Speaker 1: What's that at the bed? It's spooky, Hey jooky. I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, Hell, I'm ghosted. I gosdays.
Speaker 2: Please, hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it. I don't know why it's taken us so long, but we at last have Cameron Esposito on the show. Cameron Esposito, hilarious comedian actor. My mom's obsessed with the TV show A Million Little Things. Cameron was on that and tours around the country. So go see Cameron and we'll get into that in just a moment. Have you been watching my new my new videos I've been posting on YouTube. I will say it's, you know, it's not a television show. The budget is very very very tiny, so it's, you know, kind of a vlog style show. But nonetheless it's me ghost hunting and I'm spending a lot of time doing it and I'm loving every second of it. So as long as you're watching, I will continue doing them. And that is just called Roz Hernandez. The Haunted Doll on YouTube. Also, before we get to the episode, I just wanted to tell you that I am doing Ghosted Live on stage in San Francisco on the twenty seventh of October and La at Largo on the thirtieth, that's the night before Halloween. You gotta go if you're in the Los Angeles area. And then I won't be doing Ghosted Live again until December. December thirteenth in Seattle. I'm also doing stand up in Seattle that night, two shows in one night. And I'm also gonna be in Raleigh next month at good Night's Comedy Club doing just stand up about living people, not ghosts. And that is November seventh. Okay, let's get to the conversation with me and Cameron es Pasito and with this show. Oh my god, it's Cameron as Posito.
Speaker 3: Hi Ross, how are you today?
Speaker 1: I am very well, Thank you. I had to think about it for a second because I have to. You know, I'm come gotta be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: All about the word truth teller.
Speaker 3: Man. You know, I've never met a less honest person than a stand up comic than me. No, not, You seem perfectly honest, I know. And the pantheon of stand ups you're on the there's.
Speaker 1: So much of earlier today. I was on this date. Oh really, because six months ago you told that same joke earlier today.
Speaker 3: That's a lie. The entire premise of stand up comedy is a lie. Look how vulnerable I'm being well, perfectly lit and I can kick you out, and you've paid to be here.
Speaker 1: So you're not allowed to talk.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly. This is the least vulnerable situation any human being could be in, except for like, no, I actually think the President is vulnerable. Apparently, I see.
Speaker 1: I think it is still vulnerable if you it doesn't seem like it when you are a comedian, I think, but because you're so used to just embarrassing yourself so much. But to the average person, the thought of sharing something that they think is funny in front of a room of strangers, that is so vulnerable.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I never even right, right because the taste what you think is funny?
Speaker 1: Yeah is.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: What I watched last night for the first time was half an episode of Love Island with my wife. And the reason I'm bringing that up is because every single contestant remarked upon how funny they were and how good their sense of humor was, And boy was I waiting for any.
Speaker 1: Examples for some good ones.
Speaker 3: Good ones were not launched.
Speaker 1: I you know, I try all different kinds of dating apps, and sometimes I'm in like the straight men looking for just women. I don't know whatever, but whatever their preferences are, I'm showing up. So there's so many of them that love to say I'm funnier than you. That's like their profile.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I've been in some straight situations recently.
Speaker 1: Oh no, this is a horror podcast, but we're not going to get that scared. We're here to talk about ghosts. Yeah, do you believe in them?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: I think I know why? And I think it's a word that starts with the.
Speaker 3: Cameron esposito Noo.
Speaker 1: It's a word that comes up every episode of this podcast. Coffins Catholicism.
Speaker 4: Oh that's why, that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I mean talk about the original ghost in my life, the holy ghost. Well, the holy ghost absolutely, which exists between us right now as it does between all people interacting.
Speaker 1: Aren't you like a philosopher or like, didn't you study.
Speaker 3: The major and I almost I almost became a I tried to become a priest during the pandemic, but I couldn't. I didn't want to finish the degree. I just wanted to take lots of classes for no reason.
Speaker 1: It's so fascinating, though, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is so fascinating. I can't I can't think of anything more interesting than I mean, it's actually the same thing as stand up, right, So stand up is a bunch of people being like, this is what I think life is about. And I'm going to come up with a whole like arc that will tell you what I think life is about. And religion is the same way, and the older the religion is, the more odd things from various time periods have been baked in and then down the line. Like when I first moved to La it was like right after going clear.
Speaker 1: With super oh silent, super popular.
