Speaker 1: What's that anthem of my bed? It's spooky and kooky. I'm pretty sure it's dead it's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute. Hey, I'm sad.
Speaker 3: I los Ma says, Hey boo, it's me Raz. I'm joined again by an absolute icon of the drag world and a friend of mine named Coco Peru, also known as Clinton Loop and Coco. You may know from so many appearances in movies and TV shows. I mean, Will and Gray's Dead End Paranormal Park, which is a new animated show on Netflix, super cute show.
Speaker 1: And Coco is I.
Speaker 3: Mean, she has an iconic voice, and so she lends it to the show and I got to talk to her out of drag, which is very very rare. There is a video of it on YouTube and that'll be linked in the show notes. And she's one of the most requested guests to come back on the show. She was actually on this show. I looked it up and it was two years ago, almost to the date. It was very much in the thick of lockdown. I might have been recording on my phone at the time. I'm not really sure, but either way, the audio's fine. She has so many stories, not just ghost stories, a lot of extraterrestrial type stories, and I got the tea, I got her to open up about it, and she.
Speaker 1: Really delivered.
Speaker 3: And it's a two part episode and I recommend if you've never heard it to go back and listen because she has so many stories.
Speaker 1: They're so good.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So she's in Spain right now and we hopped on Zoom and we had this conversation, so I hope you enjoy. And as always Patreon, I've got bonus episodes on my second tier, and I just did one of Delaware. You know, I'm doing all the states and going through the paranormal phenomena of each state, and so Delaware that would mean Florida is the next one, which I will be releasing at some point this week. And I really appreciate when you support the show like that. But either way, I appreciate you for listening, and I hope you enjoy this conversation with Clinton Loop aka Coco Peru on with the show. Oh my God, I am joined once again by Coco Peru Hello.
Speaker 2: Also known as Clinton Loop, and this I believe this is the first interview I'm doing out of Troy because I just don't give a and my curse.
Speaker 1: Usually not, but I don't give up.
Speaker 2: I don't give up anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm so honored because you also told me that the last time you were on this podcast was the first time you had talked about your paranormal experiences.
Speaker 1: So what is it about me that I keep.
Speaker 3: Getting all of these exclusives from Coco Peru. I'm honored.
Speaker 2: I guess you have powers. Ross. What can I say? I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, I know you do.
Speaker 2: Okay. So since the last time we spoke, I think I went to Roswell because, you know, during the pandemic when my shows were canceled, so I got these plane tickets. I had to use some of them. So when they first let us out and rough and I felt safe, we went to Santa Fe and I said, can we please go to Roswell for one day? So we drove there and I went to the UFO Museum and I bought this hat and I bought a shirt as well that I'm wearing. I went crazy.
Speaker 3: My god, the city of Roswell owes you so much money for that advertisement?
Speaker 2: Right now, Well, let me tell you it was a real kind of dump. You know. That added the charm to me, I absolutely town in general, the town in general is nothing like spectacular, but you know, I kind of loved that about it. And the museum was a little tacky, but come on, you know, I love taki, so I was eating it all up. But I will say this, it offered the story of what happened there. They did a really good job at that in museum. And also they had an entire library, and that library, for some reason, really impressed me. With newspaper or people go they had to actually research. And so it was the first time in my life where I was standing somewhere where I felt like, Okay, there's other people that get get this and take it seriously. And for that reason it felt very affirming to me and I and for that reason I loved it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, my full name is Roswell Hernandez.
Speaker 2: It is not.
Speaker 1: No, it's not, But I thought about that.
Speaker 3: I do have a theory that aliens come to Earth to feel better about wherever they live. So if you say it was a dump, maybe they were. Maybe that's why they chose that area. They came down here and they were like, oh my god, look at this place. And then they crashed because they were looking at everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 2: It's a theory.
Speaker 1: So you you okay.
Speaker 3: I listened back to the last time you were on and you had thirty thousand stories. Most of them were from childhood. A lot of them were alien type stuff. Do you have anything that's happened since then?
Speaker 2: No? And I had to laugh because you sent me that email with all the bullet points of what I had talked about.
Speaker 1: Those were.
Speaker 2: I thought, that's a lot. I really I went overboard.
Speaker 1: No you didn't.
Speaker 3: People tell me all the time that they want you back and how much they love your episode. People loved your episode so much, and I'm always like, I don't want to bother Cocoa Peru because, first of all, she's the star of a Netflix TV show right now. She's very busy. She travels around the world. She's currently in Spain right now. So thank you for taking the time. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm happy to be here. I love talking about this kind of stuff because I really get I rarely get to talk about it with people who aren't looking at you like mm hm. You know, it's still hard for me to talk about it. But that's why I loved that museum so much, truly, it felt so. And also since we've spoken, the actual government has come forward saying, Okay, we acknowledge that this is happening and it exists. So it just that I've always known they exist since my childhood. And you keep saying that you're crazy or you must have false memories. But I mean I even went to a therapist once and this these memories came up, and he tried to persuade me to think that, you know, I had somehow been molested and that's what this was really about, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I have heard that where people will say, no, you weren't abducted, you were just disconnecting, you know, trying to block out trauma or you know whatever.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I hear a lot of stories that convinced me otherwise I.
Speaker 2: Can talk about trauma. I remember trauma, you know what I mean. That's why it's like I don't I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wait a second, I have a story that I was wondering if you had ever heard about. I did a little bit of research here about a famous UFO story in Zimbabwe. Do you have about this one with the students?
Speaker 2: I do because I watched that documentary The Phenomenon, and it's thought of that. Yeah. I actually wrote to the filmmaker like as he was making the I was waiting for it to come out, and I kept writing him saying when is this coming out? And he actually took the time to answer me, which I thought was so sweet. So when it finally came out, I bought it for twenty dollars all right stream it. I was obsessed.
Speaker 3: And that's why are you talking about the new There's a new documentary called The Aerial Phenomenon.
Speaker 2: Now I'm talking about The Phenomenon, which has a section of that yes story within it. Now, there's a new documentary which I haven't watched yet, but.
Speaker 3: I will, the one that's just about this case. But it was my favorite part of The Phenomenon, which you can now watch on Discovery plus It.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: And for anyone that doesn't know that's listening to this, well we'll educate you a bit based on what I've researched. It's known as the rua Ufo incident at the Aerial School and this was in nineteen ninety four September of nineteen ninety four and over the days that were leading up to the event in Southern Africa, there was a glowing ball of fire that was seen passing through the sky, which was later debunked.
Speaker 1: It was actually confirmed that it was a rocket. But there were other people.
Speaker 3: There was a young boy that apparently saw something, and there was a trucker that saw what he believed to be alien beings that were on the road. And so the main thing that we're talking about here was there were sixty two students at this private school that were between the age of six and twelve that saw some shit at ten am on their recess.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, when there's like a bunch of kids, as.
Speaker 3: You can imagine, they've got different they all have different stories or you know, all it appeared different or they there's a lot going on there. But basically they said that they saw multiple silver, oval shaped crafts of some sort with colored lights on them flying around and then they land well at least one of them landed right beyond their playground right and they saw multiple humanoid creatures that were standing next to the craft that they described having big black eyes and a black suit or like, you know, some kind of which I'm glad. You know, these aliens like to let it all hang out. So I was happy to hear that they had on a suit. You don't always hear that they have on clothes. Whenever you've had alien experiences, do you believe that they were naked or did they have clothes on?
Speaker 2: I have no memory of encountering aliens, so I wouldn't know what they were wearing. I think I have encountered aliens, but I don't. I don't have any you know, memory of it. I just know that a chunk of time.
Speaker 1: Missing, they're probably naked, Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to give me an alien husband to take me away. So they said that these ones had long torsos with little legs. She said that they were standing about one meter away from them. And there's so in that documentary, there's those really cute videos of the little kids and they have their little accents and they're talking about what they saw. And if you go to YouTube now there's actually the videos of them being interviewed and there's drawings that they did of what they saw, and it's so cute.
Speaker 2: But it's very it's very compelling. And yes, it's kind of I'm not even say kind of, it's beautiful. The children are so sincere in what they saw, and then they interview them now as adults and their stories stay the same, and there's just something about you know, when you meet people that have had an experience, and you know you've had your experience, they say in such a way where you realize, oh, they're telling the truth right. And to me, these kids, both as the children when they were first interviewed and later are clearly for me telling the truth about what they saw. And what was the most beautiful for me as an adult, and what really resonated with me was what the aliens were telling them, and that was, you know, these kids were being like they were transmitting these images to these children, and the images were the destruction of our planet.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's probably the most important part of this. That and the only people that have told stories like this, like it seems that these extraterrestrials literally are like, hey, we can see you from up above and it's a mess down there. You need to get it together, especially these young children. You know, it seems like some of them were saying that they were under the impression or whatever that the aliens were telling them, You guys are young, you're the future. You're gonna be here for a long time, so you need to tell people to recycle and take care of the earth.
Speaker 1: I just it's a beautiful story.
Speaker 2: It is. And how it triggered me in a way about that is since I'm a little kid, I have been obsessed with litter. And my first job was cleaning my neighborhood. There was a time when I don't know if I talked about this on the last but I was driving with my mother and we had had a terrible storm that they call North Easters in the where I grew up, and we lived on a little island, and the tide had come up and when it receded, it left all this garbage behind and bushes on the streets and sidewalks. And my mother and I were driving and my mother said, look at how look at the mess. And I said, Mother, nature threw up on us. I was really little, And what are you talking about? I said, we made her sick and she threw up, and so yeah, then I was obsessed with That's why one of the live in Disney World, because it was clean and they took care of things, and I was always as a child wanting to take care of the water where we grew up. It was just an obsession of mine. So when I saw this documentary and these kids talking about it, I thought, wow, you know, ever since I was little, that has been something that has consumed me.
Speaker 1: Do you think that there is some kind of connection there? Do you think that?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do. And one of the gentlemen in the phenomenon that works for the government, where they were talking about how these crafts were hovering over nuclear sites where you know, these bombs are, and it was hovering over and it beamed down this red light and shut down the entire system and they had no control over it. And what he said was the impression that he was left was clearly this was an intelligence and they were saying, you're playing with matches and you're going to get burned. Be careful. And if as if these aliens were treated them like children, like you really don't have control. You think you do, but you know, so I hope that you know, there were days where I just want a big mass, you know, meteor to hit this earth and let some new creatures evolve and take over because I feel like we don't deserve this planet. I said that to my mother recently, and she goes, you're sick. I do have these fantasies, But I do think that that's tied into the alien experience is the taking care of the Earth. I feel like, whether or not there's some sort of alternate reality or alternate planes of existence, how we treat this earth is somehow affecting their reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: Or they're just like straight up, they can look at us and they're like like maybe it's like the Truman Show or something, and they're like, we love the show, but it's going to get canceled.
Speaker 1: You guys need to do something here.
Speaker 3: You know what is funny though, there's this article online I can't remember what the publication is, but they talked to They catch up with one of these girls.
Speaker 1: This was before the documentary.
Speaker 3: I think it was like twenty fourteen or something, and they interview her and she's sitting at a bar and she's talking about this experience as she's smoking a cigarette.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, we are humans.
Speaker 3: That's true, or are we? Okay, wait a second, let's get back to listen.
Speaker 2: Listen over there and has studio.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they reported that these kids, or that these alien beings were about the height of a grade six and they one of the things that they said they saw two little guys and one of them was running in slow motion across the ship, which is really crazy to think about. And it was one big ufo surrounded by smaller ones. Where it landed, the grass was burnt, So that's something. And though I should note that not every student at the school saw something, and it allegedly lasted about fifteen minutes, so I have some questions there. And also I feel like that would be me if, like that would be the one day that the string cheese that my mom packed me just didn't sit right at snack time and I'm sitting over here on a toilet during recess and then I.
Speaker 1: Come back and I'm like, hey, guys, what I miss. They're gonna be like, h.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: I can't believe there was I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't find an accurate number of how many students were at the school, but there was like definitely over a hundred that didn't see it, and none of the.
Speaker 1: Teachers said that they saw it.
Speaker 3: Though in that documentary they did interview a teacher who was like, I should have believed the kids, and I do now, and she apologized, but yeah, I don't know. But yeah, a woman that was a UFO researcher named Cynthia Heine arrived at the scene the next day and she started interviewing the kids, and then media outlets started coming in, and there was this controversial psychiatrist from Harvard that was a Poltzer Prize winner and he interviewed the kids and that's when they really started to get into the telepathy that they because it was like the kids went into like a trance and looked into the big eyes of these beings and that's when they believe that the aliens told them telepathically about the.
Speaker 1: Planet and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, there's a new documentary it's called Aerial Phenomenon by Randall Nickerson and I haven't seen it yet, but it is streaming on the website for that movie, I believe it's like twenty dollars to stream, but I really want to see it because it's all about this and this is maybe my favorite UFO story ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just I find it comforting. I find you know, I love mysteries and all that stuff. But for me, it's just it just it just makes me go, Okay, I didn't imagine all of that. It was real. Can you hear the people talking in the background, Now, okay, that's all right.
Speaker 1: I think you're hearing voices.
Speaker 2: No, it's I'm telling you. My Spanish neighbors are very loud.
Speaker 1: No, I can't hear anything.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure that I get a chance to talk to you about this TV show that you're on, which I watched. It's really cute. Congratulations on doing this show. You're so perfect for it. And it's paranormal. I mean it literally has paranormal in the title.
Speaker 2: Yes, originally it didn't. It was called dead Endia and Hamish Steele, who wrote the graphic books that it's based on, I got to work with Netflix, and he was so nervous about bringing up the whole storyline about the hero of the show and the books is trans and they were all in you know that. They were like, no, that's why we want the show. So I think it was a wonderful why. But I think that his challenges were when they changed it to dead End Paranormal Park because they want to give the audience an idea of what they're going to see before they even see.
Speaker 3: It, so it's not like an adult cartoon or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I found it very cute and I.
Speaker 2: Will it's young adult really and it's I think seven and above. What's fascinating to me that the response has been because I've been pushing up on my fans, which are not children obviously there so I people my age watching it and being I can't wait for season two. I thought, well, they'll watch it as a favorite for me, but no, they're actually into it. And part of the response, and it's a response I had, was I thought I would enjoy it. It's cute, great, the whole transling was going to be empowering. But I watched it going, oh my god, I didn't have this going, and I grieved for myself that there was nothing back then and nothing for a very long time in my life. And so it hit me again of how important representation is for kids to see themselves. Is important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it deals with paranormal stuff a little bit. I mean like an acute cartoony kind of way age appropriate way it's it is, but some.
Speaker 2: Of it's creepy Night of the letting kids but and the noises that they're making, it's and there's kind of jolting shots, and uh so they keep it. But I think I think kids are drawn to horror for sure. We used to have chiller in this hand with you know, this clay animated hand would come out with six fingers and oh I just I lost it.
Speaker 1: You lost what.
Speaker 2: You disappeared, but you can still hear me.
Speaker 1: And you're seeing was it the did the chiller hand turn me off?
Speaker 2: I think the chiller hand knocked something off, but I'm back. But anyway, so I've always loved horror, and I think queer people especially, we love horror for many reasons that we can talk about. But I think horror has and the queer community sort of have always gone hands, you know.
Speaker 1: I've also always felt a a lot of reasons.
Speaker 3: You know, of course, paranormal goes along with horror, but I think that there's there's certain reasons why I think the paranormal and queerness go hand in hand, and I think about it a lot. But I was recently thinking a lot about how aliens goes are so misunderstood and thought of as being terrifying and have been for so long and they've been demonized and villainized, and I wonder if there's a connection there as well, for some kind of fascination.
Speaker 2: The otherness of something. But also you know when you when the world is here, right, and everybody who identifies and fits into this world, and then there's people like you and I who go, I don't exactly fit in this world. Well, we start living outside these boundaries and we figure out ways to survive. And those monsters, you know, going with the werewolf and them them not fitting in and figuring out ways to survive. Uh, I think resonates with with people like us.
Speaker 1: Don't drag me into this. I am not some monster.
Speaker 2: Honey, you are well fear on out.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me do another thing with you. Can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, it's time for ev I'm.
Speaker 2: Hoping I'm helping one of them's Jackie b.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's still with us, actually still alive. Last time I checked.
Speaker 1: It's time for EVP.
Speaker 3: Or ev please, EVPs or ev police.
Speaker 1: We did this last time. So what I do. I go to YouTube.
Speaker 3: I look for Electronic Voice Phenomena or EVPs. These are voices that have been allegedly captured by Well, they've been captured by ghost hunters and they believe that they are ghosts speaking, and I'm going to play them for you, and I'm gonna have you tell me what you think you hear, and we're gonna guess what the ghost hunter believes they heard.
Speaker 1: This first one is from.
Speaker 3: Grim Ghost Tours and it's in Salt Lake City at the City and County Building in Old Town and it's creepy. I guess I'm just gonna hold my phone up hopefully this will work. Okay, there's obviously a lot of background noise, but there's a voice whispering above it.
Speaker 1: So let's try it.
Speaker 2: I hear you o Coco two thousand because I worked in Salt Lake City once and they didn't pay me. But no, I don't hear anything.
Speaker 1: Is it the ghost of the promoter that owes you money.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that's what it is. I owe Coco two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, I really do hear it, so I think this is a zoom problem.
Speaker 2: But tell me what it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me just try it one more time.
Speaker 2: It's like, Okay, I hear the whisper, but I can't make out what it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, well one of these is the correct answer. Is it A we owe you two thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: No, it's not that. Is it A she must leave?
Speaker 2: Is it B?
Speaker 3: Hey fix your cleave like you know when your cleavage is kind of like weird? Is it C, I don't believe you? Or D where's the beef? Okay, let me play it again.
Speaker 2: It's where's the beef?
Speaker 1: Is that what you call two thousand dollars? It is a she must leave?
Speaker 2: She must leave. Okay, now that we know that that's a shady ghost.
Speaker 1: She must leave.
Speaker 3: She's never getting her money from us. Okay, Hopefully this one will be more successful. This is from pist Ghost pissed Ghost. It is at the old Cemetery office in Mount olivet Cemetery in Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 1: What is it saying?
Speaker 2: Girl? I mean it's creepy, but I can't think it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, is it a call Reddit? Like maybe you got some gossip call reddit? Put it on reddit?
Speaker 2: Is it B?
Speaker 1: Come right in?
Speaker 2: Is it C? You ready? Or D?
Speaker 1: Try right aid like you know when CBS doesn't have it. Okay, let's come right in, come right in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see I forgot that was one of the options. But that's what I heard. Yeah, I mean, yeah, that's creepy.
Speaker 1: That is creepy.
Speaker 3: Also, I feel like I can hear like the mouth noises, like them right in, Like, I feel like I can hear that, which usually don't hear from a ghost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's a horny ghost.
Speaker 1: The cemetery I told you?
Speaker 2: Did I tell you about the time I because you've been going to places that I wanted now, like actually doing.
Speaker 1: Your own as much as I can. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a hotel I stayed in in Sacramento. Did I tell you this on the last show?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Oh well, anyway, as soon as I well, it was an old building, so that is always a little but you know how you can walk into a place and you automatically feel like you're being looked at, or you just feel something. And so I said that, I said to me, it's.
Speaker 1: Turning a look though, So I can't help that. I'm just used to that.
Speaker 2: So I said to the person working there, I excuse me, is this place haunted? And she said, we're not supposed to say anything unless you ask. And and since you've asked, yes, it is haunted by two children. Had been a place where prostitutes would work, and they also lived there, and two of them had children, and they wanted two different rooms. So they said, one child will bounce the ball in the middle of the night, and the other one will pull the blanket off for you standing at the end of the bed. And then she said, would you like either of those rooms? Now? What would your answer? What would your answer be?
Speaker 1: Hell? No, I really no. I am not dealing with kids alive or dead.
Speaker 2: That I said no as well, but I'm surprised I would have assumed you being so intrigued by the after.
Speaker 3: No, That's where I draw the line is I will stay at a haunted hotel. I'm not sleeping in that room unless there's something in it for me, or if I'm with people that will stay up all night, whatever. But if I'm there to rest, hell no, I'm not dealing with Bobby Brady with his little ball bouncing everywhere.
Speaker 2: No way, I'm the same way. I can't.
Speaker 3: I do love that rule, though, like we won't tell you it's haunted and listen. But since you asked, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I stayed in another hotel they had the same rule. I don't remember where in Colorado. I asked if that hotel was haunted, and they said the same thing. We're not supposed to say anything, but since you asked, and that was haunted by.
Speaker 1: A minor another child.
Speaker 2: No, a minor, not a minor, but someone like who digs in the earth and collects. Oh, I guess got it, got it?
Speaker 1: Bold different kind of minor.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, with our last little bit of time we have together, Coco, I just want to rest it.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell any stories, but I guess because I told them all the first.
Speaker 1: Well you did.
Speaker 3: Listen, the floor is open. Do you got a good paranormal story that you haven't told us yet?
Speaker 2: I really don't. Really. I'm trying to think because I feel like I told them all, and I told you how I used to obsessively draw like what probably looked like hieroglyphics as a kid. Now, yes, I used to obsessively draw these little designs and lines like hieroglyphics. But I knew they weren't hieroglyphics, because I mean, I liked Egypt, but but to me it was I was writing. I knew it was connected to the alien experience. But but I was too young to know why. Only years later do you see these symbols that look like hieroglyphics in a weird way. But I used to obsessively draw these things little shapes.
Speaker 1: Or could it be a past life size?
Speaker 2: Maybe I have no idea, but to me, it was always related to that experience of missing time. I knew that I had something to do with the missing time that I had, but I couldn't put it together.
Speaker 1: M Maybe they taught you how to draw hieroglyphics in that time.
Speaker 2: And well, you've seen now as an adult, I've seen on you know now that we have an Internet when people have reported seeing stuff and then they remember it and they can draw it out and it looks so much like what I used to draw as a kid.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: It is cool. Anyway, that was my one little other story.
Speaker 3: Well, I was thinking that I could just kind of list a bunch of paranormal things and see if maybe something comes up. All right, what about okay, Well, sleep paralysis, which is, like, you know, it's one of these things that there are explanations for, but it goes into that murky area where you can also sometimes see full on demon looking creatures.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had anything like that happen.
Speaker 2: I've never heard anything like that happen, but I know people that have. And a very good friend of mine had that happen, and she said it was absolutely terrifying.
Speaker 1: It's so scary.
Speaker 2: And she said she said that there was it was a presence in the room with her. She could see the outline of it, and she just could not move.
Speaker 3: That's like back to the hotel thing. I'm not doing things where you're messing with my sleep. That to me is it's so vulnerable sleep and shower that should be off limits if you're a ghost or a demon or alien or any of it.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Actually, a listener named Vanessa sent me a story about sleep paralysis.
Speaker 1: Let me read it here. It's real quick.
Speaker 3: Vanessa writes, So, a while back, I believe I experienced my first run in with possible sleep paralysis. I am admittedly a side sleeper, which ps coco. That really seems to be People find that if you sleep on your side or your back, it happens more. Oh really, Yes, So I'm not sure if I rolled onto my back or not during the night, but usually I fall asleep on my side. Anyways, this night, I woke up to the distinct feeling of someone or something slowly pulling on my blanket.
Speaker 1: Half asleep.
Speaker 3: I thought nothing of it, thinking it was my fiance tugging on the sheets, until I realized he wasn't there that night.
Speaker 1: I was home alone.
Speaker 3: Then I felt something grabbing my foot and pulling me off the bed. Now panicked, I looked over and saw a dark, shadowy figure standing right next to my bed. I truly couldn't make out any discernible features, just this strange dark energy. I tried to scream, but nothing came out. I started flailing, and I think that action is what actually woke me up. I immediately sat up in bed, and I remember waking up in tears. I felt it felt way too real to just be a nightmare. I've never experienced anything like that before, and I haven't since I wrote that in It's Just One. It's just a weird, one off event that I truly hoped and never experience again.
