Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our two in this Wednesday Dan and the Danni's Dan Patrick Show. Coming up, Dan Rolofsky for the mother Ship will join us NFL analyst. A few things to talk to him about, including Dalvin Cook to the Cowboys maybe. I think we keep waiting for a package deal with DeAndre Hopkins and Dalvin Cook. I don't see them going to the same team because that would mean Dalvin Cook to the Patriots with DeAndre Hopkins. It feels like that would be a likely destination for DeAndre Hopkins. It feels like it's right now the Titans or the Patriots. But we'll talk some football with Dan Orolovsky coming up, including if he were a Buffalo Bill, would he want a.
Speaker 1: Retractable roof with that new stadium?
Speaker 2: Baseball Reds won ten in a row, Giants nine in a row, Brave seven in a row. We'll talk some baseball with our good buddy Joey Vado. He'll join us coming up next hour. Be new and improved first place Cincinnati Reds. I think Joey Evado has the most hits of any Canadian born baseball player.
Speaker 1: I think he surpassed Larry Walker. That might be second on the list.
Speaker 2: But Joey Evado once he played like eighteen years, nineteen years all with the Cincinnati Rens.
Speaker 3: Yes, Pomy, Yeah, he's thirty nine years old. He's extremely Canadian, he's from Toronto.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is he all time hit leader in Canada? Yes, yes to Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at something from August of last year that he set the record for most games by a Canadian born player. But I believe I saw a story where he's got the most hits too.
Speaker 2: All right, it's NBA Draft Eve. Todd wanted to know the most overrated Eve. I don't know how we got on this because Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve are not overrated. I mean, New Year's Eve might be his people go out and go crazy, but you know, after age thirty, you're probably not doing New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: Christmas Eve? How can that be overrated?
Speaker 4: I just threw it in there because it's a popular eve, not that that would run away.
Speaker 1: With the NBA Draft Eve. How is it overrated?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's raided like the NFL Draft Eve would be rated, but I don't think NBA Draft I don't think anybody's going, Yeah, let's.
Speaker 5: Celebrate NBA even now, milk and cookies for Santa Stern coming.
Speaker 2: It's Santa Silver, mister, NBA Draft, Eve, NFL Draft Eve.
Speaker 1: Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve. I put out Adam and Eve.
Speaker 4: I think that would just run away with it?
Speaker 1: Do you think so?
Speaker 6: I think so?
Speaker 1: But do you think Eve was overrated a little bit? Yeah? Yeah, she sure takes a lot of heat. She does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she sure takes a lot of heat. Yeah, Adam doesn't, not as much as he of course not Adams. Just like now, it wasn't me as Eve. All they do is order to take out She gave me an apple basically set up all the time after that, Adam couldn't handle his own stuff.
Speaker 2: Uber Eats could have helped them. It would have changed the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Eight seven seven three show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a dp show.
Speaker 1: What's the poll question for hour two?
Speaker 5: Seaton God admit, I'm kind of surprised with the results of our one. Okay, if you're Portland, would you rather have bam Adebayo or the third?
Speaker 1: Overall pick?
Speaker 5: Right now, it's at about fifty eight percent?
Speaker 1: Would rather have the third? Overall pick.
Speaker 5: I wonder why that is?
Speaker 2: Well, I think you want the future. I don't know how many people want what is right now, right in front of us. It's the possibility. Oh my gosh, what could this guy, Scoot Henderson be.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Could it be the next to Anthony Edwards? Does he help you now? Does he help you in the next two years? How much does he help you now? Because Portland has two different agendas, it feels like, or at least they've had that. They're trying to build a round Dame, but they haven't and at some point you have to realize to better the franchise, you might have to give up the franchise player.
Speaker 7: Yes, mart If Scoot gets drafted by the Blazers, I can already see the headlines.
Speaker 2: Scoot over, oh, scoot over Dame. All all right, I'm going to give you a bloop on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Somebody just submitted, by the way, Kurt on Twitter just said that Victor Weanma's wem Buanyama's nickname should be the franchise.
Speaker 1: French French French franchise franchise. I like that. That's pretty good. We came up with the French Prince. Yeah, the franchise.
Speaker 2: Crowned Vic Pauli came up with s car goat.
Speaker 1: Yet not yet Victor wasn't asked about it.
