Speaker 1: I love this dude with a deep passion because of how much he loves the Dodgers, how much he loves playing baseball, how much work he puts in each year to getting better.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, what's going on? And welcome to a brand new edition of Dodgers' Territory. I'm Alana Rizzo.
Speaker 3: That is Katie Wu and Clint Pizias. We are psyched that you guys are here. Thanks for being here. Everybody. Subscribe to us on YouTube, wherever you get your podcasts, Apple, Spotify, you get the picture. Let's to get to a series, to recap, a series, to preview, Let's get.
Speaker 2: To the big ticket.
Speaker 3: I just would like to put out there that the girls are better than the boy, because Katie and I said that we were going to take three or four, and he said that we were only going to win two out of the four.
Speaker 2: Katie and I were correct, Clint was not.
Speaker 3: But that's okay because the Dodgers won three of four games, and that's all we care about. Katie, you were there, what did you like?
Speaker 2: What did you not like?
Speaker 4: Well, as much as I want to take credit for our incredible skills, have always been right, Alana, I will say that Clint was very close to being right if it wasn't for two insane comebacks Thursday and Friday to be down six zero in the season or the series opener, We'll get to the Roki Sasaki stuff and then go back and score what was almost twelve unanswered runs. That was a big one. I felt like that was really deflating for the Padres. And then the task of Hernandez returned the Grand Slam that I felt like everyone knew was coming. Great call by Joe Davis, by the way, that to me felt like the dagger. So Clint, you were almost right, but you know, you just can't beat us, just like the Padres can barely beat the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more more to be said about the Padres for sure. And you see it on the bottom there, the reeling Padres. They needed that win yesterday. I don't know how much it really helps them with their season. I do think at one point I had said three or four before I took a step back either way. I will happily, you know, have egg on my face with this series. A lot of good stuff. The Tao was the biggest one that that Friday game was a lot of fun, there obviously battling back the way they did on Thursday. You're down early with rookie Sasaki on the bump down what down six over the first like three innings year feeling God, here we go. It's one of those games in this season series between these teams with the Padres usually win that first game. In fact, they're able to battle back with a vengeance put twelve runs on the board. That was a lot of fun, but the Dodgers had zero business winning that Friday game. Tayo Tao with the I mean, he didn't do much in the series, but he did something when it mattered, and that that Grand Slam. If we're gonna talk about the Padres for a second, that is that has got to be just the biggest, like devastating blow. I think I put embarrassing in the title hell of this episode. It's an embarrassing situation for the Padres where they're at, considering what a month prior they had a half game lead or whatever it was in the nl WES to now be coming out of the series fourteen games down, Alana, That's that's embarrassing. That's tough.
Speaker 3: It is embarrassing, and you know, we had hoped that we would win the division.
Speaker 2: I didn't think that.
Speaker 3: We thought we were going to have a fourteen game lead on July sixth.
Speaker 2: That that is still where we stand.
Speaker 3: Correct, We were fourteen games yesterday going into the into the series. The Dodgers, you know, they had won ten of their last twelve before coming into the game. I mean, you want the adversity during the season, so you're prepared.
Speaker 2: But we've talked about this before.
Speaker 3: We talked about it on our Monday show that as long as they're playing good baseball at the right time, and obviously as long as everybody's healthy, it just matters that they win the division. That's the first box that they want to check, and they're going to do that. I mean, guys, they're sending what six players to the All Star Game? You know, show Heyo Tani, Freddy Freeman, Max Munsey, Andy Paiez and Yoshinobuyama photo You are correct, math is hard, so five guys. But they're the best team in baseball by a lot. And I'm not talking about just the National League guys, I'm talking about all of baseball. They lead the majors in batting average, OPS, runs per game, Their third and home runs in all of baseball, and you think about it a little bit. Guys, it's remarkable what they've been able to do. And they haven't even had their full rotation the entire season. They haven't had Blakes now, Katy's going to give us an update on him. They haven't had Tyler Glasnaw for the majority of the season. Really, Edwin Diaz, he's starting to make some progress, but he's not been with them the last couple of months. Yet they still rank fourth in Major League Baseball and ERA. Someone's about to ring my doorbell. I think sorry about that, oh Tani firmly in the Cy Young conversation at eight and two with a one to seven to nine ERA four and two thirds inning shy of qualifying for that Cy Young, we were worried about the innings.
Speaker 2: Was he going to have enough?
Speaker 3: Maybe Yamamoto nine and five with a two four nine ERA and surprise of the staff, Justin Robleski, friend of the show, who should be an All Star.
Speaker 5: Maybe he gets there.
Speaker 2: We don't know. The manager of the National League could do something about it.
Speaker 3: He leads a team with the ten and two record, Rebleski does, so, I tell you what only the Astros have blown fewer saves than the Dodgers this season, and I'm impressed with what they've been able to do without having arguably two of their best arms in the rotation and the best closer, one of the best closers in baseball in their moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you met mentioning there. You know, the Edwin Diaz factor. Tanner Scott again, I think people were not giving it enough. Everybody's not getting enough love to Tanner Scott what he's been able to do filling in without Edwin Diaz here, picking up a lot of saves for this team. But yeah, you're getting Edwin Diaz back maybe in a couple of weeks. You mentioned we're going to talk about that. You're getting Evan Phillips back today. We'll talk about that a little bit later. This is a very good baseball team and they are going to just keep getting better. One of the narratives, and Katie, I am interested in your opinion of the Padres. We'll get to that in a second. But one of the narratives, of course, Kyle hurt. Not a great game for him yesterday. It has been a rougher go of things for Kyle Hurt, and I am the the the leader in the clubhouse when it comes to the the Kyle Hurt, you know, marching in chowder society. I do wonder if it's time for maybe a little bit of a triple a mental reset because there he's been given up just a lot of base runners just but it was like every inning he's coming in, he's walking or giving up the hit to the leadoff batter. Hasn't been a smooth going for him. It looks like he's really trying to hone it in. Katie, What's what's your kind of thought with where the team is at with Kyle Hurt and you know, maybe getting ahead of ourselves a little bit here, could he be somebody that potentially is the odd man out in the Evan Phillips return.
Speaker 4: No, And unsurprisingly I am not concerned about Kyle Hurt. I think that is the beauty, if you will, of the Dodgers roster, especially with Phillips coming back. You can tweak bullpen roles at any time, and we've seen guys step up like Tanner Scott. We've seen guys maybe to have a little bit of aggression like Kyle Hurt right now. But the Dodgers have a such a big lead in the division and be so many options in their bullpen that I think you can make the argument that maybe you take Kyle Hurt out of more higher leverage. I know yesterday didn't exactly scream the highest levers, but it was still important to hold that score, which he did not do. But I don't think this is a triple A situation. I think this is just renegotiate the role a little bit, restructure the bullpen again.
Speaker 5: Phillips coming back should be today.
Speaker 4: We should have that announcement shortly actually, and then maybe move Kyle Hurt back down to the leverage spots that he was at the beginning of the season, just so he can find his feel again. Baseball is all about a game of adjustments. So we talk a lot about pictures adjusting to hitters. Well, hitters are going to adjust to the pitchers too, and it seems like they've caught up a little bit to what Kyle Hurt's doing.
Speaker 5: I don't think that necessarily means a demotion.
Speaker 4: I just think it's time to maybe put him a little bit back in the trush tree, have them work some things out at the major league level. And rely on the veterans that are coming back over the next few weeks to have him regain his confidence. I'd be very surprised at the Dodgers ship him out.
Speaker 3: Katie Wu is the voice of reason on Dodger's territory that we love that she is here in her third season making people back away from the ledge a little bit more. One thing I want to talk about in all seriousness is the job in the situation that Alfonso Eliezer Alfonso Junior had to deal with over the course of a weekend. What an emotional roller coaster, you guys, for those that don't know, and I'm sure you guys listening and watching do because you're big Dodgers fans. A devastating debut major League Baseball debut for him and his family. He hails from the country of Venezuela. Obviously, you guys know that Venezuela had two massive earthquakes, and unfortunately his sister and his stepmother are were two of the people that have perished in this earthquake. And he had to take that aside for a moment and make his major league debut. What should have been an un believable moment for he and his family something obviously he's wanted his entire life. He I'm sure he, you know, had a very heavy heart and a very heavy mind. And Katie, of course was there. So my heart breaks for him, and my thoughts and prayers obviously are with him and his family and obviously the entire country of Venezuela. But you were there, and he didn't have to speak to the media, Katie, and he did and I would I would like your perspective about this.
Speaker 5: No, he absolutely did not.
Speaker 4: And we saw the reports coming in that morning of yesterday's game, and you know, we're still trying to verify our own and trying to make sure that this is a one hundred percent thing that unfortunately happened. And you saw the reception from Dodger fans before his first a bat, and to have the stadium kind of recognize the tragedy that happened and offer support. I mean, this is supposed to be one of the best days of his life, and unfortunately it becomes one of the most tragic for his entire family. And he's still elected to play Sunday, get in the plate, make his major league debut in honor of his stepmom, Patricia and his sister Eliana, and it was such a delicate situation post game, and I really want to commend him for being at his locker and speaking, because you're totally.
Speaker 5: Right, Alana.
Speaker 4: He doesn't owe anyone, especially us, any kind of conversation or explanation. He could have absolutely said no, thank you, and I think it would have been very much understood. But he stood there and answered questions and spoke about an unspeakable tragedy. So I think all around he spoke to the ovation that he received from Dodger fans, and I think that really meant a lot to him because it just recognized again the profound tragedy that him and his family were going through. This is someone that there's a lot of connection with the Alfons of family. Maggey Rope knows his father back in Venezuela. Dave Roberts actually played with his father two seasons on the Giants. So to see the Dodgers' clubhouse come out and kind of band together and support him, Dodger fans doing the same thing, and then of course speaking and giving you know, his personal feelings about again one of the most unimaginable tragedies.
Speaker 5: It was a very sad day, But I do hope the.
Speaker 4: Alfonso family can take a little bit of solace and knowing that a dream, a lifelong dream, was achieved yesterday, and I think we'll continue to be rooting for this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously, so much could be said about this. Your heart goes out to everybody, every family that has been affected by this devastation in Venezuela. If you are going to find the positive and something, it is Dodgers fans in this situation. You know, media, other fan bases like to give Dodger fans a lot of crap. Oh, they show up late, they leave early, they don't really know, they show up to the game just to take their selfies and whatnot. But that stadium gave the kid a standing ovation. They are in tune with what's going on with this team day in day out. You get people obviously hanging out with us here a few times a week, trying to get their Dodger fixed, trying to be in the know with as much stuff as we can share along the way with them. But this is a fan base that understands a moment, understands the situation. And you know, Alfonso had said it was emotional when he heard his name announced that first at bat. To feel the support from the fans. It's something he's going to keep in his heart with him for the rest of his life. To bring it just some smidge of joy on what's got to be the most devastating day in your life, to to learn what you had feared, you know, was a reality. You know, you got to commend the Dodgers for and the fan base for help, and just bring a little bit of joy in what should have been the best day of your life. You're making your major league debut, you know, but yeah, shout out Dodgers fans, Shout out Alfonso. Hopefully, you know, you start to heal moving forward.
Speaker 3: And while Andy pa Has is not dealing with the exact same type of situation guys. Obviously, with the devastation of an Ala, he has yet to be able to reach his family as far as I know to this point, and that maybe that's changed, but to my knowledge, Andy Pa has has not been able to reach his parents to let them know that he.
Speaker 2: Was selected to his first All Star Game.
Speaker 3: Obviously, Andy pa Has is from Cuba, and the communication and you know, infrastructure and all of the things very different in Cuba than it is in the United States of America. My mom came from Cuba. They immigrated here in nineteen sixty five for a reason to get out of there, and it's a tough go there. But Andy Pai has has had such tremendous year, in fact, an all star type of season, So congratulations to him as well, and hopefully he will be able to reach his family to give them.
Speaker 2: Give them the good news. So it's a heavy thing here.
Speaker 3: But this is another reminder, guys, and we say this all of the time, right that these guys are people before they are players, and you know they have a lot of stuff going on too. You know, they're not just robots out there just taking the ball every fifth day, getting in the lineup every day or whatever it is. So anyway, we're thinking about you, Eliezer Alfonso and your family, and obviously thinking about the country of Venezuela as well. All right, guys, much more to come on Dodgers' territory here on this Thursday afternoon, But first a word from our friends at foul.
Speaker 6: Hey for the families out there looking for a different path to help your child succeed at home, looking to K twelve Parate Schools. Todd, Father, you've done the homeschooling thing in the past. I know you liked it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did. I liked it a lot. All my kids have done it before. It's an opportunity for them to stay at home and enjoy school just as much. They learn a lot. And this is an opportunity for families that are on the go too as well. They have to understand, Listen, can't be at a regular school at all times. I need my child to be doing this, whether it's an athletic career, whatever stature they are at. And we loved every second of it, and I think it is an easy opportunity for some children.
Speaker 6: K twelve offers tuition free, accredited online public education for students in K through twelve on a setting that works for your family. See how K twelve Powate Schools can help unlock your child's full potential. Enroll today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K, the number twelve dot com slash f o u l K twelve dot com slash foul.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's our catch all segment where we have a lot of dodgers things to catch up on my favorite one of the day. As we get back into some positive, some joy, some I guess good things for the Dodgers family as a whole. You get e phillyback, Evan Phillips returns today, Katie, what can you tell us more about the return of of Evan high leverage honeybun there is Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, is that what we're calling him? You guys got to keep me up to date on this, honey.
Speaker 1: And then we came up with the high leverage honeybun CLEA.
Speaker 4: Then we don't even need to worry about Kyle hurt because he's bumping down and leverage. Here it comes Evan Phillips. Everything is good. We never worry about anything in Dodger Land. But yeah, he should return today off the sixty sixty day il along a way to return for Evan Phillips. It'll be nice to have some more veteran presence and a bullpen that, in my opinion, has been the most surprising and a good way of the first half where these Los Angeles Dodgers. A forty man decision will need to be made, so we're looking at two kind of separate roster moves today. I'm not quite sure who is going to take or who Evan's spot is going to take. That's when it makes sense. But you know what I mean, I will say, Apolosi, your based through two Indians yesterday, So if you're going on speculation usage, that seems to be the most likely route.
Speaker 5: But we'll see again.
Speaker 4: It will require a forty man move to activate Evan Phillips. That should officially be today. I know there was some thought of it maybe being yesterday. But welcome back Evan Phillips. Welcome back to the Dodgers bullpen that has been an anchor for this club.
Speaker 5: Things are trending in the right direction.
Speaker 4: We have a lot more Dodgers coming back post All Star break, So get ready to hear our favorite saying it's just like making a trade many times throughout the meth of July.
Speaker 1: That's what they do, you know, and no other team gets to add these guys, Will Smith, Edwin Diaz, Blake Snell, a couple of names I just mentioned there. Edwin Diaz, big one yesterday throws a baseball two hitters, including Keiky Hernandez, another guy this team's gonna be getting back on the active roster at some point what can you tell us about Edwin Diaz and you know his timeline of return, which I'm sure the Dodgers are happy he put one out there publicly.
Speaker 2: Yes, love that.
Speaker 5: I love when players do that.
Speaker 4: A very newsy Sunday morning slash afternoon, A little insane for a day after a holiday.
Speaker 5: I had to lock in real quick when I got to work.
Speaker 4: Yesterday see Edwin Diaz facing live hitters for the first time since April. He faced Alex Freeland twice, keik Hernandez one, so that was super notable both for Edwin Diaz and k k Hernandez taking swings. He wants to call over we have assignment.
Speaker 5: We talked to him.
Speaker 4: Yesterday right after you through hitters and he was like, yeah, I'm ready to go, just winning on the dodge.
Speaker 5: To tell me when we can do that.
Speaker 4: So looking at sometime post All Star break, I know we've had different stints and different lengths for multiple rehab assignments for relievers. With Edwin Diaz, it's key to remember the Dodgers only need him for one inning, the ninth inning, so we're not really looking at a lot of bulk, you know, even with Evan Phillips for example, it was can he do up and down? Can he do back to backs? Can he get hot in a moment's notice? Can he plan out and be a normal reliever? Edwin Diaz doesn't have to check all those boxes. The Dodgers just need him to a stay healthy obviously and be execute. They need him for one inning top, so this could be depending on how he recovers a shorter rehab assignment once he begins. My speculation of this timeline is that we see him back right around the trade deadline, which to the Dodger's credit, is actually exactly you know when they rough estimated when we could see him back. So everyone gets one right, you know, the Dodgers touched not always with their injuries, so we'll be nice to see Evan Diaz back. And again, no need to trade for a closer when you're getting one back.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: One. Actually, one more thing, my bad on that. One more thing. Off of that, he also addressed something we haven't talked about a whole bunch because MLB hasn't talked about Dodge. IM talked about about it, but the whole cock fighting thing, it seems like nothing. He hasn't really spoken to nobody from baseball spoken to him about it much. He said something that's legal in his country, or at least it's not illegal. You know, the morality of it is an entirely different story. But can you tell us about him kind of addressing that situation?
Speaker 5: Is this for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah you were there, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just making sure, But yeah, I think I think, like for Edwin, I think he said all he could. You know, if it was going to be an investigation, maybeage Baseball would have done it by now. And again, as an animal enthusiast like Alana, you can absolutely debate the morality of it. But it's a different culture over there, and who am I to speak on someone's culture that I'm simply not.
Speaker 1: A part of.
Speaker 4: So I can understand the investigation and wanting to know if there was going to be any sort of con sequins, It does not sound like it. We have not heard of an MLB investigation. It's been several months now, so I think this is mostly.
Speaker 5: Put to bed at this point.
Speaker 3: So from the back end of the bullpen to the front end of the rotation, Blake Snell is finally facing hitters as we know, or extra stor and baseball. That's a good thing. Getting closer to facing hitters, is what I meant to say. Heading out on a rehab, I feel like he's been gone for seven months, but it is good to see him on a mound. Of course, the training staff is looking Mark Pryor, you can see him there looking at Blake Snell as well. Still has the positive attitude, still seems to be like a fun guy. You see him messing around with Kirsten Watson and the dugout when she's trying to do her interviews and stuff, and he's back there dance and kind of taking over key K's role with me when I was there. It's good to see him, though, how close is he really realistically? Is this a post All Star break type of thing and how far out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a great question.
Speaker 4: Obviously, great to see Blake Snell not just throwing, but throwing off a mount. I'll need to face live hitters and then we're gonna go back to the longer kind of rehab stint because he's a starting pitcher. Daughters want to build him out. We went through this the last time around May when he was coming back. So usually the progression is three innings then you go right around four to five, depending on how you recover from your first start. And then when you get to write around the five innings seventy pitch mark, that's kind of when teams can make the decision on if it's time to activate it or not. With Blake Snell, you don't really need him to go eight, right, You need him to do five or six quality innings, take it over to the bullpen. That again will be replenished with Evan Phillips and Edwin Diaz. So my rough estimate, it all kind of depends on when he bases live hitters and starts that rehab assignment. It's July sixth today, so I still don't think we have an exact timeline for Blake Snell. But the closer is to throwing off the mound, the closer us to facing live hitters, and then once you do that, you're pretty much set for a rehab assignment. But he does have to build up obviously, get that arm back to where it was. That takes some time for starters, certainly much longer than reliever.
Speaker 1: Another guy a little bit further behind, probably a lot of bit further behind Blake Snell, But we have seen. He has emerged from his cocoon. Tyler glassnew throwing a baseball at Dodger Stadium. We saw a video of that. I think what Thursday or Friday was throwing. I don't know if he got an any action in on over the weekend. But it doesn't need to be a whole lot here because there's not a whole lot to say about glass now. But where are we at in that progression now?
Speaker 5: I saw him throw with my own eyes. It happened.
Speaker 4: He's been doing that throughout the week, throughout the last series against San Diego, so certainly working back and this again is going to play into We've talked about this before. It's Snell and Glassnow's health and where they stand leading up to the August third trade deadline will dictate to some extent what the Dodgers do at this deadline. Andrew Freeman has said before he'll probably say it again. They don't want to be very active this deadline. They really want to focus on, if they could, at a perfect world, being sellars, which is kind of weird because they are the best team in baseball. The best team in baseball doesn't, but this is the Los Angeles Dodgers we're talking about.
Speaker 5: So the rules don't apply. If there's a.
Speaker 4: Setback with Snell or Glass, now the Dodgers might rethink their stance on their current rotation. But with those two plus Otani plus Yamamoto, you have Robleski adjusses for Robo, get them in the All Star Game, maybe coming in as like your emergency starter if you need one. Then you have a bullpen that starts with Edwin Diaz, Roki Sasaki, Emmit Shean.
Speaker 5: You're feeling pretty good about the pitching. So the best thing the Dodgers can do right now is wait and see for Tyler Glass.
Speaker 4: Now, Luckily for them, they have this crazy lead in the NL West, they have the best record in baseball. They can afford to do this at the moment. We'll see how things look. Closer to August.
Speaker 3: We are a week away, ladies and gentlemen from the Home Run Derby for the Midsummer Classic, of course, taking place in Philadelphia, Philly, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Citizens Bank Park.
Speaker 2: We are going. Kittie and I will be there.
Speaker 3: Foul Territory is going to be there as well, so we're going to be getting all the content for you guys. But I'm excited to be there just because there's so many All Stars that are going to be there representing the Dodgers obviously show hey, I mean that you might as well just write that in every year, right, Freddy Freeman veteran player Max Munsey. We'll talk more about Max and how cool this is. Andy Pye's to me is so neat, I mean, and not just because he's a Dodger, but because Dodgers fans showed out and hopefully other fans in the league too, you know that watch and are paying attention to what he's been able to do. I mean, this is a guy that I, yes, me, wanted to send to the Moon last year, and now the man is an All Star and so deservingly so, I mean, and the one of the top vote getters, and I thought that was really cool. People are paying attention to what Andy Paie has is doing, so I'm excited for that, and of course Yoshinobu Yamamoto as well.
Speaker 2: So it's great.
Speaker 3: But let's talk a little bit more about Max Munsey, guys, because we were talking about this on our production meeting. This is a young man not so young anymore, but younger than us, well not Katie, but whatever, that didn't even have a job about you know, ten years ago or whatever. He was with the Oakland Athletics and they were Oakland at the time they defade him.
Speaker 2: He was kind of just sitting on his couch, didn't have a job.
Speaker 3: And you know, he was kind of a reclamation project when the Dodgers got him. And he is arguably one of the most impactful Dodgers we've certainly had in the last ten years in terms of what he has meant to this team. Maybe doesn't have the bigger name, but certainly has had some of the biggest impact.
Speaker 2: And Katie, you.
Speaker 3: Can talk about that more about what his fellow All Star Freddy Freeman said about him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was talking to a majority of veterans in the Dodgers' clubhouse about what Max Munsey means because I think you're right along. I think in the national scope he's kind of underrated, which sounds crazy to say, knowing what we knowing what we know about how much he means to the Dodgers franchise. But I think in the overall picture, when you have a roster that's at star supt do as Los Angeles, Max Munsey and his accomplishments get kind of buried, and I can understand that as an outsider. But inside the clubhouse, make no mistake, there is so much value and love and appreciation for Max Munsey. Fredi Freeman said essentially what you just said about. You know, I think he gets kind of lost in the shuffle, but make no mistake, inside this clubhouse, he is absolutely a pillar.
Speaker 5: He's the longest tenure Dodger.
Speaker 4: He has consistently taken less money to stay a Dodger.
Speaker 5: He wants to be in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: A really good story by Fabi and Ardaya in The Athletic about all the changes he's made since twenty twenty with mental health or mental skills. Coach Brent Walker, this is a guy who was so committed to be the best possible Dodger and is going to be in the Dodgers Hall of Fame one day and is absolutely deserving of being the starting third basement for the National League. His three children, I think as oldest is going to be able to remember this. This is something that he talked to me about and how much this meant to him getting his family out there. So Dodgers fans Dodger Nation knows how pivotal and important Max Munsey is. Now is a chance for the rest of the baseball world to see it as well. It's not just always the Otawni Yamamoto, Freddy Freeman, Mooki bets show that it feels that way. Max Munsey absolutely right up there in terms of the most important Dodgers in the last decade.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, we're talking about Max and it's not just oh oh, Max is getting in there because like it's this last season or something like that. Obviously, he still has more years of baseball left in him, but he is like arguably the best third baseman in the National League this year. I mean, only behind Junior Cameronaro for all third basemen all told. It's why I'm making him today's FanDuel Daily Dinger pick. By the way, just how good Max has been for this team this year as I got to look over here, put some things on the board here and whatnot. But I love this dude. I love this dude with a deep passion because of how much he loves the Dodgers, how much he loves playing baseball, how much work he puts in each year to getting better. Last time, he was an All Star twenty twenty one, had a great year. He was setting up to be the first basement for this team for the foreseeable future. That final game, his elbow gets destroyed, gets run in by Jase Peterson, probably a little more inside the line where he should be trying to, you know, reach base in the final game, a meaningless game, I believe, at that point for the Milwaukee Brewers, Munsey battles back, has a couple, you know, a really tough start to his twenty twenty two trying to figure out if he could ever get back. Also, at that time, the Dodgers go out there and they ink Freddie Freeman. He gets displaced from first base, moves over to third base, doesn't want to play third base, doesn't like third base, becomes one of the better defending third basemen in baseball as well. Whatever this team has needed out of Max Munsey over the last eight nine, coming up on ten years, he has done. And he's also rewarded them for his for their belief in him by you know, consistently signing for well under what he would be valued in free agency because he wants to be here. He wants to be a part of something special, of a three peat of you know, coming off back to back, all that kind of stuff. It's just it's so cool. He's getting super close to being the all time LA home run leader as well. Yeah, he's not going to pass Duke Snyder on the all time franchise list because four hundred dingers is a long way away. But what this dude has meant to this organization and how much work he puts in to getting better every single day, every single year and being a leader in that clubhouse. Daily dinger all day, just not even daily weekly dinger, all the things.
Speaker 2: Love you, Max, you do that was quite the guys, A dude, love it. He is a dude.
Speaker 3: But by the way, guys, we appreciate FanDuel for being a partner here on Dodgers Territory. Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That is FanDuel dot com Slash podcast to opt in for daily dingers Max, that's a lot of them and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer, playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel and official partner of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: No purchase necessary.
Speaker 3: Opt in is required bonuses are issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max max Muncie wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler. All right, so we appreciate you, Max, well done.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We haven't seen anybody participating yet, have we. Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: I mean with the biceps issue for Otani that you know as much as I love as for the fans of Lesi that that's a bad idea, that's a bad play. Maybe Jordan Walker Walker shout out Cardinals ud be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't. I haven't seen any official announcement yet.
Speaker 3: And I know they have obviously a monetary incentive, and they're you know, changing the rules a little bit.
Speaker 2: But it'll be fun to watch. Looking forward to get into Philly and and all that.
Speaker 5: Out's got to do it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's Sliver should do it.
Speaker 3: I mean Schreber should do it. I mean obviously his his hometown team there. All right, guys, let's let's take a look at the puppers.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: We introduced you to Scottie last Monday, we're still doing it because this little sweet boy, he's three years old, needs a family. He's looking for his forever home. He's being fostered right now in Huntington Beach, California, but unfortunately his fosters are a little bit on the older side and he's a lot of dog for them. And we're looking for an active family, somebody that could give him long walks or hikes or you know, just give him some you know, a little bit of play and fetch and get that puppy energy out.
Speaker 2: He's only three. He's a healthy, happy, good with other dogs.
Speaker 3: So if you're interested in learning more about Scottie, please reach out to me at Gidry's Guardian dot org or just hit me up on social and I can give you.
Speaker 1: More scott He looks like a good boy.
Speaker 2: He is a good boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all good boys. By the way, I'm looking over here at yesterday, of course, Joho Tani's birthday thirty two, Happy birthday show. Hey, but of course you know the picture used is him and decoy and you decoy. It was just another first pitch, Yeah, he does.
Speaker 3: That was the most as you would expect, the most organized, well executed first pitch ever in the history of first pitches, because he's well trained and show hey, U has done a nice job with that pepper. All right, So looking ahead, guys, Rockies for three. Not the most exciting team in the world coming into town. But you know what might be an important opportunity, Katie, and I'm interested in your opinion. Maybe the most important game is the Rohi Sasaki game because he just hasn't looked right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, last start of the or of the first half of the season before the All Star break, and a lot of eyes will be on Rokie Sasaki because there has been some regression, a lot of aggression lately, and we hit a stride of me and the president of the Broky Truthers Club, but things have gotten back to reality unfortunately. We talk about this. It's all about adjusting, and I think Rochi still has plenty of adjusting to do.
Speaker 5: To major league.
Speaker 4: Hitters, there's got to be just better overall execution.
Speaker 5: And I think this is part of the growing pains.
Speaker 4: That we sign up for with a young pitcher with so much talent and such a high pedigree learning to.
Speaker 5: Do this at the major league level. Now, has it been good?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: It has not.
Speaker 4: Are the Dodgers in a position now where they can kind of weather the storm again because of their leading the division. Absolutely, they still need Roki to take each of his starts because the six man rotation is important.
Speaker 5: Longtime listeners of the show know my spiel here.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to redo it again, but it's super important for the Dodgers to have that six man rotation. It's important for Roki to figure this out this season. While the Dodgers have such a comfy lead in the NL West, they also don't really have anyone blowing the door down.
Speaker 5: In Triple A right now with River Ryan's latest step back.
Speaker 4: So this is a There's always pressure to perform in the big leagues, but when you take everything else aside, there's not a lot of pressure from exterior factors right now on Rokie. They have the division lead, there's nobody clamoring for a call up. This is the perfect time to start figuring things out and the first half on a high note and go into the second half figure out a way to pitch. They don't need him in the postseason to be a starter. They need him to be an effective, confident reliever. But they need him as a starter long term, so take the next two months to get there, take some steps forward. It's all about the execution with the fastball, using the pitch mix a little bit more. Getting on the same terms with Dalton Rushing, who I think has done a good job with Roki El things considered.
Speaker 5: And just be better, because you know what.
Speaker 4: Shout out to the Dodger security guards that let the media in before the games. They have been letting me hear it about Roki.
Speaker 5: So I need this. I need this so I can fight.
Speaker 1: Back fans of the show. Yeah, listen, I've talked about this before. We were talking about this a little bit in the production meeting. I need I need to see something out of Rokie. And you know, I need to see no hitter out of Rokie for me to have any sort of belief. I'm I'm seriously, I'm serious that ye listen. I feel like I was lying to everybody, lying to myself a whole bunch when we were talking about oh man, these yes, he was taking strides forward, but still there was something that went bad. Every single game. It was, oh he only had it, only gave up a three run inning. You know, Oh man, that's that's so much better or whatever. Yeah, he's not doing getting pulled in the first inning like he was in spring training. But at this point, yes, the Dodgers have a massive lead. Yes, you could let this kind of ride out. He's not going to be starting a postseason game for the Dodgers if the postseason started tomorrow. But this is sink or swim time where we learn whether or not this guy can be a major league starter or he's going to be in the bullpen, because right now that bullpen is looking like a really sexy option when Bro has an era hanging around five and that's supposed to make us feel a little bit. No, I don't know. It's a good start against the Rocky. It's a good way to kind of trend in the right direction. But watching this guy that's important to people, Just so I can tell you she's wrong for me.
Speaker 5: I actually don't know what that sentence means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, cool.
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometimes like wow, before yeah, yeah, before we say goodbye, I wanted to get to the super chat. It's actually kind of a funny comment too. So this is a skier loves Baseball ninety nine cent super chat. We appreciate that very much. But they also had a funny comment down here. Okay, thank you so much, Bobby Miller, question Mark Caspirius, Gavin Stone still alive, kidnapped, sent to Mars at the Bull in Scottsdale.
Speaker 2: As anybody here heard where these people are.
Speaker 5: Arizona as of June first month ago saw them there.
Speaker 1: I got it. Yeah, they have it. Yes, Stone Stone I believe was abducted by aliens for sure. Bobby Miller, he was showing video of him throwing. We haven't seen anything else. Ben Casparius as well. That would be another nice one to have back, just just an option for this team. But as of now, check your milk cartons. They might be on the missing list.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, Clint and I are back together on Wednesday evening for Dodgers' postgame Katie.
Speaker 2: Of course we'll be in.
Speaker 3: Uh a rookie start in the clubhouse doing all the real world, doing all the real work, and then we're the three of us are back together on Thursday.
Speaker 2: So have a great week, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's today money yet his money. We're back together Wednesday and Thursday, all right, So I have a good week, everybody. Don't forget to like and subscribe. We appreciate it very much. Trying to get our way to twenty thousand subs, and don't forget to go to Dodgers' Territory shop dot com as well and support the show. We see you Wednesday night, See you later, guys.
Speaker 7: Bye,