Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jettie and he.
Speaker 2: Arms Why the Trum Studio sne say, senor wear in a dimly lit room deeper than the bowls of the arms strowing.
Speaker 1: And Getty Communications Compound. Hey, y'all today burned the on a Friday, head to the weekend can house burned to the tut lge of our general manager, the patriotic heroes of dog Wow, that's right, all aboard the doad train. Whoo woo. Joe go's full maga right off the bat. Yea hardly eight party.
Speaker 3: There's good, there's bad. Imagine that saying that about it administration. They do great stuff and make mistakes. Oh my god, it's so complicated. How could you listen to this show, the DoD stuff.
Speaker 4: I am so fully on board. Holy cow, Now I fully get it. We've got some great, great audio for you of not Elon's fine, Elon's great. Elon's a bit of a loose cannon.
Speaker 1: But the geniuses who are trying to reform are floundering, money squandering idiot of a federal government. Yeah, we do have some really good clips for you, and it's kind of a shame that the media hasn't done a better job of talking to these people. I don't know, maybe they wouldn't talk to anybody else but Fox, But I was thinking last night I wished sixty Minutes had done the same segment, because people that watch Fox tend to already be on board, you know.
Speaker 5: I hear you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would like to see the sort of outreach continue anyway, So it's the extent that anybody's interested in hearing it. Tell me about the old lady who starved to death in Poughkeepsie.
Speaker 1: Right, what right? Exactly? How y'all doing? You excited about the weekend?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 1: My son's got a his first Boy Scout camping trip overnight this weekend. He's very exciting. Oh well, I have to buy some more stuff today, like plates and spoons for the eating around the campfire and all that sort of stuff. And he's he's just he can't wait.
Speaker 3: So I'm guessing, because it's the Boy Scouts, it's not going to be like paper plates and plastic stuff you throw away.
Speaker 1: It's going to be more responsible. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, he's really into the merit badges and wanting to learn all this different stuff last night, and this was something I encouraged. I thought it was interesting they there's no merit badge for this, but there's a there's a fair amount of paperwork to fill out, which I would have just filled out like I've done for all the school stuff. But the Boy Scouts recommended make this a life lesson for your kid about filling out forms and teach them to fill out forms, and also it will help you in future forms that they can fill.
Speaker 3: Them up themselves. And I thought, wow, wow, I've never done that before. So we're seeing his bureaucracy badge right exactly, which should be a merit badge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your life is a pain in the ass merit badge and filling out forms, which there is a certain skill talent too, you get used to after doing it your whole life.
Speaker 3: You just have to deaden your soul for the twenty minutes it takes to fill out the forms.
Speaker 1: That's part of it. Like, for instance, why am I writing my name and my birthday for the nineteenth time? Why does that need to happen? It's already on six other pages. But whatever, but all paperworkers like that. I'm not beating up on the boy Scouts at all. It's just I just always wonder that, you know, you go to the doctor and okay, you had me check in online and mark down all the medications I still take or don't take. Now, why am I doing it again now that I'm here.
Speaker 3: I'm just One of the things I found most compelling and interesting about the Doge guy interviews in audio that we're going to play for you is they made the point that, Okay, you have Agency A who has all this information. Agency B that's right across the street. Federal government might even be an allied agency under the same umbrella spends fifty million dollars trying to get the information they have right next door, right exactly that, Yeah, these two things actually tie together in that way. The one billionaire dude that works for Doge, you know, had been portrayed in the media's a bunch of nineteen year old losers, a bunch of bros snapping towels and not business experts, rocket scientists and billionaires who are sacrificing their cush lives to take on this project. Anyway, one guy said we'd like the government to be like the Apple Store experience. Well, I don't think we'll ever get there, but that's that's a fantastic goal.
Speaker 1: Hell, let's make it.
Speaker 3: Like the Target experience as a preliminary goal and go for Apple store, you know down the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know how many you ever buy stuff the Apples store, but man, you walk in there and they ask you what you want and the next thing you know, you're walking out with the bag and you never saw a cash register or anything like that, and it just it's amazing. And uh, it's all it's all about streamlining things.