Speaker 2: No, no, not nationally anyway. But no, he was at Yankee Stadium. He's doing all the great things. You know that that's where you go. Our guy's in town and man, he loves New York. He's embracing New York. He's on the subway. He's going to Yankee Stadium. Yeah, he's going to be gone on Friday or late Thursday night. He'll be in San Antonio. Nicks are back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, enjoy really Well, if you're the Knicks, aren't you rambling all jets right now?
Speaker 1: How the hell do we get this number one over?
Speaker 2: Okay, if this was soccer, could you pay the Spurs one hundred million dollars like a transfer fee?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that you just buy Victor one Bayama.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But sometimes if they really don't want to get rid of somebody, they'll say, okay, the transfer fee is.
Speaker 1: A billion dollars. Oh you know what I mean. So it's not always just there's not just a set price.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you could totally just say, h it will give you you know, one hundred and fifty million dollars for this pick.
Speaker 2: Okay, stream the original story of a basketball superhero. It's the Peacock original movie that tells the story of a young Lebron James and his buddies as they compete to become the number one high school basketball team in the country.
Speaker 1: Shooting Stars streaming now.
Speaker 2: Exclusively on Peacock, which is where you'll find this program. You can download the app if you haven't done so. Victor Won bay Yama went to Yankee Stadium. He also sat down with JJ Reddick old Man in the three podcast and he said that he's not bothered by the expectations.
Speaker 8: When someone says that you are the best prospect in a generation, the best prospects since Lebron. I believe one of my colleagues calls you the best prospect ever in team sports. That just goes in one ear and out the other. There's no pressure for that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, true, no pressure from that because uh, you know I and uh it's not like a reward when they say that, you know, Okay.
Speaker 2: Is he the greatest prospect in the history of team sports. Now that's a hot take coming from the mother Ship, But I don't know who put that out there. Was that Kendrick Perkins or somebody put out a sizzling hot take.
Speaker 1: Did Wendy put.
Speaker 9: That out there?
Speaker 2: Brian Windhors put that out there? Not necessarily a hot taker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, POUM.
Speaker 3: If you looked at it like this, let's say, right before the draft on draft night, the biggest sure thing, most hype, most expectations, and most belief that they'll be awesome. I gotta throw shack in there. Coming out of college, there weren't a lot of questions, maybe about his offensive arsenal, but he looked down at Patrick Ewing come out of college felt like a sure thing. There weren't any questions. It was just I can't believe we're getting him in Orlando or New York. And with if you said another sport, I'll see John Elway. You know, there's no questions. You know, there are no hesitation.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it's recency biased. That might have been Woje. Was it Woje who said, and this is.
Speaker 1: Where I go. You don't have to hype this.
Speaker 2: This was on the night of the draft lottery, I think, and Wode said, you know, maybe the greatest team prospect to ever come into the league, any league, And I went, okay, I don't think I would agree with that. There's more of a mystery there with Victor Wan Bayama. We had seen Patrick Ewing play four years, We had seen Shock play three, we had seen John Elway play at Stanford. The unknown, you know, that's where that's what we love, We crave that. Have you seen this guy? And this is why people bought into Sports Illustrated when they did an April Fool's Day article on Sid Finch and he was supposed to be this phenom and he was going to be a picture for the Mets. And he threw like one hundred and forty miles an hour, and you know, he followed the Dali Lama and like all.
Speaker 1: These crazy things.
Speaker 2: But people bought into it, and it was an April Fool's Day article.
Speaker 1: But it's the unknown. Have you heard about this guy?
Speaker 2: Nobody had heard about him, but everybody believed in it. Do I think Victor Wan Bayama can be a great player?
Speaker 1: Yes? Can I Can he be great at both ends? Yes?
Speaker 2: There's so many things that you'll fall in love with. But he's going to block so many shots. That's the one thing that will stand out immediately. You're going to go man, people aren't going to go inside because he's going to get a piece of your shot. That's the one thing he's going to have guaranteed when he starts offensively, that's going to take a little while. Where's his sweet spot? Where is Popovich? How is he going to feature him? Is he going to load him up with minutes? Is he going to ease him in? And Pop doesn't care about you know, hey, let me play to your expectations. Pop is here to develop him. Tim Duncan was ready to play David Robinson, ready to play Victor Wumbayama. Is going to take a couple of years before we get to really see how great he can be. But to have that kind of ball handling skills and the touch that he has, that's the difference between him and Ralph Samson. Ralph could have been more dominating at both ends of the floor, but to have a skilled person at that height at seven four, Ralph Samson had touch, had a little bit of range there. He could run the floor. I always thought that, you know, he should have been the better center between him and a chem but Elijah On had great footwork. He knew what he could do and he mastered it. Whereas Ralph, I don't know if he ever mastered anything. I think he was just seven to four and at Virginia you kept waiting for him to just take over games, dominating, and he had quality seasons when he first started out. But you know, first time I saw him, well, I saw him in college, but I remember being at the Boston Garden when the Rockets played the Celtics in the NBA Finals, and that's when you started to see, Okay, the future of that team is not Ralph Samson, but you're, you know, still trying to figure this out. You gotta have footwork, you got to be able to have touch, You got to be able to pass. That feels like that's what the big man is being asked to do nowadays. You don't have to be a brute, you don't have to have you know, win with force. Even though the Joker wins with force, he also wins with touch. And I think Victor won bayamam. Can he be that kind of player? No?
Speaker 1: Can he be different and be better? Sure? But I think the expectation level is the unknown there.
Speaker 2: If he had played at Duke, we wouldn't have these expectations. But the fact, you know, in fact, he played in the French League. You're like, man, have you seen this guy? And I did this on the show. I told you when he was coming to the United States. I said, you know, get a load of the future. He's coming in and people hadn't really heard of him or they hadn't seen him, and here he is. Do I think he is going to be an impactful player. I think he'll have moments his first couple of years. I don't know if he's going to have one of those nights where he puts up forty, you know, twenty and blocks ten shots. Does he have that potential? Certainly, that athleticism, it's rare to find that in anybody, let alone somebody at that hype.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could better be one of those guys who's great, are very good in every category. Because he seems very versatile. He could as a rookie average eighteen seven and five and a couple of blocks and a couple steals and you're like, oh, well, that wasn't that great because it's not twenty five points per game. But he's very good everywhere.
Speaker 2: But you've had people analysts who have said if he plays like if he's as a Kevin Durant career or a chem Elijah On career, it'll be a disappointment. And I went, if you said he can be a Keem Elijah On and I'm a Spur fan, I'll.
Speaker 1: Go, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I'll take it because I think he's underrated. I love a keem Elaijahan. If you said he can be Kevin Durant, sign me up. So this is where it gets crazy. But he's in the right market with the right coach, and that'll help him because you know the expectation level will be on the outside. It'll be up to Greg Popovich to cancel that noise. You know he needs noise canceling headphones where he's just able to play, and you know the expectation level will be what he has, not what we have. And that's the way I would approach it. Learn the game, understand the game, play the game the way Tim Duncan did. And if you do that, you're going to be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Smart unrelated, but kind of speaking of hype, you forget Amani Bateses in this draft. Remember him, he's supposed to be a projected second round pick. He's on a cover of Sports Illustrated after his sophomore year.
Speaker 2: I remember when he was going into high school. His freshman year in high school, It's like, this guy is the best player in his state already. I went, okay, and then I thought he was going to Michigan State ends up at Eastern Michigan and maybe he makes a roster. Here a couple of phone calls, Uh, Jeremiah in La, Hey Jeremiah.
Speaker 10: Hey Dan, how's it going? But today is the Summer Solstice, So I came up with five Summer Solstice sports related names.
Speaker 2: Oh oh man, you can't spring this on Fritzy.
Speaker 4: Pressure is on?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 10: Well, Summer Solstice is like the longest day of the year, so that's kind of like Fritzy's five minutes stand up.
Speaker 1: So wow, that was a shot. That was a shot, Okay.
Speaker 10: So I have rafa Al Sun Doll Okay, like sundial Rrian Talonder Maddis. This is a very niche Mark.
Speaker 5: Tough talking on that trash walking in yeah yeah, dojo, Jeremiah.
Speaker 2: You can't walk into Fritzy's dojo and then get planting on your rear end.
Speaker 10: Come on, Rich, don't stare directly at the eclipse with your eyes. Son that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: No, no, I judge, that's good.
