Speaker 1: Cut booms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to Clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: In the air everywhere, The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio and a happy, happy, happy, happy Sunday to you.
Speaker 4: We'll get down to the sweet sixteen by the end of the day. It is National Puppy Day to day, so enjoy that. You have fun with that. And uh oh man.
Speaker 5: When puppies come on the TV, Soa goes crazy and he's like.
Speaker 1: Dog dom dog Yeah. Now do you You don't have any dogs?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 5: We do? Yeah? No, we have. We have a little dog. Brenda's had him for eight years now, okay, all right. It is the yeah, one dog, one cat over here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: And they get along with each other, yeah they do, yeah, okay. And Cole's is called more of a dog or cat kid.
Speaker 5: He chases both of them equally, and he hits and pulls tails equally.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's an equal opportunity.
Speaker 5: When he's buying the pets, I say, gentle, gentle, soft, you have to be soft, gentle, and then boom, he grabs a fist full of fur.
Speaker 4: Well that's for him, he's just being that's reasonable activity.
Speaker 1: Come on, what do you expect? All right?
Speaker 4: I do have a fun fact, Danny. This is for Alf the alien opine or fun fact. Fun fact, fun fact. President harding his dog Laddie Boy, the first the White House first dog. The first ever White House dog was Laddie Boy. How about that, Oh, Laddie Boy. That was in nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 5: So I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's one hundred plus years ago.
Speaker 4: But you'd think, why didn't George Washington or Lincoln or one of those cats have a dog?
Speaker 1: What's up with that?
Speaker 5: Also? I think back then they had to eat the dogs.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a joke there, but I'll let it go.
Speaker 4: And you remember the Movie's Last the lassie movies that came out from MGM in nineteen forty three, a big moment in cinema. Hollywood got its first look at Lassie and Lassie Come Home, and then Snoopy Snoopy came around in nineteen fifty and I think at Knott's very form of amusement park in La. Here in Orange County, do they still have Camp Snoopy?
Speaker 1: I think they do.
Speaker 5: Oh they do. It's so ghetto in there. Sorry to tell the truth.
Speaker 1: Well, that is unfortunate. That is unfortunate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was graffiti inside Camp Snoopie.
Speaker 4: Oh that's I mean, come on, can't you can't you at least respect Camp Snoopy? Well it should we I it's like they spent how many millions of dollars? I drive by this bridge every day. It's not even a bridge, it's a it's a road. It looks like a bridge. It doesn't go over a body of water. I think bridges go over a body of water. But in La the is it the seventh Street bridge of the I think it's the seventh Street bridge. This bridge they restored it. They spent millions of dollars.
Speaker 5: And oh, yeah, I know the one you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I drive by there every day when I'm coming back from going to work and going back through downtown LA and these savages just destroyed. They took all the copper wiring out of it, so you can't light it up. It's a beautiful they spent it was great.
Speaker 5: Come on, what are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just f the whole thing up. It was like what you might?
Speaker 4: Come on now, before we get to the mail bag, go, I did want to begin with the special. I didn't do this on I don't think I did, right, I don't think I did. I don't even know. I know I didn't do it yesterday. But let's do it right now. The how about the phrase?
Speaker 1: The word? We'll do the word of the week, the word?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you did a phrase of the week on Friday. No word of the week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I need to do the word of the work. All right, here's the word of the week. And this was recommended by our friend Alf in Springfield, Massachusetts, adjacent home of the pro Bouncy Ball Hall of Fame where Muffett McGraw is enshrined. And the word of the week is pod casting pod casting. And the word is a portmanteau. I believe how you say p O R T M A n T e a U. And it is a word that is blending the sounds and meanings of two different words. It's a blend of the word iPod and the word broadcast. It's kind of obvious and the first person to use the word podcast or podcasting was twenty one years ago. A British journalist who was writing a story for the London newspaper The Guardian, and his name Ben Ben Hammersley wrote the word podcast. It was popularized by an app developer, and then it was added to the dictionary in twenty five, so it's been it's been twenty years this has been used in dictionaries, so that's I mean, it's not that long in the big picture. But back in twenty oh five it was reported that it was not a popular term. People criticized the term podcasting and they were upset because they thought, Wow, you're giving way too much credit to Apple because you just ripped off the iPad iPod.
Speaker 1: Which isn't even a thing anymore.
Speaker 4: But back then people were complaining about it and they said that instead of podcasting, they should call it blogcasting or audio blogging.
Speaker 1: That never picked up.
Speaker 5: Do you know right now, I ain't even really I bet a lot of people are thinking the same thing. I did. I've never even gave it two seconds of a thought about why it was named that.
Speaker 1: Well, now you know the rest of the story.
Speaker 4: You can thank a writer for The Guardian who's a freelance writer now, Ben Hammersley, who just put together iPod and broadcast and ta da.
Speaker 1: I love the fact.
Speaker 4: Even back then though people were bitching, I don't you shouldn't call it a podcast, call it a blog.
Speaker 5: Back then if the iPad had been in place of the iPod, because we have the iPads now, not iPods, yeah, would it have been a podcast?
Speaker 1: But I'm bumped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure would have been a podcast. And know that I also would like to share with the class a story. One of my old program directors came up to me. This is in the late nineties, and he's like, we were on the Dodger station. We were doing a night show, so we got covered up a lot. Dodgers play on the West Coast at night most of the time, but probably eighty five percent of the time ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 1: So we were off quite a bit during the summer.
Speaker 4: And the guy's like, Hey, why don't you guys just do the show for the internet and we'll just record it and then we can do it. And at that time, I don't eve think we're going to record. I think we just do it live on the internet. And I remember having the conversation with the boss. We both were like if you lost your bloody mind, who know, because at that time, no one was listening to anything on computers and that kind of technology. It just hadn't taken off yet, and it really wasn't like listening to podcasts like this really took off until maybe ten fifteen years ago. Right, I feel like it's been it's been maybe ten fifteen years, but even now there's still.
Speaker 1: More people listening to rap regular radio podcasts. People don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean a lot of it is, yeah, a lot of it is not a convenience. You still get in your car and turn flip the radio on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 4: And people don't like to talk about that part because podcasting is seen is cool and we love doing the podcast and at some point that's probably all I'll be doing is the podcast at some point.
Speaker 1: But still the numbers, you know, and you say, well.
Speaker 4: The numbers aren't right, Well maybe that's maybe that's true, But the numbers are that we have are that more people listening to the to the radio.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what. One good thing about podcasts is when you have a couple of episodes to catch up on, it's like having a good TV show where the episodes are stacked up and you can't wait to go binge the TV show. Whenever I have two podcasts waiting for me to listen to on my commute, it's like, oh yeah, I got those podcasts. And so even though it's not as convenient it's just flipping the FM or AM station on, I like the fact that it's something you look forward to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's true.
Speaker 4: I have guys that are long haul movers, like moving man Matt in Boston will not listen to the show for like two weeks, and then he'll drive from Boston to Seattle and he'll listen the whole way, like the whole trip. He's got podcasts four hours a day, five days a week, and this podcast on the weekend, so he's got a lot of content.
Speaker 1: There's a good archive, good library.
Speaker 4: Material, so he'll just listen on his drive across across country, which you can't do. I remember, as we've talked about doing radio early on and if you didn't catch the show, you didn't hear the show. There was no going back and being like, oh, how would I go back and hear the show. No, you had to listen. It was appointment listening. And if you didn't listen, this is like TVO. Before TVO, there was no you know, unless you caught it on a rerun. You missed that TV show. Yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: The mail bag, mail bag, mail bag, mail bag, mail bag, mail bag.
Speaker 5: It's B's mail bag. Someday someone's gonna listen back to this mail bag ten years from now. On a podcast.
Speaker 4: There are people that listen to this guy Tony in the Bay Area who go listen to podcast from twenty seventeen. I think that's the furthest back. They go, like the Overnight Show and he'll call up and ask random questions about what happened in twenty seventeen. I'm like, dude, that's eight years ago. I'm just trying to get through the day.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to get Oh that's what I'm doing, Tinderoni tips Man, all right.