Speaker 2: Horrifying, My god, so horrifying.
Speaker 1: It is so scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I's and that's exactly what my friend described, though maybe not she's been pulled off, but that dark energy and trying to scream. Her husband was lying next to her, but she couldn't get him to notice, and her eyes were open, so she was completely paralyzed looking around and all that she could move over her eyes terrifying.
Speaker 1: I hate that so much now.
Speaker 2: I did share with you the story about my sister seeing the alien standing next to her bed the last time we spoke.
Speaker 1: Remind me what that one was, so in the.
Speaker 2: Nineteen you'll remember. So in the nineteen I would say sixties, because I was probably two years old. My parents had taken me on a vacation they were taking out to California, so my sister was home alone with my brother, four much older, but they still lived at home. And my sister had just laid down to go to bed, and she rolled over onto her side, and standing up against her bed was what she described later as an alien. At the time, it was just called this greenish bluish man. And he had a big head, very short, so really only she could only see his head sort of leaning into the bed. But here's the really creepy part. And had large black eyes and the little mouth and the mouths started to get into an oh like this, and it kept getting bigger and bigger, and bigger and bigger, and then it started rocking its head like this, and she interpreted that as it's laughing at me, and she finally screamed and it scampered into the next room. My brother heard her screaming and ran up to the third floor because she was in the attic, and he said, you were dreaming. She said, I literally turned the light off and rolled over and this thing was next. I didn't I wasn't sleeping. And then two weeks later or so, when we came back, our neighbor Anne called and said, Helen, I have to talk to I saw something. I've been trying to put it out of my mind, but I can't. And my mother said, what's going on? She said, I have all these kids, you know, And I forgot the laundry out on the line. I went out late at night to take in the laundry and as I'm taking it down, I looked over and standing up against the fence in my backyard was this little greenish bluish man with these large black eyes who had this little mouth. And it just started getting bigger and it started rocking. And my mother is listening to this, knowing that my sister had experienced it. When did you see this? And it turned out they both saw it on the same night. And what always fascinated me was whenever they talked about it, because I asked Dan years later about this, and they would turn their head while talking about it when they got to the mouth, when they tried to describe what it was doing with its mouth, is when they would sort of really try to picture it, you know, And that little detail always up triggered, you know, creepy to me, that they'd be talking to you like this and then when they got to the mouth, it was over here. But it's just that visual of the head doing this. And you know, Jeff Plotnik stole that from me. I told him that story and he put in one of his weird videos years back. But yeah, so, and I told you on the last thing that when I read Whitney Striver's book years later and not in the nineties when it came out, maybe nineteen ninety, I don't remember when it came out, but that was the first time I read something exactly what my sister described. It was the first time I ever heard of outside of my family. He describes something similar with the mouth, and what is that?
Speaker 1: Are they literally laughing at people?
Speaker 2: Or I don't think they're laughing. I don't know what that is. Who knows? But apparently there were there's you know, you grow I grew up when I got to see close and Kata's third behind that white, gray alien, you know, but apparently there were other kinds, and he described in his book the gray alien, but also this sort of bluish greenish one that is maybe more of a worker. And anyway, I just found that. I know I told this to you because you had it in your list of bullets. That years later, my niece was living in that same room and she would wake up crying that the smiling man was standing next to her bed.
Speaker 3: I feel like I remember that detail. I don't remember this first detail.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I wouldn't have told you that detail that I hadn't told you the other one. But since I'm actually seeing you, I wanted to do the head rocking exactly because I find it so creepy. And my sister to this day knows that that happened to her, and she is not a horror paranoid person, you know, She's not into it, never was.
Speaker 3: Do you think that aliens are from another planet or where do you think they live?
Speaker 2: Well, years I always thought, yeah, they live in some other galaxy. But years ago I had this feeling that they were us traveling back in time, skipping back through time, and that everything exists all at once maybe, and that they're they're traveling back in time to make sure that we don't screw up things. And who knows, but I had that that idea, and and and then one of the symbols I used to draw as a kid was like sort of a triangle going this way and another one coming to me it this way, and then I would draw this dot in the middle and for some reason, this side was us and side was them. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: Hmm?
