Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera judge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas in a Pod with myself, Teddy Mellencamp.
Speaker 1: And Jama Judge.
Speaker 2: Tamra, you're tired and you're tired, tired.
Speaker 1: It's just been non stop going, Like I had the flu, put me down for five days, and now I'm like working overtime to get caught up.
Speaker 2: Well, you look hot in your confessional look yesterday. I like you.
Speaker 1: I am not one to wear my hair straight behind my ears because I have a big old forehead.
Speaker 2: I think if we were to have a forehead competition, I would win. Mine's not even a four, it's a five.
Speaker 1: Mine's huge.
Speaker 2: Tamera and I have a widow's peak, which is like a double way amy of a sech.
Speaker 1: I know Sophia or the but we're both like I feel like I'm like bald up at the top right here, like an old man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm like that right now too. I need like, you know, yeah, like this is just I don't know my.
Speaker 1: Airline goes by back so far, but whatever, whatever it is, what it is. So I went out, I went out of my comfort zone and let the girls do whatever. And I liked it off off, I liked it, but it took a village man.
Speaker 2: And well it always does for all of us. But oh my gosh, I can't when it. When our producers write things and they want us to say it, then I die, what do you mean? Like when they said let's do a poll, did Tarma look beat? And then Tarma gets mad because she thinks beat is a bad thing and it's not.
Speaker 1: To beat this.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not up on all these new scenes. You look beat that, Tamera.
Speaker 2: You ate?
Speaker 1: No, I don't like that, but you gagged. You want to know where my mind is? So I was his mother? Oh god, icons only one I can associate with.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I had contractors come over because we're having the outside of the house painted in big Bear, and so we were talking this one guy and I'm like, yeah, this house has not been touched since the eighties, like twenty five years. Nothing's been done to the outside of the house. And then after I said it, I went, oh, the eighties are like forty years ago. Yeah, I thought they were like twenty five years ago.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I hate to be the bear of bad news. I was born in eighty one, and I am turning forty three and like less than a month.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought about Ryan, who's born in eighty five, you know, and he's thirty eight. So I'm like, wait a minute, shit, how did.
Speaker 2: I get so old? I mean, and we're pretty close to twenty forty. We're closer to twenty forty than we are to the eightiesh God, what a thought.
Speaker 1: Time just flies by.
Speaker 2: Time does fly by. But I can also say that I'm in no place to be ready for like teenagers, because you know how I like to go to bed early, and I was already planning my one night of the week to be awake late to be at the Janet Jackson concert. And then yesterday Slate went to Disney with her friends and I assumed, I mean with them. There was parents there, so it's fine, but I assumed like they were like, we're going to stay late. I thought they meant like eight o'clock. At eight forty. I text the mom and Slate and I'm like, hey, guys, just checking in around what time are you thinking you'll be back? And they're like, probably around midnight, twelve thirty.
Speaker 1: And then you have to stay awake.
Speaker 2: Well, I had to set an alarm clock, I know. Like I was like, okay, so twelve thirty. So then I set it for eleven forty five just in case I got back early. And then I texted and She's like, no, we haven't left yet, and I was like.
Speaker 1: I know, I trust me. I've gone through it with all my kids. Sophia, luckily, isn't one that goes out late at night. So and now she's got the casita so she can.
Speaker 2: She can come and go. Well, she's an adult now, right.
Speaker 1: She's eighteen and a half. So yeah, buth, my gosh, what girl?
Speaker 2: At what age do we stop saying halves? Like I know, I'm not like, I'm forty two and three quarters.
Speaker 1: I'm already saying I'm sixty and I'm fifty six. I'm like, I just round them off. And I'm like, god, how did I get so old? What am I doing with my life?
Speaker 2: I can't. We're getting old. We're back. We are going to be seeing each other. We have a lot of fun pods coming out this week, so make sure that you guys stay tuned. Not to mention, the Eds had Joe Gorga.
Speaker 1: On, oh god, we were in Big Bang when they were filming, and oh my god, just the talking I could hear. I was actually in the backyard and I could hear Eddie talking and laughing, and he tried. He started playing the podcast last night, and I'm like, I can't go to bed to this, Like, can you just put your earbuds in? Like I I really.
Speaker 2: I could hear them talking and asking questions. And then in the middle of the pod, Edwin texted me, is it okay if I share how many people you've had sex with? I was like, what are you all talking?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I heard Eddie talk about our sex chair that we bought, and then he's like, yeah, now I just use it to stretch.