Speaker 3: I would hear people in like a coffee shop, Oh my god, al read going Claire, can you believe what these people believe? And I'm like, yes, I absolutely can. Of course, in Catholicism, there's a miss Stick Saint Saint Teresa, who was a nun, and she would be visited by God and pierced by an arrow in her heart, and she would experience orgasms from her connection to God. And there's a really famous sculpture of her that's called Saint Teresa in Ecstasy. And if you look at this sculpture, she's like her faces, she's she's having an orgasm and then a little angel is holding a arrow that's like piercing her heart. Oh my god, it was very erotic.
Speaker 1: That's kind of hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the god entity was like a physical I mean, what's the difference between that and exorcism? One of them you have to change his sheets, come on, anything on that.
Speaker 1: I take exorcism very seriously.
Speaker 3: On the show, I see, maybe maybe I do know a lot about ghost but it's just from Yeah, it's just from religion.
Speaker 1: I'm saying. Yeah, I believe that the modern world, a lot of what we believe with ghosts, it comes from Catholicism, whether you're Catholic or not, because of like movies and culture and books and whatever. So much of it has to do with like being possessed and then having to have a pre show up. I don't know, just all of those kind of spooky ghosty demons and whatever. I was just watching The Deliverance on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I can't see this book. Don't worry. I have seen clips on TikTok and I'm cures and I'm curious and I read the synopsis. This is how I really fun. She seems real fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not gonna lie. At certain points, I'm like, this feels kind of like a religious propaganda.
Speaker 3: It's possession. Possession is happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the devil. The devil's involved, yes, and so there's only one way to fix that, which is Christianity.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, Well, and I'm sure you've talked about this before, but like even the resurrection story, Jesus' resurrection story he comes is so creepy because not just as he come back, but he goes up to his friends and he says, put your fingers into the holes in my hand, and put your hand into the hole in my side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you fingers in my hole.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, he does say put your fingers in holes, because that's where he was stabbed with a spear in the side, and that's where he was nailed to the cross. Actually not at his hands, it would have been at his wrists, but that's not really.
Speaker 1: They really put their fingers in according to them.
Speaker 3: They they said absolutely.
Speaker 1: And what happened when they put their fingers.
Speaker 3: In went right went right through.
Speaker 1: Weird. He's like, you try, yeah, you try.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's terrifying. I mean, there's stuff baked in all this imagery that is so scary because yes, you can like devolve it and Glenn closes there, but even just like a crucifix is one of the most terrifying things that could possibly exist, because we go to these places and we you know, like celebrate Christmas and sing, but on the wall is somebody who's actively experiencing capital punishment. Like it's only revered because it's not like the modern day equivalent. It's terrifying. And then we put that on a little mini thing and we wear it around our neck necklace.
Speaker 1: I know. I think there's a lot of things with religions, especially older religions, that if you just thought about it as an outsider, or if you just removed what you were taught at such an early age, like it's normal to you, but if you really think about it, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: It is crazy. I mean, God, why have I never put this together? But it's also very it's very traditional ghost like if you think about a sort of a Christmas Carol. Jacob Marley is like carrying the chains that he wove in life by being a miser. That is the same way that in the Catholic Church. I could talk about this for such a long time, so please stop me, and that hurt me. But in the Catholic Church, if you're a martyr, so if like you're murdered for your beliefs, for the rest of time after that, when you're depicted in media, like if you're depicted in a painting or a statue in Catholicism, they have you hold the instrument of your death. It's why Jesus is on the cross. But it's also like, for instance, an Assistine chapel, which people regard as very beautiful. There's I can't remember which saint this is, but he was skinned alive, and so he's holding like a almost like a piece of draped cloth over his arm. But only if you know that martyrs how they died. Would you know that? Like that is like a guy and he's holding his own skin.
Speaker 1: Oh that's skin, it's not draped cloth.
Speaker 3: No, it's like, nice to meet you. Here's how I died. So it's very ghostly very that is a yeah, it's morbid.
Speaker 1: Morbid is very much I feel about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now when I think about you for the past few years, every time I think of you, I think of during the pandemic there was a ghost flying behind you at Dynasty Typewriter.
Speaker 4: That that's real. That's real.
Speaker 1: So tell us tell us what that was.
Speaker 3: You know, during the part of the pandemic where we were all grabbing at straws about what could possibly be a version of our job. I went to Dynasty Typewriter, great local theater in LA and I said, I'd like to teach like a stand up class for you guys, because that's something I had done when I was much younger, and we could do it in like for installments. People could join and there could be like a chat room. They can ask questions and stuff, and I'll teach people how to write their first five minutes of stand up. Because you can't teach somebody how to be a stand up comic, but you can teach them how to write their first five minutes. It's pretty fun, actually, Yeah, And so I think I think we had four installments and maybe on the third. I also thought it would be fun if instead of the camera being on me and behind me was the curtain. If I faced the back of the theater, and behind me in the camera was like an empty theater just to sort of be like, what the pandemic is happening? You know, the drive at home. So there was a darkly lit, completely empty theater behind me.
Speaker 1: And that place, the Hayward Theater has been around for a very.
Speaker 3: Long It's been around for a long time.
Speaker 1: I don't know the exact dates it opened, but it's like a historic theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very creaky. It feels like it's got a creaky vibe.
Speaker 1: And it's a theater, so you can assume there's a ghost in there.
Speaker 3: I didn't previously assume there was a ghost in there.
Speaker 4: Theater.
Speaker 1: Every theater has a ghost in there.
Speaker 3: What definitely did happen because there were also like hundreds of people on this class watching what was going on, and I think the theater was also watching. I can't remember if it was Jamie from the theater who spotted it first, but definitely there's footage. I'm just like talking about stand up or whatever, and behind me is an empty theater and uh, you know what is it like a seemingly a cloud of vapor. That's what it looks like. Wow, moves pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: I happened to have a great research team here and we have the clip. I spoke to Vanessa from Dynasty Typewriter, who gave me permission for us to talk about this and to show the god. To show the clip. Yes, and if you want to see it, of course, just go to ghosted by Roz on Instagram and the clip will be there. Gee, how could you show us the clip? We'll look over here on this TV. Yeah, sure, you got it, thanks jeezz. Okay, Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 3: First of all, it's an old hairstyle. You know what I mean. There's a real time stamp on this. For me, I'm relaxed and wearing all a leather jacket inside for no reason.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here you are talking teacher.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god, it's so much worse than I remember.
Speaker 1: Worse than which way, so as you can see something is floating.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's so much worse than well, I think by worse I mean visible like I think I in my mind it was less extreme. That's pretty extreme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you convinced that that's a ghost?
Speaker 3: Why is it moving like that? If it's not, what else would move like that?
Speaker 1: You know, I'll be honest. When I originally saw this in the Pandemic, I thought that it was floating around in the theater behind you. But you can see that it goes in front of you.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: It does. It flies over your shoulder and no, to the side of the camp hang us. So it's very small. I think the skeptical version of me will say that maybe it's like a little hair, Maybe it's like a little Ostrich feather that fell off of some drag queen's costume hitting the lights, you know, stage lights. But I also would rather believe it's.
Speaker 3: A ghost, what size or ghosts?
Speaker 1: You know, here's the thing. It could be the ghost of old hair.
Speaker 3: It's what it feels, or like kind of it feels. There's a certain like battiness to it. It feels very bat like. Oh and it's like shape and movement, not that it has to flap its wings.
Speaker 1: Who's to say there can't be bat ghosts, which might be like the most halloween gothic thing ever you could be as a bat ghost. But you know, it's interesting that as we see it up close, it's not that big. No, So I wonder where it's starting from. Can we go to the very beginning, like where let's try to figure out where it comes from? See it just like kind of.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing it kind of come over the back of the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it feels like it's almost like it manifests out of the air. I think it's one of your hairs.
Speaker 3: What but why would my hair suddenly break free while I'm not touching it and then move in this pattern. Here's what I'll also say, I for some reason, I never focus on the fact that it passes in front of me, Like I see now that that's what happens. But in my mind because I hadn't picked up on that, it's kind of huge, right, like or like it's much bigger, right because it feels like it's behind. The depth is so much. Yeah, And I feel so shocked to find out that this is a tiny ghost.
Speaker 1: It's a little tiny thing.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy. How originally I was like, there's a giant like Casper the friendly goes flying around behind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does have a very like whoo, yeah with the hands, you know, it feels like that.
Speaker 1: But here's what I'll say, Dynacey typewriter. By the way, if we're going to go with it being haunted, because it's a theater, the vibes are great in that building. It is always good. It's not a spooky place. Don't avoid it because you think it's spooky.
Speaker 3: No, That's why I said creaky, you know, and creaky can really work. Oh, that can feel gritty. It's in the mid yeah, for art and entertainment.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I do know that some employees have reported some some weird phenomena. What what, I don't remember exactly, but I have talked to them before, especially since seeing this clip, being like I need to come in here and investigate, and they're like, yeah, there's some people that work here that think it's haunted.
