Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning and you found the Second Day Update podcast. I'm just gonna say, after the Second Date I will never hear one specific Maclamore song the same.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've tried to avoid listening it, but now I'm gonna try extra hard to avoid.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: You were ready for a treat and hopefully a big laugh right now. But first we've got to read some comments from our lovely podcast. I love just K. That's all they wrote is their name Kate met someone from the UK who was listening to this show. That's how they found us. It's not my third week binging.
Speaker 4: In and it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Hey was that my ex boyfriend? Just K?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is he so like you enough to do that? Yeah? But he never listens, so wait it does say it's his new girlfriend. Oh yeah, there we go. Let's get the second date started right now.
Speaker 5: The Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: I feel good that we're like an adoptive home for lonely single men and women until they eventually find their permanent homes and leave the nest. Yeah, and the loveless stray that we're bringing in today. His name is Luke again for a second time, because Luke has actually been on the show before.
Speaker 1: We've had a lot of return people lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. That's why we're the safe place come back and.
Speaker 4: A pigeon, you just keep coming around.
Speaker 2: Last time Luke was on, he was irritating a young woman by posting a photo of them together onto his Instagram, but didn't ask her permission to post it first.
Speaker 1: Why it is what? She didn't like her look because he didn't use a filter exact right.
Speaker 2: So, like I said, lessons have been learned, Luke, do you know better now? Pictures are in no no, only post videos of them without all of It's.
Speaker 1: Fine if you use the right filter. Don't you remember that whole segment. He's not with her now, so he's got to delete the photo.
Speaker 4: It up to make look you're in a better place though, now, Yeah I am.
Speaker 3: I am better now. I didn't think it was gonna think of a deal, but I am not going to make that.
Speaker 6: Mistikeam okay, get in trouble.
Speaker 1: I love when you say you're better but you're back with us.
Speaker 2: Well it's good because apparently there's a new woman, a better woman that we're trying to track down for you tell us about her.
Speaker 3: So her name is Lisa, and that are on tender and lately I've been trying a new strategy. Okay, I try and let the person know who I am. I mean, because if they know who I am, then it'll be a lot harder to ghost me, at least I would think be.
Speaker 1: Harder to ghost you.
Speaker 4: Hold on, what do you mean who I am?
Speaker 1: What it just means as a person?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's also a good point.
Speaker 3: I mean, because you know how like first dates are. They want to know, like, what's your job? What do you do for a living?
Speaker 2: You're trying to not keep it so surface, You're diving a little bit deeper early on into the day.
Speaker 1: That's good essence of who you are as a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So how did you accomplish that with Lisa?
Speaker 3: Well? One of the things that I like anybody that I'm dating to know is that, I mean that used to be in a band?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I try and do like a funny lead up into the date and give them hints about my musical talents.
Speaker 4: You don't just tell them straight out that I was in a band.
Speaker 5: How did we get a know?
Speaker 3: For breand.
Speaker 4: Wow? You're so skilled. Were you in a band?
Speaker 1: Why would you just not tell her?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean that's not really fun. I mean there's there's no mystery behind it.
Speaker 5: It's dropping hints for you obviously.
Speaker 4: I don't know how how do you drop a hint? What's your tactic?
Speaker 3: Okay, So what I did at dinner when I was with her was that I drew a picture of a microphone on a napkin.
Speaker 4: Okay, you were like, wow, you know she's talking to you.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like I was completely ignoring her. I mean, you know I can walk and choose them at the same time.
Speaker 1: Did she know it was a microphone? Did she pick up on your hint?
Speaker 3: She didn't really say anything. She just kind of gave me a look.
Speaker 1: I mean, the shape of that is not just yeah, it's a shape that can be mistakes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I tried to put like dots on the top of it to show it was a microphone.
Speaker 4: Okay, she's not getting you never clarified.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't want to blow the surprise.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I guess this is a night long game of charades.
Speaker 1: She doesn't know she's playing dictionary drafty right.
Speaker 3: So then later on I did. I played something for her on the jukebox, A little Maclamore, I'm gonna pop some tags.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear.
Speaker 1: How is that a hint that you're in a band?
Speaker 3: Well, I thought it would be, but I just kept telling her, you you like this? Do you like that?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Maybe she thinks you're just kind of random because your attempts at giving your hands were bad.
Speaker 1: You're not even currently in the band right.
Speaker 4: Well that this is an old story, but it's the who he is from his youth. Don't listen to them, Luke. What happened next?
Speaker 3: Okay? Well, we finished our drinks and I was like, I have to take you somewhere for dinner. Do you trust me?
Speaker 1: Oh? God?
Speaker 5: Okay, how did that dry?
Speaker 4: What did she say?
Speaker 3: She said no, Yeah, she got in my car anyways.
Speaker 1: Okay, someone needs to teach her that's it does sound like an Alexis move where you just want to know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, where'd you go for dinner?
Speaker 3: I drove it to my place and you know, I had dinner there waiting. I also had my karaoke setup and.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is where she's gonna find.
Speaker 1: This is another hint you're gonna karaoke, just the two of you and your own That sounds fun.
Speaker 5: Broke them alone.
Speaker 3: So I wound up seeing the Maclamore song to her while she ate the visual.
Speaker 5: Why are you.
Speaker 1: Even calling her? Oh buddy, Okay, maybe she liked it. Okay, okay, we're teasing you a lot, but maybe she liked it.
Speaker 3: She did clap after the song.
Speaker 1: Oh that like it? She find out you're in a band maclamoreus.
Speaker 4: Does that come up?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah no. When I was driving her home, I did try one more hint, and so I did try and play another surprise song, which was Maclamore again.
Speaker 1: Was it thrift Shop again or a different song?
Speaker 3: I mean, I really like drift Shops.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: If this works out, that's your song. Is a couple, that's everything?
Speaker 4: Okay? Did you end with the hug? A kiss? Anything like that?
Speaker 3: Hug?
Speaker 1: Did she mention anything about seeing you again or not?
Speaker 3: Curious?
Speaker 1: You're curious?
Speaker 4: Okay? Have you hit her?
Speaker 2: I think we all are. So yeah, you've been on with us before. You know how this works. We're gonna call her and ask why she doesn't appreciate a brave, courageous man who's willing to just be himself and give her a live musical performance during dinner.
Speaker 1: I mean, we could talk to her, or we could just play Maclamore for.
Speaker 4: I do have a thought about what music to bump in come back. I don't want toil which one it's gonna be, though, I mean, nobody guess. I'm not guessing.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna come back and do it with your second date update right after we pop.
Speaker 1: Some tags.
Speaker 5: Second date Update.
Speaker 2: I pulled thrift Shop, the knockoff karaoke version off the internet for this because I picture this. This is what Luke saying to his date Lisa while she ate dinner at his place.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we haven't asked for a sample from Luke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, skill, well, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's that's reserved for his romantic serenades.
Speaker 6: Got it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to confuse that that all really happened. But Luke, we never asked you. Did you dance for her while you sang?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm sure Luke has choreography, don't you, Luke?
Speaker 3: I like from left to right side side?
Speaker 1: I got it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Now that the whole point of doing all of this, this fun mystery, creative date that you set up was to let Lisa know that you used to be in a band so that she could get to know the real you. You forgot to actually tell her that, so Mike.
Speaker 1: Forget and never came up.
Speaker 2: So that my question now is, if we do get Lisa on the line, do you want us to tell her that information or should we save it for you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I think I still want to tell her. I think that was the whole point. I thought we should just follow through.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm still confused how the knowledge of you previously being in a band really opens up who you are. It just sounds like maybe you think that that's what Chick's like.
Speaker 5: Well, it is true.
Speaker 4: I mean, alexis a guy who's formerly in a band.
Speaker 5: Come on, returning performing in his garage for his mom.
Speaker 3: Wow off.
Speaker 5: Somewhere right, all right?
Speaker 1: Ends because he's again Okay, well, if.
Speaker 2: Lisa says no, then Alexis is on deck. But let's call it Lisa first. Here we go, he will Hey is this Lisa? Yeah, Hey, Lisa, we're a radio show.
Speaker 4: We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Sorry to interrupt your day.
Speaker 7: Okay, Uh, what's this about?
Speaker 1: Great question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we uh, it's about a thing that we do call the second date update.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: And we also play.
Speaker 1: Music, no big lovers and music.
Speaker 2: We take requests if you have any let's do a shout out on the radio right now?
Speaker 6: Ah no, no, oh, okay, we call you for shout out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 4: But back to the second date update thing that we do.
Speaker 2: Not sure if you're familiar, but you went out with one of our listeners recently, a friend of the show, actually one of our more talented friends named Luke.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it was a pretty memorable night with Luke.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, what did he tell you about the date?
Speaker 2: It was I mean full of surprises, lots of surprises, lots of fun. There was drinks, you went back to his place, he had dinner ready for you, and then even performed a song live, which we all thought most guys would never go through. With all of that for just a first date, we were pretty impressed.
Speaker 7: We're wondering he didn't tell you anything else.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, it felt like a lot.
Speaker 1: He did tell us that, like going back to his place was a surprise, and I don't know how that felt to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, normally, normally I was not right, right, But you did go back with him and got in his car, because I think you probably got the same vibe that we got speaking to him that he's a good dude, and he sounds like he went through a lot of trouble to make this date really fun and different.
Speaker 7: Well, truth be told, I was very hungry.
Speaker 1: Oh you're hungry. Well, you know, I get it. Sometimes I make core decisions.
Speaker 4: Like a safety But well, he had food ready for you. That must be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Was it a good dinner that he made?
Speaker 7: His parents were there?
Speaker 4: Oh, now, well at his place. That's why dinner was ready.