Speaker 3: And I don't know why incorporating the technology of the late eighties into the federal government, I mean, that would be a huge step.
Speaker 1: Forward, right, How do you explain that? Why Why does the government end up running on ancient computer stuff like floppy disks and whatnot if they're not just using paper like it's because.
Speaker 3: Fifties there's such a lack of, uh, you know, positive reinforcement for innovation.
Speaker 1: But they like spending money, So I'm just surprised that they don't like jump on the opportunity to spend money on the latest, coolest computer. Every time it comes out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get your point that just that doesn't benefit the bureaucrats directly. They're much better off spending their money on something that grows their turf.
Speaker 1: For I wonder if every advancement would mean you'd need one to one thousand fewer people, so you don't want to do that. That's part of it too, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: One of the other interesting themes among the Dotch geniuses was the mind boggling redundancy that exists in the federal government. You can have more people in the Department of turning a screw to the right than there are screws to turn to.
Speaker 1: The right, but they just never get sacked.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really interesting stuff, man. I hope they make a dent or successful or able to change the culture. I'm I don't want to see I'm pessimistic, but I think you're realistic.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I hate to even say it out loud because it just seems so can't do as an attitude. But you know, the next administration comes along, quite possibly a democratic administration, you know, we'll go full Roddell the other direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, which is the basis of my frustration with for instance, the car tariffs that are about to start that I think are gonna be seen as a huge misstep. I hope I'm wrong, but I think it's a mistake. It's gonna drive up prices. Trump's trying to browbeat the carmakers into not raising their prices, and they're like, all of our inputs are gonna increase in price, all of our.
Speaker 1: Parts in twenty five percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think this is going to be a huge misstep, which decreases the chance that the vance or descentis administration or whatever next in twenty twenty eight even exists.
Speaker 1: I want that to exist very much.
Speaker 3: I want another four years of momentum for the really, really good stuff, and I think some of the not so good stuff is going to well could derail it again.
Speaker 1: I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm not rooting for you know, I hope the terifts end up punishing consumers. Are they are so angry they throw it out on his ear. No, that's the opposite if I want of what I want, But Trump's.
Speaker 1: A loose can. Breaking news King Charles, who's back out of the hospital, will have full team coverage on that royal medical mishap, thank god.
Speaker 3: Later in the show would the world have done without Prince Charles leading us king figuratively that this king got.
Speaker 1: Oh right, so the King of be promoted. Okay, YadA, YadA, YadA, the King of England. Yeah, let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, Joe getting this Friday, March twenty eighth, year twenty twenty five. We're Armstrong and getting we approved of this program. I hope they don't put me in the Iron Maiden or something.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go officially beginning according de FCC rules and regulations, the show starts at mark.
Speaker 7: The simple survey that was literally ten questions survey that you could do with survey Monkey. Question about ten thousand dollars. Was the government was being charged almost a billion dollars for that for.
Speaker 1: Just a survey.
Speaker 7: A billion dollars for a simple online survey do you like the National Park? And then there're phits me no feedback loop for what would be done with that survey, So the say we're just going to nothing.
Speaker 1: As I can say, that's one of my favorite stories. So they got to do a survey and then which you know, maybe the government needs to do to figure out what people like and don't like and everything like that with a variety of things. But if you're a private company, you'd spend ten grand to get the survey done. The government goes to the survey and somebody say, I'm sorry, that'll be a billion dollars. And because it's the government and somebody else's money, somebody apparently it's somewhere along lines and sounds good to me, Where do I sign? And then they don't do anything with it? He did the information that goes into a black hole anyway, How often does that happen? But what about the old lady who's starving in Poughkeepsie thanks to the Elon must cuts.
Speaker 3: The world's richest man slap the food out of the old lady's mouth.
Speaker 1: She'd be alive today, but he kidled her. And that's why I set three cyber trucks on fire just on the way to work, Oh boy, fighting back against Nazis.