Speaker 2: Not you, Jeremiah, come on here, we got Pagan Stoyakovic.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, you need to use some research.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 5: The problem is we don't get what the solstice is like. Oh I wasn't aware that. You know, June twenty first was the longest day of the year. Is there also one in winter?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jeremiah Fritzi. You don't need to respond. You're good. I got your back, man, you don't need Sonny Jergenson. No, no, no, no, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: Hugh mid Green, Hugh Green, Hugh mid Green.
Speaker 4: Dave just solstice, Dave just sotice see that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: You would have done better by not saying anything. I lost.
Speaker 4: Damn shut up, son though.
Speaker 1: No, that's not good. That's obvious. Sonny six killer oh Man Hello?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, all right.
Speaker 2: Orlovsky's going to join us. A few things talk to him about, including, uh, the next stop for Dalvin Cook.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm fixated on.
Speaker 2: Maybe the cowboys here, so we'll talk to Orlovsky about that coming up. We're taking a break here. We're back after this Dan Patrick show. Get Refunds dot Com. That's exactly what it is. That's exactly what they do. They get refunds and thanks to Innovation Refunds, they have completed over seventeen thousand returns for a lot of businesses construction, retail, restaurants, bars, hotels, and Innovation Refunds started Get Refunds dot Com. If you have a small business and you started filing for the ERC tax refund and you got stuck halfway, it's understandable. The process can be complicated, but you need to have somebody who can help you navigate the process. Innovation Refunds came to the rescue. Get Refunds dot Com is where you start. You start the process, going to take you about eight minutes or less to find out if you qualify receiving money for your business. No upfront charge. They don't get paid unless you get paid. Innovation Refunds has already helped clients claim over five billion dollars in payroll tax refunds through the ERC, and they might be able to help your business as well. Go to get refunds dot com. Get refunds dot com, or download the app from the app store today Get refunds dot com.
Speaker 1: Good luck.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock app. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America and the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: What do you want to tell me about this summer solstice? Huh?
Speaker 4: The summer solstice the two months during the year, and the path is the sun in the sky is farthest north in the northern hemisphere or farthest south in the southern hemisphere. And there's some interesting information about the rays of the sun and how it affects long time.
Speaker 1: But you act like you knew this. You looked it up.
Speaker 4: I did look it up. I had a journal idea what it was, but I wanted the more scientific definition of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I don't want any more nicknames attached to summer.
Speaker 4: Solstice like Jennifer capric Cornotti.
Speaker 1: Yes, ye, no, I knew we were going to go down this road, and we don't need to.
Speaker 4: Not even Jack Hemisphere, you loved him on the Steelers.
Speaker 1: It's terrible Jack Hemisphere. It's Jack Hammers, Jack Hamiser, Mark Heaton. No, no, no, no, no, don't see. This is where it's bad.
Speaker 2: You give me names out of the seventies and eighties and it's tired Jason Daylight.
Speaker 4: That's current Conflien.
Speaker 2: The NFL is redoubling its efforts to reinforce the league gambling policy to players in the wake of a rash of recent violations. So I guess they put out a pamphlet or like a gambling policy that they handed out to all of their players. Here are the key rules of gambling with players in the NFL. Number one, don't bet on the NFL wowing good thing. They told us that. Don't gamble at your team's facility. I guess go outside and then gamble. Don't have somebody bet for you. Don't share team inside information. Don't enter a sportsbook during the NFL playing season. Don't play daily fantasy football. Do you really need to put this out? I'm guessing that they put this out and then they're just reemphasizing I'm going to go back to what I said a while ago. The NFL brought in Peyton Manning and maybe Tom Brady to talk about the evils of gambling while being fully in bed with gambling as a league. But I would have had Calvin Ridley, you know, whether it's by zoom or in person, and talk to the players. Hey, I did this. I bet this amount of money. I got suspended for a year. It cost me eleven million dollars. You know what, that's an example, and I can this is just language in a pamphlet. That's a guy who actually lost money. I don't need an HR pamphlet. That guy right in front of me, that guy lost eleven million dollars because he did this. Now, nobody thinks they're going to get caught. You don't gamble and you go, man, I might get caught. You gamble because you don't think you're going to get caught or oh this is you know, this is nothing. I'm only betting, you know, fifteen hundred dollars. That's what Calvin Ridley did and it's not the total. The act is the reason why he got suspended, and he lost eleven million dollars. But they put out a pamphlet and of course number one is don't bet on the NFL message sent loud and clear. Dan Orlovsky of the Mothership joining us on the program, let me start with that. You know, the NFL is trying to reach out to its players, but is there a better way to go about telling them about the evils of gambling.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I honestly thought Dan, that the Calvin Ridley suspension would have pretty big impact. You know, for to lose a season, to lose the amount of money that he did, and the prime of his career. I thought that would kind of make people take a step back, and what am I really doing?
