by three percent. Today by two point four percent, So a lot of the upside was earlier in the week before that. Thoma Brov actually talked about that.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, so the price the seventy dollars a sharing cash represents a roughly thirty two percent premium to the price before Bloomberg News had scooped that this deal was in the works.
Speaker 3: I want to get to what has been a really interesting story that we've been talking about today. Yes, Cracker Barrel, tell us what's going on there and why we saw the client sitting and.
Speaker 5: No, we are not bored of talking about talking about I still don't get it.
Speaker 4: I saw this story and I was like, oh, like, BusinessWeek is going to love this. Cracker Barrel ticker CBRL. It was down as much as fifteen percent today close the day down seven percent. It's because they're redesigning their logo. And by the way, the stock has fallen for the last five days.
Speaker 1: They're redesigning their logo logo. They're like stripping.
Speaker 4: Out every element that made cracker barrel that kind of old farmhouse esthetic and they just made it this very modernized cracker barrel logo. It's just like the text and like a yellow circle. Now this has become politicized.
Speaker 1: Donald J. Trump weighed in on x about the changes, but.
Speaker 5: I don't true Junior or Donald or the asident.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, sorry, Donald Trump Junior, excuse me, Oh my gosh. Maybe the president will also weigh in, and so, of course it's now becoming politicized.
Speaker 1: But we don't even need to focus on that. I think we should focus on the fact that they remodeled, they changed their logo.
Speaker 4: People on social media are really upset, and the shareholders obviously don't.
Speaker 1: Like the change.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think people get so used to just having something that they're used to, right, So I think maybe that's not Everyone loves change, and we're seeing that reflected here in the trade.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't affect the company's stock price. I mean, there are we talked about this, people are going, well, Michael Halen and Bloomberg Intelligence has a note oubt and he says, it's not like what happened with Nanheuser Busch and the marketing stuff earlier, Like this is not going to affect the company for an extended period of time. But still the stock has been taken ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The commentary has also been that they feel as though this may appeal to younger audiences, ditching the rock and chair.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it's just a logo.
Speaker 1: People a logo are very upset.
Speaker 4: No, but it's tim It's not just the load remodeled their interiors about a year ago.
Speaker 1: So this is part of a broader rebrand.
Speaker 4: And you look at what people are saying on Reddit on our Cracker Barrel, because Cracker Barrel has really intense stands saying what in the world is this They took They basically took down all the farmhouse choch keys.
Speaker 1: They added these like bright fluorescent lights that I mean, I wouldn't want to go in there.
Speaker 4: Someone else said, I've been going to Cracker Barrel for forty nine years since i was a kid with my grandmother.
Speaker 1: And like it's just the redesign they don't approve with that.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.