Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama. Girl, drama girl, all about them high school queens.
Speaker 3: We'll take you for a ride.
Speaker 2: And our comic girl cheered for the right teams.
Speaker 4: Drama Queens, je up girl fashion, but your tough girl.
Speaker 5: You could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queens, Drama, Queens Drama, Drahna Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, listen, Sophia, you're in charge of this intro because.
Speaker 5: The rest of us are too intimidated. She's here.
Speaker 3: Hey, did you just say intimidated?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 5: Daphne? We're so happy that you're here.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 4: Friends, Drama, Queen's family, listeners. We are here to talk about season five, episode four, and we have none other than the icon Victoria Davis, daphney'soon. You go with us, and we are finally to season Daphney, it has taken so long to get here.
Speaker 5: That's just what we've been I'm waiting for the whole time. We've just been waiting to get you.
Speaker 4: And you are such a champion because when we went on tour, we were like, listen, we're not there yet. But please come. We miss you so much. Will you come to New York?
Speaker 3: And you do it so fun?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: So fun?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm doing well.
Speaker 8: You look fantastic.
Speaker 7: You're going to do everything online in this world. It's nice to have a ring light and filters and all. You can figure it out.
Speaker 5: Where are you in the world right now?
Speaker 3: I'm in La? Yeah, let me guess, Nashville, upstate New York? Are you La? Or are you London? Aren't you doing a play in London? I'm in London? You are already?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think are we checking all time zones right now?
Speaker 5: We've got our time zones covered, ladies.
Speaker 4: We're international.
Speaker 3: We Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sofia has a wine o'clock. You're probably still drinking coffee.
Speaker 4: It's ten pm here. I'm having a glass of red wine.
Speaker 3: I have a green juice. I'm so boring.
Speaker 8: It's three forty nine. Can I go get a glass of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: A little, Yes, you can.
Speaker 4: Daphy, did you just hold up a macha No?
Speaker 3: I hold up a grain juice, A green juice.
Speaker 7: I've heard it had two coffees and I'm trying to cut down, so green juice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Daphne, you are so iconic when you come into the show and you just hid it right away. There's no build up. You're just like here I am, I am in charge. The rest of you are minions world.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And did you feel that, like as an actress, like you little dummies want to see how it's done, or like how do you prepare your brain to come in like a tornado?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, I've been thinking about this for so long. The truth is no.
Speaker 7: The truth is I remember being on the phone with discussing this character, and when he said, you're going to come in you're the you know, Sophia's mother, You're going to be running this fashion umpany and you know, I.
Speaker 3: Misheard him because I heard.
Speaker 7: Something like you know, you're gonna have lines like you know, zero's not a size, And somehow I turned around that I'm going to be this really supportive mother.
Speaker 4: It seems like it's great.
Speaker 7: And then I said maybe I can say, like, you know, honey, it's not what you look like he's and there's silence and.
Speaker 3: Then he goes, uh, no, you're the villain.
Speaker 7: You fire people because they're not skinny enough you And I'm like, excuse me, And so I have to kind of really jump on.
Speaker 3: Board and say, oh, well, as long as someone's going.
Speaker 7: To say zero is not a sign, right, right, you know, but I get to play the villain in that whole story. At least the story is going to be ultimately positive for young women, right. So anyway, then I get on the set and I think my first day, in my first scene was so if.
Speaker 3: We were in the limo with.
Speaker 7: That guy Johan, I think Johan it was.
Speaker 3: His name was swot At Sweetheart.
Speaker 5: He was one of the Knicks. His character was one of the Knicks.
Speaker 3: And so I remember.
Speaker 7: UH was nearby and I did my line like get out, you're not actually sleeping with her, and I just remember it comes up and he's like, yeah, can you do it meaner? So I had, I had like it took some effort to save these lines and literally to this daughter right and her friends, who I knew that it was season five.
Speaker 3: I knew I hadn't been around for years for this girl, and but you know, when like the jobs on the line, you just like muster up.
Speaker 7: And then I went and I feel like that's when I met you, Hillary.
Speaker 5: Because I got the full.
Speaker 7: Victoria I'm going and I remember like being in you know, being in the being on set and Joy, there was a scene in the Studio Music studio, and I remember saying things like I was like, Okay, I gotta stay here, and she's got to stay here. Then we got to go there, and I remember being in the makeup trailer and you know, there's no cameras.
Speaker 3: You're like, but I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It around to people, you know, like excuse me, Hello, do I get any attention and stuff like that, like to the makeup girls and they're like, and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, excuse me. I maybe number twelve on the call sheet, but hello, I love that.
Speaker 8: But that requires so much vulnerability and trust of the people around you, especially in environments when not everyone's going to understand exactly what you're doing. People are freaked out by actors processes all the time.