Speaker 3: So what do you make of that? Ros do you really think it's a hair?
Speaker 1: I personally cannot debunk this. I don't think that I have enough evidence to debunk it, so I'm going to leave it open ended. I personally want to believe it's a ghost.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You've seen ghosts, right, You've had encounters.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember the ones I've seen, Like, did they have Oh, yeah, I saw one that I believe was undeniable. But they can look like so many different things.
Speaker 3: That's the thing I was going to ask if they have a more traditional form.
Speaker 1: There's really no rules, got it? Okay, That's why I like this stuff because there's no there's anybody that says this is how it is, this is what they do, that's what they look like. They don't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fair enough. Well, you know, a lot has happened in the last bunch of years, and I forgot that a ghost of my own hair had floated past.
Speaker 1: And it's a hair.
Speaker 3: No, I don't I think that. If I had to guess, I think number one. You know, it's an old theater. Maybe there's something there. But also like it could be a technology issue. We were just figuring out how to use a sort of a live streaming version of life, so.
Speaker 4: It could be that.
Speaker 3: But I will also it's just as likely to me that that is some sort of a creature that makes no sense. The movement there doesn't make sense to me. Why does it go up like that?
Speaker 1: I could see it doing that because it's a lightweight thing that's just sort of let me rip out a hair real quick. We can see particularly with all those lights hitting something. Okay, I don't want to take the fun.
Speaker 3: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I think it's a ghost. Okay, I need a gavel. We have to get a gavel. I need to that's a ghost.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I thought I could make a gavel noise with my mouth. I know it's incorrect.
Speaker 1: I have another thing for you. This one does not involve you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I'm open to things that don't involve so my favorite.
Speaker 1: But sure, it does involve two women that went hiking together.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: Ah, these two women? Listen, it's set up my business. I don't know if there are a couple. I don't know what they are, but they're they're two very outdoorsy ladies that went on hike together and they took a picture and what they captured is some kind of creature. This actually just happened. This was posted on the Daily Daily Mail.
Speaker 3: Reputable, very good, reputable.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the kind of sores that reports the only kind of news I care about.
Speaker 3: To get their ear to the ground. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If there's a haunted doll cause and havoc, the Daily Mail will have it. Yeah, which I appreciate. I suppose if you want to see this, go to the description of this episode will put the link to the article, and then that way you can just click on it and see what we're talking about. Okay, this is a In their words, Denver based duo Jesse and Camille on August twenty fourth of twenty twenty four, they believe they got a picture of Based on the depth of things, it would be about a twenty feet tall I don't know, naked, skinny humanoid person. That's an unedited photo allegedly.
Speaker 3: Is it word for this cryptides kind of Yeah. I feel like one thing that I like about a picture of something in that category is that they're never that close to something you'd actually see, do you know what I mean. It's not like a guy but a little weird. It's like he's naked, twenty feet tall and a little weird, you know what I'm saying? Like Bigfoot isn't doesn't just feel part of our world. It feels very other, do you know what I mean? But that's how this looks to me. Like if this is a creature that exists that looks like that and is twenty feet tall, A lot of other things have to be different about the world than what you and I think.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know is what this thing is? I don't know, I don't know. But they caught this photo in Colorado. This is who took the photo. This is the two.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well, you know what I will say.
Speaker 3: The thing about Colorado is that all the women look queer, you know what I mean? And a lot of them are. That's statistic I invented, but they all look like they're queer.
Speaker 1: It's a very very most places, honestly, where all the women look like they're queer. That's how I became what I am. Attracted. Two men can't take off crocs and will fight at any moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely. Have you ever had an encounter with like a this kind of a creature, like a big en cryptid?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a twenty foot tall naked man in the woods? Maybe we do that, I mean that for sure.
Speaker 3: But like, besides ghost, this is also a category of belief for you.
Speaker 1: You know, it's part of the paranormal conversation. It is one that I have a hard time with a lot of the time. Uh, these two, I mean it's something like this where you're like, I don't know why you would fake this now now the one is a graphic designer, which kind of makes me like, okay, you could do cool things with photos. I did find them both on Instagram. They are not following you or me literally what I checked, But I don't see. They're very outdoorsy, lots of this kind of stuff, got it, But I don't see why they would fake it. So if that's real, then, oh my god.
Speaker 3: To me, I feel like those photos are maybe not faked, but like it's it's a bit of a hair in the wind situation. They've caught something that isn't really what's going on the.