Speaker 11: It's I think it's really hard for the NFL to.
Speaker 6: Get everybody to have no interaction with gambling. When the NFL, as an organization or a product, has a tremendous impact or a tremendous interaction with gambling. So how do they get it better? I think it's almost impossible. Candidly, with with the with the access that we have to gambling, how easy.
Speaker 2: It is, and nobody thinks they're going to get caught. But I would have had Calvin Ridley front and center and said, Hey, part of your rehab in coming back to the NFL is you talk to the rookies at this symposium and tell them that you lost eleven million dollars by betting, you know, fifteen hundred dollars. That's how quickly it can happen and go away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think that that would be the one moment because the NFL, we would have people come speak to us, not even when we were rookies, annually about all of that stuff about injuries and you know what happens if you get injured, how you can you can get player compensation, or in so many different different avenues. We would have people come talk to us and remind us about the money that we can make, or the money that we're potentially older. What should we do with the four oh one k and what you so? And I don't know if they did that stuff with the gambling. I've been out of it for a couple of years now, so I don't know. But having Calvin sit there and be like, guys, eleven million dollars, that's more than ninety nine percent of you guys are gonna make in your career.
Speaker 11: I lost it in one year. So there's got to be.
Speaker 6: A better way for them to do it and for to get the players to really grasp the magnitude of it. But I just think it's impossible to think you're gonna get to every single one.
Speaker 2: What's the number one topic story here in the off season with the NFL?
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably probably still the Jets and Aaron Rodgers and are they as good as they should be? You know, I think that you know, Aaron going to the Jets immediately vaults them into the conversation with the Kansas City Chiefs. And I don't know if we've really appreciated how big a deal that is. We're talking about a team that's gone to the AFC title Game five years in a row. We're talking they are a pseudo dynasty. Maybe they're not the New England Patriots for twenty years dynasty. And to think that one forty year old quarterback coming to a team immediately puts that team there with the one that's gone to five AFC title games.
Speaker 11: That's a really big deal.
Speaker 1: But do you believe that accurate? Do you believe that?
Speaker 2: Oh? So you believe the Jets are right there on the same level with the Chiefs.
Speaker 11: I think they are.
Speaker 6: I think the Buffalo Bills are obviously the off the field stuff that Buffalo is handling that's got to get handled.
Speaker 11: The Bengals are.
Speaker 6: You know, we got to see their young secondary and I'd say the second thing is Jordan Love. I mean, I think they're attached. You know, how good is Jordan Love? How good is and Love going to be? Because the funny thing Dan is we only talk about in the NFC. We talk about Philly and San Francisco. Right now, we'll sprinkle in Detroit, will sprinkle in Seattle. What happens if Jordan Love's really good, Well you go to the NFC title game too. Out of the last four years in Green Bay, that's still a really talented football team.
Speaker 11: But if Jordan Love's really good, they're right there.
Speaker 1: Well you would put Dallas in there as well, wouldn't you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No doubt, absolutely Dallas a good football team. I don't I think like the most important person Dallas's season, in my eyes, comes down to two people.
Speaker 11: Obviously the quarterback.
Speaker 6: I didn't need to tell anybody that Mazzie Smith their first round draft pick. If Dallas can't get better at stopping the run on early downs, it doesn't matter how good Michael Parsons is at rushing the passer. It doesn't matter how good DeMarcus Lawrence is at rushing the passer, because they won't get into those sits situations consistently enough for it to matter. You've got to stop Philly and San Francisco. Both of them excel at running the football.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Dan Orlovski, ESPN football analyst. I was wondering about Tom Brady's role with the Raiders. Why would you buy in or become a minority owner, be part of the process, but not really be part of the process. He said that he's not going to be involved or that involved. He's so competitive. How does Brady be involved but not you know, hands on day to day?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's going to be really difficult for him to transition to, you know, just being a person sitting on the back burner. Knowing what he's accomplished in his career. There's probably no better world to be in than professional sports ownership. Right now across any league, you know, it's just blowing up. So that's probably the genesis of why he got into it. Why would you not also want Tom involved? Tom has seen an experience and accomplished every thing in that world, So why would you not. I think it'll be very difficult for him to just sit back and watch a franchise make this decision and him go, I wouldn't have done that and or do these things or invest into this and be like no, no, no, we're doing it the wrong way. So now he's he's got attachments to the head coach, he's got attachments to the general manager. So maybe he will be a little bit more involved in publicly declaring.