Speaker 2: And whatever that middle part was where it's all. I don't know what that is, but that, to me is a memory as a kid that when I drew this symbol, this was us and that's them. That strange.
Speaker 1: I've never seen the TV show This Is Us? But is that what it's about.
Speaker 2: I've never watched it either. Now I'll have to check it out.
Speaker 3: Wait, So that is an interesting theory that they're like that that's what we turn into, or that little dot that you drew. Is that some kind of machine we go through and we turn into them?
Speaker 2: Or well, how is that the big bang moment and we came out this side of the universe and they came out that side of the union.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but do you want to Sorry, go ahead, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just saying again, as you know, these were not These were not things that I was doing an adult to create. These were drawings that I made as a kid, and in my childish mind it didn't make sense. But I can recall feeling like this side of them and that side of them, and to me, that's that's an eerie detail to remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: All I hope is that I witness it again in my lifetime, and I would love to be alive when they finally make contact because I want answers. I've suffered in a weird way with this. It's bad enough being a gay kid, but a gay kid that has something strange happened to them, and then you're made to believe that it didn't happen, or you're made fun of when you try to share it with people. That's doubly traumatizing. So I would like answers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I get that, but it's so fun to just get little peaks into what it could be, you know, because that it's just like, oh yeah, Larry, my neighbor, the alien Like it's like that's no longer fun for me if they're just they're just.
Speaker 2: Like, well, I guess that's true. Like part of even if you believe in any kind of religious experience or religious it's like it's meant to be a mystery, and that's the joy really is getting to live in a mystery rather than knowing everything. And so mysteries can be fun. Unfortunately, they most religions have said this is this is it, and this is what you have to you know, and that's not really what provokes imagination and creativity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, well, r.
Speaker 2: Us, did I bring you down?
Speaker 3: Just extreme as right now? I'm they're on my last nerve me too, and I think.
Speaker 2: Bringing it back to dead End Paranormal Park.
Speaker 1: Now on Netflix.
Speaker 2: I'm available now Netflix. I do believe that's why it's important for not only kids to watch the show, but any LGBTQ plus people, their allies, they tune into the show just to let Netflix know these are the shows we want on television. For us and for our children. We want our children to be raised in a community of diversity. That nature is diverse and so and so we as a species are diversed, and we should be celebrating that and embracing it, because that's when the magic happens, is when you know, and you and I rous we've experienced that kind of magic in our own mind. And when you experience that, you want other people to share that with you. Otherwise, why why go on? It's that mad, you know, and so that I think that's one of the roles of LGBTQ people is to share with others that sort of magic of stepping outside.
Speaker 1: This little box.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for sharing your magic with me all the way from Athana. We have to wrap it up, Coco, but I appreciate you. Well, yeah, I mean, as I've said before, you're literally you're.
Speaker 1: One of the best.
Speaker 3: I never know the right word monologists, monologuists, you're the best. You're a storyteller, bullshit artist, my mother would say. And I could listen to your stories for hours and hours, and I hope to talk to you again on this podcast sometime, But in the meantime, can you tell everyone where to find you and all the stuff you want to know.
Speaker 2: I'm on Instagram, and I'm on Twitter and all the other social stuff, but and then my website cococo dot com and really ask you to please watch Dead End Paranormal Park and support support it.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much to Coco Peru. Hey are you following the show? You subscribed? Please be tell your friends about it. Rate it five stars on Apple Podcasts or Spotify or wherever, and leave me a nice review, leave me a ghost story, send me ghost stories. You can put it in a five star review, or you could email me at ghosted by Raz at gmail dot com. You can find me on Instagram at Razhernandez TikTok and Twitter at It's Raz Hernandez Patreon dot com, slash raz dres false. There's a link in the description of this episode. Anyway, I love you all, both living and dead.
Speaker 1: But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 2: Hey, back stars.
Speaker 1: There a podcast network