Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore. I was a casting director for film and TV and commercials for over thirty years. I transitioned to a celebrity acting coach after I cast a film New Jersey Drive with executive producers Spike Lee and director Nick Domez. I auditioned every rapper from Biggie Smalls to Tupac, and I realized that rappers and musical artists they needed help transitioning to acting. My clients consist of musical artists from Buster Rhymes to Eve, Missy Elliott, Angela Yee from The Breakfast Club, and Vanessa Simmons, to name a few. I also coach sports stars and host as well. I feel I have the best of both worlds. As a casting director, I know exactly what they're looking for, and as an acting coach, I can coach you to be remembered in that room. Now I know, I know actors want to get the job. I get that, but being remembered by casting director that is powerful. And now it's time for meditation of the day. You're off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get up and get on your way, doctor Seuss. I don't care how old I get. I'm always going to find time to play. If you are not having fun, what's the point If you aren't sharing a laugh or smile with someone every day?
Speaker 2: Catch up? Life is supposed to be fun.
Speaker 1: Never lose sight of the kid in you Today, I will play and have fun. Before we get started, I'd like to remind everyone to look out for my new show, Inside the Black Box. I'll be co hosting with the great Joe Morton. We'll be on Crack Network real soon. I'll keep you posted. Welcome to the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore. Man, Man, Man, you are in for an amazing, riveting, phenomenal, every just outstanding adjective I can think to describe this human being that I'm about.
Speaker 2: To bring on.
Speaker 1: I'd like to say he's one of my really super dear friends. We'll let him say it, but ladies and gentlemen, I've been on this journey for quite some time, and to see this.
Speaker 2: Man rise to the heights and.
Speaker 1: Raisin bars in this entertainment business, I am proud and honored to bring on this show. Producer director extorted Mayor mister Roger Bob.
Speaker 3: My own lost track.
Speaker 2: I heard it.
Speaker 3: I was like, Tracy, how you doing.
Speaker 2: Roger, Oh my god, thank you so.
Speaker 3: Much for having me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: No, this is history. We need to have you on.
Speaker 1: There's just so so many conversations that we can have, and I like the fact that they all evolve around actors because you can give them a plethora of just tips and diamonds and pearls. So we're going to jump in. I want the audience to know. I don't even know what year it was, Roger, but I'm sure you do.
Speaker 2: Snipes.
Speaker 3: Was that the first time we met on Snipe?
Speaker 4: First time we met, that was what Nelly Nelly in Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: Yep, it was crazy, yeah, and that Fat Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah ok right, yeah, yeah, it was crazy. It was like a little movie that could. It's one of those actually hidden gems. It's actually pretty Yeah.
Speaker 3: But that was.
Speaker 4: We sell Donna. That's right, that's right. I totally forgot about that, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. So it was just one of those great experiences. And I had never.
Speaker 4: Produced a film with an acting coach before on set, so I didn't even know. I didn't even know at that point, and we're not going to say the year, right, it was just it.
Speaker 3: Was a while. I'll say it. I don't even know what it was. It was a while ago.
Speaker 4: And you know, I didn't I didn't even know how at that point how acting coach functioned on set, because it was still a relatively new thing to have acting coaches come actually on set at that point. And and uh, you know, and it was Nelly's first film, so he needed coach.
Speaker 3: I was gonna be real.
Speaker 4: And then but you know, here's Tracy and she came on set and she you know, she's just this bright bundle energy.
Speaker 3: She came and she you know, she did her thing.
Speaker 4: And I'll be honest, at first, I was like, oh my god, it's going to take time.
Speaker 3: We're going to act every take.
Speaker 4: We gotta you know, go in, you know, have a conversation and a whole meeting. But you know, the great thing about you is that you know production too, so you know, time is money. And so yeah, it was a great experience when when the first of many with you and I it.
Speaker 2: Was so much fun.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that I remember the interview and I remember you being in the office, and I remember Rick saying we don't know what rapper we have. We're just going to get a wrapper and I'm like, okay, but I didn't know it's going to be Nelly. And in his trailer I saw the blueprint of his place that eventually landed on MTV The Cribs. The Cribs, Yeah, one of my highlights with him. Let me ask you as a as a director, I want to talk to you from your and because man Roger, I would say, like in the past decade and a half, the talent that has come under like like around you and because of you, how do you know you have an actor in the room or now in the age of self tapes, how.
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's actually just a feeling. And here's the funny thing. And I'm actually in the middle of casting right now for a project in Canada, right, so you know it's it's you know, it's just a feeling. You actually can't even put a finger on it. But it's one of the things that's consistent. It's a person who just owns the role. You know, they're not just saying the words, they're not auditioning, they're actually becoming that person in the audition. Like they're making that commitment even during the audition. I'm going to give it my all and you know it and you see it, you know, and when you see.
Speaker 3: It, you know, it's like boom. And It's funny is.
Speaker 4: We go through casting and people, producers and directors and they basically everyone involved. They always get nervous about the casting process, you know, and if you have a production that you get close to production, you haven't cast it and people getting there. I never get nervous because every single project I've ever worked on, whoever was supposed to get throw got the role, whether that's the day before, hours before, at much time which I've done that person who ever gets the role, they deserve the role.
Speaker 1: So but do you test that to the fact that you come from independent filmmaking correct? Yeah, And I was saying earlier that that's the best training that you can get.
Speaker 2: You know. I didn't go to film school. I didn't have that luxury.
Speaker 1: But I feel like every project that I've been a part of has been a tremendous learning experience.
Speaker 2: And continues to be.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Coming out of that world, you know, because you've worked.
Speaker 1: With a lot of unknown actors or aspiring actors, that we just didn't know their names at that time, right, But how were you able you know now we know, But how were you able to convince producers if you found, you know, this actor who was dynamic as opposed to a working actor who had a name that they were pushing for.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, that's the thing about you know, directors and actors.
Speaker 4: You know, they have this bond that I don't even think actors really realize because we're in the room fighting for you before you even come on on set, you know. And so part of a director, you know, half half of filmmaking is casting, probably even more so, to be quite honest with you, because you know, obviously, if you don't cast the right person, you don't get the right performance. You basically don't. Look, I can have a dope script and I could have beautiful cinematography and everything, but you know, if the actors aren't on par, then I don't really have a good movie. So you know, fifty percent of of you know, filmmaking is truly casting it, I mean it truly is. And so you know, it's funny how directors have this relationship with actors, and I always call it a false relationship because you know, we see your picture, right, and then we see your your audition tape, and then you might audition you know, in the room for a few minutes, but.
Speaker 3: That's about it, right, And then we go back to the audition tape.
Speaker 4: Then we look at your headshot, and then we see what you've done, and then we might look at other things that you've done, right, And so then we almost have this relationship with you before you even come on set. It's like, Okay, this is my person. You know, I'm going to fight for this person. I don't want her, I want her. I want her right. And then you come on set, and then we make the movie. But then after the movie, I spend another six weeks every day in the editing room looking at your face, looking at your face, looking at your face. And now I've spent you know, anywhere from three to four to five to six to seven months almost every day looking at this person's face. So it's like you almost develop this relationship with the actor.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 4: That and then and the funny thing is you see them at the premiere. They haven't seen you in like, you know, however, long four or five months when you look at them every day you're like hey, they're like, hey, how you doing.
Speaker 3: So, you know, there's this there's this weird.
Speaker 4: Relationship between directors and actors that you know, actors, I don't even think you realize that, but you know, we're always in there and they're fighting for you and and it's kind of like when you know, so, you know, making a movie obviously.
Speaker 3: It's an expensive process. It's a difficult process.
Speaker 4: It's a long process, and so you want all the pieces of the pie to make the pie great.
Speaker 3: And so when you see that actor that you want, you know, you got to fight for them. You know, that's part of being a director is you know, it's just fighting for your vision.
Speaker 4: If you see an actor that truly, you know, encapsulates your vision, got to fight for them.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that's that's what I tell the actors. The callback is about, is that you like them. You just want to make sure you want them right.
Speaker 2: And so even in that.
Speaker 1: Process, there's a relationship that has evaulved because you might not remember the actor's name, which is the casting director's job to say that, but you have a relationship like you know, as soon as the actor this is during live auditions, but as soon as the actor will walk.
Speaker 6: Through the door.
Speaker 2: Director is like, hey, you know, and the actor.
Speaker 1: Is kind of like, okay, I know, but you you know, repetition and then the idea to wear the same thing to the callback that you would wear to the audition. All these things connect the dots for you as the director.
Speaker 2: Training Roger like, I don't know about your.
Speaker 1: Experience, but in my experience in teaching and with this club house phenomena, you know, been on some in some rooms, training is something that is not really discussed, or if it.
Speaker 2: Is, it's like lightly.
Speaker 1: Anthony Matthew is on our show and he gave this great analogy. He was like, if you needed surgery, would you go to the guy in the strip mall and you know doesn't have a free right exactly.
Speaker 2: To study our craft?
Speaker 4: How important is yeah? I mean acting is a muscle. It's like everything else. It's a muscle that needs to constantly be exercised. And whether you're in front of the camera or not, whether they're on a project or not, you used to have to constantly exercise that muscle. And obviously, you know, actor's life is you know, you work and then you don't work, and then you work and then you don't work.
Speaker 3: It's important to you.
Speaker 4: If you value yourself as a commodity, as a serious actor, to work during those times when you're not working. Should I know actors who have gone to a class after set, you know, because they just, you know, they.
Speaker 3: Just they just have to do it. They have to do it. They have to do it. And the thing about it is, and you know this is you know, and.
Speaker 4: I'll use I'll use this analogy with you know, our friend Tasha Smith, right, So she's you know, she's to.
Speaker 3: Have an acting class out in La right, and.
Speaker 4: So people would come into the class like I used to come into your classes as well, and you know, just kind of observe and things like that. This is an anecdote about always being on point.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So she had this young man in the class and you know, he was kind of killing it. And then one of her friends came and visited the class one day and noticed this guy. And basically two years later, that guy who ended up being Tyler Perry came to me who I was. We were about to produce a television show, and he was like, you know, I saw this guy in this class a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: We should get him, and I'm like, really, you saw a guy in an ad class a.
Speaker 4: Few years ago, you wanted me to cast him in this ensemble comedy piece.
Speaker 3: Well that guy was Lance Gross and he had.
Speaker 4: Never done anything, and he got cast in House of Pain because Tyler saw him in an acting class acting his ass. So I say that to say, you just never know, you know, you just never know, So you know you should always always, regardless of the situation, whether again it's a fifty million dollar movie, a two million dollar movie, a half million dollar movie, a student film, and acting class, thinking seriously because it's a representation of you.
Speaker 1: And you know, connecting the dots radiance. My daughter, ladies and gentlemen went to Howard with Lance did it on my couch one day and he's like, how can I get ano acting? We're talking about acting. Next thing you know, he doesn't afford commercial.
Speaker 2: And then next thing you know, he's gone, like everybody knows him.
Speaker 1: So and Roger, because we have these same, these similar experiences, how does it feel to you know, see like, well you didn't see Lance, but if.
Speaker 2: You were to see someone like in my class.
Speaker 1: I have a laundry list of working actors and then to see them, you know, do great work film.
Speaker 4: Or your babies or your babies, you know, and you know, and I follow all of them, you know, in terms of the trajectory of their career, and it's just amazing to see and you just you know, you take pride and you take ownership.
Speaker 3: Not only that, but you know, look, this is a this is a tough business.
Speaker 4: And you want to work with people who you want to work with, you know, because you know, if you're going to go to quote unquote war on this movie set, you know, you want to go to people that you can depend on. You know, people have great personalities, you know, once going when the camera is rolling or not. You know, people who get it and when I say get it, here's.
Speaker 3: What they had to get that. You know, I personally feel like filmmaking is a privilege.
Speaker 4: You know, it's something we get, you know, paid most of the time too, you know, to make movies. You know, that's an awesome thing, you know, and it really shouldn't feel like a job, you know, and I consider it a privilege.
Speaker 3: And so you know, with that mind said, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I want people who feel the same way, who feel like, wow, this is amazing this is a great thing.
Speaker 3: You do it. I don't want people who just punch in as a nine to five, and I want people who.
Speaker 4: Always thinking about the next job or something else, or what they didn't get or what you know, all that nonsense. I just want people to, you know, realize that this is an incredible opportunity what we're doing. You know, we're making movies, we're creating content. You know, we're telling stories, and you know, it's an awesome and amazing thing that not a lot of people get to do. So you know, you need to cherish it and take it seriously and really want to do it, because, to be honity with you, it's a tough business and there's a lot of other ways to make money.
Speaker 1: Well, I've been waiting to say this because my whole crew knows this, but this is Roger Bob. Without Roger Bob inside, which is now inside the black Box, the TV show that I recently sold, would not have happened because all this is what I remember bringing it to Roger Roger like, all right, Chasey, let's do this Manhattan studios on thirty fourth Street, looking through studios, talking about the guest, and then a gentleman named Tyler Perry called you and that was the last I saw with you.
Speaker 3: Roger.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, our show.
Speaker 1: And then you got literally about I want to say, around eight years ago when I came down to Atlanta to Sea Miles. We went to lunch and you were like, you should just do that show, Chasey, you.
Speaker 3: Should just do it.
Speaker 1: And I literally told my friend who's a producer, Cassidy Arkins, I believe you know, and Cassidy introduced me a spruce. The rest is history and we start filming in April.
Speaker 4: Boom, look at that. And that's the way it happens, you know. That's that's the way. It's all about relationships. Yeah, it's all about relationships.
Speaker 3: And that's another thing that you actors should know. You know.
Speaker 4: It's it's people talk. You know, people talk, and so you know, you want to have good relationship. That's why, I mean, you know, you should always be a pleasant, good human being anyway, but is even more so because you just never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just never know.
Speaker 4: I mean how I even got to Tyler was that I was at the then it's called the Acapolco Black Film Festival, and I just happened to meet Ruben Cannon, who's you know, the cast guru and now incredible producer. And you know, we we were talking film, just talking shop, and and then we went out mary Way.
Speaker 3: And then at that point I was an assistant director.
Speaker 4: And so then he had gotten together with Tyler, and then Tyler was farming his company and then.
Speaker 3: You know, he wanted to do this first movie.
Speaker 4: He wanted to have black crew members and not a lot of at that point, they weren't a lot of black first AD's Oh I met one at Acapoco.
Speaker 3: Ruben called me.
Speaker 4: I went over there and basically never left.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 4: But that's but that's you know, that's how a lot of business is done in this industry. You know, it's it's just a relationship base, even when it comes to acting, even when it comes to casting directors. So again, you know, a reason to just always be you know what the good thing about this industry is it's cleansing like you're really literally only as good as.
Speaker 3: Your last job.
Speaker 2: You know, that's true.
Speaker 4: That's why you just got to keep bringing it in it. You know, I constantly have to keep proving myself, you know, and I just look at my last project, and I just said, Okay, look, I got to do better this project and just just try to build a good quality of work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know, I mean, even though you left and you left me and you left the black Box, I will still always credit you for that.
Speaker 1: I was so I mean, it was like watching one of my kids, because I was so proud of your work. And like, man, I thought when I was at forty Acres working with Fight that they produced a lot of things that just kept coming out. But the way you guys were manufacturing, and man were you guys in terms of because the films that I worked with with Carl Weber, we did seventeen and twenty one days.
Speaker 2: But did that start.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say that didn't start with but I tell you what did start with us? Like we were the total innovators of this of shooting an episode of sitcom a day. They would they never did that until we start doing it. And I'll tell you why. So he said he wanted to do this sitcom. My sitcom experience at that point was I worked as a DGA trainee on the Second Cosby Show with Dougie Doug Remember that one? Yeah, yes, yeah, So wait, was she on the second one?
Speaker 3: I don't think she was on the second one.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, because that's the one where they were like, weren't they Did they have a business or something.
Speaker 3: Or something like that.
Speaker 4: I can't remember, but anyway, so you know, I had worked on that and that was my limited sitcom experience that he wants to do to say, I'm okay, fine, And so I went to LA and I had a bunch of friends who had sitcoms on the ear and they all did like one.
Speaker 3: Episode a week. And I came back I was like, Okay, this is how it's done.
Speaker 4: He was like, well, why do we have to do it like that? And I really couldn't give him an answer. I was like, well, we really don't have to do it like that. We can eliminate the process. And so we were able to do that, and so we just streamlined it down to one episode a day versus one episode a week, which is what they do typically do in Los Angeles. And the truth is the only reason it takes that long is because one you just have a whole bunch of network notes, network notes.
Speaker 3: And come back and come back and come back.
Speaker 4: And so we were able to eliminate that process specifically on House of Pain because we really didn't have any network and us we were able to make the show that we wanted to make.
Speaker 3: And so, but the.
Speaker 4: Trick with that is you got to get actors who can get book quickly and adapt because you know, he'll literally change a whole script in the morning and expect us to shoot it the after lunch. So you know, I'm not sure what muscle actors use to memorize scripts, but to get in to get into and he's doing it now still, so to get into that type of world, you know, we really need to have that muscle memory to be able to memorize scripts and just and just roll with the flow.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's great training ground for that. So you guys would do a table read in the morning and then block and then shoot.
Speaker 3: Yep, so here we go.
Speaker 4: So we'll do a table We'll do a table read, right, and then we'll block it all before lunch. We'll just go to each each scene, we'll rehearse it maybe two or three times.
Speaker 3: Next scene, the next scene, next scene, next scene.
Speaker 4: Okay, we go to lunch and then we'll just after lunch we just shoot it scene by scene, scene by scene, and.
Speaker 3: After lunch we're done.
Speaker 4: And then at that point we're shooting Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and then on.
Speaker 3: UH on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You know, we work with the writers on the script and then go right back at it.
Speaker 4: And then at one point we were doing Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday we're doing House of Pain, and then Tuesday and Thursday we're doing Meet Brown.
Speaker 3: So we were you know, my head was exploding at that point. It was an awesome experience.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing is, you know, we've we've had seasoned actors as guest stars on the show, and because they were so used to this, they actually had trouble keeping up.
Speaker 3: You know, their mind was blowing, you know.
Speaker 4: But I feel like that's really the new norm because now when I look at sitcoms, they are being shot very quickly. It was because of the economics of it. So you know, that's another thing that our spirited actors have to learn is to really be the off book really quickly.
Speaker 1: And what about now with the COVID Because I was looking at your.
Speaker 2: On TV dot com, like this was a couple of.
Speaker 1: Months ago, and I was like, twenty twenty was a busy year for you at least all these films, right, how were you shooting these films?
Speaker 4: Well, the good thing is the films that came out in twenty twenty, I had shot mostly in twenty nineteen, right, So but you know I've done too. We call it post COVID films. They're tough, you know, they're tough and they take longer. But ultimately you can't really focus on that. You know, you just got to really focus on on what you're doing. It's really from the from the producer's side, where it's it's very demanding. Like for example, I'm actually leaving to go to Ottawa tomorrow and I have to quarantine for two weeks, like literally sit in my hotel room, not see any locations, not rehearse with any actors. So you know, from that standpoint, and then when the actors come, it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: They have to, you know, quarantine.
Speaker 4: So it's really a matter of what you do with that quarantine time, right, So you.
Speaker 3: Know, you call the you call the actors, you talk.
Speaker 4: You know about the actors, You use zoom things like that, so it's basically, you know, the zoom generation at the So it's a little different, but you know, like everything else in life, you just it is what it is and you just get used to it and knock it out.
Speaker 1: I know that when they talked about COVID, they were talking about an intimacy coach.
Speaker 2: Is someone that that was correct? Yes, how does that work?
Speaker 3: So that that was actually pre COVID.
Speaker 4: That was more of me to kind of fallout with the film industry. So basically, they just want to make sure that the actors, whenever they have a love scene or a sex scene or any type of intimate scene, that it's handled professionally.
Speaker 3: You know, minimal people on.
Speaker 4: The set, that the director is clear about, you know, his vision, that there's somebody is there to champion the actor if they don't feel comfortable with something, that they have somebody to go to and say, hey, I don't feel like this. Uh, you know, and you know some of them because I mean, if you don't have a lot of experience as a director directing love scenes, they're actually very helpful because they can tell you, you know, well, if you put your arm here, if they.
Speaker 3: Do that is core. So yeah, it's choreo.
Speaker 4: It's like having a dance choreography, except except it's love scene choreography. But you know, I find that the actors really really do appreciate these intimacy, coordinate and good as a producer is just something else that we got to pay for. But on the flip side, you know, anything you can do to make your actors more comfortable as work, work the money.
Speaker 2: So now you are you have your own company.
Speaker 3: But broadcast films, YEP films.
Speaker 1: And you are doing your own thing, like correct, what what is it like? Because you know, for a lot of people did not hear about Tyler Perry, you know, until the films and the television shows came out. But you know, there was definitely your core audience and supporters about the place.
Speaker 2: That's where I was first introduced.
Speaker 1: And you know, we were on a set even I were on barbershop and I was like, oh my god, you got to get in touch with that dude.
Speaker 2: I don't know who he is, but he.
Speaker 1: Does these plays right, ye because we used to watch them. What and and so many groundbreaking things like you said, you know, shooting a signam a day. What's the takeaway from the place, like Tyler Perry Studios.
Speaker 3: Quite quite a bit.
Speaker 4: I mean, first of all, I mean, I wouldn't be where I am now without that experience. So you know, it's just like everything in life, you build on, your build on your build on it. But you know, the main thing he taught me is this, you got to believe in yourself, you know. I mean he put his money, he bet on himself, and so the reason why, you know, and you know in Vegas they say scared money, don't make money. So it's like, you know, he constantly constantly bets on himself. And the other thing is, you know, he's dedicated to working with and building up a community of African American you know, producers, directors, writers, talent and so. But the main thing I would just say is one, he's a very hard worker. You know, I came in with a hard work work ethic, but you know, he basically bluted out the water, you know. Oh so so you know, I mean my two takeaways is to work hard and be prepared to bet on yourself because obviously, if you don't believe in yourself, nobody else is gonna believe in me.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And now, like going into this new I mean, you've been at your film company for ten years. Yes, it is all right, and so the next chapter, what does that look like for you? Because you've done it all right directing a d R.
Speaker 4: I think I've done every job in the film, honestly, I really do, because even when I started out, I used to you know, write, I used to produce and direct low budget videos videos, and I used to do craft service, make up, wardrobe.
Speaker 3: But it's great because you know, it just teaches.
Speaker 4: You the entire gamut of filmmaking and and and to be honest with you, you know, as an actor, I think when you see you know the actors right now, you know, if your actor really has vision and you have had some sort of success, the first thing you want to get as a production deal so that you create your own content, because you know, as an actor, you can be the actor who just goes on auditions and then you know it has no control over their career, or you can be the type of actor who once they get to a certain status, like I'm going to take control of my career. I'm going to start creating opportunities not just for myself, but you know, but for other people.
Speaker 3: And that's why I always say, but whose actors? You know, if you have downtime, you know, stay on set. You know, see how it goes down. You know, you know, see what it actually takes. Talk to the producers, ask questions. You know what I mean, because those are the actors that, like, I.
Speaker 4: Know, you had Terry vaughn On who now is a travel director and yeah, you see all these you know, Sally Richardson, you know, an incredible an addition is still acting. So it just creates another opportunity for you. Because let's say you know, you're an actor, but for whatever reason, your career is not going where you want it to be, but you still have this love des I had been the arch. There's no reason why you can't direct, there's no reason why you can't produce, there's no reason why you can't write. So it just, you know, creates other opportunities. So I always encourage actors when they're on set. You know, if you have downtime, man, just hang out on set. That's where the action is. Nothing's going on in trailer, that's right, The action is on set. You know, that's where the money gets made.
Speaker 2: That is it's like a golf course.