Speaker 7: I know, I know it wasn't fair, Joy, I have to say, because it's not like I was like, Okay, I'm going to be must getting into this, because it's this is a thing. If you don't, I need to somehow stay in it.
Speaker 3: And play in the environment because there's so much waiting and sitting.
Speaker 7: Around and that it's hard to go from zero to sixty when you have lines like, dear, you know you can't do this, That's why.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it. You haven't done anything, and to all of you, every single one of you, it could have come across really fake.
Speaker 7: So I just that's how I had to somehow, And I think I hugged you a lot in between, probably.
Speaker 3: Not you, Hillary. I didn't know you well enough.
Speaker 6: Can I just tell you, Daphne, I thought about this today when I knew you were coming on you guys there. I had to still fly to New York all the time for work. I was like still doing stuff at MTV every once in a while. And there was one bright and early morning where Daphnie and I both got on the same little flight from Wilmington to New York and I hid because I was so scared of her and I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I was like, should I say hi? I'm not going to say hi.
Speaker 6: She doesn't want to talk, but maybe she wants to talk to it look rude if I talked. I had no idea what to do, and it was perfect because I've done a lot of parent stuff on the show, Like I think, out of all of our characters, Chad.
Speaker 5: And I probably had the most like parent work to do.
Speaker 6: And I know what it's like to be too buddy buddy with the person that's like playing your authority figure. And so it was good that I was terrified of you, Daphne, because I think all the stuff we have together has that real awkwardness that is like built into it. Because then, you know, once I left the show and we started going to conventions, you and I sat down at.
Speaker 5: That restaurant in Paris and we were like, let's do this. Are you kidding, Let's get weird.
Speaker 3: We had some conversation.
Speaker 7: I still think of that's great advice. I won't say it online, but it was great advice. But I you know, also I have to say that just aligned you know that we have Peyton, You know, when it's like, oh, well you never had a mother, that's clear all that evil stuff. I mean to be honest, I didn't because I didn't know you for some I know, I got to know because I think you left for some point, right, so I got to know these two. But I just felt like there was something. I was like, I'm just going to use this. Oh I know what I was going to say. I also, you guys thought Oh, I'm going to be comfortable because I've worked for so long and I'm, you know, a.
Speaker 3: Parent, blah blah blah.
Speaker 7: But I was, you know, it's hard to come into a show that's been on for all those years. You guys knew each other so well, the crew, everything, and so there was a kind of a new girl in town that I was also protecting with Victoria, like, I don't care if I'm the new girl in town.
Speaker 3: Get the ottom storry.
Speaker 8: Yeah it's okay, Well you can cuss on our show.
Speaker 5: It's fine, but you know.
Speaker 4: What daff I will say. It was so I mean, in my memory clear to everyone that you were working like you were focused and working, and it was cool to watch because yeah, sure you might go like hello, can I get a little attention over here? But then you would laugh and you would make everyone laugh and everyone was like, wait, she is doing like it felt it felt like being backstage at like SNL and watching the comedians BRep. You're going, oh my god, she's doing a bit and it's so funny, and it became I don't know, it just became so fun for all of us to watch because we were so enamored with the fact that you were going to come and join our show. We couldn't believe Daphne's unigo was coming.
Speaker 8: On the show.
Speaker 4: I was like, I finally get a mom and it's Daphne. Was amazing and it was it was such a big deal, and you did. You humanized it and you made it funny and you're not wrong. I mean, you hugged me when the cameras weren't rolling all the time. And I think the closeness you and I created so fast allowed us to kind of be riskier with each other as performers. Yeah, I think so when you're working with someone who you're actually scared of, it can really make you close up as an actor. And when you feel safe, you get open. And I just I remember how much fun I had with you, but I remember how much of a of a kind of relief it was as well to have someone of your caliber come in and you know, care for us and tell us we weren't crazy, and give us great advice and like do all of the things. You were there for the highest highs and the lowest lows, and we we had a lot of highs together and it was so cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, I felt very naturally, I'm very young at heart, like I'm very young and side, so I feel like to your age than I think I numerically am.
Speaker 5: We feel that though you're the mother, you're the mother. Had you ever played a mom before?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd played moms, but they were like, you know, eleven tops like my mom.
Speaker 8: How did you justify as we you know, we just watched the episode and you're you're I mean, every single person that you meet, you've got something to cut them down right just right below the knees, And how did you justify? I would love to know more because I've never asked you this, but I would love to know more about Victoria and what kind of a character you crafted and backstory that you crafted for her that you felt you could justify that behavior because you did it in such a way that was not caricature. It wasn't typical villainy it was it was very grounded and human and we still loved you anyway, And so I'm just fascinated. I'd love to know.
