Speaker 1: Yep, World More Dangerous Morning Show to Breakfast Club, Charlamagne the God just hilarious, envious. Off the day, we got a special guest in the building, mister Shamik Moore's hell, yeah, how you doing, brother?
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm good. How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm good? Are you? And just related?
Speaker 4: We could have been, I mean because he because he find and I'm fine.
Speaker 2: So you are the blood are you from?
Speaker 3: Where are you from?
Speaker 1: Smik?
Speaker 2: I'm from. My family's from Jamaica.
Speaker 1: I was raised in Atlanta, Okay, okay, okay, so no connections to Maryland.
Speaker 4: Okay, but but I might have family and where you say your family's from Jamaica.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, you know what my family is too.
Speaker 3: They might be why why I don't know why tell that lie? For no reason? I mean just for no reason?
Speaker 2: Because it failed to.
Speaker 5: Be back on Spider Man like to be doing it again.
Speaker 6: Uh you know, now I'm twenty eight, I feel like it's a I'm understanding the phrase with great power comes great responsibility.
Speaker 3: I'm that's that came from Uncle Ben.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they came from Uncle Been. But you know, Miles is wearing the mask right now, so it's it's hitting me in a different way in my reality. I'm very thankful. I'm just I'm just happy to be useful in that way. For uh, I have nephews that can't watch anything I'm in except Spider Verse, you know what I mean. So that's it expands my reach.
Speaker 2: And yeah, just I'm taking the opportunity very seriously.
Speaker 3: I love the Spider Verse movies.
Speaker 1: I often wonder though, like you know, with with with Miles Morales come into the actual m see you do you feel like, yo, I should.
Speaker 3: Have that role. I mean you're not. You're not entitled to anything.
Speaker 2: I'm not way anything. I'm gonna stay humble, but absolutely I'm putting in my work in my work.
Speaker 3: So have you auditioned?
Speaker 2: I don't think they're in a space to audition.
Speaker 6: I think right now, Sony Marvel, whoever's in control, you know, they have they have a franchise, is making money. They have Miles Morale is the story, they have Tom Holland's story. You know, It's like it's like, if both things are working, why stop the revenue?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: So, but when it's time to make that crossover, hopefully I'm in a place where where the people watching the film support the idea.
Speaker 4: Let me plain that, do you like doing animated films more than live extra films?
Speaker 6: I think the conjunction is a nice space, you know. I think if I was just doing animation, I wouldn't be fulfilled, not even a little bit. But a movie like this is definitely fulfilling because of how I mean, it's kind of.
Speaker 2: Scary, even the idea.
Speaker 6: Of like where AI is right now and where it's going, and then how good animations are becoming. Like this movie specifically, there's some moments Daniel Caluia has a spider person in this movie called Spider Punk, and when that character is the screen, it's like it almost looks real, like it's freaky.
Speaker 2: It's freaky. So yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Leaves you not feeling fulfilled about animation is the fact that people.
Speaker 3: Don't know it, might not know it's you.
Speaker 6: I think I think that might have something to do with it. I think I like to see I am fulfilled. Don't get me wrong, my I mean, I don't think I've been compensated as well as I have for Spider Verse. I don't think again it has the reach. You know, I'm more that's my biggest role right now. You know, so I am fulfilled. Like, let's be clear, I'm thankful. I'm humbled by the opportunity, especially now more than you know our second interviews, Like now it definitely means something more to me, and I'm understanding what the opportunity is. But I enjoy the experience looking at myself on the get down, you know, or on.
Speaker 2: Dope or wu tang. I like that, you know. I like that.
Speaker 4: So if you just do animations, it does kind of like limit your range because you're not being seen. But then also yeah, yeah, you're not being seen, you're just being heard, but you and there's so many things that you can do like wow, crazy characters and.
Speaker 5: You can kind of you can go over the top of animations.
Speaker 4: But we don't get to see your range visually when it comes to that. So I get what you're saying. I get what you're saying about that. Working with Daniel Kluia and Sato, Yeah yeah, how's that?
Speaker 2: Ooh?
Speaker 6: I love doing press with them, you know why I throw in the shades. I get busy with my fits ye like, and there's no there's no I just like that energy that get to come out when I'm next to like when I'm next to them, but I love Don't get me wrong, It's not I'm not really a I'm a I'm all about humanity and its entirety.
Speaker 2: So I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not somebody that's like, you know, us over them or I really think I think it's it's a together thing. So when I but I'm acknowledging when I'm next to you know, another guy, you know what I mean, and I can appreciate their greatness, you know, and their beauty just shines through and I'm next to them, and it's not no like you versus me energy.
Speaker 2: It's just like, dang, we got a Spider.
Speaker 6: Man movie coming out, Like yeah, it's projected at this much like they're talking about one hundred and ten million possibly in the.
Speaker 2: First two days. Like that's to me them numbers. I'm when I'm twelve, I couldn't even imagine, like you know.
Speaker 6: So I wish that you're getting though. That's the conversation, bro. You know what I'm saying because I heard you say that earlier. You don't feel like you're being compensated. No, I am being compensated like you should be. Probably now you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't think I get five percent of that type of money.
Speaker 3: You know what you say, you want some back in what you say.
Speaker 2: You know, one step by one step by the time.
Speaker 6: I don't know, you know, But Patrick, I made these deals when I was twenty one. I'm twenty eight. I'm being well taken care of. But you know, it's about infrastructure and building something and being an example at this point. And I'm very like I said, I'm just excited to be in this position more than anything.
Speaker 1: Do you get excited when you see those big numbers? Because the first movie did what four.
Speaker 2: Hundred three hundreds? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when you see that, you like you look at your check and be like, well, what's up man.
Speaker 5: Because you're excited for the movie, but you'd be like.
Speaker 2: A million exactly.
Speaker 6: So I think I'm inspired because like I get to work with Chris, Phil Kemp, Bob and all the you know, I get to I get to have conversations and dinners and and I'm a part of the process. I'm learning, you know, even working with Baz learning on the get down. It was the same thing, same thing with Dope, working with phar Real and et cetera. Like them, I get to learn, you know, and I'm making money, more money than my family was bathing with buckets in Jamaica. You know what I'm saying. I grew up in La Thronia, Georgia. I used to have two pairs of sneakers like this. That's, you know, the kind of money like we can get. We can we can really have a financial converse because I am That's where I'm at in my mind. But as far as me feeling like I'm not being taken care of, I couldn't. I could never say that because you know, my life is good. I can't hold you. But when when I'm able to see like Okay, SONY made X, Y and Z, my mind can be like I know how to I know the formula, you know, So when it's so as I'm developing my production company and my own films and et cetera, I can kind of it. I understand the equation better. And I can only do that by paying attention and staying in my lane and being thankful for the opportunities. You know, I would never go to nobody like no, I need this, this this right now. You know, I am the actor, and not only that, my brand is expanding.
Speaker 2: I am good where I'm at.
Speaker 3: I wonder if the respect is there.
Speaker 1: I mean, of course, I'm sure it is from Sony, but what do they feel like I can get anybody to do the voice of like I'm talking about in voice acting period of the respect there?
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, I carry myself in a way that creative person is gonna like. I'm a creative you know. So you know the people in charge, they they're not They're nothing but loving. And you know I wouldn't have the role if they didn't connect to or respect me. I mean, they're you know what I mean, people auditioned for to play Miles Morales. You know what I'm saying, that are more successful than me at the time or now you know what I'm saying, or parents are more or born into.
Speaker 2: It or whatever. Like it feels like I was bitten by that spider in real life.
Speaker 4: You know, did you see doctor youmar On? I g telling everybody not to go see the movie because Black Spider Man is interested in the snow Bunny.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah read it, Yeah, go ahead, I got it.
Speaker 1: I got it right here. If you need me to read it to you, hold on. I have they never have no problem reading good old doctor Umar, this is this is.
Speaker 2: A real thing. What you think we make them? Totally thought you was making this up.
Speaker 5: I actually loved that though.
Speaker 2: I thought we was past this, that we just passed this entirely.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, jungle fever.
Speaker 1: I just saw this Black Spider Man cartoon trailer and it appeared that Spidey is crushing up on his snow bunny sidekick. Please don't tell me our children are going to go through the movies just to see a black superhero bunny hopping on the big screen. Can someone confirm if these two are romantically involved?
Speaker 2: You know what I can confirm.
Speaker 6: I can confirm that this story is about why we wear that mask, you know, and it's bigger than just the Spider.
Speaker 2: You can look at it as a.
Speaker 6: You can look at it as like Spider Man, but I relate everything to my reality. You know, that mask for me could be basketball, it could be acting, it could be you know, having your own radio show or whatever it is. So these characters are looking past.
Speaker 2: That mask, you know.
Speaker 6: Gwen and Miles are representing something that's bigger. They're representing humanity. Their specific story is about spiders and their superhero lives and whatever. But in this film we get to see like it's bigger than that, you know, and it's hard to really like, I know, because I've walked the black experience where doctor Umar is coming from and the key key about it amongst us or whatever. But like you know, brother, I mean, look out, this is unity, you know what I'm saying that the world that we live in, the world that we walk in, especially in New York, it's not just black, it's not just white, it's not just agent. It's a mixing pot. And that's why this movie is special. That's why the kids are gonna go watch it. Yeah, because because it's about it's about writing your own story. It's not about somebody telling you, you know, how your story is supposed to go and what's acceptable, like live your life like that mindja business. You know what I'm saying, what you look like telling people not to go watch a movie about about loving yourself and loving those that love you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And having a future.
Speaker 3: And and.
Speaker 2: Then it's Spider Man like, look at where we at right.
Speaker 6: Now, let's talk the listen, we can't talk about inclusion and diversity and progress and then get mad when we get it. You know what I'm saying, like, Yo, let's talk about if we want, you know, some beautiful black love story animations and et cetera. Cool that this movie allows that to happen. You know what I'm saying, Like, I could go make something else, Doctor Umar can write something. You know what do you that would be? You know what I'm saying, like, let's talk about original IP. That's where diversity is going. That's where inclusivity is going.
Speaker 2: You know. Right now I'm playing Spider Man, like, how dare you?
Speaker 4: And that's really really big and I love it. Before you get out of here, when are we getting the fashion line? Because yeah, you with this style, that's what you really really love fashion.
Speaker 5: You love what you say left fashion.
Speaker 4: You have your own style and it's very dope and very you. And it could it could result in the line. It could translate in the line what you're thinking.
Speaker 6: Uh, that was the that's a part of the goal, a part of my life next five years and whatnot. But I don't really want anybody to know it's my line. I think it could get in the way of it.
Speaker 5: But I got you.
Speaker 6: I think as people are wearing it. Eventually I revealed some of the things that are my businesses that are prospect you know, prospering.
Speaker 3: Oh you gotta line out now we work.
Speaker 5: I could just see it anyway. I didn't even know that he did, but I could just see it because his style is always different and just unique, you know what I mean. So I can see that for you.
Speaker 3: How hard is it for the show up nowadays? Without the mask on?
Speaker 6: Without the mask on, I feel like one of my superpowers is vulnerability.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know that I have on a mask right now.
Speaker 6: Answered every question you just asked me with complete heart and transparency.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think relatability is the real Uh it's the real task for me though, you know. That's where that Matt like how I communicate certain thoughts or how I communicate communicate with my energy and whatnot.
Speaker 1: I think the rest to though, because you got you have to accept that you're different, like we all have to accept where different.
Speaker 3: So how what is relatability really? You know?
Speaker 6: To me, it's like it's how I say things like I could be very our last interview is a great example, very confident.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm raised that way.
Speaker 3: You know, they hate it. I remember that they hate you. They thought you was too cocky.
Speaker 2: But they loved it.
Speaker 6: They you look back, everything they hated then they loved afterwards when they saw the work. You know what I'm saying. So I leave it at that. But that's my point. I could have spoke differently. I can feel how I feel about myself. But it's growth, it's growth evolution.
Speaker 3: You know how you feel about the Wu Tang saga being.
Speaker 2: Over, thankful, ready for the next step?
Speaker 3: Right, how was the film in the last season. I feel like y'all put a button on it the right way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like I'm you know, me and Og we connected, We locked in. You know, we got other stuff, you know on the table. He's yeah, that's my that's like literally my mental or like uncle whatever. Like he you know, he's coming to the Spider Man premiere, leaving Australia just to fly to the premiere, make sure he there and whatnot for me.
Speaker 2: So like that's that's the kind of that's yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like that name has been introduced to a whole new generation now because you got you with the Wu Tang Saga.
Speaker 3: Rihanna and a just named their kid.
Speaker 4: Would you rather do a sequel to Dope or another season to get Down?
Speaker 3: What would you rather do?
Speaker 6: I would probably I think at where I'm at right now, I would do Dope because the get Down is like more. I think I can go more into like a nerdy roll and show some more range. Right now, I think, yeah, I could do that on camera. Do something more lighthearted?
Speaker 3: Is that something you want to do? You want to do like a with a drama or something.
Speaker 6: Oh I need a romance film. I need a horror film. I need a detective film. I need a superhero live action film. Uh yeah, those are my four right now. No, I definitely see I just did a comedy, so that's you know, on this way.
Speaker 5: Because I want to see another Dope.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to see another?
Speaker 3: Want to?
Speaker 4: But I was coming, I was building up, damn. But yes, I would love to see and be in Dope.
Speaker 3: Word. Did you try off with Dope to the first one? For the first one?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I don't yo, yo, you know what, because.
Speaker 4: Like we will have actors up here, and I think I'm doing too much by saying that I'm always auditioning because I ain't really getting nothing.
Speaker 5: And that's you know, you have.
Speaker 3: No one that's been up here.
Speaker 4: I ain't got none of the ones that I think I should stop saying that your audition for that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I grew up like that. I might do one hundred auditions that year and get to.
Speaker 4: Get you know what I'm saying, And sometimes for me it gets It can be discouraging, you know a lot or whatever, but I just you know, I just keep on.
Speaker 5: But it's good.
Speaker 4: That's why I love to sit down with you know, the use and you know, just to see how y'all handle things like that. Like but I just heard you say you do one hundred and you get to you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I one thing I have, I have a issue or something I'm overcoming, is just rejection in general. You know what I'm saying, giving myself up, doing my best and it's up to someone else to determine whether or not I'm good enough.
Speaker 2: That's why I've.
Speaker 6: It's like, when I get the opportunity, my soul goes into you know what I'm saying, so that I do get other people in the positions of you know, I guess power and acting or or you know, producing films or etcetera to want me, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that would be my my only thing.
Speaker 6: When you you know, get a role that you're happy with, just really like like really really go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's just people calling your phone.
Speaker 1: That doesn't determine whether you're good or not, though I know that. I mean, yeah, yeah, just wasn't the person that for that moment. That's right, that's right on.
Speaker 4: Both of which y'all said with you for real, But yeah, you have to really give your all in these rules.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's.
Speaker 3: A real make that for you, Meek.
Speaker 1: I ain't mean that for you when I said that university University.
Speaker 3: Should more appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Man, Spider Man across the Spider Verse, what is it the Theatis June second?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: June second. It's to meet more as the Breakfast Club