Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: Before we start the show, we have somebody that is very knowledgeable here, and I thought it'd be a good idea for him to just have a few minutes to kind of educate that's what's going on. Can we bring Can we bring the gentleman up?
Speaker 2: Come on over man, we're gonna we're gonna ship you never know, you never know who you're gonna see.
Speaker 1: Get over there.
Speaker 3: I think we gotta moved the other way. There you go. There you go, Shock up, boss, ladies, Shock up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, mind everything day you need to be in gun and you know, you know how the weather is, you know how everything is. So I know your cold over there. I see what you were I promise you.
Speaker 3: So all right, So Shaka, like I said, I just wanted to get a couple of minutes to kind of talk about some economic issues that's been going on in the continent. And you kind of an expert on this because you've been on the on the ground level. So this is market mondays and we do talk about finances, so I think it's appropriate to talk about what's going on in Congo. So can you can you kind of just educate our audience for people that might not be fully educated on what's going on in Congo right now and why why it's important.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that you know, we realize in the last ten fifteen years that now oil has been surpassed in value by data. Data is more for the most part, data is more valuable than oil. Oil used to be the metric, used to be gold. Then it was oil. Now it's data. And people want as many data points as they can on people to sell them products, right, and data servers, crypto and all of these things are being created by African minerals and we've been sold this very poetic story about Wakanda and how you know there's this place in Central Africa which is full of vibranium and it's Congo. And right now what we have is we have in Africa that should really be a United States of Africa a USA, but it's very disparate and very separate in the way that it does business and it just trade. So like, for instance, if you want to go and speak to the USA, you got to speak to the whole of the USA. That's nearly four hundred million people or how many people as there. If you want to go and speak to Africa, you can speak to a country as small as Lusutu or a country as small as Ghana, which is thirty million people, right and you'll be having a China speak to them. That's one point four billion people speaking to a country of thirty million people. So obviously they have a lot easier way of being able to bargain. And what happened is with Congo in particular, is that when the smartphone was invented, the minerals that were needed for the smartphone came from Congo, and so that was what happened in nineteen ninety eight when Congo was invaded and between nineteen ninety eight and two thousand and three, six million people died as a result of that grab for minerals. And you have a country like Rwanda which has been historically the agents for their clients in your Europe who under the guise of and you know, you see people like John Legend who clearly don't care about genocide, going and performing a few days ago Global Citizen in Rwanda. But then you have people like you have sisters like Thames who were canceling their concerts because they understand that the geopolitical, geostrategic battle that's going on in Africa right now is based on African resources. And I give you an example. When I was in Congo in twenty twenty two, so I've been going to Congo for nearly ten years now. When I was in Congo in twenty twenty two, Rwanda was exporting five hundred and forty million dollars worth of gold, bearing in mind they don't have no gold right but now Rwanda's exporting one point six trillion dollars of gold and they're projected to export annually, sorry one point six billion dollars of gold and they're projected to export annually three billion dollars worth of gold. Congo produces one hundred and sixty thousand tons of cooltan and of cobo each year. Right the rest of the world combined is doing about forty thousand tons. So it coltan is what is used for mobile phones and CPU process in units. Cobot is what is used for batteries for evs. So now you have all of these countries in Europe who are basically saying, hey, we want to catch up with China and we want to produce a bunch of electric vehicles. So they're building these gigafactories. They need all these minerals from Congo. So Rwanda signed an MoU agreement to provide those minerals for the rest of Europe to be able to do this. And then at the same time, they don't have these mines. So what do they do. They invade and they occupy a mine called Rubaya, which is the biggest cobot producing mine in the world. And all of a sudden, they've got record exports of this mineral. So whereas being touted as this is being touted as an African civil war because you know, when it's like a black on black crime. They created this racist term. We never say white on white crime. Right, They created this black on black crime in America to try and dehumanize black Americans. They created tribalism and tribes in Africa to dehumanize Africa. So if it's a tribal war, it's like, well, you know, they're killing each other, so it doesn't really matter where. I'm looking on my phone this morning and I'm seeing twenty young guys being executed in Congo by these twenty three soldiers who are being portrayed almost as liberators of ethnic Banya Malenge Tutsis in Congo. But the reality is they're there for minerals. It's all follow the money game. And Congo has been destabilized for all of this time just for the specific reason of me minerals. No, there's no other reason to kill that many people indiscriminately. And where we saw a few weeks ago, three thousand people killed in like three days or four days, like my village in Congo, that they came into the village in Congo. Everybody had to get out of the village in Congo. Thank god, all the kids are back and everybody safe, but they also had emptied a prison of five four thousand people and one hundred and sixty women were raped and burned to death. So these things that are happening are happening in almost silence and secrecy. But really the whole thing is just a minerals game. In Europe and China and everybody else is Tascit complicit because they know if the situation stays the way the situation is, then they'll be able to keep getting a free stream of African minerals.
Speaker 2: So this is when you talk about foul the money, and we talk about investments in the Magnificent seven and all these these tech companies, whether it's from a GPU standpoint, a CPU standpoint, data centers, that's on the surface. But in order for them to have those products, it's kind of goes down the line to the place on the planet that has probably every mineral on the planet Earth exists in Congo.
Speaker 1: Correct, it's only two that doesn't have a Californium and moscovium. So every mineral on the period periodic table apart from those two, Congo has in abundance.
Speaker 2: So this is one of these humanitarian situations and I want to get into that, because we've been around each other a lot, but I've never heard the root of it. Obviously, the work that you're doing in Congo. We're here in Ghana, you have a school here, You're working in Ethiopia. When did the humanitarian efforts start for you?
Speaker 1: You know? I never I had this idea before. A Black Panther movie of Africa was Wakanda. That was my I was like, I was raised Rasta and I was raised with this back to Africa and Marcus Garvey mentality. So I always believed that Africa was our motherland. Like I thought that was when I get there, you know, it's going to be the Promised Land and people are rich and everything is cool. And I only started doing this work in Congo in particular because I heard a story of a woman called Mama Masika who she was raped by twenty two guys before she passed out, and her husband was chopped up and killed in front of her, and then she was raped on top of her husband. I'd never heard anything that crazy in my life. I was like, hang on, this happens on earth, Like how can this happen? Like how can you even be aroused by like that type of destruction of a woman. And when I heard that story, and I googled which is the richest country in the world, and Congo came up. And then I googled which is the poorest country in the world. Congo came up as well. So like GDP, Congo's annual GDP per capita is five hundred and fifty dollars, but there's twenty four. Oh well, I say, forget twenty four. Twenty four trillion is the old number. It's like forty trillion dollars worth of mineral resources in the ground. Because of the way that you know that the resources, especially resources that are sought after, appreciate over time. Now these resources are becoming more and more valuable, and so how can the richest country in the world be the poorest country in the world at the same time. And this continues in and along the lines of the rhetoric of Africa is a bread basket for the rest of the world, but can't feed itself. So I just was like, all right, cool, how can I go and help this woman and her family because I've saw what happened to her. And I did a boxing match. I used to boxing. I was a military I did a boxing match and I took the money to go and give to her family to just That was the beginning of my journey in Africa. I'd always done things in the hood in Leads where I grew up in. I did various things in London as well. So I did stuff in my own community, first fitness, health, wellness, those type of things. But then I was like, I need to go over to Africa and see how I can be of use. But when I got here to Africa, I realized how many people are exploiting in Africa, whether it's the politicians, whether it's the NGOs, neocolonialism. I've never seen anything like the amount of exploitation here as anywhere else in the world. So it started for me with that. But where I'm at now it's like sustainable business, I think is the only way to do things.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christinoman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,