Speaker 1: Hair in the theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I mean. Yeah, but you know what I do believe, and it's in this category, but it's just a little different. Are things that live in the sea that like on land. I feel like we have probably solved a lot of that. But in the sea, for sure, dinos and stuff, and up in the sky. Up in the sky, you mean, on the other side of the atmosphere, like in the universe.
Speaker 1: Way out there? What is that There's almost.
Speaker 3: No differentiation between way out there and way under the sea. That's the same place, I'm sure it's gotta be for sure.
Speaker 1: But do you think we know everything that's on this planet terrestrial? Yes? But here's okay to go back to your question when you ask me what I think of this kind of stuff, I think that if it exists, it's the kind of thing that is magical and mystical and sometimes can appear and sometimes can disappear.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that helps, because I think that's my one of my biggest I think it's more an omnipresent, undiscovered creature zone. And that's why I think that the water is full of those right totally, which isn't really I guess a monster who knows what.
Speaker 1: They can do, who knows like, we don't know anything, No, we don't know anything. Oh it's fun.
Speaker 3: Tallest man you've ever seen?
Speaker 1: Do you have an answer?
Speaker 3: It doesn't be like probably in the sevens, you know. Oh yeah, so they're still quite a differential.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true. I forgot about the fact that this guy is twenty feet tall. Yeah, that's it's a pretty tall guy.
Speaker 3: He's a pretty big dude.
Speaker 1: He's also naked, No wonder he doesn't many clothes. Well, yeah, where's he gonna show that stuff? Where you're gonna get clothes from you can't do it if you're twenty feet tall. Yeah, I guess that does make sense that he's naked.
Speaker 3: But why is he so pale if he's that tall? Isn't he sometimes above the tree line? How taller trees?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I could be wrong. These are some questions I have for Camille and the other one.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think this guy has it right. Just get naked, go out in the mountains.
Speaker 3: The darkness of the mountains, in the forest. Yeah, I'm not In the Daily Mail piece, is it set up where they're like they were just taking a picture of each other and then in the background they saw this or did they think they saw something and then take a picture of it.
Speaker 1: No, they took a picture of it. They were showing people the photos, and since the one is a graphic designer, she has a plasma screen TV that they were like looking on. And then I believe they zoomed in after noticing an odd white coloration on the side of the crag. Camille's dad said, what the hell? That thing is at least twenty feet or so, and Camille was like, should we call the rangers?
Speaker 4: Oh? My God, I love this recreation.
Speaker 1: We were all like, what the hell is that it should be? Or no, it could be a rock, the other one said, But it has all the features of something that is human. We are open to interpretations, said the one, adding that they posted the pictures on the Facebook group for Colorado hikers and dozens of commenters were disturbed by this phenomenon.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's how you know people are from Colorado. Because the dad was like, that thing's got to be at least twenty foot tall. Just knew the height of things in the back round, any of that kind of stuff. I couldn't if you show me a picture, I wouldn't be able to guesstimate. No, the height in the deep background.
Speaker 1: It was so far away. It couldn't really do anything to us. I like to think it was an alien. The anatomy is so human, like it's freaky as how.
Speaker 3: Wait can I see that again? I want to I'm curious about the alien of it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely an alien that they forgot right. They came down and left one and they basically did home alone with this alien. I think the family left in a mountain in Colorado.
Speaker 3: And it seemed to have like a curvature in the spine right, like I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: This, can't they're like the feet or the back? Oh?
Speaker 3: Like it could be the front and it's like raising its leg to step forward. Maybe I don't know. Okay, do you want to know my dad's theory about aliens? Yes, okay, this is my dad's theory about aliens. When he was growing up, the tail lights on cars they were square or rectangular, and over time car tail lights have become much more like oval and he believes that aliens are here. They're undergrounds. This is why they have such big eyes. They don't have a lot of light because they're underground, and they infiltrated the car industry to change the shape of tail lights. Because we are relaxed in our cars, and as we drive and the tail lights go off at night, we're being gently. We are gently acclimatizing to the idea of what the alien's eyes are shaped like.
Speaker 1: Is he the type that has a lot of these kinds of theories and stuff. No, okay, No.
Speaker 3: He's a very logical guy. He's not usually going on a deep dive. This is his one pretty specific theory that he has developed. Himself. He didn't read this somewhere, but he'll talk to you about it if you you know, if you ever want me to touch I'm opening. He's got a lot to say.
