Speaker 1: Really now, really, really.
Speaker 2: Now, really hello, and welcome to Really Know Really with Jason Alexander and Peter Tilden, who both hope you will listen, learn, grow as a person, and most importantly subscribe.
Speaker 3: In this episode, you'll meet a man who is attempting.
Speaker 2: To age backwards by submitting himself to a two million dollar a year regimen of health tests, transfusions, therapies, and diets, all in the hopes of creating an algorithm for turning his forty six year old body into that of an eighteen year old.
Speaker 3: Really no, really, Now.
Speaker 2: Let's meet our hosts, who, if anything, are doubling down on this whole aging thing.
Speaker 3: Jason Alexander and Peter Tilden, Really well.
Speaker 4: This y.
Speaker 1: First of all, before we get into our guest and our subject, can I ask you a question? Tell me, honestly, how do I look to you?
Speaker 5: I look good? Companies, I was gonna say today you look you look pretty good. You know what?
Speaker 1: I did a lot of stuff. I want to know what I did?
Speaker 5: No, what'd you do?
Speaker 1: I did a lot of stuff. First of all, the right side of my what passes as a hairline is receding faster than the left.
Speaker 5: Side.
Speaker 1: So with a little mass scara, I fill it in just so I fill it in so it's even not I'm not fooling anybody. I colored into sideburns. Did you a little bit?
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 1: I My eyebrows are disappearing. If they make monoxidel for eyebrows, someone please let me know. This is sad. And I so I pencil in a little bit of eyebrow and with a little mass scara, the same one from the head, did a little touch up on the beard and the mustard. Then there was the tanning bay, and then there was the Popeye's chicken. Do you know something now, Because I'm only going on the outside, the inside is rotting. I'm like, the inside of me is the picture of Dorian Gray. You know what I'm saying, You do your eyebrow, your eyebrows is just I have no eyebrows. They're disappearing, they're falling out.
Speaker 5: You know what, As we get all the more stuff's gonna happen. And that's what today's episode is about. There's actually a growing number of biotech companies and billionaires with cash despair.
Speaker 1: They're investing, of course in research. In research, and billionaires in research can start.
Speaker 5: Are we going to start with? Can I guess through this good?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I shouldn't have said a word.
Speaker 5: It's just that they're fascinated in reversing agent and preventing agent in the aging process. So even Amazon founder Jeff Bezoss, who you played Bezos has out those labs and it's kind of a mysterious thing where they're pursuing biological reprogramming. And the guy that they have on the directors, they have their work at the National Cancer Institutes. He got a lot of incredible people we have in studio. God's been getting so much attention in press. His name is Brian Johnson. Was either a centim millionaire or a billionaire. I've seen it in different ways. Who's more than thirty doctors and experts monitoring every bodily function led by and this is bizarre twenty nine year old regenitor of medicine physician named Oliver Zoeman. I have questions about that because my pants that I'm wearing right now are older than twenty twenty nine. So and Brian again headlines out there, and we know we're in a clickbait world. The headlines say he wants to have the brain, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, tendons, teeth, skin, hair bladder, penis, and rectum of an eighteen year old.
Speaker 1: Was anything left out in that list?
Speaker 5: By the way, I think that's pretty much ye. Chelsea Handler recently mocked him. It's easy to mock him. And I got to tell you when he sat down we just met him. I said to them, we're not here to make fun, We're here to find out. And he said, I'm good with whatever, which already because I know that it's such an easy thing to attack somebody who wants to rejuvenate, and that somebody is doing it to this level. So first of all, welcome, thanky, thank you for having me and somebody. Some doctors said that you look sickly and you look pale and you look bad. You actually look pretty good. You look very healthy and you have good skin.
Speaker 1: Look and I mean, this is going to sound like a joke, but I don't mean it as a joke. You're the male equivalent of Bernadette Peters. I don't know how old Bernadette is. I know she's probably a little bit older than me. But Bernadette has this amazing skin because she never I don't think she's ever seen sunlight. I don't think she's ever in the sun. And she has this porcelain, beautiful skin, and that's what i'm that's what I see whether Cancert. But I also know that you're under special lights sometimes in the in the in the bay that I saw on the video.
Speaker 5: The headlines do they accurately because you know today's world and even in the science community, they have to exaggerate stuff to get funding, to get attention, to break through, so everything is click bait. But the headline's accurate is that how how would you portray what you're trying to do from your perspective?
Speaker 4: The headlines are all true. There you go, they get it right, they get it right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you want to rejuvenate, you want to stop aging, that's right. And you want the rectum of a twenty nine year.
Speaker 1: Lads, right, Okay, I would take a forty one year old.
Speaker 6: I mean the old rectims get cancer.
Speaker 5: You go, by the way, do you have a picture you have do you have the rectum, the kidney? And I mean you have pictures of what you aspire to be like when you're going for a haircut, when you're a kid. They have all the models up. Yeah, do you know? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I took thirty three thousand images of my intestinal try includes so of my bowels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you followed the camera, right, yeah?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: So I mean does that make me a narcissist? Thirty three thousand pictures.
Speaker 1: Only if they're all up in your bedroom?