Speaker 4: Well, another one of those amazing stories. This comes from Bill in the Great State of Ohio. He does not say where, So I'm assume I don't know Cincinnati. It's either Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, or Dayton, probably one of those. Like very rarely does anyone email us from elsewhere, he writes, He says, gentleman, another story, he thought you'd appreciate. A woman here bought a painting at a thrift shop and was able to sell it for almost one thousand times.
Speaker 1: What she paid for it.
Speaker 4: And yeah, this woman, cording to the story, this is in Dayton, Ohio. So I should let Dick and Dayton know about this, because Dick does do some thrift shopping.
Speaker 1: He does. A woman bought a.
Speaker 4: Painting for thy Yeah, for sure, and then he loves send pictures those Dick pics.
Speaker 5: All right, so low budget Dick.
Speaker 4: Hello, all right, So this woman, she bought a painting for two dollars and ninety nine cents at a thrift shop just for the frame. The painting ended up being auctioned off for two eight hundred and seventy five dollars, and uh so, yeah it was she thought it was an awful painting and didn't think it was all that good and all that. But it turns out it was from a couple of famous American Impressionist painters. The person passed away one of the people in the painting. Well, I say, I guess it was one person, wasn't two, But he's got like four names, so I thought it was two people. Because we see four names, I think two people, you don't think one person. And I'd never heard of this person.
Speaker 1: But they died at age eighty eight, nineteen seventy two, and.
Speaker 4: His works of art are in collections all over the United States, including Indiana State University, Any State Museum in Indianapolis, Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Wake Forest University in Winston Salem, Winston Salem, North Carolina.
Speaker 5: And yeah, well it must have been ugly if she wanted to frame. Yeah, like it was. I wonder, I wonder what this thing looks like. Do you see a picture of it?
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, there's a it's a nice it looks like a.
Speaker 1: Haunted mansion picture.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, let me send you you listen to our live coverage. By the way, it's the fifth hour podcast. As we attempt to send a photo homeseek, I got that.
Speaker 1: I think if I if I I think this.
Speaker 5: Would like to alert all the affiliates down the line that Ben is trying to work his iPhone.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am fuxing around with my phone right now. I did quick send.
Speaker 5: You can Yeah, you're right. Yeah, I'm looking at it right now. Well you can. Yeah, it's kind of creepy. I could see why she just wanted to frame.
Speaker 1: But the frame's creepy though, right, the paintings, yeah whatever, but it's.
Speaker 5: All creepy, I guess. Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like and she paid again, let me go back here. She paid at a couple of bucks for that.
Speaker 5: I've always wondered about dumpster divers who go around to these yard sales just they're hoarders. Most of the people are hoarders. I know, some of the people legitimately need clothes and maybe toys to their kids or whatever, ever, because they're a little down on their luck. I get that. But there's also people like Rerenda's aunt who's just a hoarder and she goes to all she lives in Anaheim. She goes to all these yard sales every weekend and takes other people's crap from their garage and puts it in her garage.
Speaker 4: Just shifting crap around from it's like yeah, and there's there's shows dedicated this. Remember the what channels, that History Channel. Those guys that go around, they were in Iowa. I think they're in Tennessee now. One of them not on the show is like one.
Speaker 5: Oh American Pickers.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, ye back roads and find random stuff. And then there's the the people that buy the storage shed storage wars. I think that's still in the air, and they'll go around and buy stuff. But you figure there's so many people living and people get older and then you know they they you don't take anything with you right when you check out. You talked about George Foreman yesterday and his death over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I mean, George made a lot of money. He's probably a lot of crazy stuff.
Speaker 4: People go through his stuff, but you know, people who aren't famous, maybe they had one or two things that were worth a lot of money, and when they die, stuff kind of gets you don't want to go through it, you don't have time to go through it, and then.
Speaker 1: It ends up. It ends up at a Salvation Army or a good will or something.
Speaker 4: And there's so there's opportunities there, but it's a it's a needle in a haystack situation.
Speaker 5: By the way, that that picker who passed away, that was Frank Okay, yeah, he died towards the end of last year. Oh was it? Okay.
Speaker 4: The next one is from a guy named Ben and also in Ohio. We are dominating the Buckeye State, and Ben says he wanted to get our thoughts on the story that door Dash will now allow its customers to buy now pay later for fast food. You can buy I guess you can buy your big mac and fries here and then you can pay in installments.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't get the whole door Dash thing.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of you boys and girls delivered door Dash or Uber Eats or whatever, and.
Speaker 1: God bless you. But my take is, if I'm that.
Speaker 4: Lazy that I don't even want to get out of the house to get the food, I don't need the food, that's just that's just me.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I have relatives, some of my in laws, and one in particular, all she does is order Uber.
Speaker 1: Eats and door Dash. It's non stop.
Speaker 4: In fact, we'll go over to visit with these in laws and they'll be like, hey, what do you want for dinner?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I will name something.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll just order it on you know whatever app and the end up paying so much extra for the food.
Speaker 1: But that's a bad shap.
Speaker 5: Those fees, all those fees and taxes are what kills it because I actually, I don't know want to tip my driver a good tip, so I want that money to go to him. I don't need a twelve dollars delivery fee that doesn't even go to.
Speaker 4: The no, for sure, but just the idea that you need to pay off a fast food dinner like that is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's lazy. A lot of it is lazy people. But like you said, we have a lot of delivery drivers listening. I respect it. I respect your hustle a lot. It's it's not easy work.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Well it's the beauty of like valet parking, same concept, Right, You're too lazy to go park and walk, so you're gonna do the valet parking and that's that's that. Joey writes in from New York. He says he's in Long Island, but he does not know e dog or Joe dog. Good, stay away from the dog. That guy annoyed me. The other night, this guy E Dog started to call a show again. With Joe Dogs working during the day, but Dog starts calling show again.
Speaker 5: I've been seeing people complain on Twitter about e Dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he's like, he's like non secuitar guy, Like we're having two totally different conversations. I'm talking about one thing, he's talking about the other thing.
Speaker 1: It's just terrible. Anyway.
Speaker 4: I guess this is from Long Island because Joey says he lives there. The founder of pirates Booty. You ever had pirate's booty?
Speaker 5: Ever had his favorite snacks?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Everyone loves eating that pirate's booty. That sounds dirty, but it's it's just better for you.
Speaker 1: I supposedly, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Anyway, the founder of pirates Booty had started a mutiny on Long Island. He declared himself as the mayor of this town on Long Island and attempted to fire the staff of the village. So that's pretty ballsy, right, But that's the pirate attitude, Isn't that the pirate attitude?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 1: If you're a pirate, that's what pirates do. They don't have to follow the law. They're freaking pirates.
Speaker 5: This puffed corn and rice snack food says it was developed in nineteen eighty seven by Robert Erlich.
Speaker 4: That's who it is, Robert. It was fun O birding his authority as mayor, demanding access to office space, declaring that the entire village staff was fired in Seacliff, New York.
Speaker 1: On on Long Island. Yeah, he was going around there doing his thing. How about that?
Speaker 4: About twenty six miles northeast of midtown Manhattan, so about half an hour, half an hour helicopter ride, actually a helicopter I probably about ten minutes car twenty six miles from midtown Manhattan. It'll take you about three hours to get there. Better off taking the train. So yeah, this guy trying to take over local government. There must be more to that story, right, There's got to be. How much you think that guy made from pirates bodoties everywhere aged entered pirate's booty, puffed rice and corn.
Speaker 1: It's all natural, Danny, It's all natural, it is.
Speaker 5: How that white cheddar is tasty, not bad.
Speaker 1: You can get that at Costco. You can get that at Target Walmart where you do your shopping there. So I don't know what you want going to say, Joey, I saw, I mean, I saw the story.
Speaker 4: It's very bizarre. I don't know what the guy had. I don't know what much more than what you just sent me. So it's interesting. Every time I see Pirate's booty in the store, I'll think of the mutiny on Long Island?
Speaker 5: You know, really quick? Did you know booty meant treasure?
Speaker 4: Well, what it can mean treasure to you, it means something else to me. That's fine, means some different to me. Alf from the year in nineteen twenty six says when Wheaties released the first ever radio jingle. So, gentlemen, as fans of radio jingles, can you explain to me? Alf says why the cougars are no longer coming? But cars for Kids have been bludgeoning our ear holes for over thirty years now. Yeah, cars for kids. According to Alf, he said that that started in nineteen ninety four. I love the radio jingle I Love Love Love. We've we've talked about this before.
Speaker 1: It is so good. Yeah, And.
Speaker 4: There was a point when I first got into radio there were still stations that played jingles.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm old.
Speaker 4: And at some point they thought, well, that's too old. You sound too old as a station. Like the programming people said, you gotta you gotta be hipper and cooler, and it sounds sounds like your grandpa's radio station. So they had to get rid of all the jingles and all that. But they were They were great everyone, and you jingles are They work? They are effective, They work people.
Speaker 5: Remember, Yeah, even in the late nineties been I remember it got pulled because people complained, of course they did. But corn Nuts had a radio ad campaign that was busted nut. Busted nut. It's so much fun when you masticate, well it masticates fancy word for chewing. But people were so, oh my god, they're singing bust a nut. Yeah, no, no, it was awesome. I actually got a copy of that CD and I brought it to other radio stations wherever my career went, and in the middle of regular commercial breaks, I would play that commercial even though it wasn't scheduled.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's funny.
Speaker 4: I recall the advertisers of my youth because of jingles like pop pop phizz fizz. Oh, what a relief it is, right, I mean the jingle that's yeah.
Speaker 5: How about all the gum, all the bubble gum ones like Big Red.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Big Red was how about the hot Dog? I wish I would.
Speaker 5: It's going a movie.
Speaker 1: Hey. When we were kids, Danny, we wanted to get a toy. I don't want to grow up. I want to be a toys r us kid.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I don't want to grow up. I'm a toys r us kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's all basic jingle stuff, right, that's and they got.
Speaker 1: Away for it.
Speaker 4: If you you can become a is it a warm worm hole? Is that what you call when you get stuck in the ear?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, earworm?
Speaker 1: I guess I say. I think earworm is probably the better term. Earworm. And people just.
Speaker 4: Repeat that over and I love the bit. And there's still some radio stations to do this. It's one of the great gimmicks. How many times can you say the station name in like thirty seconds or twenty seconds?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: And I think last one in La K Earth did this for a few years back, where you had to scream you know the name of the station over and over and over and whoever you got like one hundred bucks for every time you said.
Speaker 1: It's a breaking it's a solid gimmick. But yeah, I and there's a.
Speaker 5: Great speaking of jingles. Earth one oh one, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, k Earth one on one. How about the Ben Maler Show.
Speaker 1: How about shut Up?
Speaker 4: You know no wf an and New York famous all sports station for years.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they still do.
Speaker 4: I haven't been a listener to WFN in a while, but they used to have the jingle, the jingle.
Speaker 5: We got to get a fifth hour podcast jingle made.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would love that. There's the big jingle shop in Dallas that does most of the the gingles. We can have one made by anybody. I mean, it'd be awesome. We'd play the crap out of that pretty much every week, be NonStop.
Speaker 1: All right, what is next?
Speaker 4: It is the mail bag here on this college basketball Sunday here in late March, Mike in Fullerton writes, and he says, hello, March Madness, Mallor and diaper Dandy Danny g Ben. I know you think people talking about their fantasy football team is terrible radio. That's true, But what about March Madness bracket talk. By the time you read this, my bracket might be totally busted. But as of my writing, I picked fifteen of sixteen games correctly in the beginning of the tournament.
Speaker 1: It pretty impressive. Huh. Anyway, Mike says, my.
Speaker 5: Question, no, you know who went sixteen? And oh is that your boy Steve Hartman?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: My question is our FSR employees eligible to win the twenty five hundred dollars Tractor Supply gift card, because he pointed out Steve Hartman is at the very top there.
Speaker 1: I want, he says, I want the gift card.
Speaker 4: And I'm pretty sure we can't win it, although I did click on the thing when I signed up Danny that said I have to give my information out if I win, because you know, to use your your image and likeness or whatever you win the gift car.
Speaker 5: Man, if you won that gift card, you could finally feed livestock to your alligator pond.
Speaker 1: I would love to do that.
Speaker 5: It would be Uh.
Speaker 1: I can actually buy some like bear traps, you know, not that I need them. I can buy that.
Speaker 4: And you have you been to a tractors spl They're actually pretty cool.
Speaker 5: I've never been. But if I was driving past one, I would bark and go inside. For sure.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: We were driving up the closest one, I believe to downtown LA. We were driving up past Santa Barbara. We were near solving in the next the next town, what is the name of the next town, Bueleton, Buleton. Yeah, yeah, there's a pretty sure there's a tractor supply in Bueleton. That's the one we went to, and it was it was pretty neat. It was a nice store. They had a little bit of everything. And you need a wheelbarrow, they'll get your wheelbarrow. They got that. You know, you need a bag of burrow baggage, you you got whatever you need. Need overalls, they gets you some overalls. They got a little bit of everything there attractor supply. So I don't think you need to worry Mike about Hartman. Even if he wins, he's he's not going to get it done. Helps That would Hartman be if he went perfect bracket and didn't get the million dollars and.
Speaker 5: Didn't get the million.
Speaker 4: I know Kevin in Kansas, right since, says dear ben Ge, I found your overnight show during March of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go, Danny. We talked about that.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, I found your overnight show during March of twenty twenty, the spring break from which no schools returned. I did some malar math and discovered that in five full years of listening to every hour of every show, including the weekend show, that is thirteen hundred regular shows plus four hours each at four hours each, rather one hundred and fifty six Fifth Hour shows at one hour each. That means two thousand and eighty shows five thousand, nine hundred and eighty hours. That's impressive, I says, thanks for filling our lives with great sports talk. So here's a fun fact for Kevin in Kansas. So if my math is correct, I did use malar math here. I used malamth. So by my account, Kevin and Antis has spent in the last five years, he has spent two hundred and forty nine days of his life consuming audio content produced by either the Ben Malers Show or the Fifth Hour podcast. Because five nine hundred and eighty hours divided by twenty four twenty four hours a day, and that works out to two hundred and forty nine point one days listening to this this audio content.
Speaker 1: I'm not a numbers guy, but that doesn't seem to add up. But people sleep for about eight hours a day, right, So hold on a second, I mean normally, yeah, I don't sleep.
Speaker 4: So divided by let's do sixteen because say the guy Kevin sleeps eight hours or he's going to the bathroom, taking shower or whatever, brushing his teeth, so that means he's actually.
Speaker 5: Sure he's got a speaker. He's probably got a Bluetooth speaker in there with your voice on it, point purrepoint.
Speaker 4: But based on sixteen hours a day, he's listened for every waking minute for three hundred and seventy three days.
Speaker 5: So holy holy shit.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Kevin. Another COVID sports radio consumer, Danny, because of the pandemic. Yes, all right, next up, ish boy didn't write this guy's name? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. Hold on a second, I mean click over here, and I gotta futch around. You have got to be kidding me, all right, I'll get to the name of a minute. Any of the callers from him. I think he's in the wild I think this is the wild man, he says. Guys recently got one of my wisdom teeth removed. I chose not to go under, but let them numb me up a little bit. I started out all right, but when it came to the final pull to get it out, I yelped like a baby. It was not the first time getting wisdom teeth removed. When I was young in the Navy, I got my bottom wisdom out. I remember seeing smoke and smelling it too. Have you guys had any painful dental work? And he says, if you can give me a date for the Columbus, Ohio meet and greet, I will try to try to make it out. Yeah, this is the I believe. This is the wild man from from West Virginia.
Speaker 1: Believe.
Speaker 4: So a couple of years ago, Danny, remember I had the emergency medical I had emergency medical dental surgery a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: But I was old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and if you didn't have the connection, remember, if you didn't have the connection of that dentist, you would have been screwed.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I I had waited too long.
Speaker 4: I needed by the time they tracked me down, I had to have emergency dental surgery because my whole mouth was like swelling and disgusting and there was like puss and goo and it was a mess. So that was pretty bad. And then I had I had braces when I was younger, and I yeah, my mouth is a is a mess. I've had some some night mirror procedures, wild man.
Speaker 5: What about you, Danny G I've had my wisdom teeth pulled out, but no emergency dental surgeries or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Knock on wood, Well you have that to look forward to, Danny as you get older.
Speaker 5: All right, last one, don't you dare jinx me.
Speaker 1: If you're lucky enough, Right, if you're lucky, you'll have it.
Speaker 4: Ryan from Shrewsbury, mass rites In says, hello boys. A couple of weeks ago, I sent in that I discovered the next town over for me has a raising canes. Now, since you have Benny's big board, I have Ryan's reviews. Ryan says, I got the three piece combo texas toast and some French fries with a soda. Now, you guys were right. It was hands down one of the great chicken meals. He's his best, but best means as goes all the rest. I'm sure Ryan meant great chicken meals I've ever had. I will have to put this at number one, no question this week. Just letting you guys know about random raising Canes visit. It was a phenomenal, says Ryan. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Ryan, They're not a spot nice. I enjoy Raising Canes, and.
Speaker 5: Now I really feel like we're doing God's work.
Speaker 4: We're spreading the gospel. First time I read Raising Keynes was in Vegas, I said. I remember telling my wife. I said, listen, when I was a younger, guy said, someday, I'm going to beat McDonald's. I'm going to beat all the other burger king all the restaurants because I'm going to start a fast food restaurant with only chicken fingers. I never did it, but I was right that model, that plan would have worked because Raising Kines is very successful and they stole the business model that I had as a child.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get out on that, Danny. I will be back tonight.
Speaker 4: I also want to let you guys know, since your p ones on the podcast, I will yet again be filling in on the Rogan and Rodney Show on Monday afternoons.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow give me ahead of it right now.
Speaker 5: Yang, how many days off to those guys?
Speaker 1: Way too many? And here's the fun thing though.
Speaker 4: Now on Monday, I'm doing a two hour show with Fred's not back from Japan, Fred Rogan. So I'm gonna be working with the man that stole the foul ball from Max Munsey, Rodney Pete, and that'll be his first show back since he became a viral star in Tokyo when he snatched.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's the new bart man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the new Bartman.
Speaker 4: And I did not know this until I did the show the other day with Jonas that the reason he had a glove was they don't have the proper netting in Tokyo, so they actually hand the fans gloves.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and his kid works in the Dodgers clubhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his kid is like a clubby for the team.
Speaker 4: But they supposedly they just hand fans gloves in that stadium so they don't get killed from foul balls.
Speaker 5: We played a SoundBite of him on Covino and Rich and he was saying he was protecting his wife, but she's like a row behind him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I think that was just muscle memory. I think he just saw the ball. Seaball catch ball, Seaball catch ball.
Speaker 5: Can't wait to hear you ask him about it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm gonna pepper him I'm gonna completely pepper him and just not on him. Oh no, No, I don't believe that he was protecting his wife. I think he just wanted the ball. I want to know what happened to the ball. Did he keep the ball? Did he bring the ball back? He's tight with all those Dodger people. Are the Dodgers really upset with him? Does he have to have a meeting? Yeah, the whole thing I want to know. Anyway, have a great day. I'll be back tonight. We'll talk about the college basketball and then we've got the football signings. Will it be any today that we need to yap about? Tonight we'll talk about all of that, and Danny, you'll be back.
Speaker 1: Normal week for you. I assume yes.
Speaker 5: No, man, Yeah, normal afternoons with Covino and Rich. That is five to seven pm on the East Coast and two to four pm in beautiful his Moo Beach, California.
Speaker 1: My Pismo Beach.
Speaker 4: A right, have a wonderful rest of your sunny Thank you for supporting the podcast, and we'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 5: Enjoy the rest of your weekend, enjoy the games. Yeah, Asta Bosta gotta murder, I gotta go