Speaker 2: I'm like, really, did I use it to stretch a little tight?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, okay, I guess they did two pods. So they did one with Joe Gorga and then they did a sex and intimacy pod. I can't wait to hear that one.
Speaker 1: Oh god, whose idea was that?
Speaker 2: Definitely not mine? Eddie accident. He said he likes Bush and he does not like Bush well unless he's talking about the band.
Speaker 1: I'm going to text him right now. I'm gonna call him. I'm gonna call him. He's downstairs.
Speaker 2: I need to know. I need to know, and then I need to check what you're working with when I get there tonight. Because of this pull Bush, we're gonna have to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe he likes his own Bush.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Hey, so I have Tuddy here. Did you say on your podcast that you like Bush? What do you mean accidentally? How do you accidentally like Bush?
Speaker 3: Because it was a fire session where you answer the question and I misunderstood it.
Speaker 1: So do I need to grow my bush out?
Speaker 4: I said, no, I don't like Bush.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, just a Fredian slip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, slip on his mistake. I do not like flust my teeth down there?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: O God, I wish you could hear me right now.
Speaker 1: I'mad Teddy's dying right now.
Speaker 2: This is so good.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about your podcast with Joe Gorga. It was really good.
Speaker 4: Oh good, good. Yeah, we had a great time with him.
Speaker 1: What was the best and best question you asked him?
Speaker 2: Was it about sucks?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, we had a really candid conversation about you know, O life, and I.
Speaker 3: Think the best question I asked him was you know where did you get your motivation from? To work your ass off and work so hard? And you know what made you which is what made you successful? And he told us that And the best thing that came out of it is that his dad, you know, just drilled it in him and taught him how to be a man and how to treat women. And the way he holds Melissa on a pedestal, that's sweet.
Speaker 1: Sweet. Serious journals, you guys are serious journalism. I did hear Edwin at one point say, I just like your motivation, dude, your jacked. Okay, as much as I'd love to talk to you, but this is our podcast, not yours, so we have.
Speaker 2: To go enough promoting you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, bye bye.
Speaker 2: The fact that Joey Gorga, ed and Eddie are discussing how to treat women, like, are they going to write a book next? You're gonna be pissed because she didn't get it sent.
Speaker 1: I'll send her one.
Speaker 2: We'll send her their group book.
Speaker 1: Eddie such a teacher, So it was funny his delivery is a little off, right. So Sophia got a check from working. Yeah, and so we met somebody were on a walk last night and we come in and he's like, girls, you need to come in here right now and sit down. And we look at each other and we're like, why just get in here and sit down. We need to talk. And I'm like, oh my god, I go, are we going to the principal's office? What the hell means? Sofia look at each other. He wanted to give Sophia a lesson on taxes and you know, if you're ten ninety nine, you have to pay taxes, and I went, Sofia goes, you really need to work on your delivery.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, your message is good. I appreciate you teaching me this, but you make us feel like we're in trouble.
Speaker 2: And also sound bites. Yeah, I tell And when anytime you want to talk about money, it's you got to do it in five to ten seconds, yes, or I'll sign.
Speaker 1: The Well that's way. He was getting deep into it. And if you're ninety nine, and if you don't do you need to send the irs money right away. You don't want to get in trouble with it. And I'm like, dude, she doesn't even know what you're talking about. Well, the best part is after all that she opened up her check and she's like, oh, they already took the taxes out. He goes, okay, disregard everything. I said.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm good. This is episode two. I was kind of hoping it would be more of like a continuation in a better way of episode one, but this episode felt a little forced to me in all areas. It starts with Brooks and Sara meet up at Toleane's house. Brooks says to Lene and Sara are the most authentic in the group. Brook says she goes back and forth and wanting to heal to being shady. Sara says Chanel is not a victim as an adult. Brook says Stanberry is a hypocrite about Tolene's behavior. Do you feel like Brooke really cares about what Stanbury said about Tolene or is just trying to create drama.
Speaker 1: She's just trying to create trauma. What she said was not that bad. It wasn't like she was like, oh my god, her pea was out and things were hanging in my husband saw it and Sergio was gagging like she.
Speaker 2: Was turned on flirting with him. Nothing.