Speaker 3: Well? Probably?
Speaker 1: Let me just ask, because we are we're fortunate enough to have you in studio, do you mind telling us what your biological age is versus your engineered age?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Chronologically I'm forty six, and biologically I'm hundreds of different ages. So, for example, my left ear is sixty four, my heart is thirty seven, my diaphragm is eighteen, my cardiovascidu capacity is on par with an elite eighteen year old. So I'm hundreds of different ages. My pain, Chris, my liver. And that's the cool thing about these measurements is you can probe all seventy plus organs of the body and biological systems and find a scientifically valid biological age.
Speaker 1: Now, just to ping off of that for a second, does that create any kind of disconnect within your your functionality? The fact that you have like a left ear that's sixty four and a right ear that's eleven. I mean, does that make anything crazy or you're challenging?
Speaker 4: I mean like when my son, who's my boys are twenty and eighteen. My eighteen year old does almost all the tests I do. And so when we have a professional hearing grade system at the house and when he does the test, he's got perfect carrying across all the frequencies you'd expect. You do mine and from four thousand hurts to twelve thousand hurts, I'm basically deaf in my left ear from shooting guns as a kid.
Speaker 5: I grew up.
Speaker 4: We had a lot of guns, and so I was right handed. I had a gun aimed by this, so my left ear would get exposed, and so I'm basically deaf in that frequency range.
Speaker 6: I can here okay, but just in certain ranges.
Speaker 4: And what's fun about this project is, you know, when I go about doing a certain test, like you take the heart, you can break the heart out into ten different ages, and so it's just fun. Where am I at? And then we get to play this really really fun game. How do we reverse that age?
Speaker 5: So let's give context this if you can on what got us here to this program, to your blueprint.
Speaker 4: I was born in a deeply religious rural community, and I served a mission in Ecuador and where I was there among extreme poverty, and it just was a life changing experience to go from this middle class US life to poverty dirt floor of mud hats. And I came home to the US and the only thing I cared about doing was something that would help all of humanity, Like it didn't make sense to me to spend my life trying to make money for that for the sake, and I really wanted to do something important for other people. And so I determined at twenty one I'd make a whole bunch of money. By age of thirty, I'd find out what I do. And that was just my orientation of like, really was I wasn't good at anything, I thought, But it didn't happen.
Speaker 5: I'm still waiting, So you must have been. Did you excel at something to figure out how to get there? Were you a techie? How did you take the money? I was?
Speaker 6: I had no skill sets of note.
Speaker 4: I just thought I looked at what I was good at and it was like nothing came up, And I thought, you know, I'll become an entrepreneur because to be an entrepreneur, you basically just need to be resourceful and be tenacious and like, ultimately, if.
Speaker 6: You push long enough, you may find it.
Speaker 4: And that's what happened with me is ultimately I did make it and selling my company, and then there was this question.
Speaker 5: What was the company? Would tell everybody what you got into that made you the money.
Speaker 4: I built a payments company, brain Tree Venmo. So when you take a ride in Uber and they process a credit card, that's doing that when you pay someone via venmo, so it's basically moving money around.
Speaker 5: And you were sitting at home one day and said, you know, I need to come up with this. How did did you? Were you a coder? Did do you have skill set in that area?
Speaker 4: It was I was building another company. I had a baby, I couldn't pay my bills, I had a whole bunch of debt, and the only job that I could find I applied to sixty jobs.
Speaker 6: Nobody would even interview me.
Speaker 4: The only job I could get was selling credit card processing door and door, Like, if you could fog a mirror, you could work for the company. Okay, So then I became the company's number one sales person. I broke all their sales.
Speaker 1: Records, by the way, is a skill, so how to quantify it when you were here?
Speaker 4: So I did that for a year and then at the end of the year I was like, this is actually I was doing that to fund my other startup.
Speaker 6: And then after a year I thought this is interesting and this is.
Speaker 4: An opportunity, and I started Braintree and started billion payments and then we process payments for Uber, Airbnb, GitHub like this, this generation of companies that are now very large Shopify, we grew up with them and so it was fun to grow alongside them. And then we acquired Venmo, and then PayPal bought the combined entity for a hundred million in cash.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, good night drive safely. Wow. So at that point you're netting out hundreds of millions of dollars, you're how old thirty four? And you go, okay, I did it. So now am I going to do humanity? Or did you have to build one more thing?
Speaker 6: I mean, I was in a pretty big hole in life.
Speaker 4: I mean I had been depressed for ten years, chronically depressed where I would just lay in bed and just wish I didn't exist. But I had three kids and so I mean it's the worst thing imaginable of existence. And I was leaving my born into religion. I was in a challenger relationship. And so once I sold Braintree in one year full a company, we ended the thirteen year marriage, left the religion, and then overcame my depression. And it was just this window of time to try to remake myself and say if I really have freedom to move about. And so my life at that point had been everything I couldn't do, and now this moment arrived there everything I could do. And so my orientation became where can I go in existence?
Speaker 1: That huge transition that you just described of severing some relationships and starting and new Were you guided with anybody with that or is that all self motivated? Self discovered?
Speaker 6: Self motivated self discovered?