Speaker 3: Exactly want to make the government efficient four taxpayers, and so is Elon and his cohort put it so many times. No, we want people to get more from social Security, more smoothly, more easily, not less.
Speaker 1: So Katie's headlines on the way in a variety of topics and a mail bag. We got more news of the day. We'll play some of the Doge interview that aired on Foxes Day. It was really damned interesting. Everybody I know what watched it really loved it. So we got all that hope you can figure around.
Speaker 6: Maybe I'm stealing a headline again Katie right here, but you know, the whole text chain scandal with Pete Hegseeth, the Secretary of Defense, getting so much attention to the fact that he's in the Philippines talking tough and China is really upset about it is a much bigger story.
Speaker 1: Long term for the planet and that's where he is right now in this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it certainly makes you wonder about the narrative that Trump is dividing up the world into fifetom's the great Powers. Russia gets the Eastern Europe, China gets the you know, South China, see whatever, and we get the rest of it or whatever. No, he's talking crazy tough, they're in their region. Wonder what it means. We'll dive into it. Clips of the week coming up, have got mailbag, all sorts of interesting stuff and those clips from the Doge guys just tremendous all of that to come, But first let's figure out who's reporting what.
Speaker 1: It's the lead story with Katie Green Katie, all right, guys, starting with Reuters.
Speaker 8: Ukraine's Zelenski says he wants America to be strong and vows to counter Russian narratives.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Trump and company just redrew the whole mineral rights thing that they want Ukraine to pay, but they've added in oil and other energy stuff and making more demands on we get a cut of Ukraine's revenue going forward in recompense for what was not alone. I can't stand the policy.
Speaker 8: Back to you from ABC Vice president Vance and wife Usha head to Greenland amid us takeover controversy.
Speaker 3: Oh the second lady. That's a powerful gesture, is it?
Speaker 8: Why wherever CNBC US Health Department plans to slash ten thousand jobs as RFK Junior up ends the agency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that. So I saw a couple of interviews with RFK Junior yesterday. So they're going from eighty some thousand employees to sixty eight or something like that, you know, over ten thousand jobs they are going to eliminate, and he says they can do more with less. I hope that's true. I don't doubt it. I mean, how can you look at an organization of eighty thousand people in the federal government that grew little by little over time and think you couldn't eliminate a lot of jobs. Well, and if somebody said to you, oh, no, we're all eighty thousand of us are working at maximum efficiency given the no overla, lack of incentives and disincentives and government work, you'd laugh at them.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 8: From Breitbart, Secretary of State Marco Rubio says three hundred foreign students have had visas revoked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to get to we got to play some clips on Marco's He didn't like the idea of college kids that in this country at our you know, allowance bad mouth in the United States, even though when we got this whole free speech thing you gotta deal with. So let's talk about that later. From Fox News.
Speaker 8: Man arrested in molotov cocktail attack at Tesla's shop in Las Vegas will also face federal charges.
Speaker 1: Good get them because it's domestic terrorism. Do we know anything about this guy?
Speaker 3: Standard issue progressive nutjob weenie? Is he yet another There was a trend of transgender people setting fire to to Tesla's at one point, but.
Speaker 1: He does not appear to be transgender. But of all the things, he's just really good at it. Of all the things you could be, even if you're going to be an out there nut job on the edge of legality, Doge is the thing that gets you fired up really well.
Speaker 3: As Elon put it in the interviews that we're going to feature, he doesn't blame the nut job so much as those in positions of power who are disseminating this incredibly fiery rhetoric about how Doge is slapping the food out of ninety year old women's mouths when they're trying to bring some sort of efficiency so that ninety year old woman has an easier time getting what's coming to her.
Speaker 8: From the Washington Post, North Korea claims to have made suicide attack drones that use ai Great.
Speaker 1: I saw that North Korea has pledged more troops to the battle in Ukraine, quite alongside Russians. I wonder what they've got.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, China is developing their unmanned aerial vehicle drone programs, specifically in reference to taking over Taiwan as fast as they can. That is so obviously the wave of the future of how people kill each other, which drives a lot of technology, is that important?