Speaker 1: It just was like, I think Brooks is trying too hard. To create drama for the show, or she's just she's just not doing herself any favors.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like every time she speaks, like the cross gets like bigger around her neck. Every time that Sara mentioned spiritual, like she's like, yes, me too. And then in the confessional they're like, how many times have you seen the spiritual healer Brooks And she's like, oh, once once.
Speaker 1: I just saw her once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean she's working the time, she's just coming off like she wants to stir the stir the pod and there's just nothing yet to stir, like she's trying to create drama that's not there.
Speaker 2: I think. And this continues on as the episode goes, but I think what the problem is. I think she's using a little liquid courage.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: And it's before like when you see her like at a party and it's liquid courage. It's it can be funny. But it's now been all three scenes we've seen of her except for when she was in her off like her business, and it's coming off like just so much and so over the top that you're like you can't even relate to the conversation nor.
Speaker 1: Care no, no, and then Chanelle is starting your own beauty line. Now, she sent you some products, right, yeah, she sent it to me. She tried to send to me, but you had to sign. I hate when maybe it's international, I don't know, but I hate when you have to sign because I'm rarely home. But I didn't get them, so she's supposed to resend them. But we're happy for her. A lot of Chanelle's models are Somali because she wants to give the girls like her hope. So that's why.
Speaker 2: Well, I think there is clearly a lot of housewife products throughout the years that we've seen. But I do think ion beauty really makes a lot of sense, and you see those pictures, you see all of it. But also, since we were just talking about Eddie, I felt like when her husband was explaining the finances to her, it was probably like Eddie explaining the finances to Sophia.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I will say that that Chanelle is back on social media. So does that mean she's home from Scotland or she's having somebody else do her socials?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because maybe they're lightening up the rules because we've got Tom Sandvall back on socials, we've got ion on socials.
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you. I will tell you that you are not allowed to go on social media until the show is over, until they are done filming.
Speaker 2: That's so maybe they're done film Well no, no.
Speaker 1: No, when the show is done filming, not them, because you can't give it away, right.
Speaker 2: But that's my question. Do we even know when Traders started filming?
Speaker 1: It takes three to four weeks. It's like three and a half weeks of filming.
Speaker 2: So June, we're only on June.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but as of now, there's probably a good four or five people gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah who Okay. Then we get to Lisa's mom, Juliette, coming to town. Lisa feels guilty since her mother wants her to move back to Miami. Lisa's great mother raised her and not having her own mother, Carrie on that tradition with her son's as hard. I thought this was a heartfelt moment, like when they were wit Like, I loved that Lisa was like in her sweats, They're sitting there with balloons, like they're so excited, and then you saw how excited her kids were.
Speaker 1: She has the absolute cutest family, cutest family like that, if my husband is adorable.
Speaker 2: I know he's handsome.
Speaker 1: For some reason, he looked really young.
Speaker 2: Well I don't I could be wrong, and this is coming from someone who has faked teeth because I knocked mine out in the eighth grade. But it looks maybe like he got his teeth done or something like something looks a little different, which I'm not in a good way. Or maybe he looks exactly the same. I just noticed, how straight.
Speaker 1: Is I just had a dentist reach out to me to say I would like to perfect your smile, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, what's wrong with my smile?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: I'm like, wait, do I need new teeth?
Speaker 1: I don't have faked teeth?
Speaker 2: Well, I only have.
Speaker 1: I still have a cracked crown in the back.
Speaker 2: I have to still I still have a wisdom tooth that needs to come out that I was taking it out myself. Then Chanelle and Sarah meet for lunch. Chanelle tells Sarah she feels bad after their fight and wants to apologize with her letter. Chanelle reads the letter out loud Sarah, but Chanelle pretending that she wrote the letter herself after it and then they edit to like her with I can't remember it was with their husband or who she was with. Like writing the letter, I was like, this is so good. The next time I get in an argument with you, I'm gonna have Matt write me notes.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna gel cute. I think it's cute. I think she might be somebody that has a hard time getting her words out, so if you write it down, it's you know, it comes across from your heart instead of saying it straight to your face. And I think she felt like she's getting her true self across. I don't think she was being shady.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think she was being shady either. I think she was trying.
Speaker 1: I thought, and I did think that her apology was sincere.
Speaker 2: Do you yeah, I think she meant her apology. I think I think they went by the headlines and not by an actual conversation. But how did you feel about the miniature angel?
Speaker 1: I thought it was cute. Now you could see, like, I think Chanelle is very sensitive. Yeah, she's super sensitive. I think she carries along carries a lot of baggage within her that she probably hasn't dealt with, and it comes out in different ways. And she's an easy girl to be like, Oh, I can't deal with her because she's always like, I look gorgeous and she walks in the room in a full gown. But it's just I'm finan, It's just part of her charm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that over over the top.
Speaker 1: I think she's over at the top.
Speaker 2: And it's but really a big softy inside. Yeah, and I like the time I feel like she feels like someone's talking bad about her or I'm supporting her. That's where she kind of lashes out.
Speaker 1: I am just more and more in love with Tolene, and she brings her daughter Gigi to Caroline Brooks Salon. Telene is hosting a family gathering and is inviting Caroline stands. Telene wants to move past everything and doesn't want to hold a grudge. Caroline Brooks says Telene can move past things quicker since she doesn't know Stansbury that well. I mean holding a grudgin.
Speaker 2: I thought we always call her Stansbury and it's Stanbury. I do it.
Speaker 1: I know I do too. Holding a grudge is a worse trait for a housewife because you can never move on. You hold on to it. You know, we have someone on our cast like that cannot move on always brings it up. If they ever do something for you, they have to throw it in your face. I just it's not a good look.
Speaker 2: Did you think. I mean, I know, we just talked about teeth two minutes ago, But what about when Brooks is calling somebody toothy?
Speaker 1: I miss that.
Speaker 2: When she called Stanbury, well, she's toothy. Well. Then Caroline and Sergio are a week out from moving into the house. They were only meant to stay with Michael for two weeks.
Speaker 1: But remind me who Michael is.
Speaker 2: Michael's like her, like gay bestie. I think, okay that, Like, remember they went and got like spa treatments together. They've gone on all these trips like he seems like. But I didn't actually realize that's who she was living with.
Speaker 1: I didn't either, I didn't know where they were living.
Speaker 2: And then Carolina is taking her daughter Yasmin to the US to visit colleges. Siose we see we don't.
Speaker 1: See her her kids very often or do we not see them at all?
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like we saw them one time. Like this is the problem. I'm getting real like her Instagram life confused with her television life. But I remember a time when they went into a hotel and there was like all these fish going around and they had this big meal and her kids were there. But that could have been an Instagram at.
Speaker 1: Now her kids are in Dubai. Correct. I don't know, because did you watch Ladies of London? No? Okay, So she was married to her ex then and it was basically a housewife show in London and you saw her kids and her husband and all that, and then she moved to Dubai.
Speaker 2: Was her ex husband anything like Sergio?
Speaker 1: No, No, they didn't. They do a flashback of them.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I guess her family moved to Dubai in twenty seventeen. They were still together, I believe at the time when they moved.
Speaker 2: Do you think that you would feel the same way because Sergio was upset that he can't go and she's going with her ex husband or do you think that it's like, Sergio, you're fine.
Speaker 1: Sergio, you're fine. But I love him. He's so sensitive and usually I don't really like that.
Speaker 2: And guys, you would eat him alive.
Speaker 1: Ti, I know I would. I mean he started crying and she's so funny. She's like, I get over it, You'll be fine. What I never remember she said.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, I know they have a funny dynamic.
Speaker 3: I like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like them as a couple, and even when there was like starting to be a fight later on where he like walks out there like I think he really really loves her.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, he really wants a baby. So I'm curious to see what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Gosh, that's a that's a tough ye, Like, the age gap with my kids is a lot, and my kids aren't in like one going to college and then having one now wosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would get a surrogate for sure.
Speaker 2: Then we get to Toleene's party, which also I did you notice that Sarah said she wouldn't want to live where Teleen lived? And they kept saying the ex pats And.
Speaker 1: What is the expats is that people that have moved to Dubai and lived there in a certain area.
Speaker 2: I don't know, they live in the palm, That's all I know. But I don't know what ex pats mean.
Speaker 1: But the poms supposed to be the bomb, right the palm.
Speaker 2: What they kind of make it seem like is the palm is like feels like you're new not even new money, but like you're bragging, Like where is that version in or County? Like if you live in this part of Orange County, it's even if you don't live in the best house, it's because you want.
Speaker 1: To Newport probably Newport area of Newport Coast, Okay.
Speaker 2: So an expat is a person who lives somewhere outside of their citizenship temporarily.
Speaker 1: It was pretty interesting that Telene's husband's father was really the one that's sort of building up Dubai.
Speaker 2: I know, I thought was that her father father in.
Speaker 1: Law, her father in law, yeah, her.
Speaker 2: Father in law yeah. But then uh, Sarah thinks that Brooke has been feeling the pressures of work and has been drinking more. And then Brooks tells Stanbury she misses her even though she's a little bitch. Stanberry says, that's like calling the kettle black. Then Brooks asked Helene if she's ever told her that Stanberry doesn't like her, and Tolene says that Brooks told her that Stanbury is not her fan. Then they like go in and get her. They go in to have this conversation. Stanbury and Telene agree that they're fine and Brooks needs to move on, but you can in this moment tell me if I'm wrong. I still felt like Tolene felt scared that Brooks was gonna blow if she really stepped in there and was like, well.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's Telene's party, She's being nice to everyone, it's her house, she's hosting. What do they expect?
Speaker 2: And also what would she even be mad about? Like there's no there's nothing to be mad about.
Speaker 1: Like she said that, you mean, remind me, did Telene come in as Brooks's friend?
Speaker 2: Yes? And I think Brooks was annoyed that Tolene was being nice to everyone, but like, give her a second, give her a second.
Speaker 1: She doesn't have to do She doesn't have to hate everybody just because you hate people like I hate that mentality even on the show.
Speaker 2: I mean, she had a pageant, wave pageant. I think it's this. I don't know, I've never done a pageant. Weirdly, Uh what else? What else? Then Stanbury gets up, walks away, and Brooke calls her, I see you next Tuesday.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: I felt like this was equally as messy as how Brooks was at Bravocon. Do I enjoy Brooks as a person to hang out with, Yes, but I do think she lives for the mess, whether she's filming a television show or not. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that her bringing t Lenan who by the way, she's one of those housewives And I think I might have said it before that just gets in there and knows what she's doing. There's no like, you know, learning curve. She knows what she's doing and she's a good housewife and beautiful.
Speaker 2: But here's the other thing with without Brooks, what would have happened this episode? I mean think that's the problem. So it's like, yes, Brooks, Brooks is annoying us, but absolutely not one thing would have happened.
Speaker 1: I'm not putting down a girl that's being messy on a housewife show.
Speaker 2: I'm not either. I just think we got to figure out a new mess or else we're gonna be dealing with something like I don't want.
Speaker 1: To be talking about somebody's private parts the entire season.
Speaker 2: Why are the girls none of the girls biting? Like can't they pick up a new fight, Like can't they transition this fight into something else? Listen, I don't need them to fight yet.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is a lifestyle show.
Speaker 2: You guys don't need to fight.
Speaker 1: Let's just see the fabulous trips, the outfits, the houses. I'm fine with that, I am.
Speaker 2: I'm so sure Tarmera then go to TLC. No.
Speaker 1: No, I like the cantiness. But I don't need like drag out fights with these brothers.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't need fights that make absolutely I mean know, have no bearing and listen, we've all been a part of them. Yeah, but hopefully this is just.
Speaker 1: I don't want petty fights. I really don't.
Speaker 2: I want. I want real, heartbreaking, life changing, friendship ruining fights. Gosh, ladies, damn it. But yeah, that way.
Speaker 1: I don't even really truly understand what the issue is between the Carolines.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 2: They had a fall They used to be good friends and then they had a falling out. And now also, I think because Ion and Stanburry have gotten closed. I think clearly we know that Toleene likes Stanbury because she was just on her podcast I saw it yesterday. I don't know, And maybe Brooks feels like the odd man out at this point.
Speaker 1: How has Stanbury been mean to Brooks? I haven't seen that. She's not making any sense.
Speaker 2: Something must have happened last year. But I think she also thinks like Stanberry is to curate it for her liking. I mean, they don't even follow each other, so I don't even know how she would know she was curated, like with her reels and her blah blah blah, like who isn't.
Speaker 1: But do you think she's so jealous of her I don't know jealous is the right word.
Speaker 2: I think that she really just wants this job and she wants the show to do well and this isn't an excuse, and we got hell for talking about this with Laala. But like, if no one's biting and you're the sole one.
Speaker 1: Fighting, yeah, you end up looking like the asshole. Trust me, I have many seasons have been like that.
Speaker 2: Mini So but that was the end of this episode. You guys. Make sure we have Alexia and Alexis later this week, so we're gonna have some juicy, juicy interviews, So make sure to keep tuning in to to Teas in a Pod and thanks for listening.