Speaker 4: Wow, while I was depressed, I tried everything you name it, I tried it. And then once I ended that relationship, once I left the religion and that environment, it just disappeared.
Speaker 6: And so it was really.
Speaker 4: Symptoms of my circumstances more than anything else. And so the solution was making signific life changes.
Speaker 5: So then how long did it take before you decided I'm going to be this guinea pig, and I'm going to co opt somebody. And now I want to find out how you got like I said, this doctor to be the somebody because yeah, apparently you're not a dumb guy. He did the research to find out people who would not hurt you with their their ideology and what they thought you should do. How did you get to that to starting this company and being on this regiment that you're on.
Speaker 4: I started holding dinners around the country. I would get together, oh, my closest friends. I'd have them if they're most capable of people friends, and I would pose this question at the beginning of dinner. I'd say, imagine, we're in twenty fifty and we are thrilled with the existence we've created. We're just we can't believe how remarkable life is. What did we do in the year twenty seventeen that made twenty fifty extraordinary? Now just listen, you know. And then I'd ask questions like why and why and why? And I try to basically survey the minds of a few hundred people of what's in the zeitgeist now. And then I wanted to ask a question what's miss like, what is the thing is right in front of our face, but no one can see if that's true. Maybe it's already seen, and maybe it's just going after the thing that people already know.
Speaker 6: But I wondered.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've primarily gained my educational life through reading biographies. And when you look back in time and read about the fifteenth century or sixteenth century, we look back and more like, oh, of course it's obvious that you would discover germs and that they were the source of infection and death, or and of course you would discover penicillin. But the time, of course, you can't see those things that are invisible. And so the thing I've always aspired, I guess I've always admired the most in people is those in their time and place who can pill away all the layers of their time and place and say, what is it right now that would be valued in the twenty fifth century, Peter, I.
Speaker 1: Would view that question, imagine yourself twenty fifty got it? First of all, how you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm dead?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think so. You think so?
Speaker 5: Maybe you have no chance at twenty fifteen, possibly, depending on if I'm going to do his regien the area.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, I know you're not alive if you call it a living Yeah, what did you do in twenty twenty three that made twenty fifty? The joy that it is for you.
Speaker 5: You're going to think this is Sacharin or nuts, but this finding out, this is like our version of one hundred dinner. We've got some of the top people, yes, in every field. Tell us about.
Speaker 1: LORI put violin, about that I know about, don't know about, expertise.
Speaker 5: Don't diminish me.
Speaker 1: I'm not no, no, no.
Speaker 5: But this is this is like Brian here. Hopefully it's not a judgment. It's a I want to find out what I can glean from this. It's a value that I didn't know, or change my opinion about something, or recalibrate the way I looked at something. But I'm not I'm going to do it. I'm totally with you. I'm totally with you, and I'm serious. I know what you're saying, and I'm with you, and I'm going to make a prediction. We're going to find out some amazing things and you and I will not change one thing. You know what. It's hard.
Speaker 1: But what Brian probably can't speak to it maybe you can is I think people have asked the questions you've asked. I think people are interested in it, but very few people would then have the forget resources. You have resources, but the discipline, but you make change, you know, can I just got it.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to get to this now, but Brian waiting and then we'll get to what you're doing the weird thing, because I wanted to find out why what you said is the thing. We all know smoking is bad for us. We all know that eating, being overweight is bad for us, and yet over fifty percent of the general public is pre diabetic or diabetic. When you do something like you take a cigarette break from work and you go outside, you're escaping from work, and you get a good feeling and you get a brain dopamine hit. Are you back to the dope Because a lot of stuff have to do with brain chemistry on a basic level. So you get a dopamine hit and you start relating the break with dopamine and the cigarette. Sure, so the little bits of hits they get are all they get. So you're gonna tell me, I'm going to give up those hits of what I feel good about.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to pre guess that you're going to tell me that once you started to adopt the regimen that you're doing, that you are getting those dopamine hits from doing.
Speaker 5: Because he's getting rewards for what he's doing. I do something hard. I skipped dinner, but I took the pill. I get a dopamine hit from that. Correct. Was I right about what it said? Or do you agree with it? Or is it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: So holistic we're pleasure seeking animals.
Speaker 5: Yes, so it's that. So you decided I'm going to take on this regiment to see if I can change. Is it narcissistic or you're looking to change the world.
Speaker 4: So I'll add a little twist on the thought experiment. This is not about self discipline, it's not about self help. This is about an observation. So let's imagine in this thought experiment we're in the twenty fifth century and whoever exists, then they're talking amongst themselves and they say, it's extraordinary. What happened in the twenty first century? The humans figured out something that allowed intelligent existence to continue in this part of the galaxy.
Speaker 6: What did we do? You us right now? And the primary.
Speaker 4: Thing we did at Blueprint, which is interesting, is I said my mind. I had this experience where in the evening seven PM, this version of me Evening Brian would come out and he's a monster.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's not to entirely true.
