Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are getting on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdown is the key to winning NFL playoffs and the key to you scoring big betting on them at Draft Kings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something as simple as a player to score six Go to Draft Kings sports Book app. Make your pick. Here's another reason to bet your favorite player to crush it in the playoffs. New customers bet five dollars, can get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big doing the NFL playoffs with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Use Code Money Moves, that's code money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bet instantly when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: The crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in Westbrook, Juin you visit one eight hundred gambler dot net in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 3: Y'all know me. I'm your favorite bat guy now, o'h. Jill you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's wrong? What happened?
Speaker 2: You ain't got no spotlight? You're calling me black? Nah, you can't. I ain't even know you were sitting there for the longest time. I said, man, where oh yo, man, oh, you're sitting in that chair.
Speaker 1: I ain't hey, mandamn, I'm listen. I'm you know I've been I've been tanning. I've been going to the to the tennis salon. I'm trying to get like.
Speaker 2: You might need to go to the savy social salon.
Speaker 5: No, no, I don't. I don't want to get light. I want to get darker.
Speaker 1: You know, you know they say they know, you know, they say black of the juice is sweet of the berry.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I think it's the you know, black of the berry, the sweet of the juice. Say the chat understood, what you would go, what you're going for?
Speaker 5: That's what I said. I said, the black of the juice, sweeter the berry.
Speaker 2: Nah, it's the black of the berry, the sweeter of the juice. Yeah, but we get what.
Speaker 5: You're going We get what you right, you right, You're right, you got me.
Speaker 2: That's the Liberty City Legend bing a Ring of Fame honoree, the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that's Chad o Yo Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit the subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from every subscriber counts.
Speaker 3: We thank you for joining us every time we show up.
Speaker 2: Started out at three nights a week four or five, no matter what, no matter when, you gotta show up for us, and we greatly appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Please make sure you check out Shave by Lapotier.
Speaker 2: We have it in stop and what better break to celebrate the twenty twenty five year than with a bottle of Shape by Lapotier. Now, if you cannot find it in a city or a state near you, order it and we will shipping directly to your door. In one more favor I ask of you, please please drink responsibly. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcas hold on, oh I forgot this on you rather you know? Please subscribe to the Humble Batties YouTube page. The link is pined at the top of the chat. Outstanding episode. They have some great questions today. Do you run a guy still Texas X?
Speaker 3: Do you run? Do you stay? Red flag? What do you do? Was great?
Speaker 2: Great listen to guys, But go subscribe to the Humble Body Batties YouTube page. Your Lincoln pin at the top of our chats. Also follow Chase Shape Media on all of its platforms. Add my Clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We did these Titus, I see you our newest release just dropped last month, t shirt, sweats, beanies, coosies, and mugs. Quantities are limited, so please make sure you grab yours Wild Supplies. Last tickets for our Super Bowl show in New Orleans. It's our first spring tour stop and the tickets are on sale now. The Lincolns pin at the top of the Chat, VIP Meet and Greeks tickets officially sold out today, but there are still many tickets left to attend the big show February the sixth at the Mahelia Jackson Theater in New Orleans. Be there great guests lined up. You don't want to miss this, guys. Night Cap and Club have been nominated for NAACP Image Awards. Nightcap was nominated for Outstanding Podcasts in the Art, Sports and Entertainment. Club Shaysha was nominated for Outstanding Podcast Society and Culture. Please go vote for you, guys. The link is also penning our social bios. We have a very a very very special guest joining us later in the show, Cheap Royal Raimie.
Speaker 3: They're gonna talk.
Speaker 2: He's a fire It's Chief Fire Inspective, right, Fire Chief FI Fighting. He's a firefighter has a very interesting story. Uh and uh, you know, guys, we say we'd like to entertain you, we like to inform you, we'd like to educate you. So we felt very compelling, very compelled, especially what's going on in California right now with the Palisades and the wildfires up in Malibu, to have someone on that can provide a better insight into actually what's going on and what's the best way to get a handle it before before we go too o, y'all, I want to read a report by Jim harbaugh Charge.
Speaker 3: His head coach, Jim Harbough said today that he.
Speaker 2: Have a cardio ablation appolation this offseason and here replacement surgery. Oh Joe, remember having a conversation with you, I say, I know that walk.
Speaker 1: I've seen that every time and you did say that not long ago on the show.
Speaker 2: Joe, I know that walk. Think I know a guy that had that walk for the better part of three years.
Speaker 1: So it's painful. Huh what hold on, Wait a minute, now, wait a minute. If he's getting the surgery, if he's gonna get it, now, what's the timetable as far as healing and will he be able to coach?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he'd be fine. He was fine. I mean, oh Joe. I had the surgery. The first surgery I had on a Wednesday. I had on a Saturday. I was doing squads and lungeon that following Thursday. What oh yeah, oh yeah, oh it ain't no now for me. They uh uh. The PT told me say take a little take a little some ambient, you know, not ambient ambient, take some top pay medicine. So I took a couple of tile and off something like that. Because they say we're gonna put it through. It's gonna be a little painful. You gotta realize, oh Joe, you got that incision and you got the surgery, the artificial hip that's in there.
Speaker 3: You know you're gonna have to bite down. You know. I had a towel.
Speaker 2: I had to bite down on that towel, Oh Joe, because there's tears rolling down you boy's eyes. But I knew sometimes people wait too late and it gets you know, you don't get that flexibility in there. I wanted the flexibility immediately, and so I had to had to bite the bullet. But you know, oh, you're going as a professional athlete, you know, we have stuff like that. You don't know what it's like to be injured, and so you probably hadn't had to do a whole lot of rehab other than a little sprained ankle. But if you have surgery, if you've gone through things, you kind of know what it's like. And so it only took me, Oh Joe, I was I was back working out. They normally say, okay, six weeks. I was back working out in four weeks, but I was squatting four days, five days after I actually had the surgery, squatting the luncheon hold on.
Speaker 5: I'm confused.
Speaker 1: Now, now, after you get these surgeries, are the rods or whatever they.
Speaker 5: Put in place, are they there?
Speaker 2: So what happened?
Speaker 1: Does it affect you when you in cold weather or no?
Speaker 2: No, there's there's You will never have pain in that because there is no bone, there's nothing to be arthritic.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna be great.
Speaker 2: And like the doctor told me said, you won't believe how well you feel after you have this surgery. Everybody that's ever had this surgery that I've spoken.
Speaker 3: To, they rave about it. They rave about it.
Speaker 2: If you have if you have hit pains, and the thing is, oh Joe, some people young is is Titus. I see you, buddy. Some people as young as twenty seven twenty eight are having total hit replacement.
Speaker 5: At twenty seven eight.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, that thing if it gets chronic, if it gets bad enough, O Joe.
Speaker 3: Oh, you get it done until I put it off, Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: I got the injection, I got the steroids, injection, I got all that stuff, O Joe. But eventually that pain got Then it kept felt like they was giving me a placebo. It didn't even do anything. The pain medication that they was injected in there to steroid, he wasn't doing anything to help. So I just did I just did that and got it done with. But Coach Harbard, you're gonna be just fine being the next professional athlete like yourself and being as hard a hit as you are. I know you're gonna put the time in the rehab and you'll be back up and running, and you'll be glad you had this surge. I promise you that pain that you feel. I don't know if he's taking any pain medication, but the pain that he feels, he won't feel anymore.
Speaker 3: I promise you that, O Joe.
Speaker 5: And hold on, I'm still thinking about that.
Speaker 1: You talk about people that's twenty seven to twenty eight, probably never played contact sports, never played at the highest level as far as NFL is concerned.
Speaker 5: How do you have hip problems at such an early age.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's degenerative. Sometimes sometimes it's degenerative degenerative, You just you're just born with it, you know. Look, my sister had both of hers. She ain't never played, no surgery, play volleyball, nothing, nothing, had both of them replaced. My brother had his replace, about to have a knee replaced. I've had both of mine replaced. Obviously, obviously, if you're a professional athlete, the bounding out of the jumper, a triple jump and a long jump in high school, played sports since I was nine years of age, Obviously, all that pounding up and down playing basketball all those year. Obviously, Yes, But sometimes you know, you're just you know, you're just born. I mean, think about all the people that never played a sport that's having knee replacement or hip replacement.
Speaker 3: Right, it just it just happened.
Speaker 2: But like I said, sometimes sometimes it's a situation where you have an accident, a car accident, a motorcycle accident, and the he'll get destroyed. You got to get another one. Sometimes it's viagenity. You just never know. But I just know you glad you do, because glad you once you have that surgery. I know you're glad you are glad you did because it's so damn painful.
Speaker 1: Right now, I don't mean to be in anybody personal beness. I ain't mean to cown on. I don't mean to be in your pockets. Now when we talk about these type of surgeries. What's that money we talking about?
Speaker 5: Mind?
Speaker 2: This was I had my first one. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 3: I think I had my first one in July.
Speaker 2: Of twenty twenty. Yeah, like one hundred and four thousand.
Speaker 5: Man, Hell no, hey, that hip donna have to stay like that won't hurt.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you see, hey, you see how Jim Harbaugh walking.
Speaker 5: She's about like one hundred folks American dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hear the thing. Oh Joe. The longer you walk like that, now you wear down that knee. Now you mess up the other side. Because the body is like a car. When the shocks go bad on one side, if you don't get it replaced, it mess up the rear end. Now your alignment is messed up. Now something else is thrown off. The body is meant to be the work simultaneous. Now something is catching. This side has worked. Now it's got to compensate for the side that's not working properly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but come on, listen, listen.
Speaker 1: In this economy, you know, think, think about the price point you just said, you's to about one hundred and four thousand American dollars not pay so the Americans out and everybody ain't got that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a lot of times it's older people and then maybe maybe you get Medicaid, Medicare or whatever. Say, I'm very fortunate that obviously, you know, I had medical insurance, but they.
Speaker 3: Don't pay for it. They don't pay for it all.
Speaker 2: And so I had to come out of my pocket, which was no problem, and I'm glad I was able to be but because even if I didn't have medical insurance, I would have been able to afford it. But fortunately I did have medical insurance and I was it was able to offset some of the costs.
Speaker 3: But you understand that, but it's.
Speaker 2: It's some things, oh Joe, you just can't And that's why I feel bad for people that don't have medical insurance, or don't have the proper medical insurance because you know, you get some diagnosis and then the insurance we want to pay for half and don't pay it'll bankrupt you. The quickest way to lose wealth is health care. Yeah, if you don't have it. I mean some of these perceis he just cost a half a million, a million, two million dollars and you got drugs that's costing twenty thousand a month. Who're gonna prey for that?
Speaker 1: Hold on what proceeds it costs. I'm gonna fire a thousand to a million.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, you start having them transplants, lung, you start having kidney, oh yeah, for sure, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then medicine, I mean you get these certain kind of cancers though children medicine is twenty fives of a month. Who on for to you for twenty five of the month?
Speaker 5: Listen, I listen.
Speaker 1: I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I have I have a take, and I don't want to go there on the show tonight as far as when it comes to cancer and and things of that nature. But that's that's a whole nother can of worms. I'm gonna choose not to open up the night.
Speaker 2: Well, look, we understand the uh. The money is in the treatment, not the cure, so we'll just leave it as.
Speaker 3: That, oh Joa.
Speaker 2: According to a recent Athletic article, deshean Washington was negative, was a negative presence and couldn't be held accountable.
Speaker 3: These are the most damnic excerpts.
Speaker 2: Coach Stefanski, I think it's a two time NFL Coach of the Year showed Washson clip from the offense during their meeting in March of twenty two, demonstrating how Washington could thrive in a wide zone play action scheme crafted by Gary Kubiak and Mike Shanahan. But after he arrived in Cleveland, Wasson never embraced Thefanski's system. He wanted to be in shotgun and Stefanski wanted him under center play action, a more effective component. According to multiple players, those mistakes weren't pointed out in film session, frustrating at least a few veterans who believes Stefanski wouldn't criticize Washington in front of the team when Jameis Winston placed Washon after he tore the Achilles, player says Stefanski returned and pointing out the quarterbacks mistake. In film session, players told me there was a constant heaviness surrounding Washington in the locker room, and they felt different energy in the building departure after There's Achilles injury in October, a couple of veterans told me it felt like a cloud had been lifted.
Speaker 3: For three years.
Speaker 2: The Browns consorted themselves to match Watson's strength and desires, but teammates ultimately grew tired of the organization catering to his ineffective quarterback and never really fit. In Cleveland. He received at least at least one death threat.
Speaker 5: Can I ask you a question? Yes, all the time? Why all this coming out now? Just curious?
Speaker 3: But here's the thing, Oh Joe, you asked the question. Remember you asked this question.
Speaker 2: You say, uh, why everybody else look effective in the offense other than DeShawn? Look at the offense they ran with the other guys, and look at the offense they ran with DeShawn. You should ask You should have had your answer as I'm reading this. You should have had the answer to the question that you were asking. Other guys were receptive of the type of offense that was going to be run. One guy wanted to run a specific type of an offense that he was so comfortable with and and and in Houston. Now, for me, I'm a firm believer, Ojo. If you get a guy in free agency, you probably should do what he did where he was in order to get the max out.
Speaker 5: Of him and exactly.
Speaker 2: But the problem is is that that's not what I teach. I can't teach you a subject that I don't know. I'm a history teacher, Ojoe, I can't teach you math. Let me let me interject real quick, go ahead. If you see de Shawn Watson have success in Houston, and understand he was able to do more with less and he had success where at that time when he was in Houston, he was considered a top five quarterback what he was able to do in said offense.
Speaker 5: So if you're bringing him.
Speaker 1: In and you're paying him what you're paying him guaranteed money, why not as a coach, as an officer coordinator, make sure you scheme and plan around whatever his strengths are and what he did offensively in Houston to make sure you get the same exact effect and result in product when he's in Cleveland, not say you know what, No, I have my own offense that I want to run. I have something that I want to that we're going to run that. I created my scheme, my plays, and we want you to fit it to fit into that mold.
Speaker 5: If that's not what he does, that's playing to his weakness, not his strengths.
Speaker 2: Could ask your question, could DeShawn teach him that? When Peyton went to Denver, he taught him that offense. He taught him what he knew when Brady went to When Brady went to Tampa, he taught him what he so could Deshaun teach it?
Speaker 1: Hmm?
Speaker 2: Now, Mike, when RG three, that's really not the system that Mike wanted to run.
Speaker 3: But Mike went down to RG went down to Baylor, he talked to R.
Speaker 2: Brown's, he studied a lot of tape, and he implemented a system that was going to be conducive to what RG three was good at. But even though that was the system that RG three five, then he wanted to be Peyton, He wanted to be Brady, he wanted to be Drew Brees. Now RG three is going to disagree and say that's not the case. But I've got confirmation that was the case. So the question is, O Joe, can you teach someone the system that you do? Could you teach it? That's what Brady did, That's what Manning did. Kevin Stefanski knows what he knows. He knows this system works. It works, there's no quick there.
Speaker 5: It didn't work with the Shawan though, yeah, work with the Shan.
Speaker 2: But he didn't. He never tried to embrace it at least give it a try. Oh so you what did you, Prepa say, I don't like this? You ain't even tried it? What ain't that food it? See if you like it first before you turn your nose.
Speaker 3: Up at it.
Speaker 5: Hey, it'especially vegetables, it's specially this.
Speaker 2: Look, it's not working and it's too late to turn back now. So even if you put him in a system, I just believe there's too much damage that has been done to its body. Second, Achilles, he's gonna miss twenty six, he's gonna miss twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you think about o Jo, he's played what in the last three four years. The man might have played the entire season. That's if you that's if you put the games together together, he might have played. So what was that in twenty one he didn't play. Twenty two he missed the part of the game, twenty three he missed the lar chump, and he damn near missed all twenty four. Mmm, so remember in twenty one he didn't play at all? Oh Joe, he was on he I mean, he was healthy, but he didn't play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 3: You can't get.
Speaker 2: Nothing out about not playing. I don't care what now. He preserved his body, but no, your body needs to go through that. Your body needs to drop back. Your body needs to feel these guys. You gotta duck and dodge, and you gotta keep your eyes down field.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's just I just think the best thing for DeShawn and and and I hate to say this, I think it's just time for them to part where it's o Yo.
Speaker 5: You think so it is.
Speaker 2: He's never he's as much as I wanted to see it, He's never gonna be what he was in Houston.
Speaker 1: They can ask some yes, how old is this Sean Watson thirty even I don't even think he thirty yet. Twenty nine, twenty nine, twenty nine year old quarterback. You can't see him at that to the passes already on.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying no, I'm saying Cleveland cup ways. I'm not saying he should be done with the league.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, f I was gonna say it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, he should be to Cleveland, should be done. But O Joe, but that's an awful that's an awful lot coming back off those two two achilles, Ojoe, not one two. Yeah, and he hadn't played a whole lot. Think about it, oh Joe, he's gonna play less than what fifteen games in a five year span. He missed basically all of twenty four. He's gonna miss all the twenty five. He missed all of damn near twenty three. Down for twenty two. He didn't play all the twenty and twenty one, so he coming up to twenty six, O cho. Think about if somebody asks you, O Joe, we're gonna let you play five games this year, five game next year, but the previous year you're gonna miss the entire season, and the year after that you're gonna play two games, and then you're gonna miss the entire season and you're gonna come back off the injury. You're not gonna be the same, Ojo, your body function. You need to be able to do that thing. You gotta be able to see it.
Speaker 3: I got a.
Speaker 2: If you're not doing that on Joe, you lose that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's crazy when you think about it. Think about the quarterback, the quarterback position like that.
Speaker 5: That too.
Speaker 2: It's all repetition because you a it's situations that you've been in. You start to lose those fighting senses. They don't tingle the same. Yeah, that's why it's hard for a guy to go to the bench and come back in Onjoe because you used to dodging that, you could, used to seeing that, and now all of a sudden they take that away from you.
Speaker 3: It takes your while to get it back.
Speaker 2: Now, think about you going away for five four and a half years and played thirteen fourteen games. And that's man, that's that's coming off of two A key Now that's the most serious injury. Hold.
Speaker 1: And the funny thing about it not the not too not only the two A kys injury. It's the same, it's the same.
Speaker 2: Same, same akuse. But and here's the thing, O Joe. What made him dynamic, It was an athleticism, meism, how much how much athleticism you think he's gonna have because he didn't look the same O Joe when he came, when he got in, and he didn't have.
Speaker 5: No injuries to his lower extremities, right, And that's that's sad.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Just in general, it's hard to get that back, O Joe, because you stay in the boot and you know, it's just like anything that muscle starts the atrophy, that calf muscle starts the atrophy.
Speaker 1: Right, right, and other parts of the body start to compensate, compensate.
Speaker 2: I just I just feel I just feel bad. Miles Garrett says the Browns are closer than people think.
Speaker 3: To contend it.
Speaker 2: I've talked to Jim Andrew Berry about what's going to make the most of the talent that's here.
Speaker 3: We're closer than some people think we are. No, you're not. You're not not without a quarterback.
Speaker 5: Did he really quote that?
Speaker 3: That's what he saying. That's what I mean. We got it in parenthesy, so that's what he's saying.
Speaker 5: I doesn't believe that.
Speaker 1: Man. This and me, we just we just talked about players in PC being PC and not truthfully saying how they really feel. You know, you understand the landscape of the NFL. You look at all the teams that are in the playoffs right now. I mean, obviously it's about offense, it's about defense, but all the teams in the playoffs have what what's the one common denominated every team in the quarterback?
Speaker 3: Quarterback?
Speaker 1: A quarterback. You know, I'm thinking, no, don't fool don't fool yourself. I think you had a merry go around, a merry go round and carouseler quarterbacks all season long. You're not going to be able to compete, let alone in.
Speaker 5: The AFC North until you get a consistent quarterback, a good one at that.
Speaker 2: I think Miles is a line for a contract extention, a big one.
Speaker 1: Hey oh, if he's on line for a contract extension, he don't want to get it in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: That's not where you want to get it. Hey, look, I get it. I get what he's saying. You know, they drafted him number one overall, they paid him, They've been good by him. I don't think they're close. He thinks they're I don't think they are. I have what so hold on what what?
Speaker 3: What? What pick are they in the draft?
Speaker 2: Who could they possibly get and if you go, if you go to Cleveland, when you see the success that Baker Mayfield is having in Tampa. Cleveland, Oh, Cleveland, they picked number two?
Speaker 3: O't Joe?
Speaker 1: Okay, they picked number two? Where are they going quarterback?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: You think, come on now, no.
Speaker 3: To go there?
Speaker 5: I do not Prime will intervene like Archie Manning did.
Speaker 3: Don't Oh the Marks having taken cam Ward?
Speaker 1: Okay, well hold on if if they got to taken cam Ward, who picked first?
Speaker 3: Titans?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, so sure doors basically to the Titans, because I'm mars. They're very upset with with Will Levis and they don't like how that Oh yeah for sure, yes, yes, yes, absolutely, okay, I could I could see that. I could see that. Okay, okay. So who picks third in New England?
Speaker 3: Giants? Giants?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh my goodness. So that means.
Speaker 2: They might go they might get take a quarterback in free agency and then take and then take Travis Hunter at three.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say that, Oh Travis Hunter, a Travis Hunting nothing and that Oh.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be nice. Can you imagine I mean Travis Hunter?
Speaker 1: I would hope, Oh what position would he be drafted at oh A dB A receiver.
Speaker 2: dB A because it's it's it's easier to create packages for an offensive player than a package for a defensive player.
Speaker 5: Right, Hey, can can you imagine?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine being in the big Apple and how big.
Speaker 5: Being in that market can can be for him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Woof, that's gonna be nast It's gonna be nasty work. That's nice, Oh, Joe, Okay.
Speaker 2: Russell Wilson and Arthur Smith reportedly had trouble working with one another, with unsubstantiated rumors that Smith preferred fields. Reports surface during the year that offensive coordinator Arthur Smith preferred fields over Wilson, but was never but that was never substantiated. Still, despite Wilson and Smith spending countless hours together after typical work, they're watching film and publicly joking about it. A teen source recently said that Wilson and Smith did not have a very good working relationship, but fought through their differences as best they could. Reports also sce that George Pickens showed up late to their Christmas game Christmas Day game, arriving at the stadium some twenty five thirty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Late.
Speaker 2: I think he arrived supposed to be there two hours before the game, and he arrived by the hour, not twenty five.
Speaker 3: Minutes before the game.
Speaker 2: Pickings showed up late to practice in games countless time now in his young career. It is believe the Steelers will move on from George Pickts this offseason. With moving on from Wilson and Pickens this offseason be the best move for the Steelers.
Speaker 1: I think, I think for pick I think a change the scene would be good, not only a change the scenery, but being able to sit down and talk to somebody, being able to sit down and talk.
Speaker 3: That's your job.
Speaker 5: I got you.
Speaker 1: I got you being able to sit down and talk to a veteran player and getting him to understand that the years, these years do go by fast.
Speaker 5: You know, these opportunities do go by fast.
Speaker 1: Right now, while you're not even close to your prime yet.
Speaker 5: You gotta get right. You got to get right on the.
Speaker 1: Right track, because they will tolerate you, like you always say, they will tolerate you until they can replace you on and Picktts needs to understand it. As great as you are, as good as you are, as as much potential as you possess, we got to get that on the right track.
Speaker 5: We gotta we gotta channel that energy.
Speaker 1: We got to channel that NBA in the in the NFL young boy energy in the right direction.
Speaker 5: We got to channel in the right direction.
Speaker 1: We got to put an energy into the game, into our craft, into wanting to be the best and being able to live to your full potential. And I think a change of scenery would be good for pickings, especially getting them in the right place. After having someone like myself and some other veteran NFL receivers to talk to them and they get them to understand what the g is go by fast and they don't won't tolerate you for so long, you know, oh yoe.
Speaker 5: As far as the qued.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, your best friend and everybody knows what I think of t O. Yeah, that's you ain't got too ability. Look at to To was catching for thirteen hundred and fifteen touchdowns and they moved on. Yeah, let that sink in now. The guy that they replaced, Jerry Rice with San Francisco said, now we're doing Philly. Look at what TiO. Look at go back and look at TiO. TiO had like fifteen touchdowns. Then he missed three games with that broken ankle. Then he was halfway through the season. He had another seven hundred yards. He's gonna place to have fourteen fifty ondred yard Phillisida.
Speaker 3: I know we're doing Dallas.
Speaker 2: He goes to Buffalo and he's having a better season than everybody there. I don't know if Moles was still that. I think peerless price was still there, but Pillis might have been grown. TiO had almost a thousand yards there, Kelly.
Speaker 5: If Shaelley came to Cincinnati and cut a fool out there with me.
Speaker 2: He almost had a thousand yard towards New York m And with that count of ability, TiO should have been able to get at least at bare minimum two more years. TiO was supposed to be able to steal two years just because he t O and the numbers that he put up prior to that. Yeah, real, all the other receiver, all the other receivers were able to steal a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why couldn't he?
Speaker 2: And that's what George just doesn't understand. Bro and the world go get out. Look at Deontay Johnson just bouncing around on Joe. He's going from the Steelers to Carolina to pitt from Steelers to Carolina to Baltimore to Houston, Houston, back to Baltimore.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, I gotta know I'm gonna get into I'm gonna get matter of fact, not this pickets too, Jamaine Jermaine Burton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you definitely get him because that's your that's your that's all, that's that's that's your neck.
Speaker 3: Of the woods.
Speaker 1: I got, I got, I got a realing boys in man, I got I got a reallym.
Speaker 5: In because listen, I had I had, I had the fun.
Speaker 1: I had the fun while I was playing right, But my driving, my motivation, and my energy was so locked in into my craft, into what I'm doing with nothing else mattered outside, nothing else, So I was able to I was there, but to get away with having the fun and doing all the said celebrating because not putting the work behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: I put in the work.
Speaker 3: I didn't just.
Speaker 2: Nobody said, oh, jo o Joe, you gotta place. Come on, o Joe, man, you gotta run that route. Come on, old Joe.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody to say that.
Speaker 5: No, no, no yet, no no.
Speaker 2: Maybe you had maybe the antics about celebrating, but hell you done, got the ball and the ends on, so celebrate. They just say, come on, O, Choe, Yeah, you gotta block that guy. Come on, Oh Joe, you gotta jump on that fumble. Bro, you just got come home. Bro, you gotta give it some effort. They didn't say that even t O. Nobody could plain about t O's effort on the field.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Now you can old go back and check the tape that he's running. He's throwing the block for Garrison Hurst on that ninety six yard touchdown, rows down, block it all the way down the field. You never questioned t O's effort. Now, maybe his attitude. Maybe people had a problem with the coaching staff and organizations had a problem with his attitude.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Even with Tio's effort, it couldn't trump the attitude that teams got tired of.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm pickens.
Speaker 2: Make this, bro, you got a chance to make two hundred million dollars before.
Speaker 5: You done one of them?
Speaker 3: What are you? Oh Joe? Can you can?
Speaker 2: I want you to ask an answer them. Where does the figures think he can go and make two hundred million dollars in the real world? He played on be a Pablo es Cabar Elchoppo.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got him.
Speaker 1: I'm a really man, I'm a real I'm a really I'm a really man. Watch him next year though, and what watching anyway?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Back back, also back to the authors. Yeah, listen. Most of the time, most of the time, quarterbacks, coordinators and head coaches, most of the time they get along, even if they even if something. Most of the time they get along, even if you don't. You have one goal in mind, correct, long when you have one goal in mine, sometimes you know what, everybody ain't gonna Everybody ain't gonna.
Speaker 5: Be your friend.
Speaker 3: Everybody gonna get it.
Speaker 1: Man, That's not the way it works now. Even though it would make for a better relationship. You were there for one common goal, right, We want to win games and compete and do our best to get our ass of goddamn New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's it. It definitely works better. It definitely helps. If y'all do get along, it definitely helps. It definitely helps. But I'm trying to understand you.
Speaker 1: Russell Wilson came in and had success when he took up for Justin Fields.
Speaker 5: We didn't hear any gripes. We didn't hear any issues.
Speaker 1: So even if they didn't get along, whatever it may be, it was working just fine. Now towards the end, they lost the last five. They lost the last five games that made the playoffs, went home in the first round. Now all of a sudden, because maybe you're saying because you lost, you know, the last five, Oh, maybe the relationship had a strength. No, because it was doing just fine as far from a productive standpoint.
Speaker 5: We were winning games.
Speaker 2: What happened? What did you say? Thats the best? The older reant for a funk kill the locker room win it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, he winning cures all. Yeah, when you're losing, it magnifies everything. It magnifies everything. So are they going to move on from Russell Wilson? Now do you think a change the scene is good for him at this point? And do you do they come back? And do you pay justin fields? Because it was only one year deal.
Speaker 2: So he's still on this rookie deal. He said he was still on his rookie deal. So this is a fifth year option coming up right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, so they got him. They got him for the low.
Speaker 1: It got him for the low coming up this year, maybe depending on what happens. He ain't no telling what they ain't no telling what they're gonna do. You don't know how Mike Thomas thinking. You know, you hear rumors about him leaving and being traded. You know, it's just it's so much get off money there, Titus Titus chill Man, Well, I choke you out.
Speaker 2: He owned one to night him and Teddy.
Speaker 3: You bothered him. I know. Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's tough, o Joe when you lose, because people start looking at Okay, this is why we lost, instead of saying, you know what, we just weren't good enough, right, I don't give a damn if Arthur Smith or Russell Wilson was best friend. They're going out to lunch every night and they take it turns eating dinner at each other's house.
Speaker 3: They weren't beating the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, none of none of that mattered. None of that mattered.
Speaker 2: They need more playmakers on the officer side of the football.
Speaker 3: They don't have nearly enough.
Speaker 2: And if you look at it, their defense down the stretch wasn't as vaunted as it was in the beginning.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't and most of the time. Their identity had always been their defense. Yes, but they were a no show against.
Speaker 5: Right King Henry.
Speaker 1: They were a no show. I was able to watch some of the film today. You know some of the all twenty two you know, was so big. He was running through man listen, and I'm looking at the I'm looking at the backers.
Speaker 5: I'm like, come on, the play fake. Wasn't that good for you to?
Speaker 3: Oh so you?
Speaker 5: Oh you know what? I'm hey, they was folding on, they was folding the play fake.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that good for you to move that far the god damn hold when you know it just be you and twenty two come.
Speaker 2: On that Oh well no, when Lamar was faking the ball, they was like, oh Lamar got it.
Speaker 1: They gone, and not one attendant that Henry had on bro Hey, back and move right out, move right out the A gap. Now you know, good ware that play fake. Wasn't that goddamn good for you to be waved over the back. I'm not gonna say nothing, but you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I ain't really trying to be in the A gap when Henry had his ball that that I ain't tried to happen. Oh, Joe the door Statins approved of his father Dion, becoming the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I think it would be cool.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jones are reporting conducting teams head coach search solo. Cowboys expected to interview Robert Sala if reports are to be true, to interview Leslie Fraser or he called Leslie Fraser at some point during the day.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Leslie Fraser will be better as a defensive coordinator as opposed to a head coach.
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Look here, I honestly don't believe Jared Jones is hiring a black guy at the head coach. That's just me, you know.
Speaker 5: And now he checking the boxes.
Speaker 2: Huh Remember he brought Marvinie in last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, couple. Well, well before you hired McCarthy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can I can I say something real quick?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And Ryan spoken at the day in depth about the winning rule and how these coaches, how these owners know they don't want to hire hire minority coaches, but what they do like Robert Crafted with Pep Hamilton and Byron Leftwich, yep, not even in football.
Speaker 5: But you know what we're gonna do. We're gonna bring them in any way and check the boxes. That's why. That's why Aaron Glenn was like, you ain't ain't good.
Speaker 3: I don't need a free trip.
Speaker 5: You're not fna play me like that.
Speaker 1: I know you not hiring me. What you're doing is you meeting the guy damn quota. You're gonna bring me in interview me, and you already know you're gonna hire somebody else.
Speaker 5: You knew that bravery in the first place.
Speaker 3: Krep.
Speaker 1: But anyway, that's a whole nother story. I ain't gonna open up that can of worms either.
Speaker 2: Now it's reported that Jerry Jones pitched to Mike McCarthy about having Jason Witten on his staff so Witten could be coaching waiting again. See what I said, Oh Joe, you hiring somebody and then you're telling him how to fill out his staff normally coaches. Okay, I got my guys.
Speaker 3: I've hired the staff. I like this guy's decordinate.
Speaker 2: I've worked well with him, running back coach, blah blah blah. I don't need you telling And it's been reported now. I don't know if this is true. Jane Slater, she knows all things Cowboys. She's reporting that Jerry wanted Mike McCarthy to slash his staff. Uh uh, cut the coach, cut some of the coaches.
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you.
Speaker 5: Cut some of the coaches to save money or me?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Cut him?
Speaker 2: Yes, because remember Jerry likes for his coaches to coach on incentives. He played. He pays far below market value. Right now, the market value for a head coach, now, it's about ten million dollars a year old show. That's kind of the going rate he tried to pay, y'all part he tried to pay five.
Speaker 5: Hold on, wait, bring that back to me again.
Speaker 1: Now, the going rate for the head coaches ten men or you mean the coaches collectively?
Speaker 2: No good, The going rate for head coach is about ten million. Okay, he tried to pay five.
Speaker 5: You can't. You can't do that, Jared.
Speaker 3: Says, Hey, Jerry say the Cowboys. You can.
Speaker 5: He can't get out of his own way.
Speaker 3: He can't. He can't help it.
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 2: Like I said, look when I when I when when somebody report, when James Slater's reporting, I take it.
Speaker 3: I take it.
Speaker 2: The heart about the Cowboys with Mary kay Cabot when she's talking about Cleveland. Now, whatever she said about the Cleveland Browns cashing in, cashing in, cashing in. Damn man, Jerry's on this solo mission Jared. Look like I said, you see what Jared likes to do, O Joe. He likes to put you in a situation where you know, he know you's gonna say no, gonna accept that. Oh you woman, have this guy coaching waiting. He's probably telling going back, telling you everything that I'm doing. So that basically that's Jerry eyes. Because when Jerry's not there, which is all the time, now, I got eyes and ears there to tell me everything that's going on.
Speaker 3: Right. Uh No, he knew Mike McCarthy was gonna say no to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he knows what he's doing. It's all the game, man.
Speaker 3: O Joe.
Speaker 2: Fans have been commenting commenting on Devonte adams Instagram, begging him to come back.
Speaker 5: To green Bay Reredda green Bay.
Speaker 3: You see a scenario where Davante goes back to Green Bay?
Speaker 5: Probably not probably not what maybe maybe because I think.
Speaker 1: Christian Watson's gonna miss, maybe miss most of twenty twenty five, being that he got injured late in the season. So I think having Davonte Adams come back as a veteran presence with Dobbs and Wicks and Read and those young fellas.
Speaker 5: I think that would that would be dope, That would be nice.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what Doc Davonte gonna won't Davonte's gon want twenty five to thirty million dollars.
Speaker 3: You're paying that for a veteran present.
Speaker 1: I think I think that the GOHO somewhere where you know, the quarterback situation is intact. Yesat a good quarterback situation, I think they can work something.
Speaker 5: Now, it might not be thirty thirty five million, And.
Speaker 3: You know that's the cause.
Speaker 2: That's what It all depends on what Doc Davante is willing to pay for, right play excuse men like yeah, yeah, because you know they got that look Christian Watson's down. But they got Dobbs and they got they gotta Read. They got a lot of receivers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got some boys.
Speaker 3: They got a lot of receivers.
Speaker 5: They got some boys that they don't have a Devanta Adams.
Speaker 1: Now, no, they don't have that, not even at thirty or whatever whatever that Devonte Adams age is. But I'm just saying that good veteran presence that you know that can be consistently getting open, you know, consistently, would be a nice addition to that offense, especially for Jordan Love as a target and a security blank.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think, I think, I personally think Davonte is gonna have his uhs choice of locations.
Speaker 1: You gotta be, you gotta be, you gotta you gotta be careful, you gotta get this.
Speaker 5: At this point in your career.
Speaker 1: There are only so many teams you can go to that have a quarterback and when and when and you can get the ball. You've already got your money. You've got to nothing it at this point. So what is the end goal at this point in your career? You know, championship, contend for one.
Speaker 5: For get the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all on him.
Speaker 5: That's that's the personal decision.
Speaker 1: Now. You want to be compensated well for your skill level, for your plate. You know you on want to be playing for peanuts, right, But you know that's that's when you have to sit down and think to yourself, think very hard. There are only so many quarterbacks in the NFL. There are only so many spots for somebody for a player of his magnitude.
Speaker 2: That's something. He got two young kids. Uh, he got a wife. He's gonna ask okay, maybe, okay, we'll move it. You know, we're in Green Bay. Whether it's bad, we're in Vegas weather, it was good. Went to New York. Okay, because now you got kids, oh Joe, and you know the kids want to go outside. They don't want to be inside all the time. Yeah, you know, you go to a certainly ego Green Bay after November, they ain't going back outside to catch the school but us or you drop him off here school. That's the only time. What they gonna do, what they gonna do with Green Bay, same thing New York? What did so at least in Vegas? Hey, we outside? Yeah, And so I think that's the thing when you factor in he's very committed having what I having.
Speaker 3: Sit down and talk to him.
Speaker 2: I can see how he lights up when he talks about his family, talks about his wife, and he talks about his young kids. And I love seeing that. And so I know that's gonna be that's very, very important to him. And I think they're gonna have a that's gonna have a large, a large part to do with the decision where he's going to play next.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: If I can get you know, twenty million and go to somewhere that I know I can win, it is better than taking twenty five considering the money that I may now say, I ain't telling nobody. Look that's you. Whatever's important to you. But I will say this, when it comes down to Hall of Fame, they start looking guys they got rings and have comparable numbers. They're gonna get the nod over a guy that doesn't have rings with comparable numbers. Right mmmm.
Speaker 1: I wish I wish you. I wish him the best where every decides to go. I'm gonna be a fan and I'm gonna have a jersey.
Speaker 5: That's all I know.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, check this out.
Speaker 2: Groom surprised his bride with tickets to the Bills game, doing a wedding bow.
Speaker 3: Do you like this, o Cho, Yeah, yeah boy, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's it's all about No, it's all about knowing your partner.
Speaker 3: For one.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I may have to hold on to a secret bonus gift to give you during your ceremony. We're going to see the bells seriously.
Speaker 5: A reaction.
Speaker 1: You see, man, You see that reaction. That's what it's all about. When when you have a partner, When you have a partner, that's her love language. Obviously loves football. Now she loves the Bills. She loved the Buffalo. How much a ticket to that to that Bill's Ravens game is she got.
Speaker 3: A really love Do you know how cold is gonna be at that game? Man?
Speaker 1: Man, listen and they might be from Buffalo, they might be Yeah, you know, so listen that.
Speaker 5: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: On Sunday.
Speaker 5: And they play at night too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it's cold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be cool cold.
Speaker 2: Last week and it was during the day, it was one o'clock, so I can imagine what it's gonna be at eight o'clock, eight thirty.
Speaker 3: I think that's game going eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Long long is it's no snow because there's no snow on the forecast, so they're gonna be all.
Speaker 5: Right, sixteen sixteen degrees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's probably win, any win.
Speaker 5: That's good weather there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Week then you get Jiggy in sixteen.
Speaker 2: I showed them, I show, I show, I show, Yeah, I said show.
Speaker 3: Don't miss playing that cold.
Speaker 1: After I like it, bron I like it because I show hate September September in October for football season. At halftime, what do you think I had to get every halftime IV I cramp in my calves?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't. You know why I cramped a lot?
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, you know why you cramped because you don't like drinking when it's cold.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this is the thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't cramp when it was cold. That's why I couldn't wait for the cor I couldn't wait for November. The d of November December, I couldn't wait.
Speaker 2: I cramped more in the cold than I did in the summer because when it's hot, you drink. When it's cold, you don't drink a lot of water. Okay, see my problem. My problem is I'm so locked in on the game. I don't even be drinking no goddamn water or gator rid.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm man man no, I don't man no, move that out.
Speaker 2: Wait, yep, I know that's that's that's what happened to me. And it's like and Greek was like, sharp, are you drinking? I'm like nah, nah, Yeah, I don't try to aink when I'm cold. I'm trying to get over them heated seats. That's what I tried to do.
Speaker 5: And they told you about that. They told you about the pickle juice. They ever told you drink the pickle juice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard about it. I don't. I don't like pickles, don't like no juice.
Speaker 5: You think you worked with cramps? What do you think?
Speaker 3: I ain't.
Speaker 5: I ain't never tried it. Or Pedia like pedlight was so damn nasty.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I heard a lot of a lot of I mean, guy, weould have pedia light. But Gatorade.
Speaker 2: I said, you give me all this gatorade you knowne gave me two balls, three bottles of gate Raye waterlog. Now I'm done. I ain't got no more crap. But by step by stoppach slashing them. What do out there?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: You drink all that, you drink all that grade you feel sluggish?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: No excuse me? I try to run? Come on, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's that's weird.
Speaker 3: Bro oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember whomen epics Jersey swap with a young fan earlier this season. Well that jersey we don't sell online. Uh NBA Central said, this is crazy. Jersey is already up for auction. Winby tweeted the crime emoji hold on.
Speaker 1: Was a jersey sign or he just gave it to him without I think he signed it, didn't he. Hey, you know what, when when I think about this, the first thing I think about is little kid.
Speaker 5: This is probably probably his parents' idea.
Speaker 1: And all I can think about is the economy that we're in right now, being bad as it is. I understand, I kind of, I kind of understand. It's the opportunity for us to get a chunk of change. Look at them.
Speaker 5: Oh we tried to bite him.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did.
Speaker 5: Fight fight.
Speaker 2: Oh they're both they're super jealous. Now, why don't move the other to get more past than the other, he snapped at him. Now a funny on, y'all go upstairs now all of a sudden, everybody want to be in here.
Speaker 3: Y'all was never in here?
Speaker 5: Hey, that is funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just could not, Yoe, somebody gave me a journey, Like I said, I mean, I don't know, yeah, I mean, the kid had to be courtside. So the kid's courtside? How how how how how tough is the economy? Oh, Joe, you buying court side ticket? But that's the whole thing. I don't think parents. Parents say I could afford to sit, sit, sit courtside. That's why I think it was more. It was probably a kid that was in the stands. I think it was a kid that was in the stands, you know, that enjoys the game of basketball, that got the jersey. And when he when he exchanged jerseys with the little kid, the parents right away understood, you know what, we can get some money for this. Well if you, hey, well so, why are you at the game. If the economy is so tough, why are you at the game? Anyway, There ain't no telling how they got tickets on that Okay, Well, if you ain't no telling how you got tickets, ain't no telling how you can find a way to solve that issue about this economy, because you found the way, right Yeah, yes, sir, Okay.
Speaker 5: The volume