Speaker 1: Hey, chat GPT, how about this. It's one more thing. I'm strong and getty. One more thing. I probably did something unwise with chat GPT. I'll get to that in just a second.
Speaker 2: Did you fall in love?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I haven't gone down that road, Thank god. I don't think I'm capable of that. But this is from New Zealand for whatever reason, let's hear this first.
Speaker 3: Once upon a time, the world wanted to be in New Zealand. We had to cup a clean, green image, earth, sexiest accent. Everyone wanted a slight of our pie. But now look at us. Our sheep to human ratio is embarrassing me low. Our national pride is somewhat less than outstanding. We need something new to be proud of, something big and brave, to foot us back on the map. It's time for New Zealand to become the best place in the world to have herpes. Four out of five Kiwis are counting on us because no other country is strong enough to tackle this issue. With a bit of education, should we can beat the stigma? This mighty's on the best place in the world they have herpes?
Speaker 2: Is that real?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's from the New Zealand Herpes Foundation.
Speaker 2: They're trying to take the shame out of having the horrible HERB.
Speaker 1: You should be a deeply ashamed.
Speaker 2: It's a virus. What's a brother to do? That's very odd.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do with it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I thought the same thing. I just wanted to play because it was so ODDA.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Best band from New Zealand.
Speaker 1: I can't name one clearly crowded House? Okay, only Arrival Split Ends. Which was the Finn Brothers band.
Speaker 2: Before Crowded House?
Speaker 1: Or were they hobbits? They were hobbits with the free feet on stage with their hairy feet. Yes, it's fabulous four feet all. Back to my chat GPT thing. First of all, we've mentioned this many times on the amazing and informative Armstrong and Getty Show that the therapy you get on chat GPT is disturbingly good. I have spent I've never totaled it up, but it would have to be. So it's easily six figures on therapy mostly for family members throughout the year, or me for trying to deal with family members for variety of things I've talked about over the years. But I'm probably not going to talk about much anymore because the kids are getting older. AnyWho, I have had enough therapy and spend enough money on therapy to say with a clear conscience, therapy is mostly crap and mostly a waste of money, and I wish it weren't the case, but it is, and it's not the most great therapists to say, yes, you're correct, and it's not all a waste of money. And then you usually are looking for a therapist when you're in a really bad situation and you're like a bad situation and you need help like yesterday, And even if you get a good therapist, it's going to take weeks, maybe months, before you'd make a dent in whatever problem you have, because you meet one hour a week, et cetera, et cetera. AnyWho, most of the time it's a waste of money. But Tay, I've sat around enough therapists, either alone or with other people to know a lot of what they say. And I've asked chat GPT a variety of questions about, you know, all different kinds of relationships on how to handle them, and their response is fantastic. I mean, it's just so well laid out, makes perfect sense in every instance, I've gone wow, that's really insightful every time I've walked out of very few offices with therapists and thought, wow, that was really insightful. But chat gpt every single time where it's like wow, that makes perfect sense or that's a great way to word that, or whatever, it's disturbing. And I've got a friend who makes very good money as a therapist and is scared to death about this how good it is. In fact, this person is using it themselves as a therapist to deal with a particular relationship. And they actually sent me today. I'll be very vague because I wouldn't want to screw up their situation, but dealing with a love interest and a problem. And they sent me the text said this is what I asked chat gpt about it, and what do you think? And I responded with, I hate to say it based on what you do for a living, but that is really really good, I mean, like great in terms of a text response. Send this text to him as written by chat GPT, and I wouldn't change a word of it unless I just felt guilty about the fact that freaking an inanimate object just.
Speaker 2: Came up with this well in ananimated object which is studied humans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, very very careous studied humans, I think more, and studied all the best therapy out there, and somehow congealed it into something good as opposed to something crappy.
Speaker 2: And now regurgitates it. That's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what to think about it that, but if it's good, it's good, right, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try it. Hang on, and it is GPT.
Speaker 1: I've got a good example.
Speaker 2: Can't get turned on unless my wife wears a squirrel costume.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got something the fuzzy tail. Yes, I've got something similar for comedy relief. So, and I regret doing this because chat GPT. I don't know how to clear anything on them.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, he actually did it.
Speaker 1: I actually did it. Yes, And the problem is I have some ongoing conversations going on chat GPT, and it remembers your conversation from a week ago, which is actually pretty cool. It's like having a therapist, I mean, because they remember, well, you know, you mentioned the other day that she or he or whatever your mom said this. Maybe you should try. And but now I've ruined it all by giving chat GPT these this fanciful scenario that I that I gave it. Although the answers are pretty funny, I have ruined.
Speaker 5: It though, I feel like you can tell it to disregard that.
Speaker 1: Oh I will after this, I'll say that last when it was a joke. Please delete that conversation, right, Okay, So here we go, I said to chat GPT, like, during the commercial break, my girlfriend saves her toenails. Hmm, my girlfriend saves her toenail clippings in a job. I want to marry her, but this seems odd. What do you think? And chat GPT said, yeah, that's unusual, not necessarily a deal breaker, but definitely worth paying attention to. Here's the practical breakdown. Is it a red flag? Not automatically. Some people have quirky habits or personal rituals that seem odd but are harmless. But it depends on context. Is it hygienic? Is she sealing them storing them cleanly? Does it have emotional meaning to her? Sentimental, artistic or obsessive artistic? Yes, I'm gonna make a a Nativity scene out them at a Christmas wreath.
