Speaker 1: The following He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Christy Scales, Aisha Morrison, Nicole Hutcheson, and Jess Navares.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Cowboys Nation, and welcome into Girls Talk Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Right here in the SBC studio, I'm Nicole Hudgson alongside Aiasha Morrison, Jessinavares and Christy Scales. Ladies, how you feeling this morning?
Speaker 3: Good? Good, good day.
Speaker 4: Who's in this week?
Speaker 3: Who we're going to get to talk to you tomorrow? Aisha wo Yeah, what do you call him? The Nuggets?
Speaker 5: Love it?
Speaker 4: The nugget other week, the Rookie Week, the rookets.
Speaker 3: The rookies, I said, rookids.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry it We also had someone take a visit.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, wasn't they Jones.
Speaker 6: By the day.
Speaker 4: That's so crazy, Oh my gosh, walking right into those early today.
Speaker 7: Jesus I stayed quiet just to wait for the moment.
Speaker 2: I was building it up now, but I've Jacksonville Jaguars released him last Monday. So with y'all's first initial initial thoughts on the possibility of this opportunity for the Cowboys to bring in someone that has experience, obviously, I'll start with Christy.
Speaker 4: It makes me feel ancient because I remember when we drafted his dad in the first year I was. I was in my second year covering.
Speaker 2: The ninety two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nineteen ninety two. We had two first round picks that year, Kevin Smith, the cornerback from A and M. Sow Kevin last week and Kevin thanks for tuning in and watching the show at times.
Speaker 3: So hid to Kevin.
Speaker 4: And then the other pick was Robert Jones and played middle linebacker for the Cowboys very fine career. He was here four years, around three Super Bowls and four years and a very underrated member of that team. So when you say Zay, I think of his dad, But no, I think that we don't know, like any numbers that they're talking and the like, But could be. I think it would be a very attractive addition free agent. And I just remember two years ago three touchdowns against the Cowboys when.
Speaker 3: We were there in Jacksonville, So you.
Speaker 4: Remember, Yes, it was a very positive impression that remains in my mind.
Speaker 7: Wow for me, I think if you can get a veteran guy that comes in, because really your wide receiver three spot is a little murky now without MG and it's up for competition, and it's not a bad idea to bring somebody in with experience that has playoff experience. Specifically, the only thing that really worries me is he's coming off of a knee injury from last season. So of course, you know the faith we have in the medical staff here with the Cowboys, and you know, if they do decide to go this way, they're gonna have to clear him and do all of that. But I will say, I think if you can get a veteran guy in here to take that wide receiver three spot or at least try to compete for it, it does make your younger guys, say a Cavante Turpin, a Jalen Brooks kind of step up and step into that role to Jalen Tolbert exactly to come in and compete and really have to show their best come training camp to take that wide receiver three spot.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean this this season is I don't know how you guys feel about this season.
Speaker 3: I mean after the draft and stuff, I said to myself, they don't be good anything like Jesus.
Speaker 8: But yeah, the Jaguars took Brian Thomas junior wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Out of where were you? And why am I getting so quickly like that?
Speaker 8: Anyway, they drafted him, and I think that plays a role in at an LSU, and I think that plays a role in why they decided.
Speaker 3: To let go Zay. You mentioned the knee injury, but.
Speaker 8: Also too they picked up Gabe Davis last year from the Bills, and a lot of what they do is the same. I mean when you talk about the loss of Michael Gallup, you think about the deep threat, you think about some of the route running. I think that I think that Za is a little bit more refined in his route running, just a tad bit more, but still able to work the boundary, still able to be a deep threat and kept making big catches along the sideline as something.
Speaker 3: That they can do very well. The Jags are in a I don't know what they're going on, to be honest.
Speaker 8: But yeah, it's it makes sense that they would let him go after getting Brian Thomas Junior. I mean, if I'm not mistaken, he still has a meeting with the.
Speaker 3: Chiefs say, yeah, so.
Speaker 8: I don't like that they didn't get something done, but you know what, we'll just see you and see how it plays out.
Speaker 3: And if we're just going to roll with the young guys, I.
Speaker 7: Guess, and it might not be up to him or up to the Cowboys that something didn't get done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he might.
Speaker 7: Around if the reigning Super Bowl champions asked you to go do a workout or go check it out.
Speaker 8: It up either because they have a obviously they have a good culture there as well, so it's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean I can be a part of something good.
Speaker 8: And the Chiefs are also to I think they might have drafted to receive it, but they obviously yeah they so. But they also are in a place too with some of the things going on over a sheet Rise and some of like that. They might be looking to kind of replace that type of presence on the field their way as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's gonna be could be some really interesting maneuvering at the wide position wide receiver position overall, for the Cowboys because we're thinking, oh, we need to add somebody, and you know, how to replace Michael Gallup? Do you count on the younger guys moving up? So I think we see that position is okay, we need to add to that. But y'all know that I always kind of go back to the numbers and the finances because there's a budget that you have to work within, and your personnel your limited. Well, no, it's just the reality of what you have to work with and you can't just oh, you know, be like Bill Parcells. There's not a one eight hundred dollars quarterback and you bring in whoever you want. You have to work within parameters, and so I think that a lot of people would be surprised. I was surprised to learn that when it comes to position spending the Dallas Cowboys. How what is right now on the salary cap for wide receiver position? Would you like to guess where it ranks in the NFL? I mean we're looking to add.
Speaker 8: It's probably low, right because they I mean, besides Brandon Cooks, cities on.
Speaker 3: The books were just under eighteen million.
Speaker 4: It is third highest.
Speaker 3: It is the third.
Speaker 4: Highest in the NFL. It's over fifty million dollars. So because Cooks is ten million CD. That's that's why when I say there's going to be some more maneuvering within this, you know Michael Gallup thirteen point eight million, you know with him, doesn't that so? Well, that's what it's saying. Things are going to change as you move along here. But but when you're saying, well, we'll get Zay Jones, you know, at a at a good rate, and yeah, but I think he was going.
Speaker 3: To change ten million.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's ten million of the Jacksonville salary.
Speaker 3: Is it going to take a pay?
Speaker 4: Well, that's the thing though, it's bringing him on. You're already at this amount. So that's why some people say, oh, this guy is shopping around and and this isn't bargain basement, but think about these parameters. And I was just really surprised to see that. And that's why I think we always go back to Dak Prescott getting his contract done. But the CDE lamb, if you can get that extension before this season, then before the regular season gets going, then that eighteen million dollars, it's seventeen point nine. But I'm going to round it eighteen million dollars. You get him that big guarantee and the big bonus that cuts the base salary, and so you know, can lessen that cap hit for this season.
Speaker 2: But I just wonder what the Cowboys will or how they'll kind of maneuver that, because it goes along in releasing Martavis Bryant yesterday as well. So it's kind of like, are they really doing what they need to do to kind of make that happen.
Speaker 4: I don't know, yeah, yeah, And so you know, Marteves was a minimum well, and I don't believe I'm not sure that his was one of the top fifty one. In the off season. When you have ninety players, not all ninety count against the salary cap. That would be impossible, and so in the off season they count the top fifty one. And so but once the season gets going and you've had your roster reductions, then but you do have to account for practice squad players. So that two hundred and forty thousand dollars a year roughly, let's just say quarter million dollars a year for a practice squad player that has to be budgeted in right, and then you also have to leave some wiggle room because you know you're gonna have some injuries and those guys still get paid and you're gonna have to bring some guys on or leave some wiggle rooms so you can make some trades. But yeah, that when I when I saw that that so much is is committed to wide Receiver, I thought, man, that's even more impetus to get CD done because that's a lot to a position.
Speaker 3: Well, do you think they will bring them in? If they didn't, maybe think they would be listen.
Speaker 8: I mean they I understand what you're saying is valid, but they spent like a couple of quarters in free agency, like you ain't gotfly.
Speaker 4: You can definitely afford him, right, But when I say, I think that it's overall maneuvering, not just so I understand that in terms of you know, getting the thing done with UH, with CD, they need to tell her.
Speaker 3: They need to hurt that part. That part.
Speaker 2: If you're listening to us, now, make sure to give us a call at one eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. We're taking questions.
Speaker 6: Calls.
Speaker 2: You name it, we got it UH A one A A A FI five two two nine seven one eight eight eighty five two two nine seven. I have to met go ahead, refeat that three times.
Speaker 3: Get your QBC self out of here.
Speaker 4: Y'all are sick.
Speaker 8: Nilo's sick.
Speaker 2: Uh No, but this this move possible move with bringing in Zay Jones here for the cowboys? Who does that kind of ruffle the feathers for report? Put on kind of an alert when you're talking about the death within this running back room, you've got a wide receiver room. You've got like Jalen Tober, like you mentioned Cavante Turpin, does this kind of uh make them a little concerned or who?
Speaker 8: I would say Jalen Tobert more than anybody is just. But but the thing is and and this is the thing about Jalen Tobert that I realized last year. DAK and CD were so good. Yeah, And I think when you go watch the film and you watch, like when you watch these plays develop.
Speaker 3: Jalen is open. He's hoping a lot on film.
Speaker 8: But it's hard to justify coming off of your one when you're one is open. I mean, CD had a phenomenal year, So I think it's difficult to justify just going through all of your reads in that way when you see the open man and then we talked about the West coast.
Speaker 3: What is the West Coast? It's who's open right now.
Speaker 8: And so I think that Jalen Tobert suffered a little bit because of that, because when you look at his development.
Speaker 3: He was reliable last year.
Speaker 8: He had some key catches and big moments where you needed him, and even Jalen Brooks they used him towards.
Speaker 3: The end of the year when you needed a guy.
Speaker 8: So I'm like with Jalen Tobert, I don't think his development has been stifled or anything. I think that he's becoming kind of what we thought he would be. But bringing in this veteran to me is more so for me. I think it's more so addressing the Michael Gallup loss. But then also too with Cavant Turpin. I believe Cavante Turpin is gonna have opportunities to return this year, and they might want him to focus more so on that at this point and let him allow him to be involved in that.
Speaker 3: I think you, Douce Fine will be involved in that more so.
Speaker 8: That's that might be part of the reason as well is and and and also to shoot you you might just need to if you can't stop the run, you might just need to pass the ball, But then I think they were an aerial attack last year. I think they want to get back to running the ball, but I think they kind of want to balance it.
Speaker 3: So for me, I think it would be a good move.
Speaker 8: And but to your answer your question, I think it puts more pressure on Jaalen Toba for competition doing anything.
Speaker 9: We got we caller.
Speaker 2: We actually have two callers. We're gonna take Mike first out of California. Mike, what do you got for us?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Ladies?
Speaker 6: Good morning? And uhm hey, miss As. I would like to just give you a huge shoutout. Man, I love the work you guys do with that draft show as well as the rest of you ladies. Shout out to all you all you ladies, but you guys do a great job. But I really enjoy that draft coverage. But I just want to say, I don't know if this Zay Jone thinks how it's gonna go whatever, but I just kind of feel like he's a progress stopper to Jalen Tobert, Like I had called a few weeks ago, and I told you guys that they need to stop playing games with the ceedee Lamb contract. You know that he could be the best eighty eight, you know what I mean, And I stand by that. You know, they I hope they can get it done. And I just want to say that despite the lack of you know, moves in free agency and all, I'm really excited about the depth of this team. And I don't think a lot of people realize that all these years of drafting well and everything, I think that that our depth is great and I'm excited to see all this young talent that that's up and coming, and a lot of people aren't aware of, you know yet, but I think that they're gonna show up and show out. And I think regardless of all the free agency lack of free agency moves, I still think that we're a ten win team. But I'll just leave it at that. I'll hang up there and once again thank you for having me on. God bless you all, and shout out to the whole Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 4: So that's it.
Speaker 7: I want to be as awake as Mike Energy in.
Speaker 4: That season California. It's two hours.
Speaker 3: I know, look at you.
Speaker 4: What do you think of Zay possibly being a progress stopper for gentlemen or other young Here's here's.
Speaker 7: What I was gonna say too, because I think something that ties into this a lot is the development of the tight ends because they were not as part of the aerial attack as they should have been. Jake Ferguson aside, Yes, you know that's your tight end one. But Mike McCarthy's a tight end kind of guy. He's the kind of coach, uh kind of play caller that's gonna want to get those tight ends more involved in the receiving game as well. So I don't necessarily think it stops progress from a guy like Jalen Tolbert, but I do think there's enough of the and Cowboys nation's gonna hate this analogy, but the pie to go around when it comes to the passing game, because you're not even just talking about your wide receiver group, your tight end group needs to get more involved in that as well. And I think that's something that severely lacked last season was getting those tight ends involved in the screen game, the passing game, and I think the development of them also will will kind of impact any opportunity.
Speaker 8: For the.
Speaker 7: Whoa Hello, any opportunity for the wide receivers as well, there you go.
Speaker 2: I love that. I think in a way it does kind of stop the progress of Jalen, but it also doesn't because at the end of the day, like you're gonna get it if you want to get it, if you want to improve, you want to improve, right, I think that he's been doing what he needs to do this offseason because he's mentioned it, right, even training with Brandon Cooks this offseason. He's been doing what he needs to do in order to improve and take this next jump this year because he knows what's at stake. So I don't think it necessarily stops the progress. I think that it'll just add the competition level or enhance the competition level. I don't think it'll stop his.
Speaker 8: Progress, though I wonder if it plays a role also too. It's like, again, you have a lot of coaches on this staff that are here for a year, and you might want somebody that is a little more experienced, a little bit more you know. But also too, we've seen this season, like just like we talk about throughout you know, the defensive line and offensive line in depth and stuff like that, Injuries happened, things happened, Nicks, Nix and bruses happen, and this is a seventeen game season. You're also just making sure there's depth on the team. So I think that he mentioned the depth on the team in general.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited. I mean, I do. I do agree with him that.
Speaker 8: There are areas that there's more depth than with I thin get we were thinking at first.
Speaker 7: I do want to say real quick to your point, Nicole, about Jalen Tolbert. You know, whether he wants to or not, I will give Jalen Tolbert the credit that he deserves and being a student and just absolutely diving into learning and trying to be better from his first year to play. So it's just if you want a football IQ, Jalen Tolbert's your guy. I mean, And unfortunately, I don't think you've gotten to see that a lot, but I do expect it. He's not He's gonna he's not gonna shy away from the challenge, no matter who's who he's going against.
Speaker 3: We've got another caller.
Speaker 2: We have Robert out of Rio Grindez Vallet Valley, who today is today?
Speaker 9: Hi Robert, Robert, are you it's Bob? But I'll answer to Robert. Hi, Bob, It's a pleasure to talk to you ladies. I do enjoy your show so much. You give a You come at it with a different perspective than the men do on their programs, and you, you guys, show a lot of wisdom and insight. And kudos to the last caller and his remarks about Asia and the job that she did with the with the draft. Uh, young lady, you are totally right on at when you analyze the player, uh, and when you finally come up with where you're going to place him, you put him in a right spot. And I do enjoy that. I Uh, I look forward to you guys coming on. Quite frankly, I was a little slow uh getting to you guys that I would watch the men's guys out of habit, you know, and uh, when I finally tuned into you guys, I said, well, boy, you've been shortened yourself.
Speaker 4: Real Grand Valley, I mean that is a cowboys.
Speaker 9: Nation, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we appreciate you and everyone there in Real Grand Valley.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 9: Every one of these athanic people down here have got a cowboys jersey and uh and some of them with numbers of all the way back to Mary and Barber, I mean, oh, they're they're uh diet in the wool of fans that and they live and die with the boys. Thank you so much for taking my call. I'm going to let it get off here and let somebody else get home, but I definitely enjoy you and I'll be listening to you in the future. Thank you, Thank you, Bob.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that you mentioned Mary and barber because a couple of weeks ago we got a call from Fernando in Miami and he asked me a question about Julius Jones and Mary and Barbera and what happened with that playoff loss to the Giants back in two thousand and seven. And so it was one where Fernando said, why was Julius Jones benched? And if we could have run the ball more in that game? You know, that's the game, the Cabo game, right where the Cowboys were heavy favorites and number one seed and lost to the Giants. And so I promised Fernando that I would go back and look at my.
Speaker 3: Notes, and that was Julius's.
Speaker 4: Julius started every game that regular season, but that playoff game the Cowboys had had to buy and Wade Phillips. I was right about the fact that he was going with the hot hand that whole year, Mary and Barber. That's when he became known as Mary and the Barbarian. And he had a lot more carries than Julius Jones throughout the entire season. And so even though Julius was the starter, so officially it was not a benching. And I also looked at my notes and it was not anything injury related. But Julius did have only three carries in that playoff game and Marion had like twenty five and they ran for like one hundred and thirty yards but didn't get the win. But I wanted to go back and respond to Fernando and follow up on the question that he had before. And thank you Bob for mentioning mentioning Marion, because it led into going back to Fernando's call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and thank you for reminding us that is dope. Okay, thank you now, no, you know you do an amazing job, real draft show, So really.
Speaker 3: Thank you, lady, you know what, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: It was out of all the picks, out of the eight people that were added, who do you think is going to have Christie Days?
Speaker 3: Our sad segment.
Speaker 7: Well, look and you and.
Speaker 3: We'll go to it right after this break.
Speaker 4: You're you're watching girls by boy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if I saw them at the Dallas Cowboys, will be right back.
Speaker 10: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi, baby the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettus, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola.
Speaker 3: A journey to foodjopia. Burgers better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 5: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: The twenty twenty four PBR World Finals are taking over ET and T Stadium. It all starts on May seventeenth with Kid Rocks, Rock and Rodeo. Then on My eighteenth and nineteenth, the finalists compete in the twenty twenty four PBR Championship. Let's Rock and Ride. Three day tickets are on sale now at seageek dot com, the official ticketing provider at at and T Stadium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how does that translate to Spanish?
Speaker 3: YEAHA, oh, there we go? All right? Wow, yeah, I don't have a little segway.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Hey, we're just going to talk about these rookies, all right.
Speaker 3: It is rookiemunic camps officially tomorrow on Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 2: They start walk through practices on Friday and then they have a full practice on Saturday.
Speaker 3: I'm just excited to just get my eyes on the prize the Nuggets typically.
Speaker 2: Well, I know you all obviously have been here covering the team. What is the most exciting part about, you know, seeing these guys come in on these you know, in for rookie mayde camp.
Speaker 7: Oh, my my favorite part of last year because it was the first time we got to experience it. Ayisha, and I was I love seeing them grow through the year. So you meet them at first and they're so nervous, like sweating. I remember Junior for Joko was literally sweating talking to media for the first time introducing you know himself, and then you see them grow as people as players throughout the course of the season. So it's funny now to compare you know, kind of the person you first meet, which is a nervous rookie. I was like, who the heck is all all of this media around me, especially if they come from a smaller school that doesn't get a lot of media coverage, It is nerve wracking, it is at and to kind of see them come into their own and become their own person as a Dallas Cowboy, it's it's absolutely phenomenal and I'm excited to see that because I think for me last year, a guy that I saw a lot of growth and is, you know, off the field and hopefully we see more on is Luke spoon Maker. I really enjoyed talking to him throughout the course of last year and seeing how nervous he kind of was at first, like very hesitant with like what is going on with all this media coverage.
Speaker 8: And all of that.
Speaker 7: But then as it's gone on, like his football, IQ has just grown so much, his mind has grown. And I think a lot a large part of that is how how well that tight end room really just like adapted to him and welcomed him in. So I'm excited to see kind of that first step in these rookies taking their own step to become their own version of a Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the field mentioned like walk through and then more of a real practice, But let's be honest, it's not much more than underwear Olympics because you're just not real football. But what you're looking at from a media standpoint in watching practices, guys are drafted at one position or they played a particular spot in college. Are they at that position or are they already putting are the coaches here already putting them in different spots? So you're taking mental notes like that, how do you think that they're going to be used? For example, you know, guard to center, which you know BB, you know expecting things like that, So you're watching things like that. Honestly, you're just trying to like memorize numbers. You kind of seeing the body type so that you can, you know, just real quick learn who people are just looking very quickly from the sideline, and then yes, how they handle themselves in the locker room. And also you're thinking, oh, this guy's a good talker, so he's going to be a good source this year. And it's also just introducing yourself and kind of, you know, just a little bit of relationship so that you can hopefully go back to that well in training camp and during the season. And it may not be a formal interview that you're using soundbites for that I'm going to use on Cowboys radio reports, but just getting some little nuggets from some information that you can drop into the broadcaster onto the podcast.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean they said most of them missed that most of the things. But for me, as someone that is really into the film and really into, you know, seeing these kids, I've watched the extensive tape on most of them.
Speaker 3: So for me, it's just I know that it is the underwear Olympics.
Speaker 7: But.
Speaker 3: You can see you get a feel, I know I do.
Speaker 8: I get a feel for how confident this player is, how much they already might be in the playbook if they have it.
Speaker 3: You also you can just see. Sometimes guys stand out in just the two days. Sometimes guys stand.
Speaker 8: Out right away for sure, and you can just feel it like it's a presence, it's an aura that some of these gentlemen have. And to your point, just sometimes they develop a bit more overseason, like we might look up and train again, be like I ain't like he's just yeah. But sometimes on that very first day you meet him, shake their hand, look him in the eye, You're like, Okay, this kid, this kid has something.
Speaker 3: And so that's what I'm excited about.
Speaker 8: And also to to you Lady's point, is just getting to know some of the players a little bit more. I think it's important to be empathetic to what this process is like for these young players.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm excited about all of it.
Speaker 8: I mean, just watch I mean I've been watching him on the screen for months now, especially Cooper BB.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 8: I made a rookie mistake last year on the Draft Show. I didn't know he returned to college, so I was like talking about him and everything.
Speaker 3: Ever, I was like, he went back.
Speaker 8: To school, and that's literally like not a fun thing to experience on the Draft Show. But I've been very infatuated with this player and his ability since last year to just like see him and he's another Yogi beer.
Speaker 7: I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: He is another yoga So excited. Is that a player that you're most excited about?
Speaker 8: I am, I'm excited about him, but I also to I'm really I am looking forward to Tyler Guitton as well, because he Both of those gentlemen are going to be important to not only this year, but I believe that this is there the future of your offensive line and so just seeing how they transition is going to be important. But it's hard because I think Maurice is like it's somebody as well, a linebacker out of Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: It is going to be important to what they do as well.
Speaker 8: So it's this class in general. This class in general got me hype. I think this is I thought they drafted really, I thought they drafted well. I thought this was well and well executed drafts.
Speaker 4: And Nicoleta one thing I would say, because I know this will be the first time that you get to see how the coaches interact at the rookie camp. This is such a crucial time, not just for that coach rookie relationship but this is really the only time that these rookies are going to have the coaches to themselves. And when you say working on the fundamentals, I mean just the fundamentals. Really, what the staff is trying to do is acclimate these young guys to what to expect in the practices as well as that. And so because once we're done with this, then it's OTAs you're not getting that one on one attention as much because it has to be spread. And so that I want to share that because this is from the coaches perspective and these young guys, you have to take advantage of this opportunity because once it's done with the rookies and you're alongside the veterans, they cannot slow down the train.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the train is going.
Speaker 4: And you've got to keep pace and you're gonna you're gonna be swimming in it and you're gonna feel like you're getting dragged down by the undertow. So take advantage of that exactly, sink or swim. But this this is the really the only time in the off season that for the true on field work and what is more of a practice like setting, that the rookies will be with their position coaches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of want to go back to you and Christy though, is there a player that you're looking forward to most scenes?
Speaker 7: I mean jumping back to kind of what Ayisha said, I'm I'm really excited about Koper Bbe and that's because I talked a lot about last season how much respect I really have gained for that center position because of Tyler Briottish. It's just it's a mindset that is so interesting to me, and just every little thing you have to know and pay attention to and focus on is a center, because really every place starts with you. It's people seem to think it starts with the quarterback. Nope, it starts with the center and then it trickles down from there. So to me, I'm excited to see, you know, how confident he comes in and I just feel like he's going to be one of those guys that I used just talking about that you just see and you're like, man, he's ready, Yes, he's ready to be here. He's gonna step in. But I want to kind of see him take that Yogi bear role as we call it. And the point of that last year with Tyler Piottish was you know, off the field, he's doing all of this yoga and doing everything to take care of his body. And you talk to him and he's so small, and he's so he's kind of gentle off the field. When you're talking to him in the locker room, you get his tail. On that field, he's not letting anybody touch Dak Prescott like he is a vicious, ferocious bear. So that's where the whole Yogi bear thing came from. Last year was just the mind switch that that these centers have of most of these players in fact. But I'm just so intrigued to see kind of how how he acclimates. But i mean, man, you said it, this whole draft class. There's just something something about this class as a whole that is special. Like they each bring something that this team needed, whether it be depth, whether it be you know whatever. But I'm excited to meet.
Speaker 3: All of them.
Speaker 4: Well, when you say something that they needed, I'm going to go a different direction and go second round with.
Speaker 3: Nyland because he can make.
Speaker 4: Such a even if he's not a starter man, he can be an immediate part of the rotation as a passat. And we talked about Dorn's arms strong and and foul or leaving and so there is a hole and there if if Neilan and you know, they talk about how good he's going to be, you know against the run as well, you know so, but it is part of that possible pass rush rotation. Nyland need him, so you're right, No, no, that's not It's just it's just repeating off of justice.
Speaker 7: She's betting on. That was all her.
Speaker 3: But this is a guy who you know, quitch.
Speaker 4: We talk about BB and guiding and yes, I mean could be walking and some starters and stuff, but I think Nyland could get a lot of playing talk about it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go a different route. I'm gonna go sixth round with Ryan Floorinoy only because okay, no, I want to see how, you know, a guy who comes from a school that's doesn't get a lot of you know, media covered Southeast Missouri state.
Speaker 3: I believe that was the school he played at.
Speaker 2: So I want to see how he comes in and and just elevates his game and brings that confidence. And on the film, I kind of took some six two running a four four is crazy. One athleticism is crazy. His athleticism is crazy. And one thing that he has gotten a lot of praise for is how reliable his hands are. That's something that Michael Gallup had a great asset to earlier in his career. And I know obviously he battled some injuries the last few but that's something that obviously the Cowboys are looking for. And just looking at the numbers his best, he dropped just three point two percent of catchable pass.
Speaker 3: Has thrown his way since twenty twenty two, Yes, and.
Speaker 2: Three point two. So I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings and how he kind of stands out. I should mentioned how you know, how these guys stand out. Some of them stand out more than others. So I'm looking forward to him.
Speaker 6: I lot to well.
Speaker 7: I wanted to point out too, like with the loss of Martavius Bryant, who was a big body, wide receiver, He's going to be very important, especially when you're talking about practice reps going against these bigger body receivers, because that was a big part of what Martavius I think brought That just was very very underrated, and I uhould pointed that out last year. So one thing I wrote down about him is, uh he's six one, two hundred and two pounds that's a big guy for a receiver. So to me, I noticed when I was watching his film Confident Pass Catcher strengthen route running, plants and shallow crossers, and I put a little star on a smiley face because I said, I usually like that in my notes.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm so glad that you mentioned that he was reliable. I knew she'd like that talk football to me. You know, it makes me happy inside. No, that I'm glad that you mentioned that he's reliable.
Speaker 8: That's the last thing I said about him is that he's very QB friendly and he's reliable.
Speaker 3: And what stands out with him also to is the effort.
Speaker 8: Because not only is he his hand or his hands strong and he has the route running and things like that, he's also a very physical blocker, very willing blocker on the outside and even if the ball's not coming his way, he might chip you a little bit and let you know, like, hey, I'm not just here for decoration.
Speaker 3: The run after catch ability is great with him as well.
Speaker 8: He's to your point, he is a guy that is gonna push the envelope in that room. And I just can't believe we went from being like very unsure kind of about the depth that the wide receiver positions are starting to be like, Okay, well this guy has some potential potential we're just looking for it's a materialize you know, during camp and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Well, and you just never know what can happen come training camp. I mean a lot of these guys could come up and have a fantastic camp. You never know, and especially with how competitive this wide receiver group is about to be. Look, don't count anybody out. And he's a guy that Yeah, I agree, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of I'm looking forward to what Jaylen Tolbert brings, but I don't know Ryan Flornoy if gonna bring a little different edge as well. For you guys, when you look at let's go back to the offensive line Tyler Geyton, what stands out the most about him outside side I'm sorry, outside of size.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for me, it's the feet and for me it's.
Speaker 8: Just how he's able to get out in space and drive the ship in that regard, the way he uses his feet to recover. It's when you talk about athleticism. Athleticism looks different, different with every position. So when you see a guy is able to mirror a defensive line, or just get out of his kick, like that initial step, like just to kick step fast enough to deal with those speed rushers and stuff like that. That's where the athleticism shows up, the lateral movement, him moving side to side and things like that. So I think that's what stands out the most the most to me initially. I mean you mentioned the size, of course, but it's just the way that his feet are able to keep moving. And also too when he anchors, it's it's pretty much like the latch is. When he's able to sit down. You don't see a lot of guys getting away from him once he does. And so those things, those are two things that stand out the most to me.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say discipline. I think you know he has he has a polishing up to do, but from where he is right now as a rookie, like not even having stepping foot on the practice field, I'm gonna say, discipline stands out to me. And something that I kind of deep dive into was at his time at O. You you have to understand that his O line coach, Bill Beatenbaugh, And I'm so sorry if I said that wrong, and I were trying to practice this. He really instills I wrote, toughness, physicality, and fundamentals. And to me, if you have an offensive lineman that is focusing on his fundamentals. Look, we talk about this all the time, especially when we're talking about pre snap penalties, and I hate to bring this up again. You need a guy that is going to eliminate those. You need a guy that you don't have to worry about those with. You just need that focus, that discipline, and I think he's a guy that can come in here and give you that and give you just kind of what you need as far as hey, we don't even have to worry about the pre snap penalties. He's there. He needs polishing up, but at least that's not a worry.
Speaker 4: I think what said about you know, once you get the hands on him and controlling the he controls the yeah, And I think we got real spoiled with that over the years with Tyron Smith.
Speaker 3: That was his strength.
Speaker 4: I mean that you hear his teammates or other people around the league talk about Tyron Smith and they're like, that's a man's man. These are men's men saying this is Tyron Smith. He is a man among men and we got spoiled by it, and uh, you know, it'll be interesting. I just hope that Cowboys Nation gives this kid.
Speaker 3: Time to grow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because when your grace is a wonderful word. I'm glad you said that, Nicole, because you know, he's filling the shoes of a person who's arguably a Hall of Fame career, arguably a Ring of Honor career. And there's gonna be some mistakes. There's gonna be some times he gets beat. Michael Parsons is gonna embarrass him in training camp at times. Let's have some grace, Let's have some patience, and which is hard in the NFL. But I'm really really excited to see how he, you know, conducts himself, handles himself.
Speaker 3: Is disc one. I think you're righteous.
Speaker 4: I agree with all of you. But yeah, if he does that has those Tyrone Smith qualities which he showed in college. If he carries that to this level, man, what a blessing it would be to go from a tyrant to tyler.
Speaker 3: He has the attitude.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I know we're about to get into but he I want to say, like the little bit that I've gotten to see, you've actually gotten to spend time with him as well, like as you've gotten spend time with them, Nicole, the way that he's so genuinely humble to be here, you're gonna get his best effort. Sometimes you can, just like I mentioned, you can see that this player is going to do everything that they need to do.
Speaker 3: Already, working with Duke Manniweather, I was such an asset to a He's a luxury.
Speaker 8: You guys, like the other offensive lineman in this league, don't get that one on one time with him on the weekends sometimes or during the week sometimes Like this is so for the fact that he's already working with Duke and some of the other players on the team.
Speaker 3: And it again, yeah, thank you. It again shows already how dedicated he is. I think the kid's gonna be fine. Right, we got a game coming up. I'm not gonna take you the name of it yet, but we have a.
Speaker 5: Game coming up.
Speaker 2: In the third break, you're watching girls talk, boys talk PERSI away jig saw the preferre dating part of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: We'll be very back.
Speaker 5: At Jigsaw dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, But to be honest, We're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating Partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anyway, It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 7: Mother's Day is right around the corner. Celebrate Mom with the star studed Cowboys Nation gift. Visit a pro shop near your log on to shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot com, a fanatics experience, and give mom a gift like no other. Yeah okay, cool, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shout out to all the mothers.
Speaker 8: Speaking of mothers, I just saw the tweet from a Cooper Bebe's mom posting him going, yeah.
Speaker 3: She said, does here he comes. That's couldn't be more prouder of his next journey. Love you bub go get him. He looks like a bub Oh.
Speaker 6: Jeez, he do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you ain't seen call he looks like I wish we could show it.
Speaker 8: Can we show?
Speaker 3: I don't know if you can see. You gotta like zoom at bigger Jesse.
Speaker 7: There we go, Yeah, hold on, here we go.
Speaker 8: That's like to close on my Sorry, well, anyway, he's on his way here for Minnie Camp.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, you're too close on me.
Speaker 8: Goodness.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I hate them all.
Speaker 6: Just my luck.
Speaker 7: That's gonna be the thumbnail of this video on YouTube. Just my.
Speaker 9: Yo luck. It's my.
Speaker 7: Because Jesse was zooming in on me.
Speaker 5: A game.
Speaker 2: You have a game to play. It's called lit hit or sit, so basically, oh my goodness. So lit right, you're gonna choose three names out here? Okay, okay, you're gonna choose if this.
Speaker 7: Hey wait, did we choose them at the same time?
Speaker 2: No, So I'm gonna go I used to first. She'll choose the three names that she draws, and then out of those three, you'll decide if it's a lit like, oh yeah, this dude in a ball, like you know, the confidence is there, the hit is like, you know, they hit on this pick right in the draft. But okay, just need a little see a little bit more, right, sid is like I need to see a little bit more development from him. I think it's gonna be year one kind of development. But I did add a couple of names that we need to step up this year, So maybe this is maybe like a deciding choice of like hm hmm, I still need to see a little bit more from him.
Speaker 7: Okay, got it, we got it, got it, got it, got it, get it good.
Speaker 3: Let Cassey go first. Okay, this is.
Speaker 4: All right, So I'm choosing three.
Speaker 7: She is so graceful of you, so graceful. She is beauty grace.
Speaker 5: O.
Speaker 3: Sorry, oh my goodness, that's so. The first name I had drawn is Jalen Brooks. Okay, I'm going to go with hit. Who else did you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, Jalen Brooks hit.
Speaker 4: Nathan Thomas. That's the late round offensive lineman. I'm just gonna say, uh, sit just because you know, late round pick and the not expecting him to come in and have to be a contributor right away unless there's an injury situation, but so much promise and can.
Speaker 3: Use this year to really develop and learn. So I love the pick though.
Speaker 4: And then Marshawn Neeland, who I mentioned earlier, is one of the rookies I'm most excited to see and I'm gonna say, uh, I'm kind of.
Speaker 3: Thinking LIT, but just to be safe, I'm going to go it.
Speaker 4: I really see him developing as the season wears on into a really valuable part of the past rush rotation.
Speaker 3: Marsha I'm I'm I'm looking at my line name.
Speaker 7: I'm like, someone want to trade one? Okay, so, oh my goodness, this is so much. I got Ryan Floorny Floor Floor, Maurice Foul, and Deuce Fun. Okay, my LIT is going to be Maurice. That's gonna be my LIT because I'm very excited.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: Like we were just talking about earlier, that linebacker position really needed the depth, that needed the help. I think he's kind of a guy that if he absorbs well enough, he can be a plug and play player this season. In my note, sorry, I know we're supposed to be. He was a thirty visits guy, so that I obviously means that they saw something that they really liked on him. His football IQ stands out and his failed awareness is a plus. However, it looks like sharpening his patience a little bit is gonna be key in his game.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's a good way to put it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I'm gonna say lit because I think that is just something that is doable in that part of time. It's okay, I'm gonna say you urt yours is hard?
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 7: Sorry, it's it's lit, hit or sit hit. I'm gonna say hit. Is my is douce Vaughan only because we want to see more from deuce I think everybody is intrigued to see what duce Von is going to do with that running back room this season. There's no guarantees in the running back room, even with Zeke back, Nobody knows who's kind of landing where. I think duce Vaughn has his best opportunity so far to get more playing time, potentially being one of the starters. So I'm gonna say hit. We need to see more, and I'm interested to see kind of how that year two, Jump is going to look for.
Speaker 3: Him and contribute. You don't kickoff returns.
Speaker 7: You already know that Special Teams edition is going to be welcomed. Ah Man, And I hate saying sick because we just talked about how great this guy can be. But Ryan Flornoy is going to be my sit only because we just don't know yet, especially for the wide receiver room as a whole.
Speaker 3: We don't know yet.
Speaker 7: Big question mark for that wide receiver three four position only because we don't know. And other than that, I'm still excited to see him. And uh, there's that.
Speaker 3: That was difficult, all right, So I'm gonna be quick.
Speaker 8: I got Tyler Guiden on Big Lit, Big Lit, real, big Lit, because he's a giant human. I got brock Hoffman. They ca we're looking for him to hit. I think we're looking for him to push that competition at center, regardless of whether he wins it or not against Cooper Babie. I think I've echoed on his show and on the Draft show as well as like having adequate, good.
Speaker 3: Depth on your.
Speaker 8: Offensive line is a luxury in this league. And for him to even the competition is gonna be great. But him for him to even be you know, reliable in a sense of if someone gets nicked up during the season or something like that. Knowing that you've got a guy that can come in and you don't have to completely shift your playbook or second guess the things you can do because you know he's capable is a blessing. So brock Kaufman, I'm looking for him to hit and Mozzie Smith is another guy that we are desperate, like you're in desperate need of him to take step down. It's it's like no in between because that DT position is not you got Justin Rogers from Auburn that they brought in, but he has to take a step forward this year.
Speaker 3: So I don't even know what to say about this. I don't even know what to label it as. I just know that plus plus plus yeah, yeah, plus something.
Speaker 7: It sounds like it's plus description.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 3: You get it with your with your neck. I just can't stress how much. And I and I will say too, it sounds unfair. I think we'll know early. Yeah, I think we'll know where it can't.
Speaker 8: Because he's wrestling against Cooper Bebe and if that is a if that's looking funny.
Speaker 3: Then we might need to start, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it needs to be addressed quickly. It can't be something that you wait on. They just can't help it. So I really hoping he recovers from the shoulder injury as well. He thinks he has shoulder surgery. This offseason comes in and is beneficial for this DT room because maybe ain't no hanging and it's a.
Speaker 4: Clean slate, clean slate with Zimmer and then Zanina is Ganina the defensive line coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's retaining a lot of information, probably going through some changes.
Speaker 7: Probably, And like I said, Mentalty, yeah, this is yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't stress it enough because you look at the one position you really experience you have Carl.
Speaker 7: Yeah, literally, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 7: There you go, that's it, Nicole, who's your hit?
Speaker 3: Yes, mama, it's my time to go. Sorry, y'all.
Speaker 2: I had to do it, Okay. So I have Sam Williams, jay Lon Tober, and Kayln Carson.
Speaker 3: Oh you got goo wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Stressing me out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, none of them sitting.
Speaker 3: They got a choice. No, So I'm gonna go, Hm, dang lit, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Sam Williams Okay, I wanna go Sam dud because one no more Dorian Tomstrong, no more Dante Fowler. You had a choice. Yeah, So definitely lit for Sam.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: He just has to clean up penalties obviously that was the issue in twenty twenty three for him.
Speaker 3: Can I have something?
Speaker 8: I will say that I've talked to several people who have been interacting with Sam as of late, been around him, trained with him, and it does seem like different. He is trepping into that maturity and I think he also understands the moment right now because.
Speaker 7: He has too.
Speaker 2: He did say that at the Derby Home in Derby to.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, appreciate you. So that's my lip, my.
Speaker 2: Hit, mm hmm, because we just talked about how much we love Jayalen Tober and how much he needs to step up this year. But I'm not gonna lie what al Hairs does with these uh these guys. Yeah, Kayln Carson out of the fifth round?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 6: Who else?
Speaker 7: Who is anything? But yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Kaylen Carson as my hit. Okay, and then I don't want to say sit for Jalen.
Speaker 3: Plus minus for Jayleen Tobert. I know that wasn't part of the game. I'm gonna fine cheated.
Speaker 2: I knew that was part, but no, I'm gonna go Jaylen Tolbert hit minus. Yeah, just because one, we're still looking for that guy, that number three guy. I'm a receiver and whoever he is gonna earn it.
Speaker 8: Yeah. That's the dopest part about what's happening right now in this competition, this this conversation is that whoever is that three is gonna earn it because you do have guys that can come out there and do it, and you want the best man to win.
Speaker 3: You want the guy that's gonna so you know you're not gonna get the ball. Hold on, but be prepared, be ready. Well I know he was lit on the show. But it's time to sit down.
Speaker 2: It's time, it's time to go time.
Speaker 7: I was waiting for that. I was waiting for the hit one.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, I couldn't.
Speaker 7: It's time to hit the road. Hit there you go, Okay, I see where you're going.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, ladies, a great show today, But that is a rat for today.
Speaker 2: You're watching girls star boy stop jig saw the third Davy partner the Dallas Cowboys will se y'all next Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Della Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubby