Speaker 1: Shoot your shot on Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. That's right, Prize Picks now is giving you fifty dollars in lineups when you sign up and play your first five dollars. Prize Picks makes every dunk, every dime, every board that much more exciting, so don't miss a chance to get started on America's number one app.
Speaker 2: For sports picks.
Speaker 1: Football season was fantastic, but it's time to chef gears to basketball. Trade deadline was exciting. You know, I'm rocket with La and my guys Lebron and Luca. More points, more threes, more rebounds, more and more and more. New feature alert Prize Picks now have early payouts. If your lineup gets soft to a hot start, you may now have the option to cash out those winnings before the game even finishes. Prize Picks is simple to play. Just download the Prize Picked apt today. Use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup prize picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: After watching a friend grow through a loss a few weeks ago, I saw how quickly grieved turn into financial stress. No one deserves that feeling I saw him feel ever, and I mean no one. No matter what I offered to help, it wasn't enough. And I promised my family I would never make them feel the same way my buddy felt. Trust me, that experience watching a free and grow through financial stress while grieving changed how I think about protecting my own family. Life insurance is about expecting the worst, but it's about making sure the people you love are supported no matter what. That's why at Nightcap we recommend life insurance through Ethos. Ethos makes getting life insurance fast and easy one hundred percent online. You can get a quote and second applying minutes and get same day coverage. How much easier can protect and your loved ones get. There's no medical exam, just answer a few simple health questions. Protect your family with life insurance from Ethos now by going to ethos dot com slash Nightcap and in little It's ten minutes, you can get a free quote up to three million dollars in coverage at ethos dot com slash nightcap. That's Ethos each d hos dot com slash nightcap. Again, that's Ethos dot com slash Nightcap. Application times and rates may vary. Hey, guys, what's up. It's your favorite unk, proud partner of road Sparks. You ever had one of them nights? Maybe you're watching a movie, you're laughing, she scoops, sitting closer on the couch and boom, it's on. Now in these moments, you can't be caught slipping. You gotta be ready to perform like it's the big game, you hear me. And that's where roast Sparks come in. These bad boys dissolved right under your tongue. No worries. And here's the kicker. The dual lashing formula stays active for up to thirty six hours. Yeah, now, you're not a wreck for thirty six hours. But let's get this straight. When the moment strikes you again, you're ready to perform again, again and again if necessary, ready to rise to the occasion. With road Sparks, you get full of erections, you get more control, and everybody's leaving the room with a smile on their face. Isn't that what we all want? That's what I call a win baby, And check this out. If you've prescribed new sexual health patients get fifteen dollars off their first order of roast sparks on a recurring plan. Just go to r O dot col slash nightcap to find out a prescription roaw sparks are right for you again. That's our ol dot col slash Nightcap. Now, fellas, you know your favorite, don't got to keep it real with you. Sparks is a compounding drug product that means it's allowed to be prescribed under federal law, but isn't FDA approved and doesn't have to go through their reviews. For the full safety info, hit up road dot coast slash safety info. So fellas, stay confident, stay ready, and let them sparks fly when the moment is right. Are you still celebrating Seahawks fans? Are you still celebrating Patriots fans? Are you still depressed Patriots fans? I don't know, well, y'all depressed the prosperity that you've had over the last two decades. Y'all can lose two bunths super Bowls. Y'all still should be happy, but I get it. I understand losses are never eating, but Seahawks fans you should rejoice.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite ONNK and that is my partner in co hosts Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame Arnoeri. He's a former pro bowler and an All Pro. He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast.
Speaker 2: Feed wherever you get your podcasts from.
Speaker 1: We would personally like to thank each and every one of you for over the year the support and your continue support will be at live shows, be at Nightcap, on radio role whether it be for the fight, it does not matter. You guys show up and you support us and Ocho and I cannot thank you enough though. Looking to purchase a bottle of shaved by Laportier, head to Laportierkangyak dot com if you cannot find it any state or city near you. It is a premium ves sol p Kanyak. We have the seven fifty, which is the og bottle. But now we have the junior, which is the three seventy five. Now, like I said, it is a premium veslp Kanyak, the best tasting premium vessel PA Kanyac on the market. But don't take my word for it. Try it for yourself and compare it against other Kanyaks and you'll see it is the smoothest, best tasting cognac on the market. Please drink responsible and be safe. We will be joined by champion O Chinawa Nuosu. I hope I got that name right. I've been practicing that thing all day, O Joe Nwosu. But first, first, first thing. First, Bad Bunny, Bad damn. I guess people that many people didn't know boycotts. We pollt on show. Bad Bunny delivered the most watched Super Bowl halftime show at all time. The show drew one hundred and thirty five million viewers, surpassing Kendrick's record Rock Nation super Bowl viewership. Since he's taken over, I guess that's twenty twenty. He did one hundred and three million in twenty twenty ninety six point seventy twenty twenty one, one O three point four in twenty two one twenty one, Rihanna in twenty three, one, twenty three point four in twenty four, Kendrick did one, thirty three point five in twenty five, hand coming over the top by almost two million views. Bad buddy, body do go ahead, O Joe Hey.
Speaker 3: Well one thing.
Speaker 4: One thing I can say is a lot of people will complain and the percentage of people that didn't enjoy, the percentage of people that didn't like it, the percentage of people that were WI wrote I think pieces that had huge dialogues on theyir displeasure with a halftime show and complaining about oh it was in Spanish, I didn't know what was going on. It's a very small percentage. It's a very small percentage. What people have to understand is that the NFL listener is trying to grow. They're trying to grow a consumer market outside of Jesse, United States state.
Speaker 3: They want to grow globally. That is the only way growing Glow.
Speaker 4: Believe that you cantinue continue to push the boundaries include cultural diversity and I think they're doing a really good job at it. And if you think about it, we've given a different halftime performer almost to every different genre of music. So whatever you do at this point, I think people still will not be happy. They're gonna always complain about something. You will never be able to please everybody. So I like the direction that the NFL is going with the halftime shows and touching each in different genre of music and giving them their opportunity to have that big state.
Speaker 1: And I think his interview on Apple Music is the most watched interview on that format.
Speaker 2: I think he did. He's sixty eight million in county.
Speaker 1: But it's always funny the people that boycott, but they didn't tell nobody to boycott them when they perform. I know a guy to talking about he had his own thing at another venue, but did you remember when he ain't nobody boycott. We ain't gonna get into that old show. Let's not, let's not, let's not talk.
Speaker 2: About but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah this at people and they.
Speaker 1: Were talking about we paid five thousand a ticket and we paid this and it's like, I come to see Benito. I ain't know they call him Benito. I ain't Benito Santiago. I didn't know. I didn't know that was that was his name. Bad money. But they're like, we come to see Benito and they started speaking Spanish and they were so excited. Yeah, they had on their team gear. They had on the Seahawks and they had on the Patriots. Somebody, I think I saw somebody. His team wasn't even many. He said, I came to see bad money. I came to see Benito. So right, right, at some point, I mean, you're not You're not gonna please everybody. When they had Kendrick, he wasn't brought him up. When they had Usher, he got old songs. When they had Rianna, well she showed up pregnant. They had Kendrickcuse me, we had Doctor Dre and Snoop and Mary Jay. You're not going to please when you got almost four hundred million people in the United States, You're going to offend someone. But you know why, because people are looking for reasons to get offended. Yes, I don't like apples, Okay, If I don't like apples, that'll just because I like something, that don't mean I hate something else. If you like oranges, that don't mean you hate apples and bananas, that means you like you like man gold.
Speaker 2: That don't mean you hate watermelon and honey.
Speaker 1: Dude. But people get so offended. They're looking for a reason to get offended. Oh, this is an American sport. This is okay broad and their risings. You like American food, but you'll be tearing up some Mexican food. You tamp Indian food, you tamp Jamaican food. Now y'all need to stop this and stop looking for reasons to get offended.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I ain't no one worried.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you what the song was, but I was grooving, and the Babel effects and the production was over the top, over the top. I love how you played to his Hairda Joe Jo. I love the guys playing dominoes. I love the sugar cane, I love the snow cones, I love I love the ladies in the nel some line getting their hair done.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 4: Even if you don't understand the words, huh, you become one with the musical movie. Sometimes you go to the club ay, sometimes you go to the club bunk. You can't even hear what's being you can't even hear what's being played, But you become one with the music.
Speaker 3: It's easy to do.
Speaker 4: I think most of the people that work with planning saying oh, my goodness, I don't understand what he's saying. Okay, if you don't understand what he's saying, just go and flow with the beat.
Speaker 2: It's about having the rhythm.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe ay, maybe you don't have rhythm. Maybe that's why they're mad, probably because if you got rhythm, all you do is you catch the beat and become one with the music and have fun.
Speaker 3: That kind of music, it's about a vibe.
Speaker 4: You don't need to understand when you travel to the dr when you travel to Spain, when you travel to Puerto Rico, when you travel to Brazil, you're not going to understand what they're saying. You're not going to understand the music, but you you're not understand the words, but you become one with the music depending on where you are. And people need to understand what the NFL is trying.
Speaker 3: To do globally, not just here. We wanted to be one.
Speaker 4: Of the best sports to watch outside of the US.
Speaker 3: And we're competing with soccer, which is number one outside of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well soccer is the number one in the world because more the Europeans play it and more countries play it. That Yeah, African nations in European countries they play soccer.
Speaker 2: Really, they don't play a bear.
Speaker 1: And that's why basketball is so big globally because there's the Slovenians and the Serbians and they got so many different people. But when in football, every once in a while, low Joe, you'll get like the gentlemen we're gonna bring on tonight. We'll get a few here and there that come from Cameroon, ll come from Nigeria. Come from different countries, but not to the vast number that soccer, not to the vast number.
Speaker 2: That's why baseball they.
Speaker 1: Got the Puerto Ricans, and they got the Dominicans, and they got the you know, the Nicaraguans, and they got the Japanese, which show hey and these others. So in the Panslmania, I look, I've stopped. Look, I've stopped looking for things to get offended for. Unless you're speaking directly to me, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean some people miserable. Yeah, there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 4: It's some people are miserable and you have to allow them to live their miserable lives where nothing anyone else does is going to make them happy. They're going to find something wrong. They're gonna nitpick at something, and it's unfortunate. That's some of the times that we're in. Now, we're in twenty twenty six. You know, when we talk about cultural diversity, I don't want happen. They don't want culture diversity. They don't want what they want. They want them to stay here. Everybody stay here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and no one else gets opportunities.
Speaker 1: Should supersede yours? What I want to supersede yours. So it ain't no diversity. I mean, look, uh, and somehow if somebody gets a job, oh they are d d e I high. No one has benefited more from d E I than white women in America.
Speaker 2: But we ain't gonna have that discussion, gonna have a real discussion.
Speaker 3: We can't make it a political show.
Speaker 2: No, we can't.
Speaker 3: We can't do that.
Speaker 2: But they know we.
Speaker 3: Gotta keep we gotta keep it.
Speaker 1: In colleges and Title nine. You they know affirmative action. Who's benefited the most? And y'all ay ready to have that real conversation, But one day we will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's it's look.
Speaker 1: Uh uh, you know, the hammer and the nail can never be a rivalry.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, take your time. I know something good.
Speaker 1: The nail and the hammer. How can they go back and forth? We know how it's gonna end. The tree will never have a great relationship with a Max. Okay, come on, we're gonna move it. But they don't y'all want y'all, how does the gazelle get down to have a conversation, down to have a conversation with the lion or the cheetah?
Speaker 2: How we should we should be able to sit down? Really? Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Boy, you just and you just pulled some gems out of no where.
Speaker 2: You hear me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me get let me get it, let me get a paid time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna have a we're gonna have a real We're gonna have a real conversation.
Speaker 2: Wow. But they don't chant chant, they don't they know what's really going on.
Speaker 3: Oh my fits, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: I tell you, I got to tell you how to treat me, how to talk to me? Uh now I'm good. Last week, Jay Glaizer made it clear that Max Crosby is done with the Raiders now. Jason Lakin for reports that an unnamed general manager claims that Crosby has directly communicated his wishes to minority owner Tom Brady. He told Tom Brady he will never play for the Raiders again, the unnamed GM saying that's a fact. He told him he'll retire before he ever played for them again. But I'm not sure they're actually going to trade him. Miles Garrett said the same thing last year, and we know how that ended up. Oh Joe, how do you see this situation unfolding?
Speaker 3: Oh Man?
Speaker 4: Understanding what Max Crossey means to the Las Vegas Raiders, I'm not sure if thing can be rectified at this point. Most of the time, when the players get to this point like this, where he feels I really can't do it anymore, there might be something going on behind the scenes internally that we don't know about.
Speaker 3: It's specially for mac Crossey to get to.
Speaker 4: The point to where he is now to even let someone outside that building know that I will never play here again, especially if those words have been echoed to that of the greatest of all time, Tom Brady. He's not he's not really playing, especially similar like Mack Crosby, who wants an opportunity to win, and understanding that being at the Las Vegas Raiders he's not going to have an opportunity to win hoping for a move similar to that of Dexter Lawrence in general, where he can go to a contender and hope that things turn out or paning out the way they should, where he can contribute on his side of the ball on defense, he can be an asset to so many different teams that are a piece or two away for MAXI contending and have a chance of reaching that end goal out there.
Speaker 1: And what the difference is that the law was unrestricted free agent, so he chose where he wanted to go. Max Crosby unfortunately, is under contract for another three year, three four years, I'm not sure how long how long Chatty's contract is four, but he's not in that situation and so probably we're gonna want to get him out if they are to trade him. The conversations that they're having O Joe is that we want to get him out of the AFC and we want to get the most bang for our buck. Now, who's gonna give us the most compensation?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I understand that sometimes when you have a relationship, a good relationship with a team, they'll work to send you to a place, maybe to your heart desire, but I'm not so sure that's gonna be the case with this situation. He's one of your better players. He's if you know, I worked with Jason at CBS. Also he's made if that's true. And and and uh. Jay Glazer came on I Show last year and said last week it said Max was was was done with the Raiders, two guys I know pretty well. I know Jason a little better because I worked with him for a number of years. If that's the case, the likelihood of them working with him to send them to his ideal setting probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: O Joe. But I do se Scendario, they're gonna trade him.
Speaker 1: They're gonna put him in the NFC, because I ain't really try to see this man in the AFC, And I damn sure I'm not gonna trade it within my division.
Speaker 2: That's that's an absolute no.
Speaker 1: Note even though some teams, you know, Kansas City, would be more than glad to trade compensation to get him, But I don't see that happening. With that being said, Oh Joe, because he doesn't have he's not underrestricted, and he doesn't have a choice in the matter.
Speaker 2: Of where he goes. It's just hard. He has.
Speaker 1: He signed a three year, one hundred and sixty million dollars contract extensioned in March or twenty five, so he got some years on that contract, O Joe.
Speaker 2: So I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he does, but you have to you have to understand his value. You have to understand his value, especially with Kubia coming over and understanding that there are so many pieces, so many missing holes, so many questions that need answer on that Las Vegas Raiders team that I don't think he will have a problem understanding the value that is MATC Crosby and allowing him to go elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Even if it's to an AFC team.
Speaker 4: What pieces can I get for someone who is as valuable as him at the position and being to continue to build for the future. If I couldn't win with you, then I have no problem winning without you, And I don't get as much.
Speaker 1: I'll lose with you. I can lose without you. I get what you're saying, but I think the thing is normally teams that are most equipped to give up the most are teams, you know, and he doesn't want to go from a losing team to a losing situation. But I believe the Philadelphia Eagles will have something on the table. The Chicago Bears will put something on the table. I don't know if that. I don't know, considering that they just gave Aiden Hutchinson that deal, Jack Campbell's, I don't know if they got Jack Campbell done this last offseason or they're gonna get him done this offseason. Then you know, they got money tied up in Joseph, so they got and then you know, oh, Jamiir Gibbs is due a contract. You took care of Pina sul You took care of Jerry Goff, you took care of James.
Speaker 3: You took care of James.
Speaker 2: But I think me, I think the Bears.
Speaker 1: I think Philly uh would have no problem giving the first and the third and maybe a third next year because he's that good. He's a he's a he's a game altering player. And they don't come around Verry often. And I promise you there's no one in the draft that's as good as Max Crosby.
Speaker 2: And I don't know who they have.
Speaker 1: I don't know how high, who's rated where on the defensive side of football, But I guarantee you there's not a guy coming out in the draft that's better than Max Crosby will be next year in twenty.
Speaker 3: Six, not not even close.
Speaker 4: Come out of the draft, I mean, please, I mean no disrespect to those come out of the draft, but there is nothing like Mac Crosey based on the resume that you know done so far.
Speaker 3: And can you imagine Max Crosby with a star on his helmet?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, who can you imagine Max Crosby with a star on his helmet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I mean with him. I mean, he's a game change. He changes, He's gonna alter wherever defense he goes. And the more talent you have around him, the better he's gonna be. You put him in Philly, you put him in Chicago, or you put him on the Dallas.
Speaker 2: Uh the rape? Could the Raven put a package together or not?
Speaker 1: Now be talking because they need they need a game change and they haven't had a game change in a while.
Speaker 4: Hey listen, I know you haven't said it. And one thing, we haven't had either over there in the five to one to three over there in Cincinnati, yeah, right across right right on the river, we haven't.
Speaker 3: Had a game change.
Speaker 4: Do I see them having the money to be able to take care of matc crosby understanding how much we need on the defensive end as well. We need some pieces at one level. I mean either we gonna get one of the at the first level or the third level. Maybe at the second level, and the first level we need we need to impact players that could make a difference over there on our team as well. Now that the season is done, you can, and you can you kind of look at each team and you can see what teams need, you know, going forward, especially those that already have a quarter back in place to actually give you a chance. Most of the time those answers are going to be impact players on defense, mostly the officers line.
Speaker 3: If you already have a quarterback or impact.
Speaker 1: Receiver, Buffalo, can Buffalo put a package together. I'm just fair because I think the thing, oh Joe, at the end of the day, he wants to win. So who's close to winning, who has a quarterback? The situation at quarterback is stable enough, that's conducive, that gives them a chance to win seven twenty eight until his contracts up. You look at Philip obviously, they just won the Super Bowl last year, so they're equipped. You look at a Chicago got to the divisional round. This their young up and coming team. I think they're a piece away defensively. You mentioned the Cowboys, Buffalo quarterback situation, Cincinnati quarterback situation, Baltimore quarterback situation.
Speaker 2: So I think there are some.
Speaker 1: Places that that have a quarterback in place, have a team that he's gonna instantaneously make make that defense better. So just imagine where the team can play with the lead. So that's what was so impressive about Miles Garrett. There are very few times that his team had to lead. He got twenty three sacks and in eighty five percent of the time they were not time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he putting up numbers like that.
Speaker 1: They're losing by double digits and he's still getting three, four or five sacks in a game. So imagine if they got they're in a situation where they play with the lead and he can just go hunt the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Just go yeah.
Speaker 1: But definitely, Max Crosby is gonna make someone if they traded him. And we're speaking hypothetically because we've heard two inside of say that Max Crosby is not gonna be playing for the Ravers. We here Jason Luncambre says that he's talked to a general manager and that he's relayed this message to minority owner Tom Brady that I'm done with y'all. He didn't take kindly to being benched. Like I've been playing with this bang up me all year. Now all of a sudden, y'all want me to sit out. I can think from y'all for the next ten years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can think of something too. And obviously them continue them mentioning him might be a sign. It might be a sign to him. Listen, we don't want you to get hurt. We want you to want you to sit down. We want you to heal up, to make sure that trade value. We're gonna give you what you want. You requested it. We're gonna give you what you want.
Speaker 3: I want you stay out. I don't want you to get We don't.
Speaker 4: Want to get yourself hurt because we want to get as much as we can back for you.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ooh, that's a good one. That's a good one, especially with the way they plan. Now they get that Ferrari coming out the garage after being down for a little bit with Trevor Lawrence playing.
Speaker 3: Really really good, really good football right now. I like that. I like that, especially on that defense. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: And so he's going to be looking to go. Like I said, he's probably gonna go to one of the teams that we mentioned. The question is who's just going to give us the most compensation because that's what they need.
Speaker 2: They need.
Speaker 1: They need draft picks, they need draft capital they need to build this team. You look at Seattle how they built their team a lot a lot of drafted players. Yeah, you gotta go get a Leonard Williams and yeah, you gotta get a d law to come over in free agency. But you drafted Spoon, you drafted Roland, Yeah, Julian Love came over in free agent free agency. You get lucky. You got really really lucky with Sam Darnold. Because normally the guys that win fourteen games, the other team is not letting them go. It's just not you drafted JSN. You look at the offensive line that they have, they drafted K nine. So sometimes you gotta be a little lucky. But I think the thing is that there are seven or eight teams out there that does have the draft capital to I think to appease the Raiders. And I think of a piece of Max Crosby as well, because I mean officials. For me, I do like when when great players get an opportunity to compete and see themselves, see them on the highest level, just like basketball players. I mean, uh, you want to see a Lebron, you want to see Kadi, You want to see Steph compete on the highest levels, not be fired and mediocrity.
Speaker 2: So mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Or or or being too loyal to stay in one place for a.
Speaker 1: Very well, that was Kevin Garnet. He was loyal to the soul and then he realized that, man, I ain't winning nothing Dame.
Speaker 4: I think that happened to Dame game. Yeah, yeah, it's staying in Portland, you know, a little too long. So I think the Raiders. Look, they got the number one pick in the draft.
Speaker 2: Though Joe.
Speaker 1: Many believe they're gonna go for a quarterback. They believe it's gonna be Mendoza. It's hard to argue that. Like I said, I but they're not a handful of a but a handful of quarterbacks that's you know, I think that are game changers. But we'll see right, all right, we got a bad man, specially you guess joining us. He had a pick six, took it to the house. O, China wasn't a wo suit?
Speaker 2: Did I get it right? I've been trying to say this thing all because I'm like, hold on, I wonder at the end is silent? Did?
Speaker 1: I had to go back and listen to the I listened to the the TV copy when Mike Jurko on the call, but he said the first name, so damn fast. I'm like, well, damn, I get WOA suit. But what's the first name? So China was whoa?
Speaker 3: So hey, you won before? You won before?
Speaker 4: So I need to take this moment so I can get a better a better understanding what it feels like.
Speaker 3: Well, China, you finally won a super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Unk you won multiple super Bowls, so you know what that feeling is already like for You need to let me live vicariously through you and give me an explanation. We all come from different backgrounds, we all got to our end go in different ways. What does it finally feel like to understand all the work you've put in whenever you started playing football? You read the Promised Land, the Plateau, the highest of them all, the biggest game.
Speaker 3: And you finally went one.
Speaker 4: Let tell me what that feels like as if I'm a little kid, because I done played twelve thirteen some years, but I've never ever had the opportunity to had that feeling that you have me right now.
Speaker 3: So just just give.
Speaker 2: It to me growing up?
Speaker 3: My bad?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, my bad. Just hey, let's let's go rewind that. We're gonna rewind that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 4: I got it bad, my bad, give it, give it to me and give it to it straight straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: My bad.
Speaker 5: Well, to be honest with you, man, like, honestly, I'm not feeling how I thought I was gonna feel, just if I'm being honest with you, like real, yeah, it's like I don't know. The coaches have us wired in a way to where like every game is just like another game, right going out there and play it. That's truly how it felt like it was just another game to us, Like we expect to win, We expect to go into every match like you know, we're gonna dominate these guys, and you know it's all said and done. It's like okay, Like what's next you know, we got another game. That's just how it felt. But I'm sure like once I see that, yeah, different. But right now, I don't know. I just don't feel like how I thought I was feeling.
Speaker 6: I don't know, it's.
Speaker 2: Crazy, that's funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not the first guy that I that I've heard say that. But I think the thing for me is that everything as an individual, like Okay, I want to make the Pro Bowl. Oh y'all want to lead the team, or I want to lead the league, or I want to be an All Pro. That's an individual goal, but only one team. You know, there are four guys that make the Pro Bowl for a wide receiver, there are three or three defensive linemen that make the Pro Bowl. As a d lineman, but that can only be one Super Bowl champ. That means for the year, you get the basket, all the glory. And you mentioned you said something very interesting, you like, the coach has us wired that we take one game at a time, and.
Speaker 2: You're like, okay, what's next. But this was the culm nation.
Speaker 1: So going into the week you're like, okay, you watching them on tape because the difference is like you know, you play a regular season game, you watch four games, you watch the last four games then he played. But when you watch this team, you watch everything, you go back from week one, you go to the playoffs. They sprinkled a little preseason in there, and so you guys were locked in from the jump. I mean, yeah, I'm gonna throw that last quarter out because y'all was and y'all, y'all like, okay, let's not get regulars to do anything like that. And they got some the cheap yardist. He threw for the most yards of the single quarter and anybody in the history of the game. And the game was a blowout. So why how were you guys so able to get locked in and just basically have a bead on everything they were doing?
Speaker 5: Man, shout out to coach Mike Man. He's like a nerd when it comes to this football stuff. Man, he's in the lab, man studying hard. He's making sure we're in the right you know, the right calls.
Speaker 6: He's preparing.
Speaker 5: He's got an assistant coaches, you know, making sure we know what's going on. We're on the game plan. We study and every day we watching films. We have about two three four menutes a day were just so locked in. We just communicat we're talking and just the overall, just the whole team is just buying into what was going on. We realized what was that stake. It was a super Bowl, so everybody else was locked in. Man, we just had one mission and one goal over you accomplished it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, with with that goal to accomplish, did you expect to dominate the game the way you dominated it defensively? Because defensively, you guys won that game obviously offensive Kenneth Walker keeping that balance when you need to throw you through. But because you ran the ball so well, simply you were able to control most of the game defensively. You watch, obviously you're going in what you watch film, You see how the pagers look you so how they look in the playoffs, You see how they looked in the regular season, and you take bits and pieces of what you're going to get based on their tendencies. Dude, bro, you dominate the whole game to the point where some people are saying the game was a snooze fast not understanding, No, this.
Speaker 3: Is this is a defensive game. The defense control of the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got a great defense over there. They got a lot of players over there, their their dB number zero. He was playing phenomenal. Milton Williams. They made plays, number thirty three, he made plays. They was just making plays. But we knew, we kind of knew going into this week that you know, we wanted to show that he was gonna be the best defense in the world, which we did, and we had our mindset made up that we're not gonna let these guys come out here and uh, you know, do what they did to all these other teams. We know, get after Drake, may we kill their enery, which is him. They got nothing left, and we made sure we made that happen.
Speaker 1: When I look at you guys on defensive, you're not that complex. Y'all play except y'all play quarters coverage. You'll keep the safety back and y'all you say you're not running the football, and so we won't have to drop a safety down because when I look, yeah, you show something now, y'all brought a lot of slot blissed Spoon.
Speaker 2: You normally see Spoon covering.
Speaker 1: Y'all saw something on tape because y'all brought Spoon a little bit more than I'm used to seeing him now.
Speaker 2: Normally that's a warring.
Speaker 1: He normally comes on, but this time he was back and Spoon was coming. What did y'all see the like, you know what, we can catch him with the slot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you just gotta switch it up.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm sure they go back and they do their Stufuddy, they see we bring Nick a lot with a lot of pressures. So Mike said, you know, guess what, We're gonna bring spoon and spoons a great blissed quick. Spoon is fast man. He can make lineman mens. He can you then he can just get to the quarterback and hurry the same thing with Nick. And so Mike just saw that he switched it up. Nick's a great blitzer, but you know, we switch it up with the spoon, and he made play time.
Speaker 1: He tied those blitz's perfect because when you go, I mean he hit it on a dead run. Every time when they snapped the ball, he was on a dead run. And it's hard because, like you said, they so small. Big lineman used to blocking guys like your feel And so when you get on dB and he doing all this right here, they got no chance.
Speaker 2: They got no chance.
Speaker 4: So hey, hey, one thing I want to say, did coach without you being disrespectful to your opponents, did coach?
Speaker 3: Most of the time you going to a gay plank.
Speaker 4: The game plan you going to a game most of the time, you want to recognize who the fish is and you draw a circle around.
Speaker 3: The fish's head. The fish is the week league.
Speaker 4: Obviously you have five people in the offensive line, but there's always one week link. Based on the game we saw it was three fish and it started from the center going all the way to the left. Was it was that address before the game started, based on what you saw from their office line played throughout the week.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, but instead of fish we call it.
Speaker 5: We call it so we knew from the center all the way to the to the their left. All right, the two rookies we gotta we gotta take advantage of right, Okay, you're down the road, they'll be you know, good players will developed. But going into this game, we couldn't let that slide.
Speaker 1: We get and the thing when you get a push, you don't let him off the hook. And I saw because they ended up putting d law d Laud. Normally Russians on the office offensive right side the defensive left side there like d lost and let me get some of this man, y'all over there.
Speaker 2: Don't even bite me, a young fellow.
Speaker 1: But when Spoon came on that blitz and you were right there because they made the mistakes because Spoon got through the guy block, you is Spoon just closed so quick because he was getting ready to throw, and you were Johnny on the spot. So when you see Spood hit his arm and the balls up in there, what's going through your mind?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: I just just reacting. Honestly, I didn't even think. I just caught the ball and just took off running. Look left and right. Hope I ain't get caught on dB.
Speaker 2: All was good.
Speaker 6: I was out of there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you gotta think like he did it feel like you was running it?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, did it feel like he was running this little motion like you're running a quick saying even though nobody was around you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's weird because that was my first time like being in that position, like catching it like you received right, you gotta do it all the time. But me, I'm like, oh, okay, this is how it is. I'm just going ahead and not fall front out of bounds. Let me not do something you ain't have no celebration set up you. I mean you got to have a celebration.
Speaker 1: Like, man, if I get a scooping score, I get a pick six, I get something, I gotta do something.
Speaker 5: You ain't have nothing playing or being from Los Angeles, I usually hit my squabble. I'm sure you guys heard that before the scribble.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, things were just moving so fast, and I was like, man, let me just celebrate with my teammates and just you know, because we got to go back on defense again, so.
Speaker 1: You guys, doesn't look I was I was thinking like, man, they might not score. This might be a situation. So because first half, nothing, third, I mean basically through three quarters, and then did it dawn on you at any point in time say you know what, man, we might shut these guys out. Hey guys, man, let's see if we can push this shut out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly what we're saying on sidelines, like yo, keep that goose sagging up there.
Speaker 6: Don't let them score. Don't let them score.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: They they was able to move down the field. They got that.
Speaker 5: Bomb on to Mac to Mac Collins, and they got that scrambled pass to Stevenson coming out in the gold Line area. But we tried, man, we really tried to push that shut out. That would have been a great accomplishment of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And plus when you think about Seattle, obviously the Legion of Boot. Uh, you know you got Shearm and you got Earl Thomas, and you got those guys be waged and you got that. But you guys are establishing a Danny on your own. Yeah, everybody's gonna remember a historic defense. They will get remembered. But you started something on your guys own. You call you GUYSLF what's thismob the dark Side?
Speaker 6: Uh, the dark Side?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dark said, I'm a part of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just something that we just try to bring, you know, our own identity. Of course, we respect the Legion of Boom and what they've done, so we just kind of try to, you know, integrate our own way of life, our own thing MOB which stands for Mission over BS and something on the team came up with and.
Speaker 6: It's something that stuck.
Speaker 5: It's like our creed, something that we made by and the Dark Side is just something that the defense is just incorporated and something we just built on.
Speaker 1: I look at you guys get Ernest Jones. Ernest Jones was traded like twice in a single season. You get big Leonard Williams, yourself, you come over from the Chargers.
Speaker 2: When you look at.
Speaker 1: This team and how you guys Dlaw came over in previously, and you look at how this team is instructed, you guys are built.
Speaker 2: You guys are built. That that doesn't guarantee you because you know, every year is different.
Speaker 1: Because we said the same thing about the Eagles, that the Eagles are gonna be back, and boy, look out the blad YadA YadA a lot. It's gonna be different because everybody's gonna break your guys down there. It's like, okay, look they like to keep them safe. This back, we've got to run the football. So it's gonna be a different year. But the guys, the way you're constructed, you guys are built the last you got a young football team, you got a hungry coach, and I think you got a group of hungry young men. What's your mindset going into the offseason, because I'm sure you need some time of waid.
Speaker 2: It's been a.
Speaker 1: Grind for five months, six months, it's been a grind. You want to get away from it. But when when will you start getting in back into it and when will you start like, okay, start getting into the group chat, start talking to the guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the plan for next season?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you said, you definitely want to get away. It's been a long season. This is my first time playing this long. It's everybody's first time really playing this long except for a couple guys Coop and EJ. But you definitely relaxed in our bodies right, and it starts with OTAs because that's where it started for us last year. You know, we made up that that identity that we want to starting O t A's and build who we are. Start that brotherhood that that creed, that togetherness, that camaraderie that we build all starts in O t A's offseason workouts, everybody showing up being there for each other, and that's where we start to build this thing for next year.
Speaker 1: He had an unbelievable game, Zack Pick took it to the house. Got so excited. You got a celebration World chap Seahawks for gentle NUWOSU enjoy it. That ring is gonna be something crazy because it seems like every year your goal is the top from the previous year. You saw what the Eagles look back. I'm sure Jason, Jason Beverly Hills is on speed down because I know the Hey, God, ring might be this side, right, he might be.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're gonna be able to lift your hand to hold that big old piece of rock.
Speaker 6: I got a question now, Yeah, yellow gold or white diamonds?
Speaker 2: White?
Speaker 3: White, white? It is clean.
Speaker 2: It's something about that white. It's something about that white gold.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Okay, we was designed that the leaders on the on the team that we should go with. But I'm gonna go by Youah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that white is gonna beautiful.
Speaker 4: Listen, I never want to ring as someone that as is that's somewhat of a jewey jewelry connoisseur.
Speaker 3: It's gonna it's gonna stand out.
Speaker 2: Well. Congratulations man, and enjoy.
Speaker 1: If you get an opportunity, well, your guys are probably always you guys are back in Seattle. Not right, yeah, yeah, got back. You have an exit? Did you have an exit today or is it tomorrow? Okay, all right, if you get an opportunity to e j tell him come back and join us. Because he told us you win the Bowl, you're gonna come back, so we expect you come back for sure.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Back.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, great job, great season, continue success, my brother, thanks Fell, appreciate you.
Speaker 4: You know what I think, you know, I think a lot of people don't realize, is you look at some of the some of the some of the sports figures that we've had on the show, or some of the people that we have in the show in general.
Speaker 3: You understand, you do?
Speaker 4: You see if you do your homework, chat see the luck and the success that everyone that has come on the show in their respective crafts. And I'm not saying it's because they came on Nightcap. I'm just saying maybe it's some type of coincidence. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but everyone that comes in the show has some type of success in whatever it is that they're doing in life.
Speaker 3: And I just find that, like, you know, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think everybody came on. I think the team at least made the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, except except.
Speaker 2: Thornton came on and didn't make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: But you look at Jalen Johnson and the and the what do you call them, they made the playoffs, the Bears, Lennard Williams came on.
Speaker 2: EJ came on.
Speaker 1: Uh uh, the guy that plays opposite the Verse or the Rams, he came on. So yeah, you come on. No guarantee, but they're a great probability in all likelihood. Yeah, yeah, a veteran quarterback to the roster, and rumors are first Cousins Kirk Cousins could be back in Minnesota. The Falcons are expected to cut Cousins before the new league year begins in March. Ojo, do you want to see Cousins back in Minnesota?
Speaker 4: I think it would be dope. I think it would be great. I think it'd'd be great for Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Obviously I had appearance with Justin Jefferson with with Lowe's and San Francisco before before I got home, and the news had already broke, the rumors that already broke a across the ticker on ESPN about them the Falcons releasing Kirk Cousins. At some point and I asked at JJ, you know, how would you feel about that. Listen, the more people in the quarterback room, the marrier, you know, having that veteran presence would be good. J. J.
Speaker 2: McCarthy out.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously I know that because we know what Justin Jefferson was able to do with Kirk Cousins. We know Kirk Cousins at the Ham at that quarterback was this who already knows that offense. You know what the number is gonna look like during the regular season, you know, you know what they.
Speaker 2: Gonna be like.
Speaker 1: Might sojoin the proseason, but JJ will have one hundred and fifteen catches, sixteen.
Speaker 4: Seventeen, sixteen hundred, Yeah, yeah, yeah, most definitely, So with him with with with JJ understanding that and really being PC with his answer to me, he was he was, he was cheering for both quarterbacks. And if Kirk Cousins has the opportunity to come back, listen, more quarterbacks in the quarterback room, the better for us as a team collectively. But I mean, I think it's cool. I think it makes the most sense. It's a it's an offense that Kirk is familiar with. You saying he might be J. J. McCarthy out, Let's say he doesn't be. J. J. McCarthy out. It's a good veteran presence to have in that in that locker room, and if JJ starts playing bad, they won't have any problem. They won't have any issues, you know, making that switch and making that change at any point if they feel they have an opportunity to can to contend.
Speaker 1: And maybe one of the reasons they moved on from Donald they knew Donnad would beat him out. O Joe, if I bring a veteran in, oh, a veteran in, I got to bring one that can't win the job.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If I bring a veteran in oo and he good? I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't, O Joe. I didn't like this signing from Atlanta from day one. I didn't know, and I said it.
Speaker 4: I said, Oh, Joe, the best they needed, they needed security blanket.
Speaker 1: I'm saying for Atlanta, oh what they had, what they had to sign him for coming off that injury. I said, the best you could possibly hope for, you hoping that the man gives you two years. But what if he only gives you one and then you go draft a quarterback that high. You drafted a quarterback that already had multiple injuries.
Speaker 2: I don't. It didn't make a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 1: And Matt Ryan's it didn't make he was noncamental to Pennick Junior, like, well, you know, hey, we know I see him up there all the time. I'm in you know, I'm in the building often, and and and and I know he's working hard. That wasn't no commitment. That didn't know yet he's our quarterback.
Speaker 4: But you all still have to understand Matt Ryan knows what you need. Matt quarter he's a he's a yeah, he's an evaluator of talent. He knows what it's supposed to look like, and he knows what you need to get over the hump. And obviously not winning a Super Bowl, but going to one.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight three lead, all they had to do was run the football. Run the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that wasn't That wasn't his fault. That wouldn't There wasn't much he could do in that situation because he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: If I got a twenty eight three lead. There is no way in hell the team that has three have more rush A Temps in the second half than me.
Speaker 2: Me let that sink in the team.
Speaker 1: That's losing twenty eight three got more Russia teamps than the team winning twenty eight three.
Speaker 2: Make it make sense.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: But I tell you what, who didn't make that mistake?
Speaker 1: Clint Koby can't make that mistake, Diddy, I'll give damn you a I understand. I'm sorry, Hey, okay, down, I'm sorry you lost three yards, but we go head it to your gain. Yeah, exactly because I've got to because that's time t tick, because you throw it incomplete closs off the clock. If I run the ball, if I get one first down on yo, I'm gonna take damn near three minutes off the clock with one first down.
Speaker 2: Don't let me get two or three. And that's all they needed to do.
Speaker 1: What Hey, that happened many many years ago. But yeah, I definitely think the Vikers the viculum of kicking themselves. They saw Sam Donald. Now that's not to say Sam Donald would have led them, I'm not saying that, but Sam.
Speaker 2: Donald was better than what you had.
Speaker 1: You make the I believe you make the playoffs with Sam Donald, and now with that, you take Sam Donald away from the Seahawks. Now they've got to go in a different direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So not only do I build I build myself up, O Joe, I weakened an opponent because at the end of the day, ND that what I'm trying to do. Yes, I'm trying to. I'm trying to win. It's like I'm in court. I'm yes, I'm trying to. I'm trying to make a very compelling argument from my client. But I'm also trying to punch holes in the prosecution or the defense.
Speaker 2: Right, So if I can do two things, I'm cool. I got it. You don't mm hmm.
Speaker 3: You know what I think.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying they would have won the Super Bowl, but I think offensively that defense over there in Minnesota was good enough, especially with Brian Floyes calling that defense.
Speaker 3: He didn't have the legion, he didn't have the legion of Boom, he didn't have the.
Speaker 4: Dark side similar to that of the Seattle Seahawks and the and the defense they have.
Speaker 3: But the pieces that he did have, he always put him in the right.
Speaker 1: They can get off the quarterback now that no there they were. They weren't as formidable as the Seahawks, but with a different quarterback now maybe they're playing more this.
Speaker 2: I mean, you think about it.
Speaker 1: Sam Donald tied for the league league in interceptions, I mean for turnovers. So imagine if they didn't have to defend as much as they had to defend.
Speaker 2: They had to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you saw him yesterday, you saw them in the postseason. I think they're the first team in postseason history to go the entire postseason, a minimum of three games and not turn the ball over.
Speaker 4: Hey, and that that that that was the issue. That's all we wanted to know, though, Can he do it? Can he keep the ball out of the other team's hand? And that's my only concern they would have. They would have an opportunity.
Speaker 2: They got it.
Speaker 1: Look, there are a handful of teams. I look at Houston, I look at Seattle, and I look at the Broncos. They had defenses that could win you a game. All I need the offense to do, not to do is if it up. You go back and look at Houston. What did the offense do in New England?
Speaker 2: It up up? What did the offense for the Broncos do in Denver? If it up?
Speaker 1: Seattle's offense didn't monk it up for the defense and they're the world champ for a reason. Yeah, and that's what you have. That's compromentary football. They didn't put the ball on the ground, they didn't give, they didn't give put their defense and harms way oh Yo, giving them short feels they didn't give Scooper scores pick sixes and okay, good luck driving the ball seventy five eighty yards on this defense. You might get one. But if you think you about to make a living going twelve thirteen plays, taking seven to eight minutes off.
Speaker 2: The clock, okay, live me know how didn't work out for you at end of the.
Speaker 3: Game, not having not against that defense.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: But uh, I can see Cousins going back. I don't know where he's gonna live. I don't even I mean, I'm assuming he's from Michigan. He went to Michigan State, so I'm assuming he's from somewhere Michigan in the Midwest.
Speaker 2: He seems more of.
Speaker 1: A Minnesota Michigan type of guy as opposed to it Atlanta type of a guy. Uh, but I understood Minnesota moving on because he towards a he towards Achilles.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, I can't give you.
Speaker 1: I mean, Atlanta basically gave him fifty million dollars coming off on the tour. A guy that's non mobile, that's coming off an achilles injury.
Speaker 4: No, hey, hold on, and now is it he's a year removed from Yeah, another year removed from Yeah.
Speaker 3: So he'll be that, he'll be that.
Speaker 2: He's familiar.
Speaker 1: He's spent what three four years in that system with Kevin O'Connor, so he knows it, you know, just unlearned, you know, the two years that he was in Atlanta and learned that won't take long because I remember when I went to Baltimore having to learn a new system. When I got back to Denver, Oh Joe, in like three or two or three days, I'm good. I was absolutely good. But uh, Minnesota, they can use a vetter. You said that he was a veteran presence. But at the end of the day, J. J. McCarthy's gonna have to become something oyo because you gave him got to It's not like, say, oyo, he got four million dollars in incentives, Oh Joe, you could have tied. You could put that Minnesota could have gave those same incentives. You could have gave him those same incentives. If Sam Donald it's thirty three, maybe I could give Sam Donald probably only like twenty six, twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't think that they didn't want to keep him on because they knew he wasn't gonna be He wasn't gonna beat Sam out. It wasn't gonna make no sense. It wasn't gonna make no sense, especially coming off the season. He just had no Let's go ahead and get rid of him. Let's go ahead and get rid of him. Let JJ McCarthy take the handbody looking.
Speaker 1: Over his shoulder the draft, You ain't gonna be looking over your shoulder because what you call him, Sam Donald's gonna be in front of you. You look over your shoulder with something behind you, Sam's gonna be in front That man won fourteen games, won, Joe, Hell, I think you went to the Pro Bowl last year. Slam's twenty eight? So hello, how old JJ McCarthy. J McCarthy probably twenty four. So we'll see how this thing plays out. Hey, this is what they all season for. Uh, there's gonna be a lot of moving and shaking. O Yoe, I think we canna have a season where a lot of turnover. Yeah, JJ is twenty three, Damn, that's it.
Speaker 2: You know he came out early.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right. God me, he going into his thirty year right year. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if you don't red shirt, Yeah, you're gonna come out it at twenty one twenty two because I didn't red shirt, so I got drafted at twenty one, turned twenty two in June. If you red shirt, you're gonna probably be twenty three. Now. If you red shirt and still come out or you know what I'm saying. Sometimes you red shirt and come out as a as a as a sophoboy, you know what I'm saying. So we'll see, we'll see how that, uh, how that plays out for him. But the Minnesota but they blew that one