Speaker 4: He would be saddled with all of the burdens of life, the stresses of the fires at work, that the fights with the partner, that the kids are hanging on the legs, you know, like you're trying to bathe them and put them to bed, and the only thing Evening Brian wanted was relief from the pain. And he would then think, those damn brownies right that the whole ten is there in the kitchen. It was the only thing he could do to try to offset the pain he felt in life. And so for every night or years, evening Brian would show up and eat something and I tried everything I could to stop him.
Speaker 6: I never could. It was just overwhelming.
Speaker 4: And one day I said, out of you know, like almost tongue in cheek eating Brian, you make my life miserable.
Speaker 6: You're fired.
Speaker 4: And I felt this relief, and so I said, Okay, this is fun. I'm gonna play with this from five pm to ten pm. The version of Brian that runs me does not have authority to eat food. No matter what, he cannot eat food. He's not responsible. He makes mourning Brian hate life. He makes you know, Dad Brian a bad dad. And so then I started building this idea and it developed into this concept where we built an algorithm using machine intelligence that takes better care of me than I can myself. I basically said, my mind is not qualified to run me. My mind is going to eat bad food, it's going to eat unk food, it's going to overeat, it's going to do all these terrible things. And we have these algorithms that do a much better job at many things when we can ourselves. So why wouldn't I have an algorithm run me? And so then we started measuring. I became the most as person in human history with all the data we put, look at the scientific evidence. We built an algorithm, and then my only thing I had to say to I say yes to was yes to operate the algorithm. And so that's what I think the twenty fifth century would say, is they'd say humans figured out their default cognition ran them into trouble, and that algorithms were actually much better and made them happier and more prosperous and more successful than they ever could be themselves.
Speaker 5: So to that, I have a wtf A what's the quote from you that is that ties right into that that I'd love you to address, which is the humans to be able to survive in an AI algorithm future may need to sacrifice part of what makes the human in the first place to live.
Speaker 1: A longer line, is that what you meant is that what you're were refrying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to make the observation that if you look at the speed of progress in artificial intelligence, it is very clear that it is on pace to become better at us at everything.
Speaker 6: It's even going to be better at being us than we are.
Speaker 5: Because it has so much input about results and payouts, etc. That a human being could never in lifetime accumulate. So, from a medical standpoint, should I have surgery on my kidney input what you have and it can go through eight mind surgeries instead of your doctor's done sickly Exactly.
Speaker 4: Eventually, it's just going to get better at all these things. And so in this situation, we humans presuppose that we are sitting here with a preference option set where we say we want to keep this and we like that, we'll maybe do away with that thing. We are no longer alpha on this planet. That's done. The thing that humans need to do is to say we want to exist and we're willing to divorce ourselves from every notion, idea, custom, norm, tradition we've ever had as a species. It's the most radical revolution in the history of Homo sapiens. And it's happening right now now. We may look out on the streets and say I don't see it. People are still driving around, they're still buying, they're going to store.
Speaker 6: It's here. It's already happened. We're just catching up to From.
Speaker 5: Your perspective, you're sitting there in amusement, going, I don't understand why everybody doesn't get this already kind of uh entirely. I can see that in your on that you don't think what you're doing is that radical. What you're doing is saying, no, I'm just going by what experts quote AI is telling me is a better outcome for here. Why wouldn't I chose that? So before we go any further, though, if I may, can you just go through for everybody what your day is, because everybody's heard, by the way, the jet pack on your penis to measure the erections.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I haven't heard.
Speaker 5: Oh, the direction detection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't realize there was a jet By the way, if I hear.
Speaker 5: Jet pack, he's flying the penis has taken off of them. But the penis thing is supposed to measure how many night time erections? And you can tell a younger man into the But if your testosterone levels are okay and your circulation it's okay, do you really need the measuring unit down there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, what have men always wanted to do but a dick measuring contest?
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: I've never had to do that, by the way.
Speaker 4: And so, like you know, nighttime erections are a meaningful measurement that represents cardiovascular health, psychological health, sexual health, and overall health.
Speaker 5: To tell people, because I bet most people don't know what's the average number of erections. Somebody at forty six would have about what I have now.
Speaker 4: So I'm about my chronological age. So my nighttime erection average is two hours and twelve minutes.
Speaker 5: So all the pills and every constant.
Speaker 6: No, it's so it's no.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't be able to roll over, idiot, it's an understand every time you go to turn over, you'd be going correctly exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean you remember, like you know when when you're like ten, twelve, thirteen years old, right, you're hard all the time. You're like you're walking in between classes, and all of a sudden you get erect and you can do nothing about it. You've got to hold your book over your pants like you're worried about the bulge. And then as you age, you get fewer and fewer erections that are untimely, even in your sleep. And so yeah, when you are primarily in your like rem stages, you have erection episodes, and so if you look at the erection data, you'll become erect for a certain duration of time twenty fifty minutes, become flaccid, erect again. So it goes through the cycles, and uh yeah, the really important measure for health, and people just aren't aware.
Speaker 5: So even all your stuff, Brian's still forty six year old down there.
Speaker 6: So the goal is to be three hours and thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Guys, I just want to call the team in here and just say, pops some quarts of something we can't drink. Because last three my penis yeah, actually ended the genis record.
Speaker 1: The only thing I'm noting numbers wise during my sleep also has to do with that area, is how many trips.
Speaker 5: To the.
Speaker 1: Exactly that's as many times as he gets erect. Three hours worth of your nation happens every night.
Speaker 5: Sign, I'm going at three thirty. If the writers were still looking for stories, I could see George Stanza trying reverses.
Speaker 2: Right alone.
Speaker 5: So all right, so tell us to your day. Is I think you get up at like four thirty or five? Is that when it starts? And take us through the day of what you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I go to bed at eight thirty every night, every single night, and I wake up at about five am. I wake up naturally, and then I have a four hour routine. So I'll work out for an hour, I'll eat a few pounds of vegetables, I'll take sixty pills, I'll do about ten different therapies. And this is all based upon what my team and I did. Is we looked at every single study ever done on live span and health span. We found the gold standard scientific evidence, and then we implemented my protocol. Is basically what we're trying to do. They're trying to say if what if a person. We're trying to find what science is capable of right now in twenty twenty three one person. That's what we're trying to do, and so my day is populated with that. So the four hours is the routine. Then I'll work. I work on several companies throughout the day. I'll do several doctor's appointments. During the week, I may go a few measurements done MRI ultrasound, and then the nighttime a few more therapies.
Speaker 6: Then I'll be in bed by eight thirty.
Speaker 5: So what about relationships in French? That again, I'm hesitant to just take everything I've read and say this is it that you've got a questionnaire of ten traits that you if to date somebody, they have to check ten boxes? What are the traits? And is that accurate?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 4: I shared on social media the ten things I share on my first date.
Speaker 5: Can we hear them or no?
Speaker 6: Yeah, let me see if I can recall them from memory.
Speaker 4: But it was you know, I go to bet eight thirty, I eat dinner at eleven thirty am, you sleep alone, no small talk, really don't care.
Speaker 5: I'm already falling in love with you. Yeah, we're smooning. No small talk?
Speaker 1: Can I just I start with it? I sold my company, how all of a sudden, I go, Okay, I don't need small tongue.
Speaker 5: I'm good you would, I would respond if I'm a female, what do you What do you consider small talk? So I don't do it accident.
Speaker 4: The funny thing about this is, you know, there's been certain waves. There was like a wave of publicity around me getting plasma infusions for my son. Then there was another wave around the measuring directions, the one more around this list of insight. I I think I received more or people slid into my d MS on this one, I think than any other one.
Speaker 6: And we found that person and well, females were.
Speaker 4: Kind of like, look, I want this too, like I'm so sick of playing this game. I don't want to do this stuff, like I'm annoyed by this. I just want to be like in this. So it's it was interesting that it felt liberate for people that that's what they wanted.
Speaker 6: They just didn't say it.
Speaker 5: So your dream woman is, hey, you know I want no Brian, I don't want to hear right now, we talked too much yesterday. Shut up, eat your vegetables, and I'm going in the second bedroom.
Speaker 1: Finish your dinner. It's almost now, that's a left, so that that's your day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me so, let me jump in and ask you the pill stuff, having it back, a little bit of a background in science and also having a lot of gifts on with that we don't know I mean. And by the way you get you get pouring apart on the internet. The guys, he's gonna get hit by a car at fifty. My concern would be with one hundred and eleven pills. Most of the pills we take, our brain goes. We got to get rid of it's far and substance, especially if you try and get it into the blood brain berry it one's out. So a lot of.
Speaker 1: Stuff to tell them, the double blood brain. The problem is the question.
Speaker 5: The problem is a lot of I'm giving contact.
Speaker 1: You're small talking him.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you something? Vegetables and go to bed. This is why you know you're not there.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need your premise.
Speaker 5: Why why you're not from the learner?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: So the deal is a hundred pills. Seems like with supplements they just want to piss it out? How do you know what these pills are doing? The interactions and isn't your body just going what the f are you doing it?
Speaker 1: And you're going to tag onto that? Are you relatively certain? You know, like five years from now they're going to tell you my third cup of coffee every day is the one that kills you. That something you're doing or mixing. We don't know yet what ultimately the interaction might be, or is that a concern as well?
Speaker 4: I mean, first, if I don't get hit by a bus and die, the universe is not true.
Speaker 5: We're on that pig well die running to the pillar store.
Speaker 4: If if my death is not just like the ultimate irony.
Speaker 5: Got hit by the goose.
Speaker 4: The what what's useful about what we're doing is I am the most measured human in history? And health and wellness is a lot like religion, where you typically have a charismatic founder with some compelling story, and then you tell compelling stories and people do these things.
Speaker 6: But when you can measure it, story doesn't matter. Data matters.
Speaker 4: And so with every supplement we take, we have a measured endpoint in my body. And so if the supplement is not doing what it's intended on doing. We discontinue it.
Speaker 5: And how do you know? Like like in the dog food world, I measure in and out. You see what's in the poop to see if it was absorbed, how much it was the same thing with you. Are you doing samples to see what what was how much? Every day to see what was absorbed and what went through your body and how much of it.
Speaker 4: We I mean stools, Like every quarter, we generate thousands of data points every quarter.
Speaker 6: And so this is the value.
Speaker 4: It means MRI, it's ultrasound, its devices, it's fitness test, it's blood, it's urine.
Speaker 5: It's so you can tell the efficacy of every single pill you're taking by how much is absorbed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if we can't track it, we don't do it.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's pretty This is the cool thing that we're trying to do, is like you, when you get into these conversations, everyone is the expert. And even though you know I'm on the end of one. So there's some shortcomings, it's still better than story. And so this I say this tongue in cheek. This protocol is the best protocol built in human history. Prove me wrong with your data.
Speaker 1: Do you let me ask a question about that. Not to get into controversy, Novos, that is a program not dissimilar in its intent from what you're doing. They have been a bit critical of your protocols, and they also claim that they're getting a better result response.
Speaker 4: You know, I set up the Rejuvenation Olympics because when I started doing this, people are like, hey, you're a biohacker or you're like a health person, and none of the categories fit.
Speaker 6: I wanted to create a new category.
Speaker 4: So I started calling myself a professional rejuvenation athlete. Because you look at Lebron James. He goes to bed on time and eats the vegetables and people are like, amazing. I start doing it, people are like, this dude's wack, right, that was wrong with him? Yeah, And so I had to change it to you know, so that people will change the frame and so people can talk all they want. But I've made this thing public. It's been public for almost a year now. Anybody post for data, you know who's appting from the list?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean, so this is.
Speaker 5: What's really interesting is George Church. You know, George Church is a friend, you know, not these two more interest of one, but said, what you're doing is really well intentioned and there's not He couldn't find that much wrong with it, and that you were well intentioned, which is kind of a big deal. I can't believe we know George Church and he knows George Church. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean back to his point though, like the thing is, I am actively helping people many, I'm actively helping many beat me at my own metrics.
Speaker 1: Well, that is one of the things I wanted to ask you is that part of your intended goal is to leave behind a protocol, technique, apps, discoveries you make about certain supplements or rugs or whatever it may be, or tests. Are you hoping that you will be able to give people a system to replicate these results exactly?
Speaker 4: So, I've spent millions on this, I've shared the entire thing for free everything.
Speaker 5: And what do you want to hear it a result to? Because I know on your site you're selling like the olive oil. Ye, two things of olive oil is seventy five bucks. Whatever did you get into this? I mean, yes, you're spending co million dollars of your own money, and I don't count other people's money. God, bless you. If you've got hundreds of millions in the bank, there's the intention of building also a sustainable business out of this doing somewhere.
Speaker 4: It never was so I did this. I did blueprint for two years, no one cared. Then an article was written in Bloomberg and it just blew up, and then people said, I want in, but it's way too complicated, like it needs to be easy. I don't I can't think about it. So I've developed a product so people can do it. But it was never my intent to do to start a business. It was simply exploring this conversation of what is the twenty fifth century going to say about our time? And blay, it's just naturally evoult to this. But no, I mean I'm trying, I really sincerely. I'm trying to get the human race to thrive. That's the only thing that matters to me. And so the rest of stuff is like, you know, doesn't matter. Just yeah, it's just practical.
Speaker 5: So what about this twenty nine really a twenty nine year old that you couldn't find somebody like thirty five forty. I know you're using AI so he doesn't have to be that experience. But twenty nine. This is a guy has he published a lot of parts. You're not a stupid guy. You're a really smart guy. And I'm sure and you're looking at all of this. How did you decide on this guy? Where did he come from?
Speaker 4: He is an entirely original thinker. And so again, when you read about history, you see people who challenge norms, who see the world differently, and they're not accepted by their peers because they're out there, out there. And he had this approach and this thought process that in order to fully understand aging, you need to work at an oriel level. Doesn't help to just generically assess it. You have to look at the heart and the lungs, liver in the pancreas, and you have to be extremely granular about it, and you have to be methodical about how you structure the interventions. And he has an approach that treats the body like an engineer.
Speaker 5: And how do you come to him or how did he come to you?
Speaker 4: Mutual friends introduced us. They thought our brains would match.
Speaker 5: And you've got enough confidence in him, obviously, did he have.
Speaker 1: To fill out the checkboxes?
Speaker 5: Talk?
Speaker 6: And you know we get along beautifully well.
Speaker 1: Bryan, I hope I'm not crying, but you seem to. You're pretty open about this stuff. Are you doing cosmetic changes as well?
Speaker 6: You can ask any anything. I'm an open book.
Speaker 1: But I mean, do you do like OAR replacement or botox or anything like that. I'll tell you why I'm asking. It's not because I'm interested in You look very good. But if I were engaged with this, I guess part of what I would be curious about is if I do enough work on the inside, what would be the natural result on the outside. And if you're changing, what is the natural result on the outside. I'd love to know what you're thinking on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But to answer your question directly, I've not had any cosmetic surgery. So what I have done with my face is I've injected fat into my face. So a tallog is fat, and so I don't have enough fat on my body, take my own fat and inject it to my face. I took a donor's fat because I got pretty skinny in the early stages I was on a color constriction. I lost a ton of weight and a lot of volume left my face. And so when that happened, I had some laxity souse you had the skin. Who Now it's like there's more skin than there's a volume. So I had to rebuild the laxity of my skin. I put some fat back in and I used the biostimulator reneuva or a sculpture which naturally produces collogen. But we didn't do fillers, so we wanted to try to legit only see if we could rebuild facial volume without reverting to fillers or boat or tried to correct facial imperfections with botox.