Speaker 8: Maybe Bill Gates says that within ten years, AI will replace many doctors and teachers, and humans won't be needed for most things human.
Speaker 1: Now that's a statement, that's a phrase. There's a sentence. Humans won't be needed for most things in ten years. What sense is that a good thing? The timeline was in ten years. Yep. So my kids are twenty five and twenty three and humans aren't needed. Yeah. Again, like Joe just said, don't you have to follow up sentence? So I think perhaps we should look into.
Speaker 5: How the hell we're going to structure society, right, just like if I came on in a cherry bus and said he technology exists that talk show hosts will soon not be needed in other news, now, wait on.
Speaker 1: Fing minutes, I'm one of those what was it humans that you mentioned? Billy Boy won't be needed.
Speaker 8: For most things from the This is an opinion piece from the New York I'm useless.
Speaker 3: For most things, but I'm good at some things. It's those things I want to know more about. Anyway, back to you, Katie, opinion piece from the New York Post.
Speaker 8: I just like the headline free speech lessons from Jackass, Jasmine Crockett and anti Israel foreign students.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is a check ass. Oh that reminds me.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about the Democrats news strategy for regaining power, which is to swear a lot, and the problems with that.
Speaker 1: It's very funny, They're unintentionally hilarious.
Speaker 8: And finally, the babylon Bee political neutrality of PBS questioned after new footage of Elmo kying a cyber truck is released.
Speaker 1: Air day. I could say this air day, but I was listening to NPR on the drive in today and they had a lawyer on there to give tips to college kids on how to handle it if ice approaches you. Right, Yeah, that's where most of America is on that topic. Are you getting hers?
Speaker 3: Is out there giving advice to pro Hamas folks about having a burner phone and deleting any picture there synparathetic word terrorist.
Speaker 1: That doesn't surprise me. That's their job, that's their organization, NPR. That shouldn't be their job as the supposed news for all Americans.
Speaker 3: They are Marxist. I want to tear down the America. Got clips of the week coming up in a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: So on Friday's always driving to work listening to music instead of news and now went hardcore Counting Crows today, and I watched a.
Speaker 1: Long interview with Adam Burritz, the guy that writes the songs and lead singer from Counting Crows. Some things I was going to talk about later in that that I thought were really interesting. I didn't realize how mentally ill he is, like really mentally ill, like disassociates from reality on a regular basis, incapable of like functioning. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just watched the first half of that interview. I didn't get there yet. Huh, that'd be wrong. Explained some of the lyrics in the songs.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you dissociate from reality and you're kind of floating around in some other dream world, yeah, you might come up with some wacky lyrics.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, which is why I have a high tolerance for nuttiness in my creative artists.
Speaker 1: I just it often goes along.
Speaker 3: So if they have wacky doodle political views, I just I don't worry about it much.
Speaker 1: I just need them to not preach to me. I just want a good beat that gets my fingers snapping. That's all I want. Do you do love to dance? Hey, We've got a lot of great stuff to get to, so let's get to it first. A fond look back at the week that was. It's cow clips of the week.
Speaker 7: This is how utterly ridiculous is just inexplicable to me.
Speaker 1: It's a huge disaster. Whips of the week. What shape is the US Pentagon Building? Isn't it just a square?
Speaker 8: An NFHS Network livestream shows Northfield Girls head coach Jim Zulo yanking the ponytail of one of his players, Honey Luplice.
Speaker 1: A forty six year old Gerhard Koenik was hiking the polytrail on O Wahoo with his wife when he struck her in the head with the ronk and tried to push her off the ledge. Don't goes, Crazia.
Speaker 5: Don't goes Crazia's wig and he's whistling is way into your heart.
Speaker 1: I would like to be called Joseph, Joseph of Villinois. Can I go with Jack the Great? Just call me Jack the Great? And all I want to see happen on my birthday is for Eli to be taken down. Yes, and so she needs to tread very carefully. And if you can't take the credits of it, get the hell out of politics. Yeah, we're not provocation.
Speaker 7: This is a friendliness and provocation a.