Speaker 11: But I would want Tom involved.
Speaker 2: But could you imagine he walks by a film session or he walks out on the field and he becomes the best quarterback in camp just by walking walking past Jimmy Garoppolo.
Speaker 11: It's like yeah, and just the frustration, the frustration of being like, how can you and not hit that pass? Or how did you not see that?
Speaker 6: Or absolutely or watching DeVante run wide open and him, you know, check the ball down to a tailback.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Dalvin Cook DeAndre Hopkins is is that going to be a package deal?
Speaker 6: Depends on where you know, Like, I don't see it, because I think both of those guys have better places for them to go than where they could go together. Like I do think I've said this if I was Dallas, why would you not call Dalvin Cook, Well, you're going into a season where you're leading tailback just broke his leg. Right now, we're six months ago he broke his leg, and we can sit here in forecast that three or four months he still broke his leg last year, okay, in a pretty bad way.
Speaker 11: You're a team that's won twelve games last two years.
Speaker 6: Why would you not have a better kind of plan b So, I think Dalvin to Miami makes a lot of sense, But then you know, Hop doesn't make a lot of sense in Miami. He doesn't necessarily fit what they want to do either schematically when it comes to kind of like the version of receiver that they have. If I was Hop, New England makes a ton of sense, Baltimore makes a ton of sense, but those don't make a ton of sense for Dalvin Cook. So I just don't think. I don't see the ideal situation where both of those guys go together. I also don't see how that makes financial sense.
Speaker 11: For either of them.
Speaker 2: I was also wondering about it if they did go to the same team, what's the best running back wide receiver combination in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Right now, good.
Speaker 6: Question, best running back, Well, it would be Josh Jacobs and DeVante Adams. That's the best tailback wide receiver combo in the NFL.
Speaker 2: What if I put Christian McCaffrey, Devo Samuel.
Speaker 11: Right up there. You know.
Speaker 6: The thing that would make those guys a little bit different is DeVos not as good as nor use the same way as Davante and Christians used just differently than Josh. Josh is a traditional pound the rock tailback. We know McCaffrey's just get the ball in his hand type of player. But they're right up there. I think those guys would be kind of one A one B. You know Tennessee with Derek, they don't have a legit number one yet to kind of put them into that conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Dalvin Cook and Justin Jefferson might have been that top combo if they were still in Minnesota.
Speaker 6: Totally, totally, they would be right right into that. They would be right up there with Davonte and Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 2: And I wonder, is Justin Jefferson going to be the highest non quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Yes, you have to look at I have actually said this to Ryan Clark multiple times, like for eighteen months, I've been how does Minnesota keep them? You know, like, how does Minnesota keep them without paying him every single penny that he wants. He's a superstar wide receiver, He's as talented as we have in the NFL.
Speaker 11: He continues to put.
Speaker 6: Up numbers he could very easily be in a different Minnesota is an awesome place, but there's a there's other cities that.
Speaker 11: Are desirable for players to live in.
Speaker 6: And if you're justin and you continue to put up these numbers, you're gonna have outrageous leverage of I don't want to Maybe I don't want to live in Minnesota anymore. I don't want to play in this with this quarterback anymore, you know?
Speaker 11: So I think he will.
Speaker 6: He will be the highest paid non quarterback absolutely, especially in a past league.
Speaker 2: Uh, if you were Buffalo, would you have a retractable roof for a dome stadium?
Speaker 11: I think so?
Speaker 6: I think Buffalo because of who my quarterback is. I think that they are losing in advantage by not allowing weather to play its part, but also allowing weather to play too much of a part. You know what I'm saying, like you, because Josh's arm go back to the New England game of two years ago.
Speaker 11: He has a distinct advantage that you want.
Speaker 6: Whether to play a little bit of a factor because it doesn't impact him that much.
