Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Eric is on the phone today for our first date follow up, and he's being ghosted by a woman named Shelley. What's up, Eric? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are y'all not too bad? Man? Thank you for agreeing to do the first date follow up. Tell us a little bit about Shelley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Shelley and I we brought into each other quite a few times at the same little dive bar. We both work nights, so you know, kind of chit chat a little bit. My family got the uh courage to ask around a real date, not just cheap beers at the dive boue.
Speaker 5: You know, Eric, tell us about your date then, So I got reservations at a pretty nice place, and we both The funny thing is we ran into each other at the bar and dressed for it.
Speaker 3: We didn't even plan that, but you know, made a good first impression.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you were dressed to go to a different place. Is that what you even meant?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like so it was like, Hey, the nerves the jitters out a little bit, Go grab a drink at the dive bar before the date.
Speaker 3: And she must have had the same idea. So we both sewed up and our date closed bar. It was actually kind of funny.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: Okay, So then at that point, did you guys walk over to the fancy restaurant together or what happened next?
Speaker 3: I mean, we drove. It was a little bit of a ways, but yeah we did.
Speaker 4: We drove over there, and I mean I thought date went great, Like, conversation was great. We both have some strong opinions on stuff, so getting to know each other was pretty easy. There was out of that awkward silence where you're just like staring at each other trying to figure out what to say next. I thought it flowed pretty damn well. We found out we're both big film nerds. She's a big sci fi geek and I'm a horror movie guy.
Speaker 3: So I'm a manager at a movie theater.
Speaker 4: So in the course of our conversation, I mentioned that I collect movie stuff, and she was like, hey, well I wouldn't mind seeing.
Speaker 6: That, you know, So went and showed her wait at your house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it went well.
Speaker 4: After dinner, she seemed interested in seeing the collection, so okay, Okayne, Yeah, I mean, hey, it worked right, we did, we had some fun, we watched a movie, and then.
Speaker 3: After that had we hooked up?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Well then from her since no text, no nothing, she hasn't been back to the bar, like straight.
Speaker 3: Ghost Oh okay?
Speaker 6: Was it not to get too personal about, like was your fun good?
Speaker 4: It was super hot, like she's hot. The sex was awesome, like top five for me? Definitely, So yet yeah, I don't get it. That sounds like she definitely was enjoying herself. Then why do you think you're getting ghosted?
Speaker 3: That's it? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I hope it wasn't something like I said, we had some strong opinions on a few of the things we talked about, but I didn't think anything that would offend her. And you wouldn't, you know, you wouldn't have thought that that would have stopped her from coming over if she was offended during the dinner conversation.
Speaker 2: So you said you have strong opinions. Was there anytime on the date where you guys kind of argued or do you think maybe you said something that was offensive in a way.
Speaker 4: I mean, we were talking about horror movies and I mentioned that Freddy Krueger Night Round elm Street that series. You know, he's my favorite slasher And she was kind of like, that's that stuff is ridiculous. I don't know how any adult or you know, how already grown up could watch that or whatever. And I was like, oh, come on, you know, I mean, we kind of got into it about that, but I did make a comment that Star Wars was better than Star Trek, and you know, when we were talking about the Staphore Prid movies, she didn't seem to like that very much either.
Speaker 2: So maybe it's one of those things. I mean, I hope not. I mean, could she have also just have gotten what she kind of wanted out of the situation.
Speaker 4: Maybe, I hope not. I'd like to see her again. She is I've already mentioned a couple of times. She's great in bed, but the conversation was great. She seems super nice, she's smart, she's funny, Like, yeah, I want this to be motheran just a one time thing. I don't know if you've ever had where you just click with somebody, You get that feeling where it's like, man, I want to you know, this person gets me. I feel like I'm vibing with her, and it just felt deeper than you know, a one time hook up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well we'll see if we can figure it out for you. Then play a song come Back, and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and ask her if she'll go on another date with you if you still want one after you hear the reason.
Speaker 3: Okay, nice, sound good? Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, play song come back, get your first dae follow up next. If you're just joining us for today's first Day follow up. Eric is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Shelley, and it might be because he thinks Freddy Krueger is the best movie slasher of all time. Eric, Ky, Before we call her to try to get you another date and find out why you're getting ghosted, refresh everybody's memory about your date with Shelley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we went to a nice restaurant. We had to back it up a little bit. We have a few drinks as acquaintances at this local dive bar. Went on a real date. I thought we hited off, great conversation. She came back my place. We had some fun, if you know what I'm saying, and ever since we hooked up, I've not heard from her and that sucks because I really liked her.
Speaker 2: And it's weird. She hasn't been to the bar either, that you guys met at.
Speaker 6: I mean that makes me a little bit nervous, Like it's really bad because to give up your own dive bar.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna call her right now. Okay, here we go. Hello, I'm miss it to Shelley. Please, Shelley, Hi, how are you? My name is Jewbell from a radio show called The Jewbel Show. Hi, Shelly, my name is Nina. I'm on that show too, and Victoria I'm also she's also on the show. On the phone, How are you?
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's fair. So we do a segment on a show called The First Day follow Up. That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then end up ghosting them that person didn't ask us to meet you on the phone and find out why.
Speaker 1: Now I think I know exactly what you were talking about, Like it's Eric. We went on a date and I haven't reached back out to him, so I mean it's it has to be him.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is Eric.
Speaker 1: What happened honestly, like, at first seems are really great and I was really into it, like he's really cute, and the dinner it seems really nice and expensive, and you know, he it was great conversation and the night was really great, Like the first part of the date was amazing. And then we got to.
Speaker 7: His place and he told me that he was a.
Speaker 1: Horror fan, but he's not just like a horror fan, he's a horror nut. His place was nice and all and it wasn't like clutter, but it was wall to wall nothing but horror posters and guts and gore and them rebelia.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you hooked up with him anyway?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: He told us that part too. Oh god, I mean, well, the sex is great.
Speaker 1: Like, honestly, that was phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Like some of the best secs.
Speaker 7: I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Wow, he said the same thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's just like there it was just too much, like even like the sex was great, but like there was literally a chucky doll sing at us, like that's not the first thing I want to.
Speaker 3: See after having sex with somebody scared.
Speaker 1: And then after the sex, like we even stayed and again we watched a horror movie, of course, and it was just like I don't know if I could handle that. Like I literally felt scared by the end of it, and I was kind of scared going home, and I was kind of scared to get back to the bar that like I usually hang out with and before I see him all the time?
Speaker 6: Are you scared of him? Like what part is scary to go back to the bar? I mean, I understand the horror memorabilia, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, Like it's just like the whole house has constant everything accordy. He's got like this giant skeleton that like fits in his living room that he like talks to and her name is Jeff.
Speaker 7: And like that's really funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he thinks like his skeleton's so funny and his name is Jeff and he like makes jokes and I don't know. It was just like kind of creepy, but I was like going with it. I don't know, I just feel like it's a little bit too much and it's kind of searious me. Like, if you're that into it, it's like what if you want to do that kind of stuff in real life? And I'm like I don't want to be like a victim, like I don't know what.
Speaker 7: It just freaked me out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I started to spiral down that hole of don't chop me up.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: It was like honestly the most interesting and memorable first date I've.
Speaker 3: Ever been on.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being honest with us. I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, no problem, I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm happy to you know, say, but I just definitely got really freaked out.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, I also let you know that Eric is on the phone and he's been listening this whole time and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Shelly, do you think I'm a murderer?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 7: There's just a lot of you know, scary studs in your holl, isn't it. You know, it's kind of scary. It'bout putting.
Speaker 3: I mean it's movie stuff. It's goofy, it's campy. I mean, I really really am sorry.
Speaker 4: I had a great time with you, and I live there, so I don't think about it. Hearing you describe it, I get it. I get how that can look through someone else's eyes. I promise I'm not a psycho. I'm just a horror door that I'll be totally honest. I completely forgot Chucky was there. So my grandmother actually gave me that Chucky dow when I was a kid, and that's sort of what started my love of horror movies when I was about that age. So that was actually a gift from my grandma. And so I just kind of keep it up in there. But I mean, I can I can see how it could be creepy.
Speaker 7: I think that's kind of sweet though, I know, I was like, I kind of think that's sweet thingy, like your grandmother got it and now I get it, like, you know, like that's kind of where similar to what got me into my love where sci fi.
Speaker 1: I was like, my grandpa was really into Spie By. We used to watch Star Trek together. I'm sorry. I feel bad for your saying something about Chuckie Malley.
Speaker 7: I get it, and I.
Speaker 4: Know you were not happy when I said that Star Wars is better than Star Trek. I hope I was hoping it wasn't that. I was hoping that wasn't what rang off. I will dig my heels in on this. Jeff is hilarious that I was staying behind.
Speaker 2: That Who's Jeff, I didn't know you guys had another guy on their date.
Speaker 1: That's the life size skeleton in his living room that literally takes him entire Sure, he is not hilarious. He is weird and creepy and too big and does not belong in a living room.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're killing me. Jeff is the breast right Jeff? Oh you know?
Speaker 7: Am I ever heard that Jeff would be too soon? Look, Chuck can get a past, but Jeff is no. No excuses for Jeff.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, Shelly, you know I'm great. You know you love me. Don't tell a f.
Speaker 2: That's a quality of fibula. Joked one in a while. That was only a.
Speaker 7: First for me.
Speaker 1: Jo.
Speaker 2: The bone jokes are terrible.
Speaker 1: No, they need to stop. I can't see I can't can't do bone jokes supposed to life with Jeff, Shelly.
Speaker 3: I think I'm kind of sick. I believe I have a feamer.
Speaker 2: You're ridiculous, Shelley. Would you like to go on another date with Eric and his bone skeleton buddy, Jeff, We'll pay for it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like Jeff, you are so cute and effect was so good and I had so much.
Speaker 2: On the date. Wait, he said, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Oh, so you just can't get Jeff off your mind? Can It has to be the bone, right.
Speaker 7: I met Eric?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: Yes, fine, yes you will.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm laughing enough to realize that you're obviously not a murderer.
Speaker 3: Shelly, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: I really, I really do like you, and I promise you have my word, no Jeff voice. And I'll even put him in the closet next time you come over if you want.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's you got a deal there.
Speaker 2: Who ever thought they were going to make a deal to go on a date. I'll keep my bones in the closet for you girls. Jubile's first day follow up