Speaker 5: So which makes sense because all these people with the ozembics and all these diabetes drugs that are taking it. Yeah, they say it's those inbic face because when they lose the weight, the whole face shrinks and kind of paves in. Have you found you're on medication? So too? You do take medication. I know you take the stopstrune because you need to because of your diet, the pleats, the stops drun. What else are you taking? What other meds? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I had this funny experience where I was running on a trail and I tripped and I cut my shin. I went into the emergency room this local rural place, and the doctor has me on the table and he's going to stitch me up, and he's like, all right, son, before I get going, are you on any medications?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh no. I thought, you know, I could say one of two things there. I could be like, no, you know, let's just still this thing up, like you know, what the hell, I'll say something. I'm like, well, okay, I'm on that Foremanut you know the drug they give to people diabetes. Yes, I'm on wrap amcin, drug they give for people with organ transplants. Yes, I'm on the stat nip, the leukemia drug. Yes, good, Lord's son, what's going on? And it's like those moments it does remind me of how far out we are from where most people are at, like where you take a multi item and I hear him on the spectrum of taking all these fild drugs. But yeah, I mean we are on I think like I'm on six or seven prescription meds.
Speaker 1: You said your son is a part of this, yeah, willingly? Or I mean, did he get so fascinated body he said I'd like to start this now? Or did you did it take some convincing coercion?
Speaker 5: Yeah? You know I should give that for his birthday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, first to clarify, the media has reported that his he lives in a.
Speaker 6: A cage. That's what that's ten by ten.
Speaker 1: I didn't send me that article.
Speaker 5: I I hadn't read that, and I just spit.
Speaker 6: Out, Yeah, it's not ten by ten, it's by eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, So little and all of them when they're young, let them see.
Speaker 5: He does do come forward, he does do comedy, and he does do small talk. All right. So he's a willing, willing advocate of yours and a willing participant. Oby.
Speaker 4: I've found that he and his friends are more eager to accept this and do this than anyone my age. They don't have the resistance, you know, like you lay this out for them and they're like, of course, why wouldn't I do this?
Speaker 6: This makes total sense.
Speaker 5: So he doesn't. He's eighteen now, so he doesn't do the dad, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I have three kids, and my relationship with them has always been you do you, I'll support you. But there's the relationship is I will offer my perspective and then they can choose what they want to do. And so that's been the case with all the kids and So my oldest son does some part of blueprint, my eighteen year old does full on. My thirteen year old daughter. You know, she's thirteen year old and she's got other interest.
Speaker 1: Figure out she's other.
Speaker 5: Interest right now.
Speaker 1: But when you say he does full luprint, he's doing the exact protocol that you're doing. And you spend so many hours of your day living this regime that I think works really well for you. But if I were an eighteen year old guy and I wanted to go out into the world and travel and meet people and go to college and do it, you know, it doesn't seem like the full spectrum of those choices are available to me and do this. Is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I say he's doing full grouprint at age eighteen, the amount of care he needs to do for his body is like ninety five percent less than me. Sure, And so he doesn't need to do all the MRIs all the time, and the older sounds and the therapies because he's just baseline, he's already good.
Speaker 5: He's he's already there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I mean, is he also doing the eight thirty.
Speaker 6: Bedtime he was Yeah when he was with me during high school?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now, and I guess that's what I'm talking about, is that for a typical teenager college student that that's a big gimme. Where is the on that part of the program?
Speaker 4: Since he's been in school, he changed his bedtime to ten thirty, and he's found several friends that actually have a similar routine, and so they all do their activities in earlier in the evening and then they don't go out later. And it's it's actually it's catching on, like the zeit guy is shifting away from this endlessly eating junk food and going to bed at the wee hours in the morning and drinking excessively. It's really moving and so it's not like you get punished like you did before. And it's just been in the past six months, Like I cannot believe how fast this has moved.
Speaker 1: Peter is a couple of years older than I am, but sitting there looking at us, he've spent some time on us objectively.
Speaker 5: Aha, who's aging better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what do you if you had to say, I'm gonna the guy with the longevity is in chare a or chair.
Speaker 5: Big Yeah, just remember if you're coming back. I generally work with Lauri in the booking, but let that.
Speaker 4: The eyes are now an inferior technology.
Speaker 6: You're determined, determined.
Speaker 1: He's smart man, smart man, He's gonna he's gonna give you.
Speaker 5: I'll help him. Inside, I feel like I'm dying every minute. So it doesn't it doesn't matter. My big thing is is sleep. My mind is always that kid. I try to do the bab An dusk be here. Now we haven't even talked about the spiritual part. On a psychological level, are you also that advanced of mister one hundred and eleven pills? Were you as far as health on the inside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never been happier in my entire life. I've never felt more steady, more stable, you know, like the world can hurl the trail at me, it does nothing. I you know, before I may have been triggered, I may have felt bad, I may have felt insecure. I cannot believe how stable I feel in life. I never thought it'd be achievable. And Jason, to your question before, there's a zero percent chance that you're going to change anything in your life? Right and I would submit this earnestly. If the twenty fifth century looks back the singular revolution, right now, is don't die. After four billion years on this planet, we are baby steps away from super intelligence. Once super intelligence arrives, we do not know how long and how well we can live. We cannot see it. And for me, I want a ticket to the show. I don't want to miss out. It could be the most extraordinary existence in the entire galaxy. And we're right there and we're plagued by these by society that is addicted to addiction. Everyone's addicting this to their thing. You know, it's like a it's a cultural thing. It's going to pass and we're going to walk into a new phase or we're going to seek about seek human improvement. And so for anyone listening, I would I mean genuinely, earnestly with everything I have encouraged. You realize the special moment we're in right now. Things are going to change very fast, very soon. We don't know what it's going to be, but man, I would hate to miss out on this show because it really could be extraordinary.
Speaker 5: Let's go to miss If you stay with us, google him.
Speaker 1: We go to google him and he brings up facts and things that we've missed. Can say yes, Hello, Hello Brian, Yes, Hello everyone, Hello sir. What did we miss?
Speaker 3: What do we get? Well? Number one is Glorie has something that she wants to say to.
Speaker 5: I would like to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sort of questions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, shut up, right, if you're the booker forgotten, shut up.
Speaker 4: Please stand by as we attempt to resolve this small altercation.
Speaker 3: And now let's return to the show.
Speaker 5: Brian doesn't like small talk, David, let's get this movement.
Speaker 3: I listen. I also want to know Brian's dating age like you do it.
Speaker 1: The vascular I don't know.
Speaker 4: I also posted that on social media. I listed the ten things I need and the ideal partner. Yeah, and age was not one of them.
Speaker 6: Age was not one.
Speaker 5: So Jason's mother is in the running, by the way, also not big on small.
Speaker 1: When she was alive. She's got the god arrested.
Speaker 5: She no longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now do we actually want Bernanette Peters?
Speaker 1: I don't need you. No, it's not we don't need no. No, I know something you know, I know, I know.
Speaker 5: But also you're right.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this. I mean, I know Bernette's older than me, but she I just saw her a month ago. Whatever she's saying, she may be doing what you're doing. She looks fantastic and she's still got Can we get back to goog all right? Yeah, no, ask another question.
Speaker 5: I don't want to give an AI. You can Wikipedia. Everybody at home knows it. All right, don't come out of your mouth.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Bern Peter, she actually has four hour.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm so sa I love you.
Speaker 3: I was well.
Speaker 8: I was David Lawrences giving the wrap up. I go and wrap going. That was contribution. Oh my god, I had other things. Yeah, you know what you did?
Speaker 1: You know what? You know what I've learned today.
Speaker 5: Life's too short. Now you know what I learned today, twenty fifty. If I'm still around, you're gonna be going like this.
Speaker 3: Where you are?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right where you are?
Speaker 5: Yeah. It was a pleasure, right, Brian, pleasure man. And by the way, for anybody who knocks you whatever, you look great. You look really good in person. Your body fat is like zero point what nothing right?
Speaker 6: Pretty low?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna say for for for I don't know not most people listen to the podcast, they don't watch us. I'm going to tell you what I appreciate the most about you. You're a really cool guy. You've got a great attitude about this. I'm get hit by ten years from now if I'm unfortunate enough to still be doing Oh you know what, let's check in.
Speaker 5: I can take care of that now. Brian's thanks for jing.
Speaker 6: I'll come back.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll come back when I achieved three hours and thirty minutes. It will be the erection.
Speaker 5: Can we be the judges? Weiating shirt, they'll sit there. He's at it, he's approching, he's there. I know, Brian.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Thanks, thank you mister Googlelaime, and thank you Lauri. Announcer number really.
Speaker 5: Now, really.
Speaker 2: Really really, that's another episode of Really No Really comes to a close. I know you're wondering, where is the place that the most centenarians, that's people over one hundred years old live? That answer in a moment, But first let's thank our guests. Brian Johnson. Follow him on Instagram at Brian Johnson, or YouTube where he is at Brian Johnson, or Facebook where he's just Brian Johnson.
Speaker 3: Our website is really No Really dot com.
Speaker 2: Check it out, leave a comment or tell us a really no really you've discovered and maybe we'll make you a part of our our show. We're also on Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and threads that Really No Really podcast. Please check out our full episodes on YouTube, hit that subscribe button and tick that bell. See you're updated when we release new videos, which we do every Tuesday, and follow us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts and now Where is the place that most centenarians live?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: According to US World and News, Guadalupe is number one, with seventy five out of one hundred thousand people passing one hundred years. Second is Barbados, Third is Martinique.
Speaker 3: All Caribbean island nations. Weirdly enough, fourth is.
Speaker 2: A tie between Japan and Uruguay, and the US comes in at number eleven with a measly twenty nine out of one hundred thousand people living into their hundreds. And yet, through some bizarre twist of fate, I'm always driving behind one of them. Now Really, Really No Really is the production of iHeartRadio and Blaise Entertainment