Speaker 3: You make the yeah, make the deal exactly exactly listen.
Speaker 1: Roger twenty eight minutes is up. My heart is broken because I don't get these opportunities people to spend time with Roger.
Speaker 2: Bob, you don't understand my hero.
Speaker 1: But I have to say this what I took away from you, Roger when you left, because I really I was really sad. You know, it's like my friend is gone to Atlanta. It didn't feel like you were coming back.
Speaker 3: And I never did.
Speaker 7: No, you didn't.
Speaker 2: You never did. That's the thing. I'm bar broken.
Speaker 1: But one of the things that you said to me, you wanted to direct commercials.
Speaker 2: And I remember you said you are to direct commercials and I was like, so, what are you.
Speaker 3: Going to do it?
Speaker 2: You were like, I'm just gonna do it. I'm just creating my own commercial.
Speaker 3: And then shoot it.
Speaker 2: And and that's something that.
Speaker 4: That commercial got me other commercials.
Speaker 3: Right. I bet on myself, you know, that's.
Speaker 2: And that's how I was going to bring a full circle.
Speaker 1: So you've done it for me. Yes, you bet on yourself. And look at where you are, man, ladies and gentlemen. You are so blessed, so blessed to have this amazing, dynamic person.
Speaker 2: And I'm your best friend.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, you are absolutely you. Spruce and doctor Dave, Well, we.
Speaker 1: Are so happy to be your best friend and we're happy that you're going to stick around for classic sessions.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we'll be.
Speaker 1: Back with the Spirited act your podcast with me Tracy Moore, and we will be back with class and Session. Welcome back to the Spirited Actor Podcast with Me Tracy Moore and Roger.
Speaker 2: Bob is still here. You are blessed today, So sit back. I want you to listen.
Speaker 1: He's gonna give you some more diamonds and jewels, so you need to get your treasure test together.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So we have our Spirited Actor loved, our writer in residence leaenn Amado Haleyan, and.
Speaker 2: We have our actors.
Speaker 1: We have Sam Brice was Evan Sam and coming off of mute, mister Miles Marrable.
Speaker 7: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're gonna mute Miles. I'm gonna get off and let you guys do your thing. So it's all on you, Roger. After they finished the scene, you could give them whatever love feedback you.
Speaker 2: Want to give them. Okay, let's do it all right, you guys. I'm going to meet.
Speaker 8: Big Blue exterior street corner Harlem day Officer Lamar's post across the streets, Lee meet his boys outside the bodega. Lee makes a quick sale and dapts his boys goodbye when he realizes Officer Lamar watching all along. Unfazed, he keeps him moving Lee. Officer Lamar yells out as he cuts across the street, meetingly on his way.
Speaker 3: How you been boy?
Speaker 7: Well Bill, I don't you have Let's ship. You couldn't run.
Speaker 9: And you should wash your mouth after I just let the ship that I just seen go se let off with Dominn.
Speaker 6: Lee proceeds to walk. Officer Lamar follows.
Speaker 5: I don't give a shit about the bag we're seeing.
Speaker 3: What with you?
Speaker 10: I don't ask you to check on me? Yeah, so on my shit. I don't get in because I know that you're better than what you're doing right now.
Speaker 3: Lee.
Speaker 11: Oh, you think you can hold with me because you've seen me grow love.
Speaker 7: Like like you say.
Speaker 9: You don't know shit. I know that you want to be on this side, and you let these fools talk you out of doing what it is that you really wanted to do. I thought you were a leader.
Speaker 6: Lee picks up his pace as he gets under his skin.
Speaker 11: Nah, I ain't following nobody. This is easy for me out here. So why can't you just leave me be? Because I see you, Lee, and I.
Speaker 7: Care I was you. If you can't so much, why'd you let them take many from me? Huh?
Speaker 3: Listen, that wasn't my case, Lee.
Speaker 9: I couldn't do anything about that, but I can do something when it comes to you. So stop running from me and get what I have the chance.
Speaker 3: Give it a chance.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 12: Look, I'd love to, but your track record ain't the best with me. Your words don't mean shit. Help many out income for me come see me.
Speaker 6: So, Lamar chuckles to himself.
Speaker 5: You have a lot of lift. You should lose it right. Help comes far and few don't take it for granted.
Speaker 8: He looks him and eye and salute him.
Speaker 7: Ah ah holler.
Speaker 6: Lee heads off, leaving office and Lamar visibly frustrated.
Speaker 2: Good joby, guys, job, Yeah, that would be going.
Speaker 3: First of all, who wrote that? What movie is that? From your film?
Speaker 2: Call everything?
Speaker 3: Good? Good job, good job.
Speaker 4: There were a couple of times where I felt like a dialogue. There was a little space that I feel like you guys could have probably jumped on each other to make it a little bit more conversational. But other than that, Bryce, I'll start with you, Bryce, who's nice. You know, love your love, your annunciation, love your addiction. I definitely felt, you know, new York Street cop, you know, from you. I felt from your performance there that you really cared about this guy, you know, you, you know, I felt like you were one of those cops who you know, uh, trying to make a difference, and that came out. Love your tone, tone of your voice, strength, a little little vulnerability there.
Speaker 3: So good job, good job on that. Miles my man definitely felt Street Streets. I don't know how because I know what's up.
Speaker 4: But I definitely felt you know, you know, I felt Streets from you. You know, you got a little gruffness in your voice, which is which is great, which has definitely worked for this particular role.
Speaker 3: Again, just just be aware of the pauses.
Speaker 4: Because I know, you know, when you're acting, you want to give the actor, you know, time to do his thing. But conversations don't necessarily always work like that, especially something like this as it because it built up and built up and built up, so I felt like towards the end, you guys could have just been a little bit over each.
Speaker 3: Other, so you can make your points.
Speaker 4: But other than that, I felt that I thought it was a good job from both both parties.
Speaker 3: And it was a very good audition piece. By the way.
Speaker 1: Wow, yay, give it up for Roger, Bob leading to gentlemen, Thank you, Lianne, thank you Sam and Miles. You guys did a great job. Roger, you got to come back on when finish the Canada uh huh, so that we could talk about it, because I've been to your premieeres.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I promise you. This is my next film that comes out. I'm going to premiere right here and talk about it on The Spirited Actor.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, And while you making promises, you know you could call me you know my number, I could, I could work, I could.
Speaker 3: Work, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: And the time you'll get me, you'll get me Sam and Miles's information.
Speaker 13: Yes as well, and and Lisa too. Yes, yes, yes, I will get you all.
Speaker 2: Of the information. Roger.
Speaker 1: I can't thank you enough because I do know how valuable your time is, even though I complain.
Speaker 2: That I don't get a lot of it, but I.
Speaker 1: Know in your spirit and deepen your heart right here in your heart. There is a place that says Tracy. Yes, absolutely, ladies and gentleman, I told you, I told you this is going to be a riveting, a riveting interview. I want you all to put your hands together for a director, actor, the actor, director, producer.
Speaker 2: Well maybe maybe I could get you to do something. I'm excited because I'm writing.
Speaker 1: We're crazy and I love it. And oh man, you know, I got mad love for you. Roger Bob, thank you so much for coming on the Spirited Actor Podcast.
Speaker 3: Very welcome, Tracy anytime.
Speaker 2: Thank you everybody giving up for Roger bub and we will be back on.
Speaker 1: The Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore to give love, and now it's time forgive love. Being a grandmother feels like a do over. I can teach Sarria all the things she needs to grow up to be happy and healthy. However, I do make sure that we play in the snow, we run in the park, and we eat ice cream whenever we get a chance. I love to laugh with her and tell jokes. I love to listen to her jokes and watch her paint on canvas. I love the fun of being her grandmother, and never ever forgetting to play.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to look.
Speaker 1: Out for us on our new show, Inside the black Box. My co host will be Joe the Legend Morton. It's going to be the Spirited Actor Podcast on Steroids.
Speaker 2: We'll be streaming on the Crackle network. I'll keep you posted.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us on the Spear. You'it an actor podcast with me Tracy Moore. I look forward to our next Spirited podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you.