Speaker 1: Group chat for the history books. It appears a journalist was accidentally added to a text change, and so of course I didn't see this loser in the group. Nobody was texting war plans. No, that's a lie. He was texting war plans. There was no classified material that was shared. I take responsibility. I built the I built the group embarrassing. Yes, if this was the case of a military officer, they would be fired.
Speaker 6: We're having a lot of problems with the courts because the courts want to pretend that president.
Speaker 1: What happens if one of the migrants you're working with doesn't pay, took their held hostage until they pay up, They eat, they bathe, they use the bathroom in front of each other. Social Security is the biggest Ponzi scheme of all time? Yes or no? Do you think it's a ponzi scheme? That's a promise to pay. As I've said earlier, I believe much of my thinking has evolved. Do you think the white people should pay reparations? I have never said that, sir, Yes you did. I think there's just a reference to the idea that we all owe much to the people who before us. That's a bizarre way to frame what you tweeted, no kidding.
Speaker 3: I actually went back to the original Yuri Berliner piece about when he left NPR and was reminded of its eloquence and power. Jim Jordan during that hearing yesterday, we didn't play the whole clip, but I loved it. He was talking about the eighty seven to nothing Democrats to Republicans that the DC editorial officer or whatever it was, and I love the way he illustrated it. He said, it's not forty four to forty three, it's not fifty to thirty.
Speaker 1: It's eighty seven nothing. And you're not biased. I'm not aware of any political minds. Deny, deny. It's a well known road in Washington, DC. So Katie had this headline. They arrested a dude in Vegas who had been sett in Tesla's on fire Paul Yan Kim Korean Dude thirty six, booked into the Clark County Detention Center, Korean national on fifteen counts of Korean heritage. I don't know that he's national, including felony charges of arson, destroying property and another blah blah blah blah blah, and domestic terrorism, which probably should be floating around on your social media to young idiots. That isn't like your normal getting in trouble sort of thing. This is like you go to prison for a really long time trouble. So maybe think this over right, new sheriff in town.
Speaker 3: And given the reality of the last several years, where you could say torture, target or loose as many stores as you wanted, as long as you're waiving a BLM batner, the law would not touch you.
Speaker 1: Or perhaps you're a college student.
Speaker 3: You could occupy a building, you could beat down a janitor, you could do whatever you wanted and nothing would ever happen to you. And now you're getting charged with terrorism. For terrorism, it's got to be shocking to them.
Speaker 1: The high end of the charge would be twenty years, and no nobody ever gets the high end. But even if you got hat that, it's a long time to be in prison. Well, and that's a hell of a hammer to hold over somebody.
Speaker 3: Probably a poor metaphor if there's a plea park in a foot authorities said. The footage shows Kim shooting a gun at security cameras, so he had thought this through, and multiple teslas and setting three vehicles on fire using molotov cocktails. Also spray painting resist across the facility, resist cost cutting, antfort to.
Speaker 1: Make the government more efficient. Yes, Kim had very loose ties to social media groups such as the Communist Party USA, Revolutionary Communist International, Hidden Palestine and Palestine Action, etc. So he's a communist, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Deo Marxists everywhere they you know, it's it's the old strategy. Take every tension point in the US and radicalize the people who are annoyed, whether it's you know, transgender or up with big governments or anything, or up with electric cars and five minutes later, down with these electric cars.
Speaker 1: Right, there's something weird going on with this. I just can't quite put my finger on it. Like what you get super upset about the United States prosecuting a war you don't believe in. I can see getting pretty angry about that. Yeah, I can't imagine. Or the abortion issue if you believe it the way it's portrayed. I suppose you could feel, you know, women, that your rights are being taken away. This one, I just can't feel how you could ever get.
Speaker 3: Murderously angry over trying to cut costs in giant bureaucracies. Well, that's this is the danger of doing what we do the way we do it, being too hip for the room in a way in that when your Chucks Schumer or your a'soc Bernie, you're Bernie's Sanders exactly when they're pitching the idea that the point of DOGE is to take away old handicap people's last dollar. What you need to remind yourself, because we spend all day reading and researching and that sort of thing, but which you have to remember is that people believe that there is a significant number of people who hears that crazy ass rhetoric and says, oh, that must be true, because they're telling me it's true, and they actually believe it. And if that they're being mobilized for the good of the government itself, being the most important lobbyist of the government.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're Elon Musk, if that old handicapped person has a disabled kid, and better to take the money out of their mouth. It feels even sweeter.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, wow, a starving old person and a handicapped kid. Let me add him, says Elon Musk. According to the rhetoric of you know AOC, which is a perfect setup for something we're gonna do. Twenty minutes from now an hour two, we'll play some of the interview with the Doge team that aired on Special Report on Fox last night, talking to Elon and the people that are working with him and why they're doing it and what they've found and everything like that. And it's just it's not that scary, like I said, I wish is what aired on sixty minutes for the rest of the country who isn't already on board.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: It just occurred to me the irony of what is so energizing and exciting about that interview, those interviews. It's a bunch of people, Brett Paart talks to. What's incredibly energizing is how calm, even handed and reasonable it is. It's not a bunch of half cock tech bros running around and you know, their shorts scort and scort guns at each other and smoking pot No, it's some of the best, smartest, most serious people in America, seriously dead, seriously trying to figure out how to make the federal government more efficient and effective for its citizens.
Speaker 1: That's what they're doing. Imagine.
Speaker 3: And now you can quibble about methods and some of the details of what they're doing and how they're doing it, and that's absolutely reasonable. We should quibble about everything in this country. That's why our system of government.
Speaker 1: Is what it is.
Speaker 3: But can you imagine given that And I swear that is true, and you will believe it if you can stay tuned for next hour or perhaps grab it via podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand later. But if you accept it, it is true that these very very smart, very very serious people are trying to make the federal government more efficient, affordable, and defective for the citizens.
Speaker 1: Picture the level of hypocrisy it takes to be agets that.
Speaker 3: To be so in bed with the federal bureaucracy, because that's how you get your power and influence. That you are fighting against an effort to make the government more efficient and responsive, that's evil.
Speaker 1: That is selfishness on a level.
Speaker 3: That's I mean, it's it's awesome it's it's awe inspiring, how incredibly dishonest and deceitful these people.
Speaker 1: Are kind of a side note to how they caught this guy, which worries me this sort of thing, because this is going to be used against you and I at some point. So how they caught this guy vehicle navigation records because so many cars have some sort of GPS thing in there that feeds back to somewhere in his store. And then also license plate readers, which I don't remember ever voting for. So everywhere you park a car, somebody of some organization by somebody for some reason drives through and reads all the license plates in the parking lot, keep track of where everybody is all the time. When did we have a national discussion about this, I don't remember anybody running on. This just kind of happened. So between that and they're keeping track of where you're going through the vehicle records that I don't know Toyota or GM turns over or feeds the government or I don't know how that works either. But anyway, between those two things, they could finally got subpoena. Yeah, pretty easily. We're all tracked constantly with information that the government has easy access to, don't. I don't understand why this isn't more of a thing.
Speaker 3: And if this were a story about China, we'd be saying, oh my god, I imagine right, I'm glad they caught this scumpany too. Yeah, we need to take a serious look at this as a people. And you know, what's really as a conservative, really really frustrating angering to me is that you tolerate this incredibly high level of lawlessness, especially in your blue states. Then you say valing systems are necessary because of you know, all the lawlessness right how ntually forced the damn law, including like no shoplifting.
Speaker 1: But then you won't need this. It wasn't that very many years ago, though. I could have driven around all weekend to work, back shopping, mall wherever. Nobody would have had any data on that at all. Zero, Not a human being would have known where I was. Now, it's all keep track. I was having you followed, but technically I see your point. We got mail bag on the way stay here. I didn't see this. Hanson was just telling me about ITCHI ro Suzuki coming out to throw out a first pitch in full uniform as an old man, older man now yesterday, take some mound full wind up, full pitch eighty five mile hour fastball at the catcher, how as opposed to the old jog out there and your khakis and lob it in crowded wild That's so awesome each rowe bringing it. What a great hitter.