Speaker 2: I like, yeah, wreath, that would be pretty Chris. The toenail clippings sparkle in the winter moonlight. Tom, Yes, I remember, I remember, remember that toil.
Speaker 1: Those toenail clippings are from when we spent the night at that hotel. Always did it shot across the room.
Speaker 2: That's the one, and I had to look for it. Yeah, Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 1: Is she open to talking about it or defensive? Is this part of a larger pattern of behavior that feels off if everything else is great? Ask her about it gently, without judgment, something like, Hey, I noticed the jar Tonio clippings. What's the story there? Wow, that's helpful. I don't know that that was the smoothest way to get into the conversation. Hey, I noticed the two Totaio clippings. What the fuck? What's a smoother way?
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of jars or speaking of here's hell clipping from the paper, speaking of clippings, what the hell do you want? No, that's a perfectly good way to get into it.
Speaker 1: I think mine is better. You just pointed him and say what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Uh fuck is that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: If she gives a very intense or irrational oh, how she responds tells you a lot. This is quite good. Actually, If she laughs it off, and says, yeah, I'm weird. I know that's probably harmless. If she gives it very intense or irrational explanation, it might suggest deeper issues. Yeah, if she get flips out and gets mad, if it bothers you long term, you're not shallow for being weirded out. Everyone has limits. If this kind of behavior feels incompatible with how you want to live, it's okay to acknowledge that. In short, talk to her. The habit alone isn't necessarily a reason not to marry someone, but how she handles it and how you feel about him close more than the jar of too clippings.
Speaker 5: That's that's breached. Top ten deal breakers. If all of a sudden there is a jar of toenails.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not like she doesn't swap out toothbrush often enough. That's a jarra toenail clippings.
Speaker 1: Okay, I had to do this, so it said, do you want help figuring out how to bring it up smoothly? And since I didn't think the other one was that smoothe all right, here's a simple, non judgmental way to bring it up without making or feel attacked. Say this in a casual but curious tone, so.
Speaker 2: They even give you a stage stress I love this.
Speaker 1: Wear a jaunty hat and say it in a casual but curious tone.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: By the way, Hey this is kind of random, but I noticed that jar with toenail clippings. I'm just really curious what's the story behind that. I think that would come off as phony unless they're completely not self aware. They got to know that's some weird s behavior. Yeah, that strikes me as perfectly reasonable as a way to say it. I don't know a better way. I don't know a better way to say it.
Speaker 2: Well, because in your bizarre and troubling scenario, and I'd like to ask chat beat GPT, what do you think think of a guy who comes up with this as a scenario. Anyway, in your bizarre and unlikely scenario, you have been aware of it for an extended time. So saying hey, what the fuck is up with that? That is out of left field. That's that's a bad way to bring it.
Speaker 1: I would only say that as it's already a deal breaker. It's just a I want to hear the explanation before I pack up my toothbrush and the socks and head out the door.
Speaker 2: And you're just sayet, sweetheart, and you're jaunt yet exactly, Hey, sweetheart, there's about a one in ten chance that this answer doesn't end our relationship. But hey, why do you save your toenail clips?
Speaker 1: You freaking weirdo?
Speaker 2: Oh right?
Speaker 1: Why that approach worked? The I'm just really curious you're not calling it gross or weird out right. You're inviting a story instead of passing judgment. It opens a door for a conversation without pressure.
Speaker 2: There you go, and good counseling.
Speaker 1: If she laughs or shrugs it off, you can follow it. Okay, cool. I was just wondering. It's definitely a first for me, but I know everyone's got ther thing.
Speaker 2: No you no, I can't. I know I will not.
Speaker 1: You can't say it's definitely a first for me, But I know everybody's got their thing. I have my things.
Speaker 2: Uh, pashaw, you know I keep jars with my toenails. Anyway, what do you want to do for dinner? No, we are not through here. We are not through here.
Speaker 1: I keep toenail clippings at a jar. You have lots of shoes. We all have our thing.
Speaker 2: Oh my skin, neighborhood cats, you like singing a cappella.
Speaker 1: You know, no, I got a gimp in the basement's you? Oh boy?
Speaker 2: Oh he's gonna keep going.
Speaker 1: One more.
Speaker 2: It's not a motorcycle, it's a chopper.
Speaker 1: Baby, Yeah, zed's dead baby.
Speaker 5: I think there's a plot twist of this podcast. And Jack has a jar of toenail clippings at his house and Hew ask and to know how this is going to go right?
Speaker 2: He wants to know how judgmental we're going to be king a woman's intuition, man, folks.
Speaker 1: And this is kind of interesting, chat GPT And I gotta do what you said, Katie. When we're done here is I gotta tell chet GPT that was all just an experiment forget all of this, not report it to the government. It said at the end, let me know how it goes if you bring it up or you want backup phrasing, depending on how serious or light you want to keep it. So chat GPT wants a follow up, like how did it go? Oh?
Speaker 5: You should right tell it that like she pulled a gun on you and just totally one sideways when you took its advice.
Speaker 1: I'm at the er. She attacked me with both hands she.
Speaker 2: Shot me, but it's brought us closer together. Ye.
Speaker 4: Next podcast, Jack will share his TONAO clipping collection that looks like celebrities Jay Leno, Bernie Sanders, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's it.