Speaker 5: He didn't.
Speaker 1: I guess it's not his place, Jeff. Oh well, okay, wait, he took you back to his parents' house. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 7: I'm guessing that was his parents house. Here's the thing I was eating. His parents were not eating.
Speaker 1: Weird, you're sitting at the table with all of them.
Speaker 7: No, it was set up like a kid had set it up to perform in front of his parents, like a living room.
Speaker 1: To say, what I was imagining, but it was how did you know?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: He left that detail out. We did not get any information about his mom and dad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, big big important, very important.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, personally I would have felt more safe having his parents there. They're like the chaperones of your day to make sure everything goes well. The way, if he wants a drink too, yeah, someone's gotta.
Speaker 4: Drive you back.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 7: I did not feel that way. I felt like it was super weird.
Speaker 4: Well, I get it.
Speaker 2: For some people, I under stand parents on a date that's a red flag.
Speaker 4: For others, it's not. Well some for you, it's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: And that that might be where Luke stands, and we should probably ask him about it, because he is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you, Lisa.
Speaker 1: She says, shocking, right, Luky.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah, Lia, Hi, what a record. It is my place. It's just that, because we were already out, I asked my parents to make dinner and have it ready. How else was I going to make sure that everything was ready for you?
Speaker 1: Okay, if you live with your parents, that's okay. You don't have to lie.
Speaker 3: I didn't lie. They have a key to my place and they come over and meet dinner all the time.
Speaker 5: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: And they sat and hung out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why didn't you kick come out. This isn't a bad thing, Lisa.
Speaker 2: This is a guy who has a very good relationship with his mom and dad. No, well, I'm sorry it did Okay tell me this. Did you or did you not clap? After his performance?
Speaker 7: His parents clapped louder his parents?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, tell us all of this part.
Speaker 4: It would have helped us if we had known. Your parents were there.
Speaker 3: Yes, well I kind of hold it up like a performance restaurant kind of thing. They were just there to help.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're at your home with your parents. Played restaurant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at least he didn't play doctors.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He's got a fun, youthful spirit to him and that can't be broken.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is you are a really nice guy. I think maybe you just need to be more upfront with people.
Speaker 3: Okay, Lisa, did you not like Maclamore? Ah?
Speaker 7: Macimore is not the issue. The whole date was the issue that was weird. I think anybody would would think that that whole situation was weird.
Speaker 3: When I was singing that I have the music a little bit too loud, you know, because I wanted, like, you know, really high for for energy.
Speaker 7: Good question, you're not listening to at all.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 7: It wasn't that.
Speaker 4: It might need to be more specific.
Speaker 3: So my parents dinner was pretty bad. My mom makes.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, maybe it's just an off night for the cooking.
Speaker 1: Didn't hit like it was.
Speaker 3: We can.
Speaker 7: I think that you need to learn what self awareness is a good thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know that mac onemore songs, so maybe he should look it up.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pop some time.
Speaker 1: So disgusted?
Speaker 4: Okay that part?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, bottom line, Lisa, we all agree. Luke's a good guy.
Speaker 2: His tactics are a little unconventional, but that's just what makes him so unique and special. And clearly his parents would approve of going out with you again.
Speaker 4: We all approve of it. It's just up to you. We would pay for another date if you say yes.
Speaker 7: Listen, you're gonna be a nice guy and still be a weirdo and enough so that no, I do not want to go out again.
Speaker 4: That was a little too harsh.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, what if I play a different Maclamore song.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that there's another lady who appreciates macklamore and your musical talents, and you'll meet her soon.
Speaker 1: Okay to fill up brother, Yeah, yeah, already.
Speaker 4: There's so many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it keeps.
Speaker 5: Refreshing looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh, I really feel like that lady doesn't deserve him.
Speaker 1: Really, No, he was.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Luke was a good guy who puts effort into his dates. Wants ladies to get to know the real him, jeff he doesn't like.
Speaker 1: All he wants ladies to know is that he was used to be in a band. Like he wasn't honest about anything about his life.
Speaker 4: That's who he is. I don't hate on him for his truth so much. I don't care how long I have to.
Speaker 2: Wait by the text board for a woman to text him that actually is willing to appreciate him. But how hard can this be? He checks all of the boxes, He's close with his parents, he does napkin art, he used to be in a band.
Speaker 1: Nobody has those boxes.
Speaker 4: He likes rap music by white guys. Yeah, somebody out there, hass.
Speaker 1: We call you that rap music?
Speaker 2: Something rap adjacent, don't you speak of? Come on, ladies, go out with Luke. Give him a chance to show him the real you.
Speaker 4: Or the real him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll show you something anyway.
Speaker 5: We do want to help.
Speaker 4: If you have somebody who's not calling you back, email the show. We can call them for you and get you a second date. Update.
Speaker 2: Go check out all of ours where we get your podcast at Brooke and Jeffrey
Speaker 5: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning