Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's kiss you Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo.
Speaker 3: Then iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Happy last week of March, everybody, you have a way to start?
Speaker 4: Although is it?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 3: It's the last last April Foolsday?
Speaker 1: It is April next Tuesday.
Speaker 4: But so technically that there is a day of March next week. Thirty days has September.
Speaker 3: You know this one.
Speaker 4: Thirty days has September, April, June, and November all the rest of thirty one except February.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, then happy, last last full week of March. O, man, I can't believe April was coming up. That is gnarly.
Speaker 3: It's kind of good. I'm happy it's getting sunnier.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: I do too, I do. I do enjoy that, and I love I do weirdly love Easter as a holiday.
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 1: Because you're Jewish.
Speaker 3: No, we're not. You have the ease the wrong half, so.
Speaker 1: You're half Jewish. And I thought you did celebrate like other.
Speaker 5: Two Christmas Easter because my mom, so we do.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair, very fair, yeahs, like the best.
Speaker 1: Easter is the best. It's just like flowers and bunnies and what I've learned.
Speaker 4: Since having kids, which I don't have kids, but I have nieces. So this is what I've learned since having kids. Number One, Christmas birthdays are huge, but the two surprises Halloween is like the biggest deal ever. Like they Halloween is might as well be Christmas and Easter might as well be Christmas too.
Speaker 5: They freaking love that.
Speaker 1: It's all about the Easter. Ask it the.
Speaker 3: Whole thing.
Speaker 5: I will never forget.
Speaker 4: Last year, Marlowe was just pumped that the Easter Bunny was at our brunch. Like the Easter Bunny was like cruising around and Marlow's like, I gotta get a picture with that guy.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. Well spring has sprung, and so has the Goimar Girls.
Speaker 3: News that time, Danielle well done?
Speaker 5: Now did I see that? Is this John Ham has a new show?
Speaker 1: Well no, before we get to that, SNL sets John Ham as a host along with my godson and Jack Black.
Speaker 4: I like that. We make John Hamls royalty. So I saw the trailer for this John Ham show Your Friends and Neighbors, and.
Speaker 3: And it looks kind of good. I'm not gonna lie let me give you the gist.
Speaker 4: So basically, it seems like John ham is some kind of you know, big wig financier like guy right, like he's got some dough and either he loses his job or his.
Speaker 5: Business poops the bucket and he's hurting for cash.
Speaker 4: I also think maybe his wife is leaving him at the same time.
Speaker 5: Looked like there was some drama there I can't totally remember.
Speaker 4: So he starts robbing his rich friends, like he starts breaking into their houses and killing their jewelry and then selling it to some pawn shop, and she's in on the whole thing.
Speaker 5: And it looks nuts. I'm not gonna lie. I was like, I'm definitely gonna watch this interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems like it's kind of a caper, kind of a comedy. John Han's looking good.
Speaker 3: I find him sort of.
Speaker 4: The most amusing when he's handsome with like a little bit of dorkiness, because I think, like, that's John hamm right, Like, I'm not sure he's the coolest kid in the room.
Speaker 1: Is so hand I'll tell you what wasn't cool. That's Super Bowl And he's like whatever, I forget what team it wasn't the Eagles because I was Bradley.
Speaker 5: The other guys, which one did Bradley Cooper do?
Speaker 1: He did the Eagles because he's from film, he.
Speaker 3: Did the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: So John Ham did the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how could.
Speaker 5: You forget t Swift? He was there.
Speaker 1: I just remember I was like, what is Travis's team's name?
Speaker 4: I'm not even gonna talk about this, even though I want to, because here's here's where my brain went. John Ham stars on the Morning Show with Jennifer Aniston. Did you see Jennifer Aniston with Pedro Pascal. I want to talk about it, but there's no Gilmore Girls connections, so zero zero. I'm not going to talk about it, even though I want to. But let me just tell you I do love Pedro Pascal. I ever, anyone wants to know the number one reason why I love Pedro Pascal, send us messages on Instagram and if enough people ask, I will reveal why I love Pedro Pascal.
Speaker 3: But until then you'll have to wait.
Speaker 5: I love it, and it's not the obvious.
Speaker 4: It's not the obvious that I love the last of us, because I do. But there's a different reason why I love Pedro Pascal so much.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear it. Everyone, please comments or send us dms or whatever so that we can make Amy reveal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, send us messages. Now I'm going out of order. But I also have it watching The.
Speaker 1: Residence Oh CaCO show.
Speaker 4: Correct because a lot of people, including our own producers, were like, I think Matt zukrees in that, and I'm like, that's.
Speaker 5: The Resident Dent with a T. This is the res the.
Speaker 4: Dents, and it is a clue like Caper, I steal Jackie's excellent producer Jackie's excellent comparison to Clue because it is very clue like. It's funny and silly. It's like a kper Uzzo from nine nine two one.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Could not be more different.
Speaker 4: From Orange Is the New Black? Is so awesome in this show. She is literally five out of five stars. She's so good, the crazy sort of Oh my god, is that right? So that's what you do with Keiko, You're like, oh my god, is that lame. She doesn't have a huge part, but she's definitely got a cool part. And just the fact that she's working on a Shonda Rhyme show, she's.
Speaker 1: Probably no that is iconic. And the tagline of this just I mean you you gave the clue comparison, which obviously everyone knows what clue is. But the tagline is one hundred and thirty two rooms, one hundred and fifty seven suspects, one dead body.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so, it's so who done it?
Speaker 5: It is in the White House.
Speaker 4: It is totally different than anything I've seen Shonda Rhimes do. It's very different than Grey's Anatomy Scandal, although there's like I love that they've got the White House in there. So did you ever watch Nip Tuck.
Speaker 1: I've seen episodes of Nip Tuck. I did not follow it.
Speaker 4: But we need to do a Nip Tuck rewatch in our new podcast at to do the.
Speaker 1: List, Emma list a million shows. I need to watch.
Speaker 3: Julian McMahon.
Speaker 4: So. I love Julian McMahon. He is from Niptuck. He also was on Like This, I think, one of those FBI shows. He is the So I somehow became friendly with Julian McMahon and his lovely wife. I think because they also had a house in Taho. We had all these connections. They are the nicest. He's so nice. I don't even know not explain it, Like this guy is so cool and he's in the residence. So I was like, oh my god, Julia McMahon plays like the Prime Minister of Australia.
Speaker 5: He's amazing and.
Speaker 4: He's just the coolest dude. Did you ever watch Perfect Strangers? Which I don't even know if you were born.
Speaker 3: What year were you born?
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety Oh.
Speaker 3: Yep, you were not born? Okay, so in the eighties.
Speaker 4: So in the eighties there was a show called Perfect Strangers and it was like two cousins and this one cousin was named Bulky and he was played by Bronson pin Show and he was from another country and he goes to live in America with his cousin, right, and that was sort of the premise Balky. I was like, that's Bronson Pinch show as like this crazy chef. There's so many weirds, like I know that person, there's that guy is everywhere, right, You're like that guy, that girl.
Speaker 3: I know these people it is.
Speaker 4: I'm only three episodes in, but it's totally amusing. And Keiko yay like she should be stoked because it's like, dude, just being on the set with all those people.
Speaker 1: I yeah, No, I love this for Keiko because I hate when this happens, when someone is such a big part of a series like Lane, you know, like a character like Lanth, and then you don't see them for a while. And so, I mean, I'm sure Keiko has worked on other things.
Speaker 3: She's done, I think bits and bobs, but like, that's my favorite.
Speaker 1: This is awesome. This is a good one.
Speaker 3: So and the show is totally good.
Speaker 4: I highly recommend it five out of five stars so far.
Speaker 3: I think everyone should watch it.
Speaker 4: It's very different, it's very it's veep ishn' I never watched a lot of Veep. I watched like an episode or two, but I kind of am like, oh, this kind of reminds me of Veep meets Scandal meets It's just so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this was something that we found that where have I been? But did you know that there was a Gilmore Girls book series?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh? Okay?
Speaker 1: And four books were released in twenty twelve with Harper Entertainment, and each book told one of the episodes in Rory's point of view. And I have to thank the thinker Gilmour.
Speaker 3: Instagram that's where I saw it too.
Speaker 1: So book number one, Like Mother, Like Daughter, obviously book number two, I Love You, You Idiot, which took place just after Rory and Dean broke up, and SEUs one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The third book was I Do Don't I, where Rory shares her thoughts on moralized engagement to Maxima Dene.
Speaker 3: I want to read that. God, we totally need these.
Speaker 1: And then finally there was a fourth book, The Other Side of Summer, and this one detailed Rory's joining the Puffs, her debut tumpaal and Jess's move to stars Hollow, and Tristan's returned to Chilton.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that sounds like seven books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and feels like a little out of order chronologically, doesn't it all.
Speaker 4: You lost me about halfway through because I was way my brain was going way back onto one of the other books.
Speaker 1: Okay, so book four, Tristan's returned to Chiltern, jess as moved to stars Hollow, Rory joining the Puffs, and I feel.
Speaker 5: Obviously Tristan was before Jess.
Speaker 1: But okay, fine, yeah, it's fine. I'm here for it. Okay, you're gonna enjoy this next one. Can I tell you what the next one is? So there was this debate sparked by the Z suite, and it's all about the Z suite versus the sweet the C suite. Who's keeping their camera off during a meeting? I know we are.
Speaker 4: Okay's so wait, is there any more or is it just that's the main debate.
Speaker 1: That's the main debate, who's keeping their camera off during a meeting?
Speaker 4: I think about this all the time. I'm always camera off. I don't understand this camera.
Speaker 3: On thing yet.
Speaker 4: The young people, the gen Zers, my niece, they just facetiming. They don't even use the phone, like when they call, it's like weird. They always FaceTime. They will FaceTime wherever they are. They do not care what they look like. They do not care what the.
Speaker 3: Angle is like.
Speaker 4: They will literally have the craziest angle and they do not care. And I'm like, wow, you.
Speaker 1: Know what always really really just surprises me is when everyone is camera off on a meeting except for one person, and not one person leaves their camera on the whole meeting, and I get so distracted.
Speaker 3: But maybe they don't know.
Speaker 1: They know.
Speaker 4: Maybe they don't know because some people have it where they don't see themselves, so they know.
Speaker 1: I'm convinced people like talking to themselves and seeing themselves while they talk. Like I always am so beyond baffled of that one person that just leaves it on.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that they don't know. My gut is that they have it.
Speaker 4: Where they don't see themselves and so they don't remember. Do you remember that time when my camera accidentally went on and had a towel on my head?
Speaker 1: Like, id never forget, never forget.
Speaker 3: It's so bad.
Speaker 4: Now, I make sure that I'm like, if I'm like doing something that the phone is way away. No, I can't have any accidental like the camera went on.
Speaker 1: I know I had my my bad one, my bad moment. And during COVID, I don't remember that. You don't remember this?
Speaker 3: God, what was it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh, give the our listeners a laugh. Back in the day, during COVID, I lived in a one bedroom apartment with my husband and he he he didn't start a new job, but his job was acquired by a different owner.
Speaker 3: So I remember this.
Speaker 1: And so he was on our dining room table and on a zoom with his whole company, and I was I don't know what I was doing. I maybe I was going to go on a walk or something, and my workout clothes were in our hallway closet because my room was really small. So I walk out into the hallway, I pull out a pair of leggings and I just changed in the hallway my brother. When I say my brother, my husband literally slammed his computer shut and was going and he went.
Speaker 3: Me have money to.
Speaker 6: My old company.
Speaker 1: Just saw your butt. I was in the background of his camera frame, just changing my leggings.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I miss all the weird, nutty things that happened during like the real COVID like deep because I was like, this.
Speaker 3: Is nuts, but like you sort of muddled through like every but he was like this is nuts. But I was sort of like.
Speaker 4: Okay, Like I just and I think if I remember too, that year had not a lot of rain, so I was just like, this is so weird. And I just would go work and go out for a walk, and it was just like where am I I didn't I wasn't at home. I like had this rental.
Speaker 3: It was just like so weird. And the whole thing was crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It was crazy. It was so crazy. And just to think that that was only five years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh and I miss it so much.
Speaker 4: I too, because we have so much more work now and like so many events and all these things, and I'm like, gosh, I kind of miss that.
Speaker 1: I can't. I kind of miss it too.
Speaker 3: I ate breakfast every day every day.
Speaker 4: I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner, like, because I was never like running around, so it was like, Okay, i'll do my work, I'll make some breakfast.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll do my work, I'll make I know.
Speaker 1: My running around was literally running to the local mom and pop shop pick up takeout.
Speaker 3: Okay, we call them farrens f E R R A n d s.
Speaker 4: And we would make up a farrand for every day, which is a fun errand like let's order something from Target drive there and do the drive up and go.
Speaker 3: My nieces would be like, can we do some Farrins? And I like so much.
Speaker 1: Fun going to Target for targets.
Speaker 3: For a drive up. You're like, I'm going to no.
Speaker 4: And then like when you discover when we discovered the drive in movie, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, how did we not know about this? Like it was one of those like popped up drive in movies.
Speaker 1: That's a crazy thing is it was around drive in movies, there was a you know, uh people listening probably have their version of this in whatever city they live in, but in la they there's this like during Christmas time, a uh like a holiday lights road.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, holiday road. I mean it was so genius.
Speaker 1: That you would just drive down it instead.
Speaker 4: And also if only we knew now, if only we knew then what we know now, like it's perfectly safe to be walking.
Speaker 3: Around, like the walking Holiday road is my favorite.
Speaker 1: I know, I know I'm gonna go to that.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I just realized it's like literally, I literally just thought it was October or November right now because I'm like, oh, I'm gonna go to that.
Speaker 1: I started this pod by saying it's almost April. Amy's really paying attention.
Speaker 3: Where it's just like, this is what I've learned lately.
Speaker 4: My brain is so clogged up that the other night I woke up in the middle of the night and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, what day is it?
Speaker 1: I know I do that often, if that makes you feel any better.
Speaker 4: And then I'm like, it's Saturday. Okay, Wait back to Gilmore News. So I want to talk about Lauren Graham on Kimmel. But what I want to talk about more than anything with it is her or her silas ability to buy a sequin suit like nobody's business. She wore one on Fallon, and she wore one on Kimmel, and I'm obsessed.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I mean, look, it takes a lot to like pull off a glittery JUMPSU sequences falling in.
Speaker 4: She it amazing. Now, who watched Kimmel? Who watched Kimmel? That can can we get a live report on what happened on Kimmel because I know he talked.
Speaker 5: About Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 3: I watched Kimmel. Tell us what she said about Gilmore Girls. So she said she's not sick of talking about Gilmore Girls. Yeah, I think she isn't. Yeah, she says that it's reached a lot more people than it did on the w B.
Speaker 1: Also, she can't really say she's sick of it because she would get a lot of hate for that.
Speaker 4: Well exactly, And I genuinely think she isn't. I think she's like, you know what, I can't believe this show is the gift that on giving. And I think she acknowledged that it has more viewers than ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more people are watching Gillmer girls than ever.
Speaker 1: She did also make a little note about something that Rita Morena told her, which I feel like Rita Moreno's having a moment because totally, I feel like this year I have just come across her name way more than I ever have in my life.
Speaker 4: And I think she's like ninety Also, she's like really thriving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she said she told her don't whine. That was her, that was her advice, don't whine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't whine.
Speaker 4: Also, Rita Moreno ninety three and looking awesome, like beyond beyond awesome, just looking amazing. Wait, Saturday is the Pailey Fest. So this is the panel, the Mainy Sherman Palladino panel. We are going to have live reporters on scene that will be bringing you a podcast like almost immediately following, so that we can get you all the news from the pale Fest. So the Palleyfests for people listening that don't know, it's like these TV panels, So they bring together, like you know, casts of shows. I went to the Prison Break one years ago. I went to the West Wing one. I think I can't remember. I've gone to a few. This one is very interesting because it's like an Amy Sherman Palladino panel. So Rachel Brosnahan's there for masl Uh, Lauren Graham's there.
Speaker 3: With Kelly Bishop. I think, is that right?
Speaker 4: I think Kelly and then a bunch of the at twall.
Speaker 3: How do you say it at all?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I think we decided it's not at twall. It's oh no, I.
Speaker 1: Thought it was a twelve. I know I was saying it wrong. It's not, it's it is.
Speaker 3: I think you got it right.
Speaker 1: I think it's Budge.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: We don't know how to say it yet, but that cast's gonna be there, so there's definitely gonna be juicy stuff.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a lot of juicy stuff, and something's going to be dropped, right, I think so Tara and Suzanne are going going live and they're literally from their cars. They're bringing their recording equipment and recording from their cars after and posting so that everyone that could enjoin, like me and you and everyone listening will know what happened. So that is that's pretty huge.
Speaker 4: I love it. Wait, can you tell me about Melissa McCarthy's husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would be so stoked if my husband gave me this gift, like I can't even handle it.
Speaker 3: I agree. I'm looking at it right now, and I want it.
Speaker 1: I want it, I want it. He gifted her a souped up golf cart called Bowie Mobile, and it is a purple golf cart, like just straight up a purple golf cart, and it is so stinking cute. But yeah, he gave her that that gift, and honestly, five stars.
Speaker 4: Can she drive it around their neighborhood or does she only use it on set? But whatever, either way, it's.
Speaker 1: The picture that I see of her driving this golf cart looks like she's in a neighborhood.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: In my neighborhood, all the moms and dads dropped off the drop off their kids in golf carts at school.
Speaker 3: I want a golf cart. I do too.
Speaker 1: I told my husband that maybe in like five years, once our kids are like of not where they can be in a golf cart without a cursey. I want a golf cart so bad.
Speaker 3: So my neighborhood.
Speaker 4: So in part of my neighborhood, everyone has golf carts because there's a golf course and you can't take them on the street, but you can take them on the streets in our neighbor like where the golf.
Speaker 3: There's like rules, and I want one.
Speaker 4: I'm saving up my pennies because that seems to be like the next big purchase I want to make.
Speaker 1: I live by golf course too, but it's separated by like a big busy street. But in my like little neighborhood.
Speaker 3: People I don't even know.
Speaker 1: If it's legal, But I have money. Everybody has a golf cart. Everybody fine, I know you do you?
Speaker 4: So? I mean I don't have my trivia cards again, which I promise We're going to get back on that soon. I'm excited for Palleyfest. I'm excited for First of all, I've already watched the bun Heads episode this week and it's I did too.
Speaker 3: How isn't it so good?
Speaker 1: It's good. It's really good. And we'll save our thoughts.
Speaker 5: For sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, we only have two left and then it's parenthood time.
Speaker 1: So weird. I'm excited for parenthood thought me too.
Speaker 4: But it's going to be a serious commitment and get your get your advillain tissues ready because you.
Speaker 3: Cry so much. It's come.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it. I like a little tier or two. I'm here for it.
Speaker 4: Well, I think we've done a great job today, Danielle. I don't want to brag, but I feel like this has been a great episode.
Speaker 1: It's always it's always fun when we when we. I'm proud of herself.
Speaker 4: Happy last week of March, even though for a brief moment I thought Christmas was coming next month.
Speaker 1: It'll be here before we know it. But in the meantimes, meantimes, why did I make that?
Speaker 3: Lurl?
Speaker 4: We've had Here's what our mess ups were today. I said, Uzzo Aduba was in nine.
Speaker 3: You said your brother saw.
Speaker 4: You make it. I don't know why, but we can end it with good times.
Speaker 1: Well that's the.
Speaker 6: New everybody, and don't forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.