Speaker 11: But you also don't want.
Speaker 6: Him or your team to be so hindered by having to play in you know, two feet of snow type of thing, because then that becomes you're not playing to your strength. So Josh is better. Every quarterback is better playing inside. It's easier. But I would have the option if I was Buffalo of let's leave it open and play to our vantage. Let's play, let's have it closed and make sure that we're at least on an even playing field.
Speaker 1: Good to talk to you so always, Dan, Thanks for joining.
Speaker 2: Us, Thanks Bud, Good to see you, Dan Lrofski of the mother Ship. You can catch Dan on NFL Live weekdays at for Eastern Spencer in Texas. Before we take a break, Hey Spence, what's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes I can't.
Speaker 9: Spence, So I had met.
Speaker 12: I've heard you say that you well, I guess when they were talking about the Dallas Cowboys and you had mentioned that you know we had lost a great running back and if we should go for Dalvin Cook.
Speaker 13: Yes, I think we should go for Dalvin Cook. But I do think it's a stretch calling Zeke great. His last two and a half seasons to me were mediocre at best, kind of like a third down back, you know, three yards to go. However, I'm curious to see what you think about Tony Pollard moving into the starting position.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I love Tony Pollard.
Speaker 2: If you've listened to the show, you know I'm not a Zeke Elliott fan. I never would assign him to that second contract. Never, But if you can get him to come back, because Pollard's coming back from a broken leg, I don't know how healthy he's going to be. And would I rather have an insurance policy like Dalvin Cook or a two headed monster Dalvin Cook and Tony Pollard. And you have a head coach who has said publicly he wants to run the ball more. Why not bring in Dalvin Cook and having Pollard there, then there's you know, no pressure on Pollard to get back sooner. And I could still now he might want more carries and be the featured back. I understand that but you're running a business here, and if I can get Dalvin Cook and he's not going to cost me, you know, maybe it's a three year deal, maybe it's you know, twenty seven million dollars total or something like that. That's the guy who gets a thousand yards catch the ball, and he's a really good player, incentivizing. But if you get to twelve hundred yards or x number of catches, that's what I would do.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: He turned down an opportunity to play for the Cowboys. They want to run the ball. Absolutely. All right, We'll take a break. More phone calls coming up. Our good buddy Joey Vado from the Reds will join us next hour.
Speaker 1: Back after this.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 14: This is Steve Covino and Rich Davis, and together we are Covino and Rich Cavino and Mitch. Thanks, buddy, that's right, Cavino on Rich Fox Sports Radio's newest hit show. Heard weekdays from five to seven Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Every Coveno in Rich show is available as a podcast. Just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe of such a rockin dude. The show features our unique take on sports, injected with some fun, humor and relatability. Listen to Covino on Rich five days a week on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 9: And Rich give me a hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Clayton Kershawn pitched seven shutout innings. Dodgers scored twice in the eight beat the Angels, so Kershaw's thrown twenty two consecutive scoreless innings at Angels Stadium. He's won six straight starts dating back to twenty fifteen. There also, I was watching the Yankees with Garrett Cole. I'll go back to when he was with the Pirates. I remember coming in and saying, I don't know how good this guy is, but I loved watching him pitch. He reminded me of Max Schurzer, where they just pound the strike zone. They're just it's not gimmicky. They just pound the strike zone. Garrett Cole ended the Yankees four game losing streak, beat the Mayor News three to one. The Yanks are seven and oh when he pitches after a loss, and he's four and oh with a one point eighty seven ERA in those games.
Speaker 1: That is your stat of the day.
Speaker 11: How Stall of.
Speaker 6: A day, stat of a day, Steat of to day, Statuta day.
Speaker 1: This is the Stele of the Day.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day, brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show, Shawn and Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Hey Sean, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Thanks for taking my call, Dan, first time, long time six foot a swimming down two fifty all right, thank you. I know you had to relinquish your fandom, and I certainly can respect that as a broadcaster or as a journalist. But I was at the game in Cincinnati last night, and that is an energy that is now in that stadium that we have not felt in Cincinnati in a very long time. And I think between the young talent Joe Evado coming back, it is just a totally different energy. So we'd love for you to make it back for a game sometime and feel that energy that you probably felt growing up in beautiful Mason, Ohio.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you, Sean. Yeah, the Reds. They won ten in a row.
Speaker 2: That match is the longest winning streak in franchise history back in nineteen fifty seven. And then I won twelve straight back then. Now, I was lucky. I grew up in a baseball town, in the Big Red Machine, best team in baseball. You had Hall of famers at virtually every position. I was very, very lucky be able to go to those games. I went to Crosley Field, then they went to Riverfront and there's a there's an energy there. But I don't know, And I want to ask Joey Vado this. They lost one hundred games last year. They were sixty two and one hundred. I know they got an influx of young talent there. They have turned it around quickly. And Joey will join us coming up next tour. Johnny and Pittsburgh.
Speaker 9: Hey Johnny, Hey Dan and Dan.
Speaker 15: That's a broad six four sixty So best Eve Christmas Eve because I was born on Christmas Eve, much to my mom's Sugarn also won the weigh in One Man's Heroes, Another Man Zero. These talking about the Reds, and obviously they've taken the lead due to the Pirates losing streak. But here's a question for you. I have many Canadian friends and they all hold up to this I'm called cliche. Is Joey Varo. Joey Vardo done more than any animor Canadian athlete to perpetuate the myths or reality the Canadians are the nicest people in the world.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Wayne Gretzky.
Speaker 2: I'd say Wayne because he's called the great One, one of the greatest team sport athletes in history, and he's one of the nicest people. When you're round Wayne, there's no ego. You don't realize that that's the great one. When I first met him and I just.
Speaker 1: Thought, God, that guy is the great one.
Speaker 2: And then you watch him play and you go, there's certain guys that you just there are certain athletes you'd go, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: If if there was supposed to be a definition, there might not be a definition. Messi and Gretzky are very similar in my mind because they don't dazzle you with oh my god, that guy's so big or so faster, so strong. They just have this inate ability to understand the game, and it's God given. They know what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and they're always going to be a step ahead of you. And that that is always what fascinated me about Messi and certainly Gretzky.
Speaker 1: I think they're very, very similar.
Speaker 2: Oh, Ryan, and Honolulu is joining us on the program.
Speaker 1: Hey Ryan, Hey.
Speaker 16: Ry, It's going to be a long day for that guy with the summer solistice names.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, Ryan.
Speaker 16: I thought I'd let that land for you. Dan, I'd go into an Adam.
Speaker 1: Women aren't that innocent.
Speaker 2: I'd say it even Okay, all right, Okay, we're rallying here we go, Come on now.
Speaker 1: Sakra blu.
Speaker 16: As they say, mister Victor Wanbayama nicknamed yesterday when Byama prejicted to go to Santa Tonio, Right.
Speaker 1: Dan, Yes, Ryan, Well to the Victor go the spurs.
Speaker 16: Okay, it's the nicknames for you, ye, Victor difference.
Speaker 9: Hi, Right?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 16: What about the wembay Mutumbo Okay, I got I got the Eiffel vic Tower. You guys kind of use that, Yeah, yeah, what about if he's got a jumper the Arctic Triumph? Okay, lastly, Dan, Okay, how about this is the winner? This is the one we got to call him the sleeping Lion, the sleeping lion. Awm bay my wembay am a wembay my wembay my wembay my wembey play me off, Dan, Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you Roy. By the way, speaking of.
Speaker 2: There is ah, there's a line in john Wick four where Keanu Reeves says, suck bribe Bureau. And I said, oh wait, why that's where they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Have this duel suck And I thought, okay, so.
Speaker 2: I don't want to spoil anything for john Wick four. I'm just letting you know, be ready when John Wick says suck, right bluh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I tried to watch john Wick four last night. My wife knows nothing about it. I go, have you seen any of these movies? He goes, No, it's Keanu Reeves. When we started watching it, I don't think she was ready for what was happening.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's a lot that goes on, yeah, real fast. Yeah, yep, there's a lot that goes on, very very stylized.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's.
Speaker 2: Good, but it's a fast paced. It's almost it's like two hours and forty five minutes. I think suck great blue, wonderful, wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Chapter four, John Wick, I'm saving it. Are you for what? Yeah? I don't know, a plane trip or something. Maybe a plane trip. All right.
Speaker 2: More phone calls coming up. We'll talk to Joey Boto, Joey Bodo suck Bato, Red's first baseman. More phone calls coming up as well. We're back after this final hour in this Wednesday