Speaker 1: I find that fascinating. Why not. Yeah, it's a good idea until we know for sure, you know, it could be any of these things.
Speaker 3: I mean, if they did do that, it's what.
Speaker 1: Do you think of aliens?
Speaker 3: Well, aliens are my like, I don't like ghosts, not into that. I'm super interesting.
Speaker 1: Say, glad I invited you on my podcast Go.
Speaker 3: No, what I mean is I find them scary. Okay, I don't want them in my house, but aliens, because I think there's two types of people, people who think like go are scary and people who think aliens are scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you see what I mean.
Speaker 3: There's a real dividing line.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And I think ghosts are too scary. Donly ghosts aliens into interested would chase you know? Okay, but I listen to you talk about ghosts and I'll be scary.
Speaker 1: Is ghosts so scary?
Speaker 3: And honestly could be movies?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: So aliens there's a lot of like really tough bronze who have put aliens in their place over time, right, I mean Sigourney Weaver, God bless, she saved us all multiple times.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In terms of ghosts, the people who are fighting ghosts, maybe I don't have a lot in common with Like I'm not.
Speaker 1: A priest, you could have been.
Speaker 3: You don't see a lot of like butch women or like non binary folks chasing down ghosts. In media, there's a lot of like like jacked mask identified people that are like holding an alien gun and chasing aliens. But maybe that's what it is. Maybe I feel around ghosts defenseless. I could punch an alien in the face, but if I punch the ghost of Jesus, my hand's gonna go right through.
Speaker 1: My latest thing with ghosts because I have been hunting them, how's it going. I have always been scared of them too, and lately and I still get very scared. And I don't follow this rule. But I tell myself, I got skin, I got bones, Okay, I got a body, and there was some invisible is that you're supposed to scare me? And I also like to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially if we go with the theory that they were humans, just like us and now they're ghosts. Where I'm like, you probably don't know how ghosts work, Like you probably know more than me, Like I'm talking to a ghost. You probably know more about the experience of being ghost than me. I'll get be that. However, do you know what will happen if I like this concoction right here that I say gets rid of ghosts? Do you know? Because I can tell you right now, it'll make you disappear like they don't see. I like that I threatened ghosts. I'm just gonna say I threaten them a lot if they started scaring me where I'm like, I will make you leave.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you some questions about this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How what do you think is the process from human to ghost? Do you think? I guess what I'm saying is like, do you think it's something where you die you know you're going to become a ghost, or do you think it's just you are suddenly a ghost, Like you're not even aware of your death, You're suddenly a ghost.
Speaker 1: Yeah? I know. Unfortunately I don't think we know. But it seems that there's a lot of reasons why people become ghosts. I think that when you die peacefully, and you've accepted that you're dying, you have more free will of what happens to you in the afterlife. Like I think that you're able to you come back and say hi to your loved ones if you want to, or just be peaceful and never bother anyone again. But I think when it's like bam, you're dad, or like you died and you still never got over that audition you didn't book or whatever it is, then you're still stuck around and you don't have a choice.
Speaker 3: You're talking about kind of an unfinished business situation, of course. Yeah, yeah, maybe that's our biggest fear as humans, not like death per.
Speaker 1: Se, but what happens next?
Speaker 3: Well, what happens next? And also like what if I'm nothing? Right because on this unfinished business kind of means your life didn't come to what you hope it would have come to, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's like all I ever wanted was to float around a comedy class, so I never got to do it.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the what is this called? Maybe you've talked about this before in like the Victorian era, Yeah, when women were really bored and maybe some men.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think of it as I've seen it depicted with women and.
Speaker 1: There probably some gay guys there, yeah, sure.
Speaker 4: And they would have like salons where there was somebody who could like in quotes, communicate with hell yeah, with you know, the other side, and then they would like do a trick of lighting and a curtain and convinced the room that like somebody had entered the room. But it was like an actual racket where it would be like their friend.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they had all kinds of tricks, and you know, I think a lot of it was staged. It gave those people a lot of hope though at that time. But and who's to say that. Maybe they started, you know, they start with the Shenanigans and then it turns real. I don't know, but okay, wait, don't you know Tipper, Tipper Newton, Yeah, I do know Tipper, my really close friend. The two of us one time went to like a recreation of like a Victorian seance.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, and this man was he was.
Speaker 1: He told us off the bat, like this is like how they would do this, and like I'm not going to tell you how I'm doing these tricks or whatever. He's like, and who knows, maybe there could be some real stuff. This guy is making bells like go off on the table around us, and we're like that one had to be real, Like we're kind of like, okay, I think I know how he did that one. But then there were somewhere it was like how we could see we're looking at his hands. How did he do that? So we came to the conclusion that he must have had some kind of button in his butt cheeks and that's the only way he could have done it, unless maybe his feet.
Speaker 3: But what was the setting?
Speaker 1: It was at a place that was allegedly haunted.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, spiritualism, that's what this is called totally yeah, yeah, so heyere is that a place that was allegedly haunted? Was it like in a closed room like we're like, we're and were you like sitting around a circular table? I'm imagining the stuff that. Okay, how many people were there?
Speaker 1: M less than ten? Between five and ten?
Speaker 3: Maybe was it like dimly lip?
Speaker 1: Yes, it was the full Shenan again, Okay, but I don't know. Maybe he had something in his toes, maybe he had it on a timer, Maybe he had somebody in a car that was like doing that. We don't know, but it was good.
Speaker 3: Wow. I mean it's you know, I have some friends that were like magicians, and I feel like.
Speaker 1: He, yeah, like he, I think that was part of it. Yeah, because I always think a magician doing that kind of stuff, Especially if you're from a time when you didn't have TV and you weren't your brain wasn't polluted by everything and CGI and whatever. You would be like, how the fuck is he making that lady flow? That is the devil?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of can I show you a haunted doll?
Speaker 3: You can? It's gonna be a picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a picture. It's time for the dolls are living. So we have a segment on the show where I go to eBay dot com I type in the words haunted doll, and pretty much every week we feature the haunted doll of the week. This time for fifteen dollars, we have Terra Geeha show us Tara please you got it ros. This is Terra, also known as the ras Hernandez official merch dolls. She has my hairstyle. She's got like a dark brown black colored hair with bangs, a little bit mushroomy on the top. I will say, yeah, actually, it's like kind of ats go on the top. Yeah, yeah, it is meets mine. I will say I draw my top lip bigger than hers. But uh here she is pearl necklace and all. She is going for fifteen dollars, which is very reasonable.
Speaker 3: That is reasonable. Adds to the side view of that hair is like majestic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's really with that one.
Speaker 3: Ros. This is I think if a haunted dollar is different than this, you know, the classic kind of like cracked right face and.
Speaker 1: They can maybe a little dirty.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm realizing now with this, that they can stick tight. Yeah, I only I know the very baseline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, open your mind.
Speaker 3: This is I'm trying. I mean, this is really well.
Speaker 1: The great thing about these is that they come with little biographies. Meet Terra. She is forty four years old.
Speaker 3: She's okay, it's.
Speaker 1: Always a little sad, like whatever. She died of a heart attack. She told me it was brought on from a broken heart. She is a witch and she is gay. She always felt different from everyone when she went through high school. She knew she liked women instead of men, but never came out because of fear of rejection from her religious family. She never was good at making friends and was very lonely. After high school, she got a job at an animal shelter. She found that she could relate to and talk to the animals so much easier than people. She worked there for many years and became the manager of the shelter in her twenties. She got into witchcraft in her late thirties. She met a woman and they had an instant bond. They dated for years and made good companions for each other. There her girlfriend ended up dying. Tara was left with a big hole in her heart and an emptiness that nothing could fill. She went about her days working at the animal shelter and casting her spells, but after her girlfriend passed her life was never the same again. She still likes working on her arts and or sorry on her witchcraft, not arts. She probably likes arts and crabs too. She loves working with flowers, herbs, incense, you know, all that kind of stuff. She told me that she is more than willing to cast spells on your behalf. That's nice. All you need to do is ask. She also enjoys baking, sewing, knitting, music, and paranormal TV shows. She sometimes flickers our lights. She also has opened and shut doors. She has turned our TV on and off a few times. I've seen a shadow near her. She has communicated so far through making noises, through feelings, through pendulums, spirit boards, you know, all kinds of stuff. She is ready to meet you. Can you give her a good home? Cameron fifteen dollars rasum shocked.
Speaker 4: I didn't understand about this.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not keyed into the doll trade, and I didn't know this is what's going on.
Speaker 1: I know more than anyone.
Speaker 3: You that's like you read that. That whole paragraph is like normal to me, that's just somebody wrote that, yes as a description of this item.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I think to go back to what happens after we die? Yes, heaven how haunted eBay doll?
Speaker 3: I think what I like about that so much is how in contrast to how this doll looks, that story is, well, that's the thing that's very appealing.