Speaker 3: Here's your freedom loving code of the day with great Eric Hoffer, sent along by alert listener. I threw it away, Sorry about that, but thank you for sending it, Eric Affer. The aspiration toward freedom is the most essentially human of all human manifestations.
Speaker 1: Oh that's rough if you think about that, and how how often that's been denied throughout human history. How many people time, how many people have lived with any bit of freedom throughout human history? Very few?
Speaker 3: What the Chinese COVID drone say, Michael, silence your soul's desire for freedom.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's correct, Yes, yes, Oh that hurts. Oh hey, good advice.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll do mailbag, drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and getty dot com. Best radio ever, writes Pat Shameless Plug Department. Today's One More Thing podcast that was yesterday. This is the most hilarious gut busting segment I've heard in a decade. Okay, give me a second to try to remember what it was about. I haven't got the slightest idea.
Speaker 1: Now come on between Michael's trying to curse.
Speaker 3: Oh and I won't give away anything else Katie's amazing family announcement.
Speaker 1: Ah. Yeah, to listen to the.
Speaker 3: One More Thing podcast, Jack and Joe's completely irrational disdain for polenta. I've never had so many laughs packed into twelve minute podcasts. You guys are the best year two kind thanks path anyway, Yeah, so we do one more segment after the radio show is done.
Speaker 1: It's the One More.
Speaker 3: Thing podcast, and sometimes it has swears in it. That's all of promoting I'm gonna do h Steve from Beautiful Beautiful Lake oswego Oregon, right, the full context of the Vin Scully anyway zero and two audio, which we.
Speaker 1: Love so much. Anyway, oh and two.
Speaker 3: Vin was talking about socialism in Venezuela and Hugo Chavez and his daughter and that sort of thing. He was making reference to the home country of the picture at the time, who had gotten out of Venezuela to come to the US. A play for the Dodgers great great, So that's how he got started on that theme. And who's the richest person in Venezuela? The daughter of Hugo Shabez.
Speaker 1: And who do you think is the richest person in Venezuela the daughter of Hugo choms? Hello, but what's the count? Anyway? All in two? That's right, Sorry about economic structures, but what's the freaking count? Love and sky? I know that is so good? Oh? Anyway, all in two?
Speaker 3: I Joe Getty have frequently said that the time of the humans is coming to an end, and we should welcome a planet of the beavers. The beavers have begun, writes John, and he shows. He sends us a picture of a logoed car. It's wrapped from the Belching Beaver Brewery.
Speaker 1: Which I assume is in Ourgon. The beavers have already begun. All right, That's what I'm gonna say at your funeral. I assume i'll outlive you, as your ten days older than me. They put you in the ground. I'll look down at your casket and I'll say, anyway, owing to why anyway? Ohing two?
Speaker 3: That would if there is life after death, I will crack up in well heaven or more.
Speaker 1: Likely anyway, Yes, Michael, I got to like drop something in the casket and then say that not a flowers. Oh yeah, exactly. I just want a day in there. And then anyway, let's.
Speaker 3: See how much time do we have, Michael, practically none too. Let's see David writes to herd Jack, asking why the government uses old computer systems. Can't speak for the government in particular, in particularly, but I can relay this tale mcogg. In one of the big railroads, we use dozens of systems that all refer to a system with a copyright date of nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: They tried to upgrade it all went completely sideways.
Speaker 3: I've got to summarize here, full twenty four hours shutdown of everything took place so the switchover could occur. Just terrible was so we switched back to the old system before the end of the twenty four hours. If we had those kinds of problems and all we do is move trains with thousands of employees, I can't imagine how impossible the FED systems are.
Speaker 1: I'll bet yeah, well, I'll bet Elon's got a pretty good idea of how that's working right now, and they're gonna try to make it better. Speaking of Elon, we're gonna hear from Elon and the Doge Boys from an interview that they did on Fox. It's really interesting. That'll be an hour two. I hope you can stick around or get it through the podcast Armstrong and Getty