Speaker 1: Piece of the planet, Charlamagne to God here and as we come closer to closing out this year, I just want to say thank you for tuning into the Black Effect podcast Network. There have been so many great moments over the past year. Take a listen to some of those captivating moments in this special best of episode.
Speaker 2: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your host. Now, fuck that with your loat glasses, Malone. No the way you look, because it'd be people like that you, you know what I'm saying, Like people your whole life.
Speaker 3: You feel me like that.
Speaker 2: You grew up loving their music, you know what I'm saying, and you really to some level admiring the person that they are.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's the trick you. You'll really find yourself admiring somebody, especially when they hone their craft, you know what I mean, they and they talented. You'll be like, yeah, I respect that, and then they do something Yeah they just like.
Speaker 4: Bro, why would you do that? Bro? Like? Who? Who? Like you know how they say you got it? Like who? You who? Your homies?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 4: Do niggas be that rich and that popular? Due they homies not say nothing like like hey, my nigga, that's trash, Like why you wearing that hair hat? Man? Or why you? Why you why you painting your your beard or why you It just be it just be a gang of ship man. What up? Bro? Yeah, it'd be. But the but the akon hat, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: And that's my man, like one hundred grand bro, Like that's really my guy and it's not a but it.
Speaker 4: Looked like you could peel it if I seen him. I just want to peel it off, Like can let me feel that?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: That's why I said we should put him on I Love La, because it'd be dope. Like people look at certain artists and hip hop like and that's a perfect example.
Speaker 3: That's a hip hop artist, right.
Speaker 2: And normally we on our live streams and you know, this is dope to to do the podcast, right, this is just the audio portion, but it's dope, like you know, to really have these conversations to that degree, like where like with Cohn, like right, where like people like he's a hip hop artist, you know, I mean even though he don't rap in the traditional acons of hip hop artists, you know, like he could have an R and B sown, But he's a hip hop artist.
Speaker 4: He was a rapper, wasn't he.
Speaker 3: I think at one time he did rap.
Speaker 2: But that's a perfect example of somebody who sings that pretty much is a hip hop artist. And like, we just really try to disregard me. And Twine was talking about it earlier. Shout out to Oni Twine, you know what I mean. On the podcast, y'all seen him a couple of times on the live stream. He really hasn't done a pod, so it's dope to have him on on the first podcast and no selllings, but having him like people, I'm telling the homie, I'm like, yeah, I think I want to have a Kon sing.
Speaker 3: I love l a song.
Speaker 2: He's like, man, we could get somebody more current, and I'm like it's Akon. Like imagine you could get like like uh, actual rolls or like one of them big rock stars like uh like like, uh, what's the dude? Uh who be dancing? They all feel like he danced really well. No, no, the rock and roll dude can dance really well.
Speaker 3: Y'all know Mick Jack, Mick Jagger, Oh, Mick Jagger can dance. I mean like white, white people, white people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And they feel like Mick Jagger got swagged like so, but imagine like some young rock group could get Mick Jagger on the sothing like now we don't need to get make Jagger, we need to get somebody new.
Speaker 3: It's like, Bro, it's Mick Jagger.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's yeah. Fuck with Mick Jagger current, He's never not current.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm Akon is like Mick Jagger of hip hop.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. It's like it's like you can get a song with the locks, or I mean you can get a song with g rap like these dudes are permanent.
Speaker 3: And now hold on glasses.
Speaker 5: Now, I agree that that that a Kon is very prominent, but he's not as quite as prominent as a Mick Jagger, like MiG Jaggers and mc jagger got a Jagger got like a fifty almost a sixty piece in the game like and.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, not that and don't know what he looks like. Not comparing them to right, but I'm saying, what Mick Jagger is to rock is what Akon is to hip hop.
Speaker 3: And again I have to disagree, Bro, I understand.
Speaker 2: But but what I'm saying is it's not the comparative part that I'm really reaching for.
Speaker 5: As much as he's prominent, he's somebody that you don't pass up with when you have you.
Speaker 2: Have an opportunity to work with period and especially as a as a person. What he does with records, I mean, his ability to make a record special, it's like that don't wear off.
Speaker 3: Like Mick Jagger, it don't wear off.
Speaker 2: Now you can look at their own run and say, oh, you know what, Oh, they're not making the biggest records on their own. But that's not the point. The point is, you can make a great rock record with Mick Jagger today. You can make a great rock record with you know, actual roles, like you can make a great rock record with some of the greatest, Like right now, I want to do that song like I was telling you with a with Siegert, with Bob Seger, like I feel like I can make a smash hit record in hip hop with Bob Seger today. You know what I mean, because if you know what you're doing with the record, voices be voices.
Speaker 3: I can make a hit record with Stevie Wonder today.
Speaker 2: It don't matter when Stevie had his last hit record on this on like if you know, if you have the right record for Stevie Wonder. His voice is permanent. It can be the number one song in the country of Stevee. And it's a few artists that have ascended to that level. Akon is one of those artists where he's so prominent. He was so successful on a mainstream level in pop records. His sound is forever like He'll always beat it like what it is for people that like that music, you know what I mean? And I just feel like in hip hop again, when you don't get it. And this was a conversation it was happening earlier where you think you know hip hop because you watch some rap videos. You think you know hip hop because you know you saw something on Rap City, you know what I mean, or you heard some songs. It's like you just know the letter, you know the letter of hip hop. You don't know the spirit of it until you really go sit down in the bronx and somebody really give it, give you what's going on. And I just feel like at this time, no, we don't have that. Like everybody he just feels like they know what's going on, or they just disregarded as nothing and it's too powerful to be nothing. So we did us live stream and it was based off a conversation I was having with one of my young homies, my little brother a d He has a stream, a live stream called the Community with my homeboy Pun and we were having a conversation about what was going on with Dirt. Dirt got arrested for murder for hire. Dirk was a wrapper in Chicago, you know exactly, and he was saying that the beef Dirk and Young Boy, their crews started over a girl. They were sleeping with the same girls, and you know, some happened somewhere along the line. They got loos and people start talking crazy and everybody cruise, people around the cruise start talking crazy. So now it's King VN who was part of Dirt Cruise Quandoronto was a part of Young with They were all cool at first, and they start talking crazy to each other, you know what I'm saying. And they go to Atlanta and the Chicago brothers go to Atlanta Ron and they get into a confrontation with Rondo cost King v his life. Yes, so Quando Rondo you know, year a year or two later, comes to California to do some business and his transportation that he's riding in through to do the business within the city. They near Century City, the whole truck gets shot out with fully automatic weapons. Okay, and that's the charge that Dirk is, you know, being in dice, that he organized, that he economically financed that that happened. Okay, So they got what's supposed to be allegedly is the shooters and have him for order for hire.
Speaker 3: He was ad.
Speaker 2: My little brother was telling me that was a lot to go through, you know, over a girl, and I'm like, well, it's not really over the girl, you know what I mean, It's really over the stuff people say around the girl. We start having a conversation and I was saying, like, if if we're together, you, if somebody sleeps with you and they know I exist, they know me, no, they don't have to be my friend. If they know me and they know we're together and they sleep with you, not only are you disrespecting me, they're disrespecting me right. And I believe in the universe where the people disrespect you purposely, they will keep doing it. Right. So the harmonious thing to do is to erase you off the planet. Okay, not the vengeful thing, because vengeance would be that I'm doing it because you did this. The harmonious thing is, in my mind, is you will keep disrespecting me because you should have respect for me. I haven't did anything to you for you to disrespect me. The harmonious thing, the justice thing, would be to erase you off this planet, so you can't keep deflating who I am every day by taking advantage of whoever whatever goodness you think lies inside of me. And that's the difference between vengeance and street justice, right, because you have regular societal justice where everybody agrees on laws and then they have prisons and courts and juries and prisons and jails to help them issue out that level of harmony through justice. Well, in the streets there's the same space. And we were talking about Dirk situation and saying it was more you started to pursue it differently, like there is a level of street justice that should happen. But street justice, again is still as harmonious as anything else. It's like when you go to a real courthouse and instead of you like R. Kelly or Puff right where instead of them being held accountable, like Puff should be held accountable for combing his old lady here in the hotel lobby and da da da, and that should be like if they have a federal assault charge or the solicitation of prostitution, those are all fair charges, you know, possession of drugs, possession of guns, those are fair charges based off of evidence, versus them railroading him with a RICO where it's a racketeering charge for organization and there's only one person being charge, so that would be a one person organization.
Speaker 4: Same for R.
Speaker 2: Kelly where instead of him just being charged for child pornography because if you sleep with a girl under the age of sixteen on a camera, you know, it don't matter she can't consent, it's child or not federally which carries seven years and other stuff which R. Kelly should be in prison eight to twelve years. You feel me, But because you allow white folks to carry out vengeance against a nasty thing that they have against brothers in this country since they was buying them by the dozens. You know, in Virginia you have people mistreating and you have a like a like a trail of vengeance that's happening where it's all mistreatment.
Speaker 3: So instead of R.
Speaker 2: Kelly getting the eight to twelve years that he deserves based off the crime, he gets more time than Sammy the boy Girvano has for murdering you know, nineteen people. He almost has forty years instead of R. Kelly, you know, getting eight to fifteen years for you know, having a consistent history of soliciting prostitution and you know, using drugs or possessing drugs or having guns with serial numbers scratched off which carries ten years federally or any that stuff. So that eight to fifteen years that he should be facing, he's facing a lot. That's to me, white vengeance or systemic vengeance, you know, like we still can get these niggas when we can.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he was just saying to me and Pete like, Okay, well that sucker if you do that over your girl, because a girl gonna be a whole and you shouldn't be mad at no man. I'm like, well, I wouldn't be upset at the man for what my old lady is. I'd be upset at the man for disrespecting me knowing that this is my lady, and he was saying like, oh, well, you know you don't you disrespect that given his earn. I'm like, that's street, that's not real. Like, you should respect every man even before they've earned it. You should only disrespect the man that you've lost respect for. Yeah, but if you disrespect the man that immediately in y'all first interaction, you know what I mean? You could take advantage of that. And so Pete was gonna give me a story fast forward again to the back mama where he felt like, oh, well, if my friend sleeps with my baby mother, and I'm like, well, what difference do it make if y'all lot together? Like why does that body? Well, he's betraying our friendship. I'm like how He's like, well, you know, I don't care about her, but he will be betraying our friendship. I'm like, well, if you don't care about her, and Pete was asking the same thing, you don't care about her? Yeah, right? And this is your friend and he has positive intentions for this woman, why does it body? And what I was telling Pete and I was telling still on the live stream, the truth is you love her, and he was like, well no, because I'm not sleeping with the once we break up. I'm like, sleeping with somebody is not with love is about that's self gratifying. Like you can make that type of act about somebody else, but for the most part is self gratifying. When you have to do things for people and you get nothing, it's true love. And I'm like, the reality is you stid and it's like, oh, well, why would I love her, you know, just because.
Speaker 3: We had a kid.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yes, and me and Pete were just talking to him, you know. And obviously the audience that's listening to the stream immediately went to a space like where they must stand by this versus us saying if you don't care trying to get him to say you love your kid's mother, which could make you think twice about just getting somebody pregnant or at least want I mean, if not love, at least can see that you want her on some degree. I think you love him. I think I don't care what nobody say. There's no way possible somebody can give you extended lineage on the planet Earth and you don't love them for it. Nah. So's it's weird listening to it because right.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 2: I've been saying this for years, you know, and I get a lot of pushback to me on I get a ton of pushback on all of this because of that, you know what I mean, Like, where's like it ain't on purpose. I just think that he got into a space to where it's like people have been complaining about hip hop being like like an advocate of like violence in the community or promoting drug use, like you know, rich Homi Kwan passed away from Atlanta, and you know, when something like that happens, the first thing is like, well, let's look at the music, and it's like, well, what was happening before the music? You feel me like why were people on drugs in the sixties and seventies or in the fifties.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they never talked about like the music going on when Kirk Cobain blew out his own brains, they never they never mentioned that it was the music.
Speaker 2: Well, I think white people kind of did. But again it's like it's like really silly. I mean, the artist very reflective of said community. But the point I was making is and in that situation with Dot and Drake is like, but Dot and Drake is like Drake that just pretty much you know, said, hey, you know he pulled the carpet. You know, he he had been standing on this rug that we call cultural cachet this whole time.
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 2: He just snatched the rug from like, man, you're not the culture boom and then you know, so he couldn't really there was nothing to stand up on them now, And I think that's what we're looking at, like hip hop is still rooted and poor people making things cool. That that don't mean hip hop is only poor people, but the culture of it comes from poor people. The language comes from you know, the majority of the which come from you know, because it's bad educational program the fashion, it's taking ship, that's that you you know, if parents can't afford, but you know, some dickies and putting creases in them, you knowing.
Speaker 3: Rocking it with pride.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not the chucks themselves, it's the fat laces and the chucks. So you know, that's what that pride and that type of struggle is really where hip hop is different. You know, how can these people be so happy under these circumstances.
Speaker 6: I think, and I think that's that gets lost. That's lost now you know, and that's and that's why people start to, oh, well, hip hop isn't just only poor people, and hip hop isn't only just from the hood, and hip hop isn't only this and that, And it's like, actually, like at the core essence of it, if that's what we're that's literally what it came from, you know, and we've talked about that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I was like your slogan that you're not it's not slogan, but you're the the way you set it up, you say it's a street or urban street, urban culture, but there's more to it, personify through the arts of elements, per through the arts and element so like.
Speaker 2: The actual act itself is not really hip hop, like being you know, street urban culture. But once you put it into the arts of elements, that's when you start seeing the artistic expression that we reference as hip hop.
Speaker 6: And that's the part that gets confused, I think for people, because then they just go, well, if I can just do the art part of it, then I'm hip hop, and that's not necessarily true. Now.
Speaker 3: I think you used to use this term was ah shit, what is it? Was like a.
Speaker 2: What did you say?
Speaker 6: You used to say it was like, when you're not from a product of hip hop, a product of hip hop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a ton of people who enjoy the music and they are not hip hop, you know, just because you know, my favorite food is Mexican food, Bro, That don't make me Mexican.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: I don't care how many tacos I get, how many you know, it don't matter.
Speaker 6: But most people in the Mexican community would give you a pass and say that you are an honorary Mexican. And I think that a lot of people in hip hop want that because Drake was low key kind of getting that until I feel like it almost seemed like, I mean, I don't know, because I don't know him personally, but it seemed like he started getting under people's skin by doing things where he started thinking he was bigger and not and doing things that he didn't remember, like, Yo, low Key, you kind of a guess, bro, even though you're mixed. Yeah, okay, you have Jewish.
Speaker 2: You have black.
Speaker 6: That's cool, but but that don't make you hip hop like that.
Speaker 2: Well again, I don't think the mixed part of it is the problem. It's it's it's the culture part. How do you grow up culturally. I mean, if you grew up in Jewish culture. You know, if a Rabbish already rapping about his Jewish experience, I think we would enjoy it and we love to claim it, but it probably would be Jewish.
Speaker 6: Well, I think what's his name made a comment about that, and I thought that was pretty Rosenberg. And he was like, he's like, I know a guy that grew up in like cause he's Jewish. So he was basically saying like he could identify and he said Drake got upset at that because he was like, like, I understand that he doesn't like that.
Speaker 3: I can see who he really is. Yeah, it's like, nothing's wrong with that.
Speaker 2: Again, but again, if you're trying to present yourself as the poor people culturally, I mean, and and did he ever do that? Yes, that's the problem. That's what started to so when he first, like when Cuz first came right like you knew he was.
Speaker 3: This Nickelodeon kid. We all knew he was a pop act.
Speaker 2: We realized he was this unbelievable talent as a writer and in real story like punat you like, punish your like puna tell you. Like there was times bro where a dude would be trying to talk to me and I wouldn't even talk to him, not on no funny shit, but just like nigga, I don't know you because I'm just that type of nigga. You know, the streets teach you to be that kind of person, and I don't care how successful you get. I mean, that's just maybe it's not right. That's not to say I wouldn't say hello, but like, and I'm on my own mission, feel me, And I'm not mad at you know how I interact with you.
Speaker 3: I'm really careful how I interact with people.
Speaker 6: I think at one time you were you know, this is a different time period and you were a different maybe not as approachable person back then either, So that probably played with it, because you know it's funny like even though like we talk about like you tell me, I'm like, well, I'm more of a square dude grew up here, Like yeah, but you're still from the street because you grew up from in Inglewood and you know, he was outside cool.
Speaker 2: But I remember if you got into a fight. Do you remember the first time somebody hit you at school? Yeah, you wouldn't tell your parents, You remember.
Speaker 6: That, No, I didn't tell my my parents. I was too scared to on my dad because.
Speaker 3: He knew what he would have said, yeah, what he was saying. He would have said, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Back?
Speaker 6: That's the street And if I didn't do anything, I would have got whatked?
Speaker 2: Then that's the streets. Yeah, that's nothing but the streets. See you don't. It don't mean like you so dope. It means people where you grew up as so dope.
Speaker 1: Once again, thank you for tuning into the Black Effect Podcast Network. Seeing you in twenty twenty five for more great moments from your favorite podcast