Speaker 1: A real living person died and this is like a hermit crab show.
Speaker 3: Right. Yes, yes, I didn't know that until listening to you. Just now that. No, you didn't have to, because I as soon as you were talking, I put it together.
Speaker 1: And that is so there's a lesbian witch that lives inside of this doll that looks kind of.
Speaker 3: Like do you think it's just like is the is the general idea that it's just like closest doll possible, Like you just zip into the closest doll.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I really don't know how that happens.
Speaker 3: Well, she's she looks very surprised, like the doll does yeah, really surprised that lookay, oh.
Speaker 1: Let me see does this look like me? I took off my glasses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think.
Speaker 1: I think the thing, I'll there's a lesbian witch inside of me too.
Speaker 3: Well, we know that to be the case, nobody is. I think that's definitely true. I sensed it immediately when we first met. Much like the writer of this here, that's also just she's an unusual doll. She's you know, very very Uh. I don't. She's as a person completely placeable, it's you, but as a doll unusual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, we have one more thing we need to do. We've got to Can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 3: You have to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time for EVP or ev plicse. EVP stands for Electronic Voice Phenomena it's when people capture a ghost speaking. I have two of them for you. I go to YouTube dot com. I find people's recordings that they post. This one is from ghost Hunter Marsha on YouTube and it was recorded at the Dank House German Cultural Center in Chicago.
Speaker 3: I've been there.
Speaker 1: Well, so is these ghosts?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Let's go?
Speaker 1: What does it say? That was a ghost speaker?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Do you have any guesses? Because I would like to hear your guests, and then I also have an abc D option, one of them being what ghost Hunter Marsha believes.
Speaker 3: Two, it's like an order to.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's like shrimp patties please.
Speaker 1: It's like something their order is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it feels like an order.
Speaker 1: That's not what ghost Hunter Marsha thought.
Speaker 3: What is marsh think?
Speaker 1: Did you think it was a a bird chirping outside? Not a ghost? No? B, I'm so done with you? Oh okay, sweetheart did with you?
Speaker 4: Or D?
Speaker 1: This ain't my living room? Okay, it's one of those.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I think what was C? I think it's C. I think she thinks it's C even though.
Speaker 1: This heart did with you.
Speaker 3: No, that's not it. It's it's B it's gotta be b is what she thinks. I still think it's you.
Speaker 1: She believes it's sweetheart, did with you?
Speaker 3: I agree with myself. I had to pick me or Marsha, I'm the one I think is correct? Are you?
Speaker 1: Marcia? Okay? Same same prison posted this one at Old Grant Military Base in uh Illinois. What does this one say?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, that one's so scary.
Speaker 1: That one was definitely shorter.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean that's so it's obvious. Damn. Don't you think that's so obvious? Damn?
Speaker 1: Right Martia?
Speaker 3: What he adele?
Speaker 1: Maybe they were like, what should I do in Vegas? D B, I'm dead.
Speaker 3: That's a little on the nose.
Speaker 1: I did it? Oh? Or d adopt don't shop?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I wish it was that one. Okay, hang on, let's hear more time. Oh I did it.
Speaker 1: She thinks it's I'm dad.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, because it does sound like I'm dead. That is so scary, Rose, How could you do that to me at the end if you had set this up at the beginning.
Speaker 1: I want you to think about me.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be thinking. I mean, I have goose, I feel funny in my body. I don't feel good in my body. Having heard that, he is saying, I'm dead. Well, I'm sorry, cooky, scary guy.
Speaker 1: I'm going to check in with you later because tonight we are doing a show together. Ye, so I will. I'll see you later, and I want to make sure everything's okay. Of all places we know it's haunted too much. This has been great.
Speaker 3: It's been great. I hope that you know that was what you were wanting, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm very pleased. I'm very happy that you did this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really happy. I was here and I got my new catchphrase. Damn that's damn. Do that later tonight.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you and all that?
Speaker 3: Oh, he's doing stand up stand up comedy all over the place, Nashville, Portland, San Francisco, Chicago. I'm naming it DC, US other places, but Cameronessposito dot com or like, just go to any socials of mine. They're easy to find.
Speaker 1: Thank you for doing this.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to camoness Posito. We are in October. Please tell everyone you know about this podcast. This is my month to shine. I just want everyone in the in the world to listen to these conversations we have because they're so fun and deep sometimes as well. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came by. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll eat and call you. So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at it's roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the Terrifying Elizabeth Karen Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spookky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Daniel Cramer