Speaker 7: Well, for the character, I had to say it to myself, Okay, what do I love more than anything my career?
Speaker 3: Me Daphne?
Speaker 7: And if I had gotten pregnant and had to give up my career.
Speaker 3: I just had to feel into that a lot. And already my body gives chills.
Speaker 7: It's okay to get pregnant, you know, two of you have children and you know, but and then be forced in that era, maybe in that time, in that town, to give.
Speaker 5: Up the career.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what I used. So I decided that Victoria had she wanted to see the world, she wanted to do. You know, she was a career woman, she was smart, she was a smart woman. And this town and ironically, I could use the fact that when I was fifteen, we moved from the San Francisco Bay Area where I was going to act American Conservatory Theater, Young Conservatory. I've been doing plays. My friends were getting agents. I already knew what.
Speaker 7: I wanted, and we moved to a tiny town in Vermont, New England, five hundred, population five hundred, no theater department.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like the Waltons.
Speaker 5: It was like the Waltons staffy. You were churning butter.
Speaker 3: I was like, where's John Boy?
Speaker 7: Like literally there was a town hall, no sidewalks, one gas shump.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I thought I went crazy. I thought, oh my.
Speaker 7: God, and I hated my mother and I had to get a theater department started at my high school, which I did.
Speaker 3: But so I could use that.
Speaker 7: Very visceral if you have something that you think is who you are and the only way you can live in this world, and it's like your oxygen. Like I've always had that with acting, I've never want anything else.
Speaker 3: And if so, if Victoria had that with seeing the world and proving herself and being somebody and making money and doing like the men do, maybe she had a very tough dad.
Speaker 7: And then someone says you're pregnant and no, no.
Speaker 3: Well this is the result of that. She's my no. And so the only way that that Victoria can do life and okay, I'm gonna And she probably took off.
Speaker 4: She wasn't around because.
Speaker 3: She was seeing the world and she was doing her thing. And so that's joy to answer your question. When I would see Brooke, you know, it was like, well, let's do this together. Then you know, I can have a child and we'll do this, and she kept and then she drags me back to this dump of a town and I'm like, you're not going to do this to me. Twice are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: And you Peyton and you whatever your name is with the bait, you know, like you know it's not going to happen.
Speaker 3: So it was more out of a desperation. And then and I've also felt like she just very much of protection is she has to look down on people, her.
Speaker 7: Clothes have to look good. I am not you, I'm out of here. I'm Madison Avenue. You know, say I'm Rose like I have nothing.
Speaker 4: It's like an armor. Yeah, it's how she protects herself in the world. And you know what what I caught because we've been talking now for the last few episodes, you know, the last one we finally revealed that Victoria's Brooks mom, I'm not going yes you are mother like ah and and in this episode, knowing that there were going to be all these singers at the party, and we did a full spit take when you said, when Victoria says to Lucas, oh, you're one of my daughter's ill forgotten love interests, we like died. But what I was prepared for those. I was so excited to see those, the one I'd forgotten that really hit me for exactly the reasons you're sharing with us. I could see all of this backstory on your face. Was when you said to me, after you're making it clear that you've designed this failure, You've prepped for Houston, You've done the work to make sure I don't want to stay in this town, and you say, beautiful things die in tree Hills.
Speaker 8: Oh that line.
Speaker 6: Yeah wow, because it's personal.
Speaker 4: It was your whole life and all of what that that sentiment is filled with is you know, in a way now Brooks to carry for her mom. And it just makes their relationship so clear with so little exposition. And I thought it was phenomenal writing and I thought you acted it so beautifully, like it took my breath away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that the stakes were that high. And also so then add on that she has to walk.
Speaker 7: This line because as you do say you know like you don't, you don't have to go back. I can't force you to go back, right, So then she has to think, well, I can't just drag her out of here because and these are her friends and if she knows inside, they're going to win and you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna do what you want. So she has to make this thing happen behind the scenes, right about.
Speaker 7: Bringing in all she knows no one can buy these clothes. You know, you guys can like these people can maybe afford a twenty one.
Speaker 6: We even gasped when Haley said I'm twenty one in this episode.
Speaker 5: We were like, oh my god. I was like what what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Dapdy, you did forty episodes forty one episodes of our show. Did you ever get an apartment in Wilmington? Or were you? Were you flown out every time and stayed in a hotel for weeks at a time.
Speaker 3: I was kind of like in and out. I was in and out a lot.
Speaker 8: Because I feel like there were stretches of time when you were there for a long time.
Speaker 7: Like I think a month and then yeah, yeah, it was like that. It was really funny in the first in the very getting like this episode or the one us before you know, I went home in between I think this last couple episodes, but I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I know, I remember the plane.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that my luggage? I literally had like two very heavy things, and I mean I hadn't for like see you know all this? And I was like and then Kelly calls me, Okay, where do you want to go? Thursday? You're done, And I'm like, where am I what I thought I was staying.
Speaker 7: I thought I was staying.
Speaker 3: At least right longer than like, I don't know what.
Speaker 7: It was five days and I had all this anyway, I learned I leave some of that at home and come and go.
Speaker 3: But I ended up, i think later Joyce staying longer at a time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but yeah, okay, in.
Speaker 3: The beginning, so I didn't know where to stay. So this is what I get. They're like, where do you want to stay? I go, where are the producers staying?
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, so Victoria, I think they stay.
Speaker 7: I think Joe stayed downtown in some that how anyway, it was.
Speaker 5: Like an apartment they all circled in and out of.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But I ended up staying in this place downtown, And I mean I heard gunshots at night.
Speaker 3: There was partying every night, probably you and they're doing shots.
Speaker 7: Hillary.
Speaker 3: It was me like the military, And I was like, okay, mental note, don't want to stay here.
Speaker 5: Did you end up with the beach?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: So then I went to the beach and stayed there, and by accident, they gave me some beautiful suite with a like a whirlpool bath, and like two rooms, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, wow, they treat their actors so well. Here, this is nice.
Speaker 7: And then the next I go, I go, oh, can I have the same room and they're like, yeah, no, You're staying in this.
Speaker 5: Room, the baby room.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: What were some of your favorite spots in Wilmington? Where did you love to spend time?
Speaker 3: The beach?
Speaker 7: And you know what I liked about Wilmington was, Uh, I had my little routine.
Speaker 3: You probably did that that gym in may Fair, the O two gym.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's great.
Speaker 8: I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, do that Sometimes I go to a movie right there.
Speaker 7: Uh there's a place where I rented bikes and would ride out to the beach and do all that.
Speaker 3: And downtown of course.
Speaker 7: With you guys deluxe, Oh my god, dam just I mean I was like the great thing about working with people that are younger, I mean.
Speaker 3: Not younger, but like you guys at your age is that you know, you have a long day and like, oh, let's go get a glass of wine downtown, you know, and it's like nothing slowed you down. Like normally I probably would say I'll stay in my room and like do microwave, pop guard.
Speaker 7: And like, you know, sleep and be good, and but I was like, no, let's go to the luxe.
Speaker 5: Yes, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go to de lux. Let's see Hank. Let's have him tell us what the specials are.
Speaker 3: Sweet Hank got big beautiful wooden bar.
Speaker 6: I think with like the being scared of you part of it, it was really like rooted in wanting what you presented in these first couple episodes. Like we've talked extensively in the last you know, couple episodes about how the end of season four went really sideways for me particularly, and I was witnessing this woman that came in and was hot and was really good at her job and really powerful, and everything I had witnessed up until this point was our male bosses kind of holding authority over women or putting them in uncomfortable positions. And you came in, No one was going to make you uncomfortable, and like you were the boss on set, everyone was like deferring to you. Every every one was on the best behavior we have ever seen with you. And I wanted that. I was like, I don't know how to get that, but that's the goal, and I would love to know, like as you were coming up in the industry, how you started to put those puzzle pieces together of like, this is how I'm going to conduct myself so that I am safe, i am professional, and I'm really freaking good.
Speaker 8: Great question, you know.
Speaker 3: To be honest, the only thing that brings that is time in.
Speaker 7: This business, because you get to a certain age where they know they can't control you, they know they can't play with you, and trust me, on this set, there was some of that, and I would just be like really, not like really, because I can't believe you'd be like eh with me, but like really, like how were you when I was getting when this was going on, I said, like, you were so freaking young you were. I couldn't believe that.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 7: I mean, I did a show in the early two thousands and I was forty and they wanted me in a bathing student. I was like, no, it was forty something, and I was like, when do I get to be When do you get to just be a woman? You know, like yeah, and not just ember and just not the visual and but it has to do with the power, right, And it has to do that has to do with age because the only thing and you guys are of the age.
Speaker 3: The only reason I could come in like that is because I'd been around, They'd seen me and stuff.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: I'd go to coffee with Joe, with the producer, Joe Devola, you know, in the morning, and we talk about therapy and stuff and a little bit and you know.
Speaker 3: But I saw it, you guys. I mean I saw.
Speaker 7: What I saw wasn't what you're everything you experienced, but I was like, oh okay, and I could feel it and see it, and I you know, just seeing you guys and getting to know you guys more. But I wasn't aware of that when I first came on. What I saw was you guys were the pros. You guys were in this well oiled machine. I respected you. I could see how old you were. I didn't look at it. You didn't even dawn on me to look at you that way. It looked at me like you guys have been holding down at a show and keeping it on the air for five years.
Speaker 8: That is not easy.
Speaker 7: Because I had been at other shows they didn't that didn't last that long. So that's how I saw you, and I was I was surprised when I learned more.
Speaker 3: But you know. I hope nowadays it's different, don't you than for people. I think for the younger generation, those.
Speaker 6: Little girls are out there tweeting anytime someone's an asshole, you know what I mean, Like, we didn't have those tools. No, I hold these kids on set are like texting each other a DM and each other like this happened to you because we just didn't have the toolkit.
Speaker 7: And you know, we didn't have phones when I was younger, Hilary. So it's not that we had like, oh, let me show you this picture or this and that, which you have now all you have access.
Speaker 3: That's what I don't get. Literally, when I was a kid in the eighties, there was like a you know, my mother did my fan mail like you do, like you right away for a picture that somebody signs. There weren't comic cons, there weren't tweaks, there weren't It wasn't all this access.
Speaker 5: Did you ever do a mall tour?
Speaker 3: I think it just was so if we went somewhere for on a mall.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 4: Jeffie and I did Macy's together in.
Speaker 3: News That's right, Macy's.
Speaker 5: God you had.
Speaker 4: That was the first time it was honestly so chic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're fans. My god, I was blown away.
Speaker 4: It sort of strikes me as something really interesting though, that you're saying. And maybe because you said the word therapy and then very quickly after you said yeah, you guys just seem to be holding down the show. Oh and it took you know, and before I found out, I thought you were all just like these professional young people. Literally the other night, my therapist was like, it's really interesting that for being as sensitive as you are and how things can rock you and you know, you'll stay up for like three nights thinking about how to write about some injustice or how to talk about an issue. He goes, you just seem pretty unfazed all the time, and I'm your therapist, like it's just me and you on the zoom. You can be as emotional as you want, and you seem pretty even keeled. And I was like, I'm not. I'm never even killed. Everything is painful. What are you talking about? And he was like, where do you think you learned to compartmentalize like this? And I was like, oh, on my first job for sure, absolutely, Yeah, Like I just learned to come to work and like be good and do it and keep like keep my personal to myself. Like just I was told, like, check your bags at the door, young lady, And now I'm like, I don't know, man, I guess I'm I guess I'm glad that I could like show up in a crisis and appear calm. And also if your therapist is like, why don't you seem more upset when you're upset, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 6: Because your baggage is held together with duct tape.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like all on the roof of the car.
Speaker 3: But that sof is a very needed ability in this business.
Speaker 7: And I think women, hopefully young women and young boys learn it fast because you it's none of their business a lot so much, and it's such a tricky thing, right because you're on set and everything gets everything feels and.
Speaker 3: Becomes so personal and so intimate, and yet it's a business.
Speaker 6: You spend eighteen hours together. I mean, they are your spouses, your partners. It's super intimate.
Speaker 7: And so it super is intimate, and so you're you know, I mean, I just remember being younger, and.
Speaker 3: It's weird, you know, authority and being familiar and all of the roles get mixed up.
Speaker 7: Because you're all not only is it intimate and you're close and you're eighteen hours a day and all that, but it's also all you're doing is revisiting your emotions. You're recalling emotion, so it's very tricky. And anyway, I just want you to say, well, for whatever your therapist said, I also think it's you learned it. You guys are all smart, and you you have to like, doesn't mean you have to live there all the time, but you have to bring up some kind of self preservation you.
Speaker 3: Have to do in this business. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, and by the way, also in any business, like your office is not your therapist's office, Like you have to go to work and work. Everyone can't be expected to know the depths of your experience, and not everyone deserves your story. But I'm also like, yeah, I think it's an interesting thing to start analyzing where you where you balance, and I think to sort of bring it back to the beginning. That's why it was so inspiring for us when you showed up, because we were like, WHOA, she's so good at all this stuff, and she's really fun, Like we have fun with Daphne every day, and then we go out to dinner and also she takes no shit from anyone, and like wait a second, like it just you opened up, but you opened up a whole other piece of the pie chart for us of uncharted territory, Like.
Speaker 8: Oh, I can just speak my mind like that. Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: There's been so many times in my life, in real life and in my work on set moments when I've thought, what would Daphne do? I swear to God, I really mean it, because I really think, Like I've always been a little like, uh, if I don't need to say it, I don't if there's a you know, an easier way to, but sometimes you just need to say what you think, Like here's what it is, here's what I think. Where if somebody's trying to mess with you, to just be like really.
Speaker 5: Just saying it?
Speaker 9: I can't.
Speaker 8: What's so hard about saying that?
Speaker 5: Just call them out.
Speaker 8: They're trying to mess with you. Why should they be made to feel comfortable for doing something that's inappropriate? Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. And just seeing an example of a woman who was so successful and strong and fabulous and talented and smart be able to do that just really lit me up. It was really exciting.
Speaker 7: Wow, yeah, I'm so glad. I'm so glad to hear you say that. I think in this arena. I think it had to do with experience, you know, like I did experience a lot. I was how old fifty when I came to you guys, I think something, you look.
Speaker 5: Like you're thirty.
Speaker 6: In the show, Daphne, we were all just like, oh my gosh, so gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Maybe I was mid my forties.
Speaker 7: I think it was mid forties, but yeah, girls, clothes, did you love them? This episode was the Saint John so I for some reason they were were in touch and they were sending me things and I was like, oh yeah, totally Victoria. And then later she started to I don't know, branch out from that some of OURMANI.
Speaker 3: Type suits and stuff. It was the Wardhobe was so great. This damn show so good.
Speaker 5: Oh so good, Carol Cutshaw.
Speaker 4: And what was so much fun was to watch you look so amazing because we were laughing like why were we all wearing capri pants and suit shorts? Like I was really so much short made of suit material, but they were short shorts. It was such a terrible era, terrible and like belts over long shirt dresses, cinched all tight.
Speaker 8: I don't know, it's all wrong.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it wasn't good, and yet there was something about it that worked because we did we looked like little kids. And then you came in in these outfits and it was you were breathtaking and your posture and your poise and the way you'd walk in and look around and then narrow your eyes at your target.
Speaker 3: I was like, I want.
Speaker 4: Her to yell at me, just so I can be close to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that's so funny. Yeah, I just I remember, like, watching this episode, I thought that was fun.
Speaker 7: And yet I also, as I'm watching it and remembering, I get to play more coming up, do.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Like, I just loved working like I loved working with Lisa Goldstein, and just even though my character hated me, all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: We had so much fun. I loved Lisa so much, and I was so excited to really see her in Tree Hill for the first time in this episode, and then we got Kate Vogel and it was like, come on, it was such an embarrassment of riches with the three of you and Mikayla coming in it was like, we just got so lucky.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 6: It went for being a show about boys basketball to be in a show about women like this was the season where they're just like, we're going to triple the female cast members. We're not going to make the hair and makeup trailer any bigger, and we're not going to hire.
Speaker 5: More people, but we're going to ask hair on this show. Y'all gonna look good.
Speaker 4: So much great hair funny, it was so great.
Speaker 8: We have We have a bunch of fan questions for you here if we can throw at you.
Speaker 4: The has been dying to ask you questions.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see if I can remember.
Speaker 4: I want to ask the first one. I want to ask the first one dying to ask you this all day. It is not actually from me, It's from Sophie with an you know, s O P H I E. I would have asked you anyway, but anyway, I don't know why I feel awkward. I'm so excited. Okay, how do you feel about the drama queens comparing your character to Chris Jenner?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I did hear that on your show?
Speaker 7: I was actually if anyone wants to make a meme, I love it because I think Victoria and a Saint John's are actually probably any of her suits, But like I think that'd be great, Like, yeah, you know how it started, not how it started? Off's going because but like sisters, I don't know, separated at birth something like that.
Speaker 6: Dude Brooke Davis goes out to La during the summer like in high school. Like what if she's a cousin of the Kardashians. What if that's the alternate universe where Victoria is like a relative of Chris.
Speaker 5: Jenner or the villain?
Speaker 8: Like what's the what's it called your your arch nemesis, your front of me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 4: Watching the show and us realizing that Victoria feels like a Chris Jenner blueprint, I was like.
Speaker 8: It was Chris Jenner, a One Tree Home fan.
Speaker 4: She takes lessons from like what's going on here? Because you know these we made these episodes a long time ago, I think before that show premiered. All I'm saying is, you know, you might be entitled to a percentage of an empire.
Speaker 7: That's really funny because like later on, when Victoria gets a young lover and all that.
Speaker 3: It kind of like I've taken a lover. She has some great lines taking notes.
Speaker 8: That's so good.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 7: You know, it like puts Victoria in the real world somewhere. The fact that they're you know, comparing, comparing them, it gives it gives me a real Oh yeah, okay, it's working.
Speaker 5: It's working.
Speaker 8: I like this one. Okay, what was liv asks? What was your first non acting job? Oh?
Speaker 7: My first non acting job was in that little town that I moved to. I worked in the general store, seventy cents an hour at the cash register.
Speaker 5: No, my god, lie.
Speaker 3: Before that, I had a job in a deli.
Speaker 7: Okay, you guys, I remember I told you I went to act American Conservatory retat in San Francisco on Garry Street night right next to the big theaters. You know, Denzel Washington went there and atte Venning. I mean, I was just like, wow, I'm in the young Conservatory. So I got a job next door at David's Deli. It's a famous deli. And I'm like, okay, we'll make sandwiches. So the guy hires me. I promptly get sent down to the basement, like down these wooden stairs and I'm and I'm slicing pastrame and cornby, Oh God, like like weeks, I'm dreaming of cornby, no wonder, I'm a vegetarian corn beef. And then I say, can I come upstairs and make sandwiches?
Speaker 3: And he's like, you don't like it down there? Okay, we bring you upstairs.
Speaker 7: He brings me upstairs and puts me in the back kitchen where I'm like peeling hard boiled eggs for theirs. Anyway, the whole summer gone, and this is what I'm doing. And I never made a sandwich, never made one sandwich.
Speaker 3: So I do you know what I was doing? As I was doing that.
Speaker 7: You guys, I said, Okay, Laurence Olivia says, use it, use it all, use it for your craft.
Speaker 3: So I was just there, I'm going to use this.
Speaker 8: I'm going to use this.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I use it for, but I was going to use it.
Speaker 5: How have you used it? Yeah? What job did you use the sandwich place on?
Speaker 3: I mean probably some of Victoria.
Speaker 4: I mean I know you just you have to.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just remember being like fourteen and going, I'm going to use it. That's what a professional.
Speaker 4: Why do I feel like when Victoria is icing Peyton and she delivers the first gup punch of calling her a loser and then tells her she's a parasitic friend. She was picturing her working at a sandwich shop.
Speaker 5: Well, Payton's like, what's wrong with sandwiches?
Speaker 4: Like sandwiches are delicious?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, we have a question from Darla. She says, how did your experience on Melrose shape how you worked on One Tree Hill? Because that's what was so exciting for us, Like you were a very recognizable person to us, and it was you know, we were so isolated down there that having someone who understood the experience and had lived it that we got.
Speaker 5: To watch that was so cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well it was very It was similar, you guys, I mean you're I was watching it again. I just go, this is really a small town soap opera. You're an ensemble. I mean, my god, there's so much going on the drama.
Speaker 3: Same with Melrose.
Speaker 7: So what was similar was that it was ensemble and it was you know, every day kind of the same people.
Speaker 3: So the drama has to switch it up between each other.
Speaker 7: And you know, I noticed in this episode that I was not the only like real jerk in it.
Speaker 3: Quinn was a jerk lese parents mother, sorry, not parent, not mother. Boss.
Speaker 7: Lee's boss was a real cher. Kevin Fetter Line was a real jerk. Like everyone these really mean people that you know, they have to bring in for the drama so that the regulars have to deal with all this, you know, conflict that was so it was always conflict on Melrose, and you know that's what was very familiar the ensemble.
Speaker 3: So you're all behind the scenes.
Speaker 7: And you guys, because it was a small town, I hung out with you guys.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure I was like calling you and say, what are we gonna do this weekend? What are we going to do this week? That was like like like you got where are you going? What's going on? We didn't do that in.
Speaker 7: Melrose because we shot here in LA and so you know, everyone kind of just went home.
Speaker 3: But I'm sorry if I did bother you all the time, hanger on her.
Speaker 5: Oh you weren't.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, we were Any time you ever called to hang out, we were like, want to hang out with me?
Speaker 4: So I'm in another country and all I would like is to be quote bothered by you literally anywhere in the world. Please more. Okay, Jillian asks a question that this one also I want to know the other. Right, it's so good, she said. Victoria had so many iconic nicknames, ice Queen, bar Hag, Bitchtoria. Do you Daphne have a favorite?
Speaker 7: Well, there was Bitchtoria and then what was the horrio one?
Speaker 9: Which Oria? Which Tooria? Which is that when she took a was that when she took a lover?
Speaker 3: There was a horria? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think Bitchtoria is kind of like the class magic.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if there was bar Hag. Thank you very much though either.
Speaker 4: Honestly, until Jillian asked, I was like, I was like really, but yeah, Bitchtoria feels like the top of a very iconic pyramid.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Have people made merch with that name on it? Like we need sweatshirts with Bitchtoria on there?
Speaker 8: Chle Stuart, Daphne just opened up a little e commerce page Shopify, just like Daphne Zinio Lincoln Bio.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm so what about that drink where that he shrew the shrew drink at the bar in trick Oh.
Speaker 7: I have vague recollections of this what says drink he goes?
Speaker 3: What episode was that.
Speaker 5: It's coming up.
Speaker 6: It's Owen, right, Joe Manjanello makes a drink named after you.
Speaker 3: Oh old shrew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a like mean old shrew or something you see.
Speaker 3: When you get there. I may have worked.
Speaker 5: God, I have physical memory of that. That's crazy you do.
Speaker 6: I hadn't thought about it since we filmed it, but you're saying it. I was like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I like Bitchtoria the best.
Speaker 7: And I have to tell you a funny story and then we'll get to the next one, if there is one.
Speaker 3: But this little girl came up to me once and she said, my mom says you're on TV. And I go, uh yeah.
Speaker 7: She says you were a Victorian winter Hill and I go, yeah, I don't believe you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She goes say.
Speaker 7: Something and I just looked at her and I insult I said, okay, Daphne, are you going to do this? She's like, you're twelve, and mam was shy in the background, and I looked at the mother and I went, you asked for it, and I just like, I said something.
Speaker 3: I just insulted her so badly and she just stood through it and she walked off and I and I was like, don't do that.
Speaker 4: People to you that Dstoria.
Speaker 6: That's it's like those are problems that Paul had too, which leads us into the next question.
Speaker 5: People, Oh where is that person who asked this question? They compared you.
Speaker 6: To Dan Scott. They were like, you're the female Dan Scott. Do you feel that Victoria was like the female Dan Scott?
Speaker 3: Okay, Daphney, I would Daphney thinks I'll.
Speaker 7: Do a Chris Keller here, right, yeah, third person, Daphne thinks, yeah, third person.
Speaker 3: That Yes, I see, I see that.
Speaker 7: I see the similarities in some of the storyline. I mean both in prison, both you know, older, maybe toss back some you know, definitely self righteous, narcissistic tendencies.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, go back. Does Victoria go to prison?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What season you'll get there? I have my own. I have my own.
Speaker 4: Like the like.
Speaker 3: Goes, what do you need? You know?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, she finds like a prison Milicent.
Speaker 3: Yeah totally. Oh, it's a great, it's great.
Speaker 7: I'm there in a orange outfit and I was, and we try to make it look fashionable, like're so good.
Speaker 6: This is the best piece of information I got today was that happening the.
Speaker 8: Same time Martha Stewart went to prison.
Speaker 9: Was that sort of the inspiration of like Pa send Victoria Trey chic?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for like white collar crime.
Speaker 8: I feel like it was.
Speaker 7: Now I'm gonna the second half of the askedra is that Victoria feels so far above.
Speaker 3: Dan, so far like like night and day.
Speaker 7: To me, she just I feel like she just she's more like the Martha Stewart Okay, some innocent number crunching, not like this.
Speaker 3: Guy who's a psychopath kind of thing. But I would have loved it if we had, like you know what I mean, like a world.
Speaker 8: I wish that was such a missed opportunity.
Speaker 4: Oh it would have been so.
Speaker 6: We complained that Dan didn't have any love interests outside of you know, his high school girlfriend, his college girlfriend. Like Dan Scott trying to hit on Victoria is what I want to watch all the day.
Speaker 4: That would have been so fun, just to get rejected. Victoria was so delicious what.
Speaker 7: She would have although she may have had a little fun with him first if she were feeling, oh, you needed it, and then she would have rejected him.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I feel like you would have given him some withering line, much like you did everyone in this episode.
Speaker 5: God, I love it.
Speaker 4: It just would have been so much fun to watch.
Speaker 8: I feel like there's a TV series version of War of the Roses that needs to happen with you and Paul. Yeah, you got to put that in that.
Speaker 3: I have a line coming to me.
Speaker 7: She would have said something like, and there's a play on the concept here. But she would have said something like looked him up and down and said, you probably think you're like the Marlboro Man. Don't you think it wasn't he at the Marble mantim.
Speaker 8: Probably he was the coke guy.
Speaker 3: Oh, the coke guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, something like that that he Yeah, absolutely, But she was always thinking in ads and in selling and marketing.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 6: Okay, Daphney, We had a request from our fan base that we spend time with our guests but then.
Speaker 5: Actually discuss the episode.
Speaker 6: So are you willing to stick around so we can do a second episode where we just talk about episode five oh four where Victoria lays us all out, let's do it.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Friends. We will be back with part two five o four with Daphne Zuniga, who is our Queen in a minute.
Speaker 8: Hey, thanks for listening. Don't forget to leave us a review.
Speaker 4: You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot.
Speaker 6: Or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 5: See you next time.
Speaker 1: We all about that high school drama Girl, Drama Girl, all about them.
Speaker 2: High school queens Forever. We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl cheering for the right teams.
Speaker 4: Drama Queens, Drayleise my girl, rough girl fashion.
Speaker 8: With your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queise Drama Queens Drama